NATION

PASSWORD

What are yalls thoughts on Farms

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

What are your thoughts on agriculture?

Poll ended at Fri May 28, 2021 10:11 am

It is very important
95%
It is of little use
2%
Other: anything else
3%

Total votes : 228

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:12 am

Heloin wrote:
Senkaku wrote:??

How on earth are you defining this lmao

What is “the Industrial Revolution as a system” and why is 1760 a hard start date, you need to explain why you’re saying this

Tsarus's starting point is that society is going to collapse by 2110 and we will abandon farming.

If/when we abandon farming then the people who did farm will most likely be worshiped for their former power over the lives of other beings from what I have been reading here. But I may be wrong and I most likely am.
We are all like a Geode, pretty tough on the outside but beautiful on the inside. At least I am. I am also of the blue crystal calmness club. Look it up it's is awesome.

Adamede
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Adamede » Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:44 am

Heloin wrote:
Senkaku wrote:??

How on earth are you defining this lmao

What is “the Industrial Revolution as a system” and why is 1760 a hard start date, you need to explain why you’re saying this

Tsarus's starting point is that society is going to collapse by 2110 and we will abandon farming.

Thats dumb. If society collapses we’re going back to 17th century technology, not the Stone Age.
And hell now that I think about it agriculture arose in the Neolithic.
Last edited by Adamede on Wed Feb 24, 2021 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:49 pm

That is very much true from what I know. [img]file:///home/chronos/u-e4aa1d04ec1a87e68643b15ad044a95ec671d49a/Downloads/unnamed.jpg[/img]
We are all like a Geode, pretty tough on the outside but beautiful on the inside. At least I am. I am also of the blue crystal calmness club. Look it up it's is awesome.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Lapis Lazului wrote:That is very much true from what I know. ([url=file:///home/chronos/u-e4aa1d04ec1a87e68643b15ad044a95ec671d49a/Downloads/unnamed.jpg]Image[/url])

That image doesn't work. It needs to be a valid url for the image to work, you can't just link to files on your computer directly.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:54 am

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:54 am

Has anyone here ever put a band around the top of a western hat and then put the feathers of various birds found on the ground in the band and then just worn it to work?
Last edited by Lapis Lazului on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Dodo Republic
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 22, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Dodo Republic » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:55 am

moo
Birds are government drones. The media has lied to you this whole time. Well, good morning good afternoon good evening nationstates. Long Island born and raised liberal conservative, actor, singer, history enthusiast (I know original), antique simp, fan of prehistory and especially dodos. Have a good day everybody :)

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:59 am

Moo Moo my friend moo moo.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:07 am

Right now I see that a lot of people are on here. It makes me happy that people listen to what I say.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:08 am

An everchanging number of people usually staying in between 30 and 10 people not including me. I also see that one more person said Agriculture was of little use.
Last edited by Lapis Lazului on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:22 am, edited 7 times in total.

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:30 am

Lapis Lazului wrote:An everchanging number of people usually staying in between 30 and 10 people not including me. I also see that one more person said Agriculture was of little use.

If you want a warning for spamming, you should stop being so nice.
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Lapis homie
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis homie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:33 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:
Lapis Lazului wrote:An everchanging number of people usually staying in between 30 and 10 people not including me. I also see that one more person said Agriculture was of little use.

If he is not nice then he might hurt someone.

New Vedan
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Vedan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 am

How could anybody dismiss farms? Farm life definitely isnt for everyone, but there responsible for our food supply so there incredibly important.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:35 am

Lapis homie wrote:
A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:

If he is not nice then he might hurt someone.

Where on earth did you come from? I mean you are right Lapis but how come I have never found out about your nation before?
Last edited by Lapis Lazului on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:37 am

New Vedan wrote:How could anybody dismiss farms? Farm life definitely isnt for everyone, but there responsible for our food supply so there incredibly important.

Yes, I agree strongly.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:39 am

Lapis Lazului wrote:
Lapis homie wrote:If he is not nice then he might hurt someone.

Where on earth did you come from? I mean you are right Lapis but how come I have never found out about your nation before?

Because I am newer to this game.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:40 am

Are you newer to this game because I really want to know.

Lapis homie
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis homie » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:44 am

Lapis Lazului wrote:Are you newer to this game because I really want to know.

Yes, I am new to this game I just started with this account I did have another one before by the name of Lapis Lazuli but I forgot the password to it and it went to the boneyard so I am a little rusty.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:48 am

You have an interesting nation name.

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:55 am

New Vedan wrote:How could anybody dismiss farms? Farm life definitely isnt for everyone, but there responsible for our food supply so there incredibly important.

The historical trend is towards automation. If city folk pay close attention, they will see their own fate in that of the farm worker.

Way back, that was a good paying job. Keeping slaves to do the work, was profitable, but not by so much (slaves needed managers, and troublesome slaves were a dead loss, even considering lynching saving money on ammo). Paid farm workers were still competitive with slaves elsewhere on plantations: wages paid were less significant that crops planted, region by region.

But the historical trend is towards automation, and less demand for skilled farm labor. As a city elite type, all the advice I can offer is move to the city. Stay honest, employers appreciate that. Pick the job you really want, get the training, always look out for opportunity (even the high end employers see honesty as employable) and follow your dreams. Farmers offer you lifelong employment, but they don't always deliver, because automation or termination of their business plan. The city offers every other kind of career.

The bottom line is: if half or more than half, of the kids you knew in high school, have moved to a city? Then move to a city. Being a big fish in a small pond means you have to eat smaller fish, who you went to school with. Move to the city. Moral anonymity for the win!
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:59 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:

The historical trend is towards automation. If city folk pay close attention, they will see their own fate in that of the farm worker.

Way back, that was a good paying job. Keeping slaves to do the work, was profitable, but not by so much (slaves needed managers, and troublesome slaves were a dead loss, even considering lynching saving money on ammo). Paid farm workers were still competitive with slaves elsewhere on plantations: wages paid were less significant that crops planted, region by region.

But the historical trend is towards automation, and less demand for skilled farm labor. As a city elite type, all the advice I can offer is move to the city. Stay honest, employers appreciate that. Pick the job you really want, get the training, always look out for opportunity (even the high end employers see honesty as employable) and follow your dreams. Farmers offer you lifelong employment, but they don't always deliver, because automation or termination of their business plan. The city offers every other kind of career.

The bottom line is: if half or more than half, of the kids you knew in high school, have moved to a city? Then move to a city. Being a big fish in a small pond means you have to eat smaller fish, who you went to school with. Move to the city. Moral anonymity for the win!

It is said that whenever someone moves to the city looking for good work from the country they usually end up coming back.

Lapis Lazului
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lapis Lazului » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:08 pm

Farms are not going anywhere here so meh you are going to have a small problem in your cities. Can you guess what that will be?

Auze
Minister

Founded: Oct 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Auze » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:01 pm

They're pretty cool, Regenerative Agriculture is pretty cool, Maxis' SimFarm is underrated, that's all I really have to say.
Hello, I'm an Latter-day Saint kid from South Carolina!
In case you're wondering, it's pronounced ['ɑ.ziː].
My political views are best described as "incoherent"

Anyway, how about a game?
[spoiler=Views I guess]RIP LWDT & RWDT. Y'all did not go gentle into that good night.
In general I am a Centrist

I disown most of my previous posts (with a few exceptions)

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:42 pm

Lapis homie wrote:
Lapis Lazului wrote:Are you newer to this game because I really want to know.

Yes, I am new to this game I just started with this account I did have another one before by the name of Lapis Lazuli but I forgot the password to it and it went to the boneyard so I am a little rusty.

Uh huh. Just don't go around talking to yourself, okay?
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Infected Mushroom » Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:55 pm

There should be more farms. Farms help to create an appreciation for and a connection to the land and to the animals. I like farms.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General