NATION

PASSWORD

The 2021 Card Awards - Winners Announced!

The place to wheel and deal, talk shop, and build up your dream deck!
Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

The 2021 Card Awards - Winners Announced!

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:53 pm

The 2021 Card Awards

Overview
The creatively named 2021 Card Awards are here, brought to you by the North Pacific Cards Symposium. It's time to look back at 2020 and recognize traders who stood out from the crowd. These could be community builders, big collectors, and so on. It's up to you to determine who wins. Shiny images will be given to the people who did the best job of collecting shiny pictures of flags (see above for an example).

Rules
  • Nominated items must be relevant to the time period of January 2020 - December 2020. Please keep this in mind before nominating traders who hadn't even been founded before December 2020.
  • You cannot nominate yourself or your own dispatches.
  • You may nominate multiple people for one award if you please, but you may only vote for one.
  • A trader may win multiple awards.
  • Nominations must be made via a post in this thread.
Notes
  • The nomination period will end on February 28th, and voting will close March 6th.
  • If possible, please provide explanations for each of your nominations.
  • The nominee with the most votes wins the awards, and second-best wins the runner-up.
  • Nominations and votes will be voided if foul play is suspected.
Nomination Code (Award Descriptions In Post Below)
Code: Select all
[b]Best Overall Trader:[/b]
[b]Best Rising Star Trader:[/b]
[b]Hero of the Year:[/b]
[b]Villain of the Year:[/b]
[b]Most Innovative:[/b]
[b]Most Popular:[/b]

[b]Card of the Year:[/b]
[b]Card Collection of the Year:[/b]
[b]Card Event of the Year:[/b]
[b]Card Fail of the Year:[/b]
[b]Card Publication of the Year:[/b]
[b]Card Tool of the Year:[/b]

[b]Maddeningly Mad:[/b]
[b]Wealth Beyond Words:[/b]
[b]Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible:[/b]
[b]Annoyingly Appearing All Around:[/b]

For questions, please contact Noahs Second Country or Tech#0002 on Discord.

Last edited by Noahs Second Country on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:53 pm

Award List and Descriptions
Individual Awards
  • Best Overall Trader: No matter where you stand in cards, you know that this trader is a big deal. They're not only everywhere, but they absolutely dominate in what they do. They may be a villain, a community leader, or a friend but one thing is for sure... they are the best of 2020!
  • Best Rising Star Trader: Someone who is new but shows promising potential. They have made numerous contributions despite just starting out, whether it be for their collection, the market, or organizations specializing in cards. By the time these awards go live, the trader may have already made it big!
  • Hero of the Year: Whoever is picked here has shown themselves to be of exceptional help to the cards community. This may include providing help to other traders or regional card organizations.
  • Villain of the Year: Whoever is picked here has done the exact opposite of what the Hero does. They may terrify the card market by picking on the less wealthy traders, destabilize the economy of certain cards, or other things considered dastardly!
  • Most Innovative: This person went out of their way to introduce new methods to tackle the card market, whether it be developing new trading tactics, tools to facilitate trading, and more!
  • Most Popular: This user has proved themselves to be well-known all across the cards community. Who seems to be at the top of everyone's friend list?
Other Awards
  • Card of the Year: Come on, you have to have one! It can either be a card that you personally favor or a card that’s definitely made headlines this year.
  • Card Collection of the Year: Just because one user is the greatest in cards doesn’t necessarily mean that their collection is also the best. Sometimes, other users may prove themselves to possess collections of tremendously creative merit!
  • Card Event of the Year: Whether it be a user suddenly selling all their cards, the forming of a cards organization, an extremely long auction, etc, which 2020 cards-based happening was the most interesting to you?
  • Card Fail of the Year: Not everything goes to plan for some traders! To you, which failure happened to be the most mind-boggling and/or upsetting?
  • Card Publication of the Year: Yep, there’s even been news articles that detail happenings within the cards community! Which publication has been your personal go-to? You may nominate a single dispatch.
  • Card Tool of the Year: If you use scripts (such as card farming scripts) and/or consult tools that provide needed card info, which has been the most helpful to you?
Absolutely Amazing, Alliterative, and Acclaimed Accolades
  • Maddeningly Mad: Which user performed the weirdest, most entertaining, or craziest card stunts this year?
  • Wealthy Beyond Words: Some traders possess so much bank that they can effectively monopolize multiple cards at a time. Which user made you feel broke the most?
  • Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: Which card organization made you say to yourself: “Whoa man! I REALLY need to join this!”?
  • Annoyingly Appearing All-Around: Which card has appeared/has been mentioned in the market so much that you said to yourself: “Jeez, this thing sure is popular”?
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Nominations
You may vote for one nominee in each category. Keep the timeframe in mind. Some nominations were removed following discussion among guildmasters. See the below post for the voting form code.

Individual Awards
Best Overall Trader: Koem Kab | Giovanniland | r3n | Noahs Second Country | Witchcraft and Sorcery | Midlands | 9003 | Mikeswill | Farrakhan | HumanSanity
Best Rising Star Trader: Svenskitit | Inifidecimal | Pytong | Witchcraft and Sorcery | Cavedweller | Indimu | Sylh Alanor | Giovanniland | Noahs Second Country | Free Las Pinas | Vylixan
Hero of the Year: Noahs Second Country | 9003 | Atlae | r3n | Martyn Kiryu | Koem Kab | Luna Amore | HumanSanity
Villain of the Year: Koem Kab | Refuge Isle | DavanteAdams | Giovanniland | DGES | Mikeswill | Noahs Second Country
Most Innovative: r3n | Racoda | 9003 | Infidecimal | HN67
Most Popular: DGES | 9003 | Noahs Second Country | Vylixan | Koem Kab | Praeceps | Luna Amore

Other Awards
Card of the Year: British Rashah S1 | Testlandia S2 | Soops S1 | Noahs Second Country S2 | 9003 S1 | Aki Zeta S2 | Xoriet S2 | Luna S2 | S_diego S2 | Naughty Slave Girls S2
Card Collection of the Year: S2 Ultra-Rares | S2 Legendary | DGES's exnations | S2 Rares | Cattery's cats | Undefaults | Big Brother is Watching You | Wop's Epic Collection | Second Best Card Collection | Every Animated Card | Black and White | Open Sky, Open Flame | In the Name of Love | S2 TNP
Card Event of the Year: The never-ending auction | The Second Cardlympics | Card Raid | Drasnia pull event | TCALS nerf | Luna Amore passing Koem Kab | Pergamon Pull Event
Card Fail of the Year: Mass-copy bug | 99:99:99 | Card Raid | 9003 junking a legendary | Momoshiki | Misplaced States
Card Publication of the Year: The Monthly Snapshot | The auction that lasted forever | TCALS nerf post | Regional Collection Guide | Gardener's Gazette | Card News
Card Tool of the Year: Containerise | Racoda's/Valentine Z's goldretriever | GotIssues | Inflation | RCES

Maddeningly Mad: Leto II Atreides | Infinidecimal | Noahs Second Country | 9003 | Bawkie | Koem Kab
Wealthy Beyond Words: Koem Kab | Mikeswill | Frisbeeteria | Noahs Second Country | Giovanniland
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: The North Pacific Cards Guild | XKI Co-Op | Card Gardens | Discarded Card League | TWP Card Club | None
Annoyingly Appearing All-Around: Testlandia | Queen Yuno | Soops | Every Single Inflated Common | The Rickroll | MT Army | Noahs Second Country | Vandoosa puppets | 9003 | MV Sharks | Every Legendary Card
Last edited by Noahs Second Country on Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:27 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:54 pm

Winners
Thank you to everyone who nominated and voted! The results are in. Click each spoiler to see who won the big shiny award (runner ups are listed in parentheses). If you want a higher quality image of the award, I can provide one.

Individual Awards

In a close race, Koem Kab wins the category for Best Overall! Their dominance is simply unrivaled! (Runner up: Noah’s Second Country)

In another very close race, Witchcraft and Sorcery is the best new face to the card scene! (Runner ups: Noah’s Second Country, Vylixan)

The recently commended r3n has been decided as the hero of the year! Considering their generosity, technical contributions, and general community presence this comes as no surprise! (Runner up: Luna Amore)

Koem Kab snags another award. There’s a reason why KK was the first condemned card player! (Runner up: Giovanniland)

Racoda wins this category in a landslide. Nearly every trader has used or still uses tools created by Racoda! (Runner up: r3n)

Besides bidding on every common, 9003 has hosted community events, is a member of Cards Guild leadership, and so on! As a result, 9003 is the most popular trader in the community! (Runner up: Noah’s Second Country, Praeceps)

Other Awards

Apparently NationStates Cards is a big fan of Naughty Slave Girls! I don’t have much to say here…(Runner up: 9003 S1)

Every Animated Card was one of the earliest completed collections of season 2. Who doesn’t enjoy a nice gif flag? (Runner up: Second Best Card Collection)

Luna Amore passing Koem Kab was the biggest event this year! Will Koem Kab ever be passed again? (Runner up: Never ending auction)

ImageImage
It’s a tie between 99:99:99 and 9003 junking a legendary card! The timer rolling over was quite humorous, but what beats the pain of junking a nice legendary card?

The Monthly Snapshot is the most professionally produced publication in cards, with great reads and analyses from across the community! (Runner ups: Card News, The auction that lasted forever)

Racoda and Valentine Z’s gold retrievers are critical for puppet management, transfers, and tracking packs!

Leto II Atreides has done some strange and mysterious things… who are they, and why??? (Runner up: Noah’s Second Country)

Koem Kab has too much money, being one of two traders to trade at the maximum value of 10000, and of course sitting at first on the leaderboards! (Runner up: Frisbeeteria)

The North Pacific Cards Guild is the largest and oldest card organization in NationStates! The charismatic, handsome, intelligent guildmasters must be the reason behind this place being so irresistible! (Runner up: Card Gardens)

Every single inflated common card! Thanks a lot Gio :P (Runner up: 9003 S1)
Last edited by Noahs Second Country on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:50 am, edited 4 times in total.

Praeceps
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 08, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Praeceps » Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:58 pm

Best Overall Trader: Koem Kab
Best Rising Star Trader: Svenskskit
Hero of the Year: Noahs Second Country
Villain of the Year: Koem Kab
Most Innovative: r3n
Most Popular: DGES

Card Tool of the Year: Containerise

Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: The North Pacific Cards Guild
Apparently simultaneously a Ravenclaw puppet, a NPO plant, and a Warden spy. I had no idea I was that good. Depending on who you ask, my aliases include Krulltopia.

Former Minister of Foreign Affairs for The North Pacific, Former Guildmaster of The North Pacific Cards Guild

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:01 pm

Best Overall Trader: I have 2 nominations for this category. First of all, Giovanniland is someone who has certainly made a splash. Besides their TWP collection, by the end of 2020, Giovanniland had surpassed me for deck value, taking the 2nd place spot on the leaderboard. Last, r3n has maintained much of TNL's deck, given away thousands of valuable cards, hosted pull events, and provided various other technical contributions outlined in their recent commendation. Why not Koem Kab? I feel as if the lack of community engagement prevents Koem Kab from truly being the best overall trader, as the community is a huge part of the game.
Best Rising Star Trader: I have no nomination for this category as I was inactive for much of December.
Hero of the Year: 9003 has proven themselves to be consistently helpful via scripts, advice, and how not to spell things. In addition, they saved thousands of commons from junking this year.
Villain of the Year: Refuge Isle has been quite chaotic this year. From heisting TNL for 1000 bank to selling legendary cards for .01 to the card raid, Refuge Isle has been a force of chaos this year. Honorable mention to Leto, but they have not been active enough (imo) to justify winning this award.
Most Innovative: The headlines of this year include TCALS, card defending, and a serious acceleration of farming speed. Of them, I'd argue the most notable is the latter, thus, I nominate Racoda. The RCES suite of tools was the go-to for card tools for much of 2020 until GotIssues came around.
Most Popular: This one is tough. I'll edit my post later.

Card of the Year: British Rashah was once worth 2,222 so it is somewhat valuable to me personally.
Card Collection of the Year: How about the second largest collection ever completed?
Card Event of the Year: The never-ending auction remains the best example of the cards community working together to accomplish something completely pointless but also really cool.
Card Fail of the Year: The bug that broke NS whenever someone clicked on the "trades" page of someone mass-copy transferring.
Card Publication of the Year: Will edit once I can find the dispatch
Card Tool of the Year: Racoda's goldretriever

Maddeningly Mad:
Wealth Beyond Words: Koem Kab.
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: The XKI Cards Co-op's card communism.
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Testlandia S2is seriously overrated.

Alistia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 14, 2013
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Alistia » Sat Feb 20, 2021 9:16 pm

Best Rising Star Trader: Infinitecimal
Hero of the Year: Altae
Most Innovative: N/A
Most Popular: 9003

Card of the Year: Testlandia
Card Collection of the Year: N/A
Card Event of the Year: The most recent S1 Testlandia Pull event (mainly because I pulled one, but there was a lot of pulls in general. helping new and low value people get good cards is very nice)
Card Fail of the Year: N/A
Card Publication of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1301085
Card Tool of the Year: N/A

Maddeningly Mad: N/A
Wealth Beyond Words: Mikeswill
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: None 8)
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Queen Yuno

Evrigenis
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Evrigenis » Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:14 pm

Best Overall Trader: Koem Kab, for the obvious reasons
Best Rising Star Trader:
Hero of the Year:
Villain of the Year:
Most Innovative:
Most Popular:

Card of the Year:
Card Collection of the Year:
Card Event of the Year: The Second Cardlympics hailed in a new era of competitive events.
Card Fail of the Year: When the time rolled over from 99:99:99 - NS just couldn't handle it.
Card Publication of the Year: I hate to admit it but it's true: The Monthly Snapshot is well-formatted and informative.
Card Tool of the Year: 9003's gotIssues halved the number of clicks per puppet.

Maddeningly Mad: Leto Atreides has without doubt pulled outrageous and unpredictable stunts.
Wealth Beyond Words: One of the first things that I noticed when I started playing cards was Frisbeeteria's domination of the epic market, backed by indescribable bank.
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: Who couldn't enjoy a stay at the Card Gardens?
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: S1 Soops is a total has-been.

Empty spaces will be filled in later.

Witchcraft and Sorcery
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Witchcraft and Sorcery » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 am

Best Overall Trader: Noahs Second Country
Best Rising Star Trader: a few good options but I’m going with Svenskskit. Sven might be a dirty inflation abuser but they’ve also done a lot of good through pull events and generally being helpful to the community now.
Hero of the Year: 9003 and r3n
Villain of the Year: gonna agree with Noah on Refuge Isle
Most Innovative: idk.not around long enough.
Most Popular: Noahs Second Country, mostly bc of the huge giveaway I imagine

Card of the Year: Soops. Card communism = good.
Card Collection of the Year: whatever Vylixan is doing
Card Event of the Year: wasn’t around long enough to really make a nomination here
Card Fail of the Year: see above
Card Publication of the Year: ditto
Card Tool of the Year: gotissues

Maddeningly Mad: Infinitecimal. Some of their investments and inflations had me scratching my head.
Wealth Beyond Words: Frisbeeteria. When I started I would have said Koem Kab but how Fris got so much bank is a little disgusting.
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: 10ki Cards Co-Op!
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Can I collectively nominate every single inflated common?
Last edited by Witchcraft and Sorcery on Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

In war, victory. In peace, vigilance. In death, sacrifice. Commended by SC #429.
Represented in the WA by the mysterious hooded figures lurking in the dog park, speaking through voice changers.

[8:17 PM] Dakota: You're a lame moralist
[8:17 PM] Dakota: But it's okay because the rest of your personality makes up for it

Conklandi
Attaché

Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Conklandi » Sun Feb 21, 2021 2:23 am

Best Overall Trader: Wizardry and Socery
Best Rising Star Trader: Svenskit
Hero of the Year: Martyn Kiryu
Most Innovative: Racoda
Most Popular: Vylixan

Card of the Year: Noah S2
Card Collection of the Year: Giovanniland's Collection Collection
Card Event of the Year: Noah's giveaway
Card Tool of the Year: Got Issues

Wealth Beyond Words: Giovanniland

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:57 am

Traders, please pay attention to the time period nominations should apply to.

My giveaway is an event of 2021, some of the nominated traders barely have any trades in 2020, this was published more than a year ago, etc..

None of these nominations are disqualified, but please be mindful that these awards apply to 2020.

Radicalania
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Radicalania » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:59 am

Best Overall Trader: Sadly, KK.
Best Rising Star Trader: SVEN! Apart from being a fulltime legend and helping anybody new, he's constantly running pull events to help whoever he can out, and is generally a good egg.
Hero of the Year:
Villain of the Year: I'll think about it.
Most Innovative:
Most Popular: 9003- apart from being an instantly recognisable name, they're very helpful when first starting, or completing a collection, and this seems to attract popularity.

Card of the Year:
Card Collection of the Year: The Season 2 Legendary Collection 169/169- by everyone who has one. Whilst it's not unique, it's usually a result of cross community support, and a lot of hard work. It's also very pretty.
Card Event of the Year: pass
Card Fail of the Year:
Card Publication of the Year: Probably one of TNPs, I'll have a look.
Card Tool of the Year: Pass

Maddeningly Mad:
Wealthy Beyond Words: Mikeswill
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: N/A
Annoyingly Appearing All-Around: The Rick Roll card.
Posts on this account represent Martyn Kiryu and only Martyn Kiryu unless specified.

"Ask for work. If they don't give you work, ask for bread. If they don't give you work or bread, then take bread"-Emma Golding, Anarchism and Other Essays
ALL Cats Are Beautiful
"Martyn, I thought you quit?
-Everyone, 2019, 2021, 2023

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:06 am

Dang it, I would have nominated my own auction!

All right, serious input, ahh... let's see. Please do bear in mind that while I do play the cards, I don't really pay a lot of attention to the happenings closely, so sometimes it might be skewed.

Best Overall Trader: Koem Kab or DGES. I am a bit torn on either one, but I might go with the latter.
Best Rising Star Trader:
Hero of the Year:
Villain of the Year: I'm gonna have to go with DavanteAdams, or Momo, though the latter is DOS.
Most Innovative:
Most Popular: Koem Kab.

Card of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/card=85949/season=1. Crazy MV and trades all-around to me. Though the image is a tad grotesque.
Card Collection of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/collection=525/nation=destructive_government_economic_system
Card Event of the Year:
Card Fail of the Year:
Card Publication of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1344316 (at the risk of getting this disqualified for it involving my card, but hey, it's actually amazing not just because of mine but because this could be anyone else's).
Card Tool of the Year: https://github.com/jmikk/gotIssues. The one with Containerization is amazing! Yes, it is still manual with issue-answering and I have no issues with that, but I no longer have to switch logins!

Maddeningly Mad:
Wealth Beyond Words: Frisbeeteria.
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible:
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: That fking tic-tac-toe card.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Sun Feb 21, 2021 4:08 am, edited 3 times in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:37 am

Best Overall Trader: Midlands (Now I know this is controversial, but Midlands is successful purely off of trading, unlike most of us who farm to supplement income)
Best Rising Star Trader:[*]
Hero of the Year: Koem Kab
Villain of the Year: Giovanniland
Most Innovative:[*]
Most Popular:[*]

Card of the Year: Aki Zeta
Card Collection of the Year: (complete collection of all) Season two Rares by Noah: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... _collector
Card Event of the Year: That mega pull event at the end of may/beginning of june, in which Soops, MC, QY, OT, Tupelope all crashed, maybe a fail?
Card Fail of the Year: That mega pull event at the end of may/beginning of june, in which Soops, MC, QY, OT, Tupelope all crashed.
Card Publication of the Year: Ballo announcing the nerf of TCALS
Card Tool of the Year: inflation

Maddeningly Mad: Noah
Wealth Beyond Words: Noah
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: Noah
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Noah
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Vylixan
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Mar 19, 2006
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vylixan » Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:40 am

Best Overall Trader: r3n, there is in my mind no one who has shown as much dedication to cards and it's community then r3n, and even though most things he's known for are his tools and his community efforts, he's also a capable card collector and trader. I've never been so humbled as when I saw him start collecting TNP S2.
Best Rising Star Trader: I could name a lot of people here, Witchcraft and Sorcery and Svenskskit for their meteoric rise in DV, although they started very late, Cavedweller, Sylh Alanor and Indimu for showing that card trading doesn't always have to be a battle every single time. And many others! For me personally the rising star was Pytong because of their hard work in collecting legendary cards combined with their compassion and kindness to others, a rare treat amongst card traders to see someone work very hard for a goal and still stay so unselfishly.
Hero of the Year: The Atlae Isles more then any other card trader showed me the way in card trading, always kind, always fun to be around, I admire his tenacity in getting his head into tools and scripts, the feedback, tips and help he gives me and others, the enthusiasm they show for cards and it's community.
Villain of the Year: Koem Kab, there is only one name that people speak of in fear, whenever someone starts doing dangerous thing with cards, there is one name the fear.
Most Innovative: 9003 for his GotIssues script that made things so much better, Racoda and r3n are the runner ups.
Most Popular: Noahs Second Country

Card of the Year: Xoriet S2, nuff said
Card Collection of the Year: On Catiania's puppet Cattery's : “The cattest of the cats”, because why not cats?
Card Event of the Year: The Drasnia pull event 9003 did for The North Pacific, that was a beautiful thing to witness in VC.
Card Fail of the Year: 9003 junking a legendary during a pull event, of course it had to happen to 9003, the Avatar of Chaos in cards!
Card Publication of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1441499
Card Tool of the Year: GotIssues by 9003, this was a game changer.

Maddeningly Mad: 9003, always interesting to see what his next zany idea is, be it a new script of tool, or same crazy auciton, inflation, pull event or deflation.
Wealth Beyond Words: Giovanniland, the man is made of gold and makes more gold everyday
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: The North Pacific Guild, the first, the biggest, the best. They shows they way to all other card organizations.
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Testlandia, and I still don't get why
Last edited by Vylixan on Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ioavollr
Attaché

Founded: Aug 18, 2006

Postby Ioavollr » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:56 am

Card of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... 6/season=2 Noah's second country. From monolith to omnipresent
Card Collection of the Year: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... iemstagrad Reimstagrad's undefault is the most fun
Card Event of the Year: Noah giving his cards away

Svenskskit
Political Columnist

Founded: May 12, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Svenskskit » Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:09 am

I haven't been in the cards community (or on the site, for that matter) for as long as most people on here, so please take my nominations with that context in mind.

Best Overall Trader: Giovanniland, the pioneer of card inflation, a high-risk but impressive technique for small traders to quickly climb the DV rankings. Besides being friendly and welcoming to all players, Gio maintains the Collection Collection threads, Card Gardens dispatches and an impressive The West Pacific S2 collection that is set to become the first complete S2 GCR collection. Honorable mention goes to r3n/1 very fast endotarter for creating and maintaining the card database, and for his work in the TNP Cards Guild. (Unfortunately, he was mostly inactive when I started paying attention to the cards minigame).
Best Rising Star Trader: Witchcraft and Sorcery and I joined the cards community on the same day (November 26th), but he was already well known as a formidable defender of the SPSF. Within a month, W&S amassed an impressive 15k DV without the use of card inflation (an unwise principle to abide by, but I digress), has led several community pull events and is now contributing to the establishment of The South Pacific's upcoming trading cards organization.
Hero of the Year:
Villain of the Year: DavanteAdams proved himself to be quite the annoyance with his aggressive promotion of his card programs on both the forums and TNP's RMB. Davante was also revealed to have cheated on the December Cardlympics, and admitted to creating his CARDS4ALL organization not for the benefit of the community, but to obtain more cards from Noah's giveaway.
Most Innovative: Racoda, for creating the GoldRetriever, the RCES suite of card utilities and the holy image of our lord and savior, Pikamax. Racoda, YES.
Most Popular: 9003, the master of recognizable flags who takes all friends and card traders to Isengrade. (As well as creating a multitude of card/GP utilities, offering quick support for technical problems and buying up low-owner commons no one would have thought to save.)

Card of the Year: S1 9003, the ugliest card everyone wants to own
Card Collection of the Year: Giovanniland's Big Brother is Watching You. 1984 is my favorite fictional book, cliché as that is
Card Event of the Year: TCALS being updated to only work on recently-generated packs
Card Fail of the Year: The week-long Valentine Z auction
Card Publication of the Year: The auction that lasted forever
Card Tool of the Year: GotIssues

Maddeningly Mad: Infinitecimal's strange inflation strategy and odd choice of regional collection never ceases to baffle me.
Wealth Beyond Words: Frisbeeteria likes hoarding bank.
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Any Vandoosa puppet card, the flags enrage me. I really hate that art style!

Indusse
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Indusse » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:11 am

Best Overall Trader: 9003
Best Rising Star Trader: Witchcraft and Sorcery
Hero of the Year: NSC
Villain of the Year: DGES
Most Innovative: Infinitecimal
Most Popular: NSC
Card Publication of the Year: Gardener's Gazette( The Card Gardens.)
Maddeningly Mad: Bawkie
Wealth Beyond Words: Koem Kab
Indescribably and Irrevocably and Irresistible: Mikeswill
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: 9003
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------
------------------

Resume
Issue Author: #1428
IAC 13 Champions

Farrakhan
Secretary

Founded: Dec 10, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Farrakhan » Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:57 pm

Salaam

By broad metrics ranging from Deck Value, Trading Activity, Liquid Bank, and Capital Investment, no player has been more objectively consequential. Looking back at my own transactions, he has been my most frequent trading partner, and the overall size of the total investment amounts involved was peerless. Should the day ever come when his trading operations cease, the deflationary impact would be inescapable, radically altering the landscape of the game. No question, Trader of the Year!

Best Rising Star Trader: Giovanniland
Using the relevant timeframe, on 1/1/20 the International Artwork chart shows this player with a DV of just 287.82. On the closeout of 12/31/20, that number was 227,106.44! That is a remarkable gain of 78,805.72%. In line with his amazing increase in DV, the composition by which he achieved his rise was both unique and self-made. Sporting a risky style, there was no active player in the game whose cards I pulled more often through TCALS when Card Farming. Without a single Legendary, he created far more value directly from his own effort than he inherited from others. Respect!

Hero of the Year: Noah
Obviously, an immensely talented player, for him to go out of his way to distribute his vast collection to the community at large shows he is also a first-class person. Heroic and worthy of both respect and admiration.

Has put forth an amazing body of work that has directly benefited my style of play.

Card of the Year: Noah S2
As someone who plays as a Market Maker, the value of other cards is in their capacity to realize Bank when liquidated at auction. The returns I gained from this card during the timeframe consistently outperformed every other Legendary in the market. It takes a great deal of commitment, talent, and skill for a player to support their card with such high recurring Standing Bids for sustained periods of time. A sorely missed presence when I card farm, this is my vote for Card of the Year.

Card Publication of the Year:The Monthly Snapshot
Very well put together, always a worthwhile read. Great technical analysis and the topics covered help to chronicle the history of the game as it slowly evolves.
NSCS Seminar: Acting As A Market Maker

"What the ancients called a clever fighter is one who not only wins, but excels in winning with ease."

-Sun Tzu 'The Art of War'

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:15 pm

Best Overall Trader: Mikeswill (I mean like Koem Kab was already nominated many times lol)
Best Rising Star Trader: Witchcraft and Sorcery
Hero of the Year: r3n via The Northern Light
Most Popular: 9003

Card of the Year: Season 1 Soops
Card Collection of the Year: Wops Epic collection (1832/1832) Completed
Card Event of the Year: Valentine Z 12.5-day auction
Card Fail of the Year: Momoshiki's attempt to start a giveaway but getting nuked before they were able to send anything
Card Publication of the Year: Gardener's Gazette
Card Tool of the Year: Racoda's Containerise

Maddeningly Mad: Leto II Atreides
Wealth Beyond Words: Frisbeeteria
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Season 2 Testlandia
Last edited by Destructive Government Economic System on Mon Feb 22, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:05 am

lol has anyone nominated me for rising star of the year?

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:06 am

i made it to the top 78 in cards before I took downfall, keep in mind I was founded in mid September.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:28 am

Svenskskit wrote:I haven't been in the cards community (or on the site, for that matter) for as long as most people on here, so please take my nominations with that context in mind.

Best Overall Trader: Giovanniland, the pioneer of card inflation, a high-risk but impressive technique for small traders to quickly climb the DV rankings. Besides being friendly and welcoming to all players, Gio maintains the Collection Collection threads, Card Gardens dispatches and an impressive The West Pacific S2 collection that is set to become the first complete S2 GCR collection. Honorable mention goes to r3n/1 very fast endotarter for creating and maintaining the card database, and for his work in the TNP Cards Guild. (Unfortunately, he was mostly inactive when I started paying attention to the cards minigame).
Best Rising Star Trader: Witchcraft and Sorcery and I joined the cards community on the same day (November 26th), but he was already well known as a formidable defender of the SPSF. Within a month, W&S amassed an impressive 15k DV without the use of card inflation (an unwise principle to abide by, but I digress), has led several community pull events and is now contributing to the establishment of The South Pacific's upcoming trading cards organization.
Hero of the Year:
Villain of the Year: DavanteAdams proved himself to be quite the annoyance with his aggressive promotion of his card programs on both the forums and TNP's RMB. Davante was also revealed to have cheated on the December Cardlympics, and admitted to creating his CARDS4ALL organization not for the benefit of the community, but to obtain more cards from Noah's giveaway.
Most Innovative: Racoda, for creating the GoldRetriever, the RCES suite of card utilities and the holy image of our lord and savior, Pikamax. Racoda, YES.
Most Popular: 9003, the master of recognizable flags who takes all friends and card traders to Isengrade. (As well as creating a multitude of card/GP utilities, offering quick support for technical problems and buying up low-owner commons no one would have thought to save.)

Card of the Year: S1 9003, the ugliest card everyone wants to own
Card Collection of the Year: Giovanniland's Big Brother is Watching You. 1984 is my favorite fictional book, cliché as that is
Card Event of the Year: TCALS being updated to only work on recently-generated packs
Card Fail of the Year: The week-long Valentine Z auction
Card Publication of the Year: The auction that lasted forever
Card Tool of the Year: GotIssues

Maddeningly Mad: Infinitecimal's strange inflation strategy and odd choice of regional collection never ceases to baffle me.
Wealth Beyond Words: Frisbeeteria likes hoarding bank.
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Any Vandoosa puppet card, the flags enrage me. I really hate that art style!

Wow thanks a lot. I appreciate reading this right after giving away all of my cards to the communtiy when I could have just become a ex nation and wasted all of it.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:44 am

Giovanniland:- He is less than a year old and yet is one of the best ever collectors on NationStates
Breakout Collector: Giovanniland:- Duh.
Hero of the Year: Momoshiki for this one. She did many giveaways just for the fun of it. Helped me out SO much along my journey in NationStates cards, and was overall a great person to know. I know a lot will say they were evil and got banned. But what they got banned for happened years ago.
[b](might as well vote myself huh? Koem Kab:
- When everyone is fearful of something on NationStates, Koem is not the guy to mess with.
Ill think about this one.:
9003:- Man do I love this guy, not only is he a nice guy, but he is a good collector and perfect guy to go to during troubling times.

Card of the Year:
Card Collection of the Year:
Cardlympics:- this is kind of obvious.
Card Fail of the Year:
Card Publication of the Year:
Card Tool of the Year:

Maddeningly Mad:
Noahs Second Country:
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible:
Annoyingly Appearing All Around:
Last edited by DavanteAdams on Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toerana
Envoy

Founded: Nov 27, 2018
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Toerana » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:18 am

Best Overall Trader: 9003
Hero of the Year: Noah
Villain of the Year: Giovanniland
Most Innovative: R3n
Most Popular: DGES

Card of the Year: 9003 S1
Card Collection of the Year: Ultra Rare S2 (An Actual Hurricane)
Card Event of the Year: The never-ending auction
Card Publication of the Year: The Comprehensive Guide to NationStates Cards

Wealth Beyond Words: Fris
Indescribably and Irrevocably Irresistible: Discarded Card League
Annoyingly Appearing All Around: Noah’s Second Country S2

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Trading Cards