NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC III)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:44 pm

Louisianan wrote:Linda sighed, "Healthcare, Gun Rights, Border Protection, and Strong Military. Most of which barely affects them in any way, the border is a few hours from Houston. It's really, in my opinion, the perfect suburban area."

"They hate taxes and love their tax cuts, but that's pretty unrealistic. I think the HPPSO Act should boost me up a little bit. The point is, my district is leaning further and further right as time goes on. I think a victory could be in sight if I throw out a few more ads discussing policy. I've never been a person to bash politicians, I try to outrun them with policy, then again, that was before Harold Baines, and definitely, before the 7th District started tilting right." Linda laughed, "The Republicans have RINO's and I just want to make sure I don't turn into a DINO."

"Linda, you really impressed me with your handling on the HPPSO Act. Your answer to Park's question was sturdy - that bastard came for me on... embassy security, I think. You did good there." She scratches her jaw. "HPPSO is fundamentally a tax cut. When Westra's RAISE Act finally clears the Senate, that's going to be a Dem-led tax cut too. And I'm going to be talking to Tim Westra about a new tax bill and we can look at putting your name on it in the House - it's a tax cut too, of sorts. I don't mind making you the face of low taxes in Democratic policymaking. I'm not against a strong military, and I've always said so when asked. Border protection is... wonky. It's a toxified debate. Healthcare, we're working on - it's going to be in the 2020 platform prominently. And as for guns, well, anything beyond the provisions of the Douglas bill is fair game."
Neoliberal
"Making peace with the establishment is an important aspect of maturity."
Join NS P2TM's rebooted US politics RP! - America the Beautiful
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Bryan Burgess - R-CT - White House Press Secretary
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:57 pm

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:
Louisianan wrote:Linda sighed, "Healthcare, Gun Rights, Border Protection, and Strong Military. Most of which barely affects them in any way, the border is a few hours from Houston. It's really, in my opinion, the perfect suburban area."

"They hate taxes and love their tax cuts, but that's pretty unrealistic. I think the HPPSO Act should boost me up a little bit. The point is, my district is leaning further and further right as time goes on. I think a victory could be in sight if I throw out a few more ads discussing policy. I've never been a person to bash politicians, I try to outrun them with policy, then again, that was before Harold Baines, and definitely, before the 7th District started tilting right." Linda laughed, "The Republicans have RINO's and I just want to make sure I don't turn into a DINO."

"Linda, you really impressed me with your handling on the HPPSO Act. Your answer to Park's question was sturdy - that bastard came for me on... embassy security, I think. You did good there." She scratches her jaw. "HPPSO is fundamentally a tax cut. When Westra's RAISE Act finally clears the Senate, that's going to be a Dem-led tax cut too. And I'm going to be talking to Tim Westra about a new tax bill and we can look at putting your name on it in the House - it's a tax cut too, of sorts. I don't mind making you the face of low taxes in Democratic policymaking. I'm not against a strong military, and I've always said so when asked. Border protection is... wonky. It's a toxified debate. Healthcare, we're working on - it's going to be in the 2020 platform prominently. And as for guns, well, anything beyond the provisions of the Douglas bill is fair game."

"Alright. Gun Rights, I think I can stay quiet about, especially since my part of Harris County is pretty liberal compared to the district as a whole since it encompasses Houston. If I can stay quiet on Gun Rights, keep my opinions to myself on Border Security, then I can make my platform based on Lower Taxes and Better Healthcare. Normally, I campaign on social issues or at least tie them in somehow to my campaign, so I think I'll use social issues, lower taxes, and better healthcare. Honestly, who would disagree with any of that?" Linda laughed again, thinking about whether she should mention her new date or not. It could ruin Caroline's rare happy mood with her, but it would have to come out at some point. She decided to stay quiet for now, letting this happy conversation stay that way.

"I handled Parks with the attitude I handle all of my opponents, with dignity, class, and big words!" Linda laughed again,
Last edited by Louisianan on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Louisianan wrote:"Alright. Gun Rights, I think I can stay quiet about, especially since my part of Harris County is pretty liberal compared to the district as a whole since it encompasses Houston. If I can stay quiet on Gun Rights, keep my opinions to myself on Border Security, then I can make my platform based on Lower Taxes and Better Healthcare. Normally, I campaign on social issues or at least tie them in somehow to my campaign, so I think I'll use social issues, lower taxes, and better healthcare. Honestly, who would disagree with any of that?" Linda laughed again, thinking about whether she should mention her new date or not. It could ruin Caroline's rare happy mood with her, but it would have to come out at some point. She decided to stay quiet for now, letting this happy conversation stay that way.

"I handled Parks with the attitude I handle all of my opponents, with dignity, class, and big words!" Linda laughed again,

"Well, the leadership is very proud for how you've handled this bill, Linda. Was that all you needed?"
Neoliberal
Eugene Obradovic - D-IL - President pro tempore of the United States Senate, senior Senator from the State of Illinois
Caroline Simone - D-NY - Ranking Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee, former Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, Representative for the 12th District of New York
Abigail Jekyll-Jones - R-OR - Chair of the House Natural Resources Committee, Representative for the 2nd District of Oregon
Jonah Prendergast Jr. - R-WV - Governor of West Virginia, former Secretary of Labor

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:01 pm

Louisianan wrote:"Alright. Gun Rights, I think I can stay quiet about, especially since my part of Harris County is pretty liberal compared to the district as a whole since it encompasses Houston. If I can stay quiet on Gun Rights, keep my opinions to myself on Border Security, then I can make my platform based on Lower Taxes and Better Healthcare. Normally, I campaign on social issues or at least tie them in somehow to my campaign, so I think I'll use social issues, lower taxes, and better healthcare. Honestly, who would disagree with any of that?" Linda laughed again, thinking about whether she should mention her new date or not. It could ruin Caroline's rare happy mood with her, but it would have to come out at some point. She decided to stay quiet for now, letting this happy conversation stay that way.

"Well, the leadership is very proud for how you've handled this bill, Linda. Was that all you needed?"

"Yes! Yep, that's it. I apologize for any time I may have wasted with my anxiety." Linda said with a smile as she rose from the chair, "I'll get going! I've got a race to win. Thanks for your time!"

Gordano and Lysandus
Postmaster-General

New York Times Democracy

Postby Gordano and Lysandus » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Louisianan wrote:"Yes! Yep, that's it. I apologize for any time I may have wasted with my anxiety." Linda said with a smile as she rose from the chair, "I'll get going! I've got a race to win. Thanks for your time!"

"Anxiety isn't uncommon here, Linda. It was no trouble." She gave her a gentle nod. "Safe travels."
Neoliberal

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:05 pm

Louisianan wrote:"Yes! Yep, that's it. I apologize for any time I may have wasted with my anxiety." Linda said with a smile as she rose from the chair, "I'll get going! I've got a race to win. Thanks for your time!"

"Anxiety isn't uncommon here, Linda. It was no trouble." She gave her a gentle nod. "Safe travels."

Linda smiled again as she turned around and walked back to her office, "I got this," she said to herself..

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:16 pm

Wednesday March 4, 2020 to Friday, March 6, 2020
Jack Vichter for U.S. Senator
Trumbull, Portage & Summit Counties

A day in each of the three counties which had propelled him to victory in 2018, was in order. All three big union counties, and two of them had gone for Wolf. Accordingly, Jack's visits were visits to industrial sites, union halls, pubs after hours and often featured short speeches and mostly just wholehearted conversation with Ohioans.

"Now, the man I hope to succeed is that corrupt shill, Lukas Hawthorne," he said at one pub, "and my opponent in this race, is covering up his tracks. Just as Rodman lied to send our kids to Iraq, he's lying to cover for Hawthorne and quite frankly, I'm just sick of it. We need Washington focused on jobs, wages and opportunities. Instead it's become a corrupt cesspool of self-serving sycophants, we need a Senator for Ohio, not a Senator for himself, and that's what this race is about," he smiled, shaking hands and moving onto his next engagement.

Saturday, March 7, 2020 to Sunday, March 8, 2020
Jack Vichter for U.S. Senator
Eerie and Cuyahoga Counties

Eerie had voted for him in 2018, leading to the need to shore up his support here. He spoke of the need to fight for workers, working families and to combat corruption in Washington.

Then, it was over to Cuyahoga County where he met with city leaders, and his voter registration drives which continued to register African-American and the WWC voter groups in large droves.

The Sunday began with a visit to an Black Church, the previous Sunday he'd visited an Appalachian Church while here, now joined by his wife and two kids he joined the community in evening activities and that afternoon spoke with city leaders and community leaders about police reform. Tomorrow two Cuyahoga county corrections officers would be sentenced for their role in the abuse of an inmate, he spoke with leaders about the upcoming sentencing and committed to continuing accountability for law enforcement authorities.

The campaign's use of 'Direct Voter Contact', or DVC began in earnest. The goal to register at least half a million new voters by August, and communicate by mail-to-households at least once a month to 75% of households had been set and it would need to be hit.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Alozia
Senator

Founded: Jul 02, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:43 pm

Puertollano wrote:
TO: Governor Anne Caldwell

Hi Anne,

Let's meet in Detroit. I'll have the campaign cover your flight costs and board. I look forward to seeing you shortly.

Thanks,
Levi.

"Eh... fuck it, might as well." Anne said to herself.

TO: Senator Levi Murphy

Sounds good, see you soon!

Anne decided against putting "xoxo" at the end of her message, opting not to sign her e-mail at all. She grabbed her stuff, including a nice outfit, and drove to the airport.

One whole ass flight later
so 2019, ugh

Arriving in Detroit, Anne decided to check into a nice hotel with a good bar. Understanding the potential gravity of the upcoming meeting she wanted to make sure she's prepared. Caldwell made sure to take a good shower, fix her hair and put on a nice outfit before mailing Murphy her location. Slightly jet-lagged, she pulled out her phone and started typing, all the while putting on nice perfume. An omniscient narrator might say that mixing work and the services of the downstairs hotel bar was a bad idea, but...

To: Senator Levi Murphy

Don't know much about Detroit besides one thing - that I'm here.
Name a nice place and I'll make sure to show up.

xoxo,
Anne with an E

Now all she had to do was wait.
Let Freedom Ring Administrator,
Community Outreach and Application Review Coordinator

Gordano and Lysandus wrote:I swear you are the LOTF Mariah sometimes
(Ironic; me when I see Gord)
Peoples shara wrote: "Die nasty!!111"

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:09 pm

Alozia wrote:
One whole ass flight later
so 2019, ugh

Arriving in Detroit, Anne decided to check into a nice hotel with a good bar. Understanding the potential gravity of the upcoming meeting she wanted to make sure she's prepared. Caldwell made sure to take a good shower, fix her hair and put on a nice outfit before mailing Murphy her location. Slightly jet-lagged, she pulled out her phone and started typing, all the while putting on nice perfume. An omniscient narrator might say that mixing work and the services of the downstairs hotel bar was a bad idea, but...

To: Senator Levi Murphy

Don't know much about Detroit besides one thing - that I'm here.
Name a nice place and I'll make sure to show up.

xoxo,
Anne with an E

Now all she had to do was wait.

Levi arrived at the location, which would happen to be a local Murphy Outreach Office in Detroit. It was hardly the kind of location to get dressed up for, but that's where the Senator insisted that they go. A local volunteer let her into the building, there was a table out back with more comfortable chairs that weren't plastic. Shortly after, Murphy arrived in jeans and a t-shirt. He greeted her with a smile. "Thanks for taking the trip all the way out here, I know it's a bit of a distance, but my schedule as been really packed."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:17 am

Puertollano wrote:Levi arrived at the location, which would happen to be a local Murphy Outreach Office in Detroit. It was hardly the kind of location to get dressed up for, but that's where the Senator insisted that they go. A local volunteer let her into the building, there was a table out back with more comfortable chairs that weren't plastic. Shortly after, Murphy arrived in jeans and a t-shirt. He greeted her with a smile. "Thanks for taking the trip all the way out here, I know it's a bit of a distance, but my schedule as been really packed."

Pulling up in an Uber Lux Anne was disappointed in Levi's choice of location so much so that she stopped by a local library to print out any information related to the cost of her travel which she handed to one of the staffers upon her entry - after all the big man promised to pay (lol).

"Oh, no problem, Levi. I can tell you have a lot on your plate."

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:44 am

Sarenium wrote:
Dentali wrote:

“Job doesn’t open up too often, can’t blame someone in our line of work for ambition and right now you have a powerful gig. A tough one sure but a powerful one, next guy or gal in your office will have his hands full.”

"Who do you think would be best suited to it?" Howard asked, pouring some whiskey in his glass and offering it to Andrew.

Andrew politely refused the glass “I don’t know honestly, our party is on the brink of civil war. Our nation on the brink of a new party system.... I don’t think anyone in leadership could really impact it.”
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:50 am

Dentali wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
"Who do you think would be best suited to it?" Howard asked, pouring some whiskey in his glass and offering it to Andrew.

Andrew politely refused the glass “I don’t know honestly, our party is on the brink of civil war. Our nation on the brink of a new party system.... I don’t think anyone in leadership could really impact it.”

Howard poured Andrew's glass into his own and sipped, "I'm of the opinion you get a veteran in charge of the whip, when we're about to enter as you've called it, a Civil War."

He sipped again, "more to the point, I want to leave this suite of offices to a competent Republican Senator, and one who isn't in lockstep with the hard-right or the RINO centrists. Someone more like you."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:51 am

Porter-Anderson meeting, Anderson's house, Missouri

Porter arrived at Anderson's house, trying to keep it as low-key as possible. He dressed in a proper grey suit, trying not to look as odd as last time. He spoke to the necessary people, and then came in to speak with the Senator.

"Good afternoon, Senator." He said, with warmth and calmness.
Last edited by Emazia on Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Meelducan
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 24, 2016
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Meelducan » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:55 am

Donaldson Offices, New York City

"Hmm, I don't really know Jillian. Being a spoiler in the race and sucking up as much delegates as I can has been working for me so far, likely until I get myself for a new position? I have a few ideas on jobs that I would like to do, offices to be held. What about yourself?"
Marianne 2024:
America's First Healer-In-Chief

Sanabel wrote:SHut the fuck up, Meel is epic

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:01 pm

Alozia wrote:
Puertollano wrote:Levi arrived at the location, which would happen to be a local Murphy Outreach Office in Detroit. It was hardly the kind of location to get dressed up for, but that's where the Senator insisted that they go. A local volunteer let her into the building, there was a table out back with more comfortable chairs that weren't plastic. Shortly after, Murphy arrived in jeans and a t-shirt. He greeted her with a smile. "Thanks for taking the trip all the way out here, I know it's a bit of a distance, but my schedule as been really packed."

Pulling up in an Uber Lux Anne was disappointed in Levi's choice of location so much so that she stopped by a local library to print out any information related to the cost of her travel which she handed to one of the staffers upon her entry - after all the big man promised to pay (lol).

"So, what brings you? I figured this may be important, considering you have come to Detroit to talk."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Emazia
Minister

Founded: May 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Emazia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:05 pm

Porter Retail, Somerset County, Pennsylvania

Porter began his Midwestern tour in Somerset County, meeting with local people in order to further gain support in the essential state. He rose with fervour in his task, knocking on doors, holding meetings with local councillors and state representatives, hoping to gain their backing and endorsements, along with gaining connections and links necessary for both good campaigning and good governance. He focused on speaking to the people of the county as well, in order to help sway it to him not just in the primary but in the general election too.

Porter Retail, Bedford County, Pennsylvania

The next area was Bedford County, where Porter once again spoke to local people, along with hyping up his volunteers and supporters in the area to improve fundraising numbers and make his campaign stronger, along with boosting recruitment and increasing the likelihood of turnout for his more apathetic supporters. He continued his fiery rhetoric, talking about how he would make America great again and finally finish the Wolf legacy, trying to get people who voted for Wolf in 2016, and who normally only voted in November, in his corner and get them for the crucial Pennsylvania primary.

Porter Retail, Erie County, Ohio

After finishing in Pennsylvania, Porter moved to Ohio, where he spoke to local blue-collar workers and spoke regarding the economy. He spoke about his universal tax rebate and how it would eradicate poverty, along with his plans to eliminate unemployment and homelessness through large investments in the American heartland. Trade policies were also on show, as Porter talked about protectionism as well and about how China needed to be kept out of American markets to ensure American businesses and workers thrive, along with national security concerns.

Porter Retail, Knox County, Ohio

After Erie came Knox, and he went knocking in Knox. He once again spoke to what he saw as the concerns of the heartland: jobs and the economy. He first focused on jobs and the need to defend American jobs through strong tariffs against China and agreements with the EU designed to protect American workers, along with increasing investment into the country through a $1 trillion tax cut to both low-income earners and small businesses, plus deregulation measures designed to make doing business easier in America in order to provide more investment alongside government partnerships with the private sector.

Porter Retail, Washington County, Wisconsin

And then after Ohio came Wisconsin. And in Wisconsin Porter continued his Midwestern message of continuing the Wolf legacy. He talked about his experiences with Wolf in the White House, putting him in an almost deistic light and praising him thorough his speeches, speaking about how Wolf trusted him with the defence of the country and the necessity to continue his legacy and keep the strong economy up, along with finally making America great again, and accomplish the old promise that Wolf gave to America in 2016. His appeals were passionate, and he took questions from the audience throughout.

Porter Retail, Dodge County, Wisconsin

In his second Wisconsin jaunt, he went to Dodge County, keep his Midwestern messaging up. Employment was once again a big thing of his, and he attempted to outflank Richardson when it came to the economy, gaining trust on one of the most important issues to voters. However, he also changed it up a bit, speaking about terrorism and foreign policy for a bit, and pushing his military and defence credentials, along with talking about catching not-Snowden and not-Assange, calling them "traitors to the nation" and threatening them with a large prison sentence in a dirty facility.

Porter Retail, Wayne County, Illinois

From Wisconsin to Illinois, Porter carried on, hoping to further boost his margins in the state. He had people, meanwhile, up in Cook County, doing Hispanic outreach, and talking to Hispanic Republicans in Chicago, hoping to gain some proportion of the downstate's delegates, even if a much smaller amount than Richardson. However, Porter himself had focused on consolidating Little Egypt in his favour and speaking to rural voters through simple retail, doing drives through towns and helping motivate his supporters to canvass, donate and go to the polls when the time came.

Porter Retail, Jefferson County, Illinois

Continuing his push in Little Egypt, Porter next went to Jefferson County, working to answer local concerns by specifically talking about the opioid epidemic and how he would combat it. Escalating the War on Drugs was one of his main priorities, and he would make no hesitation to say that he would work to destroy the "great networks" of heroin, cocaine and other dangerous drugs in the US, through a strict federal programme of incarceration and justice for the drug gangs and cartels that made their way into America, along with offering executions to the leaders of such networks, promising to give them the fullest punishment that could be done.

Porter Retail, Effingham County, Illinois

Porter then went on his way to Effingham County, in deep red Wolf territory, and hoping to harness the enthusiasm of the local people for Wolf in 2016 for himself, with him having won over 77% of the vote there, and Porter hoping to repeat that performance in the primary in order to ensure that he would have enough delegates to prevail at the convention. He spoke to local people, once again hoping to motivate them by his presence and by his fire, pushing ahead to speak to as many people as possible, take their questions, hear their concerns and ultimately win their support ready for the 17th.

Porter Retail, Edwards County, Illinois

His last stop in Illinois was to Edwards County, an impoverished, rural, Wolf-supporting area and the sort of area that was his base, and where he needed to win in great margins to seize delegates from Richardson and overturn his advantage two weeks from now. He knew he had to beat Richardson at his own game, and yet victory was coming, and it was coming sooner and faster, like a bullet train rushing against the air. Porter slammed Richardson's background and put it in opposition to his own, starting a culture war-esque conflict, and attempting to polarise working class Republicans behind him and declare Richardson a swamp creature and a product of the establishment.

Porter Retail, Glascock County, Georgia

And from the Midwest to Georgia came the general, riding down upon a metaphorical horse and fashioning himself a motorcade of Chevy trucks to appear in touch with the heartland, and giving himself a grand entrance waving a flag and walking along as he waved to the crowd, acting strong and effectively performing for the media and the cameras. He made a bit of a spectacle of himself, breathing fire into his appearances and getting people to cheer for him as he answered their questions and earned their support.

Porter Retail, Pierce County, Georgia

Number 2 in Georgia was Pierce County, a rural county in Georgia's 1st Congressional District, and voted for Wolf with a whopping 74 point margin. He hoped to do a similar performance, not just within the primary but within the general too. Georgia was a crucial state in both the primary and the general, and the more events in it the better. Even if it was already a sure deal in the primary, a strong margin not only provides necessary momentum, but also an advantage in the general. And so he went on, talking to people, smiling at them, and explaining his stance on issues of the day.

Porter Retail, Tishomonog County, Mississippi

After Georgia, came Mississippi, where Porter did local radio and TV interviews, helping get himself on the air in the local area and further boosting his image and visibility there, in order to reach low-information voters through a casual angle, presenting himself as a working class hero and ensuring that his message reached them and resonated with them, as he spoke with calmness and a personal touch, promoting his ideals there in the countryside.

Porter Retail, Itawamba County, Mississippi

From Tishomonog - the most white county in the state - to Itawamba - the second whitest - went Porter, continuing to push a charm offensive in MIssissippi. This time, he spoke to issues of Southern identity, grilling Richardson for his stance on Confederate monuments, calling it a "disgrace" that "seeks to wipe out our history as Southerners", labelling Richardson a lily-livered liberal with socialist sympathies and declaring that immediate action needed to be taken in order to save America from liberal elites who sought to destroy the very moral fabric of America, destroying Christianity, destroying the family and destroying basic morality itself. He finished off his tour by speaking at the largest settlement in the county and doing a town hall, then shaking hands with the audience and talking with them afterwards to motivate them for the times ahead.
Proud Libertarian Socialist

Resistance is the only path to freedom under tyranny. Power to the people and down with those who would subvert their will. In the name of justice, we must fight.

Anti-capitalist. Anti-fascist. Anti-authoritarian.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:28 pm

Bring Back Our Jobs Tour
Levi Murphy Rally in Michigan
Detroit, Michigan

Next up in the Tour of Michigan was Detroit. In the Democratic Primary in Michigan, the results out of Detroit were one of the most important in the entire state. To pull-off a victory in the state, Levi would need to perform well in Detroit and he believed that he had the right message to do so. One of the problems he faced, however, was the large African-American population that was still (for the most part) undecided in the primary. Team Levi understood that they would need to win over these people, as the only place that Levi won among African-Americans was in California. He was interested in re-creating this success in Michigan, despite the barriers that he would face in doing that. His first stop in Detroit was a majority Black public school. Levi spoke with the students, teachers and parents at the school listening to their concerns. After that, he played a bit of basketball with the students, the campaign social media accounts filmed as he scored hoops in the nets. To the teachers, he promised an immediate pay-rise for the teachers across the country and to properly fund public schools across the country. Levi brought up the destruction of public schools in Michigan because of [not-DeVos] taking money from public education and putting it into private Charter schools.

Levi Murphy then attended a lunch event called Levi for African Americans. Many local African-American community leaders were invited to the event. The lunch would be free and the Senator would talk with all of the community leaders. He would attempt to win them over with his policies on policing, raising the minimum wage and Medicare for All. "Our black brothers and sisters disproportionately are uncovered by private health insurance, healthcare is a human right, and we should all have Medicare - no matter the color of your skin," he explained to the leaders and activists. It would be the inroads with these communities that would help him secure a good margin in Detroit, against Dayton. In public, Levi tried to stay away from being negative about his opponent. That's why an African-American surrogate for the campaign brought up the record of Jillian Dayton. They brought up the failure of the Virginia Department of Justice to care for Black Americans, and their mistreatment of African-Americans. In particular, they brought up how Dayton failed to pardon the African-American man who was innocent of the crimes that were pinned against him. "He's still locked up because of Dayton," they explained to the crowd. A video would be recorded by the campaign of the surrogate explaining this, and it would be sent across social media, including on local Detroit social media pages.

After that, Levi Murphy had his Bring Back Our Jobs Rally in Detroit. It would draw in African-American, Arab-American and white working class audiences, that kind of coalition he needed to win the Michigan primary.

"I want to preface. My name is Levi Murphy, I'm currently the Senator for Minnesota and have been since 2013. During my time in the Senate, I have pushed stringently for progressive policy changes in this country, but I've come to realize we can only get so far when we have a Republican President in the White House. He betrayed large swathes of the working class that he said he would fight for. Look at us, nearly four years later, poverty in stretched across this nation, people's wages are low and staying low and we are still losing our jobs overseas. It's pretty simple: President Wolf turned his back on those people that ballooned him into the White House. That's why I want to be the Democratic nominee, because I believe I can truly win them back. And bring progressive change with it."

"I prefer not to talk about that man all often anyway, if only isolate ourselves solely on the corruption of the President, we will not get to the core of the corruption in the system. This all goes back to the work of the late Martin Luther King, Malcolm X and Bayard Rustin. The mainstream media likes to sanitize the views of these incredible men, and leave out much of the important context that are keeping African-Americans back today. We're talking out inter-generational poverty, the corrupt and racist racial justice system, exploding college debts for our young people and poor access to healthcare. They, the establishment, leave out that Martin Luther King was in favor of universal healthcare! And when he said universal healthcare, he meant universal, none of this "opt-in" baloney. The Poor People's Campaign, during the last years of his life, were focused on the economic liberation of Black folks, coincidentally he was assassinated before he could take the fight any further. Well, what are we waiting for? I want to envision the Poor People's Campaign into my Presidential bid, and I am going to call for radical change to influence the lives of working class people across this nation. Whether they be a person of color in Detroit, or a white man in the coal fields of West Virginia."

"It's all good and well to talk the good talk, but you need to also fight the good fight. I've co-sponsored many progressive bills to introduce multiple half-measures on healthcare, but that merely is not enough. I have introduced the Living Wage Act, to raise the minimum wage and increase it with the rise of inflation, but my policis go beyond a $15 minimum wage. I support Medicare for All (not Medicare for "America", or "for those who want it"), College for All (meaning free college degrees, because education is a right), a Green New Deal (to create a future that is safe and livable for the next generations), ending the costly regime change wars (that rip money from social security, medicare and kill our brothers and sisters overseas) and more. This is only the beginning a new progressive renewal, one that believes in the fundamental rights of all, as American citizens, as humans no less. It's a society that works for the many, not just a select few. Because that's how this country is operating right now. Like George Carlin said; "it's a big club, and you ain't in it!". We need to get corporate money straight out of politics - clean out the corruption - and, in the words of the President, truly drain the swamp. He didn't drain it, he was the biggest swamp monster yet."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:27 pm

Kargintinia wrote:

[Former Congressman Tenson's speech in Malta]

Volker took to the podium and briefly shook hands with Tenson. He had planned on endorsing the former Congressman for some time now, and he was glad to finally get to it. And so, he soon after began his speech.

"Thank you Malta! You know, I always enjoy being in places such as this, I think it helps to remind people like me, those who have the great honour and duty to represent the American people as public servants, of those who we have the distinction of representing, and in turn allows us to strengthen our own moral fortitude and continue to hold ourselves to the highest moral standards for the benefit of our constituents. And let me tell you Malta, that Earl Tenson has held himself to those standards all the time that I have had the honour of knowing him."

"Contrary to the flip-flopping of (Not-Steve Bullock), Earl Tenson has proven himself to be amongst the, if not the prime, defender of the Second Amendment rights of Montanans across the state. Whether that be through his staunch support for gun rights as a Congressman, or in his policy of declaring Montana a 'Second Amendment sanctuary state', I know that Earl Tenson is the only candidate in this race with a proven track record of consistently defending the right to bear arms."

"Speaking of defending rights, I know that Mr Tenson is a true advocate for the sanctity of life and family values. Across the entirety of my time with Earl I have known him to be a truly exceptional defender of the rights of countless unborn Americans to enjoy the right to life and existence from the point of conception and indeed, the rights that all of us here today are fortunate to possess as Americans."

"I also know that former Congressman Tenson is the best man to ensure that the economic prosperity that the United States had enjoyed since the accession of President Wolf to the presidency is able to be fully tapped into by the great state of Montana and its people. Unlike the so-called 'leadership' that Montanans have seen from (Not-Bullock), I am deeply confident that Earl Tenson's leadership as Governor will enable countless numbers of blue-collar and middle-class Montanans in the natural resource and energy sectors to get working again by providing American enterprise with the support and permits that they need to ensure that economic prosperity is embedded all across this truly exceptional state."

"Under the tenure of (Not-Bullock), Montana has seen its broadband network languish through severe neglect, being ranked as the lowest state in terms of broadband connectivity, with 80% of Montanas having no access to finer optic broadband whatsoever. Under Governor Tenson, I know that the disservice done to the businesses of Montana and the people that rely on their services and employment across the entirety of this state will come to an end. Earl Tenson's leadership in Helena will see the untapped potential of this state finally used through incentivising tech companies to locate here, bringing substantial investment with them and allowing the economic prosperity of the Wolf and Tawney administrations to truly establish itself in the long-term for Montana."

"I have had the true honour and distinction to have known Earl Tenson for more than a decade now and to have worked with him in the House across the entirety of that period for the benefit of the United States. I know that he will bring the values of moral decency, optimism and vision that he has consistently used in Washington to bring truly dynamic leadership the Helena for the benefit of all Montanans and put Montana amongst the forefront of our great union. On June 2nd, Montana, I say to you to vote for the only candidate that has a proven track record for supporting the family, to vote for the only candidate who is truly able to defend your Second Amendment rights, and the only candidate that will put Montanans first. That candidate is Earl Tenson."
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:46 pm

Thomas Volker Interview
3/2/2020
Intro Song Plays

Donald Pauer: Good afternoon ladies, gentlemen, and Democrats. This is Iron Don Pauer, your one and only source for conservative truth in the temple of lies known as the American media. Today we have the honor of hosting Congressman from Missouri and House Minority Leader Tom Volker. Congressman?

Thomas Volker: Afternoon Sir. It‘s great to be on this program with you today.

Pauer: It's an honor to have you. Now, a congressional committee recently questioned Attorney General Michael Jones about the so-called "Midwest Massacre." Can you tell us about this?

Volker: Of course. Now, the Republicans serving on the House Judiciary have been extremely succesful in providing the Amrican people with the reassurances regarding the morality of those that have the great honour of representing them in public office as well as providing Attorney General Jones with a fair and impartial hearing. However, it is extremely unfortunate to see radical Democrats attempt to use the hearing in order generate a brazen witch-hunt against the Wolf and Tawney administrations for their own political gain.

Pauer: I see. Personally I think it's ludicrous that wack-job liberal congressmen are getting involved in judicial affairs. Attorney General Jones was appointed by President Wolf and confirmed by Congress, he's a trained, experienced, and highly competent prosecutor, and the Democrats need to let him do his job. But of course, being the rabid Wolf-haters that they are, they'll seize on any chance to smear the President and his supporters, and on the taxpayer's dime of course.

Volker: Indeed. We’ve seen countless times where the Democrats have refused to work with Republicans in both Congress and the White House in favour of pushing political attacks unbecoming of their offices. Whether that be Congressman Franklin’s truly appalling remark that President Wolf was ‘selfish’ for resigning or even the behaviour of many Democrats on the House Judiciary Committee. And time and time again the Democratic leadership has failed to condemn these remarks and take the leadership that the American people expect them to.

Pauer: And let’s not forget that Arthur Franklin was on the committee that questioned Attorney General Jones. The man is mentally unstable, he’s not fit to weave baskets, much less sit in Congress. But the Democrats protect their own, of course, no matter how corrupt, from Sharansky to Franklin and all the rest. But of course there’s nothing we can do to undermine the power wielded by far-left demagogues like Ibrahim Simpson— whose ties to the Nation of Islam are well-documented, by the way— until we take back the House this November. Speaking of which, what is on the agenda for House Republicans in the next few months, Congressman?

Volker: The House Republican Conference over the next few months will be pushing to support Americans from all across our great country. For example, we intend to place the Savings Act to another vote in order to reduce the penalties on American savers and thus enable continued economic growth and prosperity within the United States. We also intend to defend religious freedom in this great nation by putting the Academic Freedom and Thought Act to a vote on the House floor and defend the practice of teaching intelligent design within schools.

Pauer: The Democrats have resisted Republican attempts to bring those bills to the House floor, I hear, in favor of pushing though progressive legislation that accomplishes nothing more than staunching bleeding hearts in California and New York. They've repeatedly proven they're more worried about pandering to far-left nut cases than actually healing our economy, our families, and Middle America. Congressman, do you think we have a good chance of retaking the House this November?

Volker: I really we have an exceptional chance of retaking the House come November. We’ve seen an extremely positive response to our weekly twitter town halls that allow the American people themselves to ask the questions that they want to know the answers to. The Democrats in contrast have failed to provide the American people with the same level of transparency and accountability that Republican leadership has consistently used.

Pauer: And Americans are smart people, bold people, exceptional people. We can be sure that the message that sends will resonate with them. Speaking of Congress, I would like to have your thoughts on tomorrow's upcoming primaries, Congressman Volker.

Volker: Well, we in the Republican Party have two very talented candidates for the nomination and I think we’ve certainly still got an interesting campaign ahead. One thing is for certain though, both Governor Richardson and Secretary Porter will allow us to retake the House come November for the benefit of the American people. We only need to look so far at the other side of the aisle to see how low of a priority the demands and values of the American people are, whether that be Senator Murphy narrowly avoiding censure for backing Iran in its agression against the United States, or Senator Dayton’s clear apathy towards the plight of minority Americans in the recent debate. The Democrats have proven themselves to take for granted the support of Americans across our great country, and they’ll be in for a surprise entering the general whichever Republican wins the nomination.

Pauer: Don't even get me started on the Democratic primary, or you won't get a chance to speak for the rest of the program, Congressman. [Laughs] Regardless, what about the downballot races? Texas in particular is very competitive, and former Senator Gaspard has seen some Twitter blowback which could damage his chances.

Volker: I’ve had the honour of meeting both Republican candidates over the course of this year and I know that either General Frankston or Congressman Clay will be truly exceptional in serving Texans in the United States Senate. However, if there is one thing that we learned from last year, it’s that we Republicans need to stand united as a party moving into the general and ensure that radical Democrats like Mayor Baines are prevented from forcing their agenda onto the people of Texas. Admittedly, I haven’t spoken to former Senator Gaspard at any great length but it’s clear to me that he is a true advocate for the interests of Lousianans as we’ve seen countless times. Whether it be through his tenure as Mayor of Kaplan as well as his service in both houses of Congress. I have every confidence that former Senator Gaspard will once again have the honour of representing the great state of Lousiana in the Senate.

Pauer: Party unity is always a fleeting thing, but I think we're doing a better job than the Democrats, at least— not that that's a high bar to jump. Now, unless you have anything to add, Congressman, I think our program's drawing to a close. But I do have one more question for you. Which football team are you rooting for this season?

Volker: [Laughs] Ah, well for that I have to say I’m rooting for the Kansas City Chiefs from my home state.

Pauer: As could be expected! Thank you for joining me today Congressman.

Volker: Thank you for having me on sir. It's been an honour.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:49 pm

Meelducan wrote:
Donaldson Offices, New York City

"Hmm, I don't really know Jillian. Being a spoiler in the race and sucking up as much delegates as I can has been working for me so far, likely until I get myself for a new position? I have a few ideas on jobs that I would like to do, offices to be held. What about yourself?"

"Depends, what position is it you're looking to pick up?" she offered him an opportunity to name his price.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:53 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Alozia wrote:Pulling up in an Uber Lux Anne was disappointed in Levi's choice of location so much so that she stopped by a local library to print out any information related to the cost of her travel which she handed to one of the staffers upon her entry - after all the big man promised to pay (lol).

"So, what brings you? I figured this may be important, considering you have come to Detroit to talk."

"Well..." Anne started. "I couldn't help but notice that the primaries are in full swing. Back in the day, I promised you to talk about a possible endorsement, so here I am."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:56 pm

Alozia wrote:
Puertollano wrote:

"Well..." Anne started. "I couldn't help but notice that the primaries are in full swing. Back in the day, I promised you to talk about a possible endorsement, so here I am."

"You couldn't have come at a better time, then, Governor. The primary in Washington is soon to be underway, as I'm sure you're aware."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Republick Deutschland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Republick Deutschland » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Paul Rodman
2020 Senate Campaign
Martins Ferry, Ohio

Paul drove down to Martins Ferry early that morning, and by noon was alongside campaign assistants knocking on doors across town. That afternoon, he visited several downtown business owners. Around suppertime, he mounted the stage in the bar for his speech.

"Hello Martins Ferry!!! I want you all to think about something for a moment. Estimate about how much bullsh*t can be spewed in one week.
-he paused
"In Jack Vichter's case, it's immeasurable. First, it was his ad that's been circulatin' around recently. -he changed his voice to that of a mocking tone. OoOOoOOoH, pAul RoDmaN lObBbYiSTttTtT. -he paused again.

He raised his eyebrows. "What? I was never a lobbyist. Jack Vichter's been digging up so much dirt on me, -or suggested dirt, that he doesn't even bother to look at my facts! I'm going to let y'all judge me by my record. I voted against NAFTA. Against Obamacare. Against nearly every useless and money-wasting bill since the 90's. Jack Vichter likes to talk about my ego. My selfishness. Well, I only have one response for that. Er, two actually. First off, I have worked tirelessly for the people of the 14th District. Delivering tax cuts, millions and millions of jobs, and fought to protect our trade rights. My other response? I know something Jack Vichter has that's tiiiiny (He made a tiny pinching finger signal with his hands), and it's certainly not his ego.

So, you might've seen those witch hunt hearings in the judiciary committee recently? Simpson, he's an old cow but he knows how to rally his troops. They hounded and interrogated Attorney General Jones to give them classified information, or information they didn't even have yet! Luke Hawthorne, don't get me wrong, committed some serious crimes -allegedly, and he should be punished for those crimes. If, as AG Jones suggested, Senator Sharansky committed FAR FAR FAR more of their share of the crimes than Hawthorne. See what we mean when we say Democrats are corrupt? Our good friend, Lil' Jack and the Beanstalk over here, has taken so much dirty money! Dirty, dirty money you couldn't wash if you soaked it in bleach. Reminds me of an old Looney Toons episode. Bugs Bunny, he's standin' there. "Finster Finster, how many times do I have to tell you not to play with the dirty money?!"

Jack Vichter's a Democrat. You know this already. If Jack Vichter wins in November, that delegates our great Buckeye State two Democrat senators. Can't forget the old Derlnilski rag. Sending another Democrat to the Senate might give them a senate majority. You know what happens when we get Levi Murphy and Caroline Simone control of our government? Radical, liberal, communist policies like eliminating the filibuster, medicare for all, INSANE increases in YOUR taxes, and so much more. Corporate elitist snobs like Governor Vorhees and Dayton will give away all your jobs to Mexico and China, and open up trade tariff-free to every Jim, Joe, John, and Jack out there. Jack Vichter will work with them. We can only protect our core American values if we uphold the institutions that are the first line of defense. The United States Congress, The United States Senate, and perhaps most important of all; The Presidency. But, let's say that Bernie Porter or Nate Richardson win. If the Democrats take the Senate and hold the house, the next four years will be nothing but arguing, gridlock, and disgusting displays of elitism from the Donkey Party.

They're party ensign is a donkey, because that's all they are. Mules for communism in the United States."

He stepped off the stage, and clapping ensued. He walked through the crowd, waving and shaking hands. He kissed a few babies, too. He headed down the street and stayed in a local hotel.

While in the hotel, he gave a ring to his Louisianan friend Hypolite Gaspard.

"Carrie's Sugar Baby"
Run 3/1 - 4/1
Across Ohio

Lil' Jack loves him some green stuff
He uses it to buy lollipops, but I wonder where he gets it from?
Carrie Simone, of course! Lil' Jack is her sugar baby.
Jack does the dirty work and gets some cash in return
Look, they even send cute selfies!
Sending him to Washington will just push him further into the pockets of Mommy Simone
Support Paul Rodman for Senate
Representative Daniel Eck (R-Michigan)
Senate Candidate Paul Rodman (R-Ohio)

Agarntrop
Powerbroker

Founded: May 14, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Agarntrop » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:54 pm

Emazia wrote:Porter-Anderson meeting, Anderson's house, Missouri

Porter arrived at Anderson's house, trying to keep it as low-key as possible. He dressed in a proper grey suit, trying not to look as odd as last time. He spoke to the necessary people, and then came in to speak with the Senator.

"Good afternoon, Senator." He said, with warmth and calmness.

Anderson was positioned in his chair, and to great pain attempted to stand up to shake Porter's hand.
Labour Party (UK), Progressive Democrat (US)
Left Without Edge
Former Senator Barry Anderson (R-MO)

Governor Tara Misra (R-KY)

Representative John Atang (D-NY03)

Governor Max Smith (R-AZ)

State Senator Simon Hawkins (D-IA)

Join Land of Hope and Glory - a UK political RP project

Alozia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Alozia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:00 pm

Puertollano wrote:
Alozia wrote:"Well..." Anne started. "I couldn't help but notice that the primaries are in full swing. Back in the day, I promised you to talk about a possible endorsement, so here I am."

"You couldn't have come at a better time, then, Governor. The primary in Washington is soon to be underway, as I'm sure you're aware."

"Well of course, Senator."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse