NATION

PASSWORD

Low pizza but high obesity - how do I swap that?

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Arcadisia
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 21, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Low pizza but high obesity - how do I swap that?

Postby Arcadisia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:58 pm

I have heard that having a good pizza industry will likely lead to high obesity, while having a low pizza industry will lead to a low obesity. Unfortunately, I have neither. I really want the banner "A Slice of Life," but I can't seem to raise my pizza deliver stat, while my obesity stat remains rather high. Similarly, my health stat is very low. Would anyone know if it is possible to get a lower obesity/higher health or higher pizza industry? If possible, preferably both? I have checked the issues list and the various choices the stats bring me, but I can't seem to raise the pizza deliver stat to get the banner no matter how advantageous the list says they are.

Lelscrep
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lelscrep » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:25 pm

Any time you can increase support for the food and hospitality industry in an issue, pick that to raise your pizza industry. For the most part to lower obesity rates just pick issue options in support of a less sedentary lifestyle. These two can be hard to separate, so it will probably take a while - just keep an eye out for any issues you get involving food/exercise.
Seventh(?) time not dead nation.

Pencil Sharpeners 2
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 21, 2015
Father Knows Best State

Postby Pencil Sharpeners 2 » Mon Jan 11, 2021 4:41 pm

Quick crash course on these stats: (Disclaimer, I am not an admin. I do not have any more access to behind-the-scenes stats and code than any other player. These thoughts are educated guesses based on my experiences and could be wrong)

I don't believe obesity necessarily correlates with pizza. Options which increase pizza tend to be coded to also increase obesity, but I don't think there is any code behind the scenes which links the two. Obesity also tends to increase with soda sales industry for the same reason.
Obesity isn't really obesity, but rather an inverse of health (I'm not sure if it's a direct inverse, or just closely linked), so you can increase obesity in sometimes illogical ways, such as legalising (or enforcing) drug usage.

Regarding pizza, this is an industry so essentially "competes" against other industries for economic output. The quickest way to increase an industry is actually to decrease others. You have high Information Technology and Book Publishing industries, for example. If you ban computers and books, you'll lose average income, but other industries and government departments will rise to partially fill in the gaps left by your now-dead industries.
Your biggest problem, however, is that pizza delivery is negative, which means you presumably banned it or made it impossible to function in your nation. At some point, you'll get issues to boost it, so keep plugging away and you'll get there.
I used to do stuff in TSP
Highest ranked solo player in N-Day 2, finishing 10th
Currently the holder of 7 World #1 badges

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Mon Jan 11, 2021 5:10 pm

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:The quickest way to increase an industry is actually to decrease others.
Not really. This will give you increases, but generally very tiny ones compared to something that increases the industry more directly. It's probably not worth it unless you're extremely obsessed with min/maxing.

Arcadisia
Political Columnist

Postby Arcadisia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 am

Lelscrep wrote:Any time you can increase support for the food and hospitality industry in an issue, pick that to raise your pizza industry. For the most part to lower obesity rates just pick issue options in support of a less sedentary lifestyle. These two can be hard to separate, so it will probably take a while - just keep an eye out for any issues you get involving food/exercise.

Ah, thanks! I'll start doing that from now on then.

Arcadisia
Political Columnist

Postby Arcadisia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:51 am

Pencil Sharpeners 2 wrote:Quick crash course on these stats: (Disclaimer, I am not an admin. I do not have any more access to behind-the-scenes stats and code than any other player. These thoughts are educated guesses based on my experiences and could be wrong)

I don't believe obesity necessarily correlates with pizza. Options which increase pizza tend to be coded to also increase obesity, but I don't think there is any code behind the scenes which links the two. Obesity also tends to increase with soda sales industry for the same reason.
Obesity isn't really obesity, but rather an inverse of health (I'm not sure if it's a direct inverse, or just closely linked), so you can increase obesity in sometimes illogical ways, such as legalising (or enforcing) drug usage.

Regarding pizza, this is an industry so essentially "competes" against other industries for economic output. The quickest way to increase an industry is actually to decrease others. You have high Information Technology and Book Publishing industries, for example. If you ban computers and books, you'll lose average income, but other industries and government departments will rise to partially fill in the gaps left by your now-dead industries.
Your biggest problem, however, is that pizza delivery is negative, which means you presumably banned it or made it impossible to function in your nation. At some point, you'll get issues to boost it, so keep plugging away and you'll get there.

Ah, I see. I'll try decreasing trout fishing and see what happens then.
As for pizza being in the negatives, that has puzzled me. I don't know why, but it seems to be in the negatives despite the fact that I have not done much against it.
As for obesity, it was a slow climb upwards. I'll do options that make people more active then, so I can maybe get better health. Thanks!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:40 pm

CWA told me to promote buisiness and corporations to promote pizza industry. I'm still waiting
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?