NATION

PASSWORD

[Sub] Liberate The New Inquisition

A chamber dedicated to the dissemination of inter-regional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Starfyre
Attaché

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Starfyre » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:24 pm

Reploid Productions wrote:
Starfyre wrote:... "Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary". I thought you were an SC focused moderator?

Before we need to start looming about taking bad faith potshots at moderation as part of this thing...

"Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary" is intentionally left vague. If the SC community determines that "peace and goodwill via force" = "opening up raider regions to invasion", cool beans. If the SC community determines that "peace and goodwill via force" = "opening up this fascist/communist/furry/conspiracy/whatever region we dislike to invasion", cool beans. If the SC community determines that "peace and goodwill via force" = "raiders trying to open up new targets to invasion", that is also cool beans.

In other words, the SC has no clearly defined mission statement. "Spreading interregional peace and goodwill, via force if necessary" means whatever the SC community decides it means and can convince a majority of WA voters to support.

Sorry Reppy ;-;.
Hi there, I'm Kuriko. Yes, Kuriko is still my main nation but now I'm using this one for WA matters. If you need to contact me feel free to telegram this nation or Kuriko, or hit me up on Discord at Starfyre#6696.

WA Discord

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:58 pm

Let's say TNI gets libbed and is open for attack, I very much doubt that Onder/NES wouldn't be able to get in contact with the founder if they really wanted to. If I recall correctly the founder came back to purge the small native community the region had left when the delegate got uppity a few years back. Thus the practical benefits of doing this are pretty much nil, even if you value having the region open for attack. But it's nice to see you kids so excited.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:45 pm

Starfyre wrote:It's time for the raiding and imperialist sphere to get a taste of their own medicine, coming in the sweet taste of defender troops entering TNI after its liberated by the SC in order to exact retribution for all those regions you targeted...This proposal, if passed by the World Assembly, would belong to each of us. The world effectively would punish TNI and regions like it for its blatant and unapologetic violations of the WA's mission statement while using its infrastructure as a means of causing immeasurable pain to immeasurable number of nations and their citizens.

"Is it better to be feared or respected? ... I say, is it too much to ask for both?"

Greetings, Kuriko. I see you've been having raiding fantasies. Wouldn't you much rather be doing the ejecting than be subject to it? Did you come here to be another unheard-of nation among the masses, or did you come here to seek what you perceive as justice by invading and destroying regions?

If you want to become directly involved in influencing the metagame through invading and conquering regions, then consider joining -

The Black Hawks: "The Most Feared Military Organization in NationStates," and the only region with two World Assembly Condemnations!

Originally founded in 2005 and active ever since, The Black Hawks is home to some of the most experienced and talented raiders from across the globe. If you want to learn with the best, raid with the finest, and are willing to put in a bit of elbow grease in order to earn a reputation, then this is the region for you. Our name is known throughout the game, and we have conquered many of the largest regions in NationStates.

Don't worry though - we don't bite. The Black Hawks always welcome new recruits. Once you've enlisted, you will receive one-on-one training with an experienced military officer who will walk you through the steps to becoming one of the most feared players in all of NationStates.

Become directly involved in Gameplay and make a name for yourself immediately.

Check out our regional tags and the dispatches pinned below our World Factbook Entry for more information on both the region and the raiding metagame as a whole.

If you want to become a fellow raider, it's simple: Come Join Us.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yours in Raider Unity,

General Ever-Wandering Souls, Ret.

ImageImage
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Starfyre
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Starfyre » Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:49 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
Starfyre wrote:It's time for the raiding and imperialist sphere to get a taste of their own medicine, coming in the sweet taste of defender troops entering TNI after its liberated by the SC in order to exact retribution for all those regions you targeted...This proposal, if passed by the World Assembly, would belong to each of us. The world effectively would punish TNI and regions like it for its blatant and unapologetic violations of the WA's mission statement while using its infrastructure as a means of causing immeasurable pain to immeasurable number of nations and their citizens.

"Is it better to be feared or respected? ... I say, is it too much to ask for both?"

Greetings, Kuriko. I see you've been having raiding fantasies. Wouldn't you much rather be doing the ejecting than be subject to it? Did you come here to be another unheard-of nation among the masses, or did you come here to seek what you perceive as justice by invading and destroying regions?

If you want to become directly involved in influencing the metagame through invading and conquering regions, then consider joining -

The Black Hawks: "The Most Feared Military Organization in NationStates," and the only region with two World Assembly Condemnations!

Originally founded in 2005 and active ever since, The Black Hawks is home to some of the most experienced and talented raiders from across the globe. If you want to learn with the best, raid with the finest, and are willing to put in a bit of elbow grease in order to earn a reputation, then this is the region for you. Our name is known throughout the game, and we have conquered many of the largest regions in NationStates.

Don't worry though - we don't bite. The Black Hawks always welcome new recruits. Once you've enlisted, you will receive one-on-one training with an experienced military officer who will walk you through the steps to becoming one of the most feared players in all of NationStates.

Become directly involved in Gameplay and make a name for yourself immediately.

Check out our regional tags and the dispatches pinned below our World Factbook Entry for more information on both the region and the raiding metagame as a whole.

If you want to become a fellow raider, it's simple: Come Join Us.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Yours in Raider Unity,

General Ever-Wandering Souls, Ret.

ImageImage

Never happening. As to your memes, you and every other raider in NS have been painfully aware of TITO's policy to hit raider regions and that that policy has been around since our organization was created almost 18 years ago.
Hi there, I'm Kuriko. Yes, Kuriko is still my main nation but now I'm using this one for WA matters. If you need to contact me feel free to telegram this nation or Kuriko, or hit me up on Discord at Starfyre#6696.

WA Discord

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:04 pm

Starfyre wrote:hit raider regions

There's a word for this, you know. It's called raiding. It's okay, you can say it! It's not a dirty word :)
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:06 pm

Altmoras wrote:Let's say TNI gets libbed and is open for attack, I very much doubt that Onder/NES wouldn't be able to get in contact with the founder if they really wanted to. If I recall correctly the founder came back to purge the small native community the region had left when the delegate got uppity a few years back. Thus the practical benefits of doing this are pretty much nil, even if you value having the region open for attack. But it's nice to see you kids so excited.

Means the region will always be at risk the next time the region founder CTEs. Personally I'm for this, not because I particularly care about the specifics/sides of this, but because I like more offensive liberations being used.

Edit: Switched region to Founder
Last edited by Flanderlion on Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

Starfyre
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Starfyre » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:07 pm

Altmoras wrote:Let's say TNI gets libbed and is open for attack, I very much doubt that Onder/NES wouldn't be able to get in contact with the founder if they really wanted to. If I recall correctly the founder came back to purge the small native community the region had left when the delegate got uppity a few years back. Thus the practical benefits of doing this are pretty much nil, even if you value having the region open for attack. But it's nice to see you kids so excited.

I mean, the founder has been gone for over two years now Alt. In that time if she was to come back you would think she would have by now to keep the region safe.

WA Discord

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 pm

Starfyre wrote:I mean, the founder has been gone for over two years now Alt. In that time if she was to come back you would think she would have by now to keep the region safe.

It's....locked. It is safe. Other than you threatening it, Defender. The only thing it needs to be kept safe from is this liberation. Without it, there's no need to take further action to "keep the region safe." Which is what Altmoras said, though I'm loath to agree with him, ha. If there's the need for action, it can be done, just why bother until then? Hell, they may even let you waste a few weeks there first ;P

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 pm

Okay so I really didn't intend to make an opinion here but I'm just gonna note that I am also probably against this proposal. Not cause I'm anti or pro defender, I left r/d and have no intention of ever rejoining it, but rather because I'm not sure a barren old region is really worth a whole proposal to liberate. Hell they're already condemned. For me I would ask, is this worth it? Is it worth the stress and the argument and the salt and all this just for the chance to liberate a region that doesn't seem to have been particularly relevant in years? It wouldn't even be a permanent thing. The region would be liberated so even if it was taken by defenders, it would undoubtedly be taken back by raiders. Heck some people here seem to believe that the founder might even come back. So why go through all this process just to create a warzone that will probably never result in a victory for either side?

In addition, would this proposal not just serve as a way for an old raider region to get attention again? Like I mean, again not an r/d person at all, but like it seems to me that this would sort of go against the anti-raider rhetoric of the proposal because the only thing it will do will be bringing an old dead raider region back into the limelight for a couple weeks. I mean we've already generated six pages of argument before the proposal was even submitted.

So tldr, this proposal doesn't seem worth all the time, effort, and argument put into it, and therefore I will most likely also be voting against ^-^
You're Beautiful!! Have a great day
Writer, editor, and generally curious cat
Let me know if you ever need help with writing or editing and I’m always willing to lend a helpful hand!
Feel free to telegram or dm me on discord!
Have a heckin day ^-^

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:18 pm

Pluvie wrote:It wouldn't even be a permanent thing. The region would be liberated so even if it was taken by defenders, it would undoubtedly be taken back by raiders.

Oh, these "defenders" would want to kill the lib after, unless they're brave enough to attempt a refound on an open region. Which has risks :P

Hm, they're really acting more like Imperials. Maybe the newly-revived FRA will declare war on TNI again, as occupied by imperial defenders? xD
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Wed Jan 20, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Tim-Opolis
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Tim-Opolis » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:13 am

I’m not sure what’s funnier, watching Kuriko try their hardest to phrase everything like the a model XKI scout

...or trying to figure out which one of Souls or Jakker wants to pretend to be more offended over *gasp* people looking to SC crack open an old raider region and torch

You guys are doing the thing where you’re trying too hard to sound honest, that it actually makes even more clear what reeking dishonesty and bad faith your arguments are grounded in. We all know you guys don’t give two shits about militarizing the SC for raids, and I’d like to believe that the peanut gallery recognizes that neither of you are so clueless as to have missed TITO’s extensive history of raiding invader-aligned regions.

Should this pass, TGW looks forward to raiding The New Inquisition until Onder begs the founder to come back and save his ego. I also look forward to whatever weak takes TBH wants to make to act all false-offended about this stance from the Wardens.
Last edited by Tim-Opolis on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Want to be a hero? Join The Grey Wardens - Help Us Save Nationstates
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Commended by Security Council Resolution #420 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Author of SC#74, SC #203, SC #222, and SC #238 | Co-Author of SC#191
Founder of Spiritus | Three-Time Delegate of Osiris | Pharaoh of the Islamic Republics of Iran | Hero of Greece
<Koth - 06/30/2020> I mean as far as GPers go, Tim is one of the most iconic

Starfyre
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Starfyre » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:26 pm

It's fascinating to see that raiders can no longer argue from an ideological standpoint and have now become meme-y. There's even less of an imperialist stance here than I thought there would be.

WA Discord

Starfyre
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Starfyre » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 pm

15 minutes ago: The Novel Questioners of The New Inquisitors arrived from Lazarus.

Guess I have to drop this now, kudos to Onder.
Last edited by Starfyre on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WA Discord

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:48 pm

Oof, that actually hurts my heart a little. I had no skin in this game and was really looking forward to see where the vote would land.

I do applaud you Starfyre for being willing to shake things up, even If I'm not a fan of Fenderism.

Also I did enjoy the conversation about the genuine purpose and reasoning behind the proposal as well. So I am sorry that you had to drop it.
Last edited by Nova Vandalia on Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:01 pm

Starfyre wrote:15 minutes ago: The Novel Questioners of The New Inquisitors arrived from Lazarus.

That was very merciful of Onder considering how much you botched up in this thread.
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Starfyre
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Starfyre » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 pm

Jakker wrote:
Starfyre wrote:15 minutes ago: The Novel Questioners of The New Inquisitors arrived from Lazarus.

That was very merciful of Onder considering how much you botched up in this thread.

I was far from botching this thread and proposal, but thanks for your concern :p.
Last edited by Starfyre on Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WA Discord

Jakker
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 17, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Jakker » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Starfyre wrote:
Jakker wrote:

I was far from botching this thread and proposal, but thanks for your concern :p.

If you honestly believe that, then you are living in another reality. ;)
One Stop Rules Shop
Getting Help Request (GHR)

The Bruce wrote:Mostly I feel sorry for [raiders], because they put in all this effort and at the end of the day have nothing to show for it and have created nothing.

Bhang Bhang Duc
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2003
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bhang Bhang Duc » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:12 pm

Starfyre wrote:
Jakker wrote:

As a neutral I must disagree, this proposal was completely fubbed.
Former Delegate of The West Pacific. Guardian (under many Delegates) of The West Pacific. TWP's Former Minister for World Assembly Affairs and former Security Council Advisor.

The West Pacific's Official Welshman, Astronomer and Old Fart
Pierconium wrote:I see Funk as an opportunistic manipulator that utilises the means available to him to reach his goals. In other words, a nation after my own heart.

RiderSyl wrote:If an enchantress made it so one raid could bring about world peace, Unibot would ask raiders to just sign a petition instead.

Sedgistan wrote:The SC has just has a spate of really shitty ones recently from Northumbria, his Watermelon fanboy…..

LollerLand
Diplomat

Founded: May 15, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby LollerLand » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Bhang Bhang Duc wrote:
Starfyre wrote:I was far from botching this thread and proposal, but thanks for your concern :p.

As a neutral I must disagree, this proposal was completely fubbed.

This.
Loller Kingsmoreaux Corleone
WA Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Lord of Autumn of The Autumnal Court of Caer Sidi

Sodoran Alesia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 07, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Sodoran Alesia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:37 pm

Honestly kinda wish this went to vote just to see it get absolutely demolished lol

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 2:38 pm

Lmao, pulling the founder out of retirement because, as we all know, there's no chance this was ever gonna pass!

10/10
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:45 pm

Epic fail
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Kazaman
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 24, 2006
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Kazaman » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:30 pm

Fauxia wrote:Lmao, pulling the founder out of retirement because, as we all know, there's no chance this was ever gonna pass!

10/10

I was very much looking forward to quorum raiding this, but probably better to end it this way. ;)

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:01 pm

Kazaman wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Lmao, pulling the founder out of retirement because, as we all know, there's no chance this was ever gonna pass!

10/10

I was very much looking forward to quorum raiding this, but probably better to end it this way. ;)

yuck
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Altmoras
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 25, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Altmoras » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:17 pm

Somebody had better pick up that phone, because I called it.
Benevolent Thomas-Today at 11:15 AM
"I'm not sure if Altmoras has ever been wrong about anything."

Inhumanly good at the game according to official word of site staff.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Security Council