NATION

PASSWORD

French government denounces American Woke Left

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

North Rosmana
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 07, 2021
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby North Rosmana » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:39 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:Day 3 of wondering what is and isn't woke.

I can not figure it out either, I thought it was a new age thing TBH.
News in Dispatches, NS Stats are not accurate, read dispatches and factbooks.
My other nations are Rosmana and raskana
NS Policies are no longer used:Atheism-Cannabis.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:40 am

Like is it stupid to say only whites can be racist? Yes, and it's stupid to say men can't be victims of sexual assault. But saying that racism exists is just being honest. So what is woke? Is acknowledging that white supremacy exists woke or does one have to hate whites in general to count as woke? Where's the borderline?
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:44 am

French intellectuals have always felt threatened by US culture. They fear being overwhelmed by superior numbers of (as they see it) inferior culture.

The "American Woke Left" should be very gratified by this. Woke is not fake, signal leftism if even France is worried by it. Viva la Revolution!
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:50 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:French intellectuals have always felt threatened by US culture. They fear being overwhelmed by superior numbers of (as they see it) inferior culture.

Ironic, their culture produced a racist that inspired the Nazis and the Jim Crow South. Not very nobler than the "inferior" Americans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_de_Gobineau
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:51 am

Glorious Hong Kong wrote:
This is happening right now in France. Where Trump failed to decisively curtail leftist insanity, Macron may yet succeed.

Exactly. Trump gave reactionary ideas a bad name as it was easy to reject it as part of trumpism or being a Trump supporter, whereas Macron comes from a more centrist position (in some ways more left than Biden) and says 'Muslims shouldn't create separatism and segregation in French society'.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 am

Picairn wrote:
A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:French intellectuals have always felt threatened by US culture. They fear being overwhelmed by superior numbers of (as they see it) inferior culture.

Ironic, their culture produced a racist that inspired the Nazis and the Jim Crow South. Not very nobler than the "inferior" Americans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_de_Gobineau

Arthur was a weird guy. Thought the southern French were racially inferior and claimed middle eastern people were allegedly messed up cause they were a mix of white, black and asian.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

A-Series-Of-Tubes
Minister

Founded: Dec 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby A-Series-Of-Tubes » Fri Feb 12, 2021 6:58 am

Picairn wrote:

Seriously. That's your refutation of "French intellectuals have always felt threatened by US culture"?

I said "(as they see it) inferior" and you thought I said "inferior"?

If you disagree with my obvious generalization, then disagree. Picking at me with "here's one exception" gets you no further than this .
True Centrist: Someone who changes the subject whenever it sounds like politics.
Please don't report each other to find out if a rule was broken ... If you're not sure, do not report.

Echo Chamber Thought Police
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Echo Chamber Thought Police » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:07 am

Picairn wrote:

most people in the 19th century were racists
Add circa 10,000 posts on to current account, founded May 14th 2018. Agarntrop is other account.
LOHG: A UK-based political RP
OCCUPY THE HEDGEFUNDS - INVEST IN GAMESTOP
Left-leaning Social Democrat
You Have No Authority Here, Jackie Weaver

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:51 am

Echo Chamber Thought Police wrote:
Picairn wrote:Ironic, their culture produced a racist that inspired the Nazis and the Jim Crow South. Not very nobler than the "inferior" Americans. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arthur_de_Gobineau

most people in the 19th century were racists

People who believed in full racial equality were seen as radical back then. This also was back during the time of scientific racism which was widespread in Europe, especially among the "Nordicists" like Gobineau who thought the nords were either the purest group of whites and therefore superior or a separate race altogether from the southern Europeans and therefore superior.

Picairn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Picairn » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:52 am

A-Series-Of-Tubes wrote:Seriously. That's your refutation of "French intellectuals have always felt threatened by US culture"?

I said "(as they see it) inferior" and you thought I said "inferior"?

If you disagree with my obvious generalization, then disagree. Picking at me with "here's one exception" gets you no further than this .

Wait, what? I wasn't disagreeing with you.
Picairn's Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Minister: Edward H. Cornell
WA Ambassador: John M. Terry (Active)
Factbook | Constitution | Newspaper
Social democrat, passionate political observer, and naval warfare enthusiast.
More NSG-y than NSG veterans
♛ The Empire of Picairn ♛
-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-—————————-✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯-
Colonel (Brevet) of the North Pacific Army, COO of Warzone Trinidad

No State Here
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby No State Here » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:55 am

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:The American media portrayed Macron as some sort of woke progressive like Ardern back in 2017, and Americans generally have the impression that Europeans are "woker," but if you know anything about Macron’s policies and the overton window of French politics in general, it shouldn’t be a surprise. France is one of the countries I respect the most because everyone in the country from all sides of politics are generally nationalists, which is why politicians won’t put their political party before the country. We saw this during Erdogan’s attacks on Macron, where even his biggest political opponents like Le Pen came to his defense because, he is after all, the president of France

Americans often don’t realize how obsessed we are with race and gender and how much people in the rest of the world just don’t care about this stuff. Not saying idpol is an American thing, it definitely exists in many places, but the fixation for American people and politicians on race issues is fairly unique to the US. One might say that’s a result of a history of slavery, but another American country with a history of African slavery, Brazil, doesn’t have this issue to nearly the same extent
Abolish NSG

New York Anarcho-Capitalist Minarchist, not an Ancap anymore
Theme
Anthem

No State Here
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby No State Here » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:56 am

"woke" originally meant being aware of racism, but eventually it was hijacked by CRT and Melanin Theory nuts and became a catch-all term for "SJWs"
Abolish NSG

New York Anarcho-Capitalist Minarchist, not an Ancap anymore
Theme
Anthem

Ostroeuropa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jun 14, 2006
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ostroeuropa » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:18 am

Feminism, CRT, and anti-nation frameworks.
Ostro.MOV

There is an out of control trolley speeding towards Jeremy Bentham, who is tied to the track. You can pull the lever to cause the trolley to switch tracks, but on the other track is Immanuel Kant. Bentham is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Critique of Pure Reason. Kant is clutching the only copy in the universe of The Principles of Moral Legislation. Both men are shouting at you that they have recently started to reconsider their ethical stances.

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Destyntine » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:40 am

North Rosmana wrote:

I can not figure it out either, I thought it was a new age thing TBH.

The 'woke' left is a term given to the the mass gatherings of SJWs demanding something in the name of racial inequity, gender equity, or 3rd wave feminism. The woke left often uses cancel culture, the act of mass slandering on social media to attack people, corporations, media, or specific ideological groups that do not give in to their beliefs or demands. The woke left is a new age thing, most prevalent in America.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:41 am

Ostroeuropa wrote:

Feminism, CRT, and anti-nation frameworks.

What if you're against all nations? And feminism isn't all that woke if by feminism you mean "women should have the rights men do." Third wave feminism probably does count though. Second wave is eeeeeeh.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:44 am

Destyntine wrote:
North Rosmana wrote:I can not figure it out either, I thought it was a new age thing TBH.

The 'woke' left is a term given to the the mass gatherings of SJWs demanding something in the name of racial inequity, gender equity, or 3rd wave feminism. The woke left often uses cancel culture, the act of mass slandering on social media to attack people, corporations, media, or specific ideological groups that do not give in to their beliefs or demands. The woke left is a new age thing, most prevalent in America.

Tbh are they really leftists? When someone says something like "all black people whether rich or poor, young or old, male or female, need to come together and fight against the white man," that sounds an awful alot more fascist than communist. I would argue that the worst of identity politics types are actually far right and not far left. The whole idea of original fascism after all was replacing the class dichotomy with the nation or race dichotomy, and isn't that what the worst of the so called woke crowd do? I just don't see what is left wing about these types. For me being leftwing was always about abolishing the current capitalist system, not "white people need to make space for black people cause you're racist."

Sundiata
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 27, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sundiata » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:46 am

France has been lost since the late 1700s. I don't envy President Macron.
"Don't say, 'That person bothers me.' Think: 'That person sanctifies me.'"
-St. Josemaria Escriva

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:47 am

Sundiata wrote:France has been lost since the late 1700s. I don't envy President Macron.

You mean when they threw out the king? It was all in the name of Liberty and while mistakes were made along the way, the French revolution was a good thing.
Last edited by Borderlands of Rojava on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

National Capitalist United States
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:49 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Destyntine wrote:The 'woke' left is a term given to the the mass gatherings of SJWs demanding something in the name of racial inequity, gender equity, or 3rd wave feminism. The woke left often uses cancel culture, the act of mass slandering on social media to attack people, corporations, media, or specific ideological groups that do not give in to their beliefs or demands. The woke left is a new age thing, most prevalent in America.

Tbh are they really leftists? When someone says something like "all black people whether rich or poor, young or old, male or female, need to come together and fight against the white man," that sounds an awful alot more fascist than communist. I would argue that the worst of identity politics types are actually far right and not far left. The whole idea of original fascism after all was replacing the class dichotomy with the nation or race dichotomy, and isn't that what the worst of the so called woke crowd do? I just don't see what is left wing about these types. For me being leftwing was always about abolishing the current capitalist system, not "white people need to make space for black people cause you're racist."

I think by "leftists" they mean progressives
Last edited by National Capitalist United States on Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

Arcturus Novus
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 03, 2011
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Arcturus Novus » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:51 am

Sundiata wrote:France has been lost since the late 1700s. I don't envy President Macron.

Monarchism fucking sucks actually
Arcy (she/her), NS' fourth-favorite transsexual communist!
"I can fix her!" cool, I'm gonna make her worse.
me - my politics - my twitter
Nilokeras wrote:there is of course an interesting thread to pull on [...]
Unfortunately we're all forced to participate in whatever baroque humiliation kink the OP has going on instead.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:56 am

Arcturus Novus wrote:

Monarchism fucking sucks actually

The world would be better without any kings.

Destyntine
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Destyntine » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:56 am

Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Destyntine wrote:The 'woke' left is a term given to the the mass gatherings of SJWs demanding something in the name of racial inequity, gender equity, or 3rd wave feminism. The woke left often uses cancel culture, the act of mass slandering on social media to attack people, corporations, media, or specific ideological groups that do not give in to their beliefs or demands. The woke left is a new age thing, most prevalent in America.

I'd say they are a mix of both, antifa is an anarchist organization and yet they fight along side BLM which appears to be a strong mix of social lefties following the trend and anti-white fascists. The trend seems to also be hitting western Europe, with France, England, and of course Sweden.

I agree with you though, I lean slightly to the left and yet my focus tends to be on balancing the wealth gaps and protecting our environment. I believe racial equality has already been achieved.
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄ I do stuff n' thangs.¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Spaceship go Vroooom!

NS stats are not 100% accurate, but they do represent my nation slightly!
Yeah, I'm sassy! Get over it!

An-Tanwir
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby An-Tanwir » Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:59 am

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Getting called out for being bigoted isnt "woke cancel culture", its called "consequences for your actions". Shape up or ship out.

inb4 "but free speech!!!" Yeah, I want to restrict your speech. You should not be able to peddle and incite bigotry, you should not be able to create hostile environments for minorities. I'm PROUD to say that I have enough conviction to shut down that kind of rhetoric. You can get your "Right to Free Speech" back when you start respecting the ACTUAL rights of oppressed peoples.
Mao Zedong Thought, Proud Transwoman (she/her, I'm watching you), bad Buddhist, Anti-American. Source Library. Socialism 101. Marxism 101.
[*]Tanwir People's Republic
[*]Single-party People's Democratic Dictatorship
[*]Capital of Tsetungabad
[*]150M people
[*]Planned economy
[*]Main Industries: Uranium, Plutonium, and Thorium mining

Royal Frankia
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 21, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Royal Frankia » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:01 am

Kudos, the wokers are trying to gut Classical education which is the heart of Western civ. There's no reason to remove such works as the Odyssey or The Scarlet Letter from schools. There's even an attempt to claim figures such as Marcus Aurelius or Saint Louis are white supremacists.

It's a soft version of what Mao did, in my opinion, to Classical Chinese heritage and sites.
O Pious, do not forsake us!
We keep the Law of the Mater Atkana.
Her name is ever upon our tongue.
O Pious, do not forget the Children of Atkane!
What must rise, must fall. What must live, must die. What must be, must cease. Only the One shall remain.

Annals in the time of Ynga II-Factbook
Atkana the Merciful, Blessed be She and Her Beloved Norva

National Capitalist United States
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby National Capitalist United States » Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:03 am

An-Tanwir wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. Getting called out for being bigoted isnt "woke cancel culture", its called "consequences for your actions". Shape up or ship out.

Exactly. The twitter conservatives are the real snowflakes.

I want to restrict your speech.

Unbased and cringe
Last edited by National Capitalist United States on Fri Feb 12, 2021 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entrepreneurial Freedom Zone

─╤══̵̵͇̿̿̿̿╦︻ Put this in your sig if you are a war profiteer ︻╦̵̵͇̿̿̿̿══╤─

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General