NATION

PASSWORD

Tupiocan Royal Ball (Greater Dienstad)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Tupioca
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Tupiocan Royal Ball (Greater Dienstad)

Postby Tupioca » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:33 pm

King Harold looked up at his mistress with a wide smile stretching from ear to ear. Snapping a finger at her which got her attention and a curious expression in return.

"I'm going to hold a ball, in honor of the brace soldiers who fought and died nearly a decade ago so that I may become king. Or at least that is the excuse I will have to throw this ball. I shall also invite the diplomats and leaders of all the nations in Greater Dienstad as a gesture of good will." he exclaimed throwing his arms wide in an exaggerated motion. The woman shook her head and went back to fixing up her make up.

"You always throw something your grace, whether its a hunting trip for the nobility or a banquet for one of your famed battalions. You threw a birthday party just last week for that rather perverted company commander. Wanted burlesque dancers...what a lewd man. Make sure you keep any all perversions away from this ball your majesty." Harold chuckled as she finished up and headed for the door to leave.

"Will you be my lady? To show you off to all the faces of the world at this extravegent ball my lady?" he blew her a kiss as she scoffed and left the room. Such a foxy mistress who would surely not pass up the opportunity to be shown on the arm of the King. He lay in the bed for a moment as he smoked his cigarillo thinking of how the invite should be worded.

"Simple and straight to the point. Then we shall have it mailed proper to everyone. How hard could it be to invite world leaders and foreign diplomats." jumping out of bed and poking his head out of his bedroom door yelling for a servant who quickly appeared.

"Pen and paper have you? Write down what I say and then have it typed up and printed on the most elegant parchment then sent to all heads of state in the G.D" the servant scrambled for pen and paper as the King began speaking. After some brief moments and hastily scribbled words the invite was finished then taken to the royal scribe to be properly formed and printed.

AN INVITIATION OF THE MOST ROYAL KIND

To the most honorable sir or madam,

I, King Harold of the Grand Kingdom of Tupioca, invite thee to attend the finest of balls in the Royal Capitol of Midat. You may have an entourage of no more than five persons per guest. All lodging will be provided for at the Royal Palace or the finest of hotels in Midat equal to that of the particular standing of the attendee(s). Food and drink will also be provided; a fine ten course meal before the ballroom dancing shall commence. All many of drink from artesian water to the hardest of Tupiocan liqour. I look forward to meeting and dancing with most of you.

Sincerely and Cordially,
King Harold Seram, King of Tupioca, Duke of Midat, and Baron of Turenbourg

Greal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 23, 2007
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Greal » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:58 pm

Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Sublevel 2
Sasha, Greal

A foreign affairs ministry staffer walked into an office and gestured for his boss's attention while holding a paper telegram.

"What is it Ingram?" David Miller looked up from his paperwork. His desk was a zoo of telegrams and paperwork, as well as various mementos, several empty glasses, an empty portrait, and a jumbled mess of cardboard boxes on the side.

Ingram handed the paper over, "It's a royal invitation from Tupioca." At Miller's puzzled look Ingram felt compelled to add, "It's in our region sir."

Miller felt a brief flash of annoyance, he hated being caught without any knowledge of anything so he merely deferred to Ingram who actually looked like he might have taken the time to look up the nation. "Oh? I suppose you're proposing we send someone there?" Miller now looked thoughtful, "What information do you have?"

"Well, last year total trade value between our two nations is somewhere around 15 million NSD." He wasn't even sure if that 15 million figure was accurate. When he saw Miller's face looking bemused, Ingram explained, "We don't seem to maintain much in the way of any relations with this nation. I'm not even sure the GIA has a functioning desk on it." The GIA which was Greal's Intelligence Agency was responsible for helping the foreign ministry by providing behind the scenes information and other useful services, but the agency was more focused on nations in the western part of Greater Dienstad that actually posed a threat to Greal, which was not helped by the factional byzantine struggles across various departments.

Miller looked almost pleased. "We can actually do some diplomacy without those bloodsuckers behind us? Let me savor this moment for two seconds." Miller let out a breath then looked up directly at Ingram and said, "Well today's your lucky day. I'll send this up in the daily briefing to the Boss." The ultimate boss of Greal was the President, but Ingram knew the person who Miller was referring to was Foreign Minister Patrick Harrington, who's word was law in these buildings.

Ingram tried not to look pleased at this, "Who do you think will get sent?"

Miller looked thoughtful once more, "Well Stensen's on a junket in Mokastana, Small Ralph is on vacation in Morrdh over family" Ingram's eyebrows twitched at the nickname but nothing else, "We'll probably send Thomsen." Miller finished smoothly. Foreign Vice Minister Thomsen, formerly in the army before he lost two fingers in a brief firefight in Grunt, was a decent enough choice. He was blunt but was a straight talker that any nation would appreciate. Tupioca would be an interesting test of his abilities. Minister Harrington was rumored to be stepping down in the cabinet reshuffle the following year so Thomsen might like a foreign trip to help his credentials.

"Do we have anybody in the country?"

Ingram glanced at his phone, "Yes, we have a small diplomatic office in their capitol. Run by Robert Logaz."

"Alright inform Logaz we'll be sending Thomsen to Tupioca when the Boss gives up the thumbs up. He can be one of the delegation. Dismissed." Miller immediately turned his attention back to his paperwork.

To: King Harold Seram, King of Tupioca, Duke of Midat, and Baron of Turenbourg
From: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Federal Republic of Greal

On the behalf of the Federal Republic of Greal, we thank the Grand Kingdom of Tupioca for the Royal Invitation. We will be dispatching the Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Joseph Thomsen to the Ball in hopes of strengthening the Greali-Tupiocan relations as well as other possible discussions regarding trade. In celebration of the Royal Ball; Greal will also be donating 200 cases of the finest Greali Whiskey as a gift.

In good faith,
Minister of Foreign Affairs Patrick Harrington
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Federal Republic of Greal

Technically it was going to be 201 cases on the plane on the way to Tupioca, but Thomsen always liked whiskey so Miller accounted for that ahead of time. Staffers had to know stuff for their bosses.
Last edited by Greal on Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
DEFCON: 5 l 4 l 3 l 2 l 1

Greal Embassy Center, Greal News Agency,

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:13 am

Sitting at his desk in the Small Office of the Executive Residence, an assistant came into the room bearing an envelope, embossed on the back with the seal of the neighboring Kingdom of Tupiola.

"This just arrived, Mr. President".

Setting aside his study of this year's budget for the Attorney General, Shrdlu opened the envelope and read through the invitation. After a brief notification to his Vice President, Paula Koubek, he wrote out this response in longhand, summonsed the assistant and bade him to send this immediately to the Department of Foreign Affairs.

To His Royal Highness Herold Seram, King of Tupiola, Duke of Midat, Baron of Turenbourg

Mrs. Shrdlu and I look forward to attending the Royal Ball in Midat, on behalf of the Eitoan people and with personal affection. The festivities should be delightful, and present an opportunity to touch upon relevant cross border and other continental issues in an informal manner.

Our Department of Foreign Affairs will arrange for the attendance, through our embassy in Midat.

With warmest regards,
Ephriam Shrdlu, President, The Republic of Eitoan
Last edited by Eitoan on Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Wed Feb 24, 2021 12:55 pm

Greal
Eitoan

King Harold chuckled jovially when he was told that the Greal were going to send some folks to attend the ball along with two hundred cases of whiskey. Surely there would be some fighting over who gets what among the nobles but that was for after the ball. He clapped his hands together and two aides walked into the throne room.

"Arrange for Minister Joseph Thomsen's lodgings in the Royal Palace. Find something about Greal and make the room feel as much as home for the Minister when he arrives. It is just a few more days until the ball itself. Hopefully many attend, I know the nobility would love the opportunity to expand their business empires." he sprung up from the throne and tossed his crown to Grand Master Jeremiah of the Bear; commander of the Crown Knights.

"Grand Master, how many knights will you be able to spare for the security of this event? I want to make sure that any diplomats from warring or less than friendly countries do not make a scene and cause embarrassment for the Crown." he pulled out a cigarillo and offered one to the Grand Master who graciously accepted.

"I can spare five hundred additional knights your majesty on top of your royal guard retinue of two hundred. Also I have spoken with Colonel Brumilov and we have agreed to mobilize two thousand Chosen Guardians in the event of something most dreadful tragic. But this should be sufficient security at the air port, the palace grounds, royal palace, and of course, Your Majesty's own banquet hall. Of course those two thousand will only be on stand by and not actively present." Grand Master Jeremiah puffed on the cigarillo and pulled out some folded up documents and handed them to the King; they were just the mobilization orders that needed to be signed.

"Good, good indeed. Make sure that your Knight polish their armor, and wear that gold suit that I had made for you. We still need to marry you off Grand Master" Harold laughed as he left the Grand Master who simply bowed at the remark he should marry.

Looking through the mobilization papers he saw an envelope marked Party Business. Off indeed but the Grand Master was a simple man, he opened up the envelope and smiled when he saw that the Eitoanians were coming.

"Our northern neighbors are coming, this is wonderful. It is about time they came for a visit." he mused to himself.

The Qoryx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2016

Offizielle Korrespondenz

Postby The Qoryx » Wed Feb 24, 2021 3:27 pm

Imperial Foreign Office, Galaktisches Hofschloss
Reichstadt Arvolk, Der Reichseidgenossenschaft

Annoyance. That was what he felt, ever so slightly. He carefully looked over the letter in the quarantine release pouch, a standard procedure for all foreign letters arriving into the RE. He didn't want to touch it, but he knew he'd have to at least open the pouch to deliver it. But, he hesitated. "Why had this Ausland nation sent this infernal letter in the first place? Now I have to...ugh, touch it and figure out what they're begging for this time," he thought to himself. He looked up to the door after seeing someone approaching, noticing it was the State Secretary's Executive Assistant. He clicked his heels together in greeting.

"Grüezi Ms Lindau, are you here for the letter?" He looked back at the letter, still hesitating to touch it. He finally put on his white glove, picked up the quarantine release pouch, opened it, and handed her the letter to her awaiting gloved hands.

"Thank you sir; could you pick up a diplomatic pouch from the Imperial Postal Office? Given the postage on it, this is a letter we will have to respond to regardless of what it contains." She clicked her heels together, which he returned, and she turned around heading towards the State Secretary's office.

Inside the office, Bernhard drinks from his tea as he reviews reports from the various diplomatic missions across Greater Dienstad. He looks up from his tea as Ms Lindau enters. She clicks her heels in greeting.

"Your Imperial Honour, a letter from an Ausland nation has arrived. Quarantine has cleared it quickly due to the name of the sender; First of Tupioca." Bernhard nods and takes the letter, opening it carefully. He reads the short message and sets it on the desk, thinking for a moment. Suddenly he rises, returns the letter into the envelope, and grabs his coat as he walks towards the door.

"Come with me, we're going to the Household. Bring your tablet, we'll start drafting our response in the car."

Two Days Later
The Imperial Household, Galaktisches Hofschloss
Reichstadt Arvolk, Der Reichseidgenossenschaft

Bernhard stands in the foyer of the Household, where all coordination with the Imperial Family is carried out, watching as dozens of people flurry around doing the Imperial Family’s business. Suddenly a loud noise booms from down the hall causing a few people walking past to jump.

“Berni! How are you doing my friend?!” Shouted Sander, who was rapidly approaching him from down the hall. Bernhard waited a little more until he was close then clicks his heels and salutes. “Your Imperial Highness, I wasn’t expecting to see you in the Household! Everything is going well sir, just keeping tabs on the developments in RSU and preparing for our flight to Tupioca. How have you been since we last saw eachother at the Bächtelistag?”

Prince Sander smiled and hands Bernhard the letter in his hand, “I’m here because my aide said you were here coordinating with the Household, and I figured I’d stop by to deliver this from my Father. Einar and I are excited to have the opportunity to talk with you while flying to Tupioca and having to deal with those Ausländern.” He scoffs at the end and looks at the clock behind the reception area, “Oh dear, I must not delay to be with my family for evening meal. Well, I’ll see you on the plane and pass on Einar’s and my love to Luzia and the kids.”

Bernhard smiles and clicks his heels as Sander turns to return to his residence. Looking down at his notes from the planning meeting and to the letter he was just handed, he paused to think of how he would include the letter. He’d have it transcribed as an attachment on the e-letter his office will be sending, as there would be no other way to send the two together using normal diplomatic protocols.

“Oh! Before I forget. Make sure to inform the Tupiocans about a special gift my Father is giving the First; I’m jealous and I’m the one having to give it away! Mmm just wait until you see it Berni.” Sander continues walking backwards as he’s fawning over the mysterious gift. Berni laughs and salutes, “of course sir, I look forward to it!” Sander smiles and waves as he turns around and continues walking away.

Bernhard looks down thinking to himself, "Right. Now, to send this letter to these Ausländern.."

Offizielle Korrespondenz
Datum: 25 Hornung 12120
Von: Seine Fürstliche Majestät, Reichsfürst Ludwig-Wilhelm VI von Der Reichseidgenossenschaft
Über: Reichs Auswärtiges Amt, Reichstadt Arvolk, Reichseidgenossenschaft
Staatsekretäre des Reichs Auswärtiges Amt, Seine Hochwohlgeboren, Reichsgraf Bernhard Ernst zu Bülow
Bezüglich: Herzoglicher Ball für Ihre Majestät
Verschlüsselung: Versiegelte - Diplomatische Korrespondenz

⇁* Translation Begins *↽

We have taken the liberty of translating this correspondence into your crude, rapacious language so you may understand our response. Thus, we hope no meaning was lost in translating our poetic dialect into your simplistic tongue. Please find attached the personal response from His Imperial Majesty, alongside the official response from the Imperial Foreign Office of His Imperial Majesty's Government.

First Harold,

As one of the longest continuously-monarchical nations in the region, we understand more than anyone that national spirits are directly tied to the reign of the monarch, and the festive events held by that monarch. Nations rise and nations fall based on the spirit of their monarch, and how that spirit is interpreted by their people. The Arvolken people and I, as the living spirit of my people and our great nation, do wish to congratulate the First on leading his country for 10 propitious years. After unifying the country, pacifying the dissenters and leading your people through a period of economic stimulus, this celebration is truly an apposite one. While we do not understand the exact nature of the festivities, one would be amiss not using this event to celebrate the First's reign, such as it has been. With respects to such a celebratory event, it is only natural we welcome the invitation with open arms and open minds.

In such a climate as we are honoured to live in, it is mutually beneficial to support fellow monarchical nations in as much as our people are accepting of. One has found the advice and eternal wisdom of the Arvolken people to be both grounding and illuminating over the past thirty-nine-years. As a proud Emperor in a long line of Emperors and Empresses who came before stretching back over two millennia, one would agree it is our duty to support fellow monarchs, is it not? The Imperial Unity has endured through The Unification, The Great Unrest, The Duodecennis Famine, The Long War and The Purge of 1922, and has more recently continued to prosper even while total war rages all around our sovereign shores, which the Grand Kingdom has avoided due to the rather large geographic distance between us. The Imperial Unity has stood for over two millennia under worse conditions and endured, and it will stay standing for another two, and another two after that - long after most other nations have faded into oblivion. With the long and proud history of the Imperial Unity behind us, we wish the First and his people prosperity and peace, but one would be wise to not allow stagnancy or complacency to get in the way of progress and national security. It would be a terrible shame if yet another monarch falls within Greater Dienstad for a failure to adapt.

All that aside, we cannot see any downside to accepting the offer of attendance to such an event as a Royal Ball in Midat. In attendance will be His Imperial Highness, Prince Sander and his husband, His Imperial Highness Prince Einar. The Empress and I have events demanding our attendance during your celebratory event, which would mean putting Auslädern above our own, and that would not sit well with the wise Arvolken people. The Empress and I will eagerly await the report from our Son on how the Ball went, which we hope will foster better relations between our two people, and our two houses.

Herzliche Grüße,

Ludwig-Wilhelm Schönbäch-Reuss-Schärer VI
Reichsfürst von Der Reichseidgenossenschaft

First Harold Seram,

The Imperial Unity welcomes the invitation from His Majesty, and will be sending representatives of the government institution to discuss the status of our trading relationship, together with the members of the Imperial Family and their entourage.

As far as we understand, Their Imperial Highnesses Princes Sander and Einar will be in attendance, and they will be accompanied with the standard security detail afforded to all members of the Imperial Family, which totals twenty guards of the 1st Regiment Reichsgarde, with the two personal aides in number 1 (ceremonial) dress, for easy identification. They will fly ahead of the delegation to coordinate between our teams, and will be your staff's main point of contact for the Arvolken delegation as a whole.

In addition to the members of the Imperial Family and their guards, the government institution of the Imperial Unity will be sending myself in my role as the Imperial Foreign Secretary, two trade envoys by the names of Ulrike and Manfred, and the Arvolken Ambassador to Tupioca, Her Grace Lady Ina of Salzwedel. Each of us will have one aide to coordinate with the Imperial Family's aides, and your staff for anything related to the government's delegates.

In celebration of the event, His Imperial Majesty has graciously included a personal gift which will be presented by Princes Sander and Einar in a private ceremony, to be planned in the coming days between our staff. I, personally, look forward to speaking with you and your government further about strengthening our relations.

Regards,

Reichsgraf Bernhard Ernst zu Bülow
Staatsekretäre des Reichs Auswärtiges Amt

Transkribiert von R. Müller, Privatsekretär bei SRF
Durchdringt des Reichs Auswärtiges Amt
Der Reichseidgenossenschaft (Der RE) / The Imperial Unity (The RE)
Imperial Foreign Secretary: Bernhard Ernst, Landesfürst von Bülow Imperial First (Emperor): Reichsfürst Ludwig-Wilhelm VI
Grand Imperial Marshall: Großreichsmarschall T. Sprecher, Landesfürst von Bernegg Imperial Archchancellor: Reichserzkanzler Otto, Erzfürst von Lauenburg
Greater DienstadEsvanoviaImperial Government Structure
Demonyms: Singular: Arvolk - Plural: Arvolken - Noun: Arvolk
Thank you to Meriad for allowing me to copy and modify his signature for my use, it's awesome!

Kuronami
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kuronami » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:35 pm

A party! Of course our Empress loved balls, parties, any excuse to go out and mingle. And in any other time, it'd be an instant acceptance BUT not on the heels of a major disaster in another part of the country. Not crippling or devastating but given the location and severity, it was best for Her Highness to stay put and make sure the Government was doing what it was supposed to be doing in getting aid to the people and make sure the economy as a whole wouldn't dive with this hit to another economic hub of the nation. When things weren't shaking from the frequent aftershocks or she wasn't in a dozen meetings with the local officials or the Domain's Ladies, it was long enough to draft her formal response. She wouldn't go into a lot of details about the reason she couldn't attend herself, but she did pass the invite along to her older brother, Benedict, whom had become a Duke just a couple of years ago/ Over the phone with him, she pitched it reading the invite and asking if he could go in her place. "You can take Cecelia and have a lovely time."

"It's customary for you or your Agents (Kuronami's unusual name for Ministers) more than it is for us Lords and Ladies."

"If Lord Wisteria and his wife could represent us in Mervay, you can go to this event. The invite is clearly for royals or nobility then we should send such a person as opposed to our agents. Benny, do you want to go or not, if not I'm going to send my regrets. It's a big event with our regional neighbors being present, I feel it's best Kuronami is represented even with what's happening now."

"All right, we'll go, I'm sure they will be glad to see us."

"Thanks Ben. My love to Cecee, okay?"

"I'll tell her. And Finé, please be careful over there." Always the big brother, always looking out for his little sisters, even when his little sister is the Empress of the nation.

"I will. Enjoy yourself." She hung up the phone. Looking at the clock, it was just past 2AM now. It'd been another long day for her but she still took time to finalize her response to the King of Tupioca.

Répondez s'il vous plaît,

To His Esteemed Highness, King Harold Seram, King of Tupioca, Duke of Midat, and Baron of Turenbourg,

Your Excellency, I want to thank you by inviting me to your event along with many of our regional neighbors. Regrettably, urgent matters in Kuronami have compelled me to stay here and address the situation at hand. Instead, I'm passing your invited along to my elder brother, Benedict Donald von Eylstadt, the current Duke of the home Domain of our family of Eylstadt, along with his lovely wife, Lady Cecelia von Eylstadt. My brother will be more than capable to represent our beautiful nation to you and I shall hope you'll welcome him and his wife for your fine occasion and I shall hope to be able to attend next time myself, or have you come for a visit some time be it for a formal gala or not, until then, I'm wishing you all my best.

Her Imperial Majesty,
Ortfiné Fredericka von Eylstadt
Empress of Kuronami

Greal
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Greal » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:54 am

MOFA Official Transport, Somewhere in GD

Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Joseph Thomsen frowned as his plane lurched slightly from turbulence. He wasn't worried about the plane, if any kind of disaster happened Greal always had more diplomats in waiting to replace him. He was frowning over the scant information available on Tupioca. Thomsen had a 15 page folder, most of which was utterly useless surface information written by analysts who clearly had found their information on some internet wiki page. Nothing besides some basic conclusions on the current monarchy and trade targets for Greal to approach.

Their plane was flying somewhere over Greater Dienstad on it's way to Tupioca. It was an official Ministry of Foreign Affairs double decker jet placed at the disposal of it's diplomats. The jet's size was not only to impress visitors but also to accommodate some of the fragile egos in the MOFA.

His plane cabin office was utterly spotless from a recent cleaning job. Sitting across from him was a sprawl of seats filled by members of his delegation. One tall burly woman across from him holding a glass grinned and asked, "I take it that official report on Tupioca makes for nothing more than a good paperweight?"

Thomsen kept a straight face then attempted to be diplomatic by saying, "I'm sure the analysts did their best."

The woman immediately flipped to disdain, "You know as well as I do Joseph, that they know jackshit." She tried a sip of her glass, ""Wow, that was smooth," she eyed her glass with a surprised look of respect.

"It's Greali Valan Whiskey." Thomsen replied, now studying the woman with a interested if covert gaze. Lisa Behringer was a woman with a formidable reputation. Billionaire. Vice President of Look Incorporated. Former mercenary. Held herself as Important with a capital I. Certainly not a usual choice for delegations. Thomsen briefly wondered why she was on this trip and was it to piss off himself or Harrington? Who knew. Officially she was merely a corporate lobbyist working in tandem with the Ministry of Trade. Unofficially who knew with Look Incorporated?

Her opposite number Gene Sammers who was from the Ministry of Trade for Greater Dienstad Region looked glum in his seat. Thomsen's first impression of him was not ideal. Sammers looked like he was a good breeze away from falling apart. This was his first foreign trip and he did not look happy to leave the comfort of his office. Thomsen was half bemused half depressed at the idea of having to deal with the useless trade official.

The fourth person in the room was Ben. A hawk faced, hulking blank faced figure by the cabin door who did a decent job of staying invisible. Half assistant. Half bodyguard. Ben was easy to get along with. A man without pretext.

Thomsen's 17 year old daughter Jane was also on board the plane but thankfully for Thomsen she was with the pilots at the front being all charming since she wasn't allowed to hear official business. Technically his daughter was not a direct member of the delegation because of official nepotism rules but no doubt she would badger him to get her into the Ball. Thomsen ruefully reflected that she'll probably just skip that step and persuade the Tupiocans directly to let her in anyways.

A throat cleared which brought Thomsen back from thought, Behringer was saying something, "My understanding is their current King is holding the country together after some sort of war?"

"Yes, that fits with what I've heard. They're in control of all their current Baronies or some such."

"Maybe we should talk with some of his rivals." Behringer half jokingly suggested.

Thomsen immediately became stern. "We're here because of their royal invite. You're not to cause any kind of damn trouble Miss Behringer. You got that?" There was a slight emphasis on the royal.

Behringer didn't even look flustered. She flipped back to a innocent looking grin, "Don't worry, I'm just here for business." That last bit almost came out like a purr. Vice President of Look Incorporated Thomsen nodded to himself. One of those vague sounding corporate titles that could mean any kind of rank. Being a former mercenary, Behringer no doubt ran that part of the business for Look. Might be looking for new markets for their hardware. Or worse. Targets. His imagination ran in unpleasant directions.

Ben who had continued to stand by the doorway emerged from his invisibility to say in his whisper like voice, "We'll be landing in Tupioca in an hour." Thomsen nodded fractionally and said, "Thank you Ben. Let Jane know I want to talk to her before we land." Ben gave an unorthodox thumbs up as a form of a reply and vanished from the room. Sammers seemed to jump up in fright at the door closing itself.

"Oh for Greal's Heavens. Have you ever gone outside?" Behringer was quick to mock. Sammers stammered in reply and pretended to indicate he was taking a nap. Thomsen sighed internally and went back to glancing at the Tupioca report.
Last edited by Greal on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:00 am, edited 2 times in total.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 4:01 am

In 3 capital cities, many miles apart, identical letters had been delivered to political leaders. Iros, Turin, Sondestadt: with how decentralised the Havenic diplomatic machine was these days it was almost impossible to work out which capital city was best to send things to. Usually people played it safe and sent out 3 copies in the hope that the 3 departments would talk to each other...usually, they did.

In the Holy Fortress that loomed over downtown Sondestadt, there was mild excitement in the hearts of the representatives of Velstrania that generally attended these balls. Of course it was only a small country and relatively far away, but far more important people than the hosts were sure to attend.

Karelminor nos Uirsantil, the chair of the representative of Velstrania and its de facto foreign minister read over the message a few times, thinking of just who to send to such an occasion. She knew for a fact that whoever she asked to travel to the small kingdom would come: hell, if she told the Mazhrit himself that he was coming she was certain he wouldn't object. Not him though...people with a little more subtlety. More grace...but also forceful? She wrote down a few names, getting them down to a few before she finally settled on the names of her travelling companions. Just perfect.

Official Communication from the Free and Holy Nation of Velstrania
Freedom and God Prevail

Greetings Your Majesty,
The Holy Court of Velstrania thanks you for your kind invitation and wish to notify you that we wish to honour it. Unfortunately his holiness the Mazhrit is unable to attend as he has sadly come down with a rather persistent tickly cough which has spread throughout his family. I am sure that we all wish his holiness well, and I would like to assure you that he isn't simply refusing to come due to golfing commitments and suchlike.
My name is Karelminor nos Uirsantil, Chair of the representative of Velstrania. As I am sure you are aware, Velstrania does not have a minister responsible for foreign affairs, rather we have a 12-person council who make such decisions between them. Of course it would be ludicrous to send all 12 to one engagement, which is rather why we have the system in the first place: I however will be in attendance. With me will come my daughter, Suuentliok nos Karelminor; our representative to the Greater Dienstad regional council Prince Aerkunlauh nos Variskura and our minister Mr Zapruniel nos Unlaktin. We will be accompanied by sundry servants, guards and hangers on who insist on attending events like this who we never can seem to get rid of. Again, being a King I'm sure it's something you understand very well.
I am please to read that you will be providing accommodation for us in the royal palace; as the home of God on Earth I am sure that our standing is sufficient to afford us such lodgings.

Wishing you a great day,
- Karelminor nos Uirsantil,
Chair of the Representative of Velstrania and High Lady of Domaine N'klaa.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

AHSCA
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 08, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:12 am

It felt like it hadn't been too long since Marcella returned from Mervay from their own masquerade ball, in fact it had only been about a month now, when another invitation was slid into her hands by her deputy foreign minister. "Thank you for the delivery."

"Of course, Milady. If you need me for anything, feel free to ask."

Where her actual foreign minister was at this moment, anybody's guess, probably off doing something shady and spy related. AHSCA was in the secretive process of setting up a new intelligence network but that's not important right now right now she looked at this invite to another ball. This one was a bit different, from a newer nation, perhaps? Honestly borders, regions, nations and the like change so rapidly in this complex sphere of geopolitics who can say, this nation wasn't familiar to her so maybe again GD's regional influence and borders again changed. Wait, this wasn't just another nation in GD hosting a ball, this was a regional ball! Marcella's look changed from amused curiosity to a bit more reluctance. For some reason, regional parties made her feel awkward. AHSCA's history with some of its regional neighbors was a bit awkward to put it very simplistic. Granted those days were behind them, AHSCA had been independent for two decades now and among their neighbors nations like Lamoni, Mokastana had grown to become loyal allies.

It was unlikely anyone would be looking to pick a fight beyond some maybe passive aggressive language but still...At first Marcella was tempted to decline the invite, it wouldn't seem like anyone would fault her, she did just get back from another ball BUT maybe it was time to heed all the advice and wisdom given to her, from her mom, to their friends to Aurelia. Dear, sweet, Aurelia. Only a shame she wouldn't be at THIS party, that much she was certain of, unlike the Mervay ball. Well she also thought to invite a plus one but honestly there weren't many to pick from in AHSCA. The Premier of Animalpolis had graciously attended with Marcella in Mervay, she could ask but it was doubtful she'd want to hop across the ocean for another trip so soon. Chief Ayla was tall, elegant, BUT hardly the type you'd want to take to a formal ball like this. Gee, now she felt bad putting everyone down like this, well except the General of Stillestando, honestly she didn't care for him no matter how hard he tried to suck up, she knew he was aching to depose her. She could take Gisella along maybe, good to have her sister along. Her two Heads of Congress came to mind, at least they were a couple. Hard to say if this nation was very open about LGBT persons though, plus the next legislative session was upon them real soon.

She made a few quick inquiries just in case, with the few she had in mind and naturally declines came, Gisella had promised some time with a Mentor Priestess at the Temple. Indeed, Premier Biscotti really wasn't feeling up for another trip so soon after her last. "Well, I guess I'm going stag." She quickly summoned her deputy minister again to inform she'd be leaving the country again "You know the routine."

"As you wish."

Marcella's response was brief, quick to the point, frankly who knows if anyone would want to waste time on poor insignificant AHSCA but here goes, written out by hand her message read

Sure, why not!
Just kidding, she did write it out like this however.

Addressed to His Royal Highness Herold Seram, King of Tupiola, Duke of Midat, Baron of Turenbourg

Your Highness,

Recently an invite sent by you for a lovely ball came across my desk and I was writing to say how delighted I would be to attend. I thank you kindly for offering me the chance and I'm looking forward to seeing you and the many other guests at the party.

Cordially,

Duchess Marcella Villa
Duchess of the United Island States of AHSCA.

Signed, sealed and sent.

Mokastana
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 20, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:58 pm

TO: King Harold Seram, King of Tupioca, Duke of Midat, and Baron of Turenbourg

The People's Unified Federation graciously accepts your invitation to a Royal Ball in Tupioca.

Although the President of the Federation is unable to attend, we will still be sending honored guests. Attending on our behalf shall be Foreign Minister Elizabeth Franshaw, and one of the executives of a key Federation member, Queen Kaida Nanao of Aqua Anu.

Signed,
Elizabeth Franshaw,
Foreign Minister of the People's Unified Federation

The trip had been nearly two days for Queen Kaida Nanao, starting from the Space Port in Mac Anu, bringing her to Roswell Spaceport in Mokastana where she met up with the Foreign Minister, only to board another space flight to Motokata, where she was now aboard a terrestrial aircraft, flying to their final destination.

Although Queen Nanao was only 19, she had already lived through her fair share of political subterfuge. Crowned at 11, she had spent the bulk of her reign as a mere puppet, finally breaking out of her role and reclaiming her government 2 years ago during the Nipon Islands Incident, by forcibly removing her Prime Minister from power and installing a loyalist in the position instead. The internal politics of Aqua Anu were still rocky, with her former Prime Minister breaking away to form an opposition party. However, she had the loyalty of the Marshites, the socialists, the military and most of the General public, but ex prime minister Doherty still had his inner circle and a few wealthy businessmen on his side.

Still, he didn't reclaim his seat while Kaida was serving her conscription period. She could have skipped on military service, but she felt it was her duty to learn the basics like her people. Besides, she gained a lot of public support for those two years, and now that she was back, Queen Kaida Nanao would ensure Dohety's political career died soon enough.

For now though, she sat in the plane, reading up on what little was available about the nation they were visiting. strands of her long dark chestnut hair keep falling in her face, as the loose bun failed to keep it contained. She would have it done up before landing, so that she was at least presentable to the press.

Across the table from her was Elizabeth Frashaw-Serain, Foreign Minister to the Federation as a whole. Aqua Anu was but one nation in the Federation, and the only monarchy. The Mokan nations still held the most sway, when they cooperated, but the non-Mokan nations of Wellovia, Motokata, Aqua Anu and Paradisa could heavily influence Federation politics.

Although a native Mokan, Elizabeth's family traced their roots back to old Yanitaria, and despite a couple generations of mixing with the locals, Elizabeth retained the unique pale skin of her grandfather, although she could certainly survive far more sun than others. She was already dressed for the press, with her red hair done up underneath a sun hat.

"Kaida, might I suggest preparing yourself for landing?"

"I'll do it when I'm ready to, Elizabeth."

Kaida spoke sharply, taunting the Foreign Minister for daring to act like a mother. Although only in her mid thirties, Elizabeth was the elder and more experienced diplomat.

"Very well, just remember that we are representing our people here. We want to give these royals the right impression of the Federation."

"The Anuien people trust me to represent them. I won't let them down. Besides, aren't you socialists all about maintaining equality?"

"It's a little more complicated than that, but I've learned to put my own political beliefs behind me for diplomacy. Listen, I'm sorry I tried to mother you. This is a relatively unimportant diplomatic event, so represent your people however you feel is appropriate. Just be mindful that the sharks out there are just as dangerous as the ones back home, and we can't fight them off as easily."

"I've already survived one coup attempt, how bad could they really be?"

"A single, 19 year old, Queen, as attractive as you? Very dangerous Kaida, very dangerous."
Last edited by Mokastana on Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
Trust the Mokans to be armed even when among their allies
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

Moka you are a land of pimps, prostitutes, drug lords, and corruption.
We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Thu Feb 25, 2021 6:17 pm

The Qoryx

King Harold read the letter from the RE with close attention to detail. Clearly these people were not to be trifled with or have a humorous time with. Straight to the point, he respected that but would rather not have such buzz kills attend his Ball. Regardless they bring with them vast opportunities for trade which in turn means more money into the Royal Treasury which means more money spent on the average Tupiocan.

"Aleksan, bring me a quill and parchment. Something official and highly formal. Also bring me the ink that has gold flakes in it. These Arvolken deserve more than a fancy wedding invitation. He sat down at the secretary and took a sip of ale before the paper, quill, and ink was brought to him. At the top of the paper was the Royal Crest of Tupioca. This was to be a very formal letter.

Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Reichsfürst von Der Reichseidgenossenschaft Ludwig-Wilhelm Schönbäch-Reuss-Schärer VI,

I thank you greatly for accepting my most humble invitation to my ball. The Grand Kingdom looks forward to our blossoming relationship between our two great monarchies and will seek out your most antiquated advice in the event that we should find ourselves requiring such counsel. The Grand Kingdom of Tupioca is graced by His Imperial Higness, Prince Sander and of course his husband. We look forward to hosting them properly and make sure that they are accommodated to the best of our abilities. We will also fully accommodate the entourages with the most decadent of lodgings befitting of their status. We look forward to having a private audience with their most gracious and Imperialness, Prince Sander and his husband.

Sincerely and most cordially,
King Harold Seram,
Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Electronic Letter for:
Her Imperial Majesty, Ortfiné Fredericka von Eylstadt,

We look forward to hosting Duke Benedict Donald von Eylstadt and the Duchess. I am sure that they will be made to feel right at home during our Royal Ball and will get along fine for their first time in the Grand Kingdom. I will have my foreign office set up an appropriate date for myself to visit so that we may discuss any possible future partnerships with each other.

Sincerely,
King Harold Seram,
Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Electronic Letter for:
Karelminor nos Uirsantil,
Chair of the Representative of Velstrania and High Lady of Domaine N'klaa.

As it is customary in the Grand Kingdom to base how well your festivities went on how many guests attend we welcome the large group you are bringing along. We look forward to meeting with each and everyone of the Free and Holy Nation of Velstrania. I am swelling with great anticipation for your arrival in our glorious kingdom.

Sincerely,
King Harold Seram,
Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Electronic Letter for:
Duchess Marcella Villa of The United Island States of AHSCA

My dear Duchess, it pains me to hear that you attending by yourself. I would be honored if you allow me to be your escort for the Royal Ball. Myself and the Grand Kingdom look forward to seeing you in attendance as there is much I wish to speak about in regards to the future of our two countries and working side by side on the international market place.

Sincerely and most cordially,
King Harold Seram,
Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Electronic Letter for:
Elizabeth Franshaw, Foreign Minister of the People's Unified Federation

The Grand Kingdom of Tupioca awaits in great anticipation for the arrival of yourself and Queen Kaida Nanao of Aqua Anu. I personally look forward to discussing and learning more about the People's Unified Federation and how it actually manages to exist with such diverse politically and governing ideologies.

Sincerely,
King Harold Seram,
Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Greal

All air traffic has been diverted to Baenflot International Airport to allow a safe and stress free landing for the Greal Representatives. A company of twenty Crown Knights awaited patiently for the arrival of Vice Minister of Foreign Affairs Joseph Thomsen and company. Lord Faria Humstrul would be the Noble Escort for the Greal guests.

Cartoonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cartoonia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:00 pm

Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo of Cartoonia continues to work in his office at his official residence. A man of over sixty years of life, he still holds that rambunctious spirit inherited by his late father. He looks over legislation sent by Cartoon House for his approval, having dealt with a controversial cabinet member (that Chancellor Uno also looked into), he has to make sure of everything being sent to him for his approval. Along comes his butler with a telegram from a foreign leader.

“Sir, a telegram from… the Grand Kingdom of Tupioca. Forwarded from Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia Iwatani” says the butler.

“Ah, thank you,” Jimmy says receiving the letter. He reads it and is indeed excited and interested. It was an invitation from a nation from across the region of which they occupied, Greater Dienstad. It seems that Tupioca’s king, King Harold, was throwing a ball, a fine night of food, drink, and music. The supreme leader knows of many nations of the Great Dienstad region, but he hardly knew of this kingdom. It would give him the chance to show off Cartoon power. He leaves his office and heads down to his living room where his wife Rachel Moore is writing something down on paper.

“Hey, Rachel!”

“Oh, Jimmy! Are you finished with work?”

“Well, I came down here to tell you that we got an invitation”.

“Oh, is that so. Who is it from?”

“King Harold of Tupioca? It’s an invitation to a royal ball”.

“Tupioca? Never heard of such a place”.

“We do not know a whole lot of nations, but he is apart of the Greater Dienstad region. I think we should accept the invitation. Bring some of that Cartoon power after all”.

“Of course,” Rachel says happily. “When are we leaving?”

“I will make arrangements for tomorrow morning on our private plane. I will send a telegram to his majesty and place Sho in charge of state until I return. Pack our things, we might stay a week even after the party to examine the kingdom for ourselves”.

“Ah, alright”. Jimmy kiss his wife on the cheek before heading back to his office to write a letter to his majesty.

Telegram:
The Desk of Supreme Leader Jiimy Kudo
2/26/2021

To His Majesty, King Harold of Tupioca,

We sincerely thank you for inviting us to your royal ball. I am sure it will be a fine night indeed. I of course will be attending along with my wife. I will make arrangements to stay at a hotel before the ball and will be staying for probably a week after. We hope this would start up relations with both our nations.

Sincerely,
Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo
Chancellor Nigel Uno
Attorney General Conan Edogawa
Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia
Gran-General of the Army Eric Cartman
Gran-Admiral of the Navy Kagura Mikazuchi

The desk of the Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs.
Capitol: Gallagher
Current Civil State: Prosperous
Current Military Status: At Peace
Cartoonian-Dillydale Stock Exchange…...JWC -10.0%........CIS +1.1%......CEP +2.1%......SSA -6.1%......POC -5.1%......WDC -1.2%......ABC +2.4%......RMC -1.2%......MRE +1.7%......SSC +3.1%......FSC +2.0%......KTC -0.5%......SBC -4.2%......KKF -5.3%

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:03 pm

Cartoonia

Electronic Letter:
To: Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo

I look forward to meeting you and your wife, Supreme Leader Kudo. Tupioca is will be honored by your visit. You do not need to get a hotel room, your wife and yourself may stay at the Royal Palace, I insist. Of course we will be able to speak during your stay. It is of the utmost importance that Tupioca look towards the future when interacting with the international community.

Sincerely and Cordially,
King Harold Seram

The Japanese-State
Civilian

Founded: Jul 01, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Japanese-State » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:38 pm

"Bring this to the King." said a servant "Go, hurry, the Secretary of Foreign Affairs sent this over for him" the servant rushes the Butler out of the room and into the long grand marble hallway. The butler scurries towards the Kings office, pushing people out of his way. "King, King. I have a letter here for you! I've been told it's from the Grand Kingdom of Tupioca." the butler extends his arm out and give's the king a letter. The King, busy, signing important papers, asks the butler what is the meaning of this letter. "My Lord, the letter is about a Royal Ball." The King, now interested, looks up and grabs the letter, and Notices the Tupiocan Seal, opens the letter and reads the invitation. "Godfry, it says here 5 guests are allowed. Now, I will not miss this Royal Ball, you know how I feel about those. Now, I want you to go ready my wife, Willow, and the Prime Minister and his wife, we leave tomorrow. Send a reply saying that we will attend." The butler nods in agreement, and vanishes.

To: The Grand Kingdom of Tupioca
Subject: The Royal Ball

To His Majesty, King Harold

I shall attend to this Royal Ball with my wife, my Prime Minister and his wife. My wife and I love hosting Royal Balls, and love attending them even more. Expect us in the coming days, I'm looking forward to meeting you

Sincerely, King Jack Abby

The Qoryx
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2016

Postby The Qoryx » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:34 am

[I have taken the aircraft image down until I can track down the appropriate credits for those who actually put time into making the base aircraft I used here. Please be patient, it will be back up properly soon! In the meantime, it's a military VIP transport version of the A380.]

Onboard Reichsfürstenflug, somewhere over GD

Sander set down the briefing for the third time that flight, and looked over at his husband resting in bed. Smiling at how peaceful he was sleeping, he got up and quietly exited the bedroom into the lounge area and sat down next to his aide.

“Müller, why is there such little information about this country? You’re telling me of all the agencies we have collecting intelligence on these ausland nations, we have ONE page of actual intelligence and a further fifty pages of basic information from the Embassy?”

The Major laughed and nodded, “Unfortunately sir, we don’t have much because they really only have been operating there for a few years. What little we have been able to gather is in that briefing, and we will be adding to it of course while we are at this ball. I don’t know who, but wouldn’t be surprised if most of our delegation, present company excluded of course, belong to one intelligence branch or another. This is a perfect opportunity to gather intel after all.”

Sander agreed, after all it’s what he would do if he were running one of the intelligence branches. “I suppose this is true. We should just let them do their work lest the END starts poking around the place looking to us for something. I think we should start getting ready; we land in a few hours or so, so you and the Leutnant should get dressed. I’ll get Einar up and ready, so maybe you come back in about..an hour? Our uniform specialists will help us set up our uniforms while we discuss the plan of action. Sound like a plan?”

“Of course sir, we’ll see you two in one hour.” He stands up and clicks his heels, then turns and departs.

Onboard the Reichsfürstenflug
Midat, Grand Kingdom of Tupioca

Sander and Einar unbuckled their safety belts seemingly at the same time and smiled to each other at the coincidence. They walked back through the cabin, with their aides in tow, to the back of the aircraft where the washroom facilities are located for some final touches and review before departure.

“Alright Müller, run me through one more time what I’m expecting when I leave. Step by step so I know where everything is going through the day.”

“Of course sir. Alright so, while we are preparing here, the Tupiocan Crown Knights are forming an honour guard outside. Press are here, but we have at least 20-30 minutes while the aircrew and the rest of the Reichsgarde set up our vehicles and equipment. When we leave the aircraft, a member of the nobility will be greeting us, before joining our motorcade to the palace where the official welcoming ceremony will be taking place.”

Einar spun around, “joining our motorcade? As in...in our vehicles??” The Major quickly looked through his briefing notes, and looked up with a look of unease, “I..don’t know sir, I don’t know if that was the implication but I’ll have Leutnant Hummel go speak with the aircrew chief to ensure they are ushered to a separate vehicle that will be prepared, which I will take with this auslander. Leutnant Hummel will stay with you two to coordinate.” He gestures with his head for the Leutnant to go, who clicks his heels and departs to carry out his task.

“After the official welcoming ceremony, I believe we will be making ourselves comfortable in their little palace’s rooms, and then proceeding to a reception with all of the dignitaries. The Leutnant and I will have our Halberds with us and will be with you the whole night as protection and coordination. From what I have in my intelligence briefing here, it says the Grealis are going to be in attendance as well. So that’d be a good opportunity to discuss with them about-” Sander cut him off collaboratively as he was on the same page.

“-about the potential trade the foreign secretary mentioned, yes that would be a good time.” The Major finished off the remaining few points of his briefing and then headed to the front of the aircraft find out the timeline for actually starting the day.

Sander fiddled with his uniform attempting to straighten it out as Einar came in with Sander's Air Guard helmet. Now alone, the two shared a tender moment followed by a laugh. “Alright you, grab your pelisse and let’s get this ball started.

As they approached the door, they put on their gloves and did one last check between themselves before walking through the doorway.

[-snipped as this picture is very out of date and cringy lol-]

On the ground at Midat Airport

Sander and Einar, standing at the top of the stairs in their full ceremonial uniforms, looked around the apron of the airport’s welcome area. There was an honour guard to the left, wearing what they dismissed as some sort of weathered tropical battle dress. ”Rather unimpressive so far”, Einar quietly whispered to Sander under his breath. At the bottom of the stairs was a small welcome party, including the noble they had been told about, Lord Drungar. Sander looked at this person quickly and thought to himself how forgettable the man seemed to him.

They walked down the stairs with their aides in tow, and looked over to the honour guard quickly before turning to Lord Drungar who was approaching, They clicked their heels in greeting, and he commenced the introductions in common Dienstadi. Sander and Einar both turned to their Aides who translate what they said into Arvolken. Sander responds to the noble in Arvolken, “Grüezi, ich bin Prinz Sander, das ist mein Ehemann Prinz Einar. Ihre Ehre uns begegnen wird geschätzt, und wir freuen uns auf Ihre Fürst zu treffen, sobald wir sofort hier abreißen.”

Without waiting for his Tupiocan counterpart to begin, Major Müller translates into common Dienstadi in a distinct but comprehensible Arvolken accent. “His Imperial Highness greets you Lord Drungar. This is Prince Sander, second son of His Imperial Majesty, Emperor Lüdwig-Wilhelm VI, and this is his husband, His Imperial Highness Prince Einar. Your honour of meeting us here is appreciated, and we look forward to meeting your First once we depart here soon.”

After finishing with the pleasantries and being joined by the Imperial Foreign Secretary and the rest of the delegation, Sander and Einar then head towards the awaiting motorcade with the delegation, not one of them even acknowledging the press nearby. They were all eager to see whether their fears were true, and this auslander would actually be in the car with one of them for their journey to the palace.

Sander shuddered just thinking about it.
Last edited by The Qoryx on Wed May 17, 2023 11:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Der Reichseidgenossenschaft (Der RE) / The Imperial Unity (The RE)
Imperial Foreign Secretary: Bernhard Ernst, Landesfürst von Bülow Imperial First (Emperor): Reichsfürst Ludwig-Wilhelm VI
Grand Imperial Marshall: Großreichsmarschall T. Sprecher, Landesfürst von Bernegg Imperial Archchancellor: Reichserzkanzler Otto, Erzfürst von Lauenburg
Greater DienstadEsvanoviaImperial Government Structure
Demonyms: Singular: Arvolk - Plural: Arvolken - Noun: Arvolk
Thank you to Meriad for allowing me to copy and modify his signature for my use, it's awesome!

Eitoan
Envoy

Founded: Jan 04, 2018
Corporate Bordello

Postby Eitoan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:11 pm

Executive Residence,
Vladarsik, Eitoan,
Presidential Small Office

President Shrdlu poured himself another cup of coffee, his second since lunch, chasing away the ennui of budgeting reports and pleas for appearances from local Free Democrat leaders in North Chillicothe Territory. It was another boring mid afternoon of a boring midweek day. Things seemed under control; the legislature cooperative, unemployment gently declining. This was a good time for a visit to Eitoan’s southern neighbor. Ephriam peered out the small window to his right. Too early for the nearby maples and further oaks on the back lawn of the Executive Residence, the partly sunny day gave him a view of the distant Edward Anjek Memorial. Ephriam Shrdlu mused on it briefly, and scribbled a brief note to one of his North Chillicothe honchos, hinting at a visit to a trade organization once he got back from Midat.

His secretary announced the arrival of two cabinet members, along with a couple of aides from Foreign Affairs. The arrived presently. The President rose to greet them, each in their turn. First through the door was the venerable Secretary of Foreign Affairs, Randall Field. Always organized, and impeccably tailored, the senior diplomat had proven himself a trusted advisor as Eitoan emerged from continental politics to manage the eddies and currents of the balance of power in Greater Dienstad. The two shared a brief, curt handshake per Eitoan etiquette, and Field took the seat to the right of the head of the table. Lingering behind Field, briefly inspecting the famed oil painting of The Coronation of Zachariah I, first king of Eitoan, Shrdlu’s Secretary of Industry and Trade, Loren Masters, extended a beefy hand to the President. After chatting a bit with The President, Masters took a seat to Field’s right. Secretary Fields introduced two earnest looking analysts from Foreign Affairs, a man and a woman in their 30s, who were greeted by the President, and who faced the two Secretaries across the table.

President Shrdlu sat down, and the other participants were seated. He cleared his throat and looked at Field. “Secretary Field, please, begin.”

Randall Field spoke up. “We want you to enjoy this visit to Midat. At this time, there aren’t many issues between us and the Tupiocans. Overall, we’ve gotten along well with King Harold. I believe Secretary Masters can fill us in on current trade, but there too there isn’t much that’s dramatic. But we do think this would be an opportunity to touch base with heads of state that don’t frequent our western continent. Apparently Greal will be sending some assistant in Foreign Affairs, and there will be a Prince from the RE. Our Havenic neighbors will be sending Karelminor nos Uirsantil, Chair of the Representative of Velstrania and High Lady of Domaine N'klaa, so that is significant. The PUF will be sending Queen Kaida Nanao of Aqua Anu, and I think you’ll be glad to know that Jimmy Kudo will be coming from Cartoonia.”

Shrdlu’s face lit up at the mention of Kubro’s name. His trip to Cartoonia moved relations with Federal Ralkovia forward significantly.

Field finished his presentation. “We advise sticking to small talk, and just enjoying the visit. Any top level visit with the Tupiocan court is welcome. Loren can brief you on cross border matters.”

“Thank you, Randy”. Loren Masters, sitting up stiffly began, peering over a report.

“Overall, Mr. President, there’s not a lot to cover, certainly not at a summit level. Border control is good, rail, road, air and river traffic going smoothly. As you know, the territorial Governors General handle a lot of the day to day border management. There are a couple of watershed management agreements coming up in the next couple of years, potable water flow and whatnot, but those have been going well, very few changes requested since King Harold’s accession. We have been working out reduction of motor carrier rates for produce imports lately, and that’s bound up with standardization of inspection and packaging with the Tupiocans. “

“The tomato trucking issue”, noted Shrdlu.

“Yes, tomatoes Mr. President. I don’t think you want to spend your time with King Harold discussing vegetables. But I will request an update from the border terroitories’ Agriculture Departments, just in case.”

The President cut him off. “So, overall, just relax and enjoy myself?”

Field smiled wanly. “Yes, Mr. President, enjoy yourself.”

“Yes. You and Mrs. Shrdlu have a good time in Midat”.

“Oh, I’m sure we will. Sounds like quite a wing ding. You know how King Harold likes to party! And you can rest assured, Ruth will keep me in line!”

Field chuckled. “You taking Michael?”

Shrdlu thought about it for a moment, then responded. “No, Mike’s too young. And I’m not sure a royal soiree is the right place for the President’s son. So I’m keeping Mike and Ben and Zoe here.

Randy, I want more detail on Karelminor. We appreciate them standing apart during the Ralkovian War, and I understand they are more open to trade than before. But they’ve had some beefs with The Golden Throne in the Regional Council, and we’ve got to tread lightly there. Still, if there’s any chance to do more business with them without stepping on toes at this get together, I need to know about it. ”

Joint Base Veclav
Runway 7,
Presidential Plane departure

It was a windy day, Ruth Shrdlu’s fine blonde hair flowing with the breeze. The President and Ruth gave strict instructions to Michael, and bade goodbye to him and twins Ben and Zoe. The security guard ushered the children back into the hangar, and Ephraim took up discussion with Secretary Field and Vice President Paula Koubek, and the Vice President’s Assistant for Domestic Affairs.

“Randy, before we go, please, touch base with the Navy again. I want clear guidance on what’s needed for the Inland Sea fleet before the requisition goes to the legislature. It will be the first think I take up when I get back.

Paula, continue working with both the Socialists and Civic Platform in the Ghastak on secondary boycott enforcement. I think we are close to a deal, but see if you can close this out. You’ve got some leverage with Civic Platform. The Socialists, well…”

The President waved off Koubek and Field, and headed to the plane with Ruth.

Once seated, she lit into him.

“Eph, you’ve got to back me up on Ben. You didn’t bear down on him last year, and he’s even worse in Dienstadi this year. For God’s sake, why don’t you listen to me? Sure, Mike’s fine, and Zoe’s always ahead of the class, but we can’t have Ben falling behind further.”

“Well, I’m doing what I can…”

“Do more! I’m damn tired to hearing about it from my sister Alice. What a bitch! I’ll tell you, if you don’t straighten up the boy, he’s really going to get it once you’re out of office! Is that what you want?”

“No, no, no. Al right. I’ll have a few words with him when we get home”.

“At the rate he’s going they’d better be monosyllables.”

Midat Airport

The short hop from Vladarsik to Midat was smooth. Ruth Shrdlu snoozed for most of the flight, to the relief of President Shrdlu. During the flight he reviewed recent Eitoan-Tupioca relations, which were traditionally friendly. His predecessors had sidestepped the Tupiocan Civil War, seen in Eitoan as “The Politest War”. Protocol had been followed, with entrapped forces on both sides surrendering their weapons at the border before admission into Eitoan. They were promptly repatriated after the end of hostilities. And since the rise of King Harold and the rebuilding of the Tupiocan economy trade was on the increase.

The President considered approaches to Karleminor. He decided to start with general discussions about trade, possibly as far as touching on an approach to reduction of duties and tariffs across the northern continent, exclusive of Regime Ralkovia. But he had no plans to bring up more heavy duty concerns, unless Madame Karleminor raised them.

Upon the announcement of descent to Midat, the party ordered a final round of beverages, the overwhelming choice being coffee, and engaged in small talk. Ruth, her spleen vented at the President earlier, was in a better mood, and was chatting away about her choice of gown for the gala. The atmosphere was light hearted.

The plane touched down, and taxied along a long runway. As it came to a stop, the President could see first an Honor Guard, with Lord Drungar at it’s head. Shrdlu was looking forward to meeting with King Harold and with the Grand Master. A military band came into view.

Ruth fidgeted with her hat. Ephriam straightened his tie. Donning their overcoats, security ushered them to the top of the stairs and preceded them. The Chief of Protocol followed up close behind, offering last minute advice to the President and his wife. The party seemed relaxed, and the aides trailing behind them had an air of familiarity as they disembarked.

At the bottom of the stairs, the party was met by their Tupiocan counterparts. Lord Drungar extended his hand to the President.

“President Shrdlu, Mrs. Shrdlu, King Harold sends his regards, and welcomes you to Tupioca”, Drungar exclaimed in Dienstadi.

Remembering to elongate the handshake, President Shrdlu responded in flat the flat tones of Eitoan Dienstadi “We are very glad to be here, and look forward to meeting the His Majesty” he proclaimed, shaking the nobleman’s hand vigorously for a minute and a half.

The party filed forward, coming to a stop at a point designate by Lord Dungar. The band struck up the Eitoan National Anthem “Song of Eitoan”.
Last edited by Eitoan on Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:12 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Fri Mar 12, 2021 5:44 pm

The Qoryx
Lord Drungar chuckled when he saw them exit the aircraft the way they were dressed. He was dressed in traditional northern Tupiocan nobleman's attire; a black and red kilt with a black sash across his left shoulder and a golden chain going from his right shoulder towards his left hip. His top was of fine silk and was embroidered with gold string.

"Welcome to the Grand Kingdom of Tupioca, his majesty King Seram is waiting in great anticipation of your arrival." Lord Drungar stroked his flaming red beard that had three braids in it held together with gold rings. The drive was simple enough, a Tupiocan attack helicopter flew just above the motorcade as they were escorted to the royal palace. Lord Drungar didn't say much he didn't really need too. The royal palace came into view soon enough and it's magnificence was other worldly. Lit up beautifully it appeared to have as many rooms as it did windows. However they were driven past the front entrance of the royal palace to what appeared to be a lavishly built mead hall. Not barbaric looking but traditional and rather large.

"Well we are here," Lord Drungar slid out of the vehicle he was in as two Crown Knights marched forward and opened the doors for the Imperial Princes; their faces hidden behind the helmet of their M90 armor. King Harold however was not as subtle and briskly walked over to the princes before giving an adequate bow and then hugging them both in a bear like embrace.

"Welcome welcome, your imperial highnesses. It is spectacular that you have managed to make it. Despite the massive cultural differences between our two great countries.." a brief cough from what appeared to be a second nobleman to King Harold's side straightened up the Kings explosive and contagious ecstatic behaviour.

"I deeply apologize your imperial highnesses. In the Kingdom, we express happiness and excitement through raw physical emotion. I will refrain from such behaviour with you two. Please though, come. Music is playing and their are many people inside who are more well mannered than myself. Lord Drungar return to the airport we have more guests to wine and dine." King Harold motioned with his hand for them to follow him. The nobleman from earlier looked much more sophisticated and educated in proper etiquette. Once inside the banquet "mead" hall a musical group was already playing and some of the members of the royal court were dancing. You could already tell who were the brawn of the court and who were the brains. King Harold was given a tray of mead horns and he turned to give it to the important members of the RE delegation.

"In Tupioca before you enter a mead hall you must drink from a mead horn. Normally it would be a giant ram's horn however I have been informed you are scared of what was it called...asslander germs. So I have arranged for you all to drink out of individual ram's horns." he simply held the tray up for them to each grab their own.

Eitoan

Lord Drungar after the handshake pulled in President Shrdlu for a warm embrace.

"Oh come 'ere you," he chuckled before releasing the President and motioning for them to follow them him to the motorcade.

"You Eitoans are always a timid bunch. Even when we were having our scrap down here you all took in everyone fleeing from the fighting. You even took in my own clansmen who were about to be massacred during the Winter Campaign. King Harold has even proclaimed yourselves the guests of honor. Our northern neighbors have done right by us ever since we unified and even before then." he followed them into the SUV as they drove off towards the Royal Palace.
Last edited by Tupioca on Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AHSCA
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Fri Mar 12, 2021 6:52 pm

In the interest if making it on time, Marcella decided it was best to charter a flight to Tupioca instead of trying to make the voyage by sea herself. As fun as that might be, she probably would miss the party or otherwise be very late. And well even if she was a bit tepid about going to this party she did accept and did reply and did get a friendly response back from the King so at this point it would be very rude to not attend indeed. She had saved her formal gown for when she'd arrive, otherwise she was dressed rather informally. It'd be easy to mistake her for some citizen, or tourist or something like that. There were a few who had already arrived just before her. She didn't recognize them, unfortunately. "Gee, I need to study up on our region more..." she thought inward to herself. Well, at least it wasn't awkward, like bumping into someone from Stevid. Who knows if they'd be here, really she shouldn't worry about it, they'd probably just keep out of each other's way. Of course little did she know that back home, the two old foes would be bumping heads again well that will be happening as the ball unfolds later on but right now she left her home as it was and all people had their places to be.

Her foreign officer was actually on a multi-nation meeting with some of AHSCA's close friends, nothing too major, but why is it Noir never seemed to be around when she needed her, and well this party was probably going to be a bit lonesome with no one else to really be with. Well the king did offer to be her escort. That was sweet of him, at least so how could she refuse especially considering neither nation yet had really made contact with each other. All in good time. Well now all that was left was to plant her feet and be firm and confident and say we are the UIS and we are a member of this region! "Yeah a member of this region! We are the UIS!" Wait, did she say that aloud or did she just think it? Oooh her cheeks were glowing now.

Cartoonia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 22, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Cartoonia » Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:52 pm

Tupioca wrote:Cartoonia

Electronic Letter:
To: Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo

I look forward to meeting you and your wife, Supreme Leader Kudo. Tupioca is will be honored by your visit. You do not need to get a hotel room, your wife and yourself may stay at the Royal Palace, I insist. Of course we will be able to speak during your stay. It is of the utmost importance that Tupioca look towards the future when interacting with the international community.

Sincerely and Cordially,
King Harold Seram

Telegram:
The Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs
3/3/2021

To His Majesty, King Harold of Tupioca,

Well, if you insist, we will gladly take on your offer to stay at the royal palace. I believe in high hopes for good proper relations between our two nations.

Sincerely,

A Douglas DC-3 airplane (retrofitted for speed and environment) flies over the seas of the Greater Dieanstad region of the world which serves as the Supreme Leader’s private plane. Supreme Leader Jimmy Kudo shines the brass and gold buttons on his military uniform that he plans to wear later tonight at the ball. Right now, he is wearing a regular suit that he usually wears. His wife, Rachel was putting on light makeup to freshen up. Jimmy sits on a chair with a desk nearby after finishing the button shining to read a telegram from the foreign affairs office.

“So, who do you think is attending?” Rachel asks his husband.

“What I have read, a few leaders from the region, some of which are our allies and friends. AHSCA is one of them, Estonia, Mokastana”.

“Ah, good to see familiar friends in new places”.

“Of course, and it was nice of his majesty to offer us a place to stay at the royal palace”.

“You did say you would just stay in a hotel”.

“Well, I didn’t want to intrude, but he insisted. But I’m not complaining”. With that, the plane begins its descent down on the airfield. The plane has landed and a few of the service members on the plane help get baggage to carry out onto a vehicle to the palace.
Chancellor Nigel Uno
Attorney General Conan Edogawa
Secretary of Foreign Affairs Raphtalia
Gran-General of the Army Eric Cartman
Gran-Admiral of the Navy Kagura Mikazuchi

The desk of the Democratic Republic of Cartoonia Department of Foreign Affairs.
Capitol: Gallagher
Current Civil State: Prosperous
Current Military Status: At Peace
Cartoonian-Dillydale Stock Exchange…...JWC -10.0%........CIS +1.1%......CEP +2.1%......SSA -6.1%......POC -5.1%......WDC -1.2%......ABC +2.4%......RMC -1.2%......MRE +1.7%......SSC +3.1%......FSC +2.0%......KTC -0.5%......SBC -4.2%......KKF -5.3%

Greal
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Greal » Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:49 pm

MOFA Official Transport, Tupioca airspace

"We'll be landing very shortly.", The plane intercom was unneeded of course for Vice Minister Joseph Thomsen. He had plenty of experience with being able to tell with a plane going in for a landing from all his numerous diplomatic travels. He mentally reviewed his host's country details once more through his head. Thankfully Thomsen was fluent in 8 different languages including Dienstadi so he wasn't concerned about having to use a translator. Glancing out the plane window at Tupioca, noted that the climate already seemed far better than his hometown of Womer which was humid and cool from being on the coast of Greal. He pondered briefly on the local meals and hoped that they weren't a country that liberally applied oil to their foods.

"It's showtime." Thomsen said to everyone else in the room as the plane touched down. Behringer gave a brief look of disdain at his announcement and glanced at the surroundings.

"It looks like an airport for sure." said Behringer rolling her eyes, "Are you sure we're at the right place? Maybe they flew us to Gruntia and forgot us. The trees even look like it." She still was still sipping that same glass of whiskey.

"Try not to trip over yourself Miss Behringer." Thomsen was decidedly amused and continued, "They're rolling out the red carpet treatment for us and it wouldn't do for a member of the delegation to look like they've been dragged awake."

"Whatever. They can bill me."

Thomsen frowned and briefly considered using some undiplomatic choice of words but refrained, he instead turned to the trade rep, "Mr. Sammers, could you kindly not look like you're about to faint and gather yourself, man?" Sammers bolted upright startled like a cat, and then nodded hesitantly as a reply.

The plane slowly made it's way to the stop and finally halted. Thomsen's assistant/bodyguard Ben came into the room and said, "The Tupiocans have a welcome committee for us. Also shortly after all the diplomatic greetings we'll be transported away. The Greali office here has also sent their lead guy here."

"Alright, thank you Ben." Thomsen reviewed his troops. Sammers straightened up in his tweed jacket and looked almost half ready. Behringer glared at the surroundings and almost looked like she was planning a winter war campaign. Ben stood stoically in an at-ease position. His daughter Jane was texting her friends as usual. He mentally frowned and promptly left the plane after making sure his dark gray suit was in order. One Greali diplomatic aide was already on the ground discussing with his Tupiocan counterpart while gesturing at the plane cargo which had a crate of whiskey. This will be fun, Thomsen told himself.
Last edited by Greal on Mon Mar 15, 2021 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mokastana
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:06 pm

Tupiocan Royal Ball

The Federation's representatives had arrived, poised for the appropriate pictures, and finally arrived at the main event. Foreign Minister Elizabeth Franshaw-Serain wore a traditional charcoal business suit with a skirt, her red hair tied up in a bun. Next to Elizabeth stood her husband, Raji Suraksha-Franshaw-Serain. As with most Marshite individuals, Raji was female presenting, with short hair and a beautiful green ball gown. Formerly Elizabeth's bodyguard, Raji and Elizabeth had, much to Elizabeth's own surprise, fallen for each other after an attempted assassination wounded Raji.

Next to Elizabeth and her husband, stood Queen Kaida Nanao. Her chestnut brown hair had been done up, with light blue carnations in the sides, a symbol of her Queendom of Aqua Anu. Technically, Kaida Nanao had been born in AHSCA, not Aqua Anu, but she shared a distant relation with the Duchess of AHSCA. When the Anuien People demanded the return of a crown, there was no better family suited for the role than the Nanaos.

Now at 19, Kaida realized what it meant to represent her people abroad. Physically, she was perfect: two years in the Federal military had her in peak physical condition, while her dark blue Kimono was, quite literally, made for a Queen. Hand crafted patterns and five full crests of the Anuien sigil adorned her outfit. As for mentally: behind her calm demeanor she was internally freaking out as the real weight of her duty became clear. Aqua Anu's power in the Federation was always fuzzy, something her predecessors took advantage of in international events. Would the Federal Foreign Minister attempt to put Kaida in her place? Or leave her to make a fool of herself in front of the literal world? Back home, she knew who her allies were, here… she was alone.

Elizabeth was pointing out her counterparts to Kaida, such as Vice Minister Joseph Thomsen, President Shrdlu, a few representatives she didn't recognize but appeared to be from the RE, when Kaida saw the representative from her birth home, AHSCA. Wait, was that Marcella Villa, was Marcella representing the UIS now? Unsure of proper protocol, Kaida waved to her distant cousin, hoping not to seem too confused about what to do here.
Last edited by Mokastana on Wed Mar 17, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
-Zaheran

The fact that the Mokans hadn't faced the same fate was a testament to their preparedness, or perhaps paranoia
-United Gordonopia

We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:38 pm

AHSCA

The Duchess's plane would be directed into the airport with relative ease, Tupioca boasted one of the safest and easiest airports to land in the Greater Dienstad. Once the aircraft had landed and taxied to the proper location on the tarmac a full honor guard awaited her along with Lady Melisandre; the king did not want a male escort for a single female guest. The national and local news agencies were all present snapping pictures; but no barrage of questions it was respectable. Pleasantries were exchanged and the Duchess was escorted to the motorcade. Melisandre sat across Marcella and waited for any questions she may have before they arrived at the Royal Palace.

Cartoonia

Supreme Leader Kudo and his entourage would be received by the same honor guard and noble as everyone arriving for the ball. Of course their escort was Lord Nimal; a shrewd looking man who hunched down at the neck and looked more like a banker would than a nobleman. Never the less, the Cartoonians were received and escorted to the motorcade.

"I hope the flight was well your excellence, welcome to the Grand Kingdom." Lord Nimal shuffled beside Kudo barraging the poor man with boring conversation all the way to the Royal Palace. Once they arrived they did not go directly to where the ball was being held but taken to the Royal Palace proper.

"We are here, the servants will take your belongings and you will follow them to your rooms. These fine men here are Crown Knights they will be at your disposal while you are guests here in the Kingdom. Now I shall wait for you here while you go freshen up and settle in. No need to rush, Tupiocan balls last weeks sometimes even months." Lord Nimal bowed as the Cartoonians were ushered away.

Greal

As the Greali were disembarking from the aircraft the Crown Knights snapped to attention as the Tupiocan nobility approached Thomsen after passing the Greali aide off to someone who actually cared. She extended her hand with a big smile on her face.

"I am Lord Bjor, I know a woman calling herself Lord? Don't think to much into, I don't. Welcome to the Grand Kingdom of Tupioca, I do hope the flight was not uneventful?" she gestured for them to follow her to the motorcade exchanging pleasantries and the such. She had bright red hair and piercing green eyes, broad in the shoulders but not too much, built like a tank would be a much better description but not to the point detracting from her feminine beauty; Lord Bjor also stood at six foot three inches.

Mokastana

King Harold spotting the Mokastanians slipped away from the delightfully dreadful Arvolken smiling a bit as he approached Queen Nanao and Elizabeth. Pointing over his shoulder at the RE Delegation.

"Don't tell them but I totally set them up for a good laugh. Welcome to the event, I do hope you will enjoy yourselves. The Imperial Princes are most likely going to enjoy themselves so you should too." he extended his hand to either of them who would take it first then held up his hands.

"Do not tell me who you are, I took time to learn all of my guests attending, you are....Elizabeth Franshaw, you are Rajite..Franshaw, and you are Queen Nanao." he hesitated a little bit with Raji's name a bit but smiled none the less. His demeanor was festive and borderline childlike which was in stark contrast to his physical features; several scars went down his face and his eyes seemed distant. A servant walked up holding a very large mead horn and King Seram looked ecstatic.

"Ah yes the mead horn, like I was telling the princlings. It is tradition to drink from a mead or ale horn before entering the mead hall. Signifies trust between the host and guest." King Harold chuckled a bit as he offered the horn to Queen Nanao first; simply because Royalty is prioritized over "common" positions of authority.

AHSCA
Negotiator

Democratic Socialists

Postby AHSCA » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Marcella's moment of embarrassment (maybe, again she wasn't sure if anyone actually heard her little outburst psyche up) faded away as her eyes darted over to someone else coming out the breezeway. She wasn't sure who she was but she actually had a bit of a familiar face. But did she know her? Surely she wasn't from home though she had some features of an islander to her, her skin a slight shade of tan, then again plenty of places had that, her features...She looked oddly familiar. But her attempts to see if she could put a name to the face were short lived because her own name was being called by someone, which turned into multiple someones as members of the press quickly began to snap pictures. She blushed a little, it was a bit surprising for a first time visit and being dressed quite casually to boot that anyone was recognizing her at all here. But she gave a small wave and smile and kept walking. They just seemed to be calling her to get her to look at their cameras so might as well give them what they need and move along. At the end, she was greeted by a fairly impressive entourage, a woman named Melisandre greeted her.

"Pleasure is mine, Miss." Marcella greeted back, still a bit overwhelmed by all the attention. "Thanks again for the escort. I know I'm pretty small potatoes compared to some of the others who will surely be in attendance tonight. I imagine I'll have a chance to change. I'd feel a bit odd going to such a formal event dressed so casually." Well could always be worse, she could be in swimwear but even Marcella had sense enough to not show up to another country in nothing but that! She chuckled sort of guessing her own question. "What am I saying, of course you will!" I mean some world leaders had their own personal jets that were flying fortresses, Marcella had a little sailboat she called her own and that was it.

Mokastana
Ambassador

Democratic Socialists

Postby Mokastana » Wed Mar 24, 2021 8:08 am

Queen Nanao saw Marcella's confusion and was planning on approaching her when Marcella suddenly got swarmed by the press, and a stranger approached Kaida and Elizabeth. It was King Harold himself. It made sense that Royalty would greet royalty, but Kaida did her best to hide her nerves. It was only mildly successful.

"Don't tell them but I totally set them up for a good laugh. Welcome to the event, I do hope you will enjoy yourselves. The Imperial Princes are most likely going to enjoy themselves so you should too."

Elizabeth Franshaw shook his hand first, followed by Kaida before he interrupted something Elizabeth was about to say.

"Do not tell me who you are, I took time to learn all of my guests attending, you are....Elizabeth Franshaw, you are Rajite..Franshaw, and you are Queen Nanao."

Elizabeth smiled, and responded playfully, "That's us, although my husband's name is Raji, but he's a forgiving soul." Raji performed a small curtsy to the King, letting his wife speak on his behalf. "And you are King Harold Seram, if I'm not mistaken. It is a pleasure."

Kaida also smiled, how was she supposed to greet an equal? Were they even equals? Sure, she was a queen of a Constitutional Queendom, but Aqua Anu had surrendered its sovereignty before Kaida had even been born. She struggled to remember the exact powers the King of Tupioca had. "It is a pleasure to meet you, King Harold" she said, a little blush from her first diplomatic encounter.

The king seemed like a friendly fellow, but Kaida recognized the scars and the distant look to his eyes. It reminded her of her advisors Marina Sofia, and Dutch Marie Payton, both who had witnessed the Unification War of AHSCA. Friendly and caring, but because they had witnessed how horrible things could really be.

The look wasn't lost on Elizabeth either. Although she was born just after the Political Wars and Mokan unification, she remembered the looks in the eyes of Veterans when they handed out candy to the kids. All smiles and cheer, but never entirely focused on the present.

"Ah yes the mead horn, like I was telling the princlings. It is tradition to drink from a mead or ale horn before entering the mead hall. Signifies trust between the host and guest."

Queen Nanao looked at the mead horn offered to her, then glanced at Elizabeth who merely gave her a slight nod. "I don't think I've had mead before. I'm sorry if I don't like it, but I'll try it. To diplomacy!"

Queen Nanao took a sip of the liquid. It was unexpectedly sweet. It was certainly palatable, besides, who else could claim their first alcoholic beverage was given to them by a King?

"Your turn for a drink, I assume?" She asked the King.
Factbook
Montana Inc

Quotes about Mokastana:
-Zaheran

-United Gordonopia

We love you for it.
-The Scandinvans

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:26 am

AHSCA
Lady Melisandre smiled and held up her hand,

"There is no need to thank me, simply carrying out the orders of King Harold. His Majesty does not think you are a small potato compared to anyone else here, you should not reduce yourself that way. It is unbecoming of a world leader, find your inner strength and His Majesty will respect you. You will be given the opportunity to change if you wish to change before I escort you to the ball. First we will arrive at the Royal Palace and I shall show you to your lodgings," the drive was uneventful for the most part with the standard amount of conversation. Upon arriving to the Royal Palace, Lady Melisandre escorted Marcella to her room which might as well be the size of an executive suite; it was very spacious.

"I will return momentarily to see if you are ready to proceed to the ball, push this button if you need anything before I return." she pointed to a small red button next to the light switch before giving a bow and excusing herself from the room.

Mokastana

King Harold didn't get too flustered over mispronouncing Elizabeth's husbands name, but did give an apologetic look at Raji after he was corrected.

"Yes indeed, in the flesh. I hope in the flesh at least, would be quite a scare if I was a ghost wouldn't it?" chuckling he looked at Queen Kaida as he took the mead horn and passed it to Elizabeth and Raji.

"You will come to like the taste of mead, if you do like it I will send some cases of it home with you when the ball is over...if there is any left that is. We Tupiocans love drinking mead, ale, and anything else under the sun and moon that gets us in a festive mood. To hell with diplomacy, drink to friendship" his smile grew ever bigger for a split second before continuing.

"You look a little lost your highness, first time interacting with another monarch or nobility outside of your country?" he directed this towards Queen Kaida.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents