NATION

PASSWORD

Home of The Brave: An 1960's Political RP (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:11 am

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Senator Joshua Sharp heeded the President's advice and gazed at the mirror in his office. In it he took in the gauntly thin statue of a man. A man who looked tired. A man who felt exhausted from... what had he done anyways? In his decade as a Mississippi senator, he tried his damndest to remember some sort of legislative accomplishments. What did the Senator have to be exhausted from any how? If anything, it meant he could finally retire with some beloved Mississippian onions, calmly catching up on Warren G. Harding autobiographies in his room, complaining about politics with his wife.

"Y'all know I'm a senator. There's generally three rankin's as I sees thems. The firsts is the policy makers and the whips, people like Senator Boone, he's got a cushy job and a big ass office. The seconds are the ones who while not having much, still see to it that their state gets the needed bacon, and the thirds are the ones who buck their own party more than not, flirt with the idea of switching to an independent just to keep the other Dixiecrats in line with that threat.

I know my votes aren't popular, hell, I'm surprised gettin' some praise from you now and again on certain issues. I'm blending the line between a second and third-rate U.S Senator. Do I buck my party leadership on D.C and the other Constitutional amendments? Yes! If you're not willin' to take unpopular decisions and take the hard road in politics, you're not going to be fulfilled. Sometimes in politics and in friendships, it's more important to take an unpopular decision, knowing you'll be absolved in the lord at the very end.

Oh hell, maybe it's just me being cynical, but I'm not so sure I want to run for President between you and me. Hell, I like running, but I'm not happy on the inside, Dave. I get miserable some nights, bawlin' myself to sleep knowin' the whole damned political world is out to lynch Senator Joshua Sharp!

When I look in that mirror, I see a stubborn old bastard. A damn proud stubborn old bastard who's not afraid to go down the road less traveled. As for my bills that I've put forward...uh...er..."

Sharp put his head down for a solid few minutes, contemplating what exactly had he done in ten years?

What was his legacy?

Would he get a high school named after him? Hell, at this point he'd take Sharp avenue in Quitman County! A street sign, anything!

"I think there was one in the house that talked about getting the money for a dam to provide electricity towards some small Mississippian town, I know I added in a slew of last minute additions to widely popular bills, not sure if they fully passed or if Boone ripped them out like a band aid. From what I can remember, let me sound several off from my senate tenure:"

Taking a deep breath, he scribbled some bills that he remembered coming his way in the Senate and tried to recall his votes for each item. Taking much longer than remembering how to win an election in Mississippi (the primaries), the old man clearly wasn't firing on all cylinders, as he squished his face together and thought, scribbling something out, then laughing slightly when he got to the very end of the list.

Agricultural Act of 1949- Nay
Mutual Security Act- Aye
The Highway Bill- Nay
Communist Control Act- Aye, that was popular in Mississippi.

"G.I. Bill- Nay, I got some hefty flak for that one. That's probably why I'm backin' you so vigorously now with respect to Vietnam When I said no to the G.I. Bill, it was the biggest damned mistake of my career! (so far anyaways) I got so much damned flak in Mississippi at the time, some pundits with a stick up their ass wondered if I could survive. Bullshit. I lived, and I'm standin' before you as a Senator today!"

"Well, you've caused any problems you have," Henry said as he began signing papers, "You aren't fit for this job, I suggest you drop out."

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:22 am

Senator Joshua Sharp firmly shook his head at such a notion.
"I'm not throwin' in the towel just yet damnit! If the great Joshua Norman Sharp goes down, he'll go down defiantly swingin'! I'll be runnin' for re-election, mark my words. You're going to see an awful lot of me these next two-no-the next six or eight years! I guarantee it!"

"If the governor of my state smells blood in the water, I'll gladly welcome him to get his rear end smacked by Sharp!"

With that, Sharp patted his pockets for a trusty cigar, striking a match and blowing a cloud of smoke near the President's face.

"I. Do. Not. Surrender."
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:27 am

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:Senator Joshua Sharp firmly shook his head at such a notion.
"I'm not throwin' in the towel just yet damnit! If the great Joshua Norman Sharp goes down, he'll go down defiantly swingin'! I'll be runnin' for re-election, mark my words. You're going to see an awful lot of me these next two-no-the next six or eight years! I guarantee it!"

"If the governor of my state smells blood in the water, I'll gladly welcome him to get his rear end smacked by Sharp!"

With that, Sharp patted his pockets for a trusty cigar, striking a match and blowing a cloud of smoke near the President's face.

"I. Do. Not. Surrender."

Henry stood after being blasted with the smoke and took the cigar from his hands, before putting it out in the nearby ashtray, "You aren't going to smoke in this office whilst I'm still here. Maurice!" Davis yelled as an African American butler came into the room, "Please take Senator Sharp to the workers smoking area, if he gives you any lip, any lip at all, you tell me."

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:40 am

Senator Sharp's first instinct was to lunge at the President, wanting to brutally smack the man around violently, to show him how he really felt. The cigarette was a slight, an insult to the southern man who loved smoking. As his elderly muscles tensed for a strike at his prey, he froze when a colored butler entered the room. The sight of a... colored african? His mind, once blinded with rage, was now completely blind.
"I-I-what the fuck?" Sharp muttered to the President, the tone of his voice now genuinely startled and confused.
As the colored butler moved to take Sharp's hand, the Mississippian jerked back instinctively.

"I will not have my hands held by some fuckin' Senegambian African! Good day, Dave! Thank you for taking the time out of your 'oh so busy schedule' to meet with me. It was a pleasure."
Sharp's voice now amounted to a viper's hiss, each syllable oozing with pure contempt for the President as he flashed a fake smile and gripped the President's hand tightly in a handshake.
With that, he stormed out of the oval office, racing ahead of Maurice to sit back at his Senate Office. He had failed. While he desperately and genuinely wanted to talk about the war in Vietnam, his utter partisan contempt for the President tripped him up. Very badly.
He could only now hope that Davis kept his mouth shut about all this..
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Founded: Apr 20, 2019

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:58 pm

ImageThe Associated Press Image

Politics

January 18th, 1959

General Jonathan Jackson Supports FREE Act

Pledges to Streamline Bureaucracy, Cut Taxes

The Former Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers and current presumptive Presidential nominee for the Republican Party, Jonathan Jackson, in a public announcement stated his support for the Federal Relief Ensuring Entrepreneurialism Act of Senator Sofia Fraser while pledging as President to further streamline government bureaucracy and cut taxes.

"I lend my support to the Federal Relief Ensuring Entrepreneurialism Act proposed by the esteemed Senator Sofia Fraser. It is a bill that will streamline government bureaucracy by replacing a number of different, difficult to manage inefficient welfare programs that cost a lot with a single, easy to manage and administer, program. That's the way forward for the Republican Party; our objective should be a leaner, more efficient government that delivers results. You do not need big government and complex bureaucracy to provide social support. As President, I shall further streamline government bureaucracy, making our social programs more efficient and cutting waste, allowing us in turn to cut taxes for the average American."
Signature:

"I’ve just bitten a snake. Never mind me, I’ve got business to look after."
- Guo Jing ‘The Brave Archer’.

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 3:08 pm

Politics
INTERVIEW WITH MASSACHUSETTS SENATOR

DEMOCRAT FROM MASSACHUSETTS, RECENTLY ELECTED SENATOR, SITS DOWN FOR INTERVIEW

By Terry Fowler
January 17th, 1959
D.C. - I was able to get an interview with the Senates newest recruit, William Oswald, it can be found below,

Terry Fowler: Senator Oswald, thank you for speaking with me today. How has the Senate been treating you so far?

Senator Oswald: "Thank you for having me, Mr Fowler. In truth? It's been a tough transition. The House is full of a wide range of hundreds of colorful characters, the Senate? It's the same ninety-nine old and established faces looking back at ya all the while you're there. Yet, with all the trouble, I am eternally grateful for the citizens of Massachusetts for putting me here. I am under no illusions that our fight will be easy, but then again, when has it ever been? Right always prevails, and we are just that. Sometimes it just needs a push."

Fowler: Have you written any legislation yet?

Senator Oswald: "Indeed I have, Mr. Fowler. A constitutional amendment, no less. Start as you mean to go on is a saying I have always lived by. In this case, American citizens rights as a people! D.C. has been without representation since the 1800's in any meaningful capacity, I have sought to remedy that. With bipartisan support from both sides of the aisle, and with the help of my good friend the Senator from Texas, the amendment we have passed grants the 760,000 citizens of the District a voice. Through representation in Congress and on the Presidential layer both. In truth, this speaks to a much bigger issue in this nation. It speaks to who we are as a people. We deny some of our citizens basic rights that our founders fought for with our very Revolution. That men and women fought for on the beaches of Normandy. That I fought for on the island of Okinawa. The rights that we, as white men, are given without a second though, but African-American citizens are denied all around our nation. I was disgusted, Mr. Fowler, that the main opposition for my proposal came from my very own party. I will win no friends with this statement, but I must say it. Especially with this NRA thing moving through the house at the moment. My party is gripped with a disease. A malignant tumor eating at the heart of common decency and democracy. I have no qualms calling these people out by name. Senator Sharp from Mississippi for example. Or even Representative Broussard for that matter. If we wish to preach common virtues to the American people anymore, with any sincerity, it's high time we got serious on this issue. Right now? I am damn ashamed to call myself a Democrat."

Fowler: I can definitely understand your point. Do you have any faith that your amendment will be ratified by the states in time for the 1960 Election?

Senator Oswald: "Well, I always have faith! I've heard from Massachusetts that the legislature is working hard to get the amendment ratified in time for the election, and I can only hope other states are doing the same. Given the fate of the next decade hangs in the balance with this coming election, I think it right that those citizens get a chance to express their will. God willing, they shall."

Fowler: I'm not a political commentator, watching congress twenty-four-seven, but I will say, it is very rare that a first-term senator gets a constitutional amendment passed. Has the president made any attempt to reach out to you?

Senator Oswald: "I will say it ain't too bad! I hope the next few years are just as productive. And I hope that my rise can inspire others out there to dip their hand into politics, no matter your age or background, there is always time for public service.

The President did send me a rather nice letter. He expressed his congratulations for my election, and mused that I would have a successful career ahead of me. Not to mention his coming out in support for the Amendment. From such a seasoned politician, and soldier, it truly is an honor. Regardless of political lines. And, if he perchance notes this interview, I wish to express my deep thanks for his service. We may not always see eye to eye, but where America is concerned we both only ever seek to advance her interests."

Fowler: I see, have you see the Secretary of Defences statement on our current positions in Vietnam? What is your opinion on that?

Senator Oswald: "Now, Vietnam is a tough one, ain't it? I got elected to the U.S. Senate on a message of non-interventionism, and I stand by that. That's a thousand of our best and brightest gone. The cycle of blood never seems to end, does it? Communism must be stopped. The Soviet Union is an evil empire, a machine built on the deaths of millions, intent on making the world its slave. That is undeniable fact. However, I don't see how sending thousands to die in Vietnam helps that cause. Some have seen these figures and praised the low casualties. They notably leave out the fact that these are merely the opening days. Thousands more will fall before this is over.

I urge the President to find a way through this endeavor without escalating an already sad and depressing moment in our nations history. A path that we can all work together on, to unite the American people behind a common cause."

Fowler: Some blame the war on the democrats in Congress since the intervention in the war was approved by congress. What are your thoughts on that?

Senator Oswald: "I shan't be placing blame on this matter. Members of Congress, and the executive, took personal decisions on this issue. Those decisions I may disagree with, but I am not blind to the other side of this argument. All must examine their conscious in this pivotal moment and cast their judgement. It will take time to decide who was right, if that question ever even answers itself. I just hope America comes out of this with new wisdom, regardless of the course of coming events."

Fowler: I see. Do you have any stance on our current relations with Cuba?

Senator Oswald: "Caution. As all everyone's stance should be. The situation there is developing day by day, and I hope we get a clearer picture of what's going on their soon, at which point we can better formulate a strategy and a policy that fits the state of affairs. I am not a warmonger, as has been made clear with my position on Vietnam, yet *if* the rebels win, it is my view that the United States needs to make clear it will not let a belligerent state sit off the coast of Florida. However, we must also not act with haste and aggression. I hardly think it fair of anyone to say the Batista regime has been particularly generous to the Cuban people."

Fowler: So, a neutral position? Interesting. Do you have any future legislation you wish to introduce?

Senator Oswald: "My mind is nothing if not focused. We have a task ahead of us, and that task is equality. Bills I hope to introduce might be seen by some as divisive, but I prefer the term progressive. In the coming weeks and months I hope to stake myself out on the national stage. So expect to see more from me, fighting for the sake of the hard working FDR Americans. We have a chance to define who we are, and I am willing to take any leap to help that definition."

Fowler: I see. Alright, that's about all the time we have for today, any final comments Senator?

Senator Oswald: "Thank you for having me, Mr. Fowler. I simply wish to reaffirm my hope in our nation. Times are tough, and challenging, but they are nothing we haven't been through before. We are the strongest and the greatest nation in the world, the potential we hold in our hands is infinite. When I earned my Medal of Honor, I did so for her, and I would do so again without any hesitation. Let us now realize our destiny, together, as Americans. Thank you."

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:05 pm

Politics

January 18th, 1959

Governor Stoltzman Calls A State Ratifying Convention For The 24th Amendment

ELECTION OF RATIFYING CONVENTION DELEGATES TO OCCUR SHORTLY, plus PRESS CONFERENCE REMARKS ON THE PROPOSED CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT

Following the passage of the proposed 23rd Amendment to the federal constitution through the Senate, Congress has sent the amendment to be ratified by state conventions. This morning, the Governor of California called for a state ratifying convention in which each sitting member of the California State Legislature is automatically a delegate to the convention. After several days of planning this announcement with officials in the State Assembly, Governor Stoltzman has set a close date to ensure the expedition of a state ratifying convention. He has encouraged California constituents to phone the offices of state assembly members to bring up their viewpoints and concerns, to ensure that delegates vote their conscience and stay true to the beliefs of their constituents.

In a press conference outside the Governor’s Mansion in Sacramento, the Governor answered some questions about his personal views on the amendment and on the young Senator who had proposed the amendment.

Have you read the proposal for the 23rd Amendment? What can you say about your own views on the matter?

“Yes, I have read the proposal which was passed through the Senate. I will say that I am glad to see that bipartisanship in the Congress has not perished, regardless of how fraught the situation may seem from time to time. Most importantly, I believe that Senator Oswald’s proposal has brought the disenfranchisement of D.C.’s population to the attention of millions of Americans. Though I have my reasons to disagree with the notion that the District of Columbia should become a state, I maintain zero reservations towards the fact that the citizens in Washington deserve to have the right to vote in national elections. This is an expansion of representation in government for these citizens. I hold the firm belief that no American should pay taxes without some form of political representation in our government. That we have hundreds of thousands of good, tax-paying citizens in D.C. who have had no voice in our national elections runs absolutely contrary to the very ideas which sparked the creation of this great nation during the time of the Revolutionary War. I firmly believe that people on both sides of the aisle can agree with as much.”

Sir, what do you have to say about Mr. Oswald, and about the recent events in Congress?

“Well, I think it’s best that I don’t comment on Congress’s business at the moment. Congressmen represent their constituencies and the viewpoints of their states, and as the executive leader of our great state of California, it would not be appropriate. However, on Senator Oswald, I will say that he is a very clever and confident young man who certainly has a very promising future. I believe that Senator Oswald has the right amount of moxie and common sense stances to help lead the Democratic Party away from the precipice of a dangerous quagmire.”
Co-Founder of the International Consortium of Democratic Nations

Hopal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hopal » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:17 pm

Representative Richard Douglas returns to his congressional office tired after another long session trading notes with Representative Broussard. As soon as he saw his Chief of Staff John Maddox as he entered his office he asked him what he thought about the Negro Relocation Act "John" he said "How are you?" he asked "I'm doing well, the office is manageable" he replied "How was the session?" Maddox asked "Well, I was exchanging notes with Representative Broussard regarding his two bills and my bill, but I wanted to ask you about the Negro Relocation Act. What do you think of it?" Douglas asked "Well" Maddox replied "We've been a lot of mail from constituents regarding the Negro Relocation Act and Physical Perception Act and the overwhelming majority ask you to vote against it. I would advice you to listen to your constituents, it's in your political interest to do so, if you want to keep your reputation, among your constituents at least, of supporting colored rights then I suggest voting against the bill relocating blacks." Douglas pondered this before Maddox spoke up again "There is more more news though" Maddox said as he handed Douglas an article from The Associated Press titled 'Update on the Vietnam War.' Douglas through the article and told Maddox "It's a shame that men died, they were brave soldiers, and they served their country well" Maddox nodded before Douglas said "We'll have to release a statement on this. "I'm on it" Maddox replied.

We were all saddened to learned of the casualties suffered by American soldiers in Vietnam. These men served their nation well they for the cause of righteousness and democracy. Today we were reminded of the evil of Soviet regime, and that of North Vietnamese regime, we must put our efforts in fighting communism. We mustn't let such an evil consume America and the world. Unfortunately January 17th, 1959 is another day that will go down in infamy, we must never forget the live lost and pain suffered from this day, and we must renew our efforts in fighting communism."-Statement released from the Office of Representative Richard Douglas, January 17th, 1959
A Nation in South America, comprised of indigenous tribes, immigrants, French and Portuguese settlers, and European Socialists.
Representative Greg Shields (D-CA-28) [Twilight's Last Gleaming]

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:48 pm

Politics

January 18th, 1959

Senator Oswald Speaks On His Vision

Despondent With the Current State of the Democratic Paty

The newly elected Senator from Massachusetts, the Democrat William Lawrence Oswald Jr., has some choice insights about the party he has now represented in both chambers of Congress. Speaking to an assembled crowd outside the capitol building he declared that his party had a "serious problem" that it would need to address before the 1960 election. The full transcript of his speech is as follows;

"I thank you all for coming to listen to me today. Whilst for many this is a victorious time, our party haven taken back both chambers of Congress in what can be perceived as a boost of confidence after two electoral defeats, and even victorious for myself personally with my amendment passing all levels of government, for me this a time of worry. A time of great confusion. Over the past few years, I have observed with my own eyes the privilege and the hurtful rhetoric that exudes from some within our ranks. These members cling to beliefs that hold themselves in the early 19th century. Not the modern day.

We as a party are struggling with this war. The war between two sides of what should be the very same coin, yet is as different as a quarter and a Soviet Ruble.

Recent developments in the House, with bills too dastardly to name, has prompted me to speak here today.

The 60's are coming, and they are coming fast. We as Americans will be defined in this coming decade, how we handle war, communism, welfare. And yes, civil rights.

It is the duty of all good Americans to try and find a way forward that is best for our country. I seek to do that.

I fought in the pacific during the war, like I know many of you out here did as well. I was awarded a medal during those years. A medal that defines me and who I am. That medal signals my commitment to this nation, it signals the sacrifices men and women go through to keep that flag flying high. That flag is associated with ideals.

Freedom. Liberty. Justice.

Things we know, things we cherish, yet things we let slip beneath our fingers like we're swimming through a river. Fundamental American principles that stand in stark contrast to the dismal and evil rhetoric of our rivals on the world stage. We, as a party, as a people, need to live up to those ideals.

So why am I here? For the pretty speech? I am sure that's where some hope this ends, but it does not. I can't sit by anymore. That medal, that flag, deserve more from me. Will I abandon my party like some already have? No. I believe in it's principle. I believe in the man that led us through a world war. I can't abandon something I love so dear, something that put me in front of you today. My job is to help it heal itself of the trauma it has taken, of the wounds it has had inflicted to it.

I call on all good Democrats. Senators, Representatives, Governors, Mayors. All of the good, brave, honest Americans I have met and loved everyday of my career. I want you to join me. I want you to meet with me. I want us to find a way forward for America. Not one that brings us back into the past.

It is our duty. Our responsibility.

I hope that same spark that led this nation through the War with the wide ranging beliefs of Franklin Roosevelt live in us all today. Not the racism and divisiveness of men like Representative Broussard.

Join me. Together lets forge the future."

Taridaria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Taridaria » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:21 pm

Flowerdell wrote:
(Image)The Associated Press (Image)

Politics

January 18th, 1959

The newly elected Senator from Massachusetts, the Democrat William Lawrence Oswald Jr., has some choice insights about the party he has now represented in both chambers of Congress. Speaking to an assembled crowd outside the capitol building he declared that his party had a "serious problem" that it would need to address before the 1960 election. The full transcript of his speech is as follows;

"I thank you all for coming to listen to me today. Whilst for many this is a victorious time, our party haven taken back both chambers of Congress in what can be perceived as a boost of confidence after two electoral defeats, and even victorious for myself personally with my amendment passing all levels of government, for me this a time of worry. A time of great confusion. Over the past few years, I have observed with my own eyes the privilege and the hurtful rhetoric that exudes from some within our ranks. These members cling to beliefs that hold themselves in the early 19th century. Not the modern day.

We as a party are struggling with this war. The war between two sides of what should be the very same coin, yet is as different as a quarter and a Soviet Ruble.

Recent developments in the House, with bills too dastardly to name, has prompted me to speak here today.

The 60's are coming, and they are coming fast. We as Americans will be defined in this coming decade, how we handle war, communism, welfare. And yes, civil rights.

It is the duty of all good Americans to try and find a way forward that is best for our country. I seek to do that.

I fought in the pacific during the war, like I know many of you out here did as well. I was awarded a medal during those years. A medal that defines me and who I am. That medal signals my commitment to this nation, it signals the sacrifices men and women go through to keep that flag flying high. That flag is associated with ideals.

Things we know, things we cherish, yet things we let slip beneath our fingers like we're swimming through a river. Fundamental American principles that stand in stark contrast to the dismal and evil rhetoric of our rivals on the world stage. We, as a party, as a people, need to live up to those ideals.

So why am I here? For the pretty speech? I am sure that's where some hope this ends, but it does not. I can't sit by anymore. That medal, that flag, deserve more from me. Will I abandon my party like some already have? No. I believe in it's principle. I believe in the man that led us through a world war. I can't abandon something I love so dear, something that put me in front of you today. My job is to help it heal itself of the trauma it has taken, of the wounds it has had inflicted to it.

I call on all good Democrats. Senators, Representatives, Governors, Mayors. All of the good, brave, honest Americans I have met and loved everyday of my career. I want you to join me. I want you to meet with me. I want us to find a way forward for America. Not one that brings us back into the past.

I hope that same spark that led this nation through the War with the wide ranging beliefs of Franklin Roosevelt live in us all today. Not the racism and divisiveness of men like Representative Broussard.

Senator Elmer Russel Stevens, Texas
Watching Senator Oswald's Speech Live
18 January 1959

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elmer had leant back against a small bannister and taken out his handkerchief, dabbing at the few droplets of sweat that covered his brow. His hand leant against the wall next to him, the support a grace for his numb leg - he had been standing for far too long on this day and the days prior - his work had picked up and his reading of proposals and his fervent debates and his needing to travel to and fro so often it had his head in a spin... well - it was a busy few days yet. And it seemed that it was not going to slow soon. His eyes rose behind his light shades and he smiled wider, hastily stuffing the small pocket-square back into his breast, heartily raising his hands and applauding with enthusiasm.

He looked over the crowd, and watched them hang on the words - some confused, some eager, some angry and some... in awe. The young man clearly had a way with words and his charms had won over enough to rouse a general interest among all sexes. It would serve him well and draw far more attention to the younger senator than he imagined he was used to. But he seemed to take the adoration and the attention in stride, and that made Elmer chuckle even more...

He thought back to his daughter who had gushed over the man when they first met, and who had pushed her young paramour towards the young war hero and listened raptly at his calm, quiet, firm and reasoned responses.

William had been careful in his wording, exemplifying so much of the war hero candor as Elmer had ever seen in a man. He was cautious to glorify, considerate in justifying the goals of war - and the reasons for killing. And while the young man and his daughter had been eager to learn and ask and take in with awe - Elmer had read in between those words much about his views on the war as it was - and his own thoughts on it reflected much in his insights. He wished they knew more - he wished they understood more.

Another round of applause drew his attention back to the present, where he saw the man close off his speech. Elmer stood up, grabbing his cane, walking forwards and standing a bit closer, encouraging the enthusiasm in the crowd as questions started firing - answering a few of the ones who seemed to fall behind or have their questions go unanswered.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:27 pm

Politics

"IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE PARTY, THEN LEAVE THE PARTY!"
Sharp Blasts "Silly Bill" Oswald

Mississippi Senator Joshua Sharp condemns remarks by Massachusetts Senator Bill Oswald

By Mordecai Flanders
January 19th, 1959
Presidential candidate and Senator Joshua Sharp ventured from the protection of his senate office and ended up directly in front of the Capitol Building to answer several questions from the press. While many were mundane, such as his legislative actions within the Senate and party promise to stay put in the senate for at least the next week before hitting on the campaign trail again, the Senator was remarkably hostile towards Senator William "Bill" Oswald of Massachusetts, a fellow democrat.

His slap back remarks come after Senator Sharp was called out by name in a speech given by the Massachusetts democrat outside the steps of the capitol. While Sharp's meandering voice murmured on various other issues, the Senator kept a portion of his speech, (freshly written by his former campaign manager, who was now his chief- speech writer among other responsibilities) directly on personal attacks on the freshman Democrat.

"I'm honestly surprised I got this many people out here. Howdy crowd. Now, I'll-uh, try to keep this short, sweet and to the point. Ok, that's a southern lie. I'll meander on like a demented grandpa. Back in my day, the youth respected their elders. Back in my day, we might have even had slavery! Ok, I'm not THAT old, but I'm pretty old. I'm sure Bill is a good man. But he is remarkably young. He seems inexperienced in matters of politics. He's fresh off the boat, as the sayin' goes. He'll have to get accustomed to Senate orthodoxy here. I'd advise myself as a teacher, but I think he'd be better off under the wing of Senator Boone. He's been here a long time anyhow.

Senator Bill is green, he's bound to make mistakes here and there. I totally get that. I make mistakes all the time. Just recently I put my pants on backwards, why else do you think I'm hiding my lower torso behind this podium, because you like seein' my wrinkely old face? However, I cannot stand for, and I'm sure Representative Broussard cannot stand for, are petty personal attacks! This is not helping our case in the elections. They are the reason why we folded in '52 and '56 to the devil occupant of the white house! Of course I mean henry silly billy, davis! Speakin' of silly billy, that's what the senator is! He's incredibly young, though I have to at least admire his love of politics, though I disagree with him on many things.

He's got charisma, he's got an appeal to the liberal wing of the Democratic Party, just how me and my good associate Boone are divvying up the die-hard southern alligators and crocodiles that form the proud "confederate wing", or Dixiecrat faction of the Democratic Party. I hate to say this to him, but as my partisan notions take hold, Bill, If you don't like the Party, then just leave the Party!

Join the Republicans, it seems you'd be happier there than you are here! It boggles my own, elderly brain as to why he's so cotton-pickin' upset with us state's rights segregationists! We're the old fashioned generation, the gentlemen of our day and age! I've been in the house and senate probably before he was even made in his momma's womb! Heck he was bein' fed by his momma when I was fightin' in some flanders field, crappin' my pants out in a trench tryin' not to gone been blown'ed up by a kraut shell! I am a war hero!

In conclusion, the next time 'silly bill' Oswald takes calls me and my associates out, calls the entirety of the southern dixiecrat lovin' south out, I will be here to defend it from such blasphemous remarks. I do hope this is a lesson to the green boy. You can't build rome in a day, I should know, I've been sittin' on my butt for twelve years in the Senate with little to show for it! Have some patience, please."

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:44 pm

Flowerdell wrote:

Politics

January 18th, 1959

January 15, 1959; 4:32 pm; Boston, Massachusetts

James had been in his office reading the newspaper, as he usually did when not campaigning or leading the National Negro Rights Coalition. He read the speech of Senator Oswald thoroughly, and liked what he was reading. "I like this kid.", James said to himself. He thought about giving him a call, but initially decided against it. He then thought long and hard about it, then came to a simple conclusion: "Ah, what the hell?", James thought to himself. He then picked up his phone, dialed Oswald's number, and waited for him to pick up.

Dalmannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dalmannia » Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:38 pm

Flowerdell wrote:

Politics

January 18th, 1959

January 18th, 1959; 9:09 pm; Sacramento, California

“A way forward for America”

This phrase, among others resonated with the Governor as he read over William Oswald’s speech once more. He was more than aware of the dire state of his party, though he had neglected to speak on such a matter during the morning’s press conference. But all things considered, he wouldn’t have really lost many points in his home state if he had attacked the regressive, racially charged bills in the House of Representatives which stained his party’s reputation. As a matter of fact, his office had even received some phone calls later this afternoon from state party members, and allied Republicans calling for Stoltzman to disavow the odious bigotry emanating from Capitol Hill. As he considered such a measure, Stoltzman had some hesitation, for he did not want to feed the flames of inter-party rancor. He had heard of Senator Sharp’s retaliatory remarks against Senator Oswald, but he had neglected to read them—it would’ve been a waste of this time anyways—and couldn’t help but think of what effects this could have in the 1960 election.

Stoltzman himself had begun to consider involvement in that race. He would be willing to at least primary Boone, Sharp and Lahde. He liked Lahde, and would probably support him if he were to come out on top, but he doubted that he could stomach supporting Sharp, and Boone was a very far stretch. There was no hope for the Democratic Party of Franklin Delano Roosevelt if the Dixiecrats boldly began to dominate the scene.

”Not one that brings us back into the past”

But he had to know more about what was going on across the country. If there was any hope of a liberal comeback against the pointy-cowled phantoms of the Dixiecrat Deep South which stalked the halls of Congress, there needed to be coordination and awareness among his fellow moderate-to-liberal Democrats.

He made up his mind.

The Governor went over to the phone, and dialed Senator Oswald’s office. If a secretary were to answer it, he would tell them to let Senator Oswald know that the Governor wanted to meet with him: either over the phone or in person in Northern California. In the latter case, Governor Stoltzman would be willing to pay for the Senator’s air fares out of his own pocket. He looked forward to speaking with the Senator, and forging a path forward.
Co-Founder of the International Consortium of Democratic Nations

Free Ward Marchers
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ward Marchers » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:04 pm

ImageThe Associated PressImage

Politics

January 19th, 1959

Unofficial Presidential Opinion Poll

Sample Size: 1000 People

Democratic Opinion Poll:
Senator Floyd Ladhe: 45%
Senator Earl Boone: 20%
Senator Joshua Sharp: 15%
Undecided: 20%

Republican Opinion Poll:
General Jonathan Jackson: 53%
Governor Rodger Bradford: 42%
Undecided: 5%
Last edited by Free Ward Marchers on Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Senator Julie Littenbaum (D-WA)
Rep. Bobby Markoe (R-IL-15)

FREE THE UYGHURS, STOP CHINA

Social Democrat, Avid Marijuana Enthusiast, Proud Transgender Female, Gimme Healthcare Pls

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:00 pm

Hubert Broussard Press Conference

Hubert begins to speak, in a broadcast that would be on Radio,

"Hello! Fellow Children of the Confederacy, Members of the Cloth, and anyone else who's mosey's along with this broadcast. I speak to you today about the demise of a bill, a good bill with immeasurable positives consequences, and a bill that would help all people, young to old, black to white. This bill was named the NRA, the Negro Relocation Act, a misnomer, as I like to call it because the bill would NOT, I repeat, WOULD NOT, relocate any colored man, woman, or child, without their consent. This was not a mandatory relocation, this was simply a choice."

"The negros are growing in population, they multiply like rabbits, causing mass amounts of poverty, and large ghettos to form in some of our country's most inner cities. From New Orleans to Los Angelas, to New York to Miami, hundreds and thousands of colored folk, rest at night, uneasy about the next day, in a land that isn't of their own. We must face these facts with a heavy heart, and that's exactly what I did, I looked at these facts and I said to myself, these folks don't belong here, they don't want to be here!"

"Slavery took some of the most hardworking savages and turned them into fine chattel, ripe for any work that was put forth. As the century turned, we saw a change in the colored man, from a hardworking laborer to lazy, melon grubbing loungers who kill each other over a few pills or bottles of booze. Look at the facts of our nation, for some reason, Separate But Not Equal is unconstitutional when it comes to education, but I don't think Einstein studied with black folk, and look at him!"

"The negro man is unable to ascertain the high thinking and quality of life that a white man can, that is not his fault. My bill would have simply given the black population a choice, on whether they wanted to stay in our beautiful WHITE land, or if they wanted to leave and go back to the location from which they came. It seems like our congress doesn't want to give the negro a choice, it seems like congress wants to force a group of people to stay in a place where they don't belong, and a place where they don't want to be!"

"My bill was supported by Representative Douglas, wholeheartedly in fact, until last minute when he changed his vote simply because I uncovered the truth about his most recent bill that he tried to sign me onto. I was tricked, I was bamboozled! I will do my damndest to prove to the people of congress that his bill is more unconstitutional than those instituting Separate but Equal policies. I will fight like hell to protect America from these traitors! I call on Senator Boone, and Senator Sharp to denounce these bills and denounce these policies, to prove that they love America, just the way it is!"

"Thank y'all for listening, and stay tuned because this ain't the last you hear from Bertie Broussard! Take care, and God bless!"

Cybernetic Socialist Republics
Minister

Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:28 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:

Politics

January 18th, 1959

General Jonathan Jackson Supports FREE Act

Pledges to Streamline Bureaucracy, Cut Taxes

The Former Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers and current presumptive Presidential nominee for the Republican Party, Jonathan Jackson, in a public announcement stated his support for the Federal Relief Ensuring Entrepreneurialism Act of Senator Sofia Fraser while pledging as President to further streamline government bureaucracy and cut taxes.

"I lend my support to the Federal Relief Ensuring Entrepreneurialism Act proposed by the esteemed Senator Sofia Fraser. It is a bill that will streamline government bureaucracy by replacing a number of different, difficult to manage inefficient welfare programs that cost a lot with a single, easy to manage and administer, program. That's the way forward for the Republican Party; our objective should be a leaner, more efficient government that delivers results. You do not need big government and complex bureaucracy to provide social support. As President, I shall further streamline government bureaucracy, making our social programs more efficient and cutting waste, allowing us in turn to cut taxes for the average American."

Free Ward Marchers wrote:
(Image)The Associated Press(Image)

Politics

January 19th, 1959

Unofficial Presidential Opinion Poll

Sample Size: 1000 People

Democratic Opinion Poll:
Senator Floyd Ladhe: 45%
Senator Earl Boone: 20%
Senator Joshua Sharp: 15%
Undecided: 20%

Republican Opinion Poll:
General Jonathan Jackson: 53%
Governor Rodger Bradford: 42%
Undecided: 5%

Governor Fraser Calls General Jackson to thank him for his endorsement of the FREE Act and congratulate him on his leading in the polls.

Latvijas Otra Republika
Minister

Founded: Feb 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Latvijas Otra Republika » Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:58 am

Senator Lahde Visits Chicago, Proclaims Support for N.A.S.A & Atomics

By Lee Roy Jenky

The Montana Senator, currently standing as the theoretical frontrunner in the Democratic Primaries, conducted a tour of Chicago after a speech. In front of a crowd of Illinoians and an array of other officials and press members, Senator Lahde announced his official stances on some of America's scientific pursuits and federal organizations. With the backdrop of the recent Russian success with Sputnik, the recent founding of NASA and the threat of nuclear annihilation: Lahde's views were surprisingly optimistic.
"Not so long ago, we as Americans had a frontier in front of us. Inhospitable, unknown, volatile and desolate - these were some of the words how the heartland of the American continent was called. This frontier was seen as impenetrable, lacking lands to farm and the God given tools to live comfortably. There was danger behind every blade of grass, seas of mud during rain and endless iced-snow expanses in winter. No laws governed it, no tracks ran through it. But the human spirit saw something to explore, something to conquer and even settle. In this natural spirit, seeking risk and reward, we came forward and began crossing this frontier. Americans of all creeds now saw what was once a barrier as an opportunity, with resources and land to spare - even gold and riches to gain. Manifest Destiny guided us, bringing untold treasures and spreading the light of liberty. Through bravery, trekking through uncertainty and our exceptional American spirit we now crossed the uncrossable and made hospitable the inhospitable. We did what was seen as impossible, what other before us failed to do."
"Now comes the time where a much greater and unifying frontier unfold before us: dark, cold, silent, unknown. Where man has only looked in awe, from Aristotle to Edison the darkness above was seen as impossible to cross and conquer. Now it is our time, our generation's duty to cross the uncrossable and give life to the lifeless. The N-A-S-A holds endless potential in seeking out the universe's many mysteries, to go beyond stars and beyond the very moon above. This our manifest destiny, humanities' manifest destiny. In five years we may send satellites, better than the Communist Russians, in ten we may send men and in twenty whole entire colonies. In thirty, whole ever circling fleets - the potential is endless. Those American stars on our great flag will stand as a testament to our destiny for future generations, for the thing we were always meant to do. I hereby give my support for future American cosmological endeavours, to do those things which are worth it for the good of all mankind."
"As I have said many times before, nuclear power will fuel our future. A slow and gradual switch, considering all safety measures and prioritising coal-gas & all other energy workers, has the potential of making us live in abundance. No dirty old smoggy air, no need to worry for your lungs. The energy to fuel entire decades of consumption is within our hands, the greatest annihilator the world has ever seen can also be the greatest provider if used correctly and to high standard. We must not let the Russians out do us in these vital technological spheres, Communism will use these human tools not for good but for destruction and death. Our current President has failed us in this regard I am afraid, we should've been ahead yet we are not. I promise, under my administration I shall make no such lapses in American technological ability. We will usher in a new age of great luxury and comfort. Melting away our struggles, setting sight to the cosmos."
"What this decade has demonstrated is the genius ingenuity of American thinkers and workers, just imagine the boundless potential the sixties will hold. I will gladly standby with out many scientists, with all of you, for a brighter future!"
Free Navalny, Back Gobzems

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:58 am

Cybernetic Socialist Republics wrote:
Governor Fraser Calls General Jackson to thank him for his endorsement of the FREE Act and congratulate him on his leading in the polls.

Jackson took the call from his office. "Governor Fraser? I am pleased to have the chance to finally talk with you," Jackson said. Fraser was one of the leading voices in the liberal wing of the GOP, and Jackson had long sought to establish bridges with that wing of the party in order to keep the Republican Party united after winning the nomination.
Signature:

“In war, to keep the upper hand, you have to think two or three moves ahead of the enemy.”
- Char Aznable

"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
- Sun Tzu

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:02 am

Deblar wrote:January 15, 1959; 4:32 pm; Boston, Massachusetts

James had been in his office reading the newspaper, as he usually did when not campaigning or leading the National Negro Rights Coalition. He read the speech of Senator Oswald thoroughly, and liked what he was reading. "I like this kid.", James said to himself. He thought about giving him a call, but initially decided against it. He then thought long and hard about it, then came to a simple conclusion: "Ah, what the hell?", James thought to himself. He then picked up his phone, dialed Oswald's number, and waited for him to pick up.

The Senator's office had been sounding with calls all day, especially since the speech he gave outside the capitol building. It seemed some people had indeed been listening. Willie for the most part felt some kind of beckoning hope, especially with the latest opinion polls that showed certain candidates faring particularly badly. Yet there was still much work to be done, and he wanted to build a coalition of like-minded individuals, perhaps together they could influence the next election in a way that was favorable to their wing of the party. It was about time they stood up and made their voice heard against the backdrop of the very vocal minority.

"Senator, it's a Mr. James Brown Jr. for you?"

Willie recognized the name, quickly looking away from Senator Sharps remarks on his interview and speech.

"Pass the phone over, Janice."

Grabbing the cord, placing the phone against his ear.

"Mr. Brown? This is Senator Oswald. Thank you for getting in touch. I must say I am an admirer of your work, and Massachusetts would be well served by an individual such as yourself. It's great privilege to get to speak with you. I presume this is about my speech? I meant every word of it. I want build a coalition in this party. I hope I can count on your support, but regardless, you can damn well count on mine."

Perhaps he was rushing ahead too fast, but there was no time like the present.

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 9:18 am

Politics

SHARP CAMPAIGN RELEASES OFFICAL PLATFORM
Platform comes among low poll numbers

Mississippi Senator Joshua Sharp denies poll as reason for platform

By Mordecai Flanders
January 19th, 1959
The Campaign Manager for Mississippi Senator and Democratic Presidential Candidate Joshua Sharp, named Trevor Wilson Chamberlain, has released the senator's Presidential campaign platform. This move comes as a presidential poll was published showing the candidate dead last with 15% , with the undecideds and Tennessee Senator Boone tied at 20%, while the more liberal wing of the party has rallied around Montana Senator Floyd Ladhe at 45%.

Domestic Matters:

Education: Senator Sharp believes in a combination of self-education with the help of state government facilities and their associated infrastructure is the best possible outcome for the youth of the next generation. While Senator, Sharp has added in pork barrel spending to various bills that allocate funds to struggling public schools within the United States. As President, Sharp intends on forming a potential "Office of Educatin' the Youngin's" and a cabinet level position called "The Department of Elderly Advice and Consent" to instill good, military level discipline on today's rambuckous and riotous youth.

Such a cabinet level position will be headed by relatives of witnesses to the scopes monkey trial, if any are available, and based on overall competence at their posts.

Sharp firmly believes it is not the student's failings, but the fault of faculty and staff for being too "over-worked" and "underpaid". Sharp, while Senator, has worked on legislation that would allocate a mandatory number of paid days off for each teacher while not sacrificing the overall quality of education the young child gets out of public school. Senator Sharp promises, if elected, to sign an executive order segregating the coloreds from white schools, regardless of what the Supreme Court says.

Sharp is a firm opponent of teacher's unions, and has vowed to "lock every single damn commie teacher up and throw away the key". Already as Senator Sharp has pushed frequently into anti-communist (not McCarthy) style hearings into the Teacher's Unions, alleging they were backed by foreign influence, though he has yet to come up with concrete evidence for such a claim. The most Sharp would do for teachers would be to negotiate better hours, better raises and possibly smaller class sizes so as not to overwhelm the "exhausted disciplinarian."

Suffrage: The recently passed Constitutional Amendments on D.C's Suffrage and abolition of the Poll Tax are travesty's on state's rights. D.C is not a state, yes, but the people of the south do not wish for it to be a territory again! The capital city of the United States should have no weight when it comes to important political decisions. I do not want the Presidential election next November to be so close as to have three men outweigh the voices of the good old south with some hippy liberal dude.

Sharp Intends to get two Constitutional Amendments passed that will overturn both the 23rd and the 24th Amendments to the U.S Constitution, with potential implementation of future Amendments (with the precedent of the 21st overturning the 18th).

As a potential trade off, Senator Sharp intends to get a bill passed that will strengthen the 17th Amendment from abuse, or to allow D.C the status of "incorporated territory" of the United States, and move the Federal Government's capital to Richmond, Virginia, as the Confederate States of America proudly did when they left the union legally.

Minimum Wage: A Sharp administration intends on removing the federal minimum wage entirely, instead leaving it to the states to set out an 'individual's bare minimum'. Sharp has publicly mused on a 49 cent hourly baseline, though he has not yet come to a definite conclusion on this, and intends to meet "with other senators on the feasibility of such legislation."

Farmers: A Sharp administration will leave it to each state to allow aid to individual farms. Sharp, however, will make sure that any potential financial relief will be allocated first and foremost to smaller, family held farms rather than large, company owned ones. Sharp has praised farmers repeatedly throughout his senate tenure, and has voted for legislation that would make it easier for farmers to seek damages against foreclosure threats by banks and other "'misbehavin' financial 'stitutions." Sharp intends to update the legal code of the U.S to better suit rural communities in contrast to urban areas wherever he can as according to the constitution.

Healthcare: Sharp will not jam unwarranted and unwanted socialized medicine down the throats of everyday Americans. Instead, Sharp will come up with the Interstate Healthcare Act (Sharp-care) while in the Senate. Sharp-care will see to it that existing federal regulations with respect to legal areas and medicine costs are stripped away, letting the free market do what it wills. Sharp belives that every american family simply needs two things:
"A first aid kit, and enough chicken noodle soup to see your youngin's through colledge!"

Sharp has publicly announced his wish to work with the Campbells soup company in ensuring the mass manufacture of at least 125 million cans of chicken noodle soup. He has also planned to contact the Coca-Cola Company in acquiring a "federal stockpile of this new coke drink Sprite", with orders of 100 million twelve ounce cans being declared.

Social-Security: Not wanting to say anything too rash, A Sharp administration will ensure that every single (white) American gets social-security benefits that they would be able to begin to draw out of at the ripe old age of 69. A hypothetical Sharp administration will also have a series of "weakening locks" on the amount of social security money one is able to tap into, starting with the age of 20, it's 1%, at 30 it's 2%, at 40 it's 5% at 50 it's 20%, 60 it's 45%; with your access to the full amount elidable when a person reaches the age of 70.

For the colored race, as they are uncivilized and nasty they will live shorter lives anyways so they do not need as much assistance in a Sharp Administration. The following brackets will be for the negro race:
20 year old- 0.5%
30 year old 1.0%
40 year old 4.0%
50 year old 8.0%
60 year old 25.0%
70 year old 55.0%
80+: the full amount

Foreign Policy:
The two largest threats to the American way of life are two fold: godless communist Russian bastards, and the british.
A Sharp administration will go headlong into the fight agaisnt communism, though not without domestic concerns being weighed heavily. Sharp will confront the red menace wherever she pops up, so as to defend American interests be they domestic or international with every "option on the table" including nuclear weapons possibly shipped to the Batista regime or even as far as to say we just "nuke the damn island" so as to prevent a communist takeover.

A Sharp administration, however, will see no need to keep up a facade with the British. Sharp will come up with a plan called War Plan Onion that will see to it that the british race is utterly annihilated and wiped off the face of the planet. Their imperialist messages and anti-democratic feelings hold no sway this day and age. We are going on a mission to ensure the white-man can vote everywhere. Universal, white male-suffrage will be achieved in places where it is lacking, like Birmingham, England. Not Birmingham, Alabama.

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:17 am

Flowerdell wrote:
Deblar wrote:January 15, 1959; 4:32 pm; Boston, Massachusetts

The Senator's office had been sounding with calls all day, especially since the speech he gave outside the capitol building. It seemed some people had indeed been listening. Willie for the most part felt some kind of beckoning hope, especially with the latest opinion polls that showed certain candidates faring particularly badly. Yet there was still much work to be done, and he wanted to build a coalition of like-minded individuals, perhaps together they could influence the next election in a way that was favorable to their wing of the party. It was about time they stood up and made their voice heard against the backdrop of the very vocal minority.

"Senator, it's a Mr. James Brown Jr. for you?"

Willie recognized the name, quickly looking away from Senator Sharps remarks on his interview and speech.

"Pass the phone over, Janice."

Grabbing the cord, placing the phone against his ear.

"Mr. Brown? This is Senator Oswald. Thank you for getting in touch. I must say I am an admirer of your work, and Massachusetts would be well served by an individual such as yourself. It's great privilege to get to speak with you. I presume this is about my speech? I meant every word of it. I want build a coalition in this party. I hope I can count on your support, but regardless, you can damn well count on mine."

Perhaps he was rushing ahead too fast, but there was no time like the present.

"You can indeed count on my support, Senator Oswald. This party does need to do more to bring the change that America needs to remain the beacon of hope that it is to many people.", James replied

Cybernetic Socialist Republics
Minister

Founded: May 17, 2019
New York Times Democracy

Postby Cybernetic Socialist Republics » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:53 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:

Jackson took the call from his office. "Governor Fraser? I am pleased to have the chance to finally talk with you," Jackson said. Fraser was one of the leading voices in the liberal wing of the GOP, and Jackson had long sought to establish bridges with that wing of the party in order to keep the Republican Party united after winning the nomination.

"Good to speak to you General Jackson, I'll be honest, when my wife told me that she was likely to get an endorsement out of you for the FREE act, I thought she was joking, but then I saw in the papers and there it was. Seems you're a little more open to the proposals of the liberal wing of the republican party than I thought you'd have been I could have guessed you'd have supported cuts to bureaucracy and the doing away with the minimum wage, but I'd have assumed that you'd have criticism of the generosity of direct federal payments. Also, congratulates on leading the polls this far out, might not matter much in the long run, but it's better to be ahead than behind."

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:04 am

Politics

January 20th, 1959

General Jonathan Jackson Campaigns in Missouri

Pledges Tax Cuts, Military Manufacturing

The Former Supreme Commander for the Allied Powers and current presumptive Presidential nominee for the Republican Party, Jonathan Jackson, gave a speech to his supporters in St. Louis, Missouri. This comes as a continuation of his previous rallies in Arkansas and Oklahoma, with the General promising to visit all states. In his speech, he pledged to boost economic growth through tax cuts and to create new jobs through a military manufacturing program to arm America's allies.

"Our movement is growing!" the General said to the applauding crowd, referring to the recent unofficial presidential poll which showed Mr. Jackson enjoying a sizable lead in the Republican primaries. "Every day, more and more Americans join our cause to bring freedom and prosperity to every corner of this great nation! We are the greatest country in the history of mankind and we've got to act like it! Unfortunately, not everyone in DC shares that view. Some politicians in DC tell you that we have failed as a nation and believe that we should self-flagellate ourselves at every opportunity. I say that at every opportunity we have, we must declare how proud we are to be Americans!"

"But enough about those good for nothing careerists. I am here to talk about how to bring prosperity to all America! While some in DC care only about issues which affect fragments of American society only, talking about them all day long and ignoring the average American, our movement is about creating jobs and good wages for every American! As President I pledge to bring economic growth through tax cuts and military manufacturing."

"I shall cut the federal income tax, the corporate tax and create a minimum standard deduction. Instead of some politicians in DC grabbing your hard-earned money from your wallet and spending it on lavish wages for good for nothing bureaucrats, my tax plan shall allow every family to keep more of their money. Every family should have the right to spend their money, after tax, as they wish, and not as the government dictates. Let us extend choice, extend the will to choose and the chance to choose."

"People having more money to spend, means that they will buy more products at local stores, at the mom and pop neighborhood shop. Those shops, having far greater revenue, will want to expand their operations, creating in the process new, well-paying jobs. That is my vision for America: good, well-paying jobs for every American in the private sector. People who have a job and financial security are truly free, as they are not depended on the whims of the politicians in DC for their livelihood. That's what liberty is!"

"Along with the tax cuts, I shall put an end to red tape by cutting all useless regulations. We do need regulations that protect the rights for workers and consumers, but we do not need regulations that increase the cost of running a business and make products pricy. As President, I pledge that with this regulatory reform all products shall be cheaper! Cheaper products means that you can buy more products for less money! That means more money for you and your family!"

"The second pillar of my economic plan is military manufacturing. We are at a cold war with the forces of evil. We are in a battle between liberty and slavery, democracy and communism, good and evil, light and darkness. America is the light that shall sweep aside the darkness of communism. In order to do this, we must ensure that the Block of Freedom - America and its allies in Europe, South America, Asia and Africa - are far ahead of the Communist Block."

"As President, I shall increase military aid to our allies in the form of more weapons. Those weapons shall be manufactured exclusively here in America, creating new, well-paying manufacturing jobs. This plan shall not only put as ahead of the Communist Block and ensure that our allies can defend themselves, but it will also revitalized our manufacturing sector. Imagine how many thousands and thousands of new jobs shall be created in the process! We shall become the factory that arms the free world. Those will be well paying jobs with good benefits. While part of that cost shall be provided by our government, part of the cost shall also be provided by our allies. I believe that America must give aid, but I also believe that America should demand support too. It is a symbiotic relationship."

"While others in DC waste time on issues that affect only a few, my movement focuses on tax cuts and revitalizing our manufacturing. That's because my candidacy is about the average working-class and middle-class American! It isn't about pleasing some intellectual hotheads or the interests of the elite! As President, I pledge to be your champion. I will not care about politicking or public relations. I shall care only about doing what is good for Americans! Let us make America even greater!"

The crowed responded to the speech with shouts of "America! America!". After the speech, Mr. Jackson spoke with activists of the Republican Party, praised them and told them "we need more activism; we need to fight for our ideas. Winning elections is not enough, if we do not achieve an hegemony of our ideas in the public space."
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Sao Nova Europa
Minister

Postby Sao Nova Europa » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:14 am

Sao Nova Europa wrote:

"Good to speak to you General Jackson, I'll be honest, when my wife told me that she was likely to get an endorsement out of you for the FREE act, I thought she was joking, but then I saw in the papers and there it was. Seems you're a little more open to the proposals of the liberal wing of the republican party than I thought you'd have been I could have guessed you'd have supported cuts to bureaucracy and the doing away with the minimum wage, but I'd have assumed that you'd have criticism of the generosity of direct federal payments. Also, congratulates on leading the polls this far out, might not matter much in the long run, but it's better to be ahead than behind."

"Thank you for your congratulations. I have to admit that I had my doubts about the FREE act, but at the end of the day the choice was binary and clear; either keep the current status quo of multiple, hard to manage programs or support a single, simple to administer program, that will surely require fewer civil servants to run it and eliminate the minimum wage. With that binary in mind, I made my choice. With regards to the generosity of the payments, I believe that in the future they can be adjusted, as our economy will grow and tax cuts are legislated: assuming I become President of course," Jackson laughed.

"Speaking of the primaries, I believe that there need to be bridges between the liberal and the conservative wings of our party, lest we end up like the Democrats who fight amongst themselves. While we may not agree on every issue, we should debate differences in a refrained and polite manner and find things we have in common to keep us united. That's why - in part - I supported the FREE act; and why I would hope that the liberal wing of the party too would be open to supporting conservative policies, at least some of them."
Signature:

- Char Aznable

- Sun Tzu

Chia Dal
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 12, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Chia Dal » Wed Mar 03, 2021 11:31 am

Elizabeth sat in her office happy that the NRA failed in the house though she is very unhappy with Joshua Sharp's statement about wanting to destroy the British. She decided to write a letter to the Associated Press asking if they are willing to interview her.

She thought for 10 minutes if she should call the President or not. She rolled over to her phone and picks up the receiver and dials the President's office then waits for him to pick up.
Government Type: Federation
Leader: President Alexis Potter
Tech Level: MT/PMT
Territories: All of Europe, the Islands of the Caribbean, the Azores off the coast of Africa, Diego Garcia, the Soloman Islands, Namibia, South Africa and all of Russia west of the Ural Mountains
Country name: The European Federation
Founding Year: 1918

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse