NATION

PASSWORD

A speech on the attacks on the Capitol and riots in D.C

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.
Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

A speech on the attacks on the Capitol and riots in D.C

Postby Saint Yosx » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:16 pm

(Don't know if a speech/message would go here, but I assume so) You all hopefully know what happened on the 6th of January. Far right protestors stormed, ransacked, and vandalized the Capitol building, all to proclaim their message that the election was "rigged." In response to this terrible domestic attack, I have written a message to not only my fellow Americans, but every human being. Be free to give feedback

Where is the love? That is the question that has been asked by every child, every parent, every sister and every brother. It is a question asked by everybody watching and listening to the Brutal attacks on the capitol. Well I know one thing for sure, Love was not with the terrorists who raided the capitol building. Love is not attacking a government building just to prove a point. Love is not the proud boys nor is it any extremist ideology that aims to harm people. No, no, no my brothers and sisters, Love is much different. Like 1 Corinthians 13:4-6 said“ Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.” What happened on the 6th of January was not a proclamation of love, but of fiery hate. Now everyone has their own beliefs and this is fine, we were all created differently with different opinions. But when you feel the need to break in into Government property and vandalize it, you should really take a step back and rethink how you are expressing yourself. Is what I’m doing out of love? And if you answer I don’t know then ask yourself this, “Is what I’m doing out of anger and out of emotion? Is what I’m doing truthful and not based on lies and rumors? Is what I’m doing GOLD (or Giving other lives Dignity?).” If you are doing something out of love, the answer should be yes. Sadly we live in a society where we don’t stop and think about our actions, and the impact we have good and bad. We act on what feels right at the time, rather than what is actually right. And that’s the problem, that’s what incites the violence in this nation and across the world.

So what’s next? What can we actually do? Most people will say “ Nothing really, I am just a boy, I’m just a teenager, I’m just a girl, I’m just a nobody, I’m too young, too old, too dumb.” But they are all wrong. You see, everybody can do something, that is why you are alive today, because you were born at the right time, at the right place, to the right people, and right circumstances. This is not by mistake, there is a intended meaning for you and for me. I know that every single one of you can fulfill your purpose, or pervert it for your self gain. Now you see those people tearing up our country? I do not want you to hate them or to despise them. I want you to love them. Send your prayers to these people, and do not give way to hate. Now there is a difference between loving people and loving what they believe. You can disagree and be against violent opinions, but remember we must not fight the person but their actions. Nobody is this evil person that is unsavable and therefore unlovable. Everybody has dreams and passions, everybody is human. People just want peace and love, dignity, and respect. So today I want you to do just that. Be the love and peace you want to see. Think before you speak, have a servant's heart, and put others before yourself. Now I ask again where is the love? I hope it is in your heart, mind and soul. I hope that it is in your actions and in your words. I hope that all you eat drink think is of love, pure love. God bless you all and I hope all of you stay safe in these turbulent times.
Last edited by Saint Yosx on Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:15 am

Great thread idea.
Everything is intertwinkled

Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Yosx » Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:46 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Great thread idea.

What do you mean by that? Like on the general thread?

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:01 pm

Saint Yosx wrote:
An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:Great thread idea.

I just thought people writing their own political speeches is a really fitting thing for the site.

Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Yosx » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:03 pm

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:
Saint Yosx wrote:

I just thought people writing their own political speeches is a really fitting thing for the site.

Yeah, there really should be more of that on NS.

Drew Durrnil
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Anarchy

Postby Drew Durrnil » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:03 pm

This shouldn't belong on Arts & Fiction, this should belong in NSG.
also known as pacific shores
author of sc #434
professional slab worshipper
lieutenant of the south pacific special forces
2023 ananke award co-winner
Rosartemis wrote:DOWN WITH UEPU THOSE DAMNED RAIDERS!

Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Yosx » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:13 pm

Drew Durrnil wrote:This shouldn't belong on Arts & Fiction, this should belong in NSG.

Oh ok, then I will post in on NSG

PestHit
Civilian

Founded: Jan 22, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby PestHit » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:25 am

Saint Yosx wrote:
Drew Durrnil wrote:This shouldn't belong on Arts & Fiction, this should belong in NSG.

Oh ok, then I will post in on NSG

but the topic is good
Last edited by PestHit on Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Auristania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Auristania » Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:06 pm

The topic belongs in General.
THIS FORUM is for Fiction.

If OP had said, "I wanna write a Sci-Fi story where a Senator makes this speech. How should I structure the story?" then it would belong here.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:57 am

I think to fit into NSG it would need to be a more generic political speech writing thread, but even then I would ask in moderation first to see what they think.

Saint Yosx
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Saint Yosx » Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:25 am

An Alan Smithee Nation wrote:I think to fit into NSG it would need to be a more generic political speech writing thread, but even then I would ask in moderation first to see what they think.

I tried to put in general but someone reported it saying that NSG is not a blog. Is there any websites that anyone knows of that allows me to share my speeches without getting it taken down?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction