NATION

PASSWORD

[DRAFT] Hit the Bricks

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

[DRAFT] Hit the Bricks

Postby Fauxia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:51 pm

I was bored, in the mood to write and didn't know how to start something new. So I decided to rework another two year old draft... We'll see how this one goes.

Second Draft
[description] For as long as you have been in power, conspiracy theorists have claimed that your government is run by secret societies of alien-demon-lizard people intent on global domination. Your Minister of Intelligence, who is now going by "O", used this as an excuse to investigate senior members of the cabinet. O found that more than half of them were members of an organization known as the Brickmeisters.

[validity] all nations

[option] "I've known they were up to something ever since they didn't invite me to that happy hour!" exclaims O, whose hands are singed after attempting to sign off on a report with an exploding pen. "We can't possibly trust they weren't plotting against us in those secret meetings! You must sack your entire cabinet, other than yours truly, of course. They may all be compromised, other than yours truly, of course. Then, pass a law requiring all politicians to disclose all organizations they are a part of. Other than yours truly, of course."
[fallout] the government is in shambles after the removal of its foundation

[option] "They're called secret societies for a reason, you know," remarks @@RANDOMNAME@@, an advisor in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, whose minister was implicated in the report. "They aren't going to disclose their allegiance, and if we aren't careful, they could get out of it. We need to thoroughly investigate every government official for ties to subversive organizations like the Brickmeisters, and ban them outright."
[fallout] book clubs are now banned

[option] Your Minister of Foreign Affairs barges into the room most undiplomatically. "This investigation was totally uncalled for!" @@HE@@ claims, wagging @@HIS@@ finger at O, who has failed to slink into the shadows just this once. "This travesty and campaign of lies was accomplished through violating the privacy of senior government officials: wiretapping our offices, watching us take bubble baths, breaking into our secret stash of - never mind, nothing at all. We Brickmeisters are harmless, but the Minister of Intelligence clearly is up to no good. @@HE(1)@@ is the one who should be removed!"

[description] Conspiracy theorists have long held that your government is run by secret societies of lizard people intent on world domination. This was apparently "just cause" for your Minister of Intelligence, now going by "O", to stage an impromptu investigation into the allegiances of your cabinet. The results show that at least half of the cabinet belongs to a secret society known as the Brickmeisters.

[validity] all nations

[option] "I knew they were up to something!" exclaims O, whose hands are singed after attempting to sign off on the report with an exploding pen. "We can't trust anyone in these secret societies not to have ulterior motives: we don't know what goes on in those meetings. @@LEADER@@, you must sack your entire cabinet. They may all be compromised, besides me, of course. Then, pass a law requiring all politicians to disclose all organizations they are a part of."
[fallout] cabinet members resign for being in book clubs that meet at night

[option] "They're called secret societies for a reason, you know," remarks @@RANDOMNAME@@, an advisor in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, whose minister was implicated in the report. "They aren't going to disclose their allegiance. We need to thoroughly investigate every government official for ties to subversive organizations like the Brickmeisters, and ban them outright. Nothing good can possibly come of them, right?"
[fallout] the government is in shambles after the removal of its foundation

[option] Your Minister of Defense barges into the room most undiplomatically. "This investigation was totally uncalled for!" he claims, his shaking finger pointed at "O", who has failed to slink into the shadows just this once. "And it involved violating the privacy of the most senior members of the government, wiretapping our offices, and stealing into our secret stash of - oh, nevermind. The point is, the Brickmeisters are harmless. It's that disgraceful Minister of Intelligence you must get rid of, @@LEADER@@."
[fallout] government advisors get promotions for plotting coups
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Lelscrep
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lelscrep » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:40 pm

So, I don't think I'm making an ass out of myself in assuming that this issue draws inspiration from that "QAnon" garbage. The reason I bring this up is Q only has that name because they are anonymous; I don't really see much reason why your publicly known Minister of Intelligence would don a pseudonym.

I also think it may do some good to differentiate the first two options, as basically any government who goes with option one would investigate their politicians whether they've confessed to belonging to a secret society or not - you don't exactly take a criminal suspect for their word alone.

I also really liked fallout two. :)
Seventh(?) time not dead nation.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:00 am

Lelscrep wrote:So, I don't think I'm making an ass out of myself in assuming that this issue draws inspiration from that "QAnon" garbage. The reason I bring this up is Q only has that name because they are anonymous; I don't really see much reason why your publicly known Minister of Intelligence would don a pseudonym.

I also think it may do some good to differentiate the first two options, as basically any government who goes with option one would investigate their politicians whether they've confessed to belonging to a secret society or not - you don't exactly take a criminal suspect for their word alone.

Hey Lelscrep.

It doesn’t actually really draw inspiration from QAnon. It was barely around when I wrote the original draft in 2018. Conspiracy theories about freemasons have been around for centuries - more about the undue influence of secretive groups than the evil practices of politicians.

As for the Minister’s name, the Minister is supposed to seem paranoid. In the MADness chain, the Intelligence Minister is "N"; I just slid up the alphabet a letter. Concealing the Minister’s identity is hardly a new NS thing.

Thanks for pointing the options out to me - the point was that the former only banned them from government but the latter banned secret societies in their entirety. However, re-reading it, I realize that’s not clear. I’ll fix that next draft.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Lelscrep
Envoy

Founded: Apr 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lelscrep » Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:36 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Lelscrep wrote:So, I don't think I'm making an ass out of myself in assuming that this issue draws inspiration from that "QAnon" garbage. The reason I bring this up is Q only has that name because they are anonymous; I don't really see much reason why your publicly known Minister of Intelligence would don a pseudonym.

Hey Lelscrep.

It doesn’t actually really draw inspiration from QAnon. It was barely around when I wrote the original draft in 2018. Conspiracy theories about freemasons have been around for centuries - more about the undue influence of secretive groups than the evil practices of politicians.

As for the Minister’s name, the Minister is supposed to seem paranoid. In the MADness chain, the Intelligence Minister is "N"; I just slid up the alphabet a letter. Concealing the Minister’s identity is hardly a new NS thing.

Thanks for pointing the options out to me - the point was that the former only banned them from government but the latter banned secret societies in their entirety. However, re-reading it, I realize that’s not clear. I’ll fix that next draft.

Turns out I was making an ass of myself. :lol:
Seventh(?) time not dead nation.

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:56 pm

Lelscrep wrote:
Fauxia wrote:Hey Lelscrep.

Turns out I was making an ass of myself. :lol:

Eh, I get the connections :P

Far Tholk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 09, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Far Tholk » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:20 am

I love it! The single-letter pseudonym also reminds me of "L" from Death Note.

Nitpicks: I would change "a part of" to "members of," just sounds better to me and "politicians" is plural so "a" part of is a little wonky. Change "whose minister" to "whose boss," slightly easier to follow. And could you sneak one more LEGO joke in somewhere? ;)

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:16 pm

But wouldn't leader be a member of the alleged secret society, and thus in on it?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:36 am

Australian rePublic wrote:But wouldn't leader be a member of the alleged secret society, and thus in on it?

Nope, which is why @@HE@@ might be suspicious about it. It's not really alleged at this point, either. The Minister has proven it.

Pluvie
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Pluvie » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:04 am

So it might just be me but I feel like the effect lines for option 1 and 2 would make more sense switched? Option 1 is "fire everyone" and effect line 2 talks about removal of the foundation. On the other hand, option 2 says we should just thoroughly investigate everyone and so I think effect line 1 would make more sense there.

Mostly I see the difference between option 1 and 2 to be mostly fire everyone on the spot vs investigate them all and the effect lines at the moment feel switched
You're Beautiful!! Have a great day
Writer, editor, and generally curious cat
Let me know if you ever need help with writing or editing and I’m always willing to lend a helpful hand!
Feel free to telegram or dm me on discord!
Have a heckin day ^-^

Fauxia
Senator

Postby Fauxia » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:50 pm

Well, revived this draft after five months I guess, updated the draft.

Switched the effect lines in Options 1 and 2, as suggested.
Last edited by Fauxia on Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?