NATION

PASSWORD

Can Homophobia Be Justified?

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hjallvinter
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hjallvinter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:56 am

Shazbotdom wrote:

Links that really have no basis in reality or ridiculous memes seem like a load of shit to me.

Got anything other than links to websites that are opinion pieces? or are you going to attempt to get a rise out of people with your failed logic?

-Pedophiles are tying themselves to the LGBT community
-N-no t-theyre not

K.
Veritas Aequitas

Daarwyrth
Minister

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 am

Palmyrion wrote:Art, music, societies - they are part of human evolutionary history and fitness. Everything about the human condition can be traced back to evolution. Defending our evolutionary fitness is wise practice of our mental faculties, and homophobia is one such wise practice.

Still devoid of logic and reason. You willingly refuse to make use of your mental and emotional capacity to understand the value of each living being. The tools evolution gave you to understand why having a society is better than having chaos reign. So, no. You fail to practice your evolutionary fitness because you refuse to make use of what evolution gave you.
The Royal State of Daarwyrth
Forest's Minister of Foreign Affairs

Leader: Queen Demi Maria I | Capital: Daarsted | Current year: 2022 CE
  • Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male
  • Dutch with Polish roots
  • English literature major
  • Ex-religious gay leftist

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 am

Palmyrion wrote:
Disgraces wrote:Let me translate it for you: he said that he understands why someone would want to criminalize homosexual acts, not that he agrees with it.

He gets the rationale, therefore he agrees with it.

Getting the rationale is one step - many steps even - above understanding said rationale.

No, that's just not accurate. Understanding the rationale for something just means you understand what the person's viewpoint is, it has nothing to do with agreeing with their sentiment.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Disgraces
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2020
Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:57 am

Palmyrion wrote:
Disgraces wrote:Let me translate it for you: he said that he understands why someone would want to criminalize homosexual acts, not that he agrees with it.

Getting the rationale is one step - many steps even - above understanding said rationale.

Simply wrong.
The nation that represents my views is Tidaton

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:58 am

Nilokeras wrote:
Hjallvinter wrote:
I'm rather certain Darwin didn't publish the study you cited.

he came up with the idea of kin selection, which is a neat mathematical proof of the utility of same-sex pairings in nature.

Gay couple can't reproduce, so they either contribute to raising their respective families' kin because they have no spawn of their own to take care of, or adopt children (in places where they legally can) to raise into adulthood.

The latter may not be "kin" selection in the strict definition of selecting for your own immediate and extended family's evolutionary fitness, but adopting an orphan and raising it to adulthood is still a major contributor to humanity's evolutionary fitness as a whole.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:59 am

Daarwyrth wrote:

There is no logical or rational argument for the criminalization of homosexual acts. We don't criminalise having blue eyes or brown hair either.

Bad analogy, but FYI I'm against it too.

Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chuukango » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:00 am

No, it's not, full stop. The fact that this is a legitimate discussion is pretty discouraging but hey- we get to see the mask off homophobes in all their glory- or rather shame. Good old NS forums.
Elparia's token gay disaster.

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:00 am

Hjallvinter wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

Links that really have no basis in reality or ridiculous memes seem like a load of shit to me.

Got anything other than links to websites that are opinion pieces? or are you going to attempt to get a rise out of people with your failed logic?

-N-no t-theyre not

K.

Just because paedos are at the gate, asking to be let into the LGBT rights movement, doesn't mean they're part of it.

Just because they claim to be part of LGBT, doesn't mean they are. (And they will never be.)

Daarwyrth wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:Art, music, societies - they are part of human evolutionary history and fitness. Everything about the human condition can be traced back to evolution. Defending our evolutionary fitness is wise practice of our mental faculties, and homophobia is one such wise practice.

Still devoid of logic and reason. You willingly refuse to make use of your mental and emotional capacity to understand the value of each living being. The tools evolution gave you to understand why having a society is better than having chaos reign. So, no. You fail to practice your evolutionary fitness because you refuse to make use of what evolution gave you.

Evolution gave me the capacity to defend humanity's reproductive - and evolutionary - fitness and opposing homosexuality (and sodomy as a whole) is part of the use of that mental capacity.
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality

Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Necroghastia
Forum Moderator

Founded: May 11, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Necroghastia » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

Palmyrion wrote:

nah my dude im pretty sure a lot of people say "get" to mean the same thing as "understand"
like ive got bones to pick with sun's ideology but i don't think this is a hill that even has a place to die on
The Land of Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Pronouns: she/her

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

Disgraces wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:There is no logical or rational argument for the criminalization of homosexual acts. We don't criminalise having blue eyes or brown hair either.

Bad analogy, but FYI I'm against it too.

No, it's a good analogy. People are born gay, it's a characteristic of their nature. Someone who has blue eyes or brown hair can't change that fact (unless they literally mask it with coloured contacts or hair dye). Their eyes will always be blue and their hair will always be brown. Identically, gay people can't change their sexual orientation. They can mask it (which is extremely unhealthy) but they can't change it.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

Daarwyrth wrote:

There is no logical or rational argument for the criminalization of homosexual acts. We don't criminalise having blue eyes or brown hair either.

Not in any American jurisdiction or of the European Union. While morally repugnant in the EU or the US, it's a different argument under the jurisdiction of Saudi Arabia.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Shazbotdom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 28, 2004
Anarchy

Postby Shazbotdom » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:01 am

Hjallvinter wrote:
Shazbotdom wrote:

-N-no t-theyre not

K.

When all your links are loads of unprecedented bullshit...that kinda means that they are unprecedented bullshit.

Sorry, but facts are facts.
ShazWeb || IIWiki || Discord: shazbertbot || 1 x NFL Picks League Champion (2021)
CosmoCast || SISA || CCD || CrawDaddy || SCIA || COPEC || Boudreaux's || CLS || SNC || ShazAir || BHC || TWO
NHL: NYR (114) 0 - 0 WSH (91) | COL (105) 0 - 0 WPG (110) | VGK (96) 0 - 0 DAL (113)
NBA: Pelicans (6) 49-33 || NCAA MBB: Tulane 20-16 | LSU 22-15 || NCAA WSB: LSU 33-8

Hjallvinter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hjallvinter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:02 am

Chuukango wrote:No, it's not, full stop. The fact that this is a legitimate discussion is pretty discouraging but hey- we get to see the mask off homophobes in all their glory- or rather shame. Good old NS forums.

"How dare people have a discussion about slaughtering my sacred cows."
Veritas Aequitas

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:03 am

Palmyrion wrote:Evolution gave me the capacity to defend humanity's reproductive - and evolutionary - fitness and opposing homosexuality (and sodomy as a whole) is part of the use of that mental capacity.

Nope. You aren't practicing evolutionary fitness. You're defending a bias, a flawed bias. By doing so, you refuse to make use of your mental and emotional capacity.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:04 am

Hjallvinter wrote:"How dare people have a discussion about slaughtering my sacred cows."

"How dare people stop me from spouting my bigoted beliefs!"
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:04 am

Sundiata wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:There is no logical or rational argument for the criminalization of homosexual acts. We don't criminalise having blue eyes or brown hair either.

Not in any American jurisdiction or of the European Union. While morally repugnant in the EU or the US, it's a different argument under the jurisdiction of Saudi Arabia.

just overturn lawrence v texas and obergefell v hodges

Daarwyrth wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:Evolution gave me the capacity to defend humanity's reproductive - and evolutionary - fitness and opposing homosexuality (and sodomy as a whole) is part of the use of that mental capacity.

Nope. You aren't practicing evolutionary fitness. You're defending a bias, a flawed bias. By doing so, you refuse to make use of your mental and emotional capacity.

Biases are a part of human mental faculty. Homosexuality is an evolutionary dead end, and thus will be harmful to the human species.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 am

Palmyrion wrote:just overturn lawrence v texas and obergefell v hodges

No, you're a tyrant if you want to criminalize gay marriage.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 am

Daarwyrth wrote:
Disgraces wrote:Bad analogy, but FYI I'm against it too.

No, it's a good analogy. People are born gay, it's a characteristic of their nature. Someone who has blue eyes or brown hair can't change that fact (unless they literally mask it with coloured contacts or hair dye). Their eyes will always be blue and their hair will always be brown. Identically, gay people can't change their sexual orientation. They can mask it (which is extremely unhealthy) but they can't change it.

Eye or hair color isn't a mental illness.

No, I'm not homophobic.
Last edited by Disgraces on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Engadine Mcdonalds 1997
Envoy

Founded: Jan 21, 2021
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Engadine Mcdonalds 1997 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:06 am

Lmao of course homophobia can't be justified, what's next, is racism justified? Hate the person for their beliefs, not where they shove their junk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXtq4a8829g&t=1s

"I’ll tell you about the Greens. You know what the Greens are? They are a bunch of opportunists and trots hiding behind a gum tree trying to pretend they’re the Labor Party"- Paul Keating

"When you look back on these last days, you will realize that all you've built was a tomb"- Escharum

Proud anti-ideologist and chief architect of Jordan Shanks Thought

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am

Disgraces wrote:Eye or hair color isn't a mental illness.

No, I'm not homophobic.

Did I hear a Freudian slip?

Chuukango
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Chuukango » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am

Picairn wrote:
Hjallvinter wrote:"How dare people have a discussion about slaughtering my sacred cows."

"How dare people stop me from spouting my bigoted beliefs!"

Can't say I think it's worth the effort to try and stop people in forums like these, especially the erh, not so subtle wind up jockeys like Mx. Hjallvinter. That's besides the point anyway, so I'll go back to enjoying my popcorn.
Last edited by Chuukango on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elparia's token gay disaster.

Disgraces
Ambassador

Corporate Bordello

Postby Disgraces » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am

Palmyrion wrote:Just because they claim to be part of LGBT, doesn't mean they are. (And they will never be.)

Sounds familiar.

Palmyrion
Minister

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am

Picairn wrote:
Palmyrion wrote:just overturn lawrence v texas and obergefell v hodges

No, you're a tyrant if you want to criminalize gay marriage.

What you call tyranny, we call moral uprightness. —Tradcons

Daarwyrth
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Daarwyrth » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:07 am

Disgraces wrote:
Daarwyrth wrote:No, it's a good analogy. People are born gay, it's a characteristic of their nature. Someone who has blue eyes or brown hair can't change that fact (unless they literally mask it with coloured contacts or hair dye). Their eyes will always be blue and their hair will always be brown. Identically, gay people can't change their sexual orientation. They can mask it (which is extremely unhealthy) but they can't change it.

Eye or hair color isn't a mental illness.

No, I'm not homophobic.

Excuse me, mental illness? You call homosexuality a mental illness? And make the claim you're not homophobic? I guess you missed the memo about the WHO coming to their senses and scrapping homosexuality from the list of mental illnesses... sadly, I don't think there is any hope for you that you'll come to yours.
Last edited by Daarwyrth on Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

• Daarwyrth
  • Uylensted
  • Kentauria
  • 27 years old male

Hjallvinter
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Hjallvinter » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:08 am

Shazbotdom wrote:
Hjallvinter wrote:
-N-no t-theyre not

K.

When all your links are loads of unprecedented bullshit...that kinda means that they are unprecedented bullshit.

I know that your argument is dependent on goalpost moving. People asked for instances of pedophiles tying themselves to LGBT. I provided. You say it's not good enough because you don't want it to be good enough.

"Oh, but they're unwanted..."

It doesn't change the fact that they are with you, using that movement as a pretext to push their own ends, which was the original crux of the argument that led into this discussion.

Sorry, but facts are facts.
Veritas Aequitas

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General