NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Flamebaiting in "Should Hunting for Sport be Banned?"

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

[R] Flamebaiting in "Should Hunting for Sport be Banned?"

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:27 am

viewtopic.php?p=38389032#p38389032

WeeTurds wrote:
Paddy O Fernature wrote:
Says you.

Others I'm sure will disagree.

This is exactly the quote i'd expect from someone who's flag is a man in a mask holding a crap ton of bullets. In england, nobody is allowed guns, because of this, we don't have school shootings, church shootings, etc. It's the kind of people, like you, that believe hunting should be allowed and have multiple guns, that do things like this.

This is obviously intended to get a negative reaction out of gun owners and hunters.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:45 am

And more:
viewtopic.php?p=38389139#p38389139

WeeTurds wrote:
The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Also to whoever is against hunting deer meat tastes great I shot my first deer this year and it tasted delicious

how old are you?
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:45 pm

Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:52 pm

Thank you Farn! There is another thing which might be questionable:

viewtopic.php?p=38389646#p38389646

These parts are flamebaiting and getting into trolling:

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Today it's an elk. Tomorrow ... when you have lovingly cleaned it and stored it in a concealed cabinet above your bed ... tomorrow you may shoot a homeless person whose nest-making in your shrubbery, you mistook for a home-invader setting up a machine-gun nest.

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Gun culture is a heritage of dying patriarchal culture. Abandon the culture, you might as well be dead. All good men must kill someone, and if the sissy trannie feministy culture gets you in its clutches, then do the only honorable thing: shoot yourself in the head.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:08 pm

Greater Cesnica wrote:Thank you Farn! There is another thing which might be questionable:

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Today it's an elk. Tomorrow ... when you have lovingly cleaned it and stored it in a concealed cabinet above your bed ... tomorrow you may shoot a homeless person whose nest-making in your shrubbery, you mistook for a home-invader setting up a machine-gun nest.

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Gun culture is a heritage of dying patriarchal culture. Abandon the culture, you might as well be dead. All good men must kill someone, and if the sissy trannie feministy culture gets you in its clutches, then do the only honorable thing: shoot yourself in the head.

viewtopic.php?p=38390265#p38390265
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Feb 26, 2021 1:09 pm

*leaves Toblerone bars* Thank you!
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:04 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:Thank you Farn! There is another thing which might be questionable:

I can see how you took offense at the second passage. I'm sorry for that.

The first one though, follows from the idea that when you own a useful thing and become accomplished with it, you want to use it in every way it's good for. For me it's my belt sander. An electric drill gets used more often, but I don't keep finding new uses for it, like with my beloved belt sander.

Hopefully you've never shot a person (homeless or not). I was speculating about illegally shooting someone whose behaviour seemed suspicious at the time, but not taking the time to learn your local laws about castle doctrine. We're talking US states here of course: NSW has very limited castle doctrine.

Don't shoot someone behaving suspiciously ON your property, unless they're already (at least partly) inside your house. Maybe your laws allow that, but you should be sure BEFORE the situation arises. Another thing that varies from place to place is whether messing around with a lock on your door makes the person legal to shoot at (from inside the house) and you should check precedents not just the letter of the law.

My point was that if you think castle doctrine protects you when actually it doesn't, and you mistake a homeless person for a 'home invader', you could be led by your own competence with guns to unwittingly commit a serious felony and go to prison.
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Frisbeeteria
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Dec 16, 2003
Capitalizt

Postby Frisbeeteria » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:24 am

If this is an appeal, it's denied.

If it takes you 4 rambling paragraphs to explain why it isn't baiting and trolling, then the problem isn't with the reporter, it's with you. Perhaps instead of posting appeals to everything you get warned for, you could spend a moment thinking before you post in the first place.

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:33 am

Frisbeeteria wrote:If this is an appeal, it's denied.

If it takes you 4 rambling paragraphs to explain why it isn't baiting and trolling, then the problem isn't with the reporter, it's with you. Perhaps instead of posting appeals to everything you get warned for, you could spend a moment thinking before you post in the first place.

I didn't realize I was posting in Moderation, to be honest.

I was trying to explain to the reporter what I meant, hopefully so it wouldn't offend them any more. Forgive me for being a bleeding heart liberal who would rather my ideological opponents not get thrown in prison. Or any trespassers looking for a place to sleep, getting killed for that matter.

No, it wasn't an appeal, and nor is this.
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:53 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Forgive me for being a bleeding heart liberal who would rather my ideological opponents not get thrown in prison. Or any trespassers looking for a place to sleep, getting killed for that matter.

Do you realize how condescending this sounds? This is quite literally common sense that you're attempting to impart upon us gun owners, and you're doing it in a way that comes off as if you're talking to children.
Last edited by Greater Cesnica on Sat Feb 27, 2021 8:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Katganistan
Senior Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Katganistan » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:06 am

Greater Cesnica wrote:
A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Forgive me for being a bleeding heart liberal who would rather my ideological opponents not get thrown in prison. Or any trespassers looking for a place to sleep, getting killed for that matter.

Do you realize how condescending this sounds? This is quite literally common sense that you're attempting to impart upon us gun owners, and you're doing it in a way that comes off as if you're talking to children.

This is a report thread, not a discussion. That goes back into the hunting for sport thread, thanks.

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Postby Greater Cesnica » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:18 am

Katganistan wrote:
Greater Cesnica wrote:Do you realize how condescending this sounds? This is quite literally common sense that you're attempting to impart upon us gun owners, and you're doing it in a way that comes off as if you're talking to children.

This is a report thread, not a discussion. That goes back into the hunting for sport thread, thanks.

Right, sorry.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation