NATION

PASSWORD

[DROOPED] Space Trash Act

Where WA members debate how to improve the world, one resolution at a time.
Indiana Controlled Florida
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

[DROOPED] Space Trash Act

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:33 am

The World Assembly,

SPACE can be used to clear of the world’s trash.

Understanding that it is not necessary to colonize other planets

Definition Of Space

I. The area above the atmosphere

This law will:

I. Grants the right to send trash into space

II. Make It Mandatory to a nation with a lot of money to give money to a nation that wants to send trash into space but doesn’t have the money to go into space

Please tell me your thoughts about the law and if you would vote for or against it and why
Last edited by Indiana Controlled Florida on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tinhampton
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Tinhampton » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:35 am

The Self-Administrative City of TINHAMPTON (pop. 329,537): Saffron Howard, Mayor (UCP); Alexander Smith, WA Delegate-Ambassador

Authorships & co-authorships: SC#250, SC#251, Issue #1115, SC#267, GA#484, GA#491, GA#533, GA#540, GA#549, SC#356, GA#559, GA#562, GA#567, GA#578, SC#374, GA#582, SC#375, GA#589, GA#590, SC#382, SC#385*, GA#597, GA#607, SC#415, GA#647, GA#656, GA#664, GA#671, GA#674, GA#675, GA#677, GA#680, Issue #1580, GA#682, GA#683, GA#684, GA#692, GA#693, GA#715
The rest of my CV: Cup of Harmony 73 champions; Philosopher-Queen of Sophia; *author of the most popular SC Res. ever; anti-NPO cabalist in good standing; 48yo Tory woman w/Asperger's; Cambridge graduate ~ currently reading The World by Simon Sebag Montefiore

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:36 am

And that would make my proposal illegal.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:36 am

There already is legislation on this subject. Here is the text of the resolution:

SEEKING to reestablish protected access to space for all nations,

DISTRESSED by the rapidly increasing accumulation of frivolous repeals,

RECOGNIZING that prolonged accumulation of debris in orbit can impede space travel and orbital operations,

AWARE that one resolution cannot sufficiently legislate on all topics related to debris in space and choosing to address one aspect well,

DEFINES debris as debris to quiet some illogical complaints,

CONSIDERS an object to be in orbit if it circles a celestial body without propulsion and outside assistance (excepting gravity) at least once,

INSTRUCTS member nations to have systems in place to certify the compliance of objects planned to be launched into orbit with the guidelines of this resolution,

REQUIRES member nations to take all action necessary to prevent the launch of objects from their territory into orbit that have not been certified as compliant with this resolution, allowing exceptions only when loss of life would occur as a result of such actions,

In order to reduce the quantity of potentially harmful debris in orbit, all objects launched into space must have the following abilities and are required to take the following actions:

A- To Deorbit in one of the following fashions prior to becoming nonfunctional:
1- Complete deterioration into non damaging remains during descent and prior to collision,
2- Landing or collision in international waters, unclaimed undeveloped territory, or the territory of nations that consent to the collision or landing,
3- Entering into a junk orbit assigned by WASP,
4- Any method that removes the object from the vicinity of the body it previously orbited without harming other artificial objects in orbit,

B- To Maneuver in order to avoid other objects in orbit to prevent damage of property,

STATES that WASP will take into account the desires and needs of the relevant nations when assigning a junk orbit and will not contradict orbital classifications around a celestial body created by any entity representing, with consent of the governed, all nations on that body,

CLARIFIES that this resolution will not impede or restrict the rights of nations to do battle in space so long as all damage done is part of a declared act of war against the owner of the object, the nation the object was launched from, or if the object services or benefits the enemy.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:40 am

Always have a look at what legislation has already been passed in the WA :) you can find a comprehensive list within this thread.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:40 am

I don’t think it talked about granting the right to send trash into space

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:42 am

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:I don’t think it talked about granting the right to send trash into space

Then have a look at this bit from the resolution:

"REQUIRES member nations to take all action necessary to prevent the launch of objects from their territory into orbit that have not been certified as compliant with this resolution, allowing exceptions only when loss of life would occur as a result of such actions,

In order to reduce the quantity of potentially harmful debris in orbit, all objects launched into space must have the following abilities and are required to take the following actions:

1- Complete deterioration into non damaging remains during descent and prior to collision,
2- Landing or collision in international waters, unclaimed undeveloped territory, or the territory of nations that consent to the collision or landing,
4- Any method that removes the object from the vicinity of the body it previously orbited without harming other artificial objects in orbit,

B- To Maneuver in order to avoid other objects in orbit to prevent damage of property,"

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:43 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:I don’t think it talked about granting the right to send trash into space

Then have a look at this bit from the resolution:

"REQUIRES member nations to take all action necessary to prevent the launch of objects from their territory into orbit that have not been certified as compliant with this resolution, allowing exceptions only when loss of life would occur as a result of such actions,

B- To Maneuver in order to avoid other objects in orbit to prevent damage of property,"

I have already removed the part about using trash as a weapon.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:45 am

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:I have already removed the part about using trash as a weapon.

The right to send debris into space is already granted by the resolution in question. I would suggest you find a different subject to write about, as this has already been covered by the legislation that was previously shown to you.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:46 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:I have already removed the part about using trash as a weapon.

The right to send debris into space is already granted by the resolution in question. I would suggest you find a different subject to write about, as this has already been covered by the legislation that was previously shown to you.

Well, this forum is from here on out dead.

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 am

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:The right to send debris into space is already granted by the resolution in question. I would suggest you find a different subject to write about, as this has already been covered by the legislation that was previously shown to you.

Well, this forum is from here on out dead.

If you are dropping this draft, I would suggest to change the [DRAFT] to [DROPPED] or [ABANDONED] in the title, so that people will be aware that this is no longer worked on.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Advertisement

Remove ads