NATION

PASSWORD

My Forum Posts don’t show where it says: “View Forum Posts”

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Airceltria
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

No results on forum posts

Postby Airceltria » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:50 am

For some reason when I went to check my forum posts the site said there was no suitable posts. Is this a glitch?

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Founded: Mar 02, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:53 am

Airceltria wrote:For some reason when I went to check my forum posts the site said there was no suitable posts. Is this a glitch?

Forum indexing usually breaks egosearch on a Thursday, so this is definitely out of the norm.

Perhaps related to the new disk [v] installed a few days ago.
EDIT: gee, this is a boring thousandth post...
Last edited by SherpDaWerp on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Became an editor on 18/01/23 techie on 29/01/24

Rampant statistical speculation from before then is entirely unofficial

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:55 am

Airceltria wrote:For some reason when I went to check my forum posts the site said there was no suitable posts. Is this a glitch?

I'm getting this issue too. I'm assuming there is an issue with the indexing system or something, as this type of thing usually only happens on Thursdays when the server is reindexing and such, and *checks calendar* it isn't Thursday, it's Monday.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Airceltria
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 16, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Airceltria » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:55 am

How long will it take for this to be fixed?

Indo States
Minister

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:55 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:

Forum indexing usually breaks egosearch on a Thursday, so this is definitely out of the norm.

Perhaps related to the new disk [v] installed a few days ago.

Same for me... Same results. I believe there is an Problem with Forum Indexing..
Last edited by Indo States on Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fédération Fatimanienné - Fatiman Federation
Country of Freedom and Education

I DO NOT USE NATIONSTATES STATS

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:56 am

Airceltria wrote:How long will it take for this to be fixed?

How long is a piece of string?

It all depends on the nature of this issue, whether there is an admin available, etc.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Naval Monte
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 04, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Naval Monte » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 am

Same here.
Naval Monte- The Mediterranean crossroads of mind-controlling conspiracies, twisted dimensions, inhuman depravity, questionable science, unholy commerce, heretical faiths, absurd politics, and cutting-edge art.

Make wonderful memories here, in Naval Monte.

Grey County
Envoy

Founded: Jun 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Grey County » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:57 am

Im getting this issue but when I look at the actual forums i find my posts

Istoreya
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Istoreya » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:58 am

I can't see my own 'your posts' page or the post pages of other users either.

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:59 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:Perhaps related to the new disk [v] installed a few days ago.

I mean, the Hard Drive that the NationStates Forums Use?

In addition to other Problems, I Experienced the Same Problem while Looking at User's Forum Posts.
Last edited by Indo States on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kashimura
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby Kashimura » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:01 am

I make no promises, but for something so simple and relatively innocuous, I’d imagine it’d only take a few hours at worst. I think everyone’s having the same problem.
Alternately, this might be a normal Thursday indexing error and the world thinking it’s Monday is part of it, in which case we have a far more serious problem on our hands.
⛔️ OUR IMPERIAL FACTBOOKS ARE UNDER ⛔️
⛔️ CONSTRUCTION! ⛔️
⚠️ Currently operating WIP factbooks. ⚠️
This empire DOES NOT use NSStats, but it does guide its own NSStats to better fit the nation.

An 11.75 civilization, according to this index.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:02 am

Grey County wrote:Im getting this issue but when I look at the actual forums i find my posts

Well yes you will, as it's not like your posts have disappeared, it's just that the index for them isn't functioning for one reason or another. It's like if you tear the index pages out of a book, then it doesn't make the rest of the book disappear...

Wave on, wave on

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:04 am

Kashimura wrote:

I make no promises, but for something so simple and relatively innocuous, I’d imagine it’d only take a few hours at worst. I think everyone’s having the same problem.
Alternately, this might be a normal Thursday indexing error and the world thinking it’s Monday is part of it, in which case we have a far more serious problem on our hands.

Sounds like the Rumored "Y2K" Bug that could "Destroy" the World...

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 am

Of interesting note is that even when the forums are indexing on Thursday, it would usually just result in out-of-date threads that you have participated in. This time, I simply cannot see "View your posts", for example.

With that said, the threads are still alive, you just need to sorta find them on Board Index.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 am

Valentine Z wrote:Of interesting note is that even when the forums are indexing on Thursday, it would usually just result in out-of-date threads that you have participated in. This time, I simply cannot see "View your posts", for example.

With that said, the threads are still alive, you just need to sorta find them on Board Index.

I agree, But sounds kinda Hard for me to find my Posts if I've searching my Posts in the Board Index.
Last edited by Indo States on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:07 am

Indo States wrote:I mean, the Hard Drive that the NationStates Forums Use?

Relevant reading.

FWIW, the search function as a whole is broken, keyword searches return no results, as well as all three methods of searching by user (egosearch, user id, and author name). In the meantime, complaining about it and saying "me too" probably won't get an admin online faster... 'tis but a waiting game now.

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:10 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:FWIW, the search function as a whole is broken, keyword searches return no results, as well as all three methods of searching by user (egosearch, user id, and author name). In the meantime, complaining about it and saying "me too" probably won't get an admin online faster... 'tis but a waiting game now.

Idk if there is an Admin Active for now, and the Only Problem is, NS has no Email to Report Problems even if the Site is Down, kinda Inconvenient.

Caribbean Confederation
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 09, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Caribbean Confederation » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:14 am

Valentine Z wrote:Of interesting note is that even when the forums are indexing on Thursday, it would usually just result in out-of-date threads that you have participated in. This time, I simply cannot see "View your posts", for example.

This does occasionally happen for me (I'd never realised it was only on Thursdays, til). Sometimes it results in unsynced threads (i.e. stuff you'd see in page 2 of your view your posts) but sometimes it's blank like it is right now. Wonder how long it'll take for it to be fixed.
Confederate States of the Caribbean
The World | Political Parties | Overview | Military | President
The Havana Post: PATO lifts No-Fly Zone on 'those parts of Venezuela that are not under Bolivarian occupation'. | European Commonwealth declares all African states with troops active in Congo to be 'in violation of the Commonwealth's demands', deploys soldiers into Congo-Leopoldville for the second time in 4 months. | Pan-Asiatic Mutual Defense Pact rebukes Aceh's accusation that the Philippines is committing genocide in Mindanao, threatens 'retaliatory actions' if Aceh does not back down. | Zamboanga, Moroland, Jolo and Bongao decimated by Philippinese military, police in reprisal for the Dansalan bombing, killing 138,789 in a week.

SherpDaWerp
Technical Moderator

Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby SherpDaWerp » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:15 am

Indo States wrote:NS has no Email to Report Problems even if the Site is Down, kinda Inconvenient.

I believe there is an admin email to report problems, I'm not 100% though so I'm not going to say what I think it is. And in any case:
Ballotonia wrote:We don't need 10k users all individually emailing the admin team when there is a major problem with the site which anyone can see at a glance...

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:
Indo States wrote:NS has no Email to Report Problems even if the Site is Down, kinda Inconvenient.

I believe there is an admin email to report problems, I'm not 100% though so I'm not going to say what I think it is. And in any case:
Ballotonia wrote:We don't need 10k users all individually emailing the admin team when there is a major problem with the site which anyone can see at a glance...

I think the Only Way to Report this Problem is to Contact PhpBB (The forum Provider for NationStates). Idk if they Require the Owner to Solve this issue, if it is, then we need to wait.
Last edited by Indo States on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

UniversalCommons
Senator

Founded: Jan 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby UniversalCommons » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 am

Me too.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:19 am

Same here.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

BTProductions
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby BTProductions » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:20 am

When will it be fixed?
Nation does not represent my political views and opinions.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:20 am

SherpDaWerp wrote:

I believe there is an admin email to report problems, I'm not 100% though so I'm not going to say what I think it is.

Yes there's an admin email address, and it's actually quite intuitive and obvious in terms of what it is. But I'm not going to post it directly here because that'd just be encouraging a flood of fellow forum users to use it to tell them about this issue, when there is really no need.

BTProductions wrote:When will it be fixed?

The New California Republic wrote:How long is a piece of string?
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wave on, wave on

Indo States
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Indo States » Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:30 am

The only solution to Solve this problem I think is to Clear your Site Cookies for Both NationStates Gameside and Forumside, I think that works.
Last edited by Indo States on Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical