NATION

PASSWORD

[R] trolling/slurs used in Homophobia thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
User avatar
Prydania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1169
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[R] trolling/slurs used in Homophobia thread

Postby Prydania » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:32 pm

viewtopic.php?p=38370014#p38370014

Communismisdumb wrote:Yes fags don't deserve rights :hug:
Pro Things You Hate
Anti Things You Like

User avatar
New Visayan Islands
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4826
Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:36 pm

One of my colleagues has addressed this.
Joined the ranks of Moderation in the wee hours of the morning of September 19th, AD 2020.
For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

User avatar
Prydania
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1169
Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Prydania » Mon Feb 22, 2021 9:44 pm

*leaves Oreos*
Pro Things You Hate
Anti Things You Like

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4060
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:00 am

Hjallvinter wrote:
"guided by reasoning"
where's the reasoning tho lol


Insight as riveting as I would expect from one who lists their pronouns

Hjallvinter wrote:
Necroghastia wrote:those articles didn't really address any point tbh
you point, if there was one, was utterly incoherent


Dunning Kruger incarnate.

Hjallvinter wrote:
Kowani wrote:indeed
because the conversation SSL and I were having was specifically about pedophile advocacy in regards to LGBT+ rights
the rest of your spiel wasn't relevant to that
are you done?


:rofl:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=pedo+LGBT ... 01&PC=HCTS

https://www.manipalthetalk.org/rights/p ... ason%20too.

https://afa.net/the-stand/culture/2019/ ... edophilia/

https://img.ifunny.co/images/0d2a725996 ... ba3b_1.jpg

https://www.africanglobe.net/headlines/ ... -movement/

Like it or not, they're a part of your movement.
Last edited by Necroghastia on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:45 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 13421
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:54 am

Another poster is also linking the LGBT+ community and paedophilia, rather persistently:
Socialist States of Ludistan wrote:I tried to be nice and rational, that didn’t work, let me say it like this.
If we never gave gays rights, pedophiles would most likely not even think about having pedophilia legalised, because the main reason that pedophiles say that pedophilia should be legalised, is because they consider themselves to be apart of the LGBTQ+ community.
Now, I’m happy that homosexuality is legal, even with the small consequences that comes with it, I wouldn’t change it for a thing in the world, but we still gotta accept the facts, which is, nothing comes without a price, in this case, the ‘item’ is luckily worth much more than the cost.


Socialist States of Ludistan wrote:
Kowani wrote: except, they were doing it before gay people got rights

I’m aware, but pedophilia is not legal now, is it?
It makes sense that pedophiles wouldn’t protest back then, when it was legal.
But it isn’t legal now, I’m saying that homosexuality, among many other things, are causing the pedo-protest nowadays, not back then.


Among other things (the rules concerning such, for one) the paedophilia discussion seems like it might be threatening to become a threadjack.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 am, edited 3 times in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Socialist States of Ludistan
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 464
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Socialist States of Ludistan » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Another poster is also linking the LGBT+ community and paedophilia, rather persistently:
Socialist States of Ludistan wrote:I tried to be nice and rational, that didn’t work, let me say it like this.
If we never gave gays rights, pedophiles would most likely not even think about having pedophilia legalised, because the main reason that pedophiles say that pedophilia should be legalised, is because they consider themselves to be apart of the LGBTQ+ community.
Now, I’m happy that homosexuality is legal, even with the small consequences that comes with it, I wouldn’t change it for a thing in the world, but we still gotta accept the facts, which is, nothing comes without a price, in this case, the ‘item’ is luckily worth much more than the cost.


Socialist States of Ludistan wrote:I’m aware, but pedophilia is not legal now, is it?
It makes sense that pedophiles wouldn’t protest back then, when it was legal.
But it isn’t legal now, I’m saying that homosexuality, among many other things, are causing the pedo-protest nowadays, not back then.


Among other things (the rules concerning such, for one) the paedophilia discussion seems like it might be threatening to become a threadjack.

We’ve ended the argument, no need to worry.
Also, you took it very out of context, we were talking about homosexuality.
And I didn’t start the discussion, neither did the guy/girl I was discussing with.
Last edited by Socialist States of Ludistan on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Member of ICDN

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 13421
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 am

Seems to be calling being gay a mental illness (post being replied to left for context)
Disgraces wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:No, it's a good analogy. People are born gay, it's a characteristic of their nature. Someone who has blue eyes or brown hair can't change that fact (unless they literally mask it with coloured contacts or hair dye). Their eyes will always be blue and their hair will always be brown. Identically, gay people can't change their sexual orientation. They can mask it (which is extremely unhealthy) but they can't change it.

Eye or hair color isn't a mental illness.

No, I'm not homophobic.


And doubling down:
Disgraces wrote:
Picairn wrote:Did I hear a Freudian slip?

No, I believe homosexuality is a mental illness (not that it's a bad thing, obviously), and I think it should be common sense.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Daarwyrth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 666
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 am

The post should speak for itself as to why it is problematic. It's hateful and wrong.

Disgraces wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:No, it's a good analogy. People are born gay, it's a characteristic of their nature. Someone who has blue eyes or brown hair can't change that fact (unless they literally mask it with coloured contacts or hair dye). Their eyes will always be blue and their hair will always be brown. Identically, gay people can't change their sexual orientation. They can mask it (which is extremely unhealthy) but they can't change it.

Eye or hair color isn't a mental illness.

No, I'm not homophobic.


EDIT: Ah, I see I was preceded, apologies!
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

A large, influential state on the continent of Nordeia, where the monarch is considered to be the nation's centre of gravity.

Our Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Our Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary absolute monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech | Civilization index: 13.71


User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4060
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:13 am

The Free Joy State wrote:Seems to be calling being gay a mental illness (post being replied to left for context)
Disgraces wrote:Eye or hair color isn't a mental illness.

No, I'm not homophobic.


And doubling down:
Disgraces wrote:No, I believe homosexuality is a mental illness (not that it's a bad thing, obviously), and I think it should be common sense.

Same poster, in reference to the ongoing argument about LGBT people and y'all-know-whats
Disgraces wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:Just because they claim to be part of LGBT, doesn't mean they are. (And they will never be.)

Sounds familiar.
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Disgraces
Diplomat
 
Posts: 743
Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:14 am

It is not hateful. This is the reason I get called homophobic every time I state my opinion.

User avatar
Daarwyrth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 666
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:18 am

Disgraces wrote:It is not hateful. This is the reason I get called homophobic every time I state my opinion.

Do you not realise how hateful and homophobic it is to call homosexuality a mental illness? I am gay, and feel disrespected and invalidated by having my sexual orientation being called a mental illness. It is a harmful way of thinking, period.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

A large, influential state on the continent of Nordeia, where the monarch is considered to be the nation's centre of gravity.

Our Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Our Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary absolute monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech | Civilization index: 13.71


User avatar
Disgraces
Diplomat
 
Posts: 743
Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:20 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Disgraces wrote:It is not hateful. This is the reason I get called homophobic every time I state my opinion.

Do you not realise how hateful and homophobic it is to call homosexuality a mental illness? I am gay, and feel disrespected and invalidated by having my sexual orientation being called a mental illness. It is a harmful way of thinking, period.

Is it hateful to call autism, for example, a mental illness?
I swear, nothing I say is meant to be hateful.

User avatar
Daarwyrth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 666
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:24 am

Disgraces wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:Do you not realise how hateful and homophobic it is to call homosexuality a mental illness? I am gay, and feel disrespected and invalidated by having my sexual orientation being called a mental illness. It is a harmful way of thinking, period.

Is it hateful to call autism, for example, a mental illness?
I swear, nothing I say is meant to be hateful.

Your intent doesn't matter. What you say is hateful, homophobic and harmful, inherently so.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

A large, influential state on the continent of Nordeia, where the monarch is considered to be the nation's centre of gravity.

Our Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Our Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary absolute monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech | Civilization index: 13.71


User avatar
Disgraces
Diplomat
 
Posts: 743
Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:26 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Disgraces wrote:Is it hateful to call autism, for example, a mental illness?
I swear, nothing I say is meant to be hateful.

Your intent doesn't matter. What you say is hateful, homophobic and harmful, inherently so.

It isn't, period.

User avatar
Daarwyrth
Diplomat
 
Posts: 666
Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:30 am

Page wrote:
Disgraces wrote:How come humans reproduce heterosexually, then?


There is no design in evolution. Organisms mutate. If they are not killed or rendered infertile before they get a chance to procreate, that mutation may be passed on.

Comparing homosexuality to a mutation that needs to be killed or rendered infertile.

Apologies, I misunderstood this post in the heat of the moment, but the misunderstanding has already been cleared up.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth

A large, influential state on the continent of Nordeia, where the monarch is considered to be the nation's centre of gravity.

Our Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Our Capital: Daarsted | Government type: Unitary absolute monarchy | Technology level: Post-Modern Tech | Civilization index: 13.71


User avatar
Disgraces
Diplomat
 
Posts: 743
Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:33 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Page wrote:
There is no design in evolution. Organisms mutate. If they are not killed or rendered infertile before they get a chance to procreate, that mutation may be passed on.

Comparing homosexuality to a mutation that needs to be killed or rendered infertile.

You gotta be fucking kidding.

User avatar
Hjallvinter
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 24
Founded: Feb 22, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hjallvinter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:37 am

Ahhh, the sad state of public discussion...

This forum is overtly political. We're LARPing as different nations operating under different policies.

Personal decisions are political. Characteristics of a person are political. Sexuality is political.

Not everyone agrees with your decisions or supports them. Not everyone thinks you're sane or rational. Not everyone wants certain behaviors in their communities. Nobody is under an obligation to handle a discussion with kid gloves.

Telling them they're hateful and they need to stop doesn't do anything towards fostering any kind of actual discussion to be had. It reduces the world to a minimum of dogmatic feel good pontification. That's reality.

NS back in the early 00's didn't balk at having fiery discussions about this sort of stuff. This place shook my entire worldview. Once upon a time It was a crucible of ideas where different positions butted heads in search of a grain of truth with minimal regards for one's personal disposition or feelings, but it seems times have changed.
Last edited by Hjallvinter on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Veritas Aequitas

User avatar
New Visayan Islands
Forum Moderator
 
Posts: 4826
Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:02 am

Joined the ranks of Moderation in the wee hours of the morning of September 19th, AD 2020.
For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

User avatar
The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor
 
Posts: 13421
Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Free Joy State » Tue Feb 23, 2021 4:24 am

Thanks, NVI
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

User avatar
Kowani
Post Czar
 
Posts: 34363
Founded: Apr 01, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kowani » Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:12 am

to'avia...


Imperial Kaiserreich Germany wrote:
Molither wrote:Nope. I could never see it as justifiable to discriminate against people like me or view me less based on our sexuality.

Agreed. Burn them at the stake
read your own damn sources
Bahia Roja wrote:I think Kowani shared that news a few hours ago.
Kowáni's big list of sources, Be Kowáni for a day!
Headline of the day: Chad opposition leader’s home raided by state police, several family members killed
“Dale limona, mujer, que no hay en la vida ná, como la pena de ser, ciego en Graná”

User avatar
Istoreya
Diplomat
 
Posts: 862
Founded: Dec 13, 2020
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Istoreya » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:17 am

The thread is slowly being threadjacked into a discussion of fascism and imperialism. I attempt to re-rail it here
Istoreya wrote:Okay, discussion of what and what isn't facism might be a liiiiiil bit off topic

But it did not seem to work. Most derailing seems to be by Novokria, others are back on-topic.
Novokria wrote:Yes i support Stepan Bandera he was fighting for an independent Ukraine and yes some Poles died but thats after the Poles killed many Ukrainians

User avatar
Novokria
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 111
Founded: Feb 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Novokria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:20 am

Istoreya wrote:The thread is slowly being threadjacked into a discussion of fascism and imperialism. I attempt to re-rail it here
Istoreya wrote:Okay, discussion of what and what isn't facism might be a liiiiiil bit off topic

But it did not seem to work. Most derailing seems to be by Novokria, others are back on-topic.
Novokria wrote:Yes i support Stepan Bandera he was fighting for an independent Ukraine and yes some Poles died but thats after the Poles killed many Ukrainians

Yes i am going back on topic about why Homophobia is not right
America & Russia are two sides of the same poisonous coin

Zelensky is just another puppet of the Satanic American Imperialist Government

America is like the Cookie Monster but with Oil not Cookies

Svoboda, Ultra-Nationalism, Orthodox Christianity, Azov, Stepan Bandera, Latvia, Lithuania and Ukraine
Russia, Zelensky, Poland, Islam, Judaism, Communism, America, Multiculturalism, Democracy, Gay Marriage and Germany

User avatar
Necroghastia
Senator
 
Posts: 4060
Founded: May 11, 2019
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:26 am

Rapperland wrote:I show no love to homo thugs
How you gonna explain fuckin' a man?
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

User avatar
Odreria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1531
Founded: Jun 15, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Odreria » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:35 am

Trollnaming

Caraani wrote:
Odreria wrote:Who tf are you

Sorry, I haven't been around NationStates in a few years, how do I log a report for trolling again?
Last edited by Odreria on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Gongsi
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 47
Founded: Jan 04, 2021
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gongsi » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:49 am

And now someone's posted straight up porn gifs. I didn't get their name and can't scroll back down (at work) but I believe their name was something like "I Love Hololive".
Dharmists_Malays_Christians_Chinese_Muslims_
A Chinese Republic on the west coast of Borneo.

Gongsi is not representative of my beliefs, political or otherwise.
Formerly the nation of Kungsu, might be responsible for Darlingtown, Zarzura, Toahi, Greater Pommernland, and Sen Khitai
Tries very hard not to use NSS

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Destructive Government Economic System, Lysset, The Python, Xagill

Advertisement

Remove ads