NATION

PASSWORD

The Arrowverse Thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Feb 17, 2021 11:57 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I'm agnostic on the new Batwoman but the heavy use of the C7 based Batmobile delights me.

Feel like they could have shot for the moon and got GM to give them a C8 but whatever.

You just know there's a blooper out there where the cape got caught in the door.

Several. Already cut into a rapid montage.

Probably why they hardly ever show someone getting in the Batmobile. That and casually opening a regular ass car door and sinking into a sports car seat isn't exactly badass looking. The only thing worse is trying to get out of one with your dignity.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Feb 25, 2021 8:34 pm

I was hoping Superman And Lois was gonna be upbeat. But instead it was all Zack Snyder-ish. Also, Emo Son is a raving douche.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:31 am

I didn't think it was dark at all, a little grounded at worst but hardly 'Zack Snyder-y'.

The timeline confuses the fuck out of me. Is it 15 years ahead of where we left them in Supergirl? Did they have twins in Supergirl? (are they twins or do I have WandaVision on the brain...) Does it matter?
Is that a new Luthor?

Ah, the stupid featurette confirms the twins thing.

I wasn't riveted, but I'll watch.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:38 am

Cannot think of a name wrote:The timeline confuses the fuck out of me. Is it 15 years ahead of where we left them in Supergirl? Did they have twins in Supergirl? (are they twins or do I have WandaVision on the brain...) Does it matter?

Well, Emo Son was playing Injustice 2. So it's at least 2017. Maybe it's a different earth or some post-crisis fuckery again.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:06 am

Ameriganastan wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:The timeline confuses the fuck out of me. Is it 15 years ahead of where we left them in Supergirl? Did they have twins in Supergirl? (are they twins or do I have WandaVision on the brain...) Does it matter?

Well, Emo Son was playing Injustice 2. So it's at least 2017. Maybe it's a different earth or some post-crisis fuckery again.

Well, who knows where they are in the Mortal Kombat franchise. That little featurette included a big welcome from the Arrowverse. I guess when it doubt, crisis.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:34 am

The Flash is back in a few days. And I'm curious how they're gonna write off Ralph. Like the last episode ended on a cliffhanger. Gonna feel weird if he just poofs and no one mentions him.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:26 pm

Superman And Lois already got renewed for season 2. That was quick.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Mar 04, 2021 2:05 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:The Flash is back in a few days. And I'm curious how they're gonna write off Ralph. Like the last episode ended on a cliffhanger. Gonna feel weird if he just poofs and no one mentions him.

Apparently that's exactly what they did.

Also, I have no idea what was happening last season...

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:02 pm

They really wanted that
Wells sacrifice to be a dramatic thing. They milked it like a dairy cow...and I felt nothing. Cause we've seen like 1000 of this guy before. And they'll probably bullshit a way for another one to pop up sooner or later.

Also, what's with the Iron Man helmet appearance deal now?
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:01 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:They really wanted that
Wells sacrifice to be a dramatic thing. They milked it like a dairy cow...and I felt nothing. Cause we've seen like 1000 of this guy before. And they'll probably bullshit a way for another one to pop up sooner or later.

He's 100% coming back. Which, as you say, since losing a Wells is how they've closed every season...
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:49 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:They really wanted that

He's 100% coming back. Which, as you say, since losing a Wells is how they've closed every season...

Yup, the 3 constants of this show.

There's always a Wells.
Evil speedster.
Barry fucking things up with time travel.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Yup, the 3 constants of this show.

There's always a Wells.
Evil speedster.

Hey now, he's fighting some weird mirror lady this time.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:43 pm

Well, hot dang. I guess my cable provider gets The CW now. No more having to wait a day for the good quality versions. Awesome.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Wow, it took The Flash all of 1 episode to
bring in a new Wells...
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Mar 10, 2021 4:04 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Wow, it took The Flash all of 1 episode to
bring in a new Wells...

I mean...why drag out the inevitable.

OG Wells...I honestly thought they were just going to throw all the Wells into the artificial Speed Force really undermining the idea of loss.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:18 pm

While watching the new VeeInfuso video, I discovered Superman is played by the same guy who voices Sephiroth in the FF7 remake.

That is just odd to know.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:01 pm

For cripes sake, Batwoman.
I get it, she had to learn the whole "Don't kill" thing...but did she have to just let her go? Like you could have cuffed her to something and called the Crows. But she just lets her walk away.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:15 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:For cripes sake, Batwoman.
I get it, she had to learn the whole "Don't kill" thing...but did she have to just let her go? Like you could have cuffed her to something and called the Crows. But she just lets her walk away.

Literally explains exactly why in the very next scene.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:24 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:For cripes sake, Batwoman.

Literally explains exactly why in the very next scene.

Yeah, that scene happened literally when I hit post. I was just too lazy to delete it.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:00 pm

Well, new Wells didn't stick around for long...thankfully. And hey, looks like they're keeping Ralph around for an eventual recasting. Sweet.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Yup, the 3 constants of this show.

There's always a Wells.
Evil speedster.

Hey now, he's fighting some weird mirror lady this time.

Whooose final move was that she was faster than Barry...
Ameriganastan wrote:
Well, new Wells didn't stick around for long...thankfully. And hey, looks like they're keeping Ralph around for an eventual recasting. Sweet.

Really thought that they were going to go with that even quicker. But then I remembered that this was actually last season's finale.

Also, Wells will be back. Time travel is probably key to the new big bad. Again.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:35 pm

Oh, give me a freaking break, Batwoman.
Her stupid houseplant was a Desert Rose the entire time? Cripes, who writes this crap? AND WHY IS ALICE STILL ALIVE? Why would this numbnuts just let her go? God, will someone off this bitch already? She has long overstayed her welcome.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:48 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, give me a freaking break, Batwoman.
Her stupid houseplant was a Desert Rose the entire time? Cripes, who writes this crap? AND WHY IS ALICE STILL ALIVE? Why would this numbnuts just let her go? God, will someone off this bitch already? She has long overstayed her welcome.

You still got
https://tvline.com/2021/03/21/batwoman-recast-kate-kane-wallis-day-ruby-rose/
comin' down the pipe.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:56 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:Oh, give me a freaking break, Batwoman.

You still got
https://tvline.com/2021/03/21/batwoman-recast-kate-kane-wallis-day-ruby-rose/
comin' down the pipe.

Yeah, I saw that. Which makes me wonder what they're gonna do with Ryan. She gonna stay, become the Robin, die? Should be fun to watch.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 30, 2021 3:27 pm

Just caught up with last week's Flash.
And were they seriously just gonna let Abra Kadabra go? Like I get it, tragic backstory and all. But he still murdered two people. And they called him a hero...not feeling it.

Well, Batwoman finally has a fun villain. More Black Mask, please.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction