NATION

PASSWORD

[Q] Requst for 2nd Opinion/Appeal

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

[Q] Requst for 2nd Opinion/Appeal

Postby New haven america » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:05 pm

Katganistan wrote:
New haven america wrote:It seems you don't understand what the word "Most" means, Bakery.

I hear most ("Most" generally means "Not all, but the vast majority") high schools offer some form of remedial classes for adults. Maybe you could attend one of their English classes sometime? :)

*** Warned for flamebaiting. ***

As it says in the title.

Likewise, I saw no reports about the subject nor thread locking. So why do you pick now to hammer down a punishment for something that's not even worth making a report about and that's been used by other users for years without punishment? (Something that has even been said to me dozens of times and not taken seriously by the mod team)
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:13 pm

Appeal denied. It is entirely possible to question another person's opinions without hinting at an insult to their intelligence, which was the reason behind the warning for flamebait.

Thanks!
NVI
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby New haven america » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:15 pm

New Visayan Islands wrote:Appeal denied. It is entirely possible to question another person's opinions without hinting at an insult to their intelligence, which was the reason behind the warning for flamebait.

Thanks!
NVI

And yet they've spent the past 3 threads they've been apart of questioning mine and multiple others and gotten away with it because...? Final appeal requested.

And again, why wasn't there a lock and trawl in place? If this is so bad then why has Nilokeras been allowed to participate in this behavior for their entire time on here, which would require a greater look into and a more fair consensus reached?

If you don't see the problem here then I don't deserve that warning, because the behavior I'm getting warned about is perfectly acceptable for them, apparently. (And you can't say that no report was made to get them on this, because no report was made for me yet you had no trouble throwing out the red text) If you want to make an example out of me, you gotta do the same for them because they've been doing this for months without issue.
Last edited by New haven america on Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:31 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Luna Amore
Issues Editor

Founded: Antiquity
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Luna Amore » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Final appeals are handled through the GHR.

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:32 pm

New haven america wrote: (And you can't say that no report was made to get them on this, because no report was made for me yet you had no trouble throwing out the red text)

I believe it is permitted to make a regular report by GHR ... ie in secret.

Perhaps a Mod will confirm?
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Sedgistan
Site Director

Founded: Oct 20, 2006
Anarchy

Postby Sedgistan » Sun Feb 28, 2021 1:20 am

Generally not. Forum offences should be reported in the Moderation forum and if people try to submit them via GHR will will just tell them to report it here. On rare occasions there may be exceptional circumstances that justify a forum report via GHR, but the justification of "I don't want people to know I reported this" is not sufficient.

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sun Feb 28, 2021 5:58 am

Sedgistan wrote:Generally not. Forum offences should be reported in the Moderation forum and if people try to submit them via GHR will will just tell them to report it here. On rare occasions there may be exceptional circumstances that justify a forum report via GHR, but the justification of "I don't want people to know I reported this" is not sufficient.

That is good, thankyou Sedgistan. Nearer to what I hoped than what I expected.

Best wishes to NHA, it is a quite marginal case. It's a bad thing which happens a lot.
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation