NATION

PASSWORD

The 56th WHF - Sterblichengokai, Tödlichebujoku - IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:39 am

24. Joija
"Stars" - House of the Devil ft. Lania Walsh

Tune: Massive Attack - "Unfinished Sympathy"

Language(s): English
Lyrics: The Eliminator (Nate Nakamura), 5G (Marcelo Lopez), Lania Walsh
Music: The Eliminator, 5G and Travis Hunt

Artist Background

House of the Devil

House of the Devil was founded in 1998 in the city of Roos Bay, Victoria by childhood friends Nate "The Eliminator" Nakamura (b. 1983), Marcelo "5G" Lopez (b. 1981) and Martinus "Machine" Kessler (b. 1981). The band is well-known for featuring female singers in their songs. Their first hit, "Ammunition Round", released in 2001, featured Australian singer Mia and helped propel the band into the mainstream. Other hit songs include "Hologram", "Unneeded", "Sutures", "My Love" and "Don't Tell Me". They have 8 albums as of 2021, including "House of the Devil", "Ammunition Round", "Telephonic", "Wooded Spirit" and "Silentia". In 2003, Machine left the band, citing creative differences and a desire to raise a family with his wife. Female singers that have worked alongside House of the Devil include Mia, Luisa Raé (Cinema Novo), Cat Feiner, Lilith Falk-Minerva (Funeral Express), Arielle de Jesús and Saf Mapoyo.

Lania Walsh

Lania Walsh-Ali is a British singer, songwriter and activist. She was born October 15, 1997 to a Welsh-Dutch father and a Guyanese mother in Newport, Wales, and was raised in both Cardiff and Utrecht. She has worked with multiple bands before, including British indie pop band Miss Mania. She reached #1 on the charts in Ireland, The Netherlands and Joija with the song "Let Me Go", catching the attention of House of the Devil member 5G.

Stars

Stars was the composition brainchild of 5G. After experimenting with idiophonic instruments, he came up with a backing percussion (that has an almost 'twinkly' sound to it when heard in the song). The Eliminator overheard this, and started making another backing percussion track, this time with a drum machine. He also contributed to keyboards, and 5G did the scratching heard in the original track, but the live version does not use this. When 5G heard that Walsh was going to be touring in Joija, he went to a concert in Olpa Leeuw, and asked if Walsh would like to contribute to the track. She agreed immediately. The song was recorded in Blue Moon Studios, Olpa Leeuw (with the exception of the string section). The string section was composed by Travis Hunt, a famed Joijan classical crossover composer and close friend of The Eliminator, who has worked for the likes of the Othonese and Kalistrian Philharmonic Orchestras. The string section was done at Joija Radio Broadcasting Studios in St. Tristian by the 87-piece St. Tristian Symphony Orchestra.

Stars is a song about unrequited love.

Walsh will be the only one clearly visible on stage, with the spotlight being aimed at her even when she moves. This is the outfit as seen backstage, a tribute to her West African roots, designed by Rachelle Abara.

Walsh walks on stage under a dark blue spotlight. Eliminator, who is behind, starts tapping the hi hat. Conductor Travis Hunt gives the indication to start. 5G starts playing the keyboard once the instrumental starts.

[Instrumental]

Walsh starts to approach the microphone. The light becomes less dim, giving a clearer view of Walsh as she starts to sing.

(Ooh ooh ooh ooh... ooh ooh ooh ooh)
(Ooh ooh ooh ooh... ooh)

[Verse]:
I know I've let my heart lead me before
Imagining life with you
Kinda hurts me, maybe
Really hurts me, maybe
How I can't have a day without my night
Why can't your heart just open?
And now I've been left so torn

Walsh grabs the microphone and steps away from the mic stand, walking around to the front centre part of the stage. She interacts with the audience and the main spotlight follows her and changes to a light red colour as she moves.

Walsh, still standing front centre, stands up from crouching. A close-up of her face is shown on the screen on stage, which gradually pans out to a half-body shot as she moves around the front of the stage. She smiles at an audience member.

[Verse 2]:
Your affection's what I'm gonna miss
Please stop my mind and body aching
Kinda hurts me, maybe
Really hurts me, maybe
How I can't have a day without my night
Why can't your heart just open?
And now I've been left so torn

Walsh walks back to the main section of the stage, waving at audience members as she goes by. The spotlights go to a dark red as she stands at the main stage, putting the microphone back onto the stand. She starts to sing again.

[Chorus]:
Like a bird without its song
A canvas without art
A moon without its stars
Ai-ai-ai ai-i-i

As Walsh gently dances along to the music, smiling to the audience through the rear screen, 5G starts to play a small part on the keyboard.

[Instrumental]

She approaches the microphone again, the spotlights becoming a medium hue of green. She starts to sing, tearing up slightly towards the last chorus.

[Chorus]:
Ay-ay-ay, ai-i-i
A canvas without art
A moon without its stars

A canvas without art
A moon without its stars

A canvas without art
A moon without its stars

Walsh steps back from the microphone, wiping tears from her face. The spotlight then emphasises the orchestra as the music intensifies.

[Instrumental]

End.
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:45 am

25. Rusmailica
"Panacea" - Platans

Tune: Kwiat Jabłoni - "Wodymidaj"

Language(s): English, Polish
Lyrics: Kaja Platan, Tyme Platan
Music: Kaja Platan, Tyme Platan

The Rusmailican siblings from Robrana - Kaja (26 y.o.) and Tyme (27 y.o.) found the band called Platans. Their father is a famous Rusmailican composer and lyricist so they had to deal with music since a very young age. "Panacea" is a song about our planet, an appeal to the people of the world to take part in saving their home before it is too late.

Both Rusmailican and Lotnuscoran entries are conducted by Urban Randanas, 42 y.o. conductor from the Brachlesh Opera Theatre in Brachlesh, Saintrabina.

The performance starts with inostensible sound of a single mandolin held by Tyme. He enters the stage from its left side while Kaja is walking out out of its right side. They meet each other in the centre of the upper stage. The LED screen behind them is covered with lush vegetation of jungle forests growing in front of our eyes out of nowhere. Tyme starts to sing his part looking at his sister's face. Kaja joins him in singing the last verses of each three-verse.

We are caught in our times
We are caught in our places
We of different faces

Would you ignore all these facts
Would you quarrel with gods
To release your senses?

I cannot tell that you're right
I cannot tell I know better
But does it matter?

When there are fires around
There are floods, there are earthquakes
We can change the weather

The weak white light turns into a green and brighter one. Kaja and Tyme go downstairs looking at each other and take two different paths when they are at the lower platform. We can see colourful birds appearing in the lush of the forest on the screen. The siblings take a walk along the circular run and sing the refrain together still looking at each other.

You better take your bundle, take the trail
There are so many hurdles to unveil
Don't need to choose to be a superman
The earth now begs for help in human hands

They rejoin each other at the front of the lower stage and it is time for Kaja to sing her part alone. Tyme accompanies her in the last verses of every three-verse as it happens with the previous versus. They hold each other's hands during the following part and looking at the audience from time to time. The LED screen bihind them now shows the dynamic photoshoots from different corners of the world where environment deals with drought, floods, fires and people suffer from thirst and hunger.

We shouldn't drown them in tears
We shouldn't bury feet under
Think of thirst and hunger

The world is home, keep it safe
But many people are deaf
So let's be a thunder

Together we are the cure
Together we can work better
And it really matters

When there are fires around
There are floods, there are earthquakes
We can change the weather

The big rotating globe of the Earth is appearing on the main LED screen. The siblings separate and take their own walks back toward the stage stairs interracting with the audience that is gathered around the lower platform. The lights are green, blue and yellow. They sing together.

They rejoin in front of the stairs and hold each other hands. They stand sideways to the audience looking into each other's eyes. The next verses are sung like mantra while the whole arena except for the orchestra is fading in the dimness. The main screen shows outlines of different countries of the world that slowly appear and disappear during the bridge part.

Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea

Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea

Kaja and Tyme run in the main platform up the stairs. They are looking at the audience and claping their hands encouraging people to do so.

Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea

Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panacea
Panacea, panaceaaaa...

Then the whole arena burst with bright flash of light and the LED screens shows again the jungle forests but this time with a big amount of flowers, colors, birds and insects. The siblings sings the last refrains laughing and dancing, heading slowly for the front of the lower stage.

Więc lepiej weź tobołek, naprzód idź
Jest w ludziach tyle zła, naprzeciw wyjdź
Nie musisz być jak jakiś supermen
Gdy ziemia błaga, ty jej podaj tlen

Więc lepiej weź tobołek, naprzód idź
Jest w ludziach tyle zła, naprzeciw wyjdź
Nie musisz być jak jakiś supermen
Gdy ziemia błaga, ty jej podaj tlen

So better take a bundle, go ahead
There is so much evil in people, come out against it
You don't have to be like a superman
When the earth begs, give it oxygen

So better take a bundle, go ahead
There is so much evil in people, come out against it
You don't have to be like a superman
When the earth begs, give it oxygen

Kaja and Tyme stands at the two different sides of the lower platform when the music is coming to the end. They stop dancing and interracting with the audience and turn towards each other. They smile charmingly looking into each other's eyes and simultaneously beat their chest three times. The LED screen behind now shows the globe of the Earth that pulsates as a beating heart.

When the music stops, they bow towards the people sending them kisses and waving their hands. The Rusmailican performance end with a joyful and loud "Thank you, people, together we can save the world!".
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:46 am

I N T E R V A L A C T

Noravas, Fîz S. Magro, Mervi Seppánen - "Glorious"

Tune: 2WEI ft. Edda Hayes - "Warriors (Imagine Dragons cover)"

Mervi Seppánen drifts above center stage in an ashen, silky dress, caught in a slanting beam of light, her eyes distantly focused as if in trance

As each moment nears its fate
Our memories drip away
While the siren call of cursed belief
Brings all you know astray

She weakly turns to the audience, her gaze saddened and forlorn

Each day
We pray and we believe
You know it true, that dream you knew
Is nowhere to be seen

Behind her, a brilliant light erupts as a choir becomes visible, all cloaked in pure white robes, as Mervi collapses on the floor and crawls her way toward them

Scream to heaven for a lighthouse
Beams of light for the glorious to show the way
Back home

Having just turned back to face the audience, she collapses again before being lifted into the air and bedazzled by an array of spotlights, as smoke and sparks fire up along the stage edges and do not fall back down. Ethereal lightning courses through the smoky air and sparking embers, cradling Mervi's body as her dress dissolves to ash and leaves her in a skintight white outfit

Back home

Mervi, and all the smoke and sparks, crashes back down to the stage floor, her fall cushioned by the ashes
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 31, 2021 4:00 am, edited 5 times in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:07 pm

Aašeli reappears on the stage, joined by Velta, and he begins to speak. "And that's it for the voting. Before we begin announcing the voting results, it's time to announce the Awards of the 56th World Hit Festival!"

Velta smiles. "Now I have our winner of 'Best Male Act' here, and it's..." she pauses, glancing at the card

NARINHO from the Achaean Republic!

"Congratulations!!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:11 pm

As the applause fades out, and the glossy, fragrant violin figurine with its palpable otherworldly aura is given to the Male Act winner, Aašeli speaks again. "Now, of course it is time for the 'Best Female Act', and she is..."

MATINÉE from Nightom!

"Great job, congratulations!!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:15 pm

In the spirit of this next award, Aašeli and Velta announce it together. "Now, the winner of the 'Best Group Act' goes to..."

They take a deep breath.

FRÉDÉRIC DUCHAMPS and ANNABELLE VALLENCE of Normandy and Picardy!

"Congratulations to you!!"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:19 pm

"Now, we turn to the wordcraft and poetry of each entry, and so the 'Best Lyrics' award goes to..." Velta pauses, opening the card.

ALEXANDRE AUGUSTIN from Britonisea!

"Congratulations, well done!"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:23 pm

Aašeli waves the closed card for the next award. "And now, we turn to the musical arrangement and composition for the 'Best Arrangement' award. Who will it go to?" He slowly flips the card open.

KUUTAMO LIBERUYASSA from Tödlichebujoku!

The crowd applauds wildly. "Congratulations, amazing!!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:27 pm

Velta grins warmly as the pair depart with their award. "Alright, we now turn from the music for our ears, to the sights for our eyes. It's the 'Best Performance' award, and it goes to.. oh my, come right back up to the stage!"

FRÉDÉRIC DUCHAMPS and ANNABELLE VALLENCE of Normandy and Picardy!

"Stunning, congratulations again!!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:31 pm

Now it's back to Aašeli. "Ah, it's time for the act that most wowed the press with their story and beginnings, who's ready for the 'Press Award'?!" The audience cheers and whistles.

"The winner of the 'Press Award' is..."

IVOR BIGGUN of Beepee!

"Congratulations!!"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:38 pm

Velta very dramatically presents the award, and then turns back to the audience. "And now for the last, but not the least... the 'Best Dressed' award! Which act made the biggest impact with their fashion sense? It's... a tie!!" She gasps. "Luckily, though we have an extra mini violin sitting around in the back- the winners are:"

ANITA SÁNCHEZ and FILIPA SARDU of Skanden and Kalosia!

"A big congratulations!!"

She let them have their moment before turning to the scoreboard.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:48 pm

The stage lighting dims dramatically as the scoreboard appears. "25 nations. One winner. Who will rise to the top?" Aašeli rumbles dramatically.

Velta picks up right after, "Everyone is equal for the moment... but now we have... our FIRST set of votes... !"

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:50 pm

Beepee's Votes:
1- Hafamarimët
2- North Alezia
3- Malta Comino Gozo
4- Duskain and Bodresia

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:52 pm

Rhim Flavezztowland's Votes:
1- Skanden
2- Axuva
3- Tödlichebujoku
4- Achaean Republic
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:55 pm

Fromulya's Votes:
1- Axuva
2- Tohotokai
3- Rhim Flavezztowland
4- Pemecutan
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 5:57 pm

Pemecutan's Votes:
1- Togonistan
2- Britonisea
3- Axuva
4- Tödlichebujoku

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:00 pm

Nightom's Votes:
1- Normandy & Picardy
2- Axuva
3- Britonisea
4- Pemecutan

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:02 pm

Rusmailica's Votes:
1- Lotnuscora
2- Kalosia
3- Skanden
4- Achaean Republic

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:09 pm

The camera view centers on Velta as she looks to the scoreboard. "Ah, now that we're a quarter of the way through this part, let's look at the results so far! Pemecutan and the Achaean Republic are tied for first, while most of the right side has no points. Of course, there are plenty more points to come, so don't despair! Onwards to the Axuvian points!"
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:14 pm

Axuva's Votes:
1- Tödlichebujoku
2- Joija
3- Skanden
4- Caryton
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:16 pm

Faraby's Votes:
1- Darkmania
2- Malta Comino Gozo
3- Rusmailica
4- Britonisea
Last edited by Todlichebujoku on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:19 pm

Hafamarimët's Votes:
1- Caryton
2- North Alezia
3- Northern Beepee
4- Rusmailica

Todlichebujoku
Senator