NATION

PASSWORD

[DEFEATED] Protecting Sapient Life

A carefully preserved record of the most notable World Assembly debates.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yappar
Civilian

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Yappar » Fri Jan 29, 2021 10:46 am

I'm in a civil war and would like to make sure that people who are working with the Far-right are punished, which means sometimes people gotta die.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:55 pm

The Dominion of Mankind wrote:What an utterly absurd proposal, was the last one not enough for your poor bleeding heart?

I agree that the last one was good enough. My nations heart isn't bleeding. Our nation is strong and we are marching with an Iron holy fist.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jan 29, 2021 12:59 pm

Yappar wrote:I'm in a civil war and would like to make sure that people who are working with the Far-right are punished, which means sometimes people gotta die.

Your nations in civil war?! Would you like for Texkentuck to land an immigration jet and take some of those on the far right who may be catholic off your nations land? We have plenty of land for new settlement. Our nation may have the freedom they crave.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:00 pm

Avleristan wrote:The Federation of Avleristan absolutely rejects the absolute ban of capital punishment and hereby vote against the resolution

The great General listens and replies that's a hell of stance......

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

We're back our protest was reconized

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:37 pm

We are back as the General of the Texkentuck police Force Today presents President Bram W. Schirkophf with his security of a small army. :clap: Everyone who is in the group stands and President Schirkophf walks in blowing cigar smoke and states we've released the WA inspectors from our prisons for flight back to wherever nation they came from. All nations who are bluntly for the death penalty and not pro-life our air defense system stays in place against your nation and don't have air rights over our nation. We vote against Protecting Sapient life because this is an overeach in sovereignty. If this bill passes or doesn't we will still choose to not support the death penalty!! Shouts- We choose to also be anti-abortion !! Our nation would like to see nations with more political freedom !!!!!!! Your factories are hell holes!!! Don't allow light beer drinking!!!!! The use of cell phones as a human right!!! Our nation is a holy and technological nation...... The president lowers his voice speaking into the microphone...... We would like to see an easy proposal that supports this as such. Also we would like to see legislation passed against foreign UFO over a nations air space or land. This ban will allow for nations to have more civil rights in the area of privacy from foreign governments. Also in the area of civil rights we would like to see nations be for religious freedom. Texkentuck is religiously free but because of the nations stance and message most are the same religion but we have laws to protect individuals who think freely in order to find faith. Faith is not gained or achieved but it can only be experienced through free thought and discovery and soul searching. Our nation wants to see world bring about a new age of free thought which allows for people to think..... First it starts with a bill for freedom of religion!! I yell out FREEDOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Schirkophf pulls out a big bottle of Texkentuck Bourbon and takes a sip......Then states this World Assembly needs to start passing real bills. Enough of this Sh*t show......................................... :rofl:
Last edited by Texkentuck on Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Hulldom
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 16, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hulldom » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:54 pm

See, the irony is that Freedom of Religion has already been guaranteed (see: GAR #430).

I’d implore you to perhaps consider looking over the corpus of WA law, I think you’ll find it’s much more exhaustive, comprehensive, and generally stronger on subjects like rights than you’d like to think.
...And I feel like I'm clinging to a cloud!

Sierra Lyricalia
Senator

Founded: Nov 29, 2008
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sierra Lyricalia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:56 pm

Texkentuck wrote:<snip>

OOC: There is never a need to quadruple-post. If you scroll to the bottom of the message posting page you have a dialog box with the last page or so of posts in it, each one with a quote button that adds it to your current post.
Principal-Agent, Anarchy; Squadron Admiral [fmr], The Red Fleet
The Semi-Honorable Leonid Berkman Pavonis
Author: 354 GA / Issues 436, 451, 724
Ambassador Pro Tem
Tech Level: Complicated (or not: 7/0/6 i.e. 12) / RP Details
Jerk, Ideological Deviant, Roach, MT Army stooge, & "red [who] do[es]n't read" (various)
Illustrious Bum #279

Tlazohchitl
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 08, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Tlazohchitl » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:39 pm

This may be the breaking point. First prisoner rights, then a ban on the death penalty, and now this! Do you spit in the face of the gods, look them in the eyes, and curse their will? Tenoch demands blood, and blood He shall receive. If the heretics of this Assembly dare think they may defy Him, Tlazohchitl will continue alone.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Too many laws from elsewhere

Postby Texkentuck » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:48 pm

So many laws in the WA and some go back years......I'm for passing a proposal that gets rid of every proposal before 2018. :rofl: Lets rule this WA :rofl: :rofl:

Refuge Isle
Technical Moderator

Founded: Dec 14, 2018
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Refuge Isle » Fri Jan 29, 2021 2:54 pm

Texkentuck wrote:So many laws in the WA and some go back years....

Wait until you see how real life works.

There's even more, and they go back even further!

Greater Cesnica
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 30, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Cesnica » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:43 pm

Tlazohchitl wrote:Do you spit in the face of the gods, look them in the eyes, and curse their will?

Yes.
Sic Semper Tyrannis.
WA Discord Server
Authorship Dispatch
WA Ambassador: Slick McCooley
Firearm Rights are Human Rights
privacytools.io - Use these tools to safeguard your online activities, freedoms, and safety
My IFAK and Booboo Kit Starter Guide!
novemberstars#8888 on Discord
San Lumen wrote:You are ridiculous.
George Orwell wrote:“That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there.”

Tupioca
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 20, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tupioca » Fri Jan 29, 2021 6:37 pm

IC: I would be more inclined to vote for its passing if it was longer than the first few pages of a Dr. Seuss children's book. It lacks any specificity or detailed literature convincing me to vote for it's passing. Also I do not support legislation that dictates what a military court can and cannot rule upon with in their own respective organizations. Especially when it comes to passing sentences on soldiers, sailors, and airmen who violate military law on top of sovereign law. Though there are so many things wrong with the simple presentation and wording of this legislation. I highly recommend that the author and co-author of this GAR return to the drawing board and put more effort into it than simple presenting it in rough draft format. Also I believe the word you are looking for is not Sapient but Sentient.

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:19 pm

"In accordance with our philosophy of protecting national sovereignty, as well as voting against all resoultions authored by the nation of Tinhampton, we have cast our vote accordingly. We are exceptionally pleased to see this going in the bin, where it deserves to be."

Wayne
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Scalizagasti
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Scalizagasti » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:51 pm

The United Regions Alliance recommends voting against this resolution. During internal voting, 2 member regions supported the resolution, 10 opposed, and 2 abstained. For more detailed reasoning, see the dispatch below.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1498278
Scalizagasti | iiwiki page | he/him

URA WA Affairs Department Head
Senator in Mariner Trench
Former President of The Great Experiment

Don't let them tell you it can't be done - Jack Layton

Neymarland
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 12, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Neymarland » Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:33 am

Scalizagasti wrote:The United Regions Alliance recommends voting against this resolution. During internal voting, 2 member regions supported the resolution, 10 opposed, and 2 abstained. For more detailed reasoning, see the dispatch below.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1498278

I congrat you for showing your regions views in a nicer way than most.
What's that, someone is within 5 feet from me? Dives REF, REF! RED CARD, RED CARD
NEYMARLAND Is a proud member of International Democratic Union
"You passed the Parc de Pantses. Hope you find your new jeans tomorrow."
Sign on HIghway 45802-540-35903
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - Terry Pratchett
"If you didn't shed the blood, take the bruises, and broke your bones, did you even do it?" - Neymar Da Sliva Santo s Junior
NEWS: Messi scores another goal, Parisians go insane.
LFC Fan

Ionida
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 27, 2021

Postby Ionida » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Picairn wrote:
Honeydewistania wrote:No.

I concur. Brutal dictators and genocidal megalomaniacs should be executed.

Agreed. The Commonwealth cannot and will not support the removal of its right to try and punish war criminals under its own laws as it sees fit.
'From devout service arises freedom'

Member of LITA

Ionida's views are not necessarily representative of RL views.
1NSD = 1.16IDD

Neymarland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neymarland » Sat Jan 30, 2021 1:00 pm

Ionida wrote:
Picairn wrote:I concur. Brutal dictators and genocidal megalomaniacs should be executed.

Agreed. The Commonwealth cannot and will not support the removal of its right to try and punish war criminals under its own laws as it sees fit.

"Then how does your country sees it fit, Ambassador?"
What's that, someone is within 5 feet from me? Dives REF, REF! RED CARD, RED CARD
"The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it." - Terry Pratchett
"If you didn't shed the blood, take the bruises, and broke your bones, did you even do it?" - Neymar Da Sliva Santo s Junior
LFC Fan

Uponda
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 14, 2020

Postby Uponda » Sat Jan 30, 2021 8:29 pm

I have found a loophole that would still let me use capital punishment and this will not stop me from enacting the loophole. You cannot completely take away the death penalty, there are some people that really deserve it. The loophole, I will not share, for it might get patched.
So this is a signature huh? Always wondered how people got this, turns out I am an idiot. I’m Uponda, and Sincerly I’m in Tears.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

I agree

Postby Texkentuck » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:17 am

Tlazohchitl wrote:This may be the breaking point. First prisoner rights, then a ban on the death penalty, and now this! Do you spit in the face of the gods, look them in the eyes, and curse their will? Tenoch demands blood, and blood He shall receive. If the heretics of this Assembly dare think they may defy Him, Tlazohchitl will continue alone.

My nations is against the death penalty but the passage of the law in how to treat prisoners was a bad proposal. The bill wants for prisoners to get compensated on their punishment. Texkentuck doesn't follow that proposal. We have a system in place that works. If the inspectors want us to pay them we do but then we passed a law that makes it in which their is a tax for prison facilities so they give the check back. We get them a job. That's how we bypass such a stupid law. Sharing it for the WA to do. :rofl: Our system is a system of merit and we find every free person a job and we have state security check on how they are doing. We have many charities to help those who don't want a job in Texkentuck. Most do find a job and work with the job councilors. We aren't voting yes on Sapient life because it's too much overreach into the sovereignty of our nation and it's unfair because an anti-death penalty law was passed and how can these nations have law and order if they have over populated prisons and can't send prisoners elsewhere. Also if a nation is at war they can't send a war criminal back to the people that may not like them to be on trial if they have the death penalty. This is too much overreach. This could really not help nations in foreign relations with their allies.
Last edited by Texkentuck on Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:45 am, edited 3 times in total.

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

We will vote not against Sapient life if

Postby Texkentuck » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:29 am

If the following is removed which is

Prohibits members from deporting any person to a nation where said person faces a reasonable possibility of being sentenced to death for the crimes they have been charged with committing.

We will vote Against !!!! This is too much overreach because some nations don't have the capacity for people and that's why they have the death penalty. But because of the last proposal those nations are overcrowded and don't have the capacity for holding the most dangerous so they get released back on society. If this law passes this will be highly unfair to places that don't have prison capacity or prisons at all.

We are a nation against the death penalty because of the problems with the death penalty Collateral Damage- Few people consider the impact of capital punishment on a wide range of people who are part of the system: – Prosecutors – Defense attorneys – Judges and jurors – Family members of death row inmates – Wardens and corrections officers. Our government takes this into consideration. Also we risk the risk of executing an innocent man... Which happends in most places the death penalty is allowed. As a member of this WA I'm making the decision to vote yes on this bill for the sake of nations with no capacity to hold prisoners. Also this will make it in which if our nation went to war with a dictator and we win. Their people happen to be for the death penalty but want to hold the war criminal on trial we wouldn't be able to send them back. This could create issues with allies. That's why this line must be removed. Also we already have an anti-death penalty bill. We have a fair treatment for prisoners proposal passed already. Those who voted yes for this proposal please reconsider. We need Protecting Sapient Life to get rid of "exporting any person to a nation where said person faces a reasonable possibility of being sentenced." Highly not just..................................................................... >:(

Pres. Bram W. Schirkophf of the Texkentuck Federation
Last edited by Texkentuck on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:02 am, edited 6 times in total.

Nalver And
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 08, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Nalver And » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:06 am

"well honestly, protecting sapient life is ideal but we already have enough civil rights, first capital punishment gets banned, and now this? well we won't complain but we already banned capital punishment and now this is to "Seeking to abolish capital punishment in all circumstances across the WA, for reasons that have been stated in at least three different resolutions" well i would agree on this but we already improved human rights, and this is for sapient life correct? so that means is that this applies to sapient things and we are sapient and it has currently no strong evidence to entirely ban capital punishment, besides that i would agree nonetheless"

-The Commune and Council
The Unified Constellation of Nalver And
"Pulchra lux caelorum"
Governmental Union | WIP :3 | Some Ns-stats may apply
A Class 0.143 Civilization according to this index.
Informational Council: Council of The Constellation implementing transparency act to battle corruption, succeeding but reducing political freedom for the first time in the nation's history | Black market finally managed and controlled, as people praise for the end of black market superiority | Economy has hit 1000 trillion Denier per year, marking a great economical prosperity

Ionida
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 27, 2021

Postby Ionida » Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:15 am

Neymarland wrote:
Ionida wrote:Agreed. The Commonwealth cannot and will not support the removal of its right to try and punish war criminals under its own laws as it sees fit.

"Then how does your country sees it fit, Ambassador?"

Esteemed ambassador, our country has a fair justice system and a lengthy clemency process. Our courts decide fairly and we will not therefore support the removal of justice.
'From devout service arises freedom'

Member of LITA

Ionida's views are not necessarily representative of RL views.
1NSD = 1.16IDD

WayNeacTia
Senator

Founded: Aug 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby WayNeacTia » Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:09 am

Geez.... WALL is backing this proposal and yet it still gets defeated. That really should say something about the quality of authorship these days.
Sarcasm dispensed moderately.
RiderSyl wrote:You'd really think that defenders would communicate with each other about this. I know they're not a hivemind, but at least some level of PR skill would keep Quebecshire and Quebecshire from publically contradicting eac

wait

Neymarland
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Neymarland » Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:04 am

Ionida wrote:
Neymarland wrote:"Then how does your country sees it fit, Ambassador?"

Esteemed ambassador, our country has a fair justice system and a lengthy clemency process. Our courts decide fairly and we will not therefore support the removal of justice.

Ambassador, I am thankful for you getting your message through in a more "peaceful" manner.
LFC Fan

Texkentuck
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Texkentuck » Sun Jan 31, 2021 2:46 pm

Nalver And wrote:"well honestly, protecting sapient life is ideal but we already have enough civil rights, first capital punishment gets banned, and now this? well we won't complain but we already banned capital punishment and now this is to "Seeking to abolish capital punishment in all circumstances across the WA, for reasons that have been stated in at least three different resolutions" well i would agree on this but we already improved human rights, and this is for sapient life correct? so that means is that this applies to sapient things and we are sapient and it has currently no strong evidence to entirely ban capital punishment, besides that i would agree nonetheless"

-The Commune and Council

I Agree with your statement. It's time for new proposals that are reasonable such as- we need a new proposal that is economic. My nation has a huge wealth gap between rich and poor. I think that the WA should take $5,000 in currency from each citizen that makes over $100,000 in currency, and the WA distributes that tax. For being in the WA nations should pay a tax. The tax should be taken from citizens in our nations who make over $100,00. This should be able to close the gap by a little bit. I will not voter for a proposal that takes more than $10,000 from nations citizens who make over $100,000. More than that would be too much in my opinion. Nations in this WA should pay a tax to close the wealth gap. My nation is super prosperous and this would benefit my nation economically because this will make the working class more rich in my nation. Now this is a proposal. My nation very much has capitalism but by being on this WA they should push a tax to help the working class in our nations. In the end this will make it in which companies won't have as much of a complaint when workers want to get paid more. That is an unnoted benefit for the rich. Also with in such a proposal be sure to state nations will not be be able to hike up goods and services over the stimulus. Must be added into the proposal. Their are other loopholes but regardless loopholes or no loopholes this will benefit our nations.
Last edited by Texkentuck on Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 6 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to WA Archives