NATION

PASSWORD

NS Cliches: Rebooted

The place to relax, unwind, share a joke, and generally goof off.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Miku the Based
Diplomat
 
Posts: 665
Founded: Dec 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Miku the Based » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:48 pm

Dayganistan wrote:Does anyone else write up an OP for some sort of RP and then never post it for whatever reason? Or is that just me? When I saw someone post that all the "social" RPs are for either royals/elites or young kids, I decided to take it upon myself and make one that's not only for royals/elites and/or young kids (it's a student exchange but set in a university rather than a high school if anyone is curious) but I'm feeling it sinking into the void of things I write up and never post. Surely I'm not the only one who does this.

I'm still working on the apparently solo rp no one officially applied to.
The deadline was yesterday and I just managed to list the main activities for the morning. The side plots are not posted yet.
January 8th, 2021 - I vow not to respond to anyone OOCIC/OOC I'm 100% serious
Do not ask me my opinion of LGBT. the mods don't approve.
Yes, I'm Homophobic, Transphobic etc. not stop incessantly responding to me and then have the audacity to claim I am the one "trolling". If I don't respond to you most likely I'm on your foe list. If one is hypersensitive I recommend putting me on your foe list
Socialism Cockshottian Economic Pan-aftrica DPRK Hamas Belarus CCP Kazakhstan Maxim Gorky National Bolshevikism jim profit free thought and expression thereof | Susan Sontag Critical Theory New-Left Cub/Ven. Socialism Smashie Drugs USculture NPA Corrupt Moderator Unruley Moderators anglos thought crimes/police

User avatar
Las Palmeras
Minister
 
Posts: 3312
Founded: Jun 15, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:52 pm

Kyoki Chudoku wrote:Admittedly the amount of self-mutilation that happens in Kyoki Chudoku is probably able to be considered fairly edgy. But also admittedly the vast majority of the population happen to be traumatised lunatics-

I’m not helping my case am I.


I won't judge. The Sun Dance in Tohorin involves bloodletting from the penis...granted, there's logic in it having to do with soil fertility and harvests. I can't really detail it that much 'cause of game rules, even if it makes a nifty anthropological tidbit based on IRL cases of Mesoamerican blood rituals.

Kiu Ghesik wrote:On the subject of disfigurement: It more or less cuts down on your options for character pics, doesn't it? I mean, I'd like to be able to make my own art, but so far all I can do consistently not terribly at is scratchy sketches, and those won't fit with the aesthetic I'm going for. So, while I can say that oh, so-and-so's got an arm that was blown off at the elbow, or so-and-so's face is fucked up as a result of vacuum exposure, that makes it hard to find pics for them, and so most of my disfigured characters are relegated to secondary roles. That is, unless I ever find myself a) magically good at art, b) with the time to devote to getting gud, or c) rolling in enough dough that I'd bother with commissioning for an rp forum on an obscure web game published as an Australian's book publicity stunt.


Google Images: You have reached your limit.
Bing: DIY.

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Why is Alastair...so...lovable...like a cinnamon roll...but not....


Cinnabon dipped in Bacardi 151.

Zul-ar wrote:Here's some cliches I see in nations with original religions

Kristianity™ : It's Christianity but the names are changed
Preek Grantheon: It's the Greek/Roman Pantheon but the names are changed
EVIL GOD: They worship and eldritch being and make sacrifices to it
Chill nature God(s): They worship a nature God and they're cool about it.


I'd expand more on Tohorin's religious views...basically stapled from Mesoamerica and the American Southwest...but...eh...it's confusing and I have bad experiences trying to explain it.
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estado de Las Palmeras: A totally different Post War world.
Goodbye French maid anime icon. Hello French electrician anime icon.

User avatar
Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Feb 06, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:55 pm

Adding on to what Kiu said, finding images for NS can be a pain if you don't know what exactly you're looking for.

On my main of Wexas, I have 14~ characters. Only 5 of them have an actual image because Google Images is terrible and Pinterest is barely any better. The amount of porn and Instagram posts I had to shift through to find Jerry's image alone is astounding. Now imagine me trying to find a decent image of a cowgirl on the internet. You'd be surprised how many shitty novels/porn sites there are dedicated to the theme of cowgirls. I just wanna find an image without stealing someone's face off of facebook/getting DEATed/being accused of being horny.
⭑Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories⭑
A Libertarian Republic, Corrupt Dictatorship, Organization of Communes, and Ethnic Seperatist Oligarchy unite against a Democratic "New World Order"


Yes, this is Wexas.
IC Year: 2015/No NS Stats/Eternally WIP.

Inspired by a lot of cool people, but mostly Synne, SP, and CBG
I am leaving a lot to up interpretation, so have fun - or don't - I ain't your dad.

(The more I write for this nation, the more radical I become, send help, I just wanna grill. noooooo.)

User avatar
Brettenwald
Senator
 
Posts: 3980
Founded: May 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Brettenwald » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Aureumterra III wrote:
Brettenwald wrote:Out, papist scum! Luther, bring me the theses.

Hey, I just thought it looked cool.

It does, reminds me of another spy from a certain other nation… :p

You'll have to explain, I'm not well-acquainted with a lot of the NSverse.

also, considering the suit, the Rolex and the attitude...
BRETTENWALD
Your friendly neighborhood chonky Nordic-German "constitutional" monarchy, featuring vast areas of unspoilt wilderness, pagan religion, and a society on the verge of a watershed moment after decades of militaristic isolationism have almost finished crumbling into dust.
NS Stats not used, factbook completion will occur about when hell freezes over, and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones.

User avatar
Western Fardelshufflestein
Senator
 
Posts: 4458
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Mar 10, 2021 2:59 pm

Las Palmeras wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:Why is Alastair...so...lovable...like a cinnamon roll...but not....


Cinnabon dipped in Bacardi 151.

:lol2: :bow: :clap:
Seriously, though, I love him.

As a character--no, not like THAT, guys! Sheesh!!!!!
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 11 May 2021 | King "Adjusting Well" to Rehab| #Makecourtneyintoalesbian2021

User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1354
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 pm

One big, big pet peeve of mine is ebil dictator nations which are very oppressive and very absolutist and very evil for no particular reason. Perhaps they just nod to a state ideology that justifies it all, but I just really don't get it. Heck, even if your dictatorship has a well thought-out ideology which justifies its abuses, there still needs to be CONTEXT. And not just "despot came to power becuz power hungry". Villains which emerge solely out of a desire for power or for the sake of being evil are shit villains. Even people like Hitler and Pol Pot had motivations beyond a lust for power. And the fact that they actually believed their own bullshit made them even more terrifying.

In the early days, I used to run SR as an absolute monarchy that just didn't liberalise. And it was comically oppressive. I didn't justify it, I just went with the flow. And you know? It made little sense, wasn't very interesting, and generally was just a shitty plotline in retrospect. Look at OTL North Korea: they're primarily how they are due to a series of factors; a very chaotic foundation, a generally collectivist cultural ethos, Soviet/Chinese involvement in their politics, isolation from the rest of the world, a clique at the top who just won't budge, international sanctions, etc.

I'm probably not the best dude to be saying all this - the only personal justification I have so far for my own ebil dictator amounts to convoluted daddy issues - but at the end of the day there needs to be context. And sometimes, OBSCENELY repressive regimes (including those like in 1984, which was a shit book, fight me) just can't be justified nor reconciled with reality.

This also applies to colonial empires that somehow still exist in the 21st Century.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Esotericist vanguard-state with cyber-Leninist aesthetics. You read that right.


LAST GASP OF THE OLD WORLD JOIN THE TNPL RESIST WESTERN LIBERALISM BUY OUR GUNS
Meme courtesy of Khoronzon. | F7 Unofficial Discord | I'm sorry. | aaaa I can't stop listening ;-; | Mother Russia > Mother Anarchy
Now with chapters: (1), (2), (3)
This nation is a story. It focuses on Reinkalistan, but reaches far beyond its borders.
NS stats were extrajudicially executed by the Ideological Office in a basement somewhere, where nobody can hear the gunshots.

Kiu Ghesik wrote:if rein believes, then it's possible!

"Stop putting anime on your flag."

User avatar
Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories
Civilian
 
Posts: 1
Founded: Feb 06, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:03 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
One big, big pet peeve of mine is ebil dictator nations which are very oppressive and very absolutist and very evil for no particular reason. Perhaps they just nod to a state ideology that justifies it all, but I just really don't get it. Heck, even if your dictatorship has a well thought-out ideology which justifies its abuses, there still needs to be CONTEXT. And not just "despot came to power becuz power hungry". Villains which emerge solely out of a desire for power or for the sake of being evil are shit villains. Even people like Hitler and Pol Pot had motivations beyond a lust for power. And the fact that they actually believed their own bullshit made them even more terrifying.

In the early days, I used to run SR as an absolute monarchy that just didn't liberalise. And it was comically oppressive. I didn't justify it, I just went with the flow. And you know? It made little sense, wasn't very interesting, and generally was just a shitty plotline in retrospect. Look at OTL North Korea: they're primarily how they are due to a series of factors; a very chaotic foundation, a generally collectivist cultural ethos, Soviet/Chinese involvement in their politics, isolation from the rest of the world, a clique at the top who just won't budge, international sanctions, etc.

I'm probably not the best dude to be saying all this - the only personal justification I have so far for my own ebil dictator amounts to convoluted daddy issues - but at the end of the day there needs to be context. And sometimes, OBSCENELY repressive regimes (including those like in 1984, which was a shit book, fight me) just can't be justified nor reconciled with reality.

This also applies to colonial empires that somehow still exist in the 21st Century.

no u
⭑Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories⭑
A Libertarian Republic, Corrupt Dictatorship, Organization of Communes, and Ethnic Seperatist Oligarchy unite against a Democratic "New World Order"


Yes, this is Wexas.
IC Year: 2015/No NS Stats/Eternally WIP.

Inspired by a lot of cool people, but mostly Synne, SP, and CBG
I am leaving a lot to up interpretation, so have fun - or don't - I ain't your dad.

(The more I write for this nation, the more radical I become, send help, I just wanna grill. noooooo.)

User avatar
L-453
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby L-453 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:04 pm

Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories wrote:Adding on to what Kiu said, finding images for NS can be a pain if you don't know what exactly you're looking for.

On my main of Wexas, I have 14~ characters. Only 5 of them have an actual image because Google Images is terrible and Pinterest is barely any better. The amount of porn and Instagram posts I had to shift through to find Jerry's image alone is astounding. Now imagine me trying to find a decent image of a cowgirl on the internet. You'd be surprised how many shitty novels/porn sites there are dedicated to the theme of cowgirls. I just wanna find an image without stealing someone's face off of facebook/getting DEATed/being accused of being horny.

That's a problem with images in general to be honest, made endlessly worse when you find one you actually like and want to use but it ends up being someone's personal art project and then you don't use it because you'd feel bad stealing someone else's art for your NS shit.

Honestly at this point finding just about anything is difficult, let alone something good that is acceptable to use and doesn't make you feel like a dickhead for using it.

Republic of Lave - 3200 CE
A FFT state set in a version of the Elite universe with robust FTL and an ironic motto.
| Security | Navy | Overview | Foreign Relations | Economy |


Discarding former nations is my passion - graphic design is not.

User avatar
Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8961
Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:05 pm

oh, you want me to justify my homegrown dictatorial bureaucracy? is that a fucking challenge, rein? because i will.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave | Musings on PT | Gathering
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ Our Foreign Policy: Надад мөнгөө өг | Cities Razed Times Our Policy Has Been Disrespected: 50

✵ it's weird of me to be surprised when people don't guess my gender when i don't put said gender in my sig, innit?
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.


User avatar
L-453
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 15
Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby L-453 » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:06 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Pol Pot

based

Republic of Lave - 3200 CE
A FFT state set in a version of the Elite universe with robust FTL and an ironic motto.
| Security | Navy | Overview | Foreign Relations | Economy |


Discarding former nations is my passion - graphic design is not.

User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1354
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:oh, you want me to justify my homegrown dictatorial bureaucracy? is that a fucking challenge, rein? because i will.

go on then. no balls. i dare you.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Esotericist vanguard-state with cyber-Leninist aesthetics. You read that right.


LAST GASP OF THE OLD WORLD JOIN THE TNPL RESIST WESTERN LIBERALISM BUY OUR GUNS
Meme courtesy of Khoronzon. | F7 Unofficial Discord | I'm sorry. | aaaa I can't stop listening ;-; | Mother Russia > Mother Anarchy
Now with chapters: (1), (2), (3)
This nation is a story. It focuses on Reinkalistan, but reaches far beyond its borders.
NS stats were extrajudicially executed by the Ideological Office in a basement somewhere, where nobody can hear the gunshots.

Kiu Ghesik wrote:if rein believes, then it's possible!

"Stop putting anime on your flag."

User avatar
Western Fardelshufflestein
Senator
 
Posts: 4458
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:06 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:oh, you want me to justify my homegrown dictatorial bureaucracy? is that a fucking challenge, rein? because i will.

Somebody stole the dictator's muffin when he was a boy.

Some sins are unforgivable.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | WF's User Be Like | NSG is Budget Twitter
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 11 May 2021 | King "Adjusting Well" to Rehab| #Makecourtneyintoalesbian2021

User avatar
Kyoki Chudoku
Diplomat
 
Posts: 797
Founded: Apr 28, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kyoki Chudoku » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:14 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
One big, big pet peeve of mine is ebil dictator nations which are very oppressive and very absolutist and very evil for no particular reason. Perhaps they just nod to a state ideology that justifies it all, but I just really don't get it. Heck, even if your dictatorship has a well thought-out ideology which justifies its abuses, there still needs to be CONTEXT. And not just "despot came to power becuz power hungry". Villains which emerge solely out of a desire for power or for the sake of being evil are shit villains. Even people like Hitler and Pol Pot had motivations beyond a lust for power. And the fact that they actually believed their own bullshit made them even more terrifying.

In the early days, I used to run SR as an absolute monarchy that just didn't liberalise. And it was comically oppressive. I didn't justify it, I just went with the flow. And you know? It made little sense, wasn't very interesting, and generally was just a shitty plotline in retrospect. Look at OTL North Korea: they're primarily how they are due to a series of factors; a very chaotic foundation, a generally collectivist cultural ethos, Soviet/Chinese involvement in their politics, isolation from the rest of the world, a clique at the top who just won't budge, international sanctions, etc.

I'm probably not the best dude to be saying all this - the only personal justification I have so far for my own ebil dictator amounts to convoluted daddy issues - but at the end of the day there needs to be context. And sometimes, OBSCENELY repressive regimes (including those like in 1984, which was a shit book, fight me) just can't be justified nor reconciled with reality.

This also applies to colonial empires that somehow still exist in the 21st Century.


Honestly Kyoki Chudoku kind of embodies that whole dystopian ideal of absolutist oppression for rather dubious reasons. It’s a nation run by an absolute tyrant imposing her will on the country for the heck of it, and then gradually coming to justify it in retrospect by obsessing over the importance of order and security. Kyoki Chudoku’s factors in becoming an authoritarian dictatorship are really quite limited, to the point where I basically had to handwave the transition by involving mental inhibitors to explain why the population as a whole put up with any of this madness.

Honestly this is part of the reason Kyoki Chudoku Bunkatsu exists, because different Chudokuren personnel have vaguely more in-depth reasoning behind their own ideal governments but are kind of coerced into absolute loyalty to their Overlady. Hanabi completely embodies the idea of forceful subjugation by any means necessary, believing that absolute and untempered oppression is necessary to permit true order- and it also has happens to let her do whatever she wants because she has a complete superiority complex and cannot accept being weaker than anyone else. Gikochinai doesn’t care at all about tyranny or control, but she uses those means to try and force a world where everyone is happy by any means necessary because she loves everyone and can’t bear to watch them all fight and be miserable. Naosu is a eugenic perfectionist who has a very particular idea of a perfect world, considering dissent a defect to be eliminated like a cancer from a healthy body- and all she has to work with are the remnants of traumatised veterans who in any other country would belong in the asylum. I feel like even if some of them are pretty shallow or undeveloped, the ideological goals of Chudokuren subordinates are a lot more varied and specific than the overall idea of Aozoratarianism, which itself is both IC and OOC really an excuse to justify the blatant sadism and dystopia that is on display and to try to make it seem like an actual ideology and not just the delusional whims of a psychopathic dictator.
This nation exists for fun and insanity, not to represent my actual views which are much more mundane and boring.
Also, I don't use NS stats. So please ignore them.
Current Status (yes, I'm bad at keeping this updated): Fluctuating

TG me for a free cookie. May contain traces of hydrogen cyanide.

User avatar
Las Palmeras
Minister
 
Posts: 3312
Founded: Jun 15, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:16 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:One big, big pet peeve of mine is ebil dictator nations which are very oppressive and very absolutist and very evil for no particular reason...Even people like Hitler and Pol Pot had motivations beyond a lust for power.


Best I can do is Dollar Tree Manuel Noriega.
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Estado de Las Palmeras: A totally different Post War world.
Goodbye French maid anime icon. Hello French electrician anime icon.

User avatar
Silvedania
Minister
 
Posts: 3149
Founded: Apr 17, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Silvedania » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:19 pm

Zeloria wrote:A lot of threads on Global Economics and Trade are about either slavery, or military hardware. It makes me want to do something fun and unique there. I've been toying with the idea of some sort of ice-cream truck that travels around the multiverse to sell icecream available in ALL flavors.

That's why the different ones do so well.
Silvedania, the majestic nation.
NS Stats are mostly accurate except for a few things, like this nation is capitalist and the death penalty isn't in effect

News:All trade with Crabaiaia and Pikala has stopped as diplomats meet in Trenaka.  Silvedanians are confused by Quentin Tarantulatino's new film, Seasonal Snackbox(This is a Bojack Horseman reference.) Weird song goes viral for making no sense.

Co-founder of LITA | Member of ICDN | Former Member of SETA | Member of IFTC | He/Him/His | Airport: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=493569#p37851012
Being president looks like the worst job in the world. -John Mulaney

User avatar
Monkchester
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 52
Founded: Jun 25, 2016
Conservative Democracy

Postby Monkchester » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:30 pm

Silvedania wrote:
Zeloria wrote:A lot of threads on Global Economics and Trade are about either slavery, or military hardware. It makes me want to do something fun and unique there. I've been toying with the idea of some sort of ice-cream truck that travels around the multiverse to sell icecream available in ALL flavors.

That's why the different ones do so well.

They really don't.
MONKCESTRIAN REPUBLIC
FORTITERDEFENDITTRIUMPHANS

User avatar
Aureumterra III
Diplomat
 
Posts: 596
Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aureumterra III » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:32 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
One big, big pet peeve of mine is ebil dictator nations which are very oppressive and very absolutist and very evil for no particular reason. Perhaps they just nod to a state ideology that justifies it all, but I just really don't get it. Heck, even if your dictatorship has a well thought-out ideology which justifies its abuses, there still needs to be CONTEXT. And not just "despot came to power becuz power hungry". Villains which emerge solely out of a desire for power or for the sake of being evil are shit villains. Even people like Hitler and Pol Pot had motivations beyond a lust for power. And the fact that they actually believed their own bullshit made them even more terrifying.

In the early days, I used to run SR as an absolute monarchy that just didn't liberalise. And it was comically oppressive. I didn't justify it, I just went with the flow. And you know? It made little sense, wasn't very interesting, and generally was just a shitty plotline in retrospect. Look at OTL North Korea: they're primarily how they are due to a series of factors; a very chaotic foundation, a generally collectivist cultural ethos, Soviet/Chinese involvement in their politics, isolation from the rest of the world, a clique at the top who just won't budge, international sanctions, etc.

I'm probably not the best dude to be saying all this - the only personal justification I have so far for my own ebil dictator amounts to convoluted daddy issues - but at the end of the day there needs to be context. And sometimes, OBSCENELY repressive regimes (including those like in 1984, which was a shit book, fight me) just can't be justified nor reconciled with reality.

This also applies to colonial empires that somehow still exist in the 21st Century.

Rein I took this personally >:(

(Tbf I am working on the lore but there is a good reason why Aureumterra kept its massive colonial empire while the other Europeans decolonized (except Portugal, in my lore Aureumterra worked with Portugal to retain Africa)
Last edited by Aureumterra III on Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
♔ The Empire of Aureumterra ♔

Overview (WIP)
Emperor
TL;DR Nordic Oppressive Absolute Empire
Actual nation (founded in 2017)
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Current RP Canons: Bellverse - Kali Yuga - (Possibly) UIA

User avatar
Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8961
Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:33 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:oh, you want me to justify my homegrown dictatorial bureaucracy? is that a fucking challenge, rein? because i will.

go on then. no balls. i dare you.

aight so

we get into the context of palisade's background, colbureau starts out as a direct outgrowth of a disaffection with liberalism and enlightenment-era ideals in the wake of climate collapse, in addition to a century's worth of precedent reinforcing authoritarian semi-democracy and state-capitalism as the dominant world ideologies in cascadia and the russian federation/northern chinese state respectively. within this context, there's not much of a push for shit like "libertarians" and "individual freedoms", since those were what allowed people to gain so much power over their respective states that they were able to tank the climate in a way that the state wasn't empowered to stop. if it was the state doing that shit, then maybe liberalism would've had a chance, but as it is, free-market economies and private citizens' accumulation of wealth permitted that sort of thing. then you take into account the red-scares of the 2050s further "discrediting" "socialist" ideas, along with the human rights abuses of the ccp which were to the public in the powers that came out on top of that conflict considered to be the work of gobmnumusism at work, and you start to get a setting where people start considering that consolidating power in the state in order to prevent both "radical" ideas and private citizens gathering power to themselves might be a good thing.

then of course you get the authority- which is, at its roots, governed as a corporation. or was, since it's fucking dead. the authority, then, was within that context a state-directed company colonizing space with the sole goal of exploiting natural resources in space and getting better at exploiting those resources, whose political classes were from the beginning not that fond of the idea of letting people run their own shit, given that that went so well last time. so, when the stellar renaissance happens and you start to see the authority becoming a governance justified with theory, the whole point of that theory starts to be retroactively explaining why such-and-such an authoritarian abuse is actually a good thing because fuck the cradle world or something ig. this can be broken down into three, or four, interconnected principles.

the first is minimum consumption, or the idea that autarky is fucking stupid when it's on a small scale. in a nutshell, the idea is that the state has a job to do, and that job is to embigger itself- it can't do that when the natural state of humanity in a vacuum is self-sufficiency and self-contained ecosystems, which, well, humanity's literally in a vacuum. therefore, the first justification for the authority and colbureau-states forcing people to do their jobs and consume goods at gunpoint is that "you've got to do your job or society's going to degenerate into libertarianism and libertarianism is bad because *insert climate change death statistics here* and that's totally what libertarianism is about don't question it."

the second is the idea that the state is intended to be self-serving and not the servant of the citizens, which, of course, plays into the justification behind minimal consumption. the viewpoint here is largely that the state being bound to the citizenry, and the idea of a social contract, is fucking bullshit because the social contract isn't a binding thing. legislation, on the other hand, and the organs of state, are binding, and so therefore the only valid expression of validity on the scale of a state would be the bringing to bear of force in order to compel the citizenry to even give a fuck about it; if the people don't respect the state, then there's no point to it, after all. removing the justification for the state making itself supine to the people then leads to the assumption that the state is a macro-organism, and that the point of the macro-organism is to be self-sustaining, and thus is meant to be its own servant.

this, however, is also recognized as unsustainable, and so therefore that leads into the second point of the second point, or the idea that the state's relationship to the citizenry is meant to be one where the state reigns over the people but in this context is meant to be a "benevolent god." the macro-organism, after all, is meant to be greater than the micro-organisms constituting it, and needs to feed them and provide at least a means to fulfill their needs before it gets its shit kicked in because it's starving out the important mechanisms of state. this, then, justifies why colbureau states are so apt to nationalize their economies in a pinch. the point is that they're there to provide for the people, and by delegating that provision they can save their own time, but should they need to they can take back control of their own organs in order to better develop their goals and their ability to meet those goals.

that should lead into the last point- that colbureau views a state organized as a bureaucracy as inherently resilient precisely because it's not prone to change. in the opinion of colbureau theorists, if the state can be built to flex enough, then there's no need to weaken the state and hand back control of macro-scale shit like the economy completely into the hands of the people, because people are fucking stupid compared to economic processing swarms and you should probably listen to the computer in regards to fulfilling the demands of the all-holy timetable. essentially, the idea is that people ruling a state is inherently a bad thing when the state is viewed as a macro-organism, and thus there needs to be cultivated a way for the state to rule itself without involving people as much as possible. people are short-sighted and prone to fuck things up- a properly formatted bureaucracy, or so the supposition goes, is far-sighted by design and not as prone to fuck-ups because it's not necessarily dependent on election cycles or heirs or any of that bullshit. it just exists, and will always exist, if properly maintained.

now, 90% of these four points are retroactive justifications for why the cookie crumbled the way it did, when in reality the authority largely developed by chance without any sort of guiding ideology until the 2400s or so, and while colbureau states use ideology to emulate the authority they're not perfect copies as they lack that driving influencer of "fuck tha Enlightenment, oh and Bob you need to fill out your 401k or I'll shoot you".

tl;dr paperwork good.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave | Musings on PT | Gathering
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ Our Foreign Policy: Надад мөнгөө өг | Cities Razed Times Our Policy Has Been Disrespected: 50

✵ it's weird of me to be surprised when people don't guess my gender when i don't put said gender in my sig, innit?
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.


User avatar
Zeloria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 155
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Zeloria » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:35 pm

Alliance of Self-Defensive Territories wrote:Adding on to what Kiu said, finding images for NS can be a pain if you don't know what exactly you're looking for.


Just draw some crappy stick-figures for your nation, and be done with it.

We are a FT space federation, that uses the vastness of space, and our advanced technology, to create a post-scarcity economy, with robots and dinosaurs. The closest equivalent to our nation is the Culture, and the Sophons. The nation takes place in an a universe that was devastated by a nano-machine swarm 500 years ago.

NS-stats are not used.

Has a puppet


User avatar
European Federation Reunified
Envoy
 
Posts: 223
Founded: Jun 20, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby European Federation Reunified » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:37 pm

Voxija wrote:Cliche 2: In GE&T, I've seen a slew of idiots ordering from storefronts whose proprietors have CTE'd. Come on now!

Do you mean those countries that post all the threads of the first two pages without a minimum of commercial RP or deliver an almost blank form or with vague generalities?
Oh yeah, they applied to my restaurant too, but I had to leave a couple of them pending because they were filled out incorrectly or because they don't know what the OP requires.

User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1354
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:44 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:go on then. no balls. i dare you.

aight so

we get into the context of palisade's background, colbureau starts out as a direct outgrowth of a disaffection with liberalism and enlightenment-era ideals in the wake of climate collapse, in addition to a century's worth of precedent reinforcing authoritarian semi-democracy and state-capitalism as the dominant world ideologies in cascadia and the russian federation/northern chinese state respectively. within this context, there's not much of a push for shit like "libertarians" and "individual freedoms", since those were what allowed people to gain so much power over their respective states that they were able to tank the climate in a way that the state wasn't empowered to stop. if it was the state doing that shit, then maybe liberalism would've had a chance, but as it is, free-market economies and private citizens' accumulation of wealth permitted that sort of thing. then you take into account the red-scares of the 2050s further "discrediting" "socialist" ideas, along with the human rights abuses of the ccp which were to the public in the powers that came out on top of that conflict considered to be the work of gobmnumusism at work, and you start to get a setting where people start considering that consolidating power in the state in order to prevent both "radical" ideas and private citizens gathering power to themselves might be a good thing.

then of course you get the authority- which is, at its roots, governed as a corporation. or was, since it's fucking dead. the authority, then, was within that context a state-directed company colonizing space with the sole goal of exploiting natural resources in space and getting better at exploiting those resources, whose political classes were from the beginning not that fond of the idea of letting people run their own shit, given that that went so well last time. so, when the stellar renaissance happens and you start to see the authority becoming a governance justified with theory, the whole point of that theory starts to be retroactively explaining why such-and-such an authoritarian abuse is actually a good thing because fuck the cradle world or something ig. this can be broken down into three, or four, interconnected principles.

the first is minimum consumption, or the idea that autarky is fucking stupid when it's on a small scale. in a nutshell, the idea is that the state has a job to do, and that job is to embigger itself- it can't do that when the natural state of humanity in a vacuum is self-sufficiency and self-contained ecosystems, which, well, humanity's literally in a vacuum. therefore, the first justification for the authority and colbureau-states forcing people to do their jobs and consume goods at gunpoint is that "you've got to do your job or society's going to degenerate into libertarianism and libertarianism is bad because *insert climate change death statistics here* and that's totally what libertarianism is about don't question it."

the second is the idea that the state is intended to be self-serving and not the servant of the citizens, which, of course, plays into the justification behind minimal consumption. the viewpoint here is largely that the state being bound to the citizenry, and the idea of a social contract, is fucking bullshit because the social contract isn't a binding thing. legislation, on the other hand, and the organs of state, are binding, and so therefore the only valid expression of validity on the scale of a state would be the bringing to bear of force in order to compel the citizenry to even give a fuck about it; if the people don't respect the state, then there's no point to it, after all. removing the justification for the state making itself supine to the people then leads to the assumption that the state is a macro-organism, and that the point of the macro-organism is to be self-sustaining, and thus is meant to be its own servant.

this, however, is also recognized as unsustainable, and so therefore that leads into the second point of the second point, or the idea that the state's relationship to the citizenry is meant to be one where the state reigns over the people but in this context is meant to be a "benevolent god." the macro-organism, after all, is meant to be greater than the micro-organisms constituting it, and needs to feed them and provide at least a means to fulfill their needs before it gets its shit kicked in because it's starving out the important mechanisms of state. this, then, justifies why colbureau states are so apt to nationalize their economies in a pinch. the point is that they're there to provide for the people, and by delegating that provision they can save their own time, but should they need to they can take back control of their own organs in order to better develop their goals and their ability to meet those goals.

that should lead into the last point- that colbureau views a state organized as a bureaucracy as inherently resilient precisely because it's not prone to change. in the opinion of colbureau theorists, if the state can be built to flex enough, then there's no need to weaken the state and hand back control of macro-scale shit like the economy completely into the hands of the people, because people are fucking stupid compared to economic processing swarms and you should probably listen to the computer in regards to fulfilling the demands of the all-holy timetable. essentially, the idea is that people ruling a state is inherently a bad thing when the state is viewed as a macro-organism, and thus there needs to be cultivated a way for the state to rule itself without involving people as much as possible. people are short-sighted and prone to fuck things up- a properly formatted bureaucracy, or so the supposition goes, is far-sighted by design and not as prone to fuck-ups because it's not necessarily dependent on election cycles or heirs or any of that bullshit. it just exists, and will always exist, if properly maintained.

now, 90% of these four points are retroactive justifications for why the cookie crumbled the way it did, when in reality the authority largely developed by chance without any sort of guiding ideology until the 2400s or so, and while colbureau states use ideology to emulate the authority they're not perfect copies as they lack that driving influencer of "fuck tha Enlightenment, oh and Bob you need to fill out your 401k or I'll shoot you".

tl;dr paperwork good.

Strato-fucking-spherically based. THE COGS WON'T STOP TURNING. THE MACHINE WON'T TURN OFF.

I want this future because the melancholy aesthetics of it all are beautiful. What do you mean human rights? I want my Salvador Allende AI ultratotalitarian space bureaucracy, and I want it NOW.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Esotericist vanguard-state with cyber-Leninist aesthetics. You read that right.


LAST GASP OF THE OLD WORLD JOIN THE TNPL RESIST WESTERN LIBERALISM BUY OUR GUNS
Meme courtesy of Khoronzon. | F7 Unofficial Discord | I'm sorry. | aaaa I can't stop listening ;-; | Mother Russia > Mother Anarchy
Now with chapters: (1), (2), (3)
This nation is a story. It focuses on Reinkalistan, but reaches far beyond its borders.
NS stats were extrajudicially executed by the Ideological Office in a basement somewhere, where nobody can hear the gunshots.

Kiu Ghesik wrote:if rein believes, then it's possible!

"Stop putting anime on your flag."

User avatar
Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 8961
Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:50 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:
aight so

we get into the context of palisade's background, colbureau starts out as a direct outgrowth of a disaffection with liberalism and enlightenment-era ideals in the wake of climate collapse, in addition to a century's worth of precedent reinforcing authoritarian semi-democracy and state-capitalism as the dominant world ideologies in cascadia and the russian federation/northern chinese state respectively. within this context, there's not much of a push for shit like "libertarians" and "individual freedoms", since those were what allowed people to gain so much power over their respective states that they were able to tank the climate in a way that the state wasn't empowered to stop. if it was the state doing that shit, then maybe liberalism would've had a chance, but as it is, free-market economies and private citizens' accumulation of wealth permitted that sort of thing. then you take into account the red-scares of the 2050s further "discrediting" "socialist" ideas, along with the human rights abuses of the ccp which were to the public in the powers that came out on top of that conflict considered to be the work of gobmnumusism at work, and you start to get a setting where people start considering that consolidating power in the state in order to prevent both "radical" ideas and private citizens gathering power to themselves might be a good thing.

then of course you get the authority- which is, at its roots, governed as a corporation. or was, since it's fucking dead. the authority, then, was within that context a state-directed company colonizing space with the sole goal of exploiting natural resources in space and getting better at exploiting those resources, whose political classes were from the beginning not that fond of the idea of letting people run their own shit, given that that went so well last time. so, when the stellar renaissance happens and you start to see the authority becoming a governance justified with theory, the whole point of that theory starts to be retroactively explaining why such-and-such an authoritarian abuse is actually a good thing because fuck the cradle world or something ig. this can be broken down into three, or four, interconnected principles.

the first is minimum consumption, or the idea that autarky is fucking stupid when it's on a small scale. in a nutshell, the idea is that the state has a job to do, and that job is to embigger itself- it can't do that when the natural state of humanity in a vacuum is self-sufficiency and self-contained ecosystems, which, well, humanity's literally in a vacuum. therefore, the first justification for the authority and colbureau-states forcing people to do their jobs and consume goods at gunpoint is that "you've got to do your job or society's going to degenerate into libertarianism and libertarianism is bad because *insert climate change death statistics here* and that's totally what libertarianism is about don't question it."

the second is the idea that the state is intended to be self-serving and not the servant of the citizens, which, of course, plays into the justification behind minimal consumption. the viewpoint here is largely that the state being bound to the citizenry, and the idea of a social contract, is fucking bullshit because the social contract isn't a binding thing. legislation, on the other hand, and the organs of state, are binding, and so therefore the only valid expression of validity on the scale of a state would be the bringing to bear of force in order to compel the citizenry to even give a fuck about it; if the people don't respect the state, then there's no point to it, after all. removing the justification for the state making itself supine to the people then leads to the assumption that the state is a macro-organism, and that the point of the macro-organism is to be self-sustaining, and thus is meant to be its own servant.

this, however, is also recognized as unsustainable, and so therefore that leads into the second point of the second point, or the idea that the state's relationship to the citizenry is meant to be one where the state reigns over the people but in this context is meant to be a "benevolent god." the macro-organism, after all, is meant to be greater than the micro-organisms constituting it, and needs to feed them and provide at least a means to fulfill their needs before it gets its shit kicked in because it's starving out the important mechanisms of state. this, then, justifies why colbureau states are so apt to nationalize their economies in a pinch. the point is that they're there to provide for the people, and by delegating that provision they can save their own time, but should they need to they can take back control of their own organs in order to better develop their goals and their ability to meet those goals.

that should lead into the last point- that colbureau views a state organized as a bureaucracy as inherently resilient precisely because it's not prone to change. in the opinion of colbureau theorists, if the state can be built to flex enough, then there's no need to weaken the state and hand back control of macro-scale shit like the economy completely into the hands of the people, because people are fucking stupid compared to economic processing swarms and you should probably listen to the computer in regards to fulfilling the demands of the all-holy timetable. essentially, the idea is that people ruling a state is inherently a bad thing when the state is viewed as a macro-organism, and thus there needs to be cultivated a way for the state to rule itself without involving people as much as possible. people are short-sighted and prone to fuck things up- a properly formatted bureaucracy, or so the supposition goes, is far-sighted by design and not as prone to fuck-ups because it's not necessarily dependent on election cycles or heirs or any of that bullshit. it just exists, and will always exist, if properly maintained.

now, 90% of these four points are retroactive justifications for why the cookie crumbled the way it did, when in reality the authority largely developed by chance without any sort of guiding ideology until the 2400s or so, and while colbureau states use ideology to emulate the authority they're not perfect copies as they lack that driving influencer of "fuck tha Enlightenment, oh and Bob you need to fill out your 401k or I'll shoot you".

tl;dr paperwork good.

Strato-fucking-spherically based. THE COGS WON'T STOP TURNING. THE MACHINE WON'T TURN OFF.

I want this future because the melancholy aesthetics of it all are beautiful. What do you mean human rights? I want my Salvador Allende AI ultratotalitarian space bureaucracy, and I want it NOW.

it's coming, i promise
i can't write 24/7
i need to feed my dogs sometime


also really nice to hear that I ended up getting that aesthetic right. I'd been thinking I'd been losing a bit of the melancholy, so it's great to find out from someone who's not a voice in my head probably that it's still in there.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave | Musings on PT | Gathering
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ Our Foreign Policy: Надад мөнгөө өг | Cities Razed Times Our Policy Has Been Disrespected: 50

✵ it's weird of me to be surprised when people don't guess my gender when i don't put said gender in my sig, innit?
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.


User avatar
South Reinkalistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1354
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:53 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:it's coming, i promise
i can't write 24/7
i need to feed my dogs sometime

THERE'S NO DOGS WHERE WE'RE GOING, KIU. THERE'S ONLY HYPER-DESTRUCTIVE STATE CAPITALISM IN SPACE FOR ALL ETERNITY.
In all seriousness tho stay healthy

Kiu Ghesik wrote:also really nice to hear that I ended up getting that aesthetic right. I'd been thinking I'd been losing a bit of the melancholy, so it's great to find out from someone who's not a voice in my head probably that it's still in there.

Either that or you're now hallucinating and this entire thread is a product of your imagination.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Esotericist vanguard-state with cyber-Leninist aesthetics. You read that right.


LAST GASP OF THE OLD WORLD JOIN THE TNPL RESIST WESTERN LIBERALISM BUY OUR GUNS
Meme courtesy of Khoronzon. | F7 Unofficial Discord | I'm sorry. | aaaa I can't stop listening ;-; | Mother Russia > Mother Anarchy
Now with chapters: (1), (2), (3)
This nation is a story. It focuses on Reinkalistan, but reaches far beyond its borders.
NS stats were extrajudicially executed by the Ideological Office in a basement somewhere, where nobody can hear the gunshots.

Kiu Ghesik wrote:if rein believes, then it's possible!

"Stop putting anime on your flag."

User avatar
Aureumterra III
Diplomat
 
Posts: 596
Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Aureumterra III » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:55 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:
Kiu Ghesik wrote:it's coming, i promise
i can't write 24/7
i need to feed my dogs sometime

THERE'S NO DOGS WHERE WE'RE GOING, KIU. THERE'S ONLY HYPER-DESTRUCTIVE STATE CAPITALISM IN SPACE FOR ALL ETERNITY.
In all seriousness tho stay healthy

Kiu Ghesik wrote:also really nice to hear that I ended up getting that aesthetic right. I'd been thinking I'd been losing a bit of the melancholy, so it's great to find out from someone who's not a voice in my head probably that it's still in there.

Either that or you're now hallucinating and this entire thread is a product of your imagination.

Wouldn’t be surprised, this thread is a figment of everyone’s imagination
♔ The Empire of Aureumterra ♔

Overview (WIP)
Emperor
TL;DR Nordic Oppressive Absolute Empire
Actual nation (founded in 2017)
I DO NOT USE NS STATS!
Current RP Canons: Bellverse - Kali Yuga - (Possibly) UIA

User avatar
Tevuros
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 11
Founded: Feb 18, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Tevuros » Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:56 pm

Kiu Ghesik wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:Strato-fucking-spherically based. THE COGS WON'T STOP TURNING. THE MACHINE WON'T TURN OFF.

I want this future because the melancholy aesthetics of it all are beautiful. What do you mean human rights? I want my Salvador Allende AI ultratotalitarian space bureaucracy, and I want it NOW.

it's coming, i promise
i can't write 24/7
i need to feed my dogs sometime


also really nice to hear that I ended up getting that aesthetic right. I'd been thinking I'd been losing a bit of the melancholy, so it's great to find out from someone who's not a voice in my head probably that it's still in there.

DO IT

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Forum 7

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Acraus Federation, Google Adsense [Bot], Koninkrijk der Bataven, Roegerland, Samudera Darussalam, San Lumen, Vereichyle

Advertisement

Remove ads