NATION

PASSWORD

Lord of the Rings: Fall of Man | OOC | Always Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Next Step?

Poll ended at Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:32 pm

Go on hiatus
No votes
Reboot at a later date
17%
Continue on as is
83%
Throw in the towel
No votes

Total votes : 6

Empire of Techkotal
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Empire of Techkotal » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:21 pm

The number of warriors is down

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:35 pm

Empire of Techkotal wrote:The number of warriors is down

Thanks, looking good in that case. Accepted!

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 26, 2020
Ex-Nation

Elrond, friq yeah!

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:35 am

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:-snip-

I just googled list of evil elves one day and feanor seemed like a best bet.
Instead I'll take Elrond, because #TeamImladris.

Name: Elrond Halfelf
Race: Half-Elven
Appearance: Image
Elrond is tall and slender, like most elves and half-elves and has Umber brown hair and silver eyes. He tends to wear dark robes, mainly in the colors magenta, brown and red.
Role: Lord of Rivendell and Eregion, Duke of Northeastern Harlindon
Motives: Freeing Middle-Earth, finding the ONE RING and destroying it, killing Saruman for his treachery, ....
History:
Elrond Half-elven was the son of Eärendil and Elwing, and a great-grandson of Lúthien. He was born in the refuge of the Havens of Sirion in Beleriand late in the First Age, soon before its sack by the Sons of Fëanor. Elrond and his twin brother Elros were captured and raised by Maglor a Son of Fëanor. Though at first there was no great love between them, eventually Maglor took pity on them and cherished them, and eventually grew to love them. By the end of the First Age and the War of Wrath, the Sons of Fëanor were again working alone, suggesting that by this time Elrond and Elros had left their nominal captivity and traveled to Lindon.

Elrond and Elros were given the choice at the end of the First Age to be counted among Men or Elves. Elros chose the Fate of Men and became Elros Tar-Minyatur, the first King of Númenor. Elrond chose to be counted among the Elves, and remained in Lindon as captain and herald of Gil-Galad, the High King of the Ñoldor.

In SA 1695, Elrond was sent to Eregion by Gil-galad in an attempt to protect it from the invading forces of Sauron. Unfortunately, Elrond's host was too weak and was unable to hold off Sauron's army. He retreated north with a host of elves out of Eregion including Celeborn and remained ever watchful of Sauron from there. It was during the following two years (SA 1697) that Elrond founded Rivendell at the feet of the Misty Mountains, which survived as one of the last remaining strongholds against Sauron at the end of the Third Age.

After the combined forces of the elves under Gil-galad, Cirdan, Elrond and the Men of Númenor defeated Sauron in SA 1701 Elrond remained in Rivendell and hosted the first White Council, attended by Galadriel, at which it was decided that Elrond's home, the Last Homely House, would remain the last stronghold west of the Misty Mountains, and that the Three Rings then held by Gil-galad and Galadriel would remain hidden. According to one account Gil-galad at this time gave Elrond Vilya the Blue Ring, though in other accounts Gil-Galad kept both Narya and Vilya until the end of the Second Age. It was also here that Elrond first met Celebrían, the daughter of Celeborn and Galadriel.

Near the end of the Second Age, Elrond rode beside Gil-galad in the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, which set out from Rivendell to Mordor in SA 3431. Elrond was Gil-galad's herald during the war against Sauron. The Alliance, which also included elves from Lorien, men from Arnor and Gondor, and Dwarves led by Durin lV, eventually defeated Sauron's army and laid siege to Barad-dûr for seven years. Eventually, Sauron himself was defeated by Elendil and Gil-galad, allowing Isildur to cut the One Ring from Sauron's finger and claim the Ring for himself.

The war took a toll on the forces of both Elves and Men. Gil-galad, Elendil, and his younger son Anarion were killed in the siege. Elrond and Cirdan only remained as the commanders of the elves, and Isildur as lord of men. Upon discovering that Isildur had claimed the One Ring for himself Elrond urged Isildur to throw the Ring into the fires of Mount Doom, but the seduction of the ring made Isildur refuse. Isildur claimed the Ring as a Weregild for his father and brother, and Elrond (perhaps not fully understanding the nature of the One Ring) acknowledged his claim. Isildur was then named High King of Gondor and Arnor and took his father's throne, while Elrond returned to Rivendell at the end of the war.

In the year TA 109, Elrond wedded Celebrían. In the year TA 130, the twins Elladan and Elrohir were born, and in TA 241 a daughter, Arwen Undómiel. Elrond lost Celebrían in TA 2510 when she was waylaid by orcs crossing the Misty Mountains and, unable to recover, took a ship to the Undying Lands.

In the later years, he was instrumental in harboring the heirs of Isildur while the line lasted, the most famous of these sons of men was Aragorn son of Arathorn II, whom he took in and fostered as his own after his father died in TA 2933. Elrond, foreseeing the boy's difficult future gave him the name Estel, Sindarin for Hope. Aragorn grew up in Imladris unaware of his kingly lineage until Elrond told him when he had reached his manhood.

He also was a member of the White Council, which was often held in Rivendell, and was a great friend of Gandalf the Grey. He helped Thorin Oakenshield's expedition to retake the Lonely Mountain by discovering and translating the Moon Writing on Thorin's map.

After the unsuccesful retaking of Erebor, Elrond travelled to Lindon, where he aquired the title Duke of Prihalindon, and he went to sail the seas alone for a year, during his andventures he found Anguriel, Eöl sword, thought to be destroyed during the fall of Gondolin.

During the scouring of Rohan and Gondor in TA 301?, he decided to retake Eregion, put it under the protection spell with Vilya(same as with Rivendell), he had given refuge to many Rohhirim and Gondorians, Including Éowyn, Éomer, Faramir and Boromir. The town of Prilthin(Éseker in Westron). Bane of Durin reclaims most of eregion, which was not populated. He leaves only the Northernmost part

In TA 3020 he wages a war against Thuringwethil, In order to free The Shire and Buckland. He succeded and made the Union of Shire and Buckland, with the capital in Bywater and a republic-like system. The current mayor of USBB is Tolman Cotton.

Narsil is reforged into Ándruil in Rivendell, on Elrond's will in secret. Arwen and Aragorn marry, and Ándruil is given to Aragorn as a wedding gift.

Territory: Rivendell, North Eregion, Northeastern Harlindon(Prihalindon)
+USBB(Military protection only)
Strength: 45 Hobbit Shirrifs, 1100 Free Men of Rohan, Eriador and Gondor, 3 350 High Elves, 120 Great eagles, 50 dove messengers, 70 bird spies, 120 sailors and 40 Dwarves.
Artifacts: Vilya, Aeglos, the spear of Gil-Galad, Anguirel, the sword of Eöl.
Last edited by Lindon-Rivendell on Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:06 am, edited 5 times in total.
ELVEN POWAH!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:23 am

Lindon-Rivendell wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Hello there. Elerian is asleep right now so I'm going to see if I can answer your questions in his stead. If there are others in this thread with better knowledge about this, I would appreciate if they weighed in.

Yes, custom characters are allowed though we would prefer having major canon character roles filled first. Still, they are allowed.

So a few questions. Heir of Feanor you say so I assume being of Feanor's bloodline, yes? Celebrimbror was supposedly the last of that one unless Maglor still did some funny things after throwing his Silmarill into the sea. I'm uncertain if Elerian will allow that as the name comes with a bunch of baggage but I mean...from a purely technical perspective there are loose ends to which one could connect and produce a continued bloodline of Feanorites from.

The bigger questions is why join Sauron? As far as I am aware the Elves are near universally anti-Dark Lord, Maeglin having been the only exception I can think of and he had a reason for his betrayal. What is the reason for Aredan to just up and go "Hey yeah, this Sauron sounds like a great chap, what with all the war, slaughter and slavery and being complicit in having kept the Silmarill from my family and the death of nearly the entire family tree.". On top of that how is his son inspiring a notable number of Elves to do the same thing? Especcially an heir of Feanor, given that the Moriquendi were pretty damn pissed about the Kinslaying the sons of Feanor pulled on them.

Concerning the Palantir, I don't think there are broken Palantiri. 4 of the 7 are accounted for in Barad Dur, Minas Tirith (or wherever that one now is), Orthanc and Elostirion. 3 of the 7 are lost rather than broken, two being sunk and frozen deep in the Ice Bay of Forochel and one having been swept out into the sea by the river Anduin. Don't think they could be fixed with Gulduril either as probably a large part of why they work the way they work is because they are from Valinor.

There's also the question of this new ring. For one, you probably cannot make it from Galvorn. Eol was the inventor of that and took his secrets to the grave and the Galvorn he had created likely drowned with the rest of Beleriand. There's also no real connection between Eol and the heirs of Feanor, save for the fact that he met Curufin once, a meeting that didn't go well. The Feanor gem is also a bit, eh. Like, didn't Morgoth steal them and then proceed to feed them to Ungoliant? Of course, there might be surviving gems still and maybe there is something to this specific gem you mentioned that I couldn't find with a google search.

These are just things I see that would require explanation or changes, perhaps others can see more or different things here and we ultimately need Elerian's own opinion.

PS: Yeah, I can see that.
PPS: Since it is an original character, you will probably have to do that.

I just googled list of evil elves one day and feanor seemed like a best bet.
Instead I'll take Elrond, because #TeamImladris.

Well, evil isn't always the same evil. Feanor was clearly not a good elf but neither he or his sons would have ever cooperated with Morgoth or the Dark Lord Sauron.

So do you mean Elrond is evil now?

Imladris has probably fallen by this point so perhaps Lindon instead?
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:01 am

Oh sorry i was editing it so long, i made rivendell, eregion and hobbits be permanently at war
ELVEN POWAH!

Empire of Techkotal
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Empire of Techkotal » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:14 am

First of all you wanna play as the good guys. Ok fine, but in this scenario we are not the major powers that dominate Middleearth. You have more troops then Saruman and he is a major power you are not. So please reflect upon that with your army.
Now there did those Rohirrim come from? I mean Theoden had less at his disposal and you have to remember Rohan has already fallen to Saruman.
And honestly I don't think your going to get so many elves. I mean you see Elerian already wasn't ok with me having 4k dwarven warriors. So why should you now have 12k elven warriors? I mean you know what Lindon is right? It's a bunch of cowards which all want to leave Middleearth. Most of your elves are going to leave soon they aren't interested in staying for much longer.
Last edited by Empire of Techkotal on Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:28 am

Lindon-Rivendell wrote:

Oh sorry i was editing it so long, i made rivendell, eregion and hobbits be permanently at war

Okay, so, there are a few issues.

1. You cannot claim territory that others have claimed. The Balrog of Moria player, whose app is not finished I believe, has laid claim to Eregion. He did so before you too so his claim, unless ludicrous, takes precedence. You also cannot claim the Breeland or Fornost as Fornost is my capital and the Breeland under my occupation.

2. This makes your history not work now, does it? Besides, I never took the Shire, thanks to the staunch defense of the Dunedain and other Free Peoples.

3. Your forces. 36.500 Men of Gondor, Rohan and Eriador? You do realize that the mustering of Rohan saw Theoden gather 6.000 Riders under his command, after the casualty heavy battle of Helm's Deep that had 3.000 deployed Rohirrim. He did also have to keep garrisons in his fortresses at the time when he rode out to relieve Minas Tirith so maybe the full, peak strength of Rohan was at 15.000, give or take. Most of these would be dead or in slavery to Saruman, considering that he holds the Gap of Rohan and as such the only way from Rohan to the North. Much the same goes for Gondor, which not only would have to pass the Gap of Rohan but also pass through Anorien which, during the War of the Ring, was occupied by an army from the Morannon with the explicit goal of cutting Gondor off from Rohan. This leaves essentially only the coast to flee from, which is contested by the Corsairs of Umbar. 12.350 Elves? A tall number for a race pretty far down on decline and essentially having lost even more in Middle Earth now. I recommend checking what the Ered Luin player was allowed in terms of forces to get an idea of how it is for the good, Elder races at the moment.

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:58 am

Last edited by Lindon-Rivendell on Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
ELVEN POWAH!

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:07 am

Scrap it, I'll take someone else
ELVEN POWAH!

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Lokhúr, King of Umbar

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:21 am

One of The Nine, King of Umbar, currenty setteling in Dol Amroth.
Is that good?
ELVEN POWAH!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:10 am

Lindon-Rivendell wrote:One of The Nine, King of Umbar, currenty setteling in Dol Amroth.
Is that good?

Excellent in fact!
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:42 pm

So I added my troops to the Wood Spiders at my APP. It was both fun to do and also very umpleasant. I should say I have mild arachnophobia, so consider this faction choice a bit of self-punishment.

As always, let me know if a tweak on the numbers is in order. I am thinking I might add more, but will wait for opinions first.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:07 am

Arlye Austros wrote:So I added my troops to the Wood Spiders at my APP. It was both fun to do and also very umpleasant. I should say I have mild arachnophobia, so consider this faction choice a bit of self-punishment.

As always, let me know if a tweak on the numbers is in order. I am thinking I might add more, but will wait for opinions first.

Oh my, at first I didn't quite get what might've triggered the arachnophobia but after reading it, I think I have an inkling as to why. Christ, that's quite detailed.

You could probably also add smaller spiders, many smaller spiders if you want. (1,8 meters, even with leg span, really doesn't seem that small that a small child can deal with it). Elerian did mention he'd be open to you having thousands of cat or dog sized spiders afterall.

That aside though, I still recommend adding an appearance for her fair form.

Other than that, we'll have to wait for Elerian, who's currently dealing with some issues that sadly limit his ability to actively follow the thread or launch an IC. We'll see what we can do.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:35 am

Name: The Witch-king of Angmar, the Lord of the Nazgûl, the Wraith-king, the Black Captain
Race: Originally, a Man, possibly a Númenórean, but his origins are cloaked in mystery. Presently a Wraith, or more specifically, a Nazgûl.
Appearance:

Role: Witch-king of the realm of Angmar and of Rhudaur, leader of the Nazgûl, former Black Captain of Sauron, Lord of Minas Morgul (at least in name)
Motivations: Once a great king of Men, he was slowly but surely corrupted but one of the Nine Rings, becoming a wraith, bound to Sauron's will. Ever since, the Witch-king of Angmar has lived in order to fulfill Sauron's desires, and to gain vengeance against the realms of the Dúnedain in exile. But now, that his master is missing, hidden beneath a magical mist, the Witch-king finds himself with a level of free will that he has not had since his corruption at the hands of the Ring, and his motivations remain unclear. Openly at the very least, he continues to serve Sauron, seeking to expand the realm of Angmar and to break the last realms of the free peoples of Middle Earth, while from Minas Morgul, attempt after attempt is made to understand what happened in Barad-dur.
History: After leading Sauron's troops to victory in Gondor, the Witch-king returned to the ruins of his old capital of Carn Dûm, reclaiming the Kingdom of Angmar and the territories that had been under his influence before his defeat at the Battle of Fornost, while also continuing to at least in name serve as the Lord of Minas Morgul, doing his master's bidding. But with Sauron's disappearance, the Witch-king seems to hesitate. The forces of darkness are spread thin, and he senses the danger coming from the far East. But while he still is the Black Captain of Sauron's forces, the other Nazgûl might not follow his commands as they once did, the lack of orders from Sauron restoring some of their free will. So the Witch-king is preparing his forces, both to strengthen his position, and to accomplish Sauron's plans till their end.
Territory: Minas Morgul, the historical territory of Angmar and of Rhudaur
Strength: Morgul Host
-2 Nazgul & Fell Beasts
-50 Olog-hai
-100 Black Numenorean Morgul Knights
-Dozens of siege engines
-5.000 Black Uruks of Mordor
-30.000 Morgul Orcs

Angmarim Host
-Witch King and Fell Beast
-50 Black Numenorean Morgul Knights
-100 Hill & Snow Trolls
-10.000 Angmarim & Rhudaurim Hillmen
-10.000 Morgul Orcs
-15.000 Gundabad & Gram Goblins & Orcs
-2.000 Warg Riders
Notable Artifacts:
  • Ûri, the Heart-stopper, one of the Nine Rings of Power granted by Sauron to the Human Kings of old.
  • The Sword of Terror, a Númenórean sword
  • A Morgul blade
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:58 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Name: The Witch-king of Angmar, the Lord of the Nazgûl, the Wraith-king, the Black Captain
Race:
Appearance:
Role:
Motivations:
History: (After Sauron’s Victory)
Territory: (If Applicable)
Strength: (I.e. Retinues, Beasts of War, Ships, etc.)
Notable Artifacts:

Glad to have ya Thrac.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:37 pm

Arlye Austros wrote:So I added my troops to the Wood Spiders at my APP. It was both fun to do and also very umpleasant. I should say I have mild arachnophobia, so consider this faction choice a bit of self-punishment.

I do really like what I’ve seen thus far! Like I said before, thousands of spiders is certainly in the realm of possibility, then we’ll just need to get the Mordor brood finished.

Tracian Empire wrote:-snip-

Hey Trace, nice to see somebody taking one of the Sauronite Lieutenants.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:40 pm

Due to some personal reasons I haven’t been able to be as active as I may have liked, including posting the IC by now. However, I can try to get it out by Monday or so, but I’d like to know who is actually still here. The OOC hasn’t been the most active, so it’s hard to gauge whether some of the first applicants are still interested.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:41 pm

Elerian wrote:Due to some personal reasons I haven’t been able to be as active as I may have liked, including posting the IC by now. However, I can try to get it out by Monday or so, but I’d like to know who is actually still here. The OOC hasn’t been the most active, so it’s hard to gauge whether some of the first applicants are still interested.

Still here, still here.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Empire of Techkotal
Chargé d'Affaires

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Empire of Techkotal » Sun Feb 28, 2021 12:48 pm

Still here obviously

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:25 pm

Elerian wrote:Due to some personal reasons I haven’t been able to be as active as I may have liked, including posting the IC by now. However, I can try to get it out by Monday or so, but I’d like to know who is actually still here. The OOC hasn’t been the most active, so it’s hard to gauge whether some of the first applicants are still interested.

Still here, still here.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:28 pm

I am very much still here! Ready when you are, and take care!
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014

Postby Arlye Austros » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:14 pm

Still creeping around. Will get that Mordor Brood rolling tomorrow most likely.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Lindon-Rivendell
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

|:(

Postby Lindon-Rivendell » Mon Mar 01, 2021 12:12 am

Elerian wrote:

I do really like what I’ve seen thus far! Like I said before, thousands of spiders is certainly in the realm of possibility, then we’ll just need to get the Mordor brood finished.

Tracian Empire wrote:-snip-

*Me who's lost the post about Lokhúr*
AaAAAAAAAhahahahahahhhhhhhhhrgrrgrfrgrfrgrg!
*sheds a tear*
ELVEN POWAH!

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:20 am

Lindon-Rivendell wrote:
Elerian wrote:

*Me who's lost the post about Lokhúr*
AaAAAAAAAhahahahahahhhhhhhhhrgrrgrfrgrfrgrg!
*sheds a tear*

I't s a short app, I am sure you can remake it fairly quickly.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Mon Mar 01, 2021 9:58 pm

Nice to see many of you are still here. I put up the IC, although it doesn't have the starting events like I had hoped, I should have those up soon.

Here's the link, enjoy!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse