NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Trolling in US Politics thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

[R] Trolling in US Politics thread

Postby Atheris » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:32 pm

Loftegen 3 wrote:Joe Biden is my President: Unsere verleibte fuehur! Sieg hiel! Seig heil!"
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:02 pm

Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Atheris
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Atheris » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:08 am

New Visayan Islands wrote:Lunchtime!

Danke, NVI! *leaves freaky alien lemonade*
#FreeNSGRojava
Don't talk to Moderators. Don't associate with Moderators. Don't trust moderators. Moderators lie.
NEW VISAYAN ISLANDS SHOULD RESIGN! HOLD JANNIES ACCOUNTABLE!

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jan 18, 2021 9:33 am

Going down the "homosexuality is a mental illness" route:

Freiheit Reich wrote:Heterosexual intimacy with a sibling is controversial and should be discouraged but it is not more of a mental illness than homosexuality. Of course, this is my opinion and debatable (as we can say about most mental illnesses). [...]

He has also consistently been bundling homosexuality with incest:

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=497186&p=38229555#p38229555

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=497186&p=38229046#p38229046

viewtopic.php?p=38229486#p38229486

viewtopic.php?p=38229572#p38229572
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:27 am

Postauthoritarian America wrote:
Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:The event was planned well in advance, considering its proximity to the Capitol and valid threats of insurrection made before, I would be surprised if Russia or China didn’t take the opportunity to plant spies in the mob

If you have a shred of evidence for that outlandish claim you should call the FBI. If not you should STFU.

Flaming
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:06 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Trollzyn the Infinite wrote:
Look, bro. I used to be on the side of the "they can just go somewhere else" mentality.

But then I realized libertarianism is stupid and bigotry needs to be actively erased from society.

Why? People should have the right to be bigots. Do you want to force people to have the same opinion as you? What about someone that might have a reason to dislike another group? Imagine someone who lived in Nanjing and was raped by Japanese soldiers during the Nanjing Massacre. Should that person be forced to serve Japanese customers if they enter her store? What about a man who had a wife raped and tortured and killed by a group of white men? Should that business owner be forced to serve white men? People have different life experiences and may have a reason for being bigots.

Discourage bigotry but don't regulate it (at least for private businesses).

You are an idealist but idealism can be dangerous. I think about young idealistic students in 1960's China that beat their teachers and beat monks for not being communist enough. These students just loved their nation and wanted the teachers and monks to think like them and support Maoist thoughts. They were idealistic but tyrannical as well.

Fifty years on, one of Mao’s ‘little generals’ exposes horror of the Cultural Revolution

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... revolution

Freiheit is comparing me to the architects of the Cultural Revolution, a campaign of state-sanctioned mass murder and terror which resulted in the deaths of 20 million people.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:45 pm

Freiheit Reich wrote:
Why? People should have the right to be bigots. Do you want to force people to have the same opinion as you? What about someone that might have a reason to dislike another group? Imagine someone who lived in Nanjing and was raped by Japanese soldiers during the Nanjing Massacre. Should that person be forced to serve Japanese customers if they enter her store? What about a man who had a wife raped and tortured and killed by a group of white men? Should that business owner be forced to serve white men? People have different life experiences and may have a reason for being bigots.

Discourage bigotry but don't regulate it (at least for private businesses).

You are an idealist but idealism can be dangerous. I think about young idealistic students in 1960's China that beat their teachers and beat monks for not being communist enough. These students just loved their nation and wanted the teachers and monks to think like them and support Maoist thoughts. They were idealistic but tyrannical as well.

Fifty years on, one of Mao’s ‘little generals’ exposes horror of the Cultural Revolution

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/ ... revolution

Freiheit is comparing me to the architects of the Cultural Revolution, a campaign of state-sanctioned mass murder and terror which resulted in the deaths of 20 million people.

viewtopic.php?p=38230658#p38230658
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:46 pm

Are the two reports above that one not actionable?
EDIT: I see they are getting dealt with separately.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:49 pm

Aeritai wrote:
Postauthoritarian America wrote:
If you have a shred of evidence for that outlandish claim you should call the FBI. If not you should STFU.

Flaming

viewtopic.php?p=38230674#p38230674
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Trollzyn the Infinite
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 22, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Trollzyn the Infinite » Mon Jan 18, 2021 7:17 pm

Farnhamia wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=38230658#p38230658

Kudos.
☆ American Patriot ☆ Civic Nationalist ☆ Rocker & Metalhead ☆ Heretical Christian ☆
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right."

Reminder that Donald J. Trump is officially a traitor to the United States of America as of January 6th, 2021
The Paradox of Tolerance
永远不会忘记1989年6月4日天安门广场大屠杀
Ես Արցախի կողքին եմ
Wanted Fugitive of the Chinese Communist Party
Unapologetic stan for Lana Beniko - #1 Sith Waifu

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:57 am

Noble DG wrote:I still can't believe that America elected a pedophile as their next president.

I have a suspicion that Noble DG might be a troll account. I don't know if they crossed the line yet, but I'm suspicious.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Kexholm Karelia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kexholm Karelia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:22 pm

Trump the Punk wrote:
Cultural Posadism wrote:What does it say about the absolute state of American conservatism that the new generation of Republican congresspeople are a bunch of violent conspiracy theorists and neo nazis?

Better than the wusses that publish this garbage: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/this-time-there-may-not-be-a-do-over

Can you believe these conservacucks? appealing to unity and talking to *barf* liberals! Not me, I WANNA DESTROY!
Right wing conservative
Media is the enemy of the people
CCP delenda est
orange man bad. diversity is our strength. real communism hasn’t been tried yet. the hong kong protestors are paid by the cia. antifa protestors are good, hong kong protestors are american bootlickers. China is a better alternative to America. uyghur genocide isn’t real, and it is western propaganda. Trump should not have killed Soleimani. gender is a social construct invented by white supremacists.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:13 pm

Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Trump the Punk wrote:
Better than the wusses that publish this garbage: https://www.nationalreview.com/2021/01/this-time-there-may-not-be-a-do-over

Can you believe these conservacucks? appealing to unity and talking to *barf* liberals! Not me, I WANNA DESTROY!

They were destroyed by another Mod.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:15 pm

The Reformed American Republic wrote:
Noble DG wrote:I still can't believe that America elected a pedophile as their next president.

I have a suspicion that Noble DG might be a troll account. I don't know if they crossed the line yet, but I'm suspicious.

viewtopic.php?p=38234158#p38234158

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:17 pm

Was the report I made yesterday not actionable?

Wave on, wave on

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:07 pm

The New California Republic wrote:Going down the "homosexuality is a mental illness" route:

Freiheit Reich wrote:Heterosexual intimacy with a sibling is controversial and should be discouraged but it is not more of a mental illness than homosexuality. Of course, this is my opinion and debatable (as we can say about most mental illnesses). [...]

Yes, but in a compare-and-contrast sort of way. I find the sentiments expressed in those posts distasteful but not actionable. *holds up a hand and fires a Second Opinion flare*

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:22 pm

Thanks Farn.

Wave on, wave on

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:58 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Kexholm Karelia wrote:Easy to imagine why, if you think about it. Statistics show that Republican voters, no matter income level, are much happier than their democrat counterparts. While part of that I think is attributed to faith in God and belief in a good family as the basis of society, living in a rural area is far more of an individualistic lifestyle than urban living is

Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

I take this to mean "Republicans are ignorant" and thus think this might be trolling. I'm not a fan of the GOP but still.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz

Holocene Extinction

Giovenith
Retired Moderator

Founded: Feb 08, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Giovenith » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:34 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Going down the "homosexuality is a mental illness" route:

Yes, but in a compare-and-contrast sort of way. I find the sentiments expressed in those posts distasteful but not actionable. *holds up a hand and fires a Second Opinion flare*

Gross, but not actionable. Agreed that they're using it to make an argument about different social mores.

Cordel One wrote:Ignorance is bliss, as they say.

I take this to mean "Republicans are ignorant" and thus think this might be trolling. I'm not a fan of the GOP but still.

Not actionable.
⟡ and in time, and in time, we will all be stars ⟡
she/her

Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:40 pm

Understood, thanks Gio!

Farnhamia wrote:

viewtopic.php?p=38234158#p38234158

Thanks Farn!
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Holocene Extinction

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Jan 20, 2021 1:19 am

Cheers Gio.

Wave on, wave on

Miku the Based
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Miku the Based » Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:08 am

Forum rulebreaking of trolling
viewtopic.php?p=38217432#p38217432
The user Vassenor is trying to gaslight Galloism of being a sexist for linking a cnn article for merely mentioning a non-violent feminist protest next to a violent protest in a city that occurred around the same time and day.
edit: Specifically this string of quotes.
Galloism quoting CNN article: In Washington, Newsham told CNN the several hundred demonstrators who actively confronted police were vastly outnumbered by the thousands of nonviolent protesters who swarmed the nation's capital for Inauguration Day and Saturday's Women's March on Washington.

"We have been pointing out all along that this is a very isolated incident, and by and large, everything is going peacefully and a lot of folks have come to the city to enjoy this historic day, not only the Capitol but walking all around the city," he said.

Vassenor:
Sorry if it upsets you to see a feminist movement depicted positively, but to equate this to an attempted insurrection and the actual murder of a police officer is so disingenuous it's not even funny.
Last edited by Miku the Based on Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
January 8th, 2021 - I vow not to respond to anyone OOCIC/OOC I'm 100% serious
Do not ask me my opinion of LGBT. the mods don't approve.
Yes, I'm Homophobic, Transphobic etc. not stop incessantly responding to me and then have the audacity to claim I am the one "trolling". If I don't respond to you most likely I'm on your foe list. If one is hypersensitive I recommend putting me on your foe list
Socialism Cockshottian Economic Pan-aftrica DPRK Hamas Belarus CCP Kazakhstan Maxim Gorky National Bolshevikism jim profit free thought and expression thereof | Susan Sontag Critical Theory New-Left Cub/Ven. Socialism Smashie Drugs USculture NPA Corrupt Moderator Unruley Moderators anglos thought crimes/police

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:15 am

Borderline, not actionable.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

An Alan Smithee Nation
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby An Alan Smithee Nation » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:09 am

This nation just seems like someone's puppet for trolling

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=1178669
Everything is intertwinkled

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation