NATION

PASSWORD

What's your most nostalgic song?

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Posadist-Communalists
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 07, 2021
Ex-Nation

What's your most nostalgic song?

Postby Posadist-Communalists » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:17 pm

Pretty self explanatory.

What song brings back the most memories or the most meaningful to you?

Mine is The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony

Nanatsu no Tsuki
Post-Apocalypse Survivor

Founded: Feb 10, 2008
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Nanatsu no Tsuki » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:23 pm

Oh gods... for me it’s Linger, by The Cranberries.

Dolores, gone but not forgotten! <3
Slava Ukraini
Also: THERNSY!!
Your story isn't over;֍Help save transgender people's lives֍Help for feral cats
Cat with internet access||Supposedly heartless, & a d*ck.||Is maith an t-earra an tsíocháin.||No TGs
RIP: Dyakovo & Ashmoria

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Either "I'm a Believer" from Shrek or "Stayin' Alive" from the Bee Gees. Both take me back to my LA days.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Abserdia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 05, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Abserdia » Fri Feb 19, 2021 3:37 pm

In My Life by The Beatles was probably the first song I ‘seriously’ listened to. I’m not entirely sure how to explain what I mean by that.

It’s not my favorite Beatles song anymore (much less my favorite song), but it feels nice listening to it.
Black lives matter

Recommend me shoegaze and ambient music.

So long, Frank Lloyd Wright
I can't believe your song is gone so soon...
I barely learned the tune
So soon, so soon

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017

Postby Stellar Colonies » Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:22 pm

Something from Star Trek or Stargate probably.

Perhaps this
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Xmara
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Xmara » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:43 pm

IDK if I would call it nostalgia, but every time I hear Ed Sheeran's "Thinking Out Loud," I think of when I had my first slow dance at my junior prom and that song was playing. Incidentally, the guy I danced with looked kinda like Ed Sheeran.

"I Will Wait" by Mumford and Sons takes me back to when I was a kid and we were living with my grandma. Reminds me of those summer evenings where we sat on the porch. Only sounds were crickets and frogs, and the occasional ATV going full speed down the road. On those rare, special nights, the neighbors up the road from us played bluegrass music. Wish I could go back.
/ˈzmaːrʌ/
Info
Our Leader
Status- Code Green- All clear
I mostly use NS stats, except for population and tax rates.
We are not Estonia.
A 16.8 civilization, according to this index.
Flag Waver

Support
Ukraine

Nacot Nati
Political Columnist

Founded: Feb 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Nacot Nati » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:32 pm

not a song but the album lil uzi vs the world pt.1

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:44 pm

im starting to feel whole again by Brandon Hult. It was the song I was listening to the first time I really put my heart out for my best friend to see and every day I'm happy that I did.
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

Dusendord
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Dusendord » Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:27 am

Been on by geazy
The Kingdom of Dusendord is a constitutional monarchy with a frighteningly efficient economy and high levels of human development. Dusendord follows the Nordic Model of governance.

Alcala-Cordel
Senator

Founded: Dec 16, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Alcala-Cordel » Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:53 pm

idk about any specific song, but in my early teens my dad got me some headphones with an SD card full of music from bands I like, but only a few specific alblums. I still listen to the rest of it, but while I am a major fan of Bad Religion I don't love their alblum The New America, which is the only one I had access to when I went on a trip through Europe. Anyways, on the rare occasion that I listen to a song from that alblum I mentally go back to the back seat of a rental car drving through rural France.
FROM THE RIVER TO THE SEA

New Goldman
Envoy

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
New York Times Democracy

Postby New Goldman » Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:58 pm

It was mostly Five Nights At Freddy's songs for me, back then when I was obsessed with FNAF and the franchise's story back then. I'm still sort of on to it actually. My most favorite was "I Got No Time".
Last edited by New Goldman on Thu Feb 25, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:33 pm

Blue Monday by New Order probably. I listened to that song so much when I was like 7.

Novostia
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Novostia » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:40 pm

I'm So Funny For Being Insufferable! Please Laugh.
90% Of What I Say Is Propaganda, Don't Trust Me
The Suspicious 2 Year Gap In My Activity On This Website Is Due To Me Quitting And CTE'ing, I Have Since Returned (Duh)

Resilient Acceleration
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Resilient Acceleration » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:42 pm

Final Fantasy 7 — Main Theme. The console is far older than me and we've been playing the game (along with a box full of other games) since as far as I can remember. Simpler times...
Last edited by Resilient Acceleration on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TLDR News | Exclusive: GLOBAL DRONE CRISIS! "Hyper-advanced" Chinese military AI design leaked online by unknown groups, Pres. Yang issues warning of "major outbreak of 3D-printed drone swarm terrorist attacks to US civilians and assets" | Secretary Pasca to expand surveillance on all financial activities through pattern recognition AI to curb the supply chain of QAnon and other domestic terror grassroots

A near-future scenario where transhumanist tech barons and their ruthless capitalism are trying to save the planet, emphasis on "try" | Resilient Accelerationism in a nutshell | OOC

Elvato
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 31, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Elvato » Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:52 am

The first time i heard Dr. Dre's "Still DRE", got me into a music genre that i listen to often
Elvato is a CooL Gamer, Skater, NS Player. Lover of Gangster Rap, Founder of SOSIG, Donut Connoisseur. i also like drinking water like all other humanoids ;)

Mun Slleackst
Secretary

Founded: Nov 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Mun Slleackst » Sat Nov 06, 2021 4:39 am

For me it’s Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz, that song got me into a Gorillaz phase for about three years. Every time I hear it it just rushes me back to my Gorillaz phase all over again. That or California Love by 2Pac & Dr Dre, I was strangely introduced to that song through South Park of all things & I’ve loved the song ever since
Last edited by Frisbeeteria on Mon Nov 08, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: don't gravedig old threads

Natia Gailan
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Natia Gailan » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:05 pm

"Put Your Records On" by Corinne Bailey Rae. It was my grade-school best friend's favorite song. We would hang out at my dad's house after school and listen to it on my iPod. Simpler times.

Republic Of Ludwigsburg
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 26, 2021

Postby Republic Of Ludwigsburg » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Mun Slleackst wrote:For me it’s Feel Good Inc. by Gorillaz, that song got me into a Gorillaz phase for about three years. Every time I hear it it just rushes me back to my Gorillaz phase all over again. That or California Love by 2Pac & Dr Dre, I was strangely introduced to that song through South Park of all things & I’ve loved the song ever since

please dont gravedig posts
Pro: Social Democracy, EU, LGBTQ+ Rights, Labour Party, Ukraine
Anti: Fascism, State Capitalism, Stalinism, Tankies supporting Russia, Nazism
bumbling fool
Politiscales: this
South German Times: Friedrich Schonbrunn diagnosed with Stage 1 Head and Neck Cancer, Gottfried Hallemark to immediately succeed. GDR President Alfred Wolff in grave controversy after calling rival candidate Jakob Silberstein a "schwein" during debate. Joe Biden to host NATO meeting in New York regarding aid to Ukraine. Alpine mountaineer Valentina Giatte successfully summits Mt. Everest. Former Kanzler Johan Schauff to create new hot beverage company, "Schauffee". SPECIAL: The Curious Case of James Friedenwahl: To find out more, log on to timessgermany.eu

The Kingdom of the Three Isles
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 01, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby The Kingdom of the Three Isles » Sun Nov 07, 2021 10:07 pm

Either YMCA by the Village People Or Take on me by A-Ha
No, this is not the Iron Cross (I swear), and no I ain’t a N@zi.
Ordo Theutonicorum wrote: they have a cross-pattee on their flag??
Those who say they are based aren’t based. Those who say they are humble ain’t humble. Those who say they are chads ain’t chads.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction