NATION

PASSWORD

[Tennis/NSTT] Outdoor hard court season 7 [RP/Results]

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Mon Jan 18, 2021 3:09 pm

It was finally time to get into the game with Odelia and IllusiveTramp getting their chance to win a qualifier and get into the main tournament which they missed during the last tournament in Ceni. When their time came they would take the court to face off against the Flexanewmega pair Massimo and Hoorain. “Suppose we try to do a little better this time?” Odelia asked during the opening serve and after being the one to hit the return “Suppose we should.” IllusiveTramp answered.

The two of them were able to start off with a two point lead which was a lot better than their first go around working together on the doubles side of things. It was a starting set that was up to the Flexanewmega players to play catch up with, which they did end up doing valiantly though they were never actually able to catch up either due to being in the wrong place where the ball landed or serving faults that messed up both sides here and there. The two point lead however would never go away for the Salmagundi team and the final score would end at six to four to go onto the next set with. The opening game of the second set would see their competition take the first point after a rather brief back and forth before the Salmagundi pair once again built their first set lead. Their competition would manage to snag one more point before the two of them took the rest of the games for themselves leaving the Flexanewmega players just two points to show for the second set thus losing the match. With that being that Odelia and IllusiveTramp were able to win their first match even if it was a qualifier placing them on even footing with their teammates Milo and ProudSmith’s score match wise.

“If we win our first match in the tournament proper we will be the ones to knock the Flexanewmega team out of the doubles side of the competition. Be a real shame if it ends up being that way and it would really suck to lose right at the start of another tournament like last time. Real predicament.” ProudSmith observed.

“Guess that is how the setup turns out sometimes.” Was all Milo could reply with. The idea of an either it is us or them mentality was not really a thing to be considered for them even if that was the nature of competition. “Least tomorrow it is just the singles side of the tournament.”

“You did it.” Milo said cheerfully once the team was back together and the qualifiers were over with. “Now we just have to be able to do the same tomorrow.”

With the qualifiers out of the way the team decided that they should get at least one additional day of practicing in before they were all competing to stay in the tournament tomorrow. This time around focusing on the one versus one switching out to have all of them play against each other while trying to have some fun with it. Tomorrow would be a more serious day after all so today was the last day to be as not serious as possible.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:53 pm

Tuesday, 19 January 2021 (Anggara Kliwon Wuku Dukut, Pawukon 1780)

The News from Muliawan

Pemecutan Puri, Pemecutan - After a recent shocking news about the hospitalized Ngurah Putra Muliawan, media and fans frenzied about the update of the story. After a clear examination, it is reveal that Muliawan was caught fever after his last match in Cenian Open and he has taken more dose for what he suppose to take which makes his condition worsen. Fortunately, the situation can be handled in time. And after a few days of recuperation, Muliawan was release from the hospital. He was fly back to Pemecutan and have been taking a break at his home.

The fans are relieve after the news comes out that Muliawan is getting better. He just need some more rest to boost his condition. Thankfully the next NSTT schedule is Tier 2 tournament where Muliawan is not a part of it. But he has to back to his condition for preparation of the last 2 tournaments in the Hard Court season.

"The break time after Mendez Bay is really help me to reshape my condition after this accident. Well, I learn a lot not to take random medicine. I just want to be fit but things get worse in my case," says Muliawan in a private interview.

Aside from NSTT, Muliawan might also have to prepare for I Games of the Melayu Olympiad. It is the first edition of multi sports event in the region and Pemecutan is one of the co-host. As tennis is one of the discipline that being in contention in the event, Muliawan is likely to be part of Pemecutan squad.

"After failing in Games of Olympiad, it is a good thing that I can compete in Melayu Olympiad. It is a good opportunity to gain more experience," added Muliawan.

Muliawan decided to take a long break to maintain his condition.
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Ceni
Senator

Founded: Jun 26, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Ceni » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:46 pm

Being number 68 in the world didn't look good on Botack Andiam. Being outside of the top 100 looked even worse on Johmer Vales.

It was a function of the way protected rankings worked, after all: Andiam and Vales would only get a certain number of tournaments using their old rankings before the NSTT determined that they had enough match experience under their belts to cut them loose.

Of course, neither Andiam nor Vales had done especially well upon their return: Andiam at least notched a quarterfinal place at his home tournament, but he had fallen early on at the other tournament he had played. Vales had done worse: he crashed out in the first round at Ubung and the fourth round at the Cenian Open.

Both players could at least claim the solace of being seeded at the Mendez Bay Open. But even that had some pain associated with it: By the luck of the draw, Andiam and Vales would have to play each other in the third round, fingers crossed they made it that far. If only Andiam had won the coin toss to be named first seed. That way, they would have been on opposite sides of the draw from each other.

They felt weird heading to Mendez Bay, oceans apart from Rushmore. Northwest Kalactin had been around for a while, but their players had pretty much been journeymen and women at the best. And of course, the Tier 2 rules had changed: Now, they were for newcomers and players who had less than 500 points to their names. In the olden times, anyone could play a Tier 2 tournament; many of the top players would play indoors at the Volatus Open, or on the clay at Albergaria, for a shot at another title without as much competition. Now, the top of the tour flocked to the Tier 1 tournaments and Grand Slams, meaning a player could easily spend his or her career in the top 10 without winning a single title.

Of course, the change also meant that it felt bad for Andiam and Vales to schlep off to Kalactin to chase points. And it wouldn't even be a huge number of points at that. There were two qualifying rounds to get into the main draw of 64 players. That would have been huge for a Tier 2 tournament in the olden days. Even Volatus had a maximum draw size of 48 players.

Neither could afford to be overconfident. The players would first face players they had never heard of, but that didn't mean anything. If Tier 2 tournaments were meant for newer blood, that newer blood could easily upset an older talent who had fallen to this side of the tennis grind.

Older talents like Andiam and Vales.

Of course, the Cenian national federation was sending newer talent of its own. Jana Arkinn and Myria Primarch were 18-year-olds fresh out of the training academies. The federation liked to tout them as the next Nolovor and Korden, or perhaps the next Korekal and Iegis. Of course, they weren't as cocky as Korekal is. In essence, Korekal left his partner Iegis in the dust to partner with a San Ortelian, since he thought Iegis wasn't doing as well.

Now, Jac Iegis is twiddling his thumbs back home in Ceni. Rumor has it that the federation was exploring an Iegis/Primarch partnership. But first, Primarch and her partner would have to get a few points.

And that was how two old fogies and two naive white girls with eyes wide-open found themselves on an Air Terranea plane headed for Northwest Kalactin. It would definitely be an interesting tournament.
THE REPUBLIC OF CENI (the user behind this nation uses he/him/his pronouns)
Air Terranea | The Wanderlust Guide to Ceni | Seven Restaurants in Seven Days: Cataloging Cenian Food
Champions: Di Bradini Cup 38, U-18 World Cup 17
Runners-up: Di Bradini Cup 39, Di Bradini Cup 41
NSTT #1s: Lonus Varalin, Ardil Navsal (singles), Gyrachor Rentos, Val Korekal, Elia Xal/Fia Xal (doubles)
UICA Champions' Cup titles (1): 1860 Azoth
World Cup 76, World Cup 79
Baptism of Fire 61
Cup of Harmony 63
Copa Rushmori 41
International Basketball Championships 20
Cenian Open (Grand Slam) 1-8
<Schottia> I always think of Ceni as what it would be like if Long Island was its own nation, ran by Bernie Sanders lol.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:20 pm

cutoff
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:35 pm

Singles R64
Livinia Moore (1) (ETM) 6 6
Massimo Recinella (SOR) 4 3

Sephora Calabrese (SQR) 6 7
Violet Wilson (WC) (SIL) 4 6

Lucy Muneer (15) (SHT) 6 2 3
Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) 2 6 6

Odelia Ayers (SSI) 1 6
Iris Bergadhga (ACS) 6 7

Toma Karga (5) (SQR) 3 6
Niels Alberink (SQR) 6 7

Milo Ealdræd (SSI) 6 6
Rafael Bautista (AQL) 1 4

Marcus Hathwar (11) (ETM) 3 3
Anthony Powers (KHD) 6 6

Teegan Sosa (GRU) 2 4
Davi Malakkar (ACS) 6 6

Bianka Arendt (3) (GGY) 6 6
Emilio Robles (Q) (BUC) 1 3

Ikram Fawz (SHT) 6 5 6
Justin White (NWK) 4 7 3

Daniel Cervantes (14) (AQL) 0 1
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 6 6

Massimo Forster (WC) (FLX) 6 6
Diana Jansen (SHT) 4 3

Niken Subdula (6) (NWK) 2 6 2
Valery Ushakov (WSN) 6 2 6

Tangeus Falk (PUG) 6 6
Joel Coleman (Q) (NOV) 4 4

Eva Sarvan (10) (ACS) 6 6
Hakim Kalah-Mustafa (Q) (TJU) 3 2

Laura Sparks (WC) (NOV) 3 3
Lara Navarro (AQL) 6 6

Botack Andiam (2) (CEN) 6 6
Amara Charles (BUC) 4 4

Ken Pollock (Q) (TJU) 6 6
Dusan Ventaromovich (BPE) 1 4

Johmer Vales (16) (CEN) 4 6 6
Arlo Daniles (Q) (BUC) 6 4 4

ProudSmith (SSI) 3 6 8
Margie Brown (GRU) 6 3 6

Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) 6 3 7
Jack Ho (ETM) 3 6 5

Grady Maccay (KHD) 2 6 9
Grayson Norris (GRU) 6 0 7

Fredrik Stagnelius (9) (PUG) 6 7
Martin Khalizniakov (BPE) 4 5

Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY) 7 6
Simon Oxford (WC) (QAD) 5 3

Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) 2 6 6
Pedro Sanchez de la Cruz (WC) (TJU) 6 2 2

Diệp Van der Hout (SQR) 4 5
Paula Suárez (AQL) 6 7

Armin Miksa (13) (GGY) 6 5 8
Augusta Björnstjärna (PUG) 4 7 6

Rivera Bassett (Q) (BUC) 2 6 6
Michael Juno (Q) (QAD) 6 4 8

Lucas Parvash (8) (ACS) 6 6
IllusiveTramp (SSI) 2 4

Vanessza Pataki (GGY) 3 3
Luciano Crepaldi (SOR) 6 6

Alex Rivera (12) (NWK) 6 6
Noem Kirr (UPD) 0 3

Ada Nunez (Q) (GRU) 3 6
Alya Elyas (SHT) 6 7

Schedule for R32
Quadrant 1
Livinia Moore (1) (ETM) v. Sephora Calabrese (SQR)
Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) v. Iris Bergadhga (ACS)
Niels Albernik (SQR) v. Milo Ealdræd (SSI)
Anthony Powers (KHD) v. Davi Malakkar

Quadrant 2
Bianka Arendt (3) (GGY) v. Ikram Fawz (Q) (SHT)
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) v. Massimo Forester (Q) (FLX)
Valery Ushakov (WSN) v. Tangeus Falk (PUG)
Eva Sarvan (10) (ACS) v. Lara Navarro (AQL)

Quadrant 3
Botack Andiam (2) (CEN) v. Ken Polluck (TJU)
Johmer Vales (16) (CEN) v. ProudSmith (SSI)
Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) v. Grady Maccay (KHD)
Fredrik Stagnelius (9) (PUG) v. Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY)

Quadrant 4
Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) v. Paula Suárez (AQL)
Armin Miksa (13) (GGY) v. Michael Juno (Q) (QAD)
Lucas Parvash (8) (ACS) v. Luciano Crepaldi (SOR)
Alex Rivera (12) (NWK) v. Alya Elyas (SHT)
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:47 am

The following takes place right before round 1.

The Shaman’s Calling

Werner Naess was sitting in his office, trying to thaw his cold feet with a small heating fan. The cold was always relentless this time of year, but today had seemed worse than usual. He should’ve worn his good boots, no doubt. Annoying, since he had a big workload. With Mendez Bay about to kick off he needed to get started. But arriving at the GTF-building he was seriously afraid of finding extremities frostbitten, and he couldn’t very well ignore that. He was starting to regain feeling his toes though, which was nice. Suddenly his phone rang. He could see it was his secretary.

“Yes, Mikkel?”

“Hello, sir. You’ve got a caller.”

“Who? You know I’m busy.”

“I know, sir. I told them, but they are quite persistent.”

“Right, but who?”

Secretary Mikkel went quiet for a few seconds, and Werner could tell he was anxious.

“Eh... it’s Zarathustra Hansen, sir.”

Werner’s head instantly starting aching. He closed his eyes and clenched his fist. He stood in silence for close to a minute. Then he opened his eyes and sighed heavily.

“Did he at least say what it’s regarding?”

Secretary Mikkel let out a muffled giggle. He did that at times, and it rarely signified amusement, but rather distress.

“Eh, well. Hmm… He wants to discuss certain, eh, preparations, that he feels would benefit Falk in his opening round. And, well, they are slightly. Ehm, unorthodox, I guess we could say. Apparently our liaison officer on the ground referred him to you."

Werner sighed once again.

“Fine. Put him through.”

Werner stood and looked out of his window, bracing himself for what would no doubt be something customarily otherworldly. The light for line 2 started blinking. Werner closed his eyes yet again and pressed the tiny button.

"Werner Naess."

"Werner, greetings my comrade. It is I, Zarathustra."

"Yes, hello Mr. Hansen. Always a pleasure. How may I help you today?"

"You are aware, I am sure, that the upcoming feat of strength is nigh upon us. I also have no doubt that you are committed, in the strictest sense one can commit, to the gain of prosperity for all contenders who hail from the Rock. I sense in you the urge to pursue the greatness of The One Ball, and in that we are allies, you and I."

"Yes, I want all our players to do well, of course."

"Then you will agree with my contention that it is paramount we align ourselves duly, and mould all conditions in a favourable constellation, in the extent possible for our feeble grasp?"

"What is it that you want exactly, Mr. Hansen?"

"Please, call me Zarathustra."

Werner started massaging his temple and resisted the urge to throw the phone out the window.

"Zarathustra, what do you want me to do for you?"

"I would like your permission to slaughter a deer in Tangeus' living quarters, so that he may imbibe the blood of the creature, mixed with a pinch of its bile, and by that take part in the essence of the Horned One, imbuing him with the strength and passion of our spiritual ancestors."

Werner stood in silence. When he didn't speak, Zarathustra Hansen instead continued.

"Your man was insisting we parley, you see. I told them we need not speak of this to anyone, but I sensed a great tremor in the man, for some reason I cannot fathom. He seemed to think this would contradict certain 'rules', as he called them."

Werner composed himself and tried to speak politely.

"Well, yes, I believe something like that would probably go against a number of rules, and laws too, I would imagine."

"What are these rules and laws you speak of? I challenge to you name one."

"Health, safety and sanitary standards for the slaughtering of animals, for one. And animal cruelty, I mean, you can't do that kind of thing in a hotel room, you must understand this?"

"By The One Ball! I am consecrated in the sacred art of ritual sacrifice! Do you take me for a charlatan with a blunt knife? The beast will not suffer; the swiftness of my blade, the accuracy of my thrust, these are all well known."

Werner inhaled deeply and sat down.

"Ok, sure. But even if we disregard your skills as a butcher, you need proper localities, licenses, etc. I'm sure you understand."

"Ah, the perpetual burden of societal conventions, the yoke of that bureaucratized civility they call 'the village'. I see what you're saying, Werner my friend. There's a small patch of woodland adjacent to the training grounds. We will perform the ritual there, away from the eye of public opinion. You are a clever man, Werner, much obliged. I will occupy no more of your time, and bid you a fond farewell!"

Werner almost fell out of his chair. He got on his feet and shouted

"No! Wait, wait, wait Mr. Hanse… Zarathustra!"

"Yes, Werner, I am here."

Werner exhaled with relief, and thought about how to phrase himself.

"It's not only about the "where", you know. Eh, I mean… Yes, ok. So, by drinking the blood Falk would enhance his performance, right? Being imbued with, eh, what did you call it?"

"The strength and passion of our spiritual ancestors."

"Yes, that's it. I mean, that would grant him an unfair advantage, wouldn't it? Performance enhancing substances are strictly forbidden, of course. And with good reason; it's not fair play. A man such as yourself surely treasures the principle of fair play, do you not?"

There was a moment of silence, apart from a low chanting in the background. Zarathustra Hansen finally resumed speaking.

"Fair play is important, yes. But you have regulations for the enhancing substances, is that not true? Vast, rigid ledgers of detailed 'rules'."

"Well, yes, there are list, of course."

"Is the blood of the deer, mixed with a pinch of bile, listed in any of those volumes?"

Werner snapped, and started screaming.

"No, of course it's not listed! But only because nobody would even think to do something like that! It's insanity! It's dangerous! It'll stain our reputation!"

"Sometimes it is solely by risking life that you can grasp the way of The One Ball, and obtain a pathway into its flow."

"No. You hear me, Zarathustra? No. No. I forbid you from it. I know you're frustrated and desperate because that precious protégée of yours isn't performing, but I draw the line at ritual sacrifice, ok? The GTF will not have your or Falk's back, ok?"

Silence, once again. The chanting in the background had morphed into a series of gongs. Suddenly they stopped, and Zarathustra Hansen started whispering.

"So there, finally, the truth comes. You reek of fear, Werner Naess, I can smell it with my nose. You fear Tangeus, you fear me and you fear The Path of The One Ball. Very well, so be it. You shall see."

Zarathustra Hansen hung up the phone, and left Werner standing staring into his wall.

Tangeus Falk  (PUG)             6   6
Joel Coleman (Q) (NOV) 4 4

Nova Anglicana
Minister

Founded: Jul 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nova Anglicana » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:21 am

Mendez Bay Open, Mendez Bay, Northwest Kalactin

Laura Sparks and Rhonda Robbins were sitting in the locker room after Sparks had lost 6-3, 6-3 to Aqual's Lara Navarro. Robbins, who had already lost 4-6, 6-1, 6-4 in the second round of qualifiers to the Grearish Union's Ada Nunez, spoke first.

"Tough match out dere, Sparksy."

"For sure," mumbled Sparks. "She had my number from the get-go. Shut me down right away and didn't let me get comfortable. I know I can win when I pull out the full repertoire of shots, but she just pressured me so bad, I felt like I had to stick to the basics."

" 's all right, Sparksy," said Robbins. "We still got the doubles match. I'll put 'em back on dere 'eels wit me power, you needle 'em to death. 's how we've always done it back 'ome. We'll get 'em dis time too."

Sparks smiled wistfully. "We always do, don't we? We make a pretty great team. I just wish I could have advanced a little farther. It was our first big tournament outside of Nova Anglicana, I got the wildcard straight to the tournament, and then I lose in straight sets, not even that competitive."

Robbins grinned broadly. "Chin up, Sparksy. At least you made it farther then I did. We'll win a coupla matches, take 'ome some a'dat prize money. Leastways, wit the new tax law passin', we'll get to keep some more of it 'steada gettin' taxed to death."

Sparks looked at her quizzically. "You're happy about the new tax law?"

Robbins gave her the same look back. "Why shouldn't I be? The two of us may not be superstars or takin' home a coupla hundred thousand pounds a year, now, but this tax cut's for you and me. Use ta be you had to pay three different rates on your first fifty thousand, and now you only gotta pay one, the lowest one of the three! 's gonna save me some money, and my folks, too."

"Yeah, Rhon, but the bigger cut's for the fat cats at the top. I mean, didn't you read about the changes? A person who makes 200,000 pounds a year gets a tax cut of 23,000, and somebody who makes minimum wage without kids actually pays more in taxes. How is that fair?"

"Sparksy, you gotta look at it from a different perspective. How is it fair dat somebody 'o works dere ass off to make a big salary has to fork over more'n' twenty-five cents outta every pound dey make to da government and more'n'at besides for social security and provincial taxes? You know, rich people pays most'a da taxes. 'ow is it a bad thing dat someone 'o can't be arsed to get a skill or improve dereselves 'as to pay a little more? My da's a carpenter, and 'e 'asn't gotten much of a wage rise in years, an' 'e's a skilled worker. People widout skills keep getting wage rises and dey pay less in taxes than 'e does. I'd say it's fairer, 'cause we stop relyin' on a small group to pay all da taxes, and folks like my da get to keep a little more of what dey work so 'ard for."

"Rhon, I know your father. I know he works hard, and I think he ought to be paid more, and I'm happy that he and your mom will get to keep more of their money. But that doesn't mean I think that we ought to be robbing the poor to pay the rich. People at the bottom pay more, people at the top pay less, and the government's going to have to make cutbacks. You know this is going to mean less money for the government, and judging from their tax bill, the budget's going to be balanced on the backs of the poor. Less money for welfare and healthcare, more money for the military and immigration scaremongering, and a big tax cut for those at the top. If that's the new government program, then count me out."

"I think the government's been too generous wit da pogey. My cousin just couch-surfs an' collects 'is welfare check. 'e'd rather spend 'is days fishin' and drinkin' beer wit 'is buddies than do an honest day's work. So dere ain't no problem wit a little less money for welfare. Maybe get 'is lazy ass into a job. 'sides, Sparksy, you know my brudder's in da Sea Guard. 'e says they're underfunded, and any extra money on da military is gonna have to have a little more pay for da troops. Dat's a good thing in my book. I don't grudge immigrants nothin', but I wishes dey'd stick in da NAAZE, ya know? Seems like dere's too many people at home widout bringin' more over."

"You know, Rhon, maybe we should just focus on tennis. It won't do us any good to be squabbling before our match. We need to work together or neither of us is going to have any prize money to get a tax cut on."

-Silence-
Former WBC President (WBC 34-37), Current WBC President (WBC 56-58)

Champions
WBC 48, IBC 35/36, IBS XIII, WJHC VII, URSA 7s I, Port Louis 7s I, CE 29-30 (as NAAZE)

Runners-up
WBC 39/44/50, WCoH 46, RUWC 31, Cup of Harmony 65, IBS III/VIII, AVBF 7s II

3rd Place
WBC 28/32/36, RUWC XXIX, Cup of Harmony 64, IBS V, WJHC V/VIII/XVI/XVII, Beltane Cup II, Londinium 7s II, R7WC VI (eliminated in semis, no 3PPO)

4th Place
WBC 29/38/49, IBS VII, RUWC XXI/XXVI, WJHC IV, Londinium 7s I, WCoH 28, RAHI II

Quarterfinals
WBC 27/30/31/37/41/43/47, IBS VI, IBC 15/31, WJHC VI/IX/XIV, RAHI I, AVBF Rugby Sevens I, RUWC XXIV/XXV

Hosted
WBC 31/35, Londinium 7s I/II, IBS IX

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:28 am

Good start to the main stage

First round matches of Mandez Bay Open was completed. Valery Ushakov and Vladimir Mikhailov began their fight in the tournament on them:

Niken Subdula (6) (NWK)                 2   6   2
Valery Ushakov (WSN) 6 2 6

For the second time Waisnorian player confronts player from Northwest Kalactin, for this time it was Niken Subdula. In the first set, Valery won without much difficulty with a score of 6-2, but in the second set, for an unclear reason, he began to lose ground to Niken. As a result, he lost the second set with the same score as he won the first - 6-2. In the third set, Ushakov returned to his rut and was able to impose a fight on his opponent. And what is interesting, the third set also ended with a score of 6-2, already in favor of Ushakov, who went further in the tournament bracket.

Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN)            6   3   7
Jack Ho (ETM) 3 6 5

Another Waisnorian to start participation in this tournament at this stage was Vladimir Mikhailov, who would start it with the match with Jack Ho from Electrum. The first set was won again by a Waisnorian participant with a score of 6-3, but in the second, Jack was able to avenge his defeat in the first round and won again with a score of 6-3. The match between Mikhailov and Ho was very similar to the match between Subdula and Ushakov, but the results of the third set were different. In this set, there was a tense struggle for each game, in which Vladimir prevailed, winning with a score of 7-5.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: Singles Produce Mostly Pain

Postby TJUN-ia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:53 am

For the remaining qualifiers, the main destination had finally arrived. The Mendez Bay Open had finally reached the main draw and the rising stars of tomorrow prepared to face the gauntlet towards potential glory. With 3 of TJUN-ia's next-generation playing today, who would rise in the first main draw match of their careers?

[10] Eva Sarvan (ACS) bt [Q] Hakim Kalah-Mustafa (TJU) (6-3, 6-2)
We begin with The Judge this time for his baptism of fire against 10th seeded Eva Sarvan of Acastanha. He did he best to show off his moves and his respect for his seeded opponent but he could do nothing today against one of the better players in this tournament. He did show great promise to make it this far, so ArU's finest could certainly be one to watch in the future.

[Q] Ken Pollock (TJU) bt Dusan Ventaromovich (BPE) (6-1, 6-4)
Out of all the players who could've won today, it had to be KP-EZ. No matter how cocky he may sound off the court, I have to admit he's pretty good on the court. He dominated the first set and while Dusan Ventraromovich of Beepee came back fighting in the 2nd, Pollock showed his stuff to take it 6-4 and secure the straight-sets win. He will be the only TJUN-ian singles player in the Ro32, taking on 2nd seed Botack Andiam of Ceni in what should be an interesting contest.

[4] Komang Agus Artawan (PCU) bt [WC] Pedro Sanchez de la Cruz (TJU) (2-6, 6-2, 6-2)
And finally, it was time for the debut of a player whos looks could steal the hearts of many men and women across TJUN-ia - the wildcard, El Diamante, Pedro Sanchez de la Cruz. He was taking on the 4th seeded Komang Agus Artawan of Pemecutan and actually took the first set in convincing fashion before Artawan woke up and pulled off the reverse sweep convincingly as well. While it wasn't the best debut, he certainly showed some promise behind that cute face.

Scheduled Matches

SINGLES - Round of 32
Quad3: [2] Botack Andiam (CEN) vs [Q] Ken Pollock (TJU) (20/01)

DOUBLES - Round of 32
[4] Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) vs [WC] Kendra Fulhampton/Micheal Fulhampton (20/01)
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:57 pm

It was a hope filled morning before it was time to take part in the first round of the tournament with smiling muzzles all around. There was a feeling that they would all be able to make it through the first round at least even if the competition was tough. Though once it came time for some of them to take to the courts that hope would be quickly dashed by Odelia’s opponent from Acastanha. The first set would see the Ferret struggle across the board in practically any area that a player could struggle in while Iris pretty much did not fail themself. This combination would see the Salmagundi player only manage to take one fluke point for herself while Iris quickly raked their way up to the six games needed to win with the embarrassing help of Odelia to boot. The second set would see Odelia regain her footing on the fast paced court while Iris just had to maintain the same thing that they did in the first set, which was mostly letting the Ferret be the one to mess up enough times for the both of them. Though this time around it was not so lopsided and it would seem after a couple back and forth games that Odelia would be able to get a third set to make things right with that first set failure. It ended up coming down to a tiebreaker after some indecisive games and Iris would take that much needed point to keep the Ferret down and now out of the tournament.

Meanwhile unknown to Odelia, Milo was having the exact opposite luck than her going against the Aqual player Rafael. He was the one coming out doing everything right somehow to the probable dismay of any Aqual fans watching this match. If that was the case it was lucky that there were no Salmagundi fans really paying attention to this little stunt being pulled by their domestic tennis scene with how poorly Odelia had done and the team overall in the Cenial Open. Milo was the one coming out with point after point and only messing up once to lose a single which really was the complete opposite of how his teammate had done in her first set. Though unlike Odelia and Iris the second set would not see so much back and forth with the games and it was luckily Milo that would stay in the lead over Rafael. The second set would see Rafael improve a lot more but not enough to come near the Ferret’s two point lead that would see the Salmagundi player win and take the match. The two of them were able to share a sad laugh over how their first sets were so opposite of each other and had the time to watch their teammates play their matches later on in the tournament day.

ProudSmith would end up having the longest match out of them all today going up against Margie. The Grearish Union player took to the court and showed off how well they were by taking the first and second games for themselves before the Dogtaur could come bounding back with the next two games being theirs. Though that is where ProudSmith would end up stalling out against his opponent while Margie was able to take more and more games with some playful back and forth of the ball that would see ProudSmith get one more point but Margie got four more to win the set. The second set, instead of showing off a clear winner was just a reverse of the first set though with a lot longer games with the two of them getting a feel for each other on the court. ProudSmith would be the one to overcome the hump and take most the games needed to win and push things into the third set he needed if he wanted to win and make his team proud. Neither one of them however were willing to throw in the towel and the third set ended up taking even longer with Margie keeping right on the Dogtaur’s score to keep him from winning. The score would see a six to six with one of them needing to get a two point lead to win. The next two games with that in mind would start to drag on even longer than the average made so far with neither of them making a mistake to cost a point. It would be ProudSmith who would prevail here keeping Margie from tying the score again to get a two point lead to win the match.

When he was able to join his two Ferret companions he was happy that he was able to win though it was a blow to hear that Odelia had lost. With IllusiveTramp having to go up against another Acastanha player her match was going to probably be just as tough as it was for Odelia, and if she lost that was half the team cut from the tournament, a ‘curse’ that plagued the old Ferret team when they were first starting out. After IllusiveTramp took to the court it seemed like that ‘curse’ was still hanging around the Salmagundi team. Lucas started out the match just like their fellow Acastanha player Iris completely taking the set for themselves game after game. It was this time without a doubt a great day to be a Acastanha tennis fan given that the team would later find out that that whole team easily outmatched all their opponents to have a perfect day that they were hoping for. IllusiveTramp however would have a better time managing to sneak a second point for the first set though that was it. The second set however would not be as competitive as Odelia had made it for Iris. Given the final scores of the day, Iris seemed to have it the hardest against the Ferret competition but even then still came away with a two set win. Lucas would keep up the lead needed to win in the second set, with IllusiveTramp trying to recover just like her Ferret counterpart had managed to do even though it still saw her lose and did not have as much luck with that. It would see IllusiveTramp lose making it for the two females on the team to lose on the singles side of things while the males won, half the team in, half out.

The two of them that had lost still had some comfort that they were in the doubles side of things, though now it looked more likely that they would be kicked out in the first real match there to repeat their first international tournament. When it came to see who ProudSmith and Milo would face tomorrow it seemed even more likely that even with a supposedly easier group of competition to go up against they would just not be able to cut it in the international tennis world. Milo would seemingly have a better chance going up against a Squidroidia player Niels though ProudSmith would most likely be out going up against a Cenian, while it was not Ardil, Johmer without a doubt was not a pushover themself.

ProudSmith had a small chuckle, “Well if we win against Flexanewmega we will do to them what Acastanha almost did to us.”

“That is an if, if we lose tomorrow do you think we even have a chance to try and continue?” Milo asked.

“Well it would be up to Dagmar to see if an alternative can be worked out, though if we lose we should probably accept that we should keep out of international tennis. It does not get any easier on paper from here.”
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:30 pm

Cutoff
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Singles R32
Livinia Moore (1) (ETM) 6 6
Sephora Calabrese (SQR) 3 3

Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) 6 6
Iris Bergadhga (ACS) 2 4

Niels Alberink (SQR) 6 7
Milo Ealdræd (SSI) 3 5

Anthony Powers (KHD) 6 1 9
Davi Malakkar (ACS) 1 6 7

Bianka Arendt (3) (GGY) 6 5 2
Ikram Fawz (SHT) 3 7 6

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 4 6 6
Massimo Forster (WC) (FLX) 6 4 4

Valery Ushakov (WSN) 6 7
Tangeus Falk (PUG) 3 5

Eva Sarvan (10) (ACS) 6 7
Lara Navarro (AQL) 3 6

Botack Andiam (2) (CEN) 6 6
Ken Pollock (Q) (TJU) 0 3

Johmer Vales (16) (CEN) 5 6
ProudSmith (SSI) 7 7

Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) 7 6

Grady Maccay (KHD) 6 3

Fredrik Stagnelius (9) (PUG) 7 6

Eckehard Blumenberg (GGY) 5 2

Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) 6 6
Paula Suárez (AQL) 2 3

Armin Miksa (13) (GGY) 6 7

Michael Juno (Q) (QAD) 2 6

Lucas Parvash (8) (ACS) 6 6
Luciano Crepaldi (SOR) 4 3

Alex Rivera (12) (NWK) 4 2
Alya Elyas (SHT) 6 6

Doubles R32
Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE) 2 6 6
Emilio Robles/Arlo Daniels (Q) (BUC) 6 3 1

Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 6 7
Milicent Broon/Alexander Dumor (Q) (KHD) 2 6

Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad (6) (PCU) 6 6
Michael Fields/Niken Subdula (NWK) 0 2

Martin Khalizniakov/Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) 6 6
Toma Karga/Dan Cowden (SQR) 3 4

Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (4) (PCU) 6 6
Kendra Fulhampton/Michael Fulhampton (WC) (TJU) 4 0

Milo Ealdræd/ProudSmith (SSI) 6 7
Verity Calderon/Chante Barron (WC) (FLX) 2 5

Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS) 2 6 8

Vanessza Pataki/Armin Miksa (GGY) 6 4 6

Iván Flanagon/Ailbhe O'Hannagain (SQR) 2 6
Teegan Sosa/Ada Nunez (GRU) 6 7
[b]

Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (2) (AQL) 6 7[/b]
Carlos Márquez/Garbiñe Flor (AQL) 3 5

Kora Sunder/Ven van der Vin (QAD) 6 7
Odelia Ayers/IllusiveTramp (Q) (SSI) 4 5

bahari zack/isaac daud (5) (SHT) 6 3 6
Zenfed Suilo/Moren Suilo (WC) (UPD) 1 6 2

Jana Arkinn/Myria Primarch (CEN) 0 7 2
Luke Subdonez/Jeremy Glass (NWK/GRU) 6 6 6

Anna Humpford/Carter Kanasaw (3) (KHD) 6 6
Mirco Tonti/Leandro Baliani (Q) (SOR) 3 0

carrol water/cherrie kane (SHT) 6 6
Margie Brown/Nelly Cooke (GRU) 3 3

Massimo Forster/Hoorain Andersen (Q) (FLX) 4 7 6
Marvin Weinwurm/Bianka Arendt (GGY) 6 6 3

Amara Charles/Rivera Bassett (BUC) 6 6

Laura Sparks/Rhonda Robbins (WC) (NOV) 2 3

Singles Bracket
Livinia Moore (1) ETM v. Goran Bogdanovich (BPE)
Niels Alberink (SQR) v. Anthony Powers (KHD)
Ikram Fawz (SHT) v. Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)
Valery Ushakov (WSN) v. Eva Sarvan (10) (ACS)
Botack Andiam (2) (CEN) v. ProudSmith (SSI)
Vladimir Mikhaelov (7) (WSN) v. Fredrik Stagnelius (9) (PUG)
Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) v. Armin Miksa (13) (GGY)
Lucas Parvash (8) (PCU) v. Ayla Elyas
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

TJUN-ia
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

DEUCE: The Next Generation Leave With Hope

Postby TJUN-ia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:32 am

SINGLES - Round of 32
Quad3: [2] Botack Andiam (CEN) bt [Q] Ken Pollock (TJU) (6-0, 6-3)

DOUBLES - Round of 32
[4] Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (PCU) bt [WC] Kendra Fulhampton/Micheal Fulhampton (6-4, 6-0)

As quickly as they arrived, TJUN-ia's next hopeful stars are going to leave Mendez Bay after the 2nd proper day of action. With our remaining entrants all playing high-seeded players today, it was expected that they would struggle here, but how did they actually do? What caused them to fall on this day?

1) A 2nd Seed taking on a Qualifier isn't going to go well most of the time, and that's exactly what happened here. 2nd seed Botack Andiam of Ceni is certainly a contender for the Tier 2 title as a whole and they took KP-EZ apart today. But Pollock can take pride in what he has achieved, making the 2nd round as a qualifier and showing off why he enters contest so confidently. He may have fallen today but as the best of them all in the singles, he will be the #1 out of the new boys and #9 of all TJUN-ia. Not bad for a guy from Peninsula, the City of Speed.

2) Pemecutan has always been good. 4th seeds Putu Listya Dewi and Putu Ayu Maherani aren't the exceptions as they took down the Siblings of The Capital in a tight Set 1 and a dominant Set 2. The quest of the Fulhamptons to bring glory and respect to their name is, like everything else from the new generation, a work in progress. But the future is bright for us all and, as future tournaments happen, they will have more time to make their mark in the NSTT. All of them will.
1st: ECC4/5, NSSCRA13, RLWC22, IBS20, EBT3, EIHT2
2nd: NSCF24/26, ARWC4, WC:TOTS, IBC34, IBS17, RUWC33/35, ECC6
3rd: ARWC3, IBC32, ECC3/7, ARWC6, ET20IV
NSSCRA - JR
T1: #07 Michael Stefan (S13 T1 Champ/9W)/#64 Alfonso Mercado (3W)/#03 Maddison Riley-Jones (S10 T2 Champ/2W-T1/3W-T2)
T2: #96 Alice Jepkosgei (3W)/#70 Gongming Gao [NCR] (5W)/#79 Axel Chase

WGPO: #11 Lane Carter (2W)/ #9 Batu Tüvshinbayar (WGP2 S5 Champion/1W)
NSTT: 4 S-Titles (3 RU)/2 D-Titles (6 RU)

UN - U1
TJUN (Ta-Jun) - An organ of the UN that focuses on "international role-play" (i.e. USA = Fang the Sniper) (U2)
TJUN-ia (Ta-Jun-ee-a) - The testing grounds of TJUN members, but operates as an independent nation. (U3)

Gnejs
Issues Editor

Founded: May 11, 2006
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Gnejs » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:39 pm

Paranoia

Werner Naess flicked a switch, and his television screen turned black. He was delighted to see Tangeus Falk faltering once again. He knew he shouldn’t be, but he was. While he usually did his best to disguise his dislike for the man and his crazy entourage, he felt it’d be harder this time around.

He wasn’t without weariness though, because who knew what a disappointed Zarathustra Hansen could come up with as a part of some sort of delusional vendetta. The last couple of days had been bad enough, and that was when Falk was winning. He had been receiving not so subtle innuendos through anonymous texts at all hours of the day. A picture of a knife, a quote from some esoteric book about harnessing spiritual powers, another picture of a pint of reddish liquid. Falk playing his winning first game in a T-shirt picturing a stag also felt like message.

He never did find out what Hansen eventually ended up doing regarding his preferred preparations. He had his man on it, but nothing concrete ever materialized. Not for a lack of trying, but Werner had grudgingly admitted that if Hansen really had gone through with his plan, he had done a marvelous job at covering it up.

Whatever had happened, Falk had lost his second game and was once again eliminated in the early stages. While on the one hand pleased, Werner had a lingering feeling of discomfort, because he felt fairly certain that Zarathustra Hansen somehow would blame him.

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Jan 20, 2021 3:06 pm

With two in the singles and doubles side of the tournament it was time to see if an old Ferret ‘curse’ would come to effect them here or if something new was going to happen. Of course the team would hope that they could turn things around and be a day of nothing but winning even if it was a tall order for them. With it being the two guys taking the courts their teammates would be able to split up and watch them play and be supportive in the crowd of everyone else watching and most likely rooting for their opponent given how other tennis groups worked with fans. Milo would end up being the surprising loser of the day after it was over against Niels. It was in hindsight to be expected since Niels came out of beating their higher ranked fellow Squidroidia player. The first set saw the Ferret do well enough for a novice but was not good enough to compete well enough against his competition this match. With Niels coming out with a lead that slowly and then quickly widened near the end of the set to snatch a three point lead win. The second set would see the same thing that happened in the first though even more spread out with Milo trying to successfully gain more winning games, though Niels still slowly kept in the lead despite the set dragging out a little longer. It almost seemed like things could be kept going until there was a tiebreaker to give Milo a chance to win but that chance never materialized when Niels took the seventh game for themselves to Milo’s five when he needed that last point to try and push things along further. With that over with the Ferret side of the team was out of the singles side of the tournament leaving things once again up to ProudSmith.

ProudSmith meanwhile had to face off against a Ceni, and he was going to continue to try and hold up to his name to make his team proud even if he had to lose to Johmer just like he had to lose to Ardil in Cenial. At least this time he would be slightly better prepared to go up against a Ceni player with the little experience that he got from the last tournament. When it came to the first serve it was still pretty clear that the Ceni was not going to be a pushover, and over the course of just the first game alone it showed. The two of them kept each other moving back and forth across the court to return the ball and absolutely not committing any faults throughout the set and eventually the whole match. Back and forth the game score went as well, eventually it was the reverse of what Milo needed when it came down to the twelfth game. ProudSmith needed it to take the point to win the set and Johmer needed it to keep the set going to try and overtake the Dogtaur. Though in this case things were going more favorably for the Salmagundi team and ProudSmith would take that point after yet another drawn out and hard fought for game. The second set would continue with the drawn out games taking place to such a point that Milo and Odelia were able to go from that match to seeing ProudSmith still going hard at it in his match. The score would keep going back and forth though this time when the twelfth game came around Johmer was able to spike the ball which ProudSmith could not return to quickly take the point and push things into another game to try and make a three set match. While the Dogtaur could not return such a feat back on the Ceni player he could keep that from happening again and eventually take that game winning point that he needed to win both the set and the match. Even though it was not Ardil it was a rush to be able to have beaten a Cenian and stay in the tournament.

Though his victory was still dampened by the fact that Milo had lost leaving him alone on the singles side of the tournament once again. With tomorrow having the Dogtaur go up against another Cenian, an eerily similar repetition of what happened in the last tournament. Though this time ProudSmith would not be facing the Cenian that just came off beating Milo, in this case it would be the reverse. However it was very much doubted that ProudSmith could go on to beat the much higher ranked and still very skilled Botack so their time once again looked like it would come to an end tomorrow if success on the doubles side of the tournament did not come to be for the team. Which the team would find out with the doubles side of the competition happening right after the singles side, with ProudSmith and Milo having to pair up after their rough matches to take on the other Flexanewmega doubles pair. Despite their rough matches and one loss the two of them were able to keep on pushing themselves to fight for the win. They would thankfully have a slightly easier time facing off against Verity and Chante quickly taking the lead and just as quickly widening it doing even better than their Salmagundi teammates had done against their Flexanewmega opponents. After a quick win their competition turned things around to start to drag out the second set and for a moment took an almost solid lead for themselves before Milo and ProudSmith could turn things back around again. While their opponents were close to taking things to a tiebreak ProudSmith repeated what he did in his singles side match to keep that from happening.

Odelia and IllusiveTramp were, for one of them, going up against a familiar face that was Qasden Ven van der Vin. This time the Dogtaur would not get the fluke of beating him here in this tournament, even if it was on the doubles side with extra help. Kora and Ven were able to start off with the lead, and while the Salmagundi players were able to keep the score tied for a few games the two Qasden players would come out on top with the last two points to take the first set. The second set would proceed much like the first one with the score staying tied with both quick and slow games being evenly split between the two sides, though once again Kora and Ven would swoop in when it came down to the last two points needed to win to take those for themselves to win the set and the match. Kicking Odelia and IllusiveTramp completely out of both sides of the tournament. When the team was able to get back together it seemed as if that old Ferret ‘curse’ that made their early attempts at being a part of the international tennis team was going to affect them here in Mendez Bay as well. It was pretty much all down to ProudSmith, and if he could not win that would be a sure sign that they were out of their league even trying to be in these restricted tennis tournaments.

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:47 pm

Thursday, 21 January 2021 (Wraspati Paing Wuku Dukut, Pawukon 1780)

The Schedule Reveal

Pemecutan Puri, Pemecutan - Pemecutan Tennis Association have been in hard work for the pass week as they are finalizing the domestic tour. Just last afternoon, PTA spoke person, Ahmad Wijayakusuma, held a press conference regarding the domestic tour. It is reveal that the tour will be called PTA Tour for simplification. There will be 12 regular events with 1 tour final which will be held at the end of the season. The regular event will be divided into 2 tier, 8 Tier 2 events and 4 Tier 1 events with the first event will be held in Mambal, Kanginan State. The Tour is held from 7 February until 21 August 2021.

The date of the events are provisional. As our country is selected as the co-host of Games of the Melayu Olympiad, maybe some of the events schedule might be change so both event can be run hand in hand.
- Ahmad Kusumawijaya

The schedule dates are in line with Pawukon calendar, calendar that is use by the country which is only 30 weeks long. The events also held in 4 surfaces, 3 events for each surfaces. The Tour Final can be held in any surface. For the first season, the officials is selected Celagi Tennis Park in Celagigendong, an outdoor hard court tennis field, as the host for the Tour Final. The venue will also hosting the tennis ecent for Games of the Melayu Olympiad. At the press conference, the official logo for the tournament is also revealed. The athletes submission for the tournament are state based. So they will be entered based on their state of origin, not by their club membership. This is to ensure that each states and territories will have their representative in the tournament. They can also monitored the progress of the athletes so it is easier for the states sports committee to select their representative at the Pemecutan Games.

Official Logo of PTA Tour
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:22 pm

Cutoff!
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:29 pm

Singles R16
Livinia Moore (1) (ETM) 6 6 6
Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) 4 7 2

Niels Alberink (SQR) 4 6
Anthony Powers (KHD) 6 7

Ikram Fawz (SHT) 3 4
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 6 6

Valery Ushakov (WSN) 7 6
Eva Sarvan (10) (ACS) 6 3

Botack Andiam (2) (CEN) 6 1
ProudSmith (SSI) 7 6

Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) 6 2 9
Fredrik Stagnelius (9) (PUG) 2 6 7

Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) 6 3 6
Armin Miksa (13) (GGY) 1 6 3

Lucas Parvash (8) (ACS) 6 4 5
Alya Elyas (SHT) 4 6 7

A minor error happened. Massimo Forester and Hoorain Andersen were incorrectly placed in the spot of Massimo Recinella and their partner. A rescore has taken place
Rescore
Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (7) (SOR) 6 6
Marvin Weinwurm/Bianka Arendt (GGY) 4 3

Doubles R16
Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE) 6 2 6
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 2 6 4

Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad (6) (PCU) 6 4 6
Martin Khalizniakov/Goran Bogdanovich (BPE) 4 6 4

Putu Listya Dewi/Putu Ayu Maherani (4) (PCU) 4 6
Milo Ealdræd/ProudSmith (SSI) 6 7

Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS) 6 7
Teegan Sosa/Ada Nunez (GRU) 1 6

Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (2) (AQL) 3 7 6
Kora Sunder/Ven van der Vin (QAD) 6 5 4

bahari zack/isaac daud (5) (SHT) 7 7
Luke Subdonez/Jeremy Glass (NWK/GRU) 6 6

Anna Humpford/Carter Kanasaw (3) (KHD) 6 3 6

carrol water/cherrie kane (SHT) 4 6 3

Amara Charles/Rivera Bassett (BUC) 1 2

Singles Bracket
Livinia Moore (1) (ETM) v. Anthony Powers (KHD)
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) v. Valery Ushakov (WSN)
ProudSmith (SSI) v. Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN)
Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) v. Alya Elyas (SHT)

Doubles Bracket
Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE) v. Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad (6) (PCU)
Milo Ealdræd/ProudSmith (SSI) v. Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS)
Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (2) (AQL) v. bahari zack/isaac daud (5) (SHT)
Anna Humpford/Carter Kanasaw (3) (KHD) v. Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (7) (SOR)
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:56 pm

Today was potentially going to be a rough day as if the team’s luck continued it would see them at best knocked out of one side of the tournament and at worst both sides. To make the case for things going to the worse outcome was the fact that ProudSmith was going up against a Cenian who was ranked second on paper in this tournament and then he would have to work with Milo after what was sure to be a rough match ending in victory or defeat to take on Pemecutan players Putu and Putu who were together ranked fourth in this tournament. It seemed like the setup was perfect to see them get defeated and sent home today, but ProudSmith refused to give up or in on the reality of the situation and would still go all in as though he actually had a chance. His teammates would support him in that effort as well no matter that outcome.

When it came time to take the court it would be ProudSmith representing the last Salmagundi player on the singles side of the tournament versus Botack representing the last Ceni player in the whole tournament who was probably really looking forward to facing Johmer today and not the Dogtaur even if it would be a seemingly easier match to win. If Johmer and ProudSmith forced each other to move around and learn the court was too much then this match would take that up to eleven with the first set. Right from the opening serve there was not going to be an easy point hitting the ball where the other side was not going to be to hit the return. Given how this would be a repeat of the last match it actually gave the Dogtaur much needed hope that he had a chance and that he could see it through. Botack on their part kept things tight and professional in a way that only an older experienced player could keep the score tied whenever they fell behind even a single game. As such the set continued to a tiebreaker, one that ProudSmith almost lost to a simple error but was able to recover to snatch the winning point. It was a much needed rush for the Salmagundi team as a whole with one of their own having a lead over another Cenian. In another interesting turn of events ProudSmith was fated to experience something that Milo had when facing off against Ardil in the Cenian Open. Namely being that Botack for some reason or another completely fell off their A game allowing ProudSmith to get some rather uncontested points quickly compared to the last set and even the last match he had to fight through. The Cenian was only able to earn one measly point to not completely lose the set like Ardil had to do with the Ferret, however in this case this allowed ProudSmith to win the set as he was the one in the lead set wise whereas Milo only benefited from whatever misfortune hit Ardil to catch up in sets. With that ProudSmith would be able to boast taking on two Cenians and winning after losing and failing Milo to the Cenian Ardil.

After the singles side of the tournament was over with for the day it was time for Milo to join ProudSmith in seeing how well they would do on the doubles side of things. So far this was their team’s best, though given that it was only one previous tournament and this one currently that was a low bar to overcome. Given how the second set had gone so unexpectedly for ProudSmith he was feeling a lot better than he thought he would have when going up against the Pemecutan pair which would at least not hurt their low odds of winning here. Once the first game started the two Salmagundi players got into their slowly improving teamwork to face off against on paper and in reality skilled opponents. They would start off having a much harder time than they did in their first match but eventually take a lead midway through the set. The score would be three to three before the two of them jumped ahead two points to lose a game. With things looking so sure for them at the time they were able to take the next game to win the set. The next set would see the two Puta’s ramping up their efforts to win by decisively taking a strong lead with moves that ended games quickly in their favor. While that strategy worked it would make the comeback that ProudSmith and Milo put in without being able to pull off those quick game ending moves all the more gratifying for the Salmagundi team. With the set starting to get competitive again it was down to another tiebreaker for ProudSmith, although this time it was for the match win or to see another set. A back and forth game eventually saw the Salmagundi pair take the point needed to win the set and thus the match.

With the tournament day over with the team finally got their perfect day that they were looking for, even if it was not when they were hoping for it. ProudSmith would have to face off against Waisnor player Vladimir and with Milo face off against Acastanha players Ana and Eva. The Acastanha team would be the one they felt like that would have to look out for given that it was them that had no trouble knocking out Odelia and IllusiveTramp from the singles side of the tournament and would probably have no qualms about knocking them fully out of the doubles side as well.

“You know this city probably has plenty of areas to drink, and we have no better time to celebrate, so let's celebrate!” IllusiveTramp said with the rest of them agreeing to put off another round of practicing this afternoon to have some fun. Once they had found an establishment to serve them they all enjoyed themselves with a toast, “To their own potential Dagmar.” and, “That Dogtaurs can have success in tennis as well.”

Electrum
Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 20, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Electrum » Thu Jan 21, 2021 2:44 am

The Turnip: How many of these tennis moments do you remember?
by Sweet-T, citizen journalist

Check off all the moments you remember.

☐ Elia and Fia Xal rose from the dead in their graves at the middle of Judi Valemartin Stadium after they heard that Ronya were winning grand slams again.

☐ Fiorenzo Tartoni getting winning a hippo for winning the singles championship of the Cenian Open.

☐ Dewa Putu Adrian Putra causing a dimensional tear by serving three balls at once at a very high speed, which literally tore the fabric of space-time.

☐ When Rosa Levinsky was caught calling Sonya Gredello "champ" on camera.

☐ The Recuecnians forgetting to submit their paperwork because they all drink wine and are very lazy over there.

☐ The Grearish Union players collectively realising that their trigram referred to a famous villain in a children's movie, causing them to hang their heads in shame.

☐ Fiorenzo Tartoni getting squashed by the hippo he won at the Cenian Open.

☐ Livinia Moore changing her phone plans while on court at the Mendez Bay Open, because she realised that for just $30 a month, she can have unlimited domestic calls to landline and mobile.

☐ The Kalactinians having a set of Salmagundian ferret nose-flautists opening each day's tennis competition with a thirty-minute stirring rendition of "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star".

☐ Lonus Varalin being caught overdosing on chill pills because everyone called him a hard-ass in his interviews.

1-9: Sad! You really don't watch any tennis at all! Every single tennis fan would remember these moments, and cherish them in their hearts.

10: You are a super-star tennis fan. You have the biggest brains and the greatest knowledge of the tennis world in the entire multiverse. You will hire a set of Salmagundian ferret nose-flautists to your wedding because you appreciated them so much at the Mendez Bay Open.
NationStates Tennis Tour President - NSTT rankings and season nine schedule

Issues Editor - List of issue ideas - Got Issues discord

Waisnor
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:14 am

Don't go to the quarterfinals alone

Waisnorian singles, who already achieved good results, decided to improve them even more. But with doubles it's not that simple:

Valery Ushakov (WSN)              7   6
Eva Sarvan (10) (ACS) 6 3

Valery Ushakov faced Eva Sarvan from Acastanha. Valery already believed that he had surpassed his own expectations, but was not going to stop there, which could be seen in the first set. But Eva did not want to lose, and as a result, both athletes began a fierce struggle, from which Valery emerged victorious with a score of 7-6. This, apparently, gave Ushakov confidence in his abilities, and this influenced the result of the second set, in which he also won, already with a score of 6-3. This allowed him to win this match and qualify for the NSTT tournament quarterfinals for the first time in his career.

Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN)      6   2   9
Fredrik Stagnelius (9) (PUG) 2 6 7

Vladimir Mikhailov in his match met with another seeded player - Fredrik Stagnelius from Gnejs. With the higher seed Vladimir had some advantage, but the match was expected to be intense. In the first set, his advantage was realized - Mikhailov won him with a score of 6-2. However, in the next set, Fredrik was able to return the favor to Vladimir and win the set with the same score - 6-2. In the third set, a serious struggle began for victory and a place in the quarterfinals, which lasted clearly longer than usual. Following the results of the third set, Vladimir was able to snatch a victory with a score of 9-7 and for the second time he was able to reach the quarterfinals of NSTT tournament.

Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE)     6   2   6
Jan Turovets/Vitaly Rakov (WSN) 2 6 4

Jan Turovets and Vitaly Rakov faced a serious rival - Ivo Dhjukharevic and Dusan Ventaromovich from Beepee, who received the first seeded number. It was clear that the battle would be difficult for Jan and Vitaly, and the first set only confirmed such opinions - Ivo and Dusan won it with a score of 6-2. However, Turovets and Rakov did not remain in debt and were able to win the second set again with a score of 6-2. But, apparently, Jan and Vitaly spent a lot of their strength in order to win this set, and Ivo and Dusan were able to take advantage of the lack of strength of Waisnorian pair and won the third set with a score of 6-4, thus knocking out Turovets and Rakov out of tournament.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:24 pm

Singles R8
Livinia Moore (1) (ETM) 2 6 4
Anthony Powers (KHD) 6 0 6

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 3 6 8
Valery Ushakov (WSN) 6 3 6

ProudSmith (SSI) 6 2 3
Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) 3 6 6

Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) 6 7
Alya Elyas (SHT) 4 5

Doubles R8
Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE) 0 6 6
Ilham Nugraha/Jayadi Ahmad (6) (PCU) 6 2 2

Milo Ealdræd/ProudSmith (SSI) 2 6 2
Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS) 6 4 6

Carla Tormo/Lara Navarro (2) (AQL) 6 6 6
bahari zack/isaac daud (5) (SHT) 7 3 8

Anna Humpford/Carter Kanasaw (3) (KHD) 6 2 2
Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (7) (SOR) 2 6 6

Singles Bracket
Anthony Powers (KHD) v. Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)
Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) v. Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU)

Doubles Bracket
Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE) v. Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS)
bahari zack/isaac daud (5) (SHT) v. Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (7) (SOR)
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Thu Jan 21, 2021 11:23 pm

It was all smiling once again over a course of breakfast for the whole team given that ProudSmith had just come out of beating two Cenians in this tournament and that he was in the quarterfinals in the singles and doubles with Milo. Given the odds it almost seemed like they had a real shot at seeing a possible win for the team. Though that was probably due to the smaller tournament size and not an actual reflection of true chances. When it came time to take part in the quarterfinals it seemed that the success ProudSmith had fought for had come to take the debt owed in both the matches that he would play today.

Starting off on the singles side going against Vladimir the slower back and forth on the fast court that ProudSmith had to deal with against the Cenians was over with here. The advantage of this fell in the Dogtaur’s favor as he was the one to rapidly take points and while he rapidly lost a few there was not enough for the Waisnor player to recover in the first set. That seemed to suit Vladimir just fine however as they recovered quickly in the second set to return what ProudSmith had done in the first set and do it slightly better by keeping the Salmagundi player from getting past two points. With the match pushed out to a third set it could have been either one of their games, but things would not seem to hold out that way with Vladimir once again starting out by claiming game after game to take the set along with the match. Just like that things were over, and sadly it was not even due to a hard fought for grind dealing with a fast paced court against an established Ceni player. It was a promising start that quickly went lopsided to end ProudSmith’s time in this tournament dashing a budding hope once again.

Though there was the doubles side to provide a hope spot, and it would have been very amusing if it had turned out that their team did better on the doubles side than the singles side in this tournament. In the end that amusement would never come to be when facing the Acastanha team. Just like it had been on the singles side for ProudSmith the same situation occurred here with the games no longer being as fought for with the court seemingly ramping up the speed it could produce. Ana and Eve were able to keep the ball flying to take game after game in the first set to shut the Salmagundi pair out of even having a chance. The second set provided the biggest hope spot, even though the games were not slowing down back and forth wise ProudSmith and Milo were able to start dragging out the games again which seemed to be to their advantage. It paid off with the two holding a two point lead until they got their sixth game win to take the set and have a chance with a third set. The third set however would be the one to crush the hope spot with the course of the games going back to how they were in the first set. A course of events that was to Ana and Eve’s advantage which saw ProudSmith and Milo quickly lose that set along with the match. Just like that things were even more over, with the Salmagundi team now completely out of the tournament after such a great day yesterday.

ProudSmith took the turn of events pretty hard, especially when he considered just how much effort he put in to get to this point to so easily be brushed aside today. All there was to do now was watch the next two days to see who would win and go home to figure out exactly what their future course of action was in relation to the international tennis scene.

Waisnor
Diplomat

Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:38 am

We go to the next level

For the first time in NSTT tournaments two Waisnorian players played in quarterfinals. One dropped on this stage and one went even further...

Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU)        3   6   8
Valery Ushakov (WSN) 6 3 6

Valery Ushakov was novice in such stages, this was his first quarterfinal. Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi from Pemecutan became his opponent. In the beginning, it seemed that Valery could calmly reach the semifinals - Ushakov effortlessly win the first set with a score of 6-3. However, already in the best traditions of matches with participation of Waisnorian tennis players, Dewi was able to win the second set with the same score with which he lost the first - 6-3. The third set became a real battle for survival - both tennis players wanted to get to the semifinals and did not want to give up their chance. Following the results of this battle Cintya Dewi emerged victorious, winning the third set with a score 8-6, thus knocking out Valery from tournament.

ProudSmith (SSI)                  6   2   3
Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) 3 6 6

Unlike Ushakov, Vladimir Mikhailov had experience in quarterfinals, although only time was there he lost. However, in the match with ProudSmith from Independent Salmagundi he clearly wanted to go further. However, the first set did not add confidence in this - he was lost with a score of 3-6. In the second set, Vladimir was able to get back on track and win the set 6-2. However, something was missing... Two sets with the same score. Mikhailov was able to fill this void and won the third set with a score of 6-3. Thus, Vladimir Mikhailov won this match and became the first Waisnorian player to get into NSTT tournament semifinal.
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:30 pm

Cutoff

Singles R4
Anthony Powers (KHD) 3 7 6
Dewa Ayu Cintya Dewi (PCU) 6 5 2

Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN) 2 6 6
Komang Agus Artawan (4) (PCU) 6 2 4

Doubles R4
Ivo Dhjukharevic/Dusan Ventaromovich (1) (BPE) 5 4
Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS) 7 6

bahari zack/isaac daud (5) (SHT) 4 3

Singles Final
Anthony Powers (KHD) v. Vladimir Mikhailov (7) (WSN)

Doubles Final
Ana Radkkar/Eva Radkkar (8) (ACS) v. Massimo Recinella/Oscar Recinella (7) (SOR)
Last edited by Northwest Kalactin on Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats