NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Promotion Of Better Mental Health Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

[DRAFT] Promotion Of Better Mental Health Act

Postby Westarctic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 9:54 am

OOC:

Good Morning Everyone, this one is in its eighth form. As always, comments are appreciated (and encouraged). Would especially appreciate thoughts on category & strength.

Thanks, Westarctic

Promotion Of Better Mental Health

Showing time and time again that having bad mental health, and leaving it go untreated, can cause problems on both a personal and communal scale.

Recognizing the legitimacy of mental health patients and their problem's.

Hereby:

1. Defines:

1.1 Mental health as the mental status of a sapient being

1.2. Rehabilitation center as a center for treatment of a serious problem (in this case, for treating mental disorders)

1.3. And a mental disorder as a condition that arises in a person that causes impairment to an aspect/s of ones mental functioning, which can have the potential to lead to more serious things (such as bodily harm, self-hate, suicide, etc.).

2. Enacts new changes on a local level to the way that governments handle people with mental-disorders, including:

2.1. Regulating and ensuring that rehabilitation center operators run their facilities properly and efficiently by:

2.1.1. Having regular inspections done on rehabilitation centers by social service workers from the local governments that the rehabilitation centers are located in for maintenance and security reasons, by overseeing and controlling any possible safety violations, mistreatment of patients, etc. The standards for the rehabilitation centers can be set by the national governments and carried out by the local governments of that nation.

2.1.2. Ensuring that said rehabilitation centers can successfully rehabilitate a person with any mental-disorder that they take in, in an orderly and timely manner, while also being able to assume responsibility if they fail to do so.

2.2. Starting early with spotting symptoms of mental-disorders by having schools (primary to high) make sure that school counselors are available and ready to be able to help any child that needs to talk about their problems. Doing this could help eliminate preventable mental-disorders in the future and guarantees that students would have someone to talk to.

2.3. Offering pharmaceutical companies incentives (such as monetary incentives from the WA nation in question) for providing newer, better, and safer medicines and treatments for these mental-disorders.

2.4. Ensuring that businesses provide mental-health services, such as coverage for therapy or counseling with their health benefits for their employees, to help cut down on the rising suicide rate attributed to work-related issues.
Last edited by Westarctic on Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:46 am, edited 9 times in total.
“You don’t have time to think up there. If you think, you’re dead.” — Maverick

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:17 am

Why did you not draft this proposal first? I don't see why I should waste my time on helping an author to draft a proposal that apparently does not need drafting.
Last edited by Tinhampton on Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Astrobolt
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Astrobolt » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:22 am

OOC: I would strongly recommend that you unsubmit your draft, so that others can give you feedback. We can't really give feedback on a submitted proposal.
Delegate of the 10000 Islands
Ambassador to the WA: Mr. Reede Tappe

TITO Tactical Officer

For a detailed list of positions, and other things of note, click here.

The Land Of Wendy
Civilian

Founded: Mar 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

help us help you

Postby The Land Of Wendy » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:25 am

We’re all mental cases. Your crazy, she’s crazy, he’s insane. More nuts?? :rofl: ............naked day is fun!

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:00 am

Astrobolt wrote:OOC: I would strongly recommend that you unsubmit your draft, so that others can give you feedback. We can't really give feedback on a submitted proposal.

I guess more for future reference, than for this one. If it doesn't make it, Ill edit it to better standards using y'all's feedback on this one.

Denathor
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Denathor » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:47 pm

IC: Callahan stumbles into the drafting room and takes a copy of the proposal.
"Well, I’m a bit out of practice on this, but let’s see what I remember."

OOC:
Showing after time and time again

Remove the word "after."
hereby passes the BMH bill (Better Mental Health Bill).

You have two instances of this phrase, at the end of the preamble and at the end of the operative clauses. While not technically illegal, I’d still recommend deletion.
Defines... rehab as a center for treatment of a serious problem
(in this case, mental problems)

First, you should probably use the full term "rehabilitation centers" rather than the shorthand. Second, what is a "mental problem" defined as? You define "mental disorder" later, is that the same thing?
Regulating and ensuring that rehab centers operate properly and efficiently

How? And by whom?
Starting early with spotting early symptoms of mental-disorders such as inside of schools, homes, and other places of care by encouraging people to be on the lookout for children or teens showing signs of problems such as depression, BPD, and others.

Again, by whom? "People" isn’t specific enough.

I’d strongly recommend pulling this and redrafting it. Speaking as a delegate, there’s no way I’d approve it in this condition.
Last edited by Denathor on Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Sir Lucas Callahan
Deputy Ambassador to the World Assembly: Randal Atkinson
Undersecretary to the Ambassador: Thomas Morgan

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:42 pm

Denathor wrote:IC: Callahan stumbles into the drafting room and takes a copy of the proposal.
"Well, I’m a bit out of practice on this, but let’s see what I remember."

OOC:
Showing after time and time again

Remove the word "after."
hereby passes the BMH bill (Better Mental Health Bill).

You have two instances of this phrase, at the end of the preamble and at the end of the operative clauses. While not technically illegal, I’d still recommend deletion.
Defines... rehab as a center for treatment of a serious problem
(in this case, mental problems)

First, you should probably use the full term "rehabilitation centers" rather than the shorthand. Second, what is a "mental problem" defined as? You define "mental disorder" later, is that the same thing?
Regulating and ensuring that rehab centers operate properly and efficiently

How? And by whom?
Starting early with spotting early symptoms of mental-disorders such as inside of schools, homes, and other places of care by encouraging people to be on the lookout for children or teens showing signs of problems such as depression, BPD, and others.

Again, by whom? "People" isn’t specific enough.

I’d strongly recommend pulling this and redrafting it. Speaking as a delegate, there’s no way I’d approve it in this condition.

thanks, i appreciate the advice. I fixed it all up according to what you told me, added some new parts to the proposal, and I will be keeping it as a draft, until everyone seems to be happy with the draft. Thanks!

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

[SUBMISSION] Promotion Of Better Mental Health

Postby Westarctic » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:45 pm

OOC:

Good Evening Everyone, this proposal has been submitted. Thank you all for the advice, I considered and applied all of it to my draft. Below, is the draft submitted to the WA.

Thanks, Westarctic

Understanding that good mental health of a nations citizens is key to upholding a fair and prosperous society, and for maintaining the well-being of its citizens.

Showing time and time again that having bad mental health, and leaving it go untreated, can cause problems on both a personal and communal scale.

Hereby:

1. Defines mental health as the mental status of a sapient being, rehabilitation center as a center for treatment of a serious problem (in this case, for treating mental disorders), and mental disorder as a condition that arises in a person that causes impairment to an aspect/s of ones mental functioning, which can have the potential to lead to more serious things (such as bodily harm, self-hate, suicide, etc.).

2. Enacts new changes on a local level to the way that governments handle people with mental-disorders, including:

2.1. Regulating and ensuring that rehabilitation center operators run their facilities properly and efficiently by:

2.1.1. Having regular inspections done on rehabilitation centers by social service workers from the local government that the rehabilitation centers are located in for maintenance and security reasons, by overseeing and controlling any possible safety violations, mistreatment of patients, etc.

2.1.2 Ensuring that said rehabilitation centers can successfully rehabilitate a person with any mental-disorder that they take in, in an orderly and timely manner, while also being able to assume responsibility if they fail to do so, if not an extremely severe case. If so, the rehabilitation centers should consult with close family members of the specific patient in question about the best course of action for the patient. Whether or not they want the patient to be taken out, is their decision and their decision only. As long as the patient in question poses no threat to society, rehabilitation will not be necessary, but only encouraged by social service workers. This will be determined by a trained psychologist. If it is decided that the person is unfit and unable to function even with medication, therapy, and/or rehabilitation, they (with the families permission) will be held indefinitely until deemed fit to be released.

2.2. Starting early with spotting symptoms of mental-disorders by having schools (primary to high) make sure that school counselors are available and ready to be able to help any child that needs to talk about their problems. Doing this could help eliminate preventable mental-disorders in the future and guarantees that students would have someone to talk to.

2.3. Offering pharmaceutical companies incentives (such as monetary incentives from the WA nation in question) for providing newer, better, and safer medicines and treatments for these mental-disorders.

2.4. Ensuring that businesses provide mental-health services, such as coverage for therapy or counseling with their health benefits for their employees, to help cut down on the rising suicide rate attributed to work-related issues.

2.5. Requiring noted people with severe mental disorders that pose significant risk to others to be sent to a psychological rehabilitation center for a certain period of time to ensure that the said citizen gets better, and can therefore go back to contributing to society, their own family (if applicable), and other important priorities of said citizen. If not severe, it would still be recommend by social service workers to see a psychologist or attend therapy. However, it would not be required.

Coauthored by tinhampton
Last edited by Westarctic on Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:47 pm

It kinda seems unnecessary to have a second thread for your proposal when you can just merge it into your first one.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Thu Mar 18, 2021 10:01 pm

It's been a while since I've seen a proposal I haven't found fit to unilaterally rewrite buuuuuuuuut
Westarctic wrote:Good Evening Everyone, this one is in its second form. As always, comments are appreciated (and encouraged) and you're getting them from me, Tinhampton. Would especially appreciate thoughts on category & strength.

Thanks, Westarctic

"Understanding that good mental health of a nation's citizens is key to upholding a fair and prosperous society, and for maintaining the well-being of its citizens.

Recognizing the legitimacy of mental health patients By forcibly rehabilitating them? :roll: and their problems, hereby passes the BMH Bill (Better Mental Health Bill) I'd take this out - explaining or using abbreviations that you never use again is a bad idea; taking such abbreviations to be the title of your proposal in the body of your text while the title of your actual proposal is completely different is a Very Bad Idea.

Hereby:

1. Defines mental health as the mental status of a human being Non-human sapient species exist in the WA and quite likely also have mental health, rehabilitation center as a center for treatment of a serious problem (in this case, mental disorders) Do you mean for "rehabilitation centers" to treat all "serious problem[s]" or only "mental disorders?" Never use many words when few words would both be more concise and less confusing, and mental disorder as a condition that arises in a person that causes mental illness What is "mental illness?", which can lead to more serious things (bodily harm, self-hate, suicide Firstly, do you intend for the category of "more serious things" to contain only the acts of "bodily harm, self-hate [and] suicide?" Secondly, there are many mental disorders which do not necessarily lead to these "more serious things;" do you seek to include all "mental illnesses" that "can lead to more serious things" under this definition?).

2. Enacts new changes On what level - the international, the national, the local, or some other governing body? to the way that governments handle people with mental-problems Here and below, you are extremely inconsistent in whether you refer to "mental disorders" or "mental problems," with or without a separating hyphen in lieu of the space, including:

2.1. Regulating and ensuring that rehabilitation center operaters operators run their facilities properly and efficiently by:

2.1.1. Having regular inspections done on rehabilitation centers for maintenance and security reasons And what aspects of a rehab centre will be looked into at these inspections?.

2.1.2 Ensuring that said rehabilitation centers can successfully have rehabilitated successfully rehabilitate a person with a What is with all of these line breaks everywhere? Is this the new craze among first-time drafters now?
mental disorder in an orderly and timely manner, while also being able to assume responsibility For what, and how? if they
fail to do so, if not an extremely severe case Will "extremely severe case[s]" be detained in "rehabilitation centers" indefinitely as per Article 2.5?.

2.2. Starting early with spotting early symptoms You use the word "early" twice in the first five words of this clause. You are writing a resolution, not a speech, here. of mental-disorders such as inside of schools, homes, and other
places of care "schools, homes and other places of care" are locations, not "mental-disorders" by encouraging parental figures, teachers, guardians, or other people of interest to said child to be on
the lookout for children or teens showing signs of problems Conversely, these are "mental-disorders" and not absolutely "problems" such as depression, BPD, and others.

2.3. Keeping up to date with the latest medical advancements by offering pharmaceutical companies incentives for
providing new and better Better for whom? medicines and treatments for these diseases Requiring whoever's supposed to be doing the enacting at the start of Article 2 to "[keep] up to date with the latest medical advancements" by incentivising "new... medicines and treatments" - that is, "the latest medical advancements" which have thus not yet been made - is paradoxical at best.

2.4. Ensuring that businesses provide mental-health services Such as what? for their employees to help cut down on the a rising
suicide rate attributed to work-related issues.

2.5. Requiring noted people with mental disorders to be sent to a psychological rehabilitation center How does this not contradict Article 1d of GA#540 "Supporting People with Disabilities" and why is this being imposed on all "noted people with mental disorders," no matter how mild? for a certain
period of time to ensure that the said citizen gets better It is possible to "[get] better" as such without having to be institutionally rehabilitated, and can therefore go back to contributing to society, their
own family (if applicable), and other important priorities of said citizen."
The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:28 am

Good Evening Everyone, this one is in its third form. As always, comments are appreciated (and encouraged). Would especially appreciate thoughts on category & strength.

Thanks, Westarctic

Understanding that good mental health of a nations citizens is key to upholding a fair and prosperous society, and for maintaining the well-being of its citizens.

Hereby:

1. Defines mental health as the mental status of an organism (in this case, a human being), rehabilitation center as a center for treatment of a serious problem (in this case, for treating mental disorders), and mental disorder as a condition that arises in a person that causes impairment to an aspect/s of ones mental functioning, which can have the potential to lead to more serious things (such as bodily harm, self-hate, suicide, etc.).

2.1.1. Having regular inspections done on rehabilitation centers for maintenance and security reasons, by overseeing and controlling any possible safety violations, mistreatment of patients, etc.

2.1.2 Ensuring that said rehabilitation centers can successfully rehabilitate a person with any mental-disorder in an orderly and timely manner, while also being able to assume responsibility if they fail to do so, if not an extremely severe case. If so, the rehabilitation centers should consult with close family members of the specific patient in question about the best course of action for the patient. Whether or not they want the patient to be taken out, is their decision and their decision only. As long as the patient in question poses no threat to society and is able to make decisions on their own without any assistance from others. This will be determined by a trained psychologist. If it is decided that the person is unfit and unable to function even with medication, therapy, and/or rehabilitation, they (with the families permission) will be held indefinitely until deemed fit to be released.

2.2. Starting early with spotting symptoms of mental-disorders such as by encouraging parental figures, teachers, guardians, or other people of interest to said child to be on the lookout for children or teens showing signs of mental-disorders such as depression, BPD, and others.

2.3. Offering pharmaceutical companies incentives for providing newer, better, and safer medicines and treatments for these mental-disorders.

2.4. Ensuring that businesses provide mental-health services such as coverage for therapy or counseling with their health benefits, for their employees to help cut down on the rising suicide rate attributed to work-related issues.

2.5. Requiring noted people with severe mental disorders (such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder) to be sent to a psychological rehabilitation center for a certain period of time to ensure that the said citizen gets better, and can therefore go back to contributing to society, their own family (if applicable), and other important priorities of said citizen. If not severe, it would still be recommend by social service workers to see a psychologist or attend therapy. However, it would not be required.

Ardiveds
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ardiveds » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:44 am

OOC: In order to avoid confusion, I suggest keeping the the latest draft in the original post. Also, if you want to keep older drafts, perhaps spolier then like:
draft 1

draft 2

I do recommend keeping your latest draft unspoilered so that it's the first thing people see.
If the ambassador acts like an ambassador, it's probably Delegate Arthur.
If he acts like an edgy teen, it's probably definitely Delegate Jim.... it's always Jim

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:46 am

Ardiveds wrote:OOC: In order to avoid confusion, I suggest keeping the the latest draft in the original post. Also, if you want to keep older drafts, perhaps spolier then like:
draft 1

draft 2

I do recommend keeping your latest draft unspoilered so that it's the first thing people see.

thanks

Denathor
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 22, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Denathor » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:31 am

A general quibble about clause 1: you use the term "mental disorder" before defining it. I’d change that.
Defines mental health as the mental status of an organism (in this case, a human being)

No, I don’t like this because it’s somehow too broad and too narrow. I’d recommend replacing it with "the mental status of a sapient being," and remove any mention of humans.
Having regular inspections done on rehabilitation centers

By whom? A WA body? The member nation's themselves?

Articles 2.2, 2.3 and 2.4 don’t really do anything. "Encouraging" means 2.2 is not binding, you don’t specify how incentives would be offered in 2.3 (does the WA pay for them?), and there’s no details given on how this would make employers provide mental health services. You can’t just wave a magic wand and make these things happen.

Requiring noted people with severe mental disorders (such as schizophrenia or bipolar disorder) to be sent to a psychological rehabilitation center

As noted, a contradiction of GA Resolution #540, specifically article 2d. This makes this draft automatically illegal.
Ambassador to the World Assembly: Sir Lucas Callahan
Deputy Ambassador to the World Assembly: Randal Atkinson
Undersecretary to the Ambassador: Thomas Morgan

Groot
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Groot » Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:44 pm

Westarctic wrote:1. Defines mental health as the mental status of a human being

"I am Groot," says Groot, pointing out that he is, indeed, not a human being.
-- Ambassador Groot, Groot ambassador.

Imperium Anglorum
GA Secretariat

Founded: Aug 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Imperium Anglorum » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:18 am

Denathor wrote:As noted, a contradiction of GA Resolution #540, specifically article 2d. This makes this draft automatically illegal.

(Also to the OP.) I think that resolution should be repealed due to that clause and would support a draft with appropriate argumentation.

Author: 1 SC and 56+ GA resolutions
Maintainer: GA Passed Resolutions
Developer: Communiqué and InfoEurope
GenSec (24 Dec 2021 –); posts not official unless so indicated
Delegate for Europe
Elsie Mortimer Wellesley
Ideological Bulwark 285, WALL delegate
Twice-commended toxic villainous globalist kittehs

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:19 am

Marie vyn Nysen takes a look at all the non-human beings that walk the halls of the World Assembly, and raises her eyebrows. "Dear Ambassador from Westarctic, I strongly recommend you excise the line 'in this case, a human being' from your proposal. It would be rude to only take human beings into consideration, or somehow elevate them above other species, when we have such a diverse body of sapient beings around us."
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:43 pm

Daarwyrth wrote:Marie vyn Nysen takes a look at all the non-human beings that walk the halls of the World Assembly, and raises her eyebrows. "Dear Ambassador from Westarctic, I strongly recommend you excise the line 'in this case, a human being' from your proposal. It would be rude to only take human beings into consideration, or somehow elevate them above other species, when we have such a diverse body of sapient beings around us."

I'll pass. This was really only intended towards humans. Not animals. Besides, this isn't a role-play board.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:04 pm

Westarctic wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Marie vyn Nysen takes a look at all the non-human beings that walk the halls of the World Assembly, and raises her eyebrows. "Dear Ambassador from Westarctic, I strongly recommend you excise the line 'in this case, a human being' from your proposal. It would be rude to only take human beings into consideration, or somehow elevate them above other species, when we have such a diverse body of sapient beings around us."

I'll pass. This was really only intended towards humans. Not animals. Besides, this isn't a role-play board.

OOC: Then I guess you are quite new to the WA and that you haven't heard of World Assembly RP yet. Both the GA and SC sub-forums are very much intended to be In-Character, as well. Also, I am not talking about animals. I am talking about the fact that there are many nations in the WA that aren't populated by human beings, but either by alien species or different races altogether (like elves, or dwarves). They are also a part of the WA, they are also affected by WA proposals. As such, you'll be excluding a part of the WA if you only refer to humans, which will not be appreciated by those nations. And trust me, there are delegates among them with lots of votes. I suggest that you look to GA resolutions that have already been passed, to get a feel for the neutral language that would be appropriate to use. Also, it would be a good idea for you to also look at the rules and advice threads on how to write GA proposals.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 10 times in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:45 pm

Alright, I'll change it. But roleplay is pretty weird to me, if I'm being honest, and I'd hope you'd respect that by not doing that on my thread. Thanks

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:45 pm

Westarctic wrote:Alright, I'll change it. But roleplay is pretty weird to me, if I'm being honest, and I'd hope you'd respect that by not doing that on my thread. Thanks

You have the right to make that request, albeit I'd suggest you put "please no RP" or something along those lines in your original post, as most people here do respond to proposals through RP/while In-Character. That way they'll know to respond to you out-of-character. That won't be a guarantee people will listen though, so you will have to expect that others will respond to you through RP.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:20 pm

Westarctic wrote:Alright, I'll change it. But roleplay is pretty weird to me, if I'm being honest, and I'd hope you'd respect that by not doing that on my thread. Thanks

Ambassador McCooley looks bemused. "What an absurd request. Stop speaking? Of course not."
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Araraukar
Post Marshal

Founded: May 14, 2007
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Araraukar » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:14 pm

OOC: You've come into ENTIRELY wrong forum, then, as the GA forum is an in-character forum. Mark your posts with "OOC" if you're not roleplaying, as otherwise people will assume you're an in-character representative talking for your imaginary nation.
- ambassador miss Janis Leveret
Araraukar's RP reality is Modern Tech solarpunk. In IC in the WA.
Giovenith wrote:And sorry hun, if you were looking for a forum site where nobody argued, you've come to wrong one.
Apologies for absences, non-COVID health issues leave me with very little energy at times.

Westarctic
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Westarctic » Sat Mar 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Araraukar wrote:

OOC: You've come into ENTIRELY wrong forum, then, as the GA forum is an in-character forum. Mark your posts with "OOC" if you're not roleplaying, as otherwise people will assume you're an in-character representative talking for your imaginary nation.

thanks

Bananaistan
Senator

Founded: Apr 20, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Bananaistan » Sun Mar 21, 2021 1:56 am

OOC: The point about GAR#540, 2d has not been addressed. This is illegal for contradiction.
Delegation of the People's Republic of Bananaistan to the World Assembly
Head of delegation and the Permanent Representative: Comrade Ambassador Theodorus "Ted" Hornwood
General Assistant and Head of Security: Comrade Watchman Brian of Tarth
There was the Pope and John F. Kennedy and Jack Charlton and the three of them were staring me in the face.
Ideological Bulwark #281
THIS

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General Assembly