NATION

PASSWORD

BVC | 6th Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Britonish National Final

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Britonisea
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 29, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

BVC | 6th Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Britonish National Final

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:00 pm

WE ARE INTERNATIONAL
Website Thread
Information - Schedule
Semi Final 1- Semi Final 2 - Semi Final 3 - Battle Stage - Grand Final

Welcome to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021, the sixth instalment of one of the biggest WorldVision and World Hit Festival National Final. On this page, you will be able to find all of the IC content of each of the shows, including the results of them. You can also vote - regardless of whether you participate in WorldVision, World Hit or neither. We look forward to welcoming you to Cappehnyaden, Boscombard, Jyske, Arconne and Aloquirbe City!

Past Editions
2016 - 2017 - 2018 - 2019 - 2020

THE FORMAT
There will be three Semi-Finals of 8 acts each, with the voting split remaining the same as it has been - 50% Britonish votes and 50% International votes. However, this year the International votes will include televotes and a jury vote to mirror that of Britonisea's points distrubtion. The scores will then be added up as a percentage (as they have been done for the Britonish votes) and added together to give a final result. The top 2 songs will qualify directly to the Grand Final, while the songs which placed 3rd and 4th qualifying to the Battle Stage. Overall three Semi-Finals, this will mean 6 acts will qualify to the Grand Final to join the 2 automatic qualifiers (the winner of the Pre-Qualifiers and Tobias Noah from last year). The final 4 acts to join the Grand Final will be found using the Battle Stage. Three international juries; Ertzei Kishim, Beepee, Natanya will pick their favourite Battle Stage act leaving only 1 act left to qualify to the Grand Final. The Britonish and International public will choose between the two international acts and two pre-qualified Britonish acts - with the top 2 qualifying to the Battle Stage duel in which Waisnor will pick the winner to qualify to the Grand Final.

In the Grand Final, all twelve acts must perform their songs live. Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 viewers will be able to vote for their favourite act from the start of the show until the lines close minutes after the International Jury votes come through. There will not be a limit of how many nations can vote in the final, but BVC says that this might change depending on how many nations show support. The Grand Final will see International Juries giving their favourite 10 performances points in WorldVision Song Contest format which will make up 25% of the score. The other 25% will come from the International televotes whilst the remainding points will come from the Britonish Jury (worth 1/12 of the overall Britonish score) and finally, the Britonish Televote (making up 11/12 of the Britonish vote). This means that the maximum an artist will be able to receive will be 288 points. Compared to last year, using Kelsey Banques' winning percentage, she would have won with 216 points instead of 222 points. A Jury reveal where spokespeople give 12 points out will still be included this year, but it will be accompanied by a percentage next to the total number which is what will be used to decide the total International Jury score.

OOC: Users can only vote ONCE in each round of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. A maximum of eight nations can vote in each Semi-Final (and thus Semi-Finals results can be released earlier than scheduled).

THE SCHEDULE
Cut-off Time: 10PM GMT

Semi Final 1 (IC Date: 20th March 2021)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 20th March
  • Vote Closes: Friday 26th March 2021
    Semi Final 2 (IC Date: 27th March 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 27th March 2021
  • Vote Closes: Friday 2nd April 2021
    Semi Final 3 (IC Date: 3rd April 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Saturday 3rd April 2021
  • Vote Closes: Friday 9th April 2021
    Battle Stage (IC Date: 10th April 2021)
  • Vote Date: (For jurors only) Friday 9th April 2021 - Saturday 10th April 2021
  • Battle Stage Results: Saturday 10th April 2021
    Grand Final (IC Date: 24th April 2020)
  • Vote Opens: Tuesday 13th April 2021
  • Vote Closes: Friday 23th April 2021
  • Results: Saturday 24 April 2021
    *NOTE: Dates can be changed. For the Semi-Finals, a maximum of eight nations can vote which means voting periods might be considerably shorter (as they were in 2020). With that assumption, jurors should know their battle before Friday 9th April.

OPENING AND INTERVAL ACTS

Semi Final 1 Cappehnyaden
  • Opening Act: Charlotte Davies - Let Me Down Gently
  • Interval Act: Aria Cohen - Jusqu'au lever du soleil
Semi Final 2 Boscombard
  • Opening Act: WV89 Entry Premiere
  • Interval Act: Lukas Guerin - Let me Go
Semi Final 3 Jyske
  • Opening Act: WHF58 Entry Premiere
  • Interval Act: Tobias Noah - Round and Round
Grand Final Aloquirbe City
  • Opening Act: Kelsey Banques - Indestructible, Hosts of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021
  • Interval Act 1 (Before International Vote): TBA
  • Interval Act 2 (After International Vote): TBA
Last edited by Britonisea on Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:27 pm, edited 18 times in total.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Participants & Acts

Postby Britonisea » Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:01 pm

Your VM2021 Participants!

Semi-Final 1 in Cappehnyaden (Snippets out Wednesday!)
Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis [You've Got This]
O-Kai - New Me
J3 - Where We Left Off
New Girls on The Block - Left on Read
Josh Morris - Mine
TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
Elias Deichmann - Survive
Rochelle Fox - Eagle

Semi-Final 2 in Boscombard
TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser (Doqus!) [Boiling Point (Doctor!]
Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing
Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA
Xavier Benchek - Demons
Ella - Facile [Easy]
Jordan Baker - Give In
Zoe Wilkinson - Leap of Faith

Semi-Final 3 in Jyske
Petre Lemetre - Rebellion
Laila Phiona - Second Chances
Jason Reid - Truth
Mya Richardson - Wild and Free
Aaliyah Banques - Promise Me
Alex and Riyah - Do You Love Me?
Samuel Garrison - Riptide
Zoey Stratris - Where Am I?

Battle Stage Qualifiers in Arconne
Aria Cohen - Jusqu'au Lever du Soleil [Until Sunrise]
Lukas Guérin - Let Me Go
?? - ?? (International Artist)

Grand Final Qualifiers in Aloquirbe City
Tobias Noah - Round and Round

Your VM2021 Hosts!

Below are the VM2021 hosts. Here you can find out a bit about them as well.

Lucie Dagenham
Singer & Host of VME2019
Lucie Dagenham is no stranger to neither the WorldVision Song Contest, World Hit Festive nor Vha Mehlodhivestoile. In fact, she's sent a song to all of them! Lucie Dagenham has sent a song to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2020, where she placed 6th in the Grand Final - coming 3rd in the International Jury votes. Lucie represented Britonisea at the WorldVision Song Contest where she placed 4th with 124 points (in the Old System). Lucie also represented Britonisea at the World Hit Festival where she came 5th. There really isn't anyone better than Lucie when it comes to knowing how the artists feel.

Lucie Dagenham will appear in all of the shows as the Main Host.

Frida Grover
Singer & Host of WorldVision Song Contest 66
Frida Grover is a name that is similar to Britons. Frida Grover first appeared on our screens at the 63rd WorldVision Song Contest where she sang the song "Pyro" in Todlichebujoku. "Pyro" not only went to number 1 in the Britonish Charts, but her dance pop hit surfed its way straight to #1 at the contest, winning Britonisea's first title in 16 editions at the time of the WV63. Frida is multi-faceted. She hosted the 66th WorldVision Song Contest in Telm City, and has also appeared in Vha Mehlodhivestoile to sing her hit, "Pyro". Frida is known as a cultural icon in the country, with "Pyro" being the first song - and the only song to date - to have won the WorldVision Song Contest completely in the Britonish language. The girl from Alshkan will make sure that give Vha Mehlodhivestoile as much Britonish as she can.

Frida Grover will appear in the Battle Stage and Grand Final as the Main Host.

Emmanuel Taylor
Theatre Actor & Television Personality
Emmanuel Taylor is a familiar face for those who watch a lot of TV with him having participated on the BVC 2 reality show, Stardom Pond which is about a group of people who work in the entertainment industry, living in the West of Doportedas in Pondsend - which is considered the posher part of the city. Though Emmanuel stood out to be a breath of fresh air for the show, with him down-to-earthness making him a hit with viewers. Since he left the still ongoing show, Emmanuel has had continued to perform in the Theatre district of Doportedas, now fulltime due to Stardom Pond not taking up the rest of his time. Emmanuel now stars in The Lion King where he plays the adult Simba in one of the largest theatres in Britonisea - performing to a packed audience of 4,500 people - sometimes up to three times a day if there's an extra showing (though there are only 3 shows per day if there's a national holiday, such as National Brito Day). Not only that, he also does small non-musical performances in smaller theatres across the city when he has time off during the week. He will leave The Lion King and rejoin the cast of Stardom Pond but between now and then, he will be a VM2021 host!

Emmanuel Taylor will appear in the Battle Stage and Grand Final as the Main Host.

Jordan Bassett
Film & Television Actor
Jordan is a high profile Film Actor in Britonisea, known for starring in critically acclaimed films such as Judgement Day, The Drowned, Night is Coming. Jordan is always working on a new project, with his most recent project to be revealed soon. While people will be rushing to see him in films, they will also be able to catch him at Vha Mehlodhivestoile. Jordan is Telm City-based, but has a house in Cappehnyadden which he has moved to during the pandemic. This matches perfectly with Vha Mehlodhivestoile as that is the city we are first visiting. He wanted to appear more on television as well as film, with him making his television debut in the drama Mortir which was broadcast on BITC and was filmed across the ABEN Union.

Jordan Bassett will appear in the Semi-Finals as Main Host.

Matt Evans
YouTuber & Television Host
Matt Evans is a YouTuber known for uploading content about his day-to-day life, including his day job working with Actors (as a Director). His vlogging content includes having interviews with some of the top names in the acting industry - including Jordan Bassett! Matt's vlogging content may not be what people from other countries would expect in a day-to-day vlog, but he has many fans here in Britonisea with his charms pulling in over 1 million Britonish YouTube subscribers, with many more across Novapax. Those who would be interested in Matt most are those who want to get into the Music, Acting or even Television and Film. Because of Matt's brilliant style of presenting, he has also appeared on television shows including BVC's morning show, where he would present the Entertainment news during the summer.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Semi-Final One

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:00 pm

18:30 Britonish Time
OPENING ACT // THE ACTS // HOW TO VOTE // PLAYLIST // INTERVAL ACT & INTL QUALIFIER REVEAL

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Cappehnyaden, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

Vha Mehlodhivestoile is back for the sixth time, starting at the latest date it has so far - 20th March, which was the weekend of the finals of VM2017! Fans having been hoping that the extra wait means that those working on the production have had longer to work on making the show the best production yet. Alongside working with BITC, BVC has now struck a deal with the International Broadcasting Alliance, which means that over 50 nations will be able to broadcast the event both live and on-demand. It also saves BVC the trouble of individually sorting out which broadcasters will broadcast the event and which others won’t. This edition, a grand total of 26 Britonish participants will compete for 10 spaces in the Grand Final, joining the winner of the International Pre-Qualifiers and automatic Grand-Finalist, Tobias Noah who came third last year.

For the first Semi-Final, we will see the first eight Vha Mehlodhivestoile potentials participating for 2 direct grand finalists and 2 battle stagers. We will also see a performance of one of the automatic battle stage qualifiers too. Live from Cappehnyaden in the Telm Authority at the Teaside Sports Arena, where 5,000 socially distant fans are waiting for the show to begin. As the clocks struck at the earlier time of 1830 GMT, The traditional Vha Mehlodhivestoile opening theme began playing.

After the official opening theme was played, the final shot which you could see above was frozen on the screen for a few seconds before you could hear the mighty roar of the Britonish audience in the Teaside Sports Arena. It may have not been as packed as what BVC had initially hoped, but the show itself wasn’t going to be impacted. Tickets were being given to those who lived within the Authority and so a majority of people were coming from Telm City or Cappehnyaden itself. After a while, the ident for the show slowly faded away as a camera focused on a man playing the piano. He was very formal looking, playing the introduction of the song before nodding to the performer. The song being performed was Britonisea’s winning WorldVision Song Contest 87 performance, ”Let Me Down Gently”, being sung by Charlotte Davies. Charlotte Davies won the WorldVision Song Contest with 242 points - 134 points of which coming from the Jury.

In an ode to the excellence of Britonish pop music, there was no hesitation in picking Charlotte to open Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. Performing an orchestral rendition of her song, she began singing.

Charlotte Davies in Cappehnyaden: The seventh Britonish winner of the WorldVision Song Contest will sing a stripped version of her hit song "Let Me Down Gently" to open up Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021...

Despite it not being in Polkopia and the rendition that was about to be sung was not with the same energy as her winning performance, she decided to keep a few of the the things she had when she last performed her song to a huge crowd. The LED lights behind her had nothing on them with the circles being turned on - with them turning to a gold gradient with the left circles appearing richer in colour compared to the circles on the right - her left. As the piano started playing, there was an out-of-focus shot of Charlotte's face. The audience cheered a bit as the camera came into focus showing a serious-faced Charlotte Davies looking at the camera. She looked as though she had a bit of glitter in her makeup as her flawless skin sparkled under the lights of the stage. Eventually, after the introduction finished, she started singing, bringing her shiny microphone up to her face...

You only said you loved me from a distance,
Never when we're together.
Something’s on your mind but you won’t speak,
Too afraid to open up.

We’ve been on a knife-edge for months,
Been treading on eggshells, avoiding conversing.
Nights alone, drinking the pain away,
Crying myself to sleep, how long can this go on?

The first verse of the song went by pretty well, with the rather minimalistic staging going along with the rather empty piano and accompaniment. It was time to now take things to the next level as things started to improve in the song. There was a shot of Charlotte Davies, where her body took up most of the camera shot. As we moved onto the line "We've been on a knife-edge for months," we then saw a shot from further away in the arena as orange arrows now appeared behind Charlotte, slowly increase and decrease in intensity behind her along with the beat of the song. After the establishing shot of the arena, we then moved to a camera shot which moved closer and closer to her while she sang about how she felt as though she had been treading on eggshells. She never stopped looking at the beckoning camera, maintaining that close eye contact to make it seem as though the person she was singing to was watching this very performance. Perhaps he was. The strobe lights in the arena, slowly tilted upwards, causing a wonderful look from further away. The camera slightly tilted as we got to the line, "Crying myself to sleep", right before we moved onto the very short and snappy chorus.

Let me down gently, today
There’s no future for us, we both know it,
So let me go, I’ll be okay.
I’m hurting more hoping we’d pick up,
What we had from where we left off...

I want you, you wouldn’t believe how hard
I’ve tried to regain your attention but
Every day, I’m pushed further away,
Shout or scream, please something
Tell me if I should stay…

As Charlotte belted out another chorus, her surroundings changed accordingly. She took a strong, powerful pose on the podium she stood on as the LEDs showed a picture of a staircase - which you can find here which looked as though it had the neon effect on the walls of the stairs that has been present throughout the performance. In the performance, the picture behind her was obviously in motion, with the picture behind her moving closer and further away from the staircase, interacting with the twitching of the lights along the side of the staircase which flickered between the pink and the blue - which obviously refers to the genders since she is singing about a man. The screens which flanked the main one had neon lights running along with it with one side of the stage being pink while the other bathed in blue, a colour scheme which was only enhanced by the strobe lights on either side of the arena. Charlotte really felt the lyrics that she was singing, with Charlotte singing straight out towards the audience, taking in an air grasp as she sang the lyrics, "'Cuz I can't wait." after she pointed out towards the audience the line before. She continued as a close-up shot followed this, slowly moving out to show Charlotte's facial expression more closely. As she continued to sing, the backing LED became brighter as the strobes around her became less intense. She took a deep breath before she came up to her favourite line of the song, grunting as she started the line "Should I stay, should..." before she abruptly turned slightly to the left, pointing to the light at the top of the staircase in the LED behind her. As she sang the final line of that explosive chorus, the silhouette of the door closed disallowing the light to pass through, plunging the stage into darkness. Charlotte continued to sing into the mellow, downbeat bridge.

Your time is up, ‘cuz I can’t wait,
So give me a decision.
Should I stay, should I walk out that door?
That is your ultimatum.

Oh, I wish I could turn back the clock,
See where it went all wrong,
Pay heed to mistakes I made.
I’d turn back to when life was so bliss,
The only thing that I miss,
but I know that I can’t.

As we moved into the grand final chorus, there was a burst of light - juxtaposing the darkness of the bridge section before. The LEDs suddenly burst out with a geometric golden design, similarly to the one that you saw at the beginning of the song though this time - it seemed more interactive. Coupled with on-screen graphics, the LED's design was made to look as though it was coming out of the LED screen as straight to the living rooms of the people watching. There was the use of lasers which looked rather magnificent, especially when the camera moved outwards to see her on the podium. The fans were turned on, blowing her outfit and hair behind her as backing singers came in, creating a feast for the ears as everything blended so perfectly in harmony. The lights were flashing canonically along with the beat of the song, almost creating a nightclub feel on the stage as Charlotte was bathed in darkness for a split second before coming back into the light. The cameras provided a wide range of angles and dynamics to fully engage the audience watching at home.

Your time’s up, baby (can’t wait no longer)
So should I stay? (can’t wait no longer)
Or should I go? (can’t wait no longer)
Today? Today.

Should I stay or should I walk out that door?
That is your ultimatum.

After Charlotte Davies finished performing that rather emotional rendition of the song that won for Britonisea at the 87th WorldVision Song Contest, there was a huge round of applause as she faded into the darkness. For the first time this year, the hosts would be coming out. Lucie Dagenham, who was competing at Vha Mehlodhivestoile only last year alongside actor Jordan Bassett came from either side of the huge stage to the audience chanting after the pair of them. The cameras would flicker between the two gorgeous hosts as the pair moved closer together and eventually met in the middle. The pair of them, standing rather socially distant from one another, had huge smiles on their faces as they waited for the audience to calm down. This edition of Vha Mehlodhivestoile would be different since there wasn’t as many people in the audience as the edition before, but the energy was still alive. Vha Mehlodhivestoile was the biggest live audience there has been on television for months.

Lucie Dagenham: Bienvenue, wilkom and welcome to Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 - Semi-Final 1. I am your co-host for the evening, Lucie Dagenham!

A group of enthusiastic ladies in the front row cheered as Lucie introduced herself. The camera quickly cut to them before moving back to Lucie…
Lucie Dagenham: Oh, thank you ladies!

Jordan Bassett: And I am your other co-host...Jordan Basse-

Similarly to Lucie’s reaction, Jordan received a huge cheer from a group of much louder gentlemen who were on the same row too. Jordan laughed and jokingly flexed his bicep.

Jordan Bassett: Thank you, LADS! My name is Jordan Bassett and tonight we are live in the Teaside Arena in Cappehnyaden for the 1st Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021!

Lucie Dagenham: Tonight is going to go by really quickly - we have eight fantastic performances, a performance by the automatic Battle Stage qualifier and we will officially reveal the first international Battle Stage qualifier too!

Jordan Bassett: Yes, indeed. Your votes two weeks ago have been added to that of the international votes and we know the three entries that placed at the top of the scoreboard for the International Pre-Qualifiers stage so that is something to be excited for.

Lucie Dagenham: Now, Jordan and I aren’t alone tonight. Going live on his YouTube channel, MattEvansTV you can catch him as he brings you exclusive behind the scenes content. In fact, let’s have a little chat to the fabulous Matt Evans now! Hello Matt! What can we expect from you tonight?

The hosts of tonight's show: Jordan and Lucie are in the arena, while Matt will speak to the artists live from the Greenroom

There was a short sting for a few seconds on the screen as we moved from the main stage to the Greenroom where all the acts and their delegation (which were their songwriters, those who were on the stage with them and/or friends and family). Matt Evans was standing to one side of the camera with the other side showing the rows of those participating tonight.

Matt Evans: Hello to you and Jordan! I will be showing some exclusive content of tonight - I’ll be constantly interviewing not just the acts, but those who are involved in the whole process behind Vha Mehlodhivestoile - the crew, the catering, the costume designers - you name it, I’ve got it covered! Then, of course, during the breaks and whatnot, I will be going around to each act to find out just a bit more about them.

Jordan Bassett: That sounds wonderful, Matt! We will come back to you very, very soon!

Matt Evans: See you in a bit!

We then moved from the Greenroom back to the main arena where the two main hosts for tonight’s show were waiting for us.

Lucie Dagenham: Our social media is absolutely popping at the minute, so make sure to follow @mehves on instagram, twitter and snapchat for more of the latest gossip from our brilliant social media team!

Jordan Bassett: For those of you who are unaware of how Vha Mehlodhivestoile works - looking specifically at those who are watching from abroad - big shout out to those watching in Carrelie for the first time! - What will happen is eight acts will perform in three Semi-Finals. 2 acts will qualify directly to the Grand Final which is set to take place on the 24th April 2021.

Lucie Dagenham: The acts that have placed 3rd and 4th will head to the Battle Stage which takes place on the 10th April 2021. At the Battle Stage, they will be paired up with other Battle Stage qualifiers - with the best of the pair qualifying to the Grand Final, joining those who came 1st and 2nd and the automatic Grand Finalists; Tobias Noah and the winner of the International Pre-Qualifiers which we will announce during the 3rd Semi-Final.

Jordan Bassett: As we’ve said eight acts will perform tonight…

As Jordan says this, the graphic of the eight Semi-Finalists of Semi-Final 1 shows up on the screen.

Who will qualify?: With Semi-Final 2 and 3 both producing two Vha Mehlodhivestoile winners each, fans are expecting the winner to come from Semi-Final 1...

Lucie Dagenham: Similarly to last year, in the Semi-Finals, the Britonish influence will be 50% to the international influence. For the Britonish side, the juries will make up 50% while you at home make up the other 50%. Now, while you have 25% of the actual vote, you guys can make a big difference as we have seen in the past few years.

Jordan Bassett: Everything will be translated into points and you'll know at the end of the show the successful two artists who qualify straight to the Grand Final in Aloquirbe City and which two acts (third and fourth) will make a quick stop in Arconne for the Battle Stage. If you aren't aware as well, the number is displayed on the bottom left-hand corner along with the name of the artist and the song.

Lucie Dangenham: This year, there will be a star next to the name and information with the star getting brighter depending on how popular the song is... here is an example of how it is will look like using the winning song from last year...

Stage and graphic design for VM2021: This what the stage of VM2021 looks like along with what is going to be displayed during the acts.

Jordan Bassett: This will replace what we had before, where the text would get whiter depending on how popular it is. Right, there's only one thing to do!

BOTH: Brityunik! Start voting now!

The audience cheered with the camera catching some of the reactions from the seated audience in the arena. We then quickly went back to Lucie who continued speaking with the voting information shown on the screen.

Lucie Dagenham: Time for some terms and conditions! You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2021 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls cost 20p but that might vary based on your provider.

Jordan Bassett: Each vote we get through text or phone call will result in that being equal to four app votes. You will gain 12 free votes. 1 telephone or text vote though costs 4 app votes and you can telephone...or text... as many times as you want! You don't have to vote as the acts perform and can wait until the end, but the star will react to live reactions - so it's up to you!

Lucie Dagenham: First up tonight is Ben oe Jay. They will be performing their song "Woalvie Vhis", or "You've Got This". Let's see what they've been up to in preparation for their Vha Mehlodhivestoile debut!

The audience cheered as we went into the postcard of Ben and Jay. During this time, the VM crew worked hard to make sure that the stage was set up in time for the first performance of the night...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Semi-Final 1 | The Acts

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:03 pm

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro iñe, "Woalvie Vhis" schantevés bu Ben oe Jay.

Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis
Tune: Samir och Viktor - Odödlig
Translation: We've Got This
Language: Britonish
Music: Thomas Barker, James Dean
Lyrics: Benjamin McAdams, Jayden Crossbow
Starting at 01:27
Reuniese autuor vhe pyro ficer
V’ine chose hacvie on
Koinos, qounse tonteis? I ton de go-getters
Zy comnre!

Vhes couloures de signim seule jintrenie,
Ton red, albanne, azure oe orange
Lavorvie iesten signim - schanter
“Comnre Brityunik, hacvie woalre vhis”
Woalvie vhis
Gather around the fire to love
The one thing we have in common.
Who are we? A land of make-doers,
So come on

The only colours we support
Are red, white, blue and orange
Wave your flag - sing
“Come on Britonisea, you have got this”
You got this.

Performance Summary: The song has a mixture of different colours throughout the performance, mostly the colours of the Britonish flag. As we go into the final chorus, the orange and white of the Britonish flag are focused on the LEDs.

After Ben and Jay finished performing their song, there was a loud cheer for them in the audience with a huge sense of patriotism. The hosts appeared on the side of the screen...

Lucie Dagenham: Woalvie Vhis, Ben oe Jay! Up next is O-Kai! Some of you might remember her from her previous WorldVision Song Contest entry for Kalosia. She's hoping to get in touch with her Britonish roots and represent us. Music and lyrics by Xalia Bates, Geraldine Crossways, Kelly Brookes, Holly Gilles, Helen Riddolf, Tracy Baxter. Let's have a look at what she has been doing to prepare for her Vha Mehlodhivestoile performance!

**POSTCARD - O-KAI (59s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro vwi, "New Me" sivous wilkom O-Kai!

There was another applause as we moved onto O-Kai's song...

O-Kai - New Me
Tune: UNSECRET X LIV ASH - This is My Show
Language: English
Music: Xalia Bates, Geraldine Crossways, Kelly Brookes, Holly Gilles
Lyrics: Helen Riddolf, Tracy Baxter
Starting at 01:08
Oo-o-oh, so now you want me?
I've-e-e moved on already!

Welcome to the new me, no, don’t get too jealous,
Don’t you cry my honey, you’re the one who left.
Our ship sailed my baby, that’s just the way it is!
Want no apologies, I want nothing from you

Want nothing from you…
Want nothing from you...

Performance Summary: O-Kai is performing from a raised platform that has LED screens around it. The LED screens mimic the designs that are being shown on the huge screen behind her - bright colours that pop with her face appearing in slow motion. Some clever effects that were done was having O-Kai copy the movements the LED version of her was doing, any position it to make it look like an army of O-Kais! The stage fans were turned to the max, which was really effective especially during the pre-chorus section when the lights temporarily go down.

O-Kai finished her performance with a powerful note, which echoed in the arena for a few seconds. Huge applause was heard for the star that was O-Kai. Lucie Dagenham appeared on the screen again.

Lucie Dagenham: I certainly feel brand new after that wonderful performance! J3 is now next! J3 are Vha Mehlodhivestoile regulars, with this being their fourth time competing. Music by the members of the band themselves, with George Hatton-Smith, Taron Abraham on the lyrics, let's see how J3 prepared for their fourth Semi-Final appearance...

**POSTCARD - J3 (57s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro vhree, "Where We Left Off" bu J3!

J3 started singing their song...

J3 - Where We Left Off
Tune: RAKSU - Into It
Music: Jarvis Susa, Javian Xand, Jaxon David
Lyrics: George Hatton-Smith, Taron Abraham
Yeah, we’ll get through this,
That’s a promise, girl.
Before you know it we can,
Pick up from where we left off.

Yeah, we’ll get through it,
I know we will, girl.
One day we’ll reunite,
Reliving those happy memories

Performance Summary: The three men were standing in front of three white screens which had different types of strobes projected onto it with a member of the group comparing it to the tiktok challenge which sees people using a red-light filter. The three men were dancing in unison and singing in harmony before they come together for the final chorus.

One of the most popular boy groups in Britonisea finished performing their songs which resulted in an overall positive response from the audience.

Lucie Dagenham: I'm certainly hoping we get through this, yes! Now performing their song, New Girls on the Block! New Girls on the Block is a relatively new girl group from the capital. Music by an Brito-Axuvian team; Rina Baek, Jacob Thomlinson, Tio Bastion. Let's have a knees-up with the girls from New Girls on the Block.

**POSTCARD - NGoTB (58s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro piyr, "Left on Read" schantevés New Girls on the Block!

New Girls on the Block started their performance pretty swiftly...

New Girls on the Block - Left on Read
Tune: Little Mix - Sweet Melody
Music:Rina Baek, Jacob Thomlinson, Tio Bastion
Lyrics: Rina Baek, Jacob Thomlinson, Tio Bastion
Starting at 01:53
You were a mistake I won’t forget,
Because I just can’t get you outta my head.
Look where this has left me,
I’m in a half-empty bed,
With a heart full of regret.

You were a mistake I won’t forget,
Ignored my head, let my heart speak instead.
Where’s my apology? Your excuses left unsaid,
My messages left on, on read.

Performance Summary: The performance starts off quite ominously with the four girls appearing out of the darkness on a stage that is fully covered in fog. Sassily, the girls walk towards the front of the stage. The performance goes on to be a very fiery and fun performance that involved a lot of suggestive, but powerful dancing.

After that uptempo banger from the girl group, we were then going to move onto the next performance of the night now from a debutant.

Lucie Dagenham: I hate being left on read! Thank you to the New Girls on the Block! Up next is Josh Morris who will sing his song, "Mine". Josh is a debutant and is hoping to make a huge impact on his first go. Can he do it? Music and lyrics by Jayden Christopher, William Cross, Atekon Shipton and himself. Let's catch up with him...

**POSTCARD - Josh Morris (56s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro poçe, "Mine" oe Josh Morris!

There was silence before Josh Morris started his performance...

Josh Morris - Mine
Tune: IRAMA - La genesi del tuo colore
Music: Jayden Christopher, William Cross
Lyrics: Atekon Shipton, Josh Morris
Mine, you were mine,
The fault's mine, threw away all we had.
Lie - my way through life, karma bites
Now I gotta live with...live with what I've done (ay)
All the pain that I've caused.

Didn't want to hurt you,
[My] words, I didn't mean them
Your wounds will heal with time,
I'll face my comeuppance.

Performance Summary: The song has the highest number of camera cuts of the Semi-Final, and probably the most (or at least top 3) in the competition as a whole. The performance is mostly greyscaled (with high contrast between the white and black, Josh being placed inside a huge box with bright strobe lights around it which looks great in further away shots. The lights react with the intricate instrumentation of the song.

Lucie Dagenham: What an emotional performance from Josh Morris! Thank you very much! Up next is TR3SANGULIS - they are debuting at the competition this edition with a song that they have written by themselves. The Allard family are very proud of them and are rooting for them in their family home in Swithique. Let's see how TR3SANGULIS prepared for their Semi-Final performance...

**POSTCARD - TR3SANGULIS (59s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro six, "Ethereal" bu TR3SANGULIS!

There were a few cheers in the audience from those living in nearby Swithique before all was quiet. It was time for the performance by TR3SANGULIS...

TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
Tune: KEiiNO - MONUMENT
Language: English, Britonish
Music: Karjohan Allard, Georgina Allard, Reis Allard
Lyrics: Karjohan Allard, Georgina Allard, Reis Allard
Our bond is long-lasting, it can withstand all,
It’s larger than our greatest mountains.
Stronger than the most ruthless of oceans,
It’s truly ethereal.

Woah-oh-oh ethereal
Stronger than the most ruthless of oceans,
It’s truly ethereal.

Performance Summary: The three of them wanted to create something truly ethereal on the stage with there being landscapes of mountains and starscapes behind them. There was use of fog at the start which blended in very well with the flashing lights at the beginning. As the song went on, the "geysers" were used more shooting fog into the air.

Lucie Dagenham: Wow! What an ethereal performance! Up next is Elias Deichmann. The Machievelihian is debuting at Vha Mehlodhivestoile as well with his song, "Survive". Written by the brilliant James Embankment, T:Rodden, Raya Nicholls, James Davies and Elias himself, let us see how Elias prepared for his performance at Vha Mehlodhivestoile...

**POSTCARD - Elias Deichmann (56s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro seçen, "Survive" schantués Elias Deichmann.

Elias was waiting in the middle of the stage waiting to start performing his song...

Elias Deichmann - Survive
Tune: Hurts - Voices
Music: James Embankment, T:Rodden, Raya Nicholls
Lyrics: Elias Eachann, James Davies, Raya Nicholls
Starting at 01:26
Are we gonna survive until daybreak?
Think about the risks we’re gonna have to take,
Watch every single step, every move you make.

No end in sight (oh),
Have I got you right by my side, tonight?
The darkness got me - the dark, cold void,
Inside me, it thrives - I’m paranoid,
No, I won’t survive.

Performance Summary: This was another dark performance that Britonisea was in general known for doing quite well. On a platform behind him, silhouetted were his backing singers with Elias standing in front. The camera angles created an uncomfortable viewing experience (on purpose), with the backing people looking much larger than they actually were. There was the use of canted angles and minimal use of vanity strobe effects. A concept that would be developed if the song gets to the final, with some very specific staging Elias would have to remember step by step.

Lucie Dagenham: Thank you to Elias Deichmann for your wonderful performance. It's the final song of the night now! It's Rochelle Fox who returns after her 4th place two years ago. Music and lyrics by Susanne Barker, Evangelista Rocques, Kayla Luccia, Tasha Louise and Rochelle Fox herself. Let's see how Rochelle prepared for Cappehnyaden...

**POSTCARD - Rochelle Fox (55s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro eoghv, "Eagle" schantués Rochelle Fox.

Rochelle Fox - Eagle
Tune: Chrissy Costanza - Phoenix
Music: Susanne Barker, Evangelista Rocques, Kayla Luccia
Lyrics: Rochelle Fox, Tasha Louise
Starting at 01:43
Spent years alone, in solitude,
Caged in my thoughts,
Memories of you.

Unshackle me and let me fly,
Don’t hold me down,
Let me soar towards the light.
Freedom awaits, it calls my name,
It’s now or never, give me my chance to rise.

With the wings of an eagle, eagle (I’ll fly high)
Eagle, eagle (Rule the skies)

Performance Summary: For the first time so far in Vha Mehlodhivestoile, the performance involved the use of holograms, especially for the eagle at the start of the performance and at the end, which was quite the sight to behold with colours such as red and orange being most prominent.

Lucie Dagenham: WooooW! You go girl! That concludes tonight's competitive performances - how great were those? Make sure to keep on voting, the voting lines are open for another 8 minutes or so! Let's go through a recap to remind you all of tonight's performances!

Due to the recent introduction of the televoting and jury split the edition after the last VM winner was sent, Vha Mehlodhivestoile has had to adapt to this. Thus, the way we vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile will change. The votes will be added to a Britonish Jury and Televote. Please read the information below to make sure that you are voting correctly.

While we cannot tell you in what way you should vote, we recommend using the televote to judge the song and the jury for the lyrics and staging summary.

There are 8 (eight) songs competing in Semi-Final One of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.

There are now two ways that you must vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile. You must provide a Jury vote and Televote using the form below.
  • Jury Vote: Please place the entry that you like the most in 1st position, your 2nd favourite entry in 2nd position and so on so forth until you get to your last entry. The scores will be converted into 12-10-7-5-3-2-1-0 and the percentage will make up the Jury score.
  • Televote: The televote is your score out of 10 for each entry. Your overall score cannot exceed 64 or be lower than 20. This means that you cannot give every entry 10/10 as that would equal 80 points or give everyone 1/10 as that would equal 8.

You must also give a score out of 10 to Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du Soleil". This score will not be added to the total that you've given to competing Semi-Final songs (ie if you've given 62 points to the eight competing songs, you can still give 10 to Aria as her points will not affect the Semi-Final points distribution). Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time in the Pre-Qualifiers for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.
While the deadline to vote is 26th March 22:00 GMT, but the host has the right to close the lines earlier or if 8 nations have voted.

The form is below...

This is the form you need to complete. Please post your votes on this thread, below the interval act.

Code: Select all
[b][u]VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL ONE[/u][/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]

[PLEASE DELETE]A quick summary of the form: In between the [X] brackets, please put your televote score out of 10. The overall televote score between all 10 entries must be between 30 and 64. In between the [Entry] brackets, please put the name or number of the song you are voting for![/DELETE]

[i]Main vote:[/i]
[X] [b]1st -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]2nd -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]3rd -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]4th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]5th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]6th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]7th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]8th -[/b] [Entry]

[b]My overall televote score is between 20-64:[/b] [] Yes

---

Please can you rate Aria's song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

[i]Rank automatic qualifier:[/i]
Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [X]/10

Please post your votes below, underneath the interval act!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Semi-Final 1 | Interval Ac

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Continued coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Cappehnyaden, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

After the recap finished being performed, we went to the Greenroom where Matt Evans was standing, smiling at the camera and waiting for his cue to speak. As the Greenroom was in the arena, but off to the side, in the shot, you could still see some people trying their hardest to get into the shot as proof that they were on the show to their family. After a while, Matt began to speak...
Matt Evans: Hello everybody, I'm in the Greenroom with all of tonight's acts. They all did such a good job, don't you think? Tonight's Semi-Final just flew by for me. You only have three more minutes to vote so make sure you do! Let's have a quick catch-up with a couple of them, right? Hello, there...Elias Deichmann! How are you feeling after your performance?

Matt Evans walked over to Elias who was sitting with his delegation, extending his microphone and placing it in front of Elias' mouth so that he could answer the question.
Elias Deichmann: Yeah, I am doing very well thank you! Performing tonight was absolutely fantastic - it's so great to be here in Cappehnyaden. I didn't know how Vha Mehlodhivestoile would be this year because fo the pandemic but its great to have some sort of normality.

Matt Evans: Aw yeah that is fantastic indeed. How would you react if you qualified to the Grand Final?

Elias Deichmann: (Pulled a face) I guess I would be so excited. You know, it's a reaction that you can only do when it happens...so it better!

Matt Evans: Haha, lets hope and pray! Good luck Elias! Hmmm, Rochelle, darling! Hello, how about you? How has your experience been so far? How does it feel to be back?

Matt Evans walked up to Rochelle Fox who was sitting with her delegation too. She smiled and stood up as Matt approached.
Rochelle Fox: Hey there! Honestly, it feels great to be back. I love working with the Vha Mehlodhivestoile team and I'm glad you guys have got me back here. I've loved working with my team and I think we will do really well this time around.

Matt Evans: We will see! How does it compare, your 2019 participation and 2021 one?

Rochelle Fox: Well, there are a lot of differences this year because of the circumstances of course, but it still feels like home? Like we've just refurbished, you know? Still home and I love it!

Matt Evans: Aw that is brilliant, isn't it? Thank you so much Rochelle!

Matt started walking to another area in the Greenroom before he turns and looks at the camera.
Matt Evans: Well, if you would like more exclusives from the Greenroom, make sure to check out my YouTube channel, Matt Evans which is a constant live stream! We will also be uploading more videos to the BVC Vha Mehlodhivestoile page. I can also announce that... voting in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 - Semi-Final one has CLOSED! Put down your phones, Britonisea! We will now make sure that all of our votes are correct, we will head back to the main stage where our hosts for the evening will tell us what's next on the agenda!

Matt Evans smiled at the camera before an ident showed up on the screen. We were then joined by the two main hosts of tonight, Jordan and Lucie.
Jordan Bassett: Very scary moments - I cannot wait to find out the results of the Semi-Final, what about you?

Lucie Dagenham: Oh no, me neither! But in order to calm our nerves, let's have some more music! Qualifying to the Battle Stage this year are two international acts and two Britonish ones. Performing in Semi-Final 1 and 2 are the Britonish ones and we will see who they go against in the Battle Stage also by replaying their Pre-Qualifier performance. The International act doesn't yet know if they've qualified so that will be a fun zoom call!

Jordan Bassett: Though, let's introduce Aria Cohen to the stage. She will be performing "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" now and will again during the Battle Stage. Right, enough of me speaking - say hello to Aria!

Battle Stage Qualifier
ARIA COHEN - JUSQU'AU LEVER DU SOLEIL

Tune: עדן בן זקן – בונסוואר | Bonsoir
starting from 0:59
Oh je vais rester sur la touche,
Car je suis prête à tout pour toi.

Ouais, vous me faites hurler d’amour,
Je pense a vous beaucoup,
Pourquoi ne venez-vous pas de moi et m'essayer,
Vous ne serez pas déçu.

Tes yeux sont très beaux, let me be your beau
Ne me lâche pas jusqu'au lever du soleil

[TRANSLATION]
Oh I’ll stay by the sidelines
Because I am ready to do anything for you.

Yeah, you make me scream with love,
I think about you a lot
Why don’t you try me out,
You won’t be disappointed.

You eyes are so beautiful, let me be your beau
Don’t let me go until sunrise.

After that performance, there was a huge cheer in the arena for Aria as the hosts joined her on the stage.
Lucie Dagenham: Oh my gosh! What a fun and fantastic performance, Aria! Wow! Well done, how do you feel?!

Aria Cohen: I feel great, wowzers! Thank you so much for having me and thank you Cappehnyaden for being such great hosts - it's been brilliant.

Jordan Bassett: No, thank you so much for the performance we loved your performance. For you, how important is it for you to do well?

Aria Cohen: It means the world to me, you know! I would love to represent my country at WorldVision and World Hit and this is a fair way to do it - being voted in by the Britonish public. Even if I don't do well though, it's a great honour to perform here in front of thousands, and many more millions watching from around the world.

Lucie Dagenham: The only thing to find out now is...who you will be performing against! Rightio! Let's find out now. The performance that is about to play will be the song that has qualified to the Battle Stage along with you, Aria! Ready...

Aria Cohen: I'm ready!

Jordan Bassett: Roll the VT...

As Jordan said that, the stage faded to black alongside the camera cutting to the VT which was of one of the winners of the Battle Stage... Congratulations to...

...more to come after the votes...

Beepee
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Beepee » Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:59 pm

VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL ONE
Nation Name: Beepee

Main vote:
[7] 1st - 7. Elias Deichmann - Survive
[8] 2nd - 5. Josh Morris - Mine
[9] 3rd - 6. TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
[5] 4th - 8. Rochelle Fox - Eagle
[7] 5th - 2. O-Kai - New Me
[5] 6th - 4. New Girls on the Block - Left on Read
[10] 7th - 1. Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis
[3] 8th - 3. J3 - Where We Left Off

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes (54)

---

Please can you rate Aria's song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

Rank automatic qualifier:
Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [6]/10

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Nation Name: Togonistan

Main vote:
[9] 1st - [TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal]
[8] 2nd - [Elias Deichmann - Survive]
[8] 3rd - [Rochelle Fox - Eagle]
[9] 4th - [New Girls on the Block - Left on Read]
[6] 5th - [O-Kai - New Me]
[3] 6th - [Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis]
[1] 7th - [Josh Morris - Mine]
[4] 8th - [J3 - Where We Left Off]

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes

---

Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [8]/10

Achaean Republic
Diplomat

Founded: May 26, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Achaean Republic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:03 pm

Nation Name: AS1

Main vote:
[8] 1st - [Elias Deichmann - Survive]
[7] 2nd - [Rochelle Fox - Eagle]
[10] 3rd - [Josh Morris - Mine]
[5] 4th - [New Girls on the Block - Left on Read]
[5] 5th - [O-Kai - New Me]
[4] 6th - [J3 - Where We Left Off]
[3] 7th - [TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal]
[2] 8th - [Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis]

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes (44)

---

Rank automatic qualifier: 9

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Nation Name: Elejamie

Main vote:
[9] 1st - TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
[9] 2nd - O-Kai - New Me
[7] 3rd - Elias Deichmann
[8] 4th - J3 - Where We Left Off
[6] 5th - Rochelle Fox - Eagle
[4] 6th - Josh Morris - Mine
[5] 7th - New Girls on the Block - Left On Read
[3] 8th - Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes (57)

---

Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [2]/10
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Ertzei Kishim
Envoy

Founded: Aug 12, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Ertzei Kishim » Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:56 pm

Nation Name: Ertzei Kishim

Main vote:
[8] 1st - Rochelle Fox - Eagle
[8] 2nd - TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
[8] 3rd - J3 - "Where We Left Off"
[8] 4th - Josh Morris - Mine
[6] 5th - Elias Deichmann - Survive
[5] 6th - O-Kai - New Me
[5] 7th - New Girls etc - "Left on Read"
[3] 8th - Ben & Jay

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [X] Yes

---

Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [9]/10
Last edited by Ertzei Kishim on Sat Mar 20, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:05 pm

Nation Name: Scotatrova

Main vote:
[8] 1st - TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal
[8] 2nd - Josh Morris - Mine
[8] 3rd - New Girls on the Block - Left on Read
[7] 4th - Rochelle Fox - Eagle
[6] 5th - Elias Deichmann - Survive
[5] 6th - O-Kai - New Me
[5] 7th - Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis
[3] 8th - J3 - Where We Left Off

---

Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [5]/10
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Rhim Flavezztowland
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhim Flavezztowland » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Nation Name: Rhim Flavezztowland

Main vote:
[10] 1st - [Rochelle Fox - Eagle]
[6] 2nd - [New Girls on the Block - Left on Read]
[8] 3rd - [Josh Morris - Mine]
[7] 4th - [Elias Deichmann - Survive]
[2] 5th - [TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal]
[9] 6th - [Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis]
[5] 7th - [J3 - Where We Left Off]
[3] 8th - [O-Kai - New Me]

---

Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [7]/10

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:04 am

Nation Name: Normandy and Picardy

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Josh Morris - Mine
[8] 2nd - Elias Deichman - Survive
[7] 3rd - Ben & Jay - Woalvie Vhis
[7] 4th - O-Kai - New Me
[7] 5th - Rochelle Fox - Eagle
[5] 6th - New Girls on the Block - Left on Read
[5] 7th - J3 - Where We Left Off
[2] 8th - TR3SANGULIS - Ethereal

---

Score Aria Cohen's "Jusqu'au lever du soleil" out of 10: [7]/10
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Voting in Semi-Final One is now closed...

Postby Britonisea » Mon Mar 22, 2021 6:06 am

STANDBY
Voting in Semi-Final One is now closed!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | The Results

Postby Britonisea » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:08 am

Continued coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Cappehnyaden, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

After a chat with the international qualifier, Darlington from Ertzei Kishim with Matt Evans, we then went back to the main stage where Lucie and Jordan were standing with smiling faces. They were ready to announce who had qualified to the Grand Final of the competition. The audience cheered loudly as Jordan started to speak...
Jordan Bassett: Thank you for that interview Matt and a huge congratulations to Darlington for qualifying. We will find out after the conclusion of Vha Mehlodhivestoile where exactly Darlington placed on the scoreboard.

Lucie Dagenham: Right now, it is time to announce the winners of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 - Semi-Final One. It has been an intense battle so I am excited! Who's going to make it, Jordan??

Jordan Bassett: God knows and our God is Lewis Schmit, the executive producer of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021! Welcome back Lewis!

Lewis Schmit: God haha, I'm not quite God - I can't be compared to the man Himself! But I tell you, trying to sort through all these votes is definitely God's work!

Lucie Dagenham: Are you able to tell us anything about the results tonight?

Lewis Schmit: Yeah, of course I can! Eight nations voted in the Semi-Final, all of whom using a Jury and televote split. The televote is either people calling in using their phone numbers or the app in their country or we compile a group of random people - up to 50 - from that country to vote. The eight nations that voted, and we give special thanks to are Beepee, Togonistan, Achaean Republic, Elejamie, Ertzei Kishim, Scotatrova, Rhim Flavezztowland and upcoming World Hit Festival 57 hosts Normandy and Picardy. A great diversity of nations, all of whom are great in their own right.

Jordan Bassett: Wow that is so interesting!

Lewis Schmit: Indeed it is! The international vote was very close at the top, as well as the Britonish top 4. The Britonish Jury, The Britonish Televote and the International total didn't agree which has made results very interesting and quite messy! There is a record-breaking stat this edition - three songs received 100 points in this Semi-Final which is a first under the current scoring system! The points between making it to the Grand Final and Battle Stage was...2. A very close race.

Lucie Dagenham: How very exciting! Lewis, would you be able to confirm that you have the final result to send it over to us then?

Lewis Schmit: Yes, indeed. Sending you the results. Good luck to all the participants and well done for a successful first show.

The audience cheered as the screens came with the eight acts...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:25 am

Lucie Dagenham: Wow, look at that...12 million plus votes...All of the scores have been added together from the International votes and the Britonish votes. If you don't remember, the Britonish televote makes up 50% of the Britonish vote and the Britonish Jury makes up for the other half. Huge changes can happen on the scoreboard in the meantime. We will release all of the votes at the end of Vha Mehlodhivestoile on the 24th April 2021.

Jordan Bassett: For now, we will be revealing the first Grand Finalist. The Grand Finalist will get to perform their song once more. We will then announce the two Battle Stage qualifiers before moving on to the second Grand Finalist. They will perform their song - we have a little chat and then it's hasta la vista from us in Cappehnyaden! Right... let's get on with it!

There was a nervous "wooo" from a few members of the audience as intense music filled the arena. Lucie Dagenham started to speak...
Lucie Dagenham: The first Grand Finalist of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021...

Lucie Dagenham: ...performing live on the 24th April 2021...

Lucie Dagenham: ...is...

There was then another 20 second pause as we went down the line of the eight participants of the Semi-Final. The wait was over...

GRAND FINALIST #1

"EAGLE"
BY ROCHELLE FOX

As Rochelle's name was announced, Rochelle dropped jumped in the air with pure excitement, hugging Elias who was standing next to her in the Greenroom. Through the cheering audience, Rochelle started to make her way to the stage as behind-the-scene professionals got her ready as she walked...

Jordan Bassett: Congratulations to you, Rochelle Fox! You have qualified directly to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile for the second time! Please make your way to the stage and get ready to perform your song... "Eagle"!

After some time, she made her way to the stage...

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro eoghv, "Eagle" schantués Rochelle Fox.

Grand Finalist
Rochelle Fox - Eagle
Tune: Chrissy Costanza - Phoenix
Music: Susanne Barker, Evangelista Rocques, Kayla Luccia
Lyrics: Rochelle Fox, Tasha Louise
Spent years alone, in solitude,
Caged in my thoughts,
Memories of you.

Unshackle me and let me fly,
Don’t hold me down,
Let me soar towards the light.
Freedom awaits, it calls my name,
It’s now or never, give me my chance to rise.

With the wings of an eagle, eagle (I’ll fly high)
Eagle, eagle (Rule the skies)

Performance Summary: For the first time so far in Vha Mehlodhivestoile, the performance involved the use of holograms, especially for the eagle at the start of the performance and at the end, which was quite the sight to behold with colours such as red and orange being most prominent.

At the end of the performance, there was a huge roar for Rochelle Fox. Did she win the Semi-Final like she did two years ago? We'd have to find out after the Grand Final when the results were released.

Jordan Bassett: Such an amazing performance, Rochelle. Well done! Up next is the first of our two Battle Stage qualifiers. Right...the first of the two Battle Stage qualifiers for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 is...

After a shorter break, Jordan released the name of the Battle Stage qualifier...

BATTLE STAGER #1

"SURVIVE"
BY ELIAS DEICHMANN

Jordan Bassett: Congratulations, Elias - we will see you in Arconne in a couple of weeks!

The audience cheered as the picture focused on a rosy-cheeked Elias smiling towards the camera with gratitude...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

Postby Britonisea » Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:53 am

There was another nervous "wooo" from a few members of the audience as intense music filled the arena. Lucie Dagenham started to speak...

Lucie Dagenham: The next Battle Stage qualifier is...

There was then another 20 second pause as we went down the line of the six remaining participants of the Semi-Final. The wait was over...

BATTLE STAGER #2

"ETHEREAL"
BY TR3SANGULIS

Jordan Bassett: The final Grand Finalist... Right. All of you have worked very hard to get here...

The camera moved down to line, focusing on Ben and Jay as the pair chuckled and waved at the camera.

Jordan Bassett: But there is only space for one more of you to qualify.

The camera then moved to O-Kai who stuck her tongue out. Some audience members cheered for O-Kai.

Jordan Bassett: 12 million people in Britonisea, juries and international fans have voted for this act to make it through...

The camera moved to J3 who received a loud cheer due to their popularity in Britonisea.

Jordan Bassett: ...And the act that will make it through to the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021...

The camera moved to New Girls on the Block who had their figures crossed, holding each other close...

Jordan Bassett: ...is...

We finally focused on Josh Morris who looked quite worried, the camera then focused on the five acts all at once... There was a moment of silence...

GRAND FINALIST #2

"MINE"
BY JOSH MORRIS

The final qualifier was revealed - the whole of the second half of the show qualified - something that hasn't happened since 2019's Semi-Final 3. Josh Morris shouted an emphatic "COME ON!" into the air as he hugged his team and moved towards the stage as the behind-the-scene personnel attended to him on the move.

Lucie Dagenham: Well done, Josh! You are the final qualifier, joining Tobias Noah and Rochelle Fox in the Grand Final! Please make your way to the stage!

After some time, he made her way to the stage...

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro poçe, "Mine" oe Josh Morris!

Grand Finalist
Josh Morris - Mine
Tune: IRAMA - La genesi del tuo colore
Music: Jayden Christopher, William Cross
Lyrics: Atekon Shipton, Josh Morris
Mine, you were mine,
The fault's mine, threw away all we had.
Lie - my way through life, karma bites
Now I gotta live with...live with what I've done (ay)
All the pain that I've caused.

Didn't want to hurt you,
[My] words, I didn't mean them
Your wounds will heal with time,
I'll face my comeuppance.

Performance Summary: The song has the highest number of camera cuts of the Semi-Final, and probably the most (or at least top 3) in the competition as a whole. The performance is mostly greyscaled (with high contrast between the white and black, Josh being placed inside a huge box with bright strobe lights around it which looks great in further away shots. The lights react with the intricate instrumentation of the song.

*Interviewing the qualifiers*

During the interview, it was mentioned that Rochelle Fox qualified directly to the Grand Final again, making her the only person to finish in the top 2 of a Semi-Final with a 100% qualification rate. Josh Morris qualified in spot 5 of Semi-Final One - something not done since 2017 (the 2nd edition) which produced the winner of the World Hit Festival 37 in Kalosia.

At the end of the production, the hosts said goodbye to the audience at home...

Lucie Dagenham: Thank you everyone for joining us for the first Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoie, we've loved having you!

Jordan Bassett: Make sure to come back next week at the time of 20:00 GMT for the next Semi-Final.

Matt Evans: The snippets of the next Semi-Final come out on Wednesday 24th March - so keep an eye out for that!

Lucie Dagenham: Up next is the World Hit Festival in Normandy and Picardy! Will James Benamar win? Let's hope so!

Jordan Bassett: But for now, from us it's goodbye and see you next week!

The audience cheered as the credits showed up on the screen. We could see the two qualifiers being papped by the newspapers...

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Semi-Final Two

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:00 pm

20:00 Britonish Time
OPENING ACT // THE ACTS // HOW TO VOTE // PLAYLIST // INTERVAL ACT & INTL QUALIFIER REVEAL

Live Coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Boscombard, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

The introduction of the international televote definitely added some more tension to the final votes in the eyes of those verifying the results. Margins between qualifying directly to the Grand Final and Battle Stage were tight, with acts being grouped very closely together in terms of points. People commented on the fact that acts only in the second half qualified to the Grand Final - something that had only happened once before (Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2019, Semi-Final 3) coincidentally consisting of Rochelle Fox who, along with Josh Morris, qualified directly to the Grand Final. Last week saw a total of 11.92 million households tuning in to see the start of Vha Mehlodhivestoile - the 8th most watch Semi-Final out of 16 so far, and the 13th most-watched Vha Mehlodhivestoile show including the Junior editions out of 37. To the eyes of BVC, 11.92 million was a bog-standard viewing figure. They did think that more people would be watching due to COVID restrictions, but they can’t really complain at their 46.2% viewership they had at the time - eating a huge chunk of the live viewing population.

We now head to Boscombard, in the Kyvivre Authority for the second Semi-Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. Capped at a capacity of 6,000 people the Boscombard Exhibition Centre will be the centre of attraction for tonight. There was no WorldVision tonight, there was no World Hit Festival - so BVC could start the proceedings at 8:00pm. As it hit 20:00 hours, the official theme tune for Vha Mehlodhivestoile started to play…

DEBUT WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST 89 PERFORMANCE

It was announced a bit before the start of the production that Shaughna would represent Britonisea at the 89th WorldVision Song Contest. There is a lot of expectation for Shaugna after Britonisea managed to finish in the top 2 for a second time in a row with Roksie Rakas' "Come What May" who finished with 211 points in the Grand Final. In this edition, Shaughna will be sending the song "nobody wants her." which is singing about a girl who has been ostracised from society. Who exactly is she speaking about? That is up for interpretation. For the upcoming Vha Mehlodhivestoile performance, Shaughna would perform a lite version of what she plans to have on the main stage in Todlichebujoku. She stands in the middle of the stage as the camera swoops in. The audience cheers for a while before the music started and her face is lit amongst the darkness. Shaughna wears a catsuit as she starts...

She’s been blacklisted,
Nobody wants her.
She sleeps on cold floorboards,
Has mice as her friends.
Hopes and dreams keeps her warm,
Her thoughts keep her sane.

She had no mum or dad to tell her why she...
Tell her why she’s the way that she was.
She thought that it was just because.
Until one...night…
She sneaked out and she had some fun.
Came back home with hands full of blood.
Hands full of blood, hands full of blood.

As the music slightly changes into a dreamy sound, Shaughna slowly moved her hands in a wavy motion with some clouds appearing in the background on the LED screen. The stage slightly goes lighter in colour as the back wall became slightly more intense. It looked as though everything stopped as Shaughna repeated the phrase "Hands full of blood", with the screen shattering as she held her hands out. As the screen shattered, lights from the side of her started flickering as the stage quickly flooded with low flying fog.

The devil’s in her - flip goes the switch,
The darkness comes right out.
You can’t help her, she’s untouchable,
One word and she’ll end ya.
She doesn’t, she doesn’t, she doesn’t,
She doesn’t, she doesn’t, care who you are.
She’ll lure you in, she’ll chew you up
And then she’ll spit you out.

As she sang to the chorus, the lights from either side flashed on along with the beat of the music, so the shadow on her face would be on either side dependant on the beat of the song. The camera shots were fast and sharp, with a different angle being used every few seconds or so. Meanwhile, the screen behind her wasn't being used all that much, with the lighting and camerawork driving this entry. The stage floor was covered in smoke as we moved into the verse.

I guess it’s what happens, Rapunzel locked in,
Ignore the stories ‘cuz pain turns to hate.
Had a sense of freedom, got to her head,
For her, this is heaven.

But for us it’s Hell, she goes ‘round torturing kids,
And she blames it all on the id.
Because one night...
She sneaked out and she had some fun.
Came back home with hands full of blood.
Hands full of blood, hands full of blood.

There was a shot rising from beneath the smoke, looking up at Shaughna as she spins around aimlessly on her axis before noticing the camera watching her. Shaughna bends down and reaches out to the camera, singing towards it. As she reaches the lines "Hands full of blood", she reaches for a black baseball bat, and whacks the camera before a shot of the whole stage is shown, zooming quickly into Shaughna who quickly stands up and smiles, irking her head.

Appearing on the stage with her were people wearing a similar catsuit, but they were completely covered up so you couldn't see their faces. They were all dancing in odd contemporary, making those watching feel quite uncomfortable. As we move onto the bridge section, the screen started to do some crazy things.

[Distorted Voices]
The devil’s in her

During the bridge section, there were some plumes of fires that appeared in small amounts along with the beats of the song. Shaughna stood still in the middle of the stage. She continued, now singing the section into the final chorus.

No you cannot reason with her,
No you cannot change her with hope,
You see the darkness of her eyes?
You should start running or tonight you will die

During the final chorus, there was a lot more pyrotechnics shooting flames right into the air from every angle making the stage look like a fiery inferno. She sang the final chorus before a close up shoot saw her smiling straight into the lens. There was a large round of applause before the three hosts of the evening as they made their way onto the stage as Shaughna disappeared.

Jordan Bassett: Thank you for that show-stopping performance, Shaughna Lucero! That, ladies and gentlemen, is what will represent us at the upcoming WorldVision Song Contest that will take place in Todlichebujoku. Congratulations and we hope you do well! We will have a chat with you later!

Matt Evans: Hello everybody and welcome to Vha Mehlodhivestoile, the show broadcasted around the multiverse in a great attempt to force our culture onto others!

Lucie Dagenham: Or, provide quality entertainment for our home audience and others abroad! I am your main stage co-host Lucie Dangenham…

Jordan Bassett: I am your other main stage co-host Jordan Bassett…

Matt Evans: And I am Matt Evans - I will be in the Greenroom, keeping up with the latest goings-on behind the scenes.

The hosts of tonight's show: All three hosts are in the arena, but Matt will speak to the artists live from the Greenroom.

There was applause from the Bosco-Kyvian audience. They weren’t as rowdy as the audience last week from Cappehnyaden. In all honestly, Jordan and Lucie lowkey appreciated it.
Jordan Bassett: Last week we saw Josh Morris and Rochelle Fox qualify directly to the Grand Final while TR3SANGULIS and Elias Deichmann await their fate in the Battle Stage…

Lucie Dagenham: While four others were sent home - given the axe - return to sende-

Matt Evans: I think they get it, Lucie! Unfortunately we had to see some go but tonight, we will hear eight new songs, including the last Britonish automatic qualifier.

Jordan Bassett: And in addition to that, Matt, we will also find out the next international qualifier to the Battle Stage. Some of you might remember that Darlington from Ertzei Kishim wowed the voters and placed either 2nd or 3rd and earnt a spot in the Battle Stage.

Lucie Dagenham: I absolutely loved that song! Weekly reminder to make sure you follow us on all social platforms, @mehves on instagram, twitter and snapchat for more of the latest gossip from our brilliant social media team!

Matt Evans: As always, this is how tonight is going to work. 8 songs will perform on the stage for the first time. During the performances and a bit after, those at home will have a chance to vote. For those of you who do not reside in Britonisea, please listen to your commentator about whether your nation is eligible to vote.

Jordan Bassett: The top two songs will join Josh Morris, Rochelle Fox and Tobias Noah into the Grand Final of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021, while two more will join the Battle Stage. In the end, there will be 12 songs in the Grand Final.

Lucie Dagenham: Here are the eight performances of tonight’s show…

Who will qualify?: Semi-Final 2 has always been a hotly contested one. The bookies are very excited ahead of this Semi…

Jordan Bassett: Similarly to last year, in the Semi-Finals, the Britonish influence will be 50% to the international influence. For the Britonish side, the juries will make up 50% while you at home make up the other 50%. Now, while you have 25% of the actual vote, you guys can make a big difference as we have seen in the past few years.

Matt Evans: Everything will be translated into points and you'll know at the end of the show the successful two artists who qualify straight to the Grand Final in Aloquirbe City and which two acts (third and fourth) will make a quick stop in Arconne for the Battle Stage. If you aren't aware as well, the number is displayed on the bottom left-hand corner along with the name of the artist and the song.

Lucie Dagenham: And now there is only one thing to do!

ALL: Brityunik! Start voting now!

As they shouted this, there was a camera which swooped over the audience who all put their hands in the air with joy. It was time to decide the next qualifiers of VM2021.

Jordan Bassett: You can vote via the Mehlodhivestoile 2021 app, or you can vote by calling 0141 2340 22 and the number of when your act is performing. You can also vote by texting "WIN" by texting 623 22 and then the number of your favourite act. For example, if you wanted to vote for act 1, it's 0141 2340 2201. Calls cost 20p but that might vary based on your provider.

Matt Evans: Each vote we get through text or phone call will result in that being equal to four app votes. You will gain 12 free votes. 1 telephone or text vote though costs 4 app votes and you can telephone...or text... as many times as you want!

Lucie Dagenham: And of course, you don’t need to vote straight away! You can wait until all acts have finished and then vote afterwards but your votes won’t be added in the live voting star on the bottom left of the screen.

Jordan Bassett: It’s time for some music. Up first tonight we have TOULOUSE! TOULOUSE qualified to the Grand Final last year and finished in 5th place. They have done this all before, so how hard can it be to replicate their success from last edition? With their song “Pointe-Ouiser”, let’s have a look at their songwriting process.

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | The Acts

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:04 pm

Lucie Dagenham: Mehlodhi numéro iñe, "Pointe-Ouiser - Doqus!" schantevés bu TOULOUSE.

TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser
Tune: Against The Current - Voices
Translation: Boiling Point
Language: Britonish
Music: James Patel, Scott Williamson
Lyrics: James Patel, Aaliyah Aatkani, Scott Williamson
Starting at 01:30
Fio et rechreux pointe-ouiser, otam pryreux,
Vhere’os xerox cy speakte, there’s nothing you can do
Nacy copo vise, rodesiro help, tellular et - i doqus (doqus!)
Rodesiro help, doqus

Fio et rechreux pointe-ouiser, otam pryreux,
Vhere’os xerox cy speakte, there’s nothing you can do
Nacy copo vise, rodesiro help, tellular et - i doqus (doqus!)
Rodesiro help, doqus

I feel myself reaching boiling-point, I’m burning
There’s nothing you say, there’s nothing you can do
I cannot cope anymore, I need help, call me a doctor
I need help, doctor

I feel myself reaching boiling-point, I’m burning
There’s nothing you say, there’s nothing you can do
I cannot cope anymore, I need help, call me a doctor
I need help, doctor

Performance Summary: The perform is a rather simple one. James and Aaliyah are in the forefront with Scott in the back with a drumkit playing on a slightly raised platform. The camera mostly focused on Aaliyah as she sings the most with a steadicam occasionally swooping over to James. There are bright colours - usually solid colours that appeared on the screen. This was reminiscent of their previous participation.

After TOULOUSE finished performing their song, there was a loud cheer for them in the audience. They were fairly popular especially after they placed 2nd in the Britonish televote last year in the Grand Final. A lot of people were looking forward to their return.

Jordan Bassett: Brilliant! Thank you to the runner ups of the Britonish vote last year at Vha Mehlodhivestoile - TOULOUSE with "Pointe-Ousider" everybody! Up next we have Antonio Ambrose returning for the first time since 2019, hoping to make it to the Final. Songwriters include Kieran Whithers, George Alleyne, Louise Hamilton, Susan Berry, Rapahel Caron and Fiona Bruce. Let's see how he prepared for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.

**POSTCARD - Antonio Ambrose (56s)**

Lucie Dagenham: Mehlodhi numéro vwi, "Keep on Dancing" sivous wilkom Antonio Ambrose!

There was another applause as we moved onto O-Kai's song...

Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing
Tune: Артем Пивоваров - Дежавю
Music: Kieran Whithers, George Alleyne, Louise Hamilton
Lyrics: Susan Berry, Rapahel Caron, Fiona Bruce
Starting at 02:37
When the lights turn on, I'll keep on dancing.
When the staff close the doors and have gone home.
When everyone's had enough, I'll keep dancing.
I'll dance my pain and sorrows away.

When the lights turn on, I'll keep on dancing.
When the staff close the doors and have gone home.
When everyone's had enough, I'll keep dancing.
I'll dance my pain and sorrows away.

Performance Summary: In his performance, a fairly large 4m diameter circular platform which spun around was put onto the stage. Antonio would stay on this platform, dancing and reacting to what he was singing. He had three male dancers on the stage with him, all wearing matador-esque outfits which had the three men's chests bare. They would circle around Antonio as the song went on with Antonio interacting with the camera as it followed him around the circular platform. The main colours that were used were ones you associate with the club, with strobes rich in colour being used.

Antonio Ambrose finished her performance with clapping. The audience slowly started clapping before erupting into a huge cheer for the returning Antonio Ambrose. He blew a kiss to the audience before Jordan Bassett was seen once again.

Antonio Ambrose: I absolutely loved that, Antonio! I wish you good luck tonight. Another returning act, boy are we treating you tonight! Written by James Embankment, T:Rodden, Viktor Nelson, Susanne Barker, Mini Surrey North, Julie Smith and the main woman herself, Mello Cinde is performing next with her song, "Sticks and Stones". Let's see how Mello prepared for Mehlo!

**POSTCARD - Mello Cinde (59s)**

Lucie Dagenham: Mehlodhi numéro vhree, "Sticks and Stones" schantues Mello Cinde!

Mello Cinde started singing the song...

Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
Tune: Kurt Hugo Schneider & Andie Case - CHAMPIONS
Music: James Embankment, T:Rodden, Viktor Nelson, Susanne Barker
Lyrics: Mini Surrey North, Julie Smith, Mello Cinde
Starting at 01:30
Call me whatever you want, spread your lies to the masses.
It won't affect me, your words will go unheard.

I'll strike with a vengeance,
My heart's encrusted with diamonds, ready for any war.
I'll come out braver,
Sticks and stones may break my bones, but
Your words, they'll never hurt.

Performance Summary: There was a lot of things going on with this entry, which made this more of a theatrical performance. For the first two verses and choruses, Mello Cinde stands in front of these X-crossed poles with flickers amongst the dark background of the stage. As we went through the second chorus, the on-stage vocalists were appearing in the background - their silhouettes only. There was a huge white sheet that fell behind Mello Cinde as the backing vocalists came closer to the sheet, with some cool effects to make them seem larger and scarier than they actually were.

Mello Cinde finished her epic performance to the sounds of cheers in the arena. Mello Cinde was a highly respected artist who has already taken Britonisea to 2nd place at WorldVision and she wants to reach #1.

Jordan Bassett: Wow! That was absolutely brilliant, wasn't it? Well done to Mello Cinde! The first debutant of the night, the Unhinged Renegades with the song name "RATATATA" - I'm already excited. Written by Jourdain Carter, Jamie Banks, Martyn Luther and the Unhinged Renegades, let's see how the awesome foursome prepared for VM2021.

**Unhinged Renegades (1m01s)**

Lucie Dagenham: Mehlodhi numéro piyr, "RATATATA" schantevés bu Unhinged Renegades!

Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA
Tune: ONEUS - No Diggity
Music: Jourdain Carter, Jamie Banks, Martyn Luther
Lyrics: Kiain Boyst, Alexander Raffaelo, Chris Wilkinson, Xavier Rutherford
Starting at 02:10
Speak with your chest,
Since you’ve got something to (say!)
Whoever dared you to stand up to me?
One foot wrong, one misspoken word, you’re dead.
I’m the darkness of your shadow,
The gatekeeper of hell.

One mistake, shots fired
RATATATA, bullets flying ahead
(lalalala lalalala)
(lalalala) Ha! No way of survival.
Oh, I am your worst nightmare,
Watch where you step, better beware.
I’m those deep, dark thoughts you fear,
One foot wrong, one misspoken word,
And suddenly you aren’t here.

Performance Summary: With 130+ camera cuts, this is definitely the most dynamic performance of Vha Mehlodhivestoile so far - by a long way. The men had interesting staging, starting on huge 6ft+ blocks which they performed on at the start. As we went to the chorus, the pair of them went plunging into the block with the female dancers dancing around them with the steps they were doing inside the box. By the end, the walls of the box collapse to release them for the very intense final minute of the song.

The performance was met with great admiration and applause from the audience in Boscombard. You can tell that this performance set the stage alight.

Jordan Bassett: I am feeling really energised after that performance, next time I'll skip the coffee! We slow things down for the next performance by Xavier Benchek with his song "Demons". Demons was written by Xavier himself along with Leon Christopher and Samantha Parkson. This is Xavier's first time here so let's have a look at how he prepared.

**POSTCARD - Xavier Benchek (54s)**

Lucie Dagenham: Mehlodhi numéro poçe, "Demons" bu Xavier Benchek!

There was silence before Xavier Benchek started his performance...

Xavier Benchek - Demons
Tune: Emilio - Panik
Music: Xavier Benchek, Leon Christopher, Samantha Parkson
Lyrics: Xavier Benchek, Leon Christopher, Samantha Parkson
Starting at 00:50
The fire deep inside is burning with passion,
Nothing you can do can stop or extinguish it.
My mind’s drowning in thoughts trying to drag me down,
I won’t let my past demons in.

[So] when the demons begin,
I won’t let them in, I won’t let them win
Won’t let my past demons in.
Won’t let my past demons-

Won’t let my past demons in.
Won’t let my past demons-

Performance Summary: The song was one that the Britonish audience were definitely fans off and so for the choreographer, they had to make sure they staged this right. The performance didn't have the fireworks as the last, but this was one rather simple, with Xavier (being the skilled dancer he is) dancing alongside his 4 male dancers who flanked him. Through the use of on-screen graphics and VR, they managed to have cool effects coming off of Benchek (similar to the MV) and his dancers as they dancers which added a unique flair to his performance. The colours were quite dark to match the vibes of the music.

Jordan Bassett: That was such a cool and slick performance - I wish I could dance like Xavier! Right, haha up next is the first French song of the competition. Ria Veronica, Penelope Summerton and ELLA herself wrote the song "Facile" which means Easy in English. Should we have a look to see how facile it has been to prepare for VM2021 for ELLA?

**POSTCARD - ELLA (53s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro six, "Facile" oe ELLA!

ELLA - Facile
Tune: Ogee - La Favorite
Translation: Easy
Language: French, English
Music: ELLA, Ria Veronica, Penelope Summerton
Lyrics: ELLA
Starting at 01:23
Pour que tu m'aimes, c'est ne pas dificile
Je sais ce que tu penses de moi.
Pour toi et moi, une vie facile
Dis moi pourquoi pas.

Parce que je pense de toi tous le jours,
J'n"peux pas te sortir de ma tête.
Oh je te veux de plus en plus,
J'sais tu veux moi aussi.

For you to like me, it's not difficult
I know what you think of me
For you and I, a life so easy
Tell me why not.

Because I think about you everyday
I can't get you outta my head
I want you more and more
I know you want me too.

Performance Summary: The performance was set outside a nightclub, with graffiti and whanot being plastered on the huge screens behind them. In a matter of seconds, the stage was made to be a street with a car on the other side of the road which ELLA and her girls walked up to and it started going on fire. ELLA along with her girls did some dance moves with their hair blowing aimlessly in the wind.

Jordan Bassett: That car is definitely Lucie's - the way that ended up! What a fun performance. Right, up next is Sam Garrison. He wasn't supposed to perform in Semi-Final 2, but well...now he is! Shaugna Yates, Paula Banks, Ayden Amsterdam, Henry Ghost, Manley Hamilton, Yves St Piers And Sam himself. Right let's see how he prepared for his performance!

**POSTCARD - Samuel Garrison (58s)**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro seçen, "Riptide" schantués Samuel Garrison.

Samuel Garrison - Riptide
Tune: Mako - Parable
Language: English, Scotatrovan
Music: Shaugna Yates, Paula Banks, Samuel Garrison
Lyrics: Ayden Amsterdam, Henry Ghost, Manley Hamilton, Yves St Piers
Swimming towards the light,
A moving post, it’s false hope.
Losing against the force of the riptide.
I can’t breathe, but I... I must keep going,
‘Cuz I know you’re waiting.

How do I, how do I know,
I’m heading where you are?
I can’t control the tide.
How do I, how do I know,
That I have reached your shore?
How can, how can I be sure?

Performance Summary: Similarly to a few of the performances tonight, this song was mellow and the staging would be quite dark. Samuel starts off backstage with dancers trying to pull him back as he starts. Finally, as we move into the second half of the first verse, he manages to break free and runs onto the next stage. The scenery is pretty much black with a single streetlamp shining a light on where he was. Other dancers were passing him wearing dark cloaks/coats (compared to his white attire), with the chorus being a time when they would run and circle around him with a motion blur effect being used on the cameras to make the scenery a lot more dramatic and chaotic.

There was a moment of silence as the camera slowly moved outwards, the audience seemed taken back by his performance. After a while, there was a huge cheer for Sam.

Jordan Bassett: Amazing performance, wow! That struck a nerve, didn't it?! Right, it's the final song of the night! Thomas Barker, James Dean, Benjamin McAdams, Jayden Crossbow have written the song "Leap of Faith" for returning grand finalist, Zoe Wilkinson! Will she qualify directly this time around? Let's see..

**POSTCARD - Zoe Wilkinson**

Jordan Bassett: Mehlodhi numéro eoghv, "Leap of Faith" schantués Zoe Wilkinson

Zoe Wikinson - Leap of Faith
Tune: Nova Miller - Turn Up The Fire
Music: Jake Apollo, Georgie Allans, Geraldine Foster
Lyrics: Tisha Fiona, Zoe Wilkinson, Geraldine Foster, Kristiana Totem
Starting at 01:37
Skin-to-skin, hairs standing on end,
Hearts aligned, syncopated in beats, hey!
(Take the leap of faith)

Come dance in the ring of fire with me,
(Take the leap of faith)
It’s just you and I, under the starlit sky.
(Take the leap of faith)
No time to sleep, there ain’t no time for doubt,
(Take the leap of faith)
The night’s still young, no, you can’t leave now,
Take the leap of faith.

Performance Summary: The performance had Zoe Wilkinson standing on the in a flowy, almost tribal costume. She was standing in a ring of fire, just like what she sings about in her song. The fire would gain intensity each time we went into the song. The stage fans were adding to the fun and madness with the women dancing to the song around the circle. During the final chorus, Zoe stepped out of the ring of fire and started singing with force at the edge of the stage with the girls coming to flank her. The women all stook strong poses as they finished the performance at the end.

Jordan Bassett: And that was the final performance! Brilliant perform from Zoe and you don't have long left to vote! Here's your review of all of the performances tonight.

Due to the recent introduction of the televoting and jury split the edition after the last VM winner was sent, Vha Mehlodhivestoile has had to adapt to this. Thus, the way we vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile will change. The votes will be added to a Britonish Jury and Televote. Please read the information below to make sure that you are voting correctly.

While we cannot tell you in what way you should vote, we recommend using the televote to judge the song and the jury for the lyrics and staging summary.

There are 8 (eight) songs competing in Semi-Final Two of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.

There are now two ways that you must vote in Vha Mehlodhivestoile. You must provide a Jury vote and Televote using the form below.
  • Jury Vote: Please place the entry that you like the most in 1st position, your 2nd favourite entry in 2nd position and so on so forth until you get to your last entry. The scores will be converted into 12-10-7-5-3-2-1-0 and the percentage will make up the Jury score.
  • Televote: The televote is your score out of 10 for each entry. Your overall score cannot exceed 64 or be lower than 20. This means that you cannot give every entry 10/10 as that would equal 80 points or give everyone 1/10 as that would equal 8.

You must also give a score out of 10 to Lukas Guerin's "Let Me Go". This score will not be added to the total that you've given to the competing Semi-Final songs (ie if you've given 62 points to the eight competing songs, you can still give 10 to Aria as her points will not affect the Semi-Final points distribution). Below, you can find out all the information and a code to make it easy for you to vote.

QUICK INFORMATION
A user is allowed to vote up to 1 (one) time in the Pre-Qualifiers for Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021.
While the deadline to vote is 26th March 22:00 GMT, but the host has the right to close the lines earlier or if 8 nations have voted.

The form is below...

This is the form you need to complete. Please post your votes on this thread, below the interval act.

Code: Select all
[b][u]VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL TWO[/u][/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]

[PLEASE DELETE]A quick summary of the form: In between the [X] brackets, please put your televote score out of 10. The overall televote score between all 10 entries must be between 30 and 64. In between the [Entry] brackets, please put the name or number of the song you are voting for![/DELETE]

[i]Main vote:[/i]
[X] [b]1st -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]2nd -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]3rd -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]4th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]5th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]6th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]7th -[/b] [Entry]
[X] [b]8th -[/b] [Entry]

[b]My overall televote score is between 20-64:[/b] [] Yes

---

Please can you rate Lukas' song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

[i]Rank automatic qualifier:[/i]
Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [X]/10

Please post your votes below, underneath the interval act!

Britonisea
Powerbroker

BVC | Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 | Interval Act

Postby Britonisea » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:05 pm

Continued coverage of Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021. LIVE from Boscombard, Britonisea with your hosts Lucie Dagenham and Jordan Bassett, with Matt Evans in the Greenroom.

After the recap finished being performed, we went to the Greenroom where Matt Evans was standing, smiling at the camera and waiting for his cue to speak. As the Greenroom was in the arena, but off to the side, in the shot, you could still see some people trying their hardest to get into the shot as proof that they were on the show to their family. After a while, Matt began to speak...
Matt Evans: Welcome to the Greenroom everyone! We are going to have a little chat to a couple of those who just performed their song. Tonight has been absolutely fantastic and exciting - who's going to qualify? Let me know on my YouTube channel's description or on Twitter using the hashtag #VM2021. Right okay, shall we say hello to a couple of the acts? Let's go over to ELLA! Hello there!

Matt Evans walked over to ELLA who was sitting with his delegation, extending his microphone and placing it in front of Elias' mouth so that he could answer the question.
ELLA: Hello there, Matt! How are you?

Matt Evans: I am doing fantastic but I'm not the one who made their Vha Mehlodhivestoile debut! Tell me how you feel after your performance!

ELLA: D'ya know what? I am really proud of my performance - I thought I did a pretty good job and regardless of how the result turns out...I can walk away happy.

Matt Evans: Awww, well keep the optimism up. I am sure you'll do a banging job! I wish you luck.

Matt Evans walked up to Antonio Ambrose. He smiled and stood up as Matt approached.
Matt Evans: Hello Antonio, I haven't seen you in ages!

Antonio Ambrose: You're right - we haven't seen each other in quite some time.

Matt Evans: Antonio is a good friend of mine, you've participated before - what's the difference then and now?

Antonio Ambrose: I don't think that there is in terms of Vha Mehlodhivestoile...but...I do think that this edition I'm sending a song that I'm more comfortable with so hopefully...that does me justice!

Matt Evans: Indeed. Good luck Antonio.

Matt started walking to another area in the Greenroom before he turns and looks at the camera.
Matt Evans: Well, if you would like more exclusives from the Greenroom, make sure to check out my YouTube channel, Matt Evans which is a constant live stream! We will also be uploading more videos to the BVC Vha Mehlodhivestoile page. I can also announce that... voting in Vha Mehlodhivestoile 2021 - Semi-Final two has CLOSED! Put down your phones, Britonisea! We will now make sure that all of our votes are correct, we will head back to the main stage where our hosts for the evening will tell us what's next on the agenda!

Matt Evans smiled at the camera before an ident showed up on the screen. We were then joined by the two main hosts of tonight, Jordan and Lucie.
Jordan Bassett: Very scary moments - I cannot wait to find out the results of the Semi-Final, what about you?

Lucie Dagenham: Oh no, me neither! But in order to calm our nerves, let's have some more music! Qualifying to the Battle Stage this year are two international acts and two Britonish ones. Performing in Semi-Final 1 and 2 are the Britonish ones and we will see who they go against in the Battle Stage also by replaying their Pre-Qualifier performance. The International act doesn't yet know if they've qualified so that will be a fun zoom call!

Jordan Bassett: Though, let's Lukas Guerin to the stage. He will be performing "Let Me Go" now and will again during the Battle Stage. Right, enough of me speaking - say hello to Aria!

Battle Stage Qualifier
LUKAS GUERIN - LET ME GO

Tune: Fall Out Boy - THE PHOENIX
starting from 01:59
Let me go, come let me free
Let me be who I wanna be.
Don't wanna be your puppet no more,
This is the end, walk out the door

Getting deep, deep inside of my mind,
Want to get you out, want you out of my life
Don't wanna be your puppet no more,
This is the end, walk out the door

After that performance, there was a huge cheer in the arena for Lukas as the hosts joined him on the stage.
Lucie Dagenham: That was such a high energy performance - how do you feel aye?

Lukas Guerin: Awww, thank you! I feel so good really. I'm pumped.

Jordan Bassett: I'm happy you're happy! What would it mean to you to get to the Final?

Lukas Guerin: It would mean the world to me honestly, wow, it'd be great - performing in Aloquirbe in front of the whole nation, the whole world.

Lucie Dagenham: Well, it's time to find out who you'll be versing....

Lukas Guerin: Let's go!

Jordan Bassett: Roll the VT...

As Jordan said that, the stage faded to black alongside the camera cutting to the VT which was of one of the winners of the Battle Stage... Congratulations to...

...more to come after the votes...

Plangainer
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Plangainerian Votes

Postby Plangainer » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:08 pm

VHA MEHLODHIVESTOILE 2021: SEMI-FINAL TWO
Nation Name: Plangainer

Main vote:
[8/10] 1st - TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser
[7/10] 2nd - Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
[6/10] 3rd - Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA
[6/10] 4th - Zoe Wilkinson - Leap of Faith
[6/10] 5th - Xavier Benchek - Demons
[6/10] 6th - Samuel Garrison - Riptide
[5/10] 7th - ELLA - Facile
[5/10] 8th - Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [49 - ✓] Yes

---

Please can you rate Lukas' song out of 10. This score will not be added to the total above as it is completely separate.

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [5]/10
Last edited by Plangainer on Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
WV98: Achieved 15th Place
WV99: Achieved 9th Place (Top 10)
WV103: Achieved 6th Place (Top 10)
WV104: Achieved 3rd Place (Podium)
WV106: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)
WV108: Achieved 10th Place (Top 10)
WV111: Achieved 4th Place (Top 5)

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:25 pm

Nation Name: Polkopia

Main vote:
[9] 1st - Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
[8] 2nd - ELLA - Facile
[8] 3rd - TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser
[7] 4th - Xavier Benchek - Demons
[4] 5th - Zoe Wikinson - Leap of Faith
[4] 6th - Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA
[3] 7th - Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing
[1] 8th - Samuel Garrison - Riptide

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [✓] Yes

---

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: 3/10
Last edited by Polkopia on Tue Mar 30, 2021 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:45 pm

Nation Name: Tödlichebujoku

Main vote:
[10] 1st - Riptide
[9] 2nd - Demons
[8] 3rd - Pointe-Ouiser
[6] 4th - Keep On Dancing
[6] 5th - RATATATA (No Digadee)
[5] 6th - Leap Of Faith
[4] 7th - Facile
[3] 8th - Sticks and Stones

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [x] Yes

---

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [7]/10
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Carrelie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2018

Postby Carrelie » Sat Mar 27, 2021 3:12 pm

Nation Name: Carrelie

Main vote:
[9/10] 1st - ELLA - Facile
[8/10] 2nd - Mello Cinde - Sticks and Stones
[7/10] 3rd - Zoe Wilkinson - Leap of Faith
[6/10] 4th - TOULOUSE - Pointe-Ouiser
[6/10] 5th - Xavier Benchek - Demons
[5/10] 6th - Samuel Garrison - Riptide
[4/10] 7th - Antonio Ambrose - Keep on Dancing
[1/10] 8th - Unhinged Renegades - RATATATA

My overall televote score is between 20-64: [✓] Yes

---

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: 1/10
Last edited by Carrelie on Sun Mar 28, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
✿ Carrelian Confederation ✿
NS Stats not canon

Member of WMCA
WaisnorMalta Comino GozoCarrelieAlezian UnionAchaean RepublicUthossia
Caribou Island (Moorland) & Aenglide are also there.
Ignore literally every vaguely political post I made pre-2022 my views and understandings have changed significantly :)

Kalosia
Minister

Founded: Jan 09, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kalosia » Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:38 am

Nation Name: Kalosia

Main vote:
[10] 1st - Keep on Dancing
[9] 2nd - RATATATA
[8] 3rd - Demons
[8] 4th - Pointe-Ouiser
[7] 5th - Facile
[7] 6th - Leap of Faith
[4] 7th - Riptide
[3] 8th - Sticks and Stones

---

Score Lukas' "Let Me Go" out of 10: [9]/10
Last edited by Kalosia on Wed Mar 31, 2021 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates