NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Covid misinfo in Coronavirus Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
The Greater Ohio Valley
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

[R] Covid misinfo in Coronavirus Thread

Postby The Greater Ohio Valley » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:46 am

Vetalia wrote:Never mind that there is absolutely zero evidence that wearing masks within public places outside of very close personal contact does anything

Seems pretty blatant.
Occasionally the Neo-American States
"Choke on the ashes of your hate."
- Free speech
- Weapons rights
- Democracy
- LGBTQ+ rights
- Racial equality
- Gender/sexual equality
- Voting rights
- Universal healthcare
- Workers rights
- Drug decriminalization
- Cannabis legalization
- Due process
- Rehabilitative justice
- Religious freedom
- Choice
- Environmental protections
- Secularism
ANTI
- Fascism/Nazism
- Conservatism
- Nationalism
- Authoritarianism/Totalitarianism
- Traditionalism
- Ethnic/racial supremacy
- Racism
- Sexism
- Transphobia
- Homophobia
- Religious extremism
- Laissez-faire capitalism
- Warmongering
- Accelerationism
- Isolationism
- Theocracy
- Anti-intellectualism
- Climate change denialism

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Mar 05, 2021 5:58 am

Poss. trolling, too. Calling behaviour that results in the deaths of 260,000 people (and then telling said people to "stop whining") "inspiring":
CoraSpia wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:"Bolsonaro tells Brazilians to ‘stop whining’ as deaths spike".
Welp... we are gonna be dealing with an endless stream of Brazilian variants aren't we?

If only more leaders could be like this guy. He's stuck to his principles despite everything, and I think that's really inspiring.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:13 am

National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:15 am

Thanks, Lamoni!
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:28 am

I would like to appeal my warning.
In what way was what I said trolling? I think everyone will agree that one of the worst things in this pandemic has been constantly shifting priorities, politicians stating that they'll do one thing only to do another or changing their approach midway. I was congratulating the consistent approach that President Bolsonaro has taken towards the pandemic: the simple act of picking a course and sticking with it rather than the actions themselves. In the UK we have had leaders who previously were going to go for herd immunity then bring in lockdown measures. In Eastern Europe there have been leaders who have urged the greatest caution only to re-open immediately. Both are worthy of criticism and indeed the approach taken by Bolsonaro can be criticised fairly and I would have no objections to such criticism. Trolling is defined as posts made with the intent of angering people. Praising a politician for consistency cannot reasonably be expected to anger people.
Last edited by CoraSpia on Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:32 am

CoraSpia wrote:In what way was what I said trolling? I think everyone will agree that one of the worst things in this pandemic has been constantly shifting priorities, politicians stating that they'll do one thing only to do another or changing their approach midway. I was congratulating the consistent approach that President Bolsonaro has taken towards the pandemic: the simple act of picking a course and sticking with it rather than the actions themselves. In the UK we have had leaders who previously were going to go for herd immunity then bring in lockdown measures. In Eastern Europe there have been leaders who have urged the greatest caution only to re-open immediately. Both are worthy of criticism and indeed the approach taken by Bolsonaro can be criticised fairly and I would have no objections to such criticism. Trolling is defined as posts made with the intent of angering people. Praising a politician for consistency cannot reasonably be expected to anger people.

If you are trying to appeal, then you know that this is not how you go about it.
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:34 am

Lamoni wrote:
CoraSpia wrote:In what way was what I said trolling? I think everyone will agree that one of the worst things in this pandemic has been constantly shifting priorities, politicians stating that they'll do one thing only to do another or changing their approach midway. I was congratulating the consistent approach that President Bolsonaro has taken towards the pandemic: the simple act of picking a course and sticking with it rather than the actions themselves. In the UK we have had leaders who previously were going to go for herd immunity then bring in lockdown measures. In Eastern Europe there have been leaders who have urged the greatest caution only to re-open immediately. Both are worthy of criticism and indeed the approach taken by Bolsonaro can be criticised fairly and I would have no objections to such criticism. Trolling is defined as posts made with the intent of angering people. Praising a politician for consistency cannot reasonably be expected to anger people.

If you are trying to appeal, then you know that this is not how you go about it.

Sorry if I was unclear. I have edited the post to indicate that it was an appeal.
GVH has a puppet. It supports #NSTransparency and hosts a weekly zoom call for nsers that you should totally check out

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:43 am

Appeal denied.

CoraSpia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby CoraSpia » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:44 am

Crazy girl wrote:Appeal denied.

Could I have some reasoning please?

Crazy girl
Game Moderator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby Crazy girl » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:06 am

I understand the point you are trying to make based off your posts here and I was a little on the fence, but the post that was reported does not so much reflect that. Wishing all leaders were like this one while quoting a headline such as that, is trolling. Specially in the current global pandemic. Please in the future be more mindful of how you phrase your arguments.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation