NATION

PASSWORD

World Lacrosse Championships 36 - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Commonwealth of Baker Park
Minister

Founded: Jan 10, 2018
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Commonwealth of Baker Park » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:33 pm

The Commonwealth of Baker Park National Lacrosse team is ready for WLC 36 with a veteran core returning. They used the recent AOLC tournament to refine the style that the team has come to be known for--a solid defensive core with a multi-pronged attack.

The side has built up the nation's profile and reputation in the sport since their debut in WLC 29, earning a place in the top 10. BP Lacrosse Association Chairwoman Dawn Thornton currently serves as Vice President of the World Lacrosse Council.

Style Mod--+1.9

13  	Darryl Dillion		23  MF
10 Lynn Nash 27 DF
8 Sandra Jefferson 24 DF
4 Greg Rose 22 MF
18 Jacob Kohl 24 DF
17 Dana Dillon 26 DF
14 Eddie Barnwell 27 DF
11 Hayley Magditch 27 AT
6 Paige Cooper 26 AT
12 Scott Locksley 23 MF
19 Andrea Middleton 27 GK
3 Grace Greene 25 MF
2 Elissa Kramer 25 MF
9 Alex Brennan 24 DF
7 Ben Appleman 23 AT
5 Morgan Bohmenstiehl 28 AT
1 Rachel Baldwin 26 MF
16 Eric Lennox 23 MF
15 Danielle Grimaldi 23 AT
20 Mackenzie Parker 23 GK

starters in bold

Head Coach—Brittany Franklin
Assistants—Mark Ellis
Shannon Fries
Kevin Vargas

Permissions--Yes
Rugby World Cup 36 Champions/ AOCAF 62 & 66 Champions
2x Under-18 World Cup (SWC 5&9) Champions
DBC 53/74th U21 World Cup Champions
Eagles Cup 13 Runner-Up
Baptism of Fire 67 Runner-Up
AOCAF LVIII (co-hosts), LX Third Place
World Cup 85, AOCAF LXIII, Women's World Cup 15 Fourth Place
World Cup 90 Quarterfinals (Co-hosts)
World Cup 81/82/83/84(co-hosts)/86/87/88/94 Round of 16
World Cup 80/89/91/92/93 Group Stage
Basketball
AOBC 5 Champions
Football
NSCF 5x Mineral Conference Champions (18/19/20/21/23)
Lacrosse
WLC President
WLC 38 Third Place
WLC 34/41 Fourth Place
WLC 30/31(host)/32/33/35/36/37 (host)/39 Quarterfinal
WLC 29 Playoff Round

Rugby 7's AORC 1&2 Champions
AO Twenty20 Runner-up

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:52 pm

Part I
Part II

Maharaja= Emperor
Lukiiko= Parliament

Part 3

Setting- Banijan Civil War, early 1841, about 30 miles north of Busembe, Kitara Region, Banija, the next day(Maharaja Sebowa)

Maharaja Sebowa was always somebody who believed that he was fighting with God on his side. He knew that he was the rightful ruler of Banija- over 200 years ago, his forefather was granted the divine right to rule over what had once been an Empire, and even during the Quebecois colonization, his father had emphasized the importance of the family birthright.

The defunct crown had spent quite a while being passed from brother to brother. Maharaja Karungu was the father of three sons, and Karungu was forced to abdicate from the throne when Banijan forces unconditionally surrendered to the much stronger Quebecois forces back in 1815. From then, it passed between his sons, who were brothers. Karungu's oldest son, Mvemba, took the role of Pretender from 1815 to 1827. Mvemba and Karungu both died on the same day, in July 1827, when they were trampled by an elephant during a hunting party.

Karungu's second son, Mutungi, was in charge for six years and could never produce an heir. Unambitious and, frankly, not suited for the job(in the eyes of Sebowa, anyways), he died in his sleep in a tragic accident soon after he finally had found a wife in 1833. Sebowa had gotten married young, at 16, and had 4 children already. Mutungi had waited, and had found a wife. But almost as soon as that had happened, he died in his sleep. Only Sebowa truly knew what had happened that night- why his brother was dead. He never tried to dwell on that night. Sebowa knew he was the cause. But Sebowa figured that was the price to pay. Sebowa had grander ambitions than sitting around for his weak, older brother to have a son and kick him out of line for the throne. He did what he had to do - for himself, for his legacy, for his country.

When Sebowa became Pretender to the Throne in 1833, he had immediately declared his intention to ensure Banija's independence. He didn't' start negotiations for a while though. He tried to unite the Kasanke behind his vision. Just being an independent nation wouldn't mean anything, if he could not make it in his image. They wouldn't resurrect the Lukiiko- there was no need to have any sort of legislature. Banija would go back to traditional governance, with the Maharaja, on the advice of elders of the Kasanke, would be guided by him.

Sebowa knew that he would be able to fulfill that vision. The youngest son of an Emperor- and yet, he was the only one of the three who had sons. Three of them! Fertile. Securing Banija's future. Once he united the voices that mattered behind his vision, he was able to secure Banija's independence, purely on his terms. The country quickly wrote a Constitution, put him in charge, and gave nominal power to local and regional and minority tribe governments.

Quebec's soldiers left, and almost immediately, the Civil War began. It was chaos. The Bakossa tribe. The Kitara Tribe. The Iturbide Tribe. At least the Mukegara accepted his rule. But these three tribes- refusing to recognize this government, saying he was "tyrannical"- as if he, the Lords' guiding light for Banija, could ever be anything close to that word. He had done what he had to do to send the proper messages that he would not be disobeyed. And yet, the war went on and on and on.

He thought, three years ago, when he killed all of Chief Musa Obi's sisters, that he had sent a strong enough message- that Banijans should not rebel against their Maharaja, their Emperor. Unfortunately, it had only made them fight harder. And then the events that led to this. The divinely appointed ruler of his people, sitting, wtih his sons, his wife, and his daughter, alone and trapped in a prison of the Kitara Tribe.

"Sebowa." His wife said. "Are we going to be OK? What are they going to do?"

"My love," He said. "There's no way they will harm a hair on our head. I am the Emperor. Who knows what's happening now? But they'll let us go. The Quebecois will land at the Capitol soon, and when they do-"

"SEBOWA!" One of the guards yelled. Sebowa then stood up. "The Chief wants to see you." The guard said.

"You mean, the traitor." Sebowa said back, glaring. The guard walked up and struck him, punching him straight in the eye. Then, he picked Sebowa up off the ground, and three guards dragged the Warrior-King to the quarters of Chief Musa Obi. Once he was there, there were 4 people, seated at a table. Chief Musa Obi, two others whom Sebowa thought were the Chief's brothers, and then, what looked to be a General.

"Greetings." Sebowa said. "Your Emperor is in the room." And as a guard smacked him for his insolence, he simply rubbed his cheek and looked at Chief Obi in the eyes. This would be quite the interrogation.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:26 am

The Sour Kind
"I only know one thing, that is I know nothing"

Commentaries| Timothy Jozua

Mapletish 16-6 Northwest Kalactin: Unknown head coach Jonathan Ford welcomes first victory under his rein

Not much was expected for the Dragons as they travelled to Sylestone for the World Lacrosse Championships. Though, even with the least of high hopes and enthusiasm from the Maplish back at home, the Dragons managed a victory against 30th ranked Northwest Kalactin in their maiden match back in the multiverse lacrosse scene since World Lacrosse Championship 25. The crowd at Avondale International Sports Stadium were seemingly enthusiastic as the players from both countries warm up on the pitch before the match got underway. Ford like his counter party in association football was thrown into the fray and had to fend for himself particularly because they were leading particularly weakened teams in their multiverse sports competition.

The game commenced evenly as the Northwest Kalactin though were quick to capitalise on their advantage as the higher ranked team and fired three goals in quick succession. Athletic forwards from the Northwest Kalactin side put the Maplish defence off. Jessie Briggs was constantly out ran and outgunned by Northwest Kalactin's best athlete on their team, John Peterson. Ford would try to double team Paterson in an attempt to keep him at bay after he fired successive goals against the Maplish defence in the first quarter. Being 3-0 up was something to let go steam off if this was a football match, but things change quickly in lacrosse.

Quick link up plays between Lyle Chambers and Tommy Reid caught the Northwest Kalactin defence by surprise as the Dragons managed a 3-3 comeback, with Maxwell, Mason and Chavez banging in the goals seconds before the first quarter end to bring the score to 3-3 at the end of the first quarter. The Maplish side were slow to get themselves up after having been pressured right from the start of the game by Northwest Kalactin who was merciless in attack and their quick link up amongst their players showed flair and experience from a much more experienced team than the young Maplish side. Having never experienced professional lacrosse in their careers, the Dragons were shook rather badly.

The second quarter was Northwest Kalactin's to take once again as they were faster in getting right in the momentum bringing their plays through a capable midfield which consists of team captain Ryan Rivera, who is the heart and soul of the Northwest Kalactin's team, together with capable Jason Gonzalez and Scott Long. The great one two plays and successive passing link ups helped the Northwest Kalactin side to break through the rigid Maplish play which was evident considering the lack of experience and flair the Maplish team went into the competition with. Peterson, Jones and Campbell, the attacking trio for the Northwest Kalactin all had their chances in front of goal, as Stanley, Briggs and Webb had their full of trying to defend against the spewing of attacks from the Northwest Kalactin's side. Northwest Kalactin were 6-3 up by the time they were done.

It was the Dragons turn to chase the score line as they brought the game back to 6-6 before the 2nd quarter end. A long attempt from Tommy Reid marked the start of the comeback. Together with goals from Maxwell and Mason securing the 6-6 scoreline before going into the 3rd quarter. From the 3rd quarter onwards, the Dragons turned up a notch as they secured 5 more goals in courtesy of extensive flank play from Lyle Chambers and Maxwell linking up well with Chavez who was the greatest goal contributor in the third quarter. Securing all 5 of the comeback goals in the 3rd quarter, the Dragons were able to turn the tables around to 11-6, leading for the first time in the game.

The 4th quarter was no exception for Northwest Kalactin as they were only to chase the cloud of steam left by the Maplish side as this time round, the focus shifted to the centre of the pitch as the defensive players got themselves involved with passing quadrants formed around the pitch and the rigid formation pulled through as their opponents akin to playing monkey in the quarter as the Dragons claw back another 5 goals, securing the final 16-6 victory for the Maplish side.

Head coach Jonathan Ford, was one who was the least expected of such a surprise victory, was ecstatic yet cautioned against complacency. "I was happy to have won our opening match, it seems to us that this is a statement match for the Dragons to look too however, there are tougher challenges in front of us, and we are still expected to drop points ahead of us, that is for sure. We showed that however, we are up to the challenge and whatever obstacles that are thrown at us, we take them as they come."

The Dragons faced Cascadia in matchday 2, a match which the Dragons are expected to get some points from. We will see you then!
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 am

Team Cassadaigua- WLC 36

Team Nickname: Fillies and/or Dagans
Demonym: People from Cassadaigua are called Cassadagans, or simply, Dagans. However, if you call us something else like Cassadaiguans, I simply look at it as that is how your nation references us, and don’t get concerned about it.

Uniforms:
Home: Pink with black lettering and trim.
Away: Black with pink lettering and trim. (If clashes with opponent- Will wear home uniform).

Roster
(Regular Starters In Green)
(Bench Players In Red)

Goalkeepers:

#1- Amanda Douglas (26)
#20- Crystal Ogilvie (25)
#21- Stefanie Donaldson (23)

Defense:
#2- Brittany Wilson (29)
#7- Kristen Gratton (21)
#5- Hannah Tromblay (27)

#4- Melissa O’Connor (29)
#3- Jessica Salazar (28)
#6- Nicole Wohlers (20)

Midfield:
#8- Kelsey Barker (29)
#10- Lexi Looper (27)
#17- Sierra Morganstern (26)

#13- Becca Landover (21)
#14- Brittany Chaffin (32)
#16- Nicole Werner (28)

Attack:
#9- Stacey Proctor (27)
#11- Jessica Crockett (36)- Team Captain & Likely leading scorer. You wouldn't know she was 36 if it wasn't listed. Still agile and plays like a 24 year old.
#12- Shelby Chandler (27)

#12- Jenna Price (27)
#18- Rachel Harris (19)
#19- Jenna Matthews (19)

Coach: Sarah Cortez (48)
Asst Coach: Katie Jones (46)

Team Notes:
- Team is neutral in focus, both offensively and defensively.
- Team is not looking to be excessively physical, and will shy away from any cheap actions. Physical play is kept within the rules. However, if others get cheap will us, they will respond accordingly. They are not afraid to throw punches (or receive them) from male players (especially Gratton and Proctor), but will only do so in response to an opponent's actions, they do not instigate it. Instigating something with Proctor is not advised unless your player is exceptionally good at fighting.
-- WLC 36 is the first tournament for both coach Sarah Cortez, and her assistant, Katie Jones.

Style: +3

RP Permissions
Choose my goal scorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: Yes, but only say they were hurt. I will determine the severity.
Godmod Injuries to my players: No
Suspend my players: Yes, but no more then one more then you suspend of your own.
Godmod suspension events: No
Godmod other events: Doubtful, but TG me if you have something interesting you think I might like, and I may go along.
Last edited by Cassadaigua on Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:31 am

Planning blamed for opening day WLC loss,
By Kenzie Sherman, Concord Heights Times

In World Lacrosse Championships 36, the team has a new coach, as Sarah Cortez replaces Michelle Carter as the leader of the team. Carter, now 59, opted to not return to the team for this competition, citing a desire to stay home and give an opportunity to someone else. When that announcement was made, it was thought that assistant coach Heather McMahon would get the chance, but McMahon was passed by in favor of Cortez. McMahon posted on Spacebook at the time of the announcement that, “I was surprised to learn that I was not going to be given an opportunity to coach the team in Sylestone, and have been given an explanation for the move that I do not agree with. There is no point in me griping about this decision any further than this post, and for the sake of all the great players on the team, I hope that Sarah is successful.” The departed Michelle Carter also had said that, “I fully endorsed Heather McMahon to be my replacement.” Sarah Cortez has tried to stay out of the controversy, and hopes to get the support of the team, some of which might still feel loyal to Carter and McMahon.

The captain of the team is the ageless 36-year old Jessica Crockett, who if you did not know she was 36, you would never guess that she was. Crockett, however, has plenty of experience under Michelle Carter, and her Spacebook post that, “I was a little disappointed to learn that Heather was not going to be given a chance to manage the team, but we must rally together and get behind Sarah Cortez and wish her the best!” With all of this sentiment seeming to favor McMahon instead of Cortez, it is obvious that the new coach has a lot of work to do to get the support of the team. Her opening day blunder will not help matters. In fact, it will only fuel the fire of the team.

Jessica Crockett could have kept quiet about the whole thing, but her coming out and explaining the blunder to the Dagan fanbase has gotten people fired up. In her post, Crockett said, “Sarah told us the game would be played at 8pm. I never thought that was right, but she insisted that is when the game would be played, so we were all getting prepared for that time of the game. Then, at 2pm, we are being told that we have to get to the field immediately, because the game starts in an hour. I am like, ‘what the hell is this?” Those weren’t my exact words, but you get the idea. Usually in the afternoon of an evening start, I and many of us are getting in a little nap. I was asleep when I got the call. So, now I have to get all my (censored) stuff together in a hurry, get on the (censored) bus and hurry to the (censored) stadium, where we have to have a very (censored) abbreviated warm up session to play the game. Which, oh by the way, is against the hosts, so we have to deal with the loud fans of the home team. In every respect, this whole thing is (censored) comical and a disgrace to our team. I tried to tell her leading up to the game that I felt the game was earlier but she was like oh no, it's at 8pm. Every (censored) time we tried to say something, that was the answer. How the (censored) do you make that mistake at this level?”

Sarah Cortez has apologized for her error, but it does seem like she may have lost the locker room. Players up and down the roster have been siding with Jessica Crockett, and following the post, the media has been eating Cortez alive for this error. Personally, I do not know how you can make that kind of an error, and it is a pretty good reason for why this team played so badly against Sylestone. Not that you ever want to make excuses, but at least here you can kind of agree with it. The best news for the team is that they are going into their off day now, so Cortez will have an opportunity to get back the locker room. If she doesn’t, things could get very interesting with this team.

OOC- The motivation for this RP is my personal missing of cutoff time, thinking I had to 8pm my time, and not 8pm UTC.
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:51 am

Taylor Bond was, to put it mildly, a stereotypical lax bro.

He had the look for it with shaggy brown hair down to his shoulders, a preppy outfit for winter days and a very bro-y look in the summer. He also got shitfaced drunk on weekends, preferring to spend the bulk of his time away from class, work, or lacrosse practices in the gym.

He would easily be dismissed as a meathead if not for the fact that he took several honours classes in uni, to go along with advanced level classes in secondary school. He was majoring in sports administration and he was doing research into the administrations of several recent competitions. He looked up the thirtieth edition of the International Basketball Championships and scoured it, looking for the Cassadagan team.

"Hey, Phil," he said to the somewhat bookwormish classmate sitting across from him at the library. They were assigned to the same group project in class. Phil was studying the current World Lacrosse Championships and noted with surprise Cassadaigua's 6-2 defeat to host nation Sylestone, which itself was a surprise since most Sarzonian media outlets predicted that Banija would earn the host bid.

"Come look at this," Bond said. Phil stepped away from his station and walked over to Bond's.

"Do you see Cassadaigua in this tournament at all?"

"No, they never submitted their paperwork," Phil said. "They did some cleaning house after that."

"No shit!" Bond said.

"Say," Phil said. "They just lost to Sylestone."

"Really? They're claiming they didn't know what time the game was supposed to start because their new coach insisted it was a night match and they had to play at 1500."

"How the fuck do you make a mistake like that?"

"Beats me."

"Looks like we've got our topic then. Lack of organization by Cassadaiguan sport officials. Maybe we can use it to prove men are superior to women!" Bond said with a laugh. When he saw Phil give him a stony expression in return, he said, "I was KIDDING!"

He'd submitted the information in the report outlining the error by Cassadagan sporting officials with basketball and the lacrosse team's defeat on opening day, but without the obvious sexism which he really meant as a joke.

As for Phil, he was looking up information that he'd somehow lucked into among Sarzonian lacrosse insiders into how the Sylestone hosting bid won out over the Banijan bid. Rumours were circulating that the Incorporated Sarzonian Lacrosse Federation opted not to vote since Jonathan Price, the Sarzonian official named as President of the World Lacrosse Championships, had opted to use the vote only in the event that a Sarzonian vote were necessary to break a tie. The vote was reported as 4-3 in favour of Sylestone's bid, and Price was questioned why he'd opted not to vote, in particular since rumours suggested that Price was leaning in favour of the Banijan bid.

"Precedent," Long said as he looked over Phil's shoulder on his way back from the restroom. "Price is focused on establishing norms and precedents for the future of the WLC, even beyond the written constitution which he and the ISLF board drafted."

"I guess that makes sense," Phil said.
Last edited by Sarzonia on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Saint-Domingues
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint-Domingues » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:31 am

RTD News' Robin Farage is live and speaking to the captain of the Saint-Domingue representation, Colin Anderson

RF: Colin, first game and not the result you were hoping for. How are you feeling?
CA: Yeah, everyone is a bit disappointed to begin things with a loss. But it was a very tight one, we scored plenty of goals and pushed Juvencus all the way. Both of us were making our first ever appearance doing this kind of thing and to play some exciting lacrosse with lots of goals, we feel upbeat about that and hope everyone watching back home liked it.

RF: What do you think went wrong for you to lose?
CA: I don't think anything went wrong really, because at another time we could have won this, it was really close. Both of us were trying hard to attack and score as much as we can, sometimes games are really open. Me and my other defenders might not be seen as the stars because of the scoreline, but the way coach [Pere Sánchez] wants us to play is have our defenders start the attacks. And I think we did that pretty good.

RF: So you are supportive of Pere Sánchez's tactics, even though it might lead to you and your defenders getting some criticism at times?
CA: Yes. First and foremost we want to have fun and make sure the guys watching us have fun too. When we were playing before, I lived for hearing the crowds gasp and cheer. I'm a defender, but I don't want us to play defensive. I want us to try and score goals. We're all a team, it is not just defenders and attackers. We win together and lose together.

And now we are able to speak with the head coach of the university team at Dessalines, Pere Sánchez

RF: Pere, how much preparation had gone into this game?
PS: Loads and loads, we had been preparing for this for a very long time. The selection for who was going to represent their country was not just a matter of the union picking the players like it was for some countries, we had a whole run of the Tremblay Cup to determine this. It has been going on over a whole season, where we played lots of different colleges and university teams to come out on top. From the start of the year to the last we were training hard every week, and even after we got our hands on the trophy we then had to keep focused and know that we are going to come up against some of the best sides there are. Everyone needed to be at their best, and focus a lot. Which is hard when you manage students! These guys already won something and want to celebrate, so I needed to keep focus there. But they also have a lot of exams coming up, it's a very unique position managing players of this kind. Some of the guys we are gonna come up against are professionals, there is a big contrast.

RF: Are you expecting a gulf in quality for these upcoming games?
PS: For a few of them. Some of the sides here have played in championships before, they have represented their country already, this is all a first time for us. As it was for Juvencus, and I think us two newbies were pretty even. Colin told you guys earlier on another day we could have won and I agree with them. We make sure we can score goals and we are always in the games. I like the way that Nettario Bonaparte has his boys play, we made sure there was a really good game today for everyone watching.

RF: In which case, can we expect the same tactics in the next game against Silvedania?
PS: Yes, and you can against the top-ranked sides like Cassadaigua too. Listen, we don't have expectations here. We just want to make some memories at a World Championships. I would rather some of our players be able to say they scored at a competition like this than go ultra-defensive and still lose. We want to give ourselves and viewers something to remember about us.
Last edited by Saint-Domingues on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Soldera
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 29, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Soldera » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:15 am

Soldera Snakes roster

Coach: Mark Davis, 48 years old
Assistant Coaches: Bill Peterson, 55 years old
Cavan Jackson, 40 years old

Style modifier: +3
Permissions: No killing, no pandemics (COVID or otherwise). Otherwise, have fun!

GOALIES:
35 Chris Marquez, 31 years old, 5-foot-11, 185 pounds
29 Len Hawes, 27 years old, 6-foot-1, 210 pounds
37 Cloris Barclay, 30 years old, 5-foot-6, 145 pounds

DEFENDERS
11 Spencer Mathis
17 Dylan Tunney
43 Rose Crenshaw
28 Dave Tillman
31 Joey García
32 Mikey Baker
40 Kyle Bradley
44 Travis Studebaker
49 Matt Firestone

MIDFIELDERS
2 Terence Cole
5 Cam Blakely
9 Micah Hawley

12 Gloria Bunning
15 Rylan Taylor
33 Tim Owings
34 Rhett McMasters
46 Holden Crawford

ATTACK
1 Dean Rowland
10 Nathan Sawchuck
13 Evan Snitker

20 Will Yancey
22 Carlos Gomez
29 Sam Harris

FACEOFF
3 Justin Conner
14 Eddie Edwards
(Note: Holden Crawford can also take draws if necessary)
Last edited by Soldera on Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
Third Place, World Baseball Classic 53
Fourth place, NS World Cup of Masters IV
Quarterfinalists, Aussie Rules World Cup

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Jan 15, 2021 10:24 am

Vangaziland National Lacrosse

*#00 was retired for Jake Carrs post-IBC29.

Team Nickname: Vangaziland Royals
Head Coach: Jon Vennet
Assistant Coach: Sheila Hancourt
Personal Trainer: Julie Ann Venderssen

Starting
G - #3 - Peter Strom - 5'10 -178 lbs (Long Range Passing)
D - #35 - Tom Bumblecrunch - 6'0 - 211 lbs. - Imperial Hills Eclipse
D - #50- Enno Leok - 5’10 - 200 lbs. - New Castle Loyalists
D - #64 - Wilhelmina Stenbeck - 6'4 - 185 lbs -Dirktown Miners
M - #27- Ago Mitt - 6'2 - 180 lbs. (Face Offs) - New Castle Loyalists
M - #7 - Taye James - 6'1 - 180 lbs - Northton Merchant Marines
M - #4 - Stella Dahl - 5'5 -140 lbs. - Dirktown Miners (Scorer)
A - #13 - Samuel Perry - 5'10 - 170 lbs. (Left Handed) - Auster Storm
A - #9 - Jimmy Lattersen - 5'6 - 165 lbs. - Blue Coast Blacksharks
A - #12 - Lizzie Borhanson - 5'7 - 170 lbs. - Auster Storm (Shot Speed)

Reserve
G - #8- Siimon Lepp - 5'11 - 165 lbs. - Otterton Gulls

D - #55- Kuldar Opik - 5'11 - 180 lbs. - Janu Elves
D - #60 - Jerry Ryansen - 6'2 - 205 lbs. - Auster Storm
D - #43 - Ola Henglund - 6'0 - 211 lbs. - Imperial Hills Eclipse

M - #20 - Taaniel Kask - 5'11 - 190 lbs. (Face Offs)- Westervalen Comets
M - #22 - Olari Klavan - 6’0 - 170 lbs. (Speed)- Old Meadow Cavestorm
M - #3 - Juss Sibul - 6'0 - 175 lbs. - Otterton Gulls

A - #5 - Olev Tamm - 5'10 170 lbs. - Westervalen Comets
A - #12 - Ain Vesik - 5'7 - 165lbs. - Janu Elves
A - #9 - Jimmy Lattersen - 5'6 - 165 lbs. - Blue Coast Blacksharks
A - #66 - Siim Laar - 6’0 - 170 lbs. (Shot Speed) - Stantalot Castle Guards

Style Mod: + 5
RP Permissions
Choose my goal scorers: N
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: N
Godmod Injuries to my players: N
Suspend my players: N
Godmod suspension events: Y
Godmod other events: Y

WLC 36 will mark a new era for Vannish Lacrosse. The National Team will now feature players from Oceanic Vangaziland, also known as Oseari. The people of Oseari are known as the Oceanic Vangazi. Most citizens of this small coastal nation were born before the land joined the Imperial Vannish Union of Commonwealths. The Oseari people hear nothing of Commonwealths. They feel they have been completely usurped by the Vannish Empire. The area has one of the most tense atmospheres within the Vannish sphere of influence.

Lacrosse is very important to Vangaziland as a tool for helping improve their image with the Oseari people. Vannish sports have always been seen as a tool of diplomacy. The Mainland Vangazi want the Oceanic Vangazi to understand their empire is a benevolent one. Lacrosse was introduced to the Oseari soon after what the Oseari refer to as the Merger of Lands or the Merger of the Coasts. After a decent showing in Atlantian Oceania Lacrosse Championships 4, the Vangaziland Royals National Team promoted many of the best players on the Oceanic side to the WLC squad.

Much like the Vangaziland Royals, Oceanic National Lacrosse is based on similar coaching techniques. Both teams are blending for the latest edition of the World Cup to help reinvigorate the Royals National Team. They often play with an attackman behind the goal, a position they call ‘the x’. Midfielders often play within lines, groups of 3 which are often swapped together. There are 4 to 5 lines used on a regular basis with some lines mixed between starters and reserves. Partial substitutions are based on particular characteristics or play styles.

Mitt Ago played for the Oceanic side and became known as a ground ball specialist. He helped create chances in the Atlantian Oceanian tournament. Enno Leak joins him as the only other Oseari to start.

Siim Laar is one of the most well known players from Oceanic Vangaziland. He is known for the amount of speed he can shoot the ball with. He isn’t the most accurate player, but he gets lots of chances to score. Goalkeepers will need fast reflexes to stop him, though some say he telegraphs his shot. He will have an integral role off the bench and will likely play a lot of minutes.

Reserve keeper Simon Lepp of Oseari will shadow. Veteran keeper Peter Strom. The bench contains Oseari several other Oceanic Vangazi from teams such as the Janu Elves, Old Meadow Cavemen and the Westervalen Comets.

The season will also see many formerly new Vangazi mature into leadership rules. Wilhelmina Stenbeck has fully assumed the role of defensive captain after the retirement of Mike Smythe. Stella Dahl is now the team captain, becoming more and more of a vocal leader over the past few years. Lizzie Borhanson is said to have spent the off season really improving her strength and scoring ability. Many expect her to have a big season.

The Royals hope to get back to title form, hoping to push themselves to past standards of play. Jon Vennet has replaced the aging Larry Hootsen as head coach. Shiela Hancourt moves to assistant coach and will begin training to take the lead coaching role in future seasons. Retired pro player Julie Ann Venderssen takes over the role of personal trainer.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:15 pm

Before the first game, there had been rumors of a rivalry between Oseari and Mainlaind Vannish players. In some ways there was truth to this. On the first day of team practice, a fistfight broke out between Olav Tamm and Tom Bumblecrunch. Olav had been outspoken throughout the session. He spoke of his dislike for the Vannish Empire and Esportiva in general. Bumblecrunch has ancestry in Wrexwic and the Mainland, but was raised in Esportivan Vangaziland.

“I tired of his mouth”, Bumblecrunch was quoted as saying. Olav played attack with Bumblecrunch guarding him as defenseman. The former said Tom played dirty throughout practice.

“His play was uncalled for”, Tamm told reporters. “Poking his stick between my elbow pads, pushing me when I didn’t have the ball. Enough was enough.”

The bench cleared to break up the fight. During that time both Oseari (known as Oceanic Vangazi) and Mainlanders traded insults.

“Get your people in line”, Jimmy Lattersen shouted to Oseari defenseman Ola Henglund.

Taaniel Kask yelled, “Why are we even representing their country?” This started another round of shoving. It took Stella Dahl and Lizze Borhanson to break things up.

“Forget politics”, Dahl yelled. “None of us chose to be Vangazi. Our governments did. But that’s what we are! Vangazi. Vannish!”

Once order was resumed, the practice session stepped things up a notch. They spent the rest of the session deep in intense physical exercise.

“It was like the Army”, said keeper Peter Strom. Like almost all Mainland Vangazi, Strom completed his two year mandatory military service requirement. Vangaziland does have a volunteer regular military. Conscript service is mostly a training program that fulfills a reserve force role. “It was push up after push up.. Flutter kicks.. Sprinting up the stadium steps.. I’m getting old”, quipped the veteran keeper.

The team came back motivated and with a stronger bond than before. Bumblecruch sat amongst a group of Oseari players and shared his food. “There was a different feel in the air”, said Oceanic Vangazi Ago Mitt.

Mitt started Game 1 as Vangaziland faced Smosh Games. As center middie, he even took the opening face-off. “All of the bitterness is behind us”, he told reporters.

Vangaziland showed up to play in their first match. There did not seem to be much tension between the players. “I think they will soon find that they have common enemies”, said assistant coach Shiela Hancourt. She has been the team’s personal trainer for many years. After the retirement of coach Hootsen, she has stepped into a coaching role.

“It feels great having input on playcalls and subs”, she continued.”Coach Vennet and I are a team. He knows I know the players’ limits.”

The experienced Royals looked like a well-oiled machine on the field. Vangaziland is an experienced team. They have managed to continue a ranking in the top three despite what has been sloppy play by their standards.

“We haven’t played at our best despite our results”, said veteran and team captain Stella Dahl. “It seems like just yesterday that I was a rookie. Our team is facing new challenges this year. We’ve seen more players leave. Others are in their last season or two. Everything can change.”

Dahl lead Vannish scoring with a monster effort. She tallied 14 goals in the 24-2 victory over Smosh Games. It was a record for the Vannish WLC squad’s history. She also added 4 assists and helped win several ground balls.

“I think Stella caught Smosh off guard”, said coach Vennet. “She looks unassuming at times, but she is really slick. She’s handling the ball better than she has before and now she’s stronger too. She really got several good shots off through contact.”

Lizzie Borhanson had a hand in helping Stella reach that total. She had 6 assists. Borhanson seemed to draw defenders only to pass and catch Stella in the right spot. This was a result of years of chemistry between the two. Both women played with and against each other since junior leagues. They grew to be rivals in secondary school and teammates in college.

“Liz is my sister”, Dahl said after the match. “I’m proud of what we’ve accomplished and what we’ve done for Vannish lacrosse.”

New players also had a major hand in helping the team succeed. Ain Vesik started on the bench but took over after Sam Perry left with a minor ankle injury. Vesik took over playing behind the net. Known as ‘x’ to the Vannish attack, the spot is an invaluable tool for Vannish lacrosse playbooks. WLC 36 marks the first time attackman Scott McLaughlin is not on the roster. He was infamous for this role, built like a veritable tank of stockiness and quick stickwork.

Vesik is smaller but more nimble. His quick passing led to 2 assists. He also popped up from behind the net to score 3 goals. “A lot of my play was meant to draw defense to me”, said the Oceanic Vangazi. “If they decided they didn’t want to cover me, I’d go to the net.”

His play had a clear role in setting Stella Dahl up properly for her big night. All wasn’t done on the offensive side. The Vannish defense stepped up as a unit. They played man to man coverage for most of the night. “It’s a workout”, said veteran defenseman and enforcer Wilhelmina Stenbeck. “We should be set against some of these newer teams. Our squad has a mix of experience and fresh legs. The middies are great helping too”, she added.

Vannish media across all territories will likely watch this team’s development with great interest.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Fri Jan 15, 2021 5:20 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018

Postby Sylestone » Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:37 pm

Group A
Havynwilde 6-4 Sylestone
Saint-Domingues 4-6 Silvedania
Squidroidia 6-4 Juvencus
Cassadaigua bye

Group A                     Pld   W   L   GF   GA   GD    Points
1 Havynwilde 2 2 0 21 17 +4 4
2 Sylestone 2 1 1 10 8 +2 2
3 Squidroidia 1 1 0 6 4 +2 2
4 Juvencus 2 1 1 16 16 0 2
5 Silvedania 2 1 1 19 19 0 2
6 Saint-Domingues 2 0 2 14 18 -4 0
7 Cassadaigua 1 0 1 2 6 -4 0

Squidroidia over Juvencus on H2H basis

Group B
Qzvarkian Qaz 10-6 Qasden
St Saratoga 11-12 Sarzonia (Game went to Overtime)
Soldera 8-6 Kohnhead
Space bye

Group B                     Pld   W   L   GF   GA   GD    Points
1 Sarzonia 2 2 0 32 17 +15 4
2 Space 1 1 0 8 2 +6 2
3 Soldera 1 1 0 8 6 +2 2
4 Kohnhead 2 1 1 14 12 +2 2
5 Qzvarkian Qaz 2 1 1 16 26 -10 2
6 St Saratoga 2 0 2 15 20 -5 0
7 Qasden 2 0 2 8 18 -10 0

Soldera over Kohnhead on H2H basis

Group C
Northwest Kalactin 8-12 Nyowani Kitara
Cascadia 0-16 Mapletish
HUElavia 8-10 Banija (Game went to Overtime)
Abanhfleft bye

Group C                     Pld   W   L   GF   GA   GD    Points
1 Mapletish 2 2 0 32 6 +28 4
2 Banija 2 2 0 34 12 +22 4
3 Abanhfleft 1 1 0 24 2 +22 2
4 Nyowani Kitara 2 1 1 14 32 -18 2
5 HUElavia 1 0 1 8 10 -2 0
6 Northwest Kalactin 2 0 2 14 28 -14 0
7 Cascadia 2 0 2 4 40 -36 0

Abanhfleft over Nyowani Kitara on H2H basis

Group D
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2-20 Kriegiersien
Vangaziland 14-4 Natanians and Nosts
Baker Park 14-4 Smosh Games
Flexanewmega bye

Group D                     Pld   W   L   GF   GA   GD    Points
1 Vangaziland 2 2 0 38 6 +32 4
2 Kriegiersien 2 2 0 36 10 +26 4
3 Baker Park 1 1 0 14 4 +10 2
4 Natanians and Nosts 2 1 1 12 18 -6 2
5 Flexanewmega 1 0 1 8 16 -8 0
6 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 0 2 6 28 -22 0
7 Smosh Games 2 0 2 6 38 -32 0

OOC: I've probably made a mistake here, if you notice one, please don't hesitate to contact me, either via TG or Discord.
Last edited by Sylestone on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:46 pm

Harry Gummibear looked at Chieftain Umbalumba. The coach of the team looked like all the other Xvarts, just much, much older. He was small, bald and blue but the eyes in his very wrinkled face exude authority and knowledge. He had to give him that. In the edge of his mouth hung always a cigar sometimes glowing, sometimes dead cold. Like his stare. To call him stoic would have been an understatement.
In the last match even a slight injury of one of the players after a foul had only led to a twitching in his face and a succeeding substitution of the player.
Only after a bad pass in the defense he had shown some emotion, croaking an order to his players in their rural language.

This match had been great and Harry had felt like a King, when the players without any hesitation shot Quebec out of the stadium, like he had wished and demanded. Lightning-fast they had passed the ball between them, always someone being unmarked suddenly getting the ball and finally scoring. 20-2. What a triumph.

He had then brought together information about the team from Vangaziland all the day. Analysed them, watched videos, printing photos from key players.
He had pinned them to a board before the match and described the role and how to act on them. Who do mark, who to block, where to stop them. What to watch out for. Where they had weaknesses. How they could be provoked to make mistakes. The photos being varying in size to match the height and size of the player. Stella Dahl with a plaster on her mouth. The photo of Lizzie Borhanson marked with a red circle.

When he had ended after an hour and just wanted to start a short video of the last matches of Vangaziland, Chieftain Umbalumba, who had been sitting in a corner like a statue, suddenly stood up, took all photos and notes from the board, threw them into a wastebin and began to draw some arrows on the board, shouting and pointing to some players, making some signs and after a few minutes dismissed the team to the field.

When he himself passed his still stunned Vice Coach, he pat Harry’s arm before leaving into the arena, his cigar lighting up.

After that Harry felt pretty depressed. All his work in the dustbin. He looked around again. The players were antsy jumping around, while the coach was sitting with folded arms on the bench. The game began.

Last edited by Kriegiersien on Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nyowani Kitara
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nyowani Kitara » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:27 pm

Part I
Part II
Part III

Maharaja= Emperor
Lukiiko= Parliament

Part 4

Setting- Banijan Civil War, early 1841, about 30 miles north of Busembe, Kitara Region, Banija, (Chief Musa Obi)

Chief Musa Obi's brief moment of surprise turned into anger pretty quickly. What the hell was the Maharaja doing- who exactly did Sebowa think he was?

"You come in front of me and my brothers, and one of my Generals, in our possession, in chains, and you speak like this?" Chief Obi asked. "Your arrogance truly knows no bounds."

"Am I not the Emperor?" Sebowa said. "If you want to deny the truth, that your Emperor stands in front of you, then deny it all you want. Despite your little 'rebellion', I still run this country. The only reason I should be in front of you is to beg me for mercy after your rebellion. You know as well as I do- the Quebecois are coming. Of course, I've been with you for the past few days, so I have no idea how close they are. But this war is going to be over and done soon. I will no longer be Emperor- but as the Pretender again, I will be in great position to influence the course of events."

"Look, I haven't brought you here to listen to your drivel." Chief Obi replied. The two men glared at each other- there was nothing but loathing in the eyes of Banija's head of state and the Chief of the Kitara. "You attacked us. We captured you. You are not above me. I do not serve you. You have nobody's divine right- in this part of the country, we are equals."

"You fool!" Sebowa spat back. "Have you no respect? The unity of our nation can only be achieved if we are under one ruler. Look at the great empires. The Eternal Empire. The Equestrians. The Teus Empire. None of them are busy talking about tribal divisions. No- they unite under their Monarchs, and their monarchs lead. Why not Banija? I have no equal. The fact that I have three sons, when my older brothers had none, proves that God chose me worthy."

"You are worthy of nothing, Sebowa." The Chief's youngest brother said. "You are a tyrant. You killed our sisters- women! In cold blood, coming in peace. Is that how a King rules? Is that how an Emperor rules? You defile the title Maharaja from your great ancestors in the past. Some were good, some were not so good- but you are the worst of them. A tyrant."

"Look." The middle brother interrupted. "Let's get back on track. You were captured, as a prisoner of war, fair and square. We have a simple request. IF you agree, we will send you, your wife, your daughter, and your sons back to Busukuma safely. If you agree fast enough, maybe you can get there fast enough to meet whoever is commanding their naval forces. We, the Kitara people, are not looking to form our own country or anything. This is our land, too. But in whatever settlement you agree to with Quebec, the rights of the minority tribes must be protected. The right to our language. Our autonomy in internal affairs. Keep our culture alive."

"I'll agree to nothing under these conditions." Sebowa said. "You should be begging me for mercy. ALl of you who have started this war have committed treason. Your sisters deserved to-" and just as he said that, the youngest brother of Chief Obi reacted. He jumped up, across the table, and smacked Sebowa himself. Sebowa, still tied up, simply grinned, as he was about to make a horrific comment about the Chief's sisters.

Just then, a Kitara military messenger sprinted into the room, and urgently whispered in the Chief's ear. Then, the Chief announced out loud. "Apparently your forces, Sebowa, have broken through in Busembe." Chief Obi said. "They're on their way here. Just a day's journey from this place. The Quebecois have landed at Busukuma, and I guess your forces are looking for you to sign the surrender docs. How does it feel, Sebowa? To have negotiated Banija's independence and then to immediately squander it, with your hunger and thirst for power blinding you to your own subjects?"

"I owe nobody anything." Sebowa replied. "I am the Emperor. That is enough said. Your people will suffer their fate for their crimes." And this comment, as well as Sebowa's general attitude during these entire proceedings, enraged the Chief.

"You know what." Chief Obi said. "You disgust me. You don't deserve to walk on this Earth. I thought we could negotiate something with you. But you- your mind is poisoned. Gosh damn, you must have poisoned the minds of all three of your sons, your successors, your heirs. Nothing we strike here can be trusted." Obi took a deep breath, for he knew his next words would change the course of history for the Kitara forever. "Sebowa, with your forces on their way, we've got decisions to make. Sebowa, I-"

Just then, another guard ran into the room. "Chief!" And behind him, more guards dragged the Queen.

"What is it?" Replied Chief Obi. "Why the hell do you have the Queen with you?"

"Chief, there was an advance party. An attack down at the jail site here. We won, but... All of Sebowa's children are dead. Sebowa's wife, somehow, survived. But the children were caught in the crossfire. As there was fighting, they tried to make a break for it and all four were killed in the crossfire. Not sure whose bullets hit who- but none of them are breathing."

Chief Obi and Sebowa both looked at each other, stunned. "You F&#&! traitor!" Sebowa screamed. "I will have you hanged for this. The guillotine is-"

"Sebowa." Chief Musa Obi said. "Your rage, even in your grief for your sons, cannot stand. SOmebody has replaced your heart with a black hole. You thirst for revenge and nothing more. I have no choice but to be bold and act on behalf of my people. If I let you go back to Busukuma, we will suffer always. Therefore, I sentence you to death."

"You have no right." Sebowa said. "I am the Emperor! I tell, you shall hang-"

"Guards!" Chief Musa Obi said. "Grab the guillotines." And the guillotine was brought over. First, his wife was placed under it, and in one fell swoop, her head was separated from her body. And then, Sebowa was placed underneath. His head was seperated too. They put the bodies in bags, and collected the bodies of the four children. Then, Chief Musa Obi made a plan. Go to Busukuma. Present the bodies. Meet with the Quebecois leadership himself. Now that the Pretender and his successors were dead, maybe he could work out some sort of deal for the Kitara...

"
English pronunciation- "New Chee-tar-ah"

Saint-Domingues
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 10, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Saint-Domingues » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:49 am

Saint-Domingue's Maxime Longchambon in foul-mouthed rant after loss to Silvedania: "Who the hell even are these guys?"

Dominguan lacrosse Maxime Longchambon was less than pleased after his side lost to Silvedania in the second match at the World Lacrosse Championships. The goalkeeper went into a tirade with press after the game, much of which will not be repeated on RTD.

Longchambon, who is yet to make an appearance at the Championships, had started a routine interview by discussing the game. "Look, it was really close. We did well to score some good goals. We aren't struggling to score goals, we have got plenty so far, more than most other teams. It is just the defending side. Against Silvedania we should have done a lot better. The goals were all really preventable, weak defending cost us."

But as he discussed the result more, the player's frustration grew and he began to criticise his opponent. "The way they behaved before the game, it was like they thought they had won already and didn't even need to show up. Those F&!*)$@ were so cocky, and we pushed them all the way. Who the hell even are these guys? [REDACTED]. [REDACTED]? I haven't heard of them. They are nobodies. [REDACTED] too. They are S%&@. It was just one stupid flukey result. I hope they finish last."

Longchambon accused Silvedania of "disrespecting" both the competition and their opponents though did not specify in what manner they had done so, instead arguing that the Silvedanians "ought to be thrown out" and "don't give a F!%& about this tournament".

Head coach Pere Sánchez quickly distanced himself from the comments, stating that it was "The opinion of one of my players which I do not have control of. I have full respect for [REDACTED] and their team. I think they have acted with courtesy throughout. Maxime will be facing some internal disciplinary measures."

The SDULU has since issued a statement in response:

"Last night Maxime Longchambon made comments in a post-match interview which are not at all representative of the views of the staff at Dessalines University or the SDULU. We believe that Silvedania have behaved with in a professional manner and acted with integrity over the course of this tournament. We are highly respectful of [REDACTED} and their team and would like to again congratulate them on victory last night. No ill wear is beared towards famous Silvedanian lacrosse players such as [REDACTED], [REDACTED] or [REDACTED]."

"The SDULU would like to apologise to Silvedania for any offence caused by a player associated with the Saint-Domingue delegation at the 36th World Lacrosse Championships. Maxime Longchambon has since privately apologised to [REDACTED} and their team."

Mapletish
Minister

Founded: Feb 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mapletish » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:32 am

The Sour Kind
"I only know one thing, that is I know nothing"

Commentaries| Timothy Jozua

Cascadia 0-16 Mapletish: Two wins for two games for Ford's Dragons

It was a two for two win for the Dragons as they managed a victory against Cascadia, a fellow unranked lacrosse team that the Dragons were expected and slight favourites to take the victory and not to drop the points from. Despite a lack of expectations from everyone, head coach Jonathan Ford wanted to push the team a little further, judging by his playing style. Instead of just, reacting to what the opponent had set out to do, Ford looked to be initiator, he looked to sit deep in defence and yet hit deep. Despite being a little less technical proficient than many multiverse peers in the WLC, Ford had not given up on training sessions which focused on technical abilities.

"We might not be the best in technical ability in the whole field right here, that is why all the more we have to put in the effort to train and practise. Some of these teams take 2 hours to execute their drills and training sessions and they call a break while we train 4 hours to get them right, we just have to put in more time, there is no room to be lax or be merciful, our opponents aren't," reflected Ford in the post match conference, when asked why the Maplish side was often seen practising drills till late in the night and even after a match.

The Buio'Dzz performed by the Maplish side dazzled the crowd as usual as they became the highlight of the pre-game routine for everyone there to watch any match that involved the Maplish side. Ford stood at the sidelines looking attentively as the players ran through the traditional tribal ritual which have been performed by almost all of the Maplish sports teams or individual athletes before a game or match. A separate Buio'Dzz can also be performed during the medal ceremony or victory ceremony should the organising committee allow for the practice.

The Dragons meant business right from the get go. Play in the 1st quarter was dominated by the Maplish players as they were aggressive in their passing with more body and stick checks recorded than the Cascadia side. That allowed Arturo Maxwell to perform as he linked up well with Miguel Garrett who was first to open the scoring. The Cascadia side were unable to respond to the Maplish attack as a defensive scramble on their side resulted in a 2nd goal by the Maplish side as Howard Chavez took advantage of the situation to slip the goal for the Dragons. Quick link up plays between Kirk Webb and Lyle Chambers were advantageous for the Dragons as Chambers was quick to identify Mason for the 3rd goal of the quarter. Three quick successive goals as the Dragons looked to dominate right from the get go.

The 1st quarter was not over just yet, as the Dragons put in one more. Following a misplaced pass by Player #3 of the Cascadia's defence, Chavez caught on almost immediately to unleashed another shot on goal resulting in 4-0. Regaining composure, the Cascadia side became better with their passing and their attempt on goal before the 1st quarter was up. The Dragons were then 4-0 up.

The 2nd quarter was the Dragons to take. Sticking to aggressive and tight link up plays, the fast moving and aggressive body checks and stick checks if necessary were put into play. A capable midfield of Tommy Reid and Arturo Maxwell kept the ball right in the Dragons' alley. It was not long before the Maplish side added the fifth through Mason. Maxwell's high lob from the right saw Mason trapping the ball skillfully on the move before unleashing it straight into the top right corner. It was Chavez who was the man of the show once again for the Dragons. A quick interception against Player #8 saw Player #4 caught off guard. A shot from the left side of Player #4 saw him looking on as Chavez banged in the 2nd goal of the quarter.

It got a little frustrating for the Cascadia side after getting another interception by Kirk Webb before they attempted their shot on goal. Webb was reluctant to waste any time as his long pass reached Garrett for a shot on goal resulting in a damaging scoreline of 7-0. The Cascadia side had practically zero chance of an accurate short on goal right till now as the Dragons held on tightly to possession and Butler was right on form to keep the ball out whenever necessary. Cascadia was not done chasing the score line though after Player #9's long shot on goal was blocked out, Player #10 caught onto the rebound and attempted another shot only to see it fall out wide. Briggs caught onto the ball managed a quick get up with the ball and got it over to Reid before passing to Maxwell for a long shot, making it 8-0.

The 3rd quarter continued for the Dragons to deal more damage to the scoreline. Miguel Garrett was a little more accurate this quarter as he bang in four successive goals following four direct assists from Arturo Maxwell who was at the end of the passing link up play from Briggs and Reid. Player #1 at this time was a little drained from having to deal with the continuous goals scored against him. Cascadia continued to chase the scoreline in the 4th quarter as the Dragons were merciless in adding another four goals to the scoreline, courtesy of 2 goals each from Garrett and Chavez.

Captain Lyle Chambers, echoed head coach's Jonathan Ford's commitment to turning up more often than the rest of the competition for their win against Cascadia. "We trained hard and the result showed for itself. We will continue to do what is necessary to be competitive against the field of competition, we want to give ourselves a chance."

The Dragons face HUElavia next in matchday 3. See you then!
The Minuscule Nation Mapletish
Pop. 65,000,000 | Capital: Struggait City| Demonym: Maplish/Mapletian| Trigramme: MAP
First - WLC 24, DBC 43, XIV Winter Olympics Second - WCoH 22, RUWC 23, CR 24 Third- BoF 44, HWC 11, WCoH 20, WCoH 21, DBC 49 Fourth - U15WC9, RLWC12, CR 14
Qualified for WC 64, 66
www.unionsports.map
Proudly contributing my triumph's to the glorification of the greater whole!

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:59 am

Game planning is an important part of coaching and preparation for any successful team. The coaching staff and players of the Vangaziland Royals knew teams would try to figure them out. Things varied over time, especially later in the season and playoffs. It was in these stages when different lines of midfielders would hit the field.

There were a variety of plays used when a fast break failed to result in a scoring opportunity. This would be one key to beating the Vangazi. An opposing team would need to stop their fast break play and set up defense quickly. Once the Royals made it to the attacking half, a defense would have to be ready for a shifting offense. Vangaziland favored a lot of screens and cuts. Scouting would show movement is often used as a distraction. Just because someone sets a pick and another is open, doesn’t mean the open player will get the pass.

There are a variety of next steps. In Game One Stella Dahl used one option of off screen play. Screens were set in a way where a defending mid switched onto her, leaving a team open when rotated. If another shifted to pick up the open teammate, Stella could have passed the ball to them.

Against Smosh Games, she mostly took the contact into a drive where she shot despite heavy defense. This was where the media made note of her improved ability to take contact. She still passes out of the situation against stronger teams. Compared to her scoring showcase in Game 1, she had a more balanced event in Game 2. She scored 4 goals against Natanians and Nosts but added 6 assists.

In Game 1, Dahl and others passed back to the attackman behind goal fairly often. This led to chances for Ain Vesik, who spent much of the late game behind the net. Vesik played less minutes more emphasis of the attackmen up top. Now it seemed the attackmen tried to draw the defenders away from the net. Midfielders took up positions closer to the goal. Zone defense would be one way to stop this new Vannish strategy. It could potentially lead to opposing fast breaks if opponent midfielders were guarded by Vannish attackmen who might not want to run to the other side of the field on defense.

However the Royals seemed to test their attackmen’s new defense. This was called a “middie back” situation, as a midfielder would swap to a static attack role. The attackman would become a midfielder in essence.

Lizzie Borhanson also showcased a play not seen as often in Vannish lacrosse. Instead of having a player camp behind the net, wing attackmen can run behind the net after getting the ball. Lizzie had a few important late game goals and assists in this way. She scored 3 times and added 4 assists.

Teams planning against the Vangazi would need to find ways to stop them from playing behind the net. They would also need to cut passes off with speed and hard hitting.

Opponents would also have to find ways to deal with the Vannish defense. They have started with solid play, holdng opponent scoring to 6 goals. The Royals are a hard hitting team. They often switch between man and zone coverage. Beating them will be a result of manipulating that switch. Vangaziland needs to be caught off guard. Stopping them from clearing the ball will also help. Vangaziland’s reserve defenders are not the best at secuing ground balls. This is an advantage other teams can use.

Midfielder Ago Mitt of Oseari is a specialist in ground ball situations. There have been defensive situations where this ability heped bail out his defensemen. He scored 3 goals against N&N, including two fast breaks. Once he took it coast to coast by himself. The second time he passed back and forth with Dahl.

Sam Perry scored twice. His play was a matter of being in the right situation. He’s a left handed player with a knack for positioning himself well as others set and run off screens. Old tapes might show him also running behind the net in past seasons, though he hasn’t done so much in WLC 36.

Siim Laar and Taye James added a goal each to round out scoring. On such a top ranked team, scoring can come from almost anywhere. Clamping down on Stella Dahl or players behind the net may only lead to other opportunities. Stopping the Vangazi will take a fluid strategy. This is not as hard as it may seem.

The Royals have especially tired as prior seasons have moved towards completion. Vangaziland is under pressure to return to the finals. Vannish media outlets have given them lots of criticism for trailing off in big game intensity. A team that establishes an aggressive plan with tactical precision can shock the Vangazi and potentially make them fold. They are an attack heavy team where a strong counterattack can ruffle their feathers.

The Royals look re-energized under a new head coach in Jon Vennet.

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:59 am

Allen Budaye, the Head Coach, in his press conference after Banija's overtime victory against HUElavia

The two teams had been level at 8 goals a piece after their hard fought regulation matchup. The overtime rules at the WLCs were clear- a 5 minute overtime period, and whoever led at the end of those last 5 minutes would win the game. Kadi Uster, off the bench, would score the go-ahead goal just one minute into the overtime period, and then a minute after that, it was midfielder Sherif Mboob who would double the lead in a goal that acted as the clincher. It drained the spirits of the HUElavians, and the Banijans were able to fight out the final 3+ minutes with no goals being scored on either side.

After that, of course, Budaye went to the post-game press conference.

All-Banija Sports Magazine: "Coach Budaye, your team is 2-0. This is a group of death, and the standings show it so far- it's been extremely competitive all across the board, with even unranked sides like Nyowani Kitara and Mapletish both notching important wins so far. You had a massive win on Matchday 1 against an overmatched Cascadian Empire side- you did what you were supposed to do against a bad team, but it doesn't tell us much. How much does this victory, against a former WLC champion, tell us about the squad?"

Allen Budaye: We, more than anybody, know exactly what HUElavia is capable of us in this sport. They have won a championship, and beat us in that championship game. We've played them in every WLC ever since- we eliminated them from the last one, and we got an important, tight victory in this one. I believe that in this group of death, we're going to see more games like this than our match against the Cascadian Empire- tighter and more physical matches against a whole bunch of teams that have bigger aspirations than simply making it out of the group.

Our bye is at a good point- we get to rest our bodies and make sure we're fresh and healthy for when we play Mapletish on Matchday 4. They may be unranked, but Jonathan Ford has put together one hell of a squad so far. They won 16-0 in their last game. They will not be an easy team to beat. They are also, of course, former champions. They also thoroughly beat a ranked Northwest Kalactin squad, who are from Atlantina Oceania just like us.

Banija Lacrosse Monthly: Coach, what do you plan to do during the bye? How do you approach it- practices, scouting, etc...

Allen Budaye: Well, when you are at an international tournament, a bye is a useful thing that you have to approach well. Would we prefer it to be a little bit later? Yes, of course, but you cannot get everything you want in life, just like that. There are a couple of things to do. It's not simply an extra four days of practice for Mapletish- we can't burn out. We give the players a day off, and then another day that is a recovery day. The day off, players are encouraged to explore their surroundings. We're staying in Avondale through Matchday 4, so our team will be expected to stay in the area, but they'll probably see this beautiful capitol.

As for me? There are really no days off as a coach, really. I'll be flying to Halpenley, with officials from the Olympic Committee of Banija. We'll be checking out the team hotel for when we're there, and the practice facilities we'll use when we're in the city for three group stage games. Crossing those last Ts and dotting the last I's. But I'll need a mental break- no film session for me. I'll take the wife there as well, and once we're done with business, we'll explore Halpenley. We'll have to prepare our players for the heat, but we will be ready.

Istria Post: Coach, can you give us some insight into the Mapletish match? How important is that game- what should we be looking forward to?

Allen Budaye: Mapletish is undefeated so far at this tournament, and they're a former champion. That tells you everything you need to know. That they are an excellent, talented squad, who we will go against on Matchday 4. They're going to play HUElavia on Matchday 3, and I plan on attending that game myself, with a few of my scouts, to check them out. I know Jonathan Ford has been excellent so far, but HUElavia is a real challenge for anyone, and we should get a better look at how their team responds to the circumstances of a close game.

I'm, of course, not going to reveal our full team strategy right here in a press conference. (Chuckles to himself). But they are an excellent defensive side. They have only allowed 6 goals throughout the entire tournament so far, and have one shutout already, scoring 16 goals in each of their first two matches. We're going to have to control the game in the midfield so we can attack deep. I expect an extremely competitive match, and it's not one that will be decided until its late stages.

Herzegovina City Eagle: Coach, one last question. What do you have to say about their Buio'Dzz? Will your players react?

Allen Budaye: It's a great and fascinating dance, and I applaud Mapletish for incorporating indigenous culture to their national team. I haven't had a chance to see it yet, but I look forward to seeing it in person from the stands when they play HUElavia, and then seeing it again in person on Matchday 4 when we take the field against them.
Last edited by Banija on Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:02 am

Off Day didn’t help,
By Kenzie Sherman, Concord Heights Times

If you were hoping that an off day after the matchday one gametime debacle would help matters, then you will be disappointed in the result. As you may recall, the team was told by their coach, Sarah Cortez, that the game would take place at 8pm, instead of 3pm, and the result on the field was the team only scoring two goals against Sylestone. The players, especially Jessica Crockett, have lashed out at Cortez for the blunder, saying that they felt the game had started in the afternoon, but that they were told by the coach over and over again that it would start at 8pm. Brittany Wilson commented on her Spacebook that, “Eventually, you stop trying to mention that you thought it started earlier and trust the person that is the coach of the team. They are supposed to know that better than anyone.” Lexi Looper posted that, “You can have game times change sometimes, so my thought was that they had changed us from 3pm to 8pm to get the host’s game during the prime time hour period. Unlike some of the others, I was up during the afternoon, and getting a little concerned when it was getting closer to 2:00 that we should be at the stadium. Then, at about 2, we get that phone call. None of us were happy about this, at all.”

During the off day, when you hoped that the team would come together, the opposite seemed to take place. Jessica Crockett would post that, “I think today is our off day, but you never know with coach, maybe we got wrong information on that too.” Stacey Proctor posted that, “I was thinking about doing some things during our off day period, like checking out the local area, but part of me is scared inside that I am going to receive a frantic call from our inept coach saying that we have to be at the stadium in an hour.” Other players spoke out about how they are surprised that even after the fact, Sarah Cortez has not issued an apology to the team, and seems to just want to act like it never happened. Lexi Looper posted this morning, “Last night was our off day, and I was expecting when we got together to have a practice that coach Cortez was going to apologize to us, something that has not happened even going back to the frantic nature of the opening gameday. That never occurred, and while we went through the motions of the practice just fine, we could not help but be taken aback by Sarah’s inability to apologize to any of us. I am really wondering why she is coaching the national team right now.”

Sarah Cortez does not coach any of the professional teams in Cassadaigua, and was instead the head of the youth development program. In that program, only Kristen Gratton is a current player that was coached by Cortez previously, however that was six years ago, when Kristen was 15. Gratton is still one of the young players on the team, so she has been a little more careful and reserved about what she has posted online in comparison to what the veterans have done, but when she was asked about her experience with Cortez when she was 15, Gratton did say, “There was a tournament in Grande Mountain where she did not reserve enough hotel rooms for the entire team. Though, that was blamed on someone else on the staff. That is just one thing that I remember, other then that, she was a pretty typical coach and seemed to be good at what she was doing.” Right now the Cassadagan Association of Lacrosse says that they are reviewing the situation and exploring their alternatives. Sounds like a bunch of jargon right now. As for Cortez, she has refused to talk about the situation in the media, repeatedly telling me and other Cassadagan news sources, and any foreign ones that inquire, that she does not want to focus on the past. She has also told us that there is no rift in the locker room, even with all of the social media postings implying otherwise.

Sarzonia
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 22, 2004

Postby Sarzonia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:06 am

Overtime in lacrosse at most levels is only four minutes, but when it's a match between two rivals, it can reverberate far longer than any time before or after it.

Sarzonia were level with St. Saratoga at 11 goals apiece after 60 minutes of lacrosse between the two traditional powers failed to determine a winner. Faceoff specialist Noah Ryanson eyed his opponent with a look of grim determination.

The Stars failed to maintain a two-goal lead in the fourth quarter, and could never stretch out a margin beyond that. Befitting a team of their calibre, St. Saratoga never allowed that critical third goal. And somehow, Jordan Helms figured that the next goal would win the match for whomever scored it.

Ryanson dug in and awaited the whistle from the Baker Park referee, only to hear a couple of quick blasts when the St. Saratoga FOGO tried digging for the ball just a hair too quickly. He pointed in the direction of the St. Saratoga goal, giving Sarzonia the possession. Ryanson scrambled off to allow the middie onto the pitch to help Sarzonia set its offence.

Rather than a quick shot on goal, which Ryanson likely would have attempted with a clean faceoff win, the Sarzonian attack decided to use the possession offence favoured by just about every Sarzonia manager since Harold Price to probe the defence hoping to find a hole in their rival's set. A couple of shots hit the cage and caromed past the end line, but with a Star near enough to it to allow Sarzonia to retain possession.

Finally, Gio Guardio saw a quick opening and knew he had one chance to let it rip. He did, and the shot banged through the back of the net to give Sarzonia a precarious one-goal lead. Ryanson jogged back out with 1:32 remaining in overtime with a chance to help his team ice the match once and for all with another win at the X. He did so, then quickly passed the ball to Colin Grassley and ran off, hoping to save goalkeeper Matt Henning the pressure of preserving a hard-won victory.

Mission accomplished. Sarzonia escaped Matchday 2 with a 12-11 victory that improved them to 2-0 ahead of a match against Soldera, which Helms would once again warn his team about it being a trap match.

But for one night, a victory against a heated rival was good enough.
First WCC Grand Slam Champion
NSWC Hall of Fame Inductee (post-World Cup 25)
Former WLC President. He/him/his.

Our trophy case and other honours; Our hosting history

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:05 am

DISCLAIMER: Gaelic Gamers is an independent sports blogging website created by four cousins with a common liking and passion for sports of all kinds and is in no way or form affiliated with or organized by any official news organization in the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft. All statements and opinions posted here are our own and not anyone else's.

Gaelic Gamers
Presents...

The Lacrosse Lamentations
with Aisling Keane

The past couple of months haven't gone well for some over here in Gaelic Gamers. The Man from Markovsky is losing his mind over both Ludogorets and the national football team being so inconsistent. Cousin Graham is still bitter over losing the Coff's 7s in rugby. Cousin David is raging over some issue going on with the FBA right now, and Cousin Dara's doing the same except it's with the FNLAF. Frankly, I think I'm the only one in here without a problem in the world right now. Oh well. Looks like that's all about to change now that the World Lacrosse Championships is back.

I still can't believe it's already the 36th WLC. It seemed not so long ago that I started covering the WLC for what was it, WLC 28 or something like that? In that time Abanhfleft had gone from just three-time WLC champions to five-time WLC champions. And now here we are, looking to get that sixth title that will make us the outright record winners of the competition. But this isn't going to be easy; Sarzonia is also doing the same and trying to do so ever since they had a resurgence in all competitions. And there are also those countries like Banija and Terre Septentrionale who would do anything just to have one title to their name. It's a tough field out there, and as the last WLC proved, there are no easy games in lacrosse, even if our Amazons did their best to make it look like so.

So who have we got to push us towards title number six now? Well, for one, Tomiko Legaspi is now no longer part of the starting ten. The prolific forward has finally decided to hang up her boots as far as international lacrosse is concerned. That leaves only Pearline Cordes as the last woman standing in the New Fearsome Threesome. Tomiko leaves the Amazons with two world titles to her name and one bronze medal. Of course there's a bronze medal in her trophy cabinet. It's almost law by this point that any self-respecting Fleftic sportsperson must have at least one bronze medal to prove their citizenship of this country. She's definitely not getting a bronze medal in the LLA (Lacrosse League of Abanhfleft), that's for sure. Oh, yeah, that reminds me. For all the international success that the New Fearsome Threesome have had, the same thing can't be said for them domestically. Mostly because they're playing for the Piuui Rockets, which is on a bit of a resurgence but still not yet able to dethrone the likes of Suwkpel and Markovsky.

So who is Pearline's new partner-in-crime up front? None other than Leeanna Matley, currently of the Releinthi Liberty. On any other national lacrosse team I'm sure Leeanna would be a guaranteed starter. But her shot at starting for the Amazons had been delayed up to this point because of, you guessed it, the New Fearsome Threesome. I mean, when you get a trio of attackers who just operate off of each other on an almost instinctual level, you just don't mess that up. You just don't. To think that we only got one championship while all three of them were representing the blue, orange, and green. But I guess that's lacrosse for you. Even when everything falls in place on your side, things might not be so tight-fitting in other places.

And it's not just the attack we've remodeled coming to Sylestone. We've got a brand new defense and midfield as well. Latoya Heidenreich says she's had enough of goaltending for the country, leaving the door open for Marlene Manley to take her spot. But after Marlene suffered an injury just two games into the LLA season, Jarred Pigram slid into the national team's goalkeeper spot faster that he slid into the DMs of that "Snapstergram thot" or whatever they call them nowadays. In the midfield, Claude Dematteo and Malcolm Richards swap places because Claude has recognised that he's no longer as fast or physical as he used to be so he thought it was time for new blood to get in there and show the rest of the multiverse what's what.

With all the changes done to the twenty-man roster that made the final cut and the trip to Sylestone, you would think that chemistry would be a bit shot and maybe the team would struggle to recapture the form that we had on our way to storming the WLC 35 title. Except the complete opposite thing happened. This team looked like everyone had been playing with each other for more than a decade. Nyowani Kitara didn't even know what hit them. It was literally them blinking and then seeing that they were already 12-0 down. It's a sheer miracle they even scored one goal against us, let alone two. Then again Blaine Mailloux was already resting players ahead of the next match against Cascadia, so some slip-ups here and there from the subs were to be expected. But still. 24-2. I think that's probably the biggest margin of victory we've ever had in the WLC, bigger than even the 18-2 spanking we handed Banija. Now that was a big "Oof!" moment for the side playing in green and orange.

Cascadia's up next. They're winless at the moment, but we all know what can happen when an undefeated Abanhfleft meets a winless team, and it ain't pretty. Expect the worst while hoping for the best, I always say.

(OOC note for the host: Please set my style modifier to +3. Thank you.)
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Qzvarkian Qaz
Secretary

Founded: Jul 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Qzvarkian Qaz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:07 am

Qzvarkian Qaz Lacrosse? But Why? Well to understand the Qazian lacrosse team, you have to know about one of the worst kept secrets in Rushmore, The Qazian military. Sports in Qvarkian Qaz mirror the miltary heavily, in fact, the whole Lacrosse scene in Qzvarkian Qaz is due to the Military. Why? Nearly the whole of the military is composed of soldiers of fortune. Though this policy is officially seen as simply "Not true" by the government, it's fairly well known they are. The result is a lot of sports become imported from other nations and teams get built up. One of those is the cult military sport of Lacrosse. Official stance is that the sport was discovered by the military during training exercises done with other Rushmori powers., but in reality it is believed to be a sport primarily brought by foreign mercinaries to the Qzvarkian Qaz homeland. Qzvarkian Qaz is known to outsiders to give their military Mercenaries heavy bonuses, including guaranteed citizenship.

There is a small league in Qazian territory with primarily military towns making up the teams and the clubs consisting of mostly ex-military members, there are occasional natives in the system but mostly it's ex-military Mercs who do it for fun, post QQZ military career. As for Lacrosse itself, the QQZ Lacrosse championship is mostly contested between clubs in military towns and thusly the naval and maritime center of Sufa is the biggest Lacrosse haven for Qvarkian Qaz as three clubs have formed around the city of 1 million. With NV Club LC, Sufa LC and the more official CSKA Sufa sporting club all holding teams in the championship. There's also teams in Qariq, Boszhqev and even the somewhat remote port of Yzvn. Now with the recent founding of the governing body of Lacrosse in the area QQZ has sent out a team.

The Following is the Roster
MANAGER
Bobinski Jones (32)

STYLE MOD +5

GOALKEEPERS
#1 Artie Darringer CSKA Sufa
#11 Pablo Herrera MAC Qariq LC

Darringer is a long time navy guy, having been one of the first keepers for the CSKA Sufa lacrosse branch. Herrera is a merc from over the border who picked up the game after watching a couple military buds play it, as an amateur football keeper, he migrated nicely to Lacrosse.

DEFENDERS
#9 Barry Pascal-Dupuis MAC Qariq LC
#15 James Smith YSA Lacrosse Branch
#17 Dae-Kwon Yoo MAC Qariq
#33 Matthew Harrison YSA Lacrosse Branch
#34 James Cutcliffe CSKA Boszhqev
#99 Antoine Pascal-Dupis MAC Qariq LC

The Pascal brothers have been a force in the championship, and givent he amateurish barbaric nature of the sport in QQZ they can play rough a bit more than others, also if needed Dae-Kwon Yoo is a sturdy backup.

MIDFIELDERS
#3 Polo Jenkins Boszhqev Family SC
#7 Rohan Szabewciki CSKA Qariq LC
#8 Troitu Lo'whitsky Sufa LC
#14 Dae-Jong Kwok YSA Lacrosse Branch

#20 Tyler Eichelmann Boszhqev Family SC
#70 Bobinski Jones CSKA Sufa

Veteran player coach Bobinski Jones will be a manager and coach for the QQZ Lacrosse team, a current officer, he is one of the smartest Lacrosse players and in fact is part of the military's sporting branch in the Naval base near Sufa. Also to hit home the point about how many foreigners play Lacrosse, Troitu Lo'whitskey is the only native player on the team, but he's developed a good game and is a starter for the team.

ATTACKERS
#11 Torrence Guerity CSKA Qariq LC
#13 Lucky Jefferson CSKA Sufa
#39 Luca Badiccia MAC Qariq
#50 Trevor Roy MAC Qariq
#55 Billy James Hartwick CSKA Sufa
#80 Gunther Babcock CSKA Sufa

CSKA Sufa's attack is insane, so naturally the trio of mullet wielding madmen were the natural hires choices for the QQZ Attacking line. Also it should be noted that #13 Lucky Jefferson will go wild and score on you even with an eyepatch,scar, and one good eye (His right one.) He's named Lucky for a reason.....

RP Permissions
Choose my scorers: Y
Godmod scoring events: Y
RP injuries to my players: Y
Godmod Injuries to my players: Y but no death
Suspend my players: N
Godmod suspension events: Y
Godmod other events: Y very much Y
Last edited by Qzvarkian Qaz on Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
PRONOUNCED: Kuh-var-key-in Kahz
CAPITAL: Qariq
TRIGRAME: QQZ

We are an attempt at an over the top Central Asian style dictatorship with our influences being mainly Turkmenistan and Uzbekistan.
Most policies and stats are cannon, but issues are picked with the craziest or most dictator friendly option in mind. All policies are considered cannon aside from Geronticide.

OOC Puppet of Xanneria

Sylestone
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 05, 2018

Postby Sylestone » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Group A
Silvedania 8-6 Squidroidia
Sylestone 6-12 Saint-Domingues
Cassadaigua 12-6 Havynwilde
Juvencus bye

Group A                 Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Havynwilde 3 2 1 27 29 −2 4
2 Silvedania 3 2 1 27 25 +2 4
3 Squidroidia 2 1 1 12 12 0 2
4 Juvencus 2 1 1 16 16 0 2
5 Saint-Domingues 3 1 2 26 24 +2 2
6 Sylestone 3 1 2 16 20 −4 2
7 Cassadaigua 2 1 1 14 12 +2 2

Group B
Sarzonia 18-6 Soldera
Qasden 9-4 St Saratoga (Game went to Overtime)
Space 12-13 Qzvarkian Qaz (Game went to Overtime)
Kohnhead bye

Group B                 Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Sarzonia 3 3 0 50 23 +27 6
2 Qzvarkian Qaz 3 2 1 29 38 −9 4
3 Space 2 1 1 20 15 +5 2
4 Soldera 2 1 1 14 24 −10 2
5 Kohnhead 2 1 1 14 12 +2 2
6 Qasden 3 1 2 17 22 −5 2
7 St Saratoga 3 0 3 19 29 −10 0

Group C
Mapletish 6-10 HUElavia
Nyowani Kitara 10
-2 Cascadia
Abanhfleft 8-2 Northwest Kalactin
Banija bye

Group C                 Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Abanhfleft 2 2 0 32 4 +28 4
2 Mapletish 3 2 1 38 16 +22 4
3 Banija 2 2 0 34 12 +22 4
4 Nyowani Kitara 3 2 1 24 34 −10 4
5 HUElavia 2 1 1 18 16 +2 2
6 Northwest Kalactin 3 0 3 16 36 −20 0
7 Cascadia 3 0 3 6 50 −44 0

Group D
Natanians and Nosts 2-6 Baker Park
Kriegiersien 6-28 Vangaziland
Flexanewmega 6-4 Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Smosh Games bye

Group D                    Pld    W   L    GF   GA   GD   Pts 
1 Vangaziland 3 3 0 66 12 +54 6
2 Baker Park 2 2 0 20 6 +14 4
3 Kriegiersien 3 2 1 42 38 +4 4
4 Flexanewmega 2 1 1 14 20 −6 2
5 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 2 14 24 −10 2
6 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 0 3 10 34 −24 0
7 Smosh Games 2 0 2 6 38 −32 0
Last edited by Sylestone on Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Football: WC94 Qualifiers, CE35&36 semifinalists
Cricket: GCF WT20 XVI champions, ODI WT II semifinalists, GCF WT20 XV semifinalists, EspoT20 I&II champions
BoF 74, CoH 78, CoH 81, GCF WT20 XV, HWC 24, EspoT20 I&III

Banija
Senator

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:24 pm

Part I
Part II
Part III
Part IV

Maharaja= Emperor
Lukiiko= Parliament

Part 5

Setting- Two years after Part IV, in 1843, well after the formal conclusion of the civil war and the start of the 2nd Colonization

Pretender Rokani was sitting at his residence in Downtown Busukuma. The Mujaguzo Palace remained empty- it was the seat of the Governor-General, as Rokani took the example of the previous Pretenders to the throne and refused to sit there while he was not the final answer to the question of who held power in contempary Banija.

Rokani remembered how he had gotten to this position. About a month after Busukuma had surrendered, and the search for his cousin, Sebowa, was still ongoing, Chief Musa Obi brought Sebowa, Sebowa's wife, and all four of their children to Busukuma. The four children's whole bodies, but Sebowa's and his wife's heads were seperate from their bodies. Chief Obi had explained exactly what had happened. He said that he did it 'in the interest of peace', and that he was looking forward to working with Rokani as Sebowa's presumed successor.

Rokani was the successor. The oldest son of Sebowa's aunt- it made him the Pretender to the Throne. But what kind of monsters had beheaded not only Sebowa, but Sebowa's wife? These were monsters that no longer had a place in modern-day Banija. He had thought about this for two yeras- Chief Obi could not be allowed. The Kitara, in general, could not be allowed to stay. They were troublesome. Meddlesome. Even in the first two years of Quebecois colonization, instead of focusing towards putting Banija on the independence track, they regularly rebelled against the Kasanke, and refused Rokani's efforts to forge a distinct Banijan identity, and put away the tribal identities. Even suggesting that they should be a separate colony, and be on track towards independence as a distinct nation.

On this day, Rokani had a meeting with Chief Obi. And the Chief had just arrived- they were to get down to business.

"Rokani." Chief Obi said. "Thank you for inviting me to Busukuma. I hope we're here to finally talk about what I have maintained has needed to be talked about for years- the rights of the Kitara. We're out here establishing school systems, but only in Olusanke. We're out here only doing things in your language. Forcing our people to be Mormon- when the Kitara have never been believers."

"Look, Chief." Rokani said. "This is the 1800s! The modern era, the present day. Our differences are not reconcilable. After working with Quebecois authorities, I have decided to come up with a radical solution to our problems. YOu will get your own nation- but somewhere else." And then, Rokani showed them the map that he had envisioned for them. All the way in north Rushmore. He said that this could be established as an outpost of Banija, or a legitimate independent nation. They'd be able to get special autonomy.

"Absolutely not!" Chief Obi said, horrified. "We can't just show up to another place over there and take it over. We don't even know anything about that land! All the way in North Rushmore- they must have harsh winters. Banija has its mountains, yes, but we lack winter. It'd be a massive climate change. We don't know anything. Aren't there natives to that land? While I guess we have the ships to take many of us there... You can't simply exile us. You have to give us our rights."

"You don't have a choice." Rokani said. "The decision has been made for you. You brought this upon yourselves. You butchered the Emperor and killed his children. What did you expect to happen?"

"Your cousin was a horrific human being." Chief Obi replied. "But you might be worse. Exile? All the way to north Rushmore?"

"People move all the time!" Rokani said. "People go from one place to another, and settle. How many people are truly native to their countries these days, anyways? So many countries are groups of people that came from other shores, beat down natives, and then settled there. Banija is not one of those countries, fortunately, but yours can be. Mix with the natives. Live with the natives. We don't know anything about them.. But you are capable of fighting."

"This is the most insane plan that you've ever had, bar none." Chief Obi said. The Chief got up, and used big strides to leave the room. "I am not going to go along with it. Kitara is our home. If you think the Quebecois, or anybody, can enforce this sort of edict upon us, then you have absolutely lost your mind. We are going nowhere. This is our home. Don't take cues from your dead cousin- if you want to secure the future of Banija, give us our rights, and we can talk then."

As Chief Obi stormed out, Rokani sighed. He couldn't be surprised that the Chief had rejected the plan- but he had hoped the Chief would be at least a little more receptive. No matter. He had the might of his own armies at his disposal. Most importantly, the Quebecois Governor-General was behind the plan- Rokani was in a position to make this happen. He decided to schedule a call to the Governor-General's office tomorrow, and set up a meeting. They may have to use force to clamp down on whatever Kitaran rebellion would happen, but this was the only possible plan. Without it, Chief Obi would continually lead rebellions, and Kitara would be a permanently restless land. Rokani would either bring them to heel this way, or he would die trying.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:43 pm

HUElavia has Mixed Results to start WLC 36!

HUElavia 8-10 (OT) Banija
(Avondale International Sports Stadium, Avondale)

Mapletish 6-10 HUElavia
(Avondale International Sports Stadium, Avondale)

HUElavia once again was setting foot in another World Lacrosse Championship, ready to improve after their tough, early exit in WLC 35 four years ago. Having the bye right on Matchday 1, the team was facing off against none other than Banija, the team they upset 8 years ago in WLC 34. After that, they had Mapletish to open as an "Easy" opponent. Both matches were at Avondale International Sports Stadium (99,000), in Avondale. There was a sizable HUElavian crowd present for these games, while the main X were used for the match.

In the game against Banija, it was a show that went like a see-saw. Banija would score, and HUElavia would respond shortly after. Both team took turns scoring goals in pairs. Niang got 3 during the game, along with 2 each for Biri and Jarju. Uster had one goal to her name. For HUElavia, Sissoko-Nunes had 3 goals to her name, while 2 goals were scored by Buonanotte and Rodriguez. Bilatan-Manlangit had a goal to his name. The game was tied at 8-8 at the end of regulation, and both teams wanted the victory. Despite the best intentions from the team, a goal by Bobbicevic III and Jawara clinched the victory for the Banijans, as HUElavia took the opening game with a loss.

For the second game against Mapletish, Los Amarillos/Os Amarelos looked to make up the situation and wanted to get goals quick. Both teams would share their goals within the first 3 quarters. Chambers, Chavez, and Banks each got 2 goals for Mapletish during the first 3 quarters. On the other side, HUElavia had the skills and talent of Ching-Lacanilao, Yamada, and Pinchi Sulca to have all three of them score 2 goals each. In the 4th quarter, Agron got a hat-trick in his second game with the team while Aleksandrovna got one last-gasp goal to end the game at10-6, a solid victory for HUElavia.

The next match coming up will be against Nyowani Kitara, which will still be at Avondale International Sports Stadium, but the following game will be against No. 1 Abanhfleft at Sunlife Stadium (52,000), in Halpenley. Regardless, the team must continue to play well in order to get into the Top 4 and clinch a spot in the Round-of-16 for this edition of the WLC. The fans continue to hope and pray the team performs well, while the team trains and studies their opponents, as they look to win their games to make a good run.

FORCA HUELAVIA! VAMOS HUELAVIA! GO HUELAVIA!

Kriegiersien
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 07, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby Kriegiersien » Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:57 pm

The dining room of the hotel was full of little blue man eating and talking with each other.

Harry Gummibear went to a small table, were only the medical staff of the whole team was dining. Witch Doctor Doloroes.

“Can I sit here?”, he asked.
Dolores shrugged.
“This is a free country. Unlike Kriegiersien.”
“I always had the feeling that we have much freedom in our nation. Until our benevolent president thinks otherwise”, he said, while sitting down with his tablet.
“What takes a big chunk out of the free in free country.”

Harry took a bite of his food and looked over to the Xvarts.
“You are not one of them. How do you get along?”, he asked Dolores.
“With the Xvarts? Easy, I am living with them since my childhood. They are maybe a bit backwards, but else they are fine little creatures.”
“I tried to make contact with them, but I have the feeling all my tactical suggestions are overwritten by their chieftain.”
“He knows them best. Training them for years and hast successfully led them to glory.”
“That brought us far against Vangaziland.”
“If two strong forces hit each other only one can win.”
“That wasn’t a loss, that was a disaster. 6-28.”
“They are upset now, shoving the misfortune of defeat against the second best team in the Multiverse down their throats doesn’t help.”
He smashed one of his potatoes.
“I couldn’t If I wanted to. I can’t even speak their language. Can you?”
“Sure. I learned their language over the years. It is still a bit dodgy but enough to communicate.”
“And I can’t speak a word. The right man for the job.”
He smashed another potato.

“But they can speak basic Kriegiersien. They have to learn it since the conquest in school, you know.”
“I am not sure they are understanding me.”
“You don’t have to elucidate philosophical topics with them. Or have complicated discussions over the meaning of live or politics. They are normally not very interested in that. Especially the ones who have concussions from too much playing brutal games.”
Dolores smirked.
“So what should I talk about with them then?”
“See.. I am the doctor. I help them with injuries and maladies. With problems when they feel bad. With little tricks and mixtures. But maybe they want some other things, too. Just talk with them. Ask them what else they need. They are here in a big city. They are still, also I guess this will change soon, living in small villages and are overwhelmed by the city and people and things here. They don’t get out often. Or at all. Maybe you can help them.”
“Hm. And how?”
“Just ask them.”

Harry ended his meal.
“Thank you. I think you helped me”, he said and went over to the table with the Xvarts.

Later he was sitting at a table in his hotel room, arranging some notes. Someone knocked at the door.

“It is open. Come in”, he shouted.

A Xvart waddled in, looking uncertain.

“How can I help you?”, Harry said.
“They say… you can get things?”, said the Xvart.
“Graston it is? Right? What can I try to get for you?”
The Xvart hesitated.
“Bra.”
He took out a crumpled up photo of one of the female players of Vangaziland.
“You want an autograph?”, Harry asked.
Graston looked confused.
“Bra”, he said again, taking his hands to his chest.
“You want her Bra?”, Harry said, pointing to the photo of the player. “I don’t know…”
“Nono. Just Bra. Some Bra.”
“Ah, you want a Bra from here for your wife?”, began Harry to understand.
The Xvart looked to him with open mouth.
“Yesyes. For waifi”, he then said.
“I can give it a look here in a shopping area, if you want to accompany me…”, began Harry, but the Xvart was already on the way out when someone knocked at the door.
“Nono. Thanks. Thanks”, he babbled, opening the door and running past two other Xvarts who stick their heads in.

“Ok. Come in”, said Harry. He then remembered that he should have asked for the size of the Bra. And what material he would prefer.
“Daphikini and … Ufemyn?”, he greeted the two.
The Xvarts nodded.
After a while Ufemyn jogged Daphikinis elbow.
“We… can you get this?”
He showed another crumbled photo of a player from Vangaziland that had been fished out of a wastebin.
“You want...what do you want?”, asked Harry.
The two discussed in their language.
“Photo with..writing on it.”
“Ah. You want an autograph. Why don’t you ask the player yourself?”
They looked at him confused.
“Why don’t you go to him..”, he pointed at the players photo “..and ask him? Give me your autograph please?”
“Nono”, the two said.
“Can’t ask enemy for that weselfs”, said Ufemyn.
“Embarrassing”, confirmed Daphikini shaking his head.
“Ah, ok. Well, I will try to get one.”
“Thanksthanks”, the two said and went to the door.

“Oh, you are out of the same village as Graston, right?”, he called after them.
The two nodded.
“Erm...Do you know what his wife looks like?”
The two conversed again in their language.
“He have no wife. He alone”, said Ufemyn.
“Oh. Ok. Thank you”, said Harry.

When the two were gone he looked through his notes.
A brassiere. An autograph. A local delicacy. Sunglasses. A doll. A snake. And a Parka. He had some things to buy or get.
Last edited by Kriegiersien on Sat Jan 16, 2021 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports