NATION

PASSWORD

CCA Modern News Thread [Canon|IC]

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Zamastan
Envoy

Founded: Sep 19, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Zamastan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:08 pm

THE TOFINO TIMES

Home · Zamastan · Euronia · International · Politics · Business · Technology and Science · Arts · Education · Health · Sports · Weather
SENATOR HUDSON UNVEILS RESOLUTION TO END AIRSTRIKES

Senator Leonard Hudson (GLP - Cayenne 2)

TOFINO - Senator Leonard Hudson, member of the Green Liberal Party representing Cayenne's 2nd district, introduced a resolution in Congressional Hall that will go to a vote this weekend with the intention to end the ongoing airstrikes against Armbar regime forces in West Chanchajilla. On the floor, he bashed President Moreau and Conservative Party lawmakers who have overwhelmingly supported the strikes, with some going as far to say Zamastanian soldiers should be involved in direct ground combat operations.

Hudson emphasized, along with support from Senator Ralphie McCarthy (GLP - Titania), that the airstrikes have likely caused dozens, if not hundreds, of civilian casualties. A report from the Zamastanian Intelligence Service two days ago stated that "several citizens have been unintentionally killed in military airstrikes that, while succeeding in dismantling key infrastructure targets and neutralizing important regime commanders, have resulted in collateral damage." Senator Hudson led the arguments on the floor of the senate, where lawmakers have been discussing, among other topics, the legality of the President's ability to wage extensive strikes without congressional approval.

"Presidents have conducted strikes before," Hudson stated in his proposal, "just look at President Sakzi with justafiable attacks against al-Fijar in Jaginistan. Or President Castovia, both of them, in Vulkaria against clear targets. So here's the difference. In those instances, Zamastanians died. Zamastanians were maimed. It was against non-state actors. This time, the justification is that West Chanchajilla fired on us. But, we retaliated. We prevented harm to our citizens. And yes, Frederick Armbar is a terrible man and I can't wait to see his regime fall. But Zamastan can not be a part of a war that isn't ours."

Hudson was referring to airstrikes President Foley Sakzi conducted in Jaginistan during April of 2020, following a bombing by al-Fijar in Tregueux that killed 38 people at the city's central metro station. As well as multiple strikes by President Zacharias Castovia and his father President Cassious Castovia against Malvarian Liberation Front targets in Vulkaria, the practice of retaliatory strikes is not new to Zamastanian leaders. The difference now, according to Hudson, is that Zamastan was able to prevent casualties and damage of any kind when Armbar's militias fired rockets towards Foreman City and the Alanis-Emerald corridor several weeks ago.

The arguments come several days after Zamastanian forces hit Armbar's compound in the capital city of Ivora, killing dozens of Armbar's men, including his Minister of Economics and several top military aides, but also resulted in several civilians being killed. East Chanchajillan forces have advanced further towards the capital, with their forces capturing the city of Treviso and its unstable nuclear facility. The West's second largest city, Vicalvi, is currently being besieged by Eastern forces. Experts say the capture of that city will be the final obstacle before the Eastern forces are able to advance directly on the city of Ivora. That hasn't stopped Zamastanian airstrikes from hitting more than a dozen targets in and around the capital each day.

Senator Hudson also went after President Moreau, claiming that he was "expressing no warrant or regard for the wider idea of the humanitarian mission he claims to be on." These comments caused many Conservative party lawmakers to stand and boo Hudson, with nearly all Bloc Mayotte members leaving the chamber. The division amongst party lines on the use of airstrikes has been exemplified in recent weeks with partisan displays of retaliation against the others, such as walkouts and shouting.

Senator Hudson's resolution goes to a vote on Saturday, but many worry that the conflict will have either escalated or stalled by that point, as the rapid speed in which the Eastern forces have swept through the country have surprised most experts.

LOUISE MOUNTAINS AVALANCE HITS RESORT, AT LEAST 7 KILLED

Seven skiers were killed, four others rescued, and one still missing after an avalanche Wednesday in a backcountry ski resort area near Orilian, police said. The Unified Police Department of Orilian received a hang-up call around 11:40 a.m. Wednesday, and then received a report that there had been an avalanche in the Darten Basin area with dozens of people trapped. Two groups of skiers, one group of five and another of seven, began skiing on the mountain at the same time and authorities think the avalanche was caused by the group skiing, Sheriff Baumart said.
"Four of those skiers were able to dig their way out," Baumart said. "All seven of the remaining are deceased, with the exception of one more male who is still missing."

The skiers range in age from early 20s to late 30s, according to Baumart. A rescue service was called to transport the survivors out of the area, and a flyover was being conducted to determine whether it is safe for rescuers to remove the deceased tonight, Baumart said. The location where the avalanche occurred is a "very popular backcountry ski area," Baumart told the Tofino Times, adding that it has "been under very high-risk avalanche conditions recently."

Darten Basin is by Mudcreek Canyon, about 40 kilometers southeast of Orilian. The Province of Pahl Avalanche Center said in a social media post on Wednesday morning that there were "dangerous avalanche conditions." There have been a string of deaths in avalanches so far in 2021, with 16 total deaths. The total has already exceeded the death toll in 2020, although the 2019 season still remains the most deadly on record because of avalanches caused on Grouse Mountain and Mount Qira in Zian during the Coastal Valley Earthquake. Those avalanches in 2019 killed a total of 102 people.

Image Comments [63,429] | Image E-mail
©TOFINOTIMES 2021

Image 63,429 comments

TOFINO TIMES HEADLINES
  • Hundreds dead in East Chanchajillan rocket attacks
  • Quetana raises the QCV Hesker four years after sinking
  • Speaker Chastain signals readiness to forward abortion reform bill
  • Tofino Whitecaps Win Eighth Teal Cup.
  • OPINION: Larious Maxwell's behavior should've been addressed earlier
ZAMASTAN
Founder | Cartographer | WA Delegate
Coalition of Crown Albatross

Jerku
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

The United Jerku News

Postby Jerku » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:10 am

Main News
Diplomatic Creation
President Mitchell Wershall II will be attending a diplomatic meeting with Besmenia as their 19th Presidential Election is arriving, The President said that:
As the first president to reunify the country, establishing a diplomatic tie with country is the very first thing that comes to many people's minds, mine is no different.

Alecburgh Worries
As the recent news of Alecburgh release, the people in Jerku raises questions once more, as Queen Diana claims over the ultimate rules of the country, the Jerkuan Foreign Ministry is questioning whether to start or delay a diplomatic meeting with Alecburgh.
Others News
The Ballad of Jorge Returns
One of the second most famous video games series of Jerku, The Ballad of Jorge, will return with a new part in the series, facing giants ants and moth, will Jorge survive? It's up to you!

Utobania
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 15, 2020
Capitalizt

Postby Utobania » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:21 pm

Autrataya And Asamandia Times

Utobania Chancellor Delays SCB Visit After Alecburghian Spat

Chancellor Kennedy Telgado is delaying her planned trip to Saint Croix and Bens after the Alecburghian monarchy dissolved absolute rule and a wave of worry over possible political violence is ramped up by multiple intelligence agencies.

Chancellor Telgado was due to fly to Saint Elmenau on Thursday to meet President William Urskabau.

But her office said authorities in SCB held off granting permission to use its airspace for several hours.

The move "apparently stemmed" from credible security threats.

Ms Telgado's office said there was "a dispute over security and safety arrangements upon arrival in Saint Croix and Bens".

Unrest in Alecburgh has been extensive over the past month, with Queen Diana establishing herself as an absolute monarch after dissolving her government and ridding away her former Prime Minister, Benjamin Warren.

Dozens of citizens have been killed in protests. The Queen dissolved her own absolute rule days ago, but ongoing tensions remain.

Especially surrounding uncertain results of the declaration of independence by the state of Mandalay, Utobanian authorities have warned against travel to Alecburgh, citing "heightened risks to safety."

Constantio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Constantio » Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:33 pm

NORASA FEDERAL

Home · Syraranto · Nortua · International · Politics · Business · Technology and Science · Arts · Education · Health · Sports · Weather

CEASEFIRE AGREEMENT REACHED IN PEACETALKS

The government is set to oversee a resolution reached by representatives of the Tasoulas government and rebel factions in the resumed Vuswistan peace talks

Tyrnatini, Vuswistan - The government of Constantio today announced a landmark breakthrough in ongoing peace talks between rebels and the Tasoulas regime in Syraranto, as delegates meet in Tyrnatini, Vuswistan. Delegates agreed to a temporary 3-week ceasefire, set to end on April 1st but with an ability to be reinstated if parties agree. The temporary ceasefire will allow for medical care and humanitarian aid to reach each side, from the regime forces to rebel fighters to the civilians caught in the middle of the nearly year-long conflict.

The agreement was reached after nearly a week of discussion, in which rebels suggested multiple times that Tasoulas resign and step down as president, to which the regime not surprisingly rejected. The regime suggested that rebels surrender, with land reclaimed by the government and a clearing of sentences for rebels with the stipulation of identification markers for former fighters, to which the rebel representatives also refused.

Delegates, representing the governments of Vuswistan, Constantio, Siniapore, and Zamastan, were able to broker a temporary ceasefire. The ceasefire goes into effect immediately and will retire on April 1st, in which case representatives will be pressured to renew additional ceasefire treaties. Experts have stated that although the ceasefire will not necessarily lead to lasting peace, it is at least a step towards a stall in fighting.

Syrarantoan government officials originally tossed the idea aside, with their disagreement coming from their placement with Zamastanian officials, who have routinely labeled the government as being human-rights abusers. The Constantio government has made similar remarks, but the Blanian and Moreau administrations have both stated that the rebel forces have also committed atrocities during the war. The Coalition of Crown Albatross Human Rights Observatory estimates that nearly 400,000 people have been killed in under a year of fighting, making the war the most deadly in the world since the World War by far.

Image Comments [ 12251 ] | Image E-mail

© Constantio Media 2021

Janapa
Secretary

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Janapa » Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:42 pm

JANWARKAN COASTAL

Martin Turnquest has resigned as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance.

In a statement, Mr Turnquest hit out at the “unfounded and untrue claims” against him and said he would continue to serve as the Member of Parliament for Janapa.

The move comes after a statement of claim filed in the Supreme Court last week claimed Mr Turnquest and his Sky Janapa business partner “dishonestly caused” Alpha Aviation and Advanced Aviation to “pay away” $20.68m and $5.917m respectively to the airline via “some kind of bogus loans”. Mr Turnquest is not listed as a defendant in the lawsuit.

“It has been my great honour and privilege to serve my country in public office,” Mr Turnquest's statement said. “I have done so with total fidelity and adherence to the tenets of our democracy and the Westminster conventions by which we are guided.”

“As consequence of all the unfounded and untrue claims that that have been circulating in the mainstream press as well as in social media, to protect my family, and in the best interest of my Constituency and my Party, I have offered my resignation as Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Finance to the President with immediate effect.

“I will continue to serve out the term of my election as the Member of Parliament for Janapa for whose prayers and support, I continue to be most humble and grateful.

“My focus as Minister of Finance has been to deepen our democracy by enacting legislation that reformed and modernized the management of our economy and the public's finances. I am confident in the team of young men and women at the Ministry of Finance who will continue that work.

“When I met with the President today I informed him that while I am confident that once the allegations against me has been fully ventilated through the courts my reputation of transparency and accountability will be vindicated, I did not want a private business dispute, which occurred prior to my taking public office, to become a distraction to the Government, or to the important national work that lies ahead.

“Our nation is undergoing an unprecedented time in its history. We are fighting a global pandemic, resulting in unprecedented economic challenges and a difficult road ahead to maintain stability and recovery. We must all continue to commit to doing our part.

“I look forward to putting this matter behind me and continuing to encourage modernization and reform in our country to which, I remain so grateful for allowing me to serve.

“At an appropriate time, I will have more formal comments to make in regards to the circumstances of the allegations made against me and the actors that have perpetuated it.”

Jerku
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerku » Sun Mar 14, 2021 7:52 am

THE KOKUHAKI TIMES

ANNIVERSARY OF THE CREATION OF THE FREE JERKU RESISTANCE

THE Free Jerku Resistance was a force consisted of 25,650 men, the last remnants of the Republic of Jerku's Armed Forces, with great odds and an unlikely alliance with the New Revolutionary of Jerku, they took back and liberated Jerku, many of their stories inspired many revolution against great enemies. As an anniversary, 13th March, 2020, the Reorganized Jerku's Ground Force marched in both New Johr and Kokuhaki, accompanied by the Mechanized Army and Air Forces to celebrate the 12th Tank Division in 1949, a division with nothing but worn out tanks successfully held Kokuhaki for 3 months and the New Johr Airlift, 15 different Air Squadron in 1951 ran one of the most prominent supplies line using only planes as well as fighter.

The President held a speech on the streets, with the attendance of almost 100,000 people, they talked about the great accomplishments of the Resistance as well as the cooperation of the people despite the ideological differences. At the end of the speech, he held up the flag of an old Resistance Flag sayings:"Let's do what our ancestors wanted us to do! Keep our independence and grow it!"

THE PRESIDENT VIEW ON THE IEARTH CURRENT SITUATION
The President Mitchell Wershall II, facing an election in the upcoming week, looks back to the world current state.

As the Alecburgh continue to show strong force in many political ideas, the President did his best to try to calm the situation and meeting with the Queen, the President was eager to meet Queen Diana after visiting Besmania, Mitchell gave his order to try and ease the situation as quick as possible to meet with the Queen.

Zamastan, an old enemy, as democracy rose in Jerku, the President immediately looks at the old enemy with a different view, a far better and optimistic view. As Zamastan depicted as the "Giant" in many Jerkuan eyes, they know that if Zamastan democracy work, Jerkuan democracy will.

OTHERS NEWS
A woman in Tai-Me found way to avoid radioactive waste in what used to a nuclear weapons test site.
The return of the series "The Ballad of Jorge" received positive feedback after releasing beta.
The way Ladu, Kokuhaki handle the large population in one city.
OPINION: "It's not like anarchism again, it just an election mess!" said politicians.

Besmenien
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 02, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Besmenien » Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:31 am

Today's Besmenia

2021 Besmenian presidential election

The 2021 Besmenian presidential election took place today on March the 14th. Eligible citizens were able to vote for their candidate between 8 AM and 6 PM. It is the first presidential election in which young people aged 16 and over were allowed to vote. It is also the first presidential election in Besmenia since 1997 in which a candidate did not have a majority. The Federal Chamber therefore announced a second ballot for March 21, 2021. Therefore, Sebastian Bergmann and Vincent von Schilling will run as candidates in the second ballot.

Candidate results
Sebastian Bergmann (GPB) = 17,889,446 votes
Vincent von Schilling (BVP) = 15,097,178 votes
Marie Ledermann (SDU) = 5,821,169 votes
Hans-Peter Göhring (FBBP) = 4,969,260 votes
Wilfried Wetzstein (PBL) = 1,987,716 votes
Georg Säcker (Indepentdent) = 1,419,797 votes
Invalid votes = 141,979 votes

© Today's Besmenia 2021

Last edited by Besmenien on Sun Mar 14, 2021 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vuswistan
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 05, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Vuswistan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 2:51 pm

VUSWISTAN BROADCAST SERVICE

"CEASEFIRE IS BEING HONORED BY ALL PARTIES" SAYS PEACE TALK MODERATOR

Tyrnatini, Vuswistan – A survey and investigation by Vuswistani moderator Sirvan Guttaan concluded that as of Sunday, March 14th, the ceasefire that was put in place by the Tyrnatini peace talks is being "maintained and honored by all parties so far, which is a promising sign for future prospects of a lasting peace."

Guttaan stated in his observations that, with the exception of a minor clash near Tirikan on Saturday, "all parties have been following the guidelines of the ceasefire."

"We have had only limited and unconnected sprats of violence, but since the implementation of the ceasefire, major clashes have basically halted." Guttaan said in a press release, "this is significant because it marks the first time since the summer of 2020 that there has been no widescale fighting or offensive operations."

The ceasefire has allowed for humanitarian aid and medical assistance to reach besieged cities. Over 400,000 people have been killed in intensive fighting since the conflict began. A humanitarian crisis has been unfolding in the form of mass refugee flows escaping the battle torn Syraranto, crossing the borders of Constantio and North Icadania in huge numbers that have overwhelmed capacities to respond to the migrants.

Additional worries are the spread of diseases in populations who have lost access to clean drinking water and sanitation services due to destroyed infrastructure. Nearly 20% of infrastructure in the country has been damaged or destroyed, according to analysis from the Coalition of Crown Albatross.

Beleroskov
Secretary

Founded: Sep 29, 2020

Postby Beleroskov » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:26 pm

DELOVOY KOYEVKA
BELEROSKOV TROOPS TO BE STATIONED AT ZALLUABED BASE ALONGSIDE DRAMBENBURGIANS

President Nikolai Ubotrov of the Federation of Beleroskov announced that the government and the Kingdom of Zalluabed, along with agreements from the Holy Empire of Drambenburg, have concluded an arrangement that establishes a Beleroskovian military presence in Zakaraban, the only Beleroskovian military position in Adula and the first of its kind since the end of the Cold War in 1997.

"To further strengthen the relations of the Trans-Toyana Prosper Alliance," Ubotrov said, "we have agreed to expansion with bilateral agreement of mutual defense with our amazing allies."

The plan to integrate Beleroskovian troops to the Zakaraban facility will include 9,000 soldiers and two destroyers which will remain docked in Zakaraban harbor. Additionally, there will be 10 fighter jets and two supersonic bombers located at the site.

Nebetia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 24, 2020

Postby Nebetia » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:57 pm

NNCNEBETIA
President Highland To Meet With President Moreau of Zamastan on Tuesday

President Brett Highland will travel to Tofino, Zamastan, for a state visit with President Atticus Moreau this week. It is Highland's fourth tie traveling to Zamastan, but it will be his first one-on-one summit with the president of the world's largest democracy.

The topic of conversation will certainly focus on Highland's controversial presidency, especially in regards to the recent implementation of heightened security with the absolution of Queen Diana's rule in Alecburgh.

Highland is reportedly "extremely eager to meet President Moreau," according to a spokesperson for the administration, as Highland sees Moreau as a "consequential and inspiring political figure."

Moreau has been embroiled in his own controversies, especially in the wake of recent airstrikes against West Chanchajilla. However, Moreau still has major support internationally and especially in Nebetia.

Highland has praised Moreau extensively in the past and continues to support the president through his ongoing controversy with the use of airstrikes against the Frederick Armbar regime.

Highland has also supported Moreau through other trials, such as the independence of three of Zamastan's largest provinces at the end of 2020 and through the president's scandal regarding taxes prior to his administration.

The state visit will consist of a dinner and a summit, including a joint press conference. Highland and his attaché will also visit the Nebetian embassy, the World War monument and museums, and will visit the base of Grouse Mountain.

Kossmil
Attaché

Founded: Jan 24, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kossmil » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:33 pm

THE KOSSMIL PAPER

TERRORIST ATTACKS IN THE DABATTA METRO

Date- 15 March 2021

A tragedy happened today with the recent news that 50 people lost their lives in a suspected terrorist attacks in the metro system of Dabatta, 150 people were also injured in the bombings and are currently being treated. The police are now investigating on who behind this horrible crime against humanity, some suspected to be caused by a suicide bombers, some say it could be by unknown packages that was left on the trains. The police made a statement today that “We will not disclose the information so far until the investigation is completed. But will not give up until we know who is behind this” The metro stations that are affected are currently closed until the investigation is completed and then the affected stations will start to be repaired.

A statement is being made today by President Kuznetsov, and it is very different from his usual statements as he is always cool headed but now he has anger in his eyes. With this statement he said in rage “I’m absolutely furious, that these monsters have brought harm to our people and disturbed the peace of our nation. These victims have families and they will never see them again, I will bring justice to the people and we will stand in unity with the families of victims and the families of those who are currently being treated, we will lower the flag at half-mast. If these ‘terrorists’ are watching right now hear my warning, we will track you down and we will send you all down to hell where you belong. It is not a threat, it is a promise, we Kossmilian will not cower in fear, we will deliver shift justice.”

The people across Kossmil lit some candles as a sign of respect and unity in this dark time, with some people singing the Kossmil national anthem as the national anthem song is about unity through the struggles that the people face everyday before the reunification of Kossmil.
Last edited by Kossmil on Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Emmiria
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 06, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Emmiria » Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:56 pm

RHAGA TRIBUNE
Sulaiman Extends Condolences Following Kossmil Terror Attack
Upwards of 50 People have been Killed in a Terror Attack in the Capital of Dabatta

RHAGA - President Akram Sulaiman issued a statement of condolences and regret to the Republic of Kossmil following a devastating terror attack in the capital city of Dabatta that killed upwards of 50 people. Emmirians were not harmed in the attack, according to the Foreign Affairs Ministry, but there were reportedly a family of tourists near the attack on a metro train who were rescued by Kossmil authorities.

President Sulaiman called President Kuznetsov to extend his condolences and stated that the Islamic Republic of Emmiria would be offering all of its resources to help in recovery efforts.

"We stand with our allies in Kossmil today," Sulaiman said in a statement, "and we stand against terrorism against the innocent. We in Emmiria know terror, and we know that it never achieves its goal as long as peace and justice and the goodness of people prevail."

Image Comments [ 9,069 ] | Image E-mail
© GOVERNMENT THE ISLAMIC REPUBLIC OF EMMIRIA 2021
LORE ADVISOR for the COALITION OF CROWN ALBATROSS
Islamic Republic of Emmiria

Peace :)

Spend my whole life searching
In the heart of sorrow there is a seed of joy.

Karabakhi
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 04, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Karabakhi » Mon Mar 15, 2021 3:17 pm

KARABAKHI NEWS
Flood Recovery Efforts Continue to be Hampered After Weeks of Dangerous Rains

Over a month after monsoon rains brought torrential destruction to low-lying areas across the archipelago, Karabakhi authorities continue to persist in the recovery efforts although rain continues likewise.

Recovery efforts for stranded residents have been hampered by more rain and storm systems moving east from Birnir. At least a dozen people have been killed since the storm system began in February, making way for a rare late winter storm.

Heavy flooding in the capital this week has killed 15 people, driven thousands from their homes and paralyzed the sprawling city – and officials are warning that more water is on its way.

Caused by unusually strong monsoon rains, the flood waters – often carrying trash and human waste – have inundated the city’s central business district, closed schools and offices, and entered the presidential palace.

With around 95,000 people affected in different areas of the city, authorities have declared a state of emergency to allow use of national funds and other resources. About 19,000 people have relocated from the worst affected districts to safer areas.

Amid about a foot of water, workers scrambled Friday to clean up the mess near where a dike had burst a day earlier, flooding the central business district.

Soldiers heaped sandbags on a railroad line to form a makeshift defense close to the dike.

The situation in the central district appeared to be improving, but some of the worst-hit areas of the country remained under water, with more flooding expected to arrive over the course of the day.
FEBRUARY 11th:

A third of Karabakhi is underwater after some of the heaviest rains in a decade, officials said. Almost four million people have also been hit by monsoon floods in Southwest Nortua and Northwest Adula, specifically along the Cadair-Birnir Basin. The monsoon – which usually falls from June to November – is crucial to the economy of the island chain nation, but also causes widespread death and destruction across the region every year.

“This is going to be the worst flood in a decade,” Karabakhi's Flood Forecasting and Warning Centre chief Arifuzzaman Bhuiyan told the ACP news agency. The floods started late last month, and after briefly easing continued to worsen, destroying crops and driving people from their homes in several impoverished regions. Bhuiyan said about a third of flood-prone Karabakhi – an island-nation crisscrossed by hundreds of rivers – was underwater, and at least 1.5 million people were affected, with village homes and roads flooded.

“The floodwater is constantly rising. Neither we nor our cattle can go out. So, I’m using a boat to go out. We’re having issues regarding food also. The cooking ovens have been flooded. Even our beds are also underwater,” Samsud Doha, farmer, said. In north-central Karabakhi, the Rahmatutra river was almost 40cm (15.7 inches) higher than normal and threatening to burst its banks, district administrator Farook Ahmed told ACP.

Most villagers were trying to stay near their flood-damaged homes, but some 15,000 had fled severely affected areas, officials said. Another farmer, Rabiul Islam, said: “Our homesteads have been flooded. We had a little road left which got destroyed last night. So, we’re taking away all our crops like rice and corn and other goods.”

Qolaysia
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 22, 2020
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Qolaysia » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:35 pm

Leonrau Sun
Qolaysia's Most Trusted Source

3-15-21

Landmark Agreement Reached In Buena Vera Talks

BUENA VERA, ARTEGANA- A landmark agreement has been made between Qolaysian and Togarian representatives in Buena Vera during ongoing peace talks to hopefully end the decade-long Togana War between the two states, with rebels on the island of Togana (supported by Togaria) being granted limited administrative status in the Qolaysian parliament, Togarian fishing rights installed, but an order for Togarian military to stay away from internationally recognized Qolaysian waters.

The agreement, while not fully encompassing all issues presented by either side in the delegations, is one step towards a better agreement. Qolaysian officials are taking the decision as a win, flaunting the removal of the Togarian military presence in their territorial claims. The Togarians, on the other hand, are celebrating an economic victory with the rights of fishermen being allowed to cultivate and practice fishing in previously Qolaysian exclusive zones.

Addition to all of this is the plight of Togarian-backed rebels, who will gain perhaps the most in this agreement: a permanent 5-seat spot in the National Legislature of Qolaysia which, although a far cry from total independence, is still a victory for the group on a legal basis.

President Abiel Kennard praised the Qolaysian delegation, saying "this is a victory for us. The mediation worked, we brought Togaria to the table and won an important step in our stride for lasting peace in Togana."

After nearly 12 years of low-level conflict between multiple parties, with rebels in Togana backed by the Republic of Togaria and the Qolaysians backed by Beleroskov and Drambenburg, the peace talks have been marred with controversy. Togaria left the talks following the signing of an agreement with SEIAA, but international pressure brought them back to Buena Vera. The stalls also were marred with diplomatic shifts with representatives from both parties being switched around multiple times.

North Timeria
Minister

Founded: May 03, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:24 pm

Buzz Media

Synamatic Studio Annonce Dimentional Threat

Dimentional Threat Art

Gatovita - Synamatic Studios has announced the new saga in their Synamatic Heroverse which will expand upon older films and start a new chapter for the younger generation of heroes. The new saga Dimensional Threats is set to introduce a number of new characters and expand on the storyline. The Saga will be produced by Sophie Ramsey and director Isaac Kennedy has been brought on from Vitosium. The films are said to have a “darker theme and the heroes will face their biggest test yet”. This year’s first film will be Rui and Malachite: Discovering Dimensions, set to be released this summer July 9th. The film will follow Rui and Malachite as Rui rescues Malachite from a new dimensional threat, unknowingly to them, they have put the entire universe at risk.

Synamatic Studios has also confirmed that Black Dagger will be releasing in December of this year. The film will star Lee Proverbs as Black Dagger and follow his journey across the Alborz mountain range in search of the Emerald Spellblade. Black Dagger will face a number of challenges including villain Shaman played by Talaal el-Matin.

Synamatic Studios has also acquired the rights to Fusion and has started early production of Soul, a TV show that will include Piledriver. The two will attempt to purge themselves of their powers and find their humanity. Jesse Simotand will continue his role as Fusion and Zdik Ivanov will star as Piledriver.

As Synamatic Studio begins their role out from Dimensional Threat fans across the world are preparing to immerse themselves in a new storyline. Synamatic Studios has promised to increase fan experience and provide additional merch and experiences for fans everywhere. Synamatic Studio signed a deal with Jazz Crisis back in January to produce 3 games set in the Heroverse. The first title has yet to be announced but is confirmed to be in the early stages of development.

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:32 pm

CNBTV

President Raso Condemns Terror Attack in Kossmil

Infinity - President Raso has offered condolences to those in Kossmil following a terror attack in Dabatta. Across Timeria citizens are standing alongside Kossmil as they face this new threat. Timeria continues to condemn acts of terror anywhere in the world and will stand against them wherever they are.

President Raso spoke with President Kuznetsov and offered any assistance that Kossmil may need in these times. Hopefully, Kossmil can move forward and counter any threat to its national security and show terror organizations around the world Kossmil will not be a target.
Last edited by North Timeria on Mon Mar 15, 2021 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

East Chanchajilla
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 29, 2020

Postby East Chanchajilla » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:38 am

VILANJA SENTINEL
Vicalvi, Treviso, and Anamosori Captured, Road To Ivora Is Open
A week of brutal fighting has resulted in the capture of the three major cities closest to the capital; East Chanchajillan forces preparing for major assault on Ivora

WEST CHANCHAJILLA - East Chanchajillan forces have captured three major cities surrounding the outskirts of the capital of West Chanchajilla, Ivora. Vicalvi, the third largest city in the country, has fallen after a week long siege. Treviso, home of the volatile nuclear plant, has been secured and the facility and reactor sites have been contained by Coalition forces and rebel support. And in a surprising turn of events, the city of Anamosori to the north was captured by rebel fighters opposing the Armbar regime, kicking out West Chanchajillan troops before the Eastern army even entered the city center.

"The road to Ivora is open", President Boer celebrated in Vilanja as news of the near simultaneous victories reached high command. "Soon, we will be celebrating in Armbar's palace."

Eastern forces are massing in multiple areas near the capital, as are supportive resistance forces, who are preparing to assault the capital. West Chanchajillan forces have retreated systematically to the outskirts and are digging in deep defensive perimeters, according to intelligence officials, but constant bombardment by Zamastanian air strikes have been beneficial in the Eastern advance.

"We couldn't be where we are if the superior Zamastanian air support hadn't been clearing the way for us," President Boer remarked, while praising President Moreau of Zamastan saying "His administration has been extremely supportive and we acknowledge the importance they've played in the operations."

While Zamastan's legislature has been bogged down in discussion surrounding the use of airstrikes by Zamastanian air force bombers against West Chanchajillan targets, East Chanchajillan officials cannot understate the importance of the strikes in the fight against the regime.

Now, Eastern operations will target the capital and largest city in the country, serving as the command center of the majority of Western operations, government, and the home of Frederick Armbar; the coalition's main target is Armbar. Officials have stated repeatedly that they will be looking to capture Armbar and collapse his regime.

Nebetia
Secretary

Founded: Nov 24, 2020

Postby Nebetia » Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:42 pm

NNCNEBETIA
President Highland Meets with Moreau in Tofino

President Brett Highland met with President Atticus Moreau of Zamastan in the mega city capital of Tofino on Tuesday, cementing his first official state trip to Zamastan and establishing the first one-on-one connection with the famed international political leader.

Highland and Moreau met at Zian Presidential Mansion in Tofino and discussed a variety of topics ranging from international trade and commerce to ongoing diplomatic strains from the West Chanchajilla crisis.

The two leaders also held a lunch together with their spouses and children on the palace's lawn. Reporters captured a moment where Moreau's children shared a frisbee with Highland's youngest son.

Highland went to the World War Memorial and Museum following his meeting with Moreau and also visited the new Kingston Memorial commemorating the October 13th 2017 terror attacks in Tofino.

North Timeria
Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby North Timeria » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:26 am

INN

TAFCA Expands Membership

Infinity - Today The Federacy of Artegana, The Republic of San Martina, and The Republic of Verdusa have signed onto the Trans Adula Fair Commerce Accord. The three nations are important parts in TAFCA’s goals of increasing development and trade within the region. For many in Adula the benefits of TAFCA have influenced other governments to join.

Artegana is bordering two TAFCA members Timeria and Serra Leon; with a coast along the Albarine Sea. Artegana has also worked with members previously in the construction of the Sierra Hill AE Pipeline. Partnerships between Timerian-Assana Oil set up a foundation for Artegana to be integrated into TAFCA.

Verdusa has also joined TAFCA which will hopefully boost its relationship with Emmiria. The two have a rough history but things are now relatively stable. TAFCA believes that Emmiria and Verdusa building relations is crucial to the overall stability of the region.

San Martina has also signed onto TAFCA and has one of the highest GDPs per capita in the region. San Martina is home to Siarvi Naval Base where Timerian forces use as a transition point between the Albarine Sea and Toyana Ocean. San Martina is expected to benefit greatly from the agreement and provide for wealthy Adulans in TAFCA.

Secretary of State Aaron Nordquist has also proposed the Blue Zone Initiative to TAFCA members. Blue Zones are regions of the world where a higher than usual number of people live much longer than average. This initiative is meant to help Adulans live healthier and longer lives. Secretary Nordquist hopes that this project can spread across Adula and boost quality of life across the continent. While it’s not expected that the entirety of Adula will become a Blue Zone it is a hope that it will boost lifespan and increase the total number of Blue Zones across the continent.

Jaginistan
Civil Servant

Founded: Sep 29, 2020

Postby Jaginistan » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:47 pm

KIBUL TRIBUNE
JAGINISTAN'S PREMIERE NEWS SOURCE

Jaginistan: Hurrying to a bad deal with Al-Fijar is worse than no deal
KIBUL - The Caspiaa government is trying to rush through a comprehensive peace deal in Jaginistan before the upcoming Coalition troop pullout. But hurrying to a bad deal with the Al-Fijar terrorist group would be worse than no deal at all.

News leaked last week of the proposed agreement, which the administration is calling a “moonshot.” The Caspiaan Foreign Secretary urged the Jaginistani president to show "urgent leadership" in reaching a comprehensive peace plan.

The need for urgency is tied to an agreement made with al-Fijar last year setting a deadline to remove the remaining 2,500 Coalition of Crown Albatross troops.

So far, the Caspiaan government is sticking to the terms of the deal, but the foreign minister expressed concern that Al-Fijar could make "rapid territorial gains" in an expected spring offensive, absent an armistice agreement. Caspiaa envisions a CCA-facilitated conference including representatives from Zamastan, Yuan, Beleroskov, Caspiaa, Timeria, and Quetana to meet in Barangadesh “to discuss a unified approach to supporting peace in Jaginistan.”

North Icadania
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 13, 2020

Postby North Icadania » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:08 pm

MARSARI SENTINEL
NORTH ICADANIA
Icadania Relaxes as Syraranto Ceasefire Continues

Chancellor Gianni Roussilis expressed satisfaction with the developments so far in the Syraranto ceasefire, which in addition to ceasing a significant amount of fighting in the country, has also allowed for the North Icadanian military to be less tensed in a constant fear of war. Over the past year, the Icadanian military has clashed occasionally with the Syraranto regime as they supported the rebels, but Icadania now is able to relax and lower their alert level to a considerable degree thanks to the Vuswistan-brokered ceasefire.

Icadanian people, especially those in the south, are being allowed to stay out later with the lifting of a martial law and a curfew that was instituted in August 2020 after Syraranto rockets landed in several villages inIcadania. Restaurants were opened, as were bars and night clubs, and life is seeming to get back to normalcy.

"I've waiting a long time to get back outside with my friends," one man said. "I wanted to get a drink again and see my buds. It's nice that we can do it safely too."

The Chancellor stated that if the ceasefire collapses, new restriction might have to start again, but until that moment, Icadanians can celebrate and return to a normalcy in public life.

New Elkland
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 28, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Elkland » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:09 pm

Courbagne Sentinel
New Elkland Rebukes Its Own Intelligence Agency for Criticizing Yuaneze Policy

The Elkland government issued an unusual public rebuke to its own foreign intelligence service on Thursday over a blunt memo saying that De Yuan was playing an increasingly destabilizing role in the ongoing tensions in South Adula.

The intelligence agency’s memo risked playing havoc with Courbagne's efforts to show solidarity with CAMDA in its military cooperation against regional threats and to push forward the tentative talks on how to find peaceful diplomatic resolutions to gradually escalating tensions. The legislative parliament is due to vote on Friday on whether to send reconnaissance planes, midair fueling capacity and a frigate to the Zamastanian port of Gangkou, officially to conduct ceremonial allied commemoration, but also to support the ongoing Alcarresean show of force and deterence to the Yuaneze government.

The memo was sent to selected Elklandian journalists on Wednesday. In it, the foreign intelligence agency, known as the END, offered an unusually frank assessment of recent Yuaneze policy.

“The cautious diplomatic stance of the older leading members of the Communist Party of Yuan is being replaced by an impulsive policy of intervention,” said the memo, which was titled “Yuan — Communist power torn between foreign policy paradigm change and domestic policy consolidation” and was one and a half pages long.

The memo said that President Xi Jingyi of Yuan, along with high profile communist leaders, were trying to build reputations as leaders of the development in the South Adula region. Tensions there are expansive, from ongoing military clashes between states and non-state actors, governmental shifts in Qolaysia, Alecburgh, and Ireqa, and the rise of the regime in Zalluabed.

Since the beginning of his Presidency, Xi Jingyi has invested great power from the communist party, which has given him oversight of oil and economic policy.
New Elkland
COLORADO
he/him

Saint Offeat
Secretary

Founded: Nov 19, 2020

Postby Saint Offeat » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:02 pm

VOGOCI SUN
Bushore Admitted To Hospital After Stroke

Prime Minister Lynne Bushore has been admitted to the Vogoci Veterans Hospital following a reported stroke, likely stemming from preexisting health complications and a mix of a recent assassination attempt psychological stress.

Bushore's spokesman, David Jetters, says that the Prime Minister is "awake, alert, and feeling alright."

The Prime Minister was the target of an assassination attempt a few weeks ago, when a gunman opened fire on her vehicle.

Constantio
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Constantio » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:47 pm

NORASA FEDERAL

Home · Syraranto · Nortua · International · Politics · Business · Technology and Science · Arts · Education · Health · Sports · Weather

DOZENS KILLED IN BUS BOMBINGS IN NORASA

At least 48 people were killed in a series of bombings on public buses in the city of Norasa, only 60 miles from Syraranto

NORASA, CONSTANTIO - At least 48 people were killed and more than 700 injured as terrorists struck at the heart of Norasa, causing the biggest loss of life in a terrorist attack on mainland Constantio.

In a series of coordinated strikes, explosive devices were detonated on three buses travelling through central Norasa during the morning rush hour.

It is feared the death toll could rise, with the explosions leaving many people seriously injured.

Police denied that they had recovered any unexploded devices. But a source told Norasa Federal that three controlled explosions had been carried out on "suspect devices".

Furthermore the former head of CSIS, the Constantio counter-terrorism centre, told Norasa Federal that "two unexploded bombs" were recovered as well as "mechanical timing devices".

Emergency services rushed to east, west and central Norasa as the bombs went off in sequence and without warning over a 50-minute period.

The first device exploded at 10.51am on a bus between Masta East and Balmara Street stations. Seven people were killed.

At 10.56am a second device exploded on a bus between Synigan Cross and Russell Square, killing 21 people.

At 11.17am there was another blast on a bus at Vaangara Road station which blew a hole through a wall into another bus on an adjoining platform. Two other buses were affected and twenty people were killed.

As the emergency operation swung into operation, the tube and bus network was shut down and ordinary Norasa citizens began a desperate effort to help the terrified and the injured. Passengers, their faces bloodied, blackened and cut, were comforted by underground staff and passersby. Many rushed from offices and shops to help paramedics.

Witnesses described scenes of devastation. Albartino Formon, who was in Russell Square, said: "I saw at least five people jump from the top deck of the bus. Half of it was blown away. They were jumping on to the street to escape. It was such a big explosion and the bus was packed as the tube was closed. People were covered with dust and debris."

President Blanian has raised the national terror threat to its highest, as the attack is being linked to renegade extremist groups who had been accepted into the country through Constantio's refugee acceptance program in the wake of the Syraranto Civil War. The civil war, thankfully, is halted thanks to an ongoing ceasefire, but today's attack is the first recorded incident of interior violence against Constantioan citizens that has not occurred on the Syraranto border in relation to the war.

Image Comments [ 12251 ] | Image E-mail

© Constantio Media 2021

Jerku
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Jerku » Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:41 am

THE KOKUHAKI TIMES

PRESIDENT MITCHELL TRYING TO START TALKS WITH ALECBURGH

PRESIDENT Mitchell Wershall, out of desperation and sheer boredom as his election coming to an end, finally issue a letter sending towards Queen Diana of Alecburgh to start a diplomatic talk about the current affairs, Mr.President would sides with no one to start the talk as he wanting to establish a diplomatic relations with the Kingdom.

Even though the Kingdom is in a lot of controversy recently, President Mitchell wants to overlook the problems and start a talk to clear things out with Alecburgh, as well with the world, as of now, the President had sent both a letter and a telegram to the Queen and her affiliate.

REOPENING OF SPACE FORCES
THE Jerku's Space Forces, once was a branch in the Jerkuan Aerospace Force and existed with the help of the old communist Beleroskov, what used to be a joint expedition in space turned the country space force famous, but eventually the funds stopped coming and the force was finally disbanded in 1987.

As of March 19th, 2021, the Jerku's Space Forces in officially reopened, with a stable funds and an ambitious plan to send another satellite after the first three, Plan Bu Ro-1 is a go as the scientists dug out old works and experimenting with the news.

A dog in Ladu was found to be "meditating" in a park, shock Jerkuan social media.
Ma Beifa Catfish won 3 consecutive win in Jerkuan National Football Championship after 10 years of being "a sore loser".
President Mitchell famous AK-47 is sold for 27,000 Jerkuan Ling.
OPINION: "I don't really care whether they're a male, a female or a transgender, if they are able to help society grow, they're human in my eyes" said human rights activists.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates