NATION

PASSWORD

Icarus (Sci-fi/Time-travel|OOC|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Icarus (Sci-fi/Time-travel|OOC|Open)

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:19 pm

Welcome to Icarus, a character RP centred on a group of people from different time periods who wake up on a mysterious ship: the Icarus. In this RP you will have the option of playing as a person from any time and place in Earth’s history (though not a famous figure) with a mission to track down and stop a rogue time traveller from changing human history for his own ends. On a more personal level there is also the question as to how you came to be here and whether you are, in fact, still really you. Will you tread lightly or cause a ripple through time?

This RP is part of the larger ‘Andormedaverse’ series of RPs, though there is no need to have read any of the other threads to take part in ‘Icarus’.

Finally, this RP is open to latecomers. Your character will wake up in a mysterious pod, and it will be stated in the first post that not all the pods have opened. If you want to join once the IC has started we will just write that another pod has opened and you are free to join the action!

SETTING

Waking up from your Pod
You have the memories of an entire lifetime. From childhood, right through to the moment when your vision faded, you took your last breath and… you woke up and drew another. If you were old or infirm, you aren’t anymore. Old scars and injuries that you accumulated through the years of your life have been washed away and you are in the peak of health. You are, in fact, healthier than you have ever been (though there will be plenty of time for you to change that).

Wherever it was that you died, you are now lying in a metal pod not much bigger than you, wearing a simple grey jumpsuit. The lid of your one, along with those of several others, has been slid back and there is nothing to stop you getting out, though others remain closed. There is no indication of what lies beyond the metallic walls. You have no idea where you are and no idea how long it has been since the moment you thought you had died.

Other people are waking up at the same time as you. They are unfamiliar, strangers who speak a variety of languages, yet if you focus on them you find you can understand what they say and if you focus a little harder, you can speak the same language as them. They seem to be as confused about how they ended up here as you do.

Whatever your religion or philosophy, the metal walls, the dim strip-lighting overhead, and the dull hum of engines somewhere nearby do not seem like an afterlife. Something very strange is happening here and you are going to get to the bottom of it...

The Icarus
The Icarus, that will come to be your home is a compact ship capable of interstellar travel but, more importantly, time travel. It is invisible on 21st century radars etc. though it can still be seen if someone choses to park it somewhere really obvious.

The Top Deck (Main Deck): contains the bridge at the front of the ship with two corridors running towards the aft. There is a galley/mess hall in the centre, a stairwell leading to the lower deck and crew quarters to either side.

The Lower Deck (Engineering Deck): Mostly a storage facility, though there is also a gym, a rec room, a medical station, an armoury as well as the entry ramp and airlock.

The Aft Section: The rear of the ship is where the engines and other systems are housed at the rear of the ship, taking up both floors. A second stairwell in this section allows people to and from the upper walkways and access the top deck.

TECHNOLOGY

As this is sci-fi, there are a number of pieces of technology that will be mentioned in the RP. Here is some info on them:

Skrim Drive: The ‘Skrim Drive’ is the FTL drive that allows the Icarus to phase across to hyperspace, where an object can travel faster than light (if it ever leaves earth). Opening a hyperspace window requires a lot of energy and several minutes to 'spin the drive up'. Skrim Drives are prone to overheating and longer hyperspace journeys will need to be made in hops. That, along with the speed limitation means that most journeys between stars will take days or weeks.

Most ships built in the era of the Icarus can detect a hyperspace window opening or closing a few minutes before the ship utilising their Skrim drive moves through it.

Temporal Drive: What sets the Icarus apart from ‘spaceships’ is the Temporal Drive. The exact mechanics of the drive are not understood by anyone on board, but it can shift you to any date in history, near instantaneously.
Making a time jump is an extremely complex procedure and, even with the assistance of the ship’s computer, it takes around 24 hours to make the necessary calculations. Jumps must be made from orbit to avoid reappearing inside another object, something which would almost certainly be fatal for the crew.

Translator Nanites: At some point while you were asleep, someone injected you with nanites which work in your brain to translate foreign languages. If you concentrate hard enough you can even speak the foreign language… A lot faster than a crash course in Ancient Hittite.

Shields: The Icarus is fitted with energy shields to prevent damage from space debris as well as weapon fire.

Energy weapons (Blasters): In the era in which the Icarus was built, direct energy weapons are the main weapon of war. There are some on the ship, though these are there for the defence of the ship only, mostly because maintaining a disguise is important, but also because it wouldn’t be great if you left a future weapon at some random point in the past…

THE RULES

And because it seems important to write these out, here are a few rules for making a better society:

• Decisions: My word and the word of anyone I appoint as a Co-OP is binding. If you don’t like a decision, you can, of course, ask for us to reconsider it. Once. If we made a decision you don’t like, complaining for pages and pages is not going to endear you to anyone. Not me, not the Co-OPs and not your fellow writers. On that note, I intend to run this thread as an anarcho-communist cooperative. This is an unnecessarily complicated way of saying that my word DOES NOT overrule theirs. If there is an appeal and a dispute amongst the Co-OPs we will take a vote on the matter.
  • Post Quality: I don’t have a problem with short posts but please use proper spelling (I don’t care what regional variant), grammar etc.
    Ideally also try to include a 'hook' when you write a post, which is to say something that gives other people something to respond to. If your post is something along the lines of 'Bilbo Baggins stayed in his room and read a book while the world was ending', don't be surprised if nobody responds to you.
  • Posting Commitment: Nothing is worse than making an RP only for it to die. Please try to make at least one post every 48 hours or so. If you find yourself unable to post, please let me know in the OOC thread. If it looks like you've abandoned a character in the middle of a fight scene I might decide to kill them off if I'm feeling particularly malicious.
  • Posting Speed: On the flip side, blitz posting can also be infuriating. So, especially during the important scenes, I recommend giving your fellow players a reasonable time to make a reply. We all have real lives. That being said, if someone leaves everyone waiting for over 48 hours, feel free to carry on the scene without them.
  • OOC thread Manners: Nothing annoys me more than bad manners on an OOC thread (apart from that 'Look at my horse, my horse is amazing' song). Swearing, passive-aggressive sniping or any other rude behaviour are not welcome on the OOC. I will warn you once. If you can’t control yourself I will ask you to remove yourself from the thread.
  • IC thread Manners: Remember, we are writing a story together, not playing to win.
  • Character Death: Player death is possible in this RP, though will be quite rare and easily avoidable. Please don’t write that you have killed another character unless you have OOC permission from the character's owner to do it. Beat them into a pulp or take them prisoner, but don’t kill them. Having said that, if someone does something really stupid, I reserve the right to announce your character has got themselves killed. Likewise, if someone goes inactive in the middle of a fight scene without explanation and cannot be raised, I may decide to kill their character off.
  • Keep it PG13: Shouldn’t need to be telling you this really but keep the erotica and gorn off the thread. Hopefully you all know how to write forum-safe stuff. I will be extremely disappointed if the mods have to pay us a visit.
  • Banning Players: I really don’t want to be doing that but reserve the right to do so if you cannot follow the (hopefully, rather simple) rules above.

APPLICATION FORMS

Rules for Character Apps: There are a few rules for character aps.
  • No famous figures from history. However you chose to write this kind of character will cause controversy.
  • Please don’t app to write a child.
  • If you want to write a character from the future (i.e. who lived beyond 2021), clear it with me first.
  • However old you were before you died, your body is now somewhere between the age of 20 and 40.

When filling in an application form, please delete everything in parentheses.

Character App
Code: Select all
[box]
[size=150][b]Character Description[/b][/size]
[list][b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [spoiler](Feel free to describe with text or put pictures in here.  If you are using a picture, personally, I find it easier to picture a character who is shown in photo/realistic drawing though I'm not going to get funny about anything else.  Unless it is your personal stick-man art.  I might draw the line at that.)[/spoiler]
[b]Original Lifespan:[/b] (what years did they live from/to?)
[b]Biological Age now:[/b] (how old is your body as you get out of the pod?)
[/list]

[hr][/hr][size=150][b]Strengths and Weaknesses[/b][/size]
[list]
[b]Skills[/b]: (Is there anything you are significantly better at than most other people?)
[b]Weaknesses[/b]: (Is there anything your character is really rubbish at?  Not essential you put anything in, but can be fun) 
[/list]

[hr][/hr][size=150][b]Background:[/b][/size]
[list]
[b]Backstory[/b]:(Tell us about your life)
[b]Cause of death[/b]:
[/list][/box]

Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 12, 2010
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:28 pm

tag

Character Description
    Name: Lady Miriam, Ritter von Donnersberg
    Appearance:

Original Lifespan: 1316-1348
    Biological Age now: 32

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Horsemanship, Mounted Combat. Swordsmanship, Archery. Astronavigation and basic survival skills.
    Weaknesses: Depth perception, seeing things on the left peripheral. Slightly insecure that people will think less of her for being female and for being injured.

Background:
    Backstory: Miriam was born to a noble house near Falkenstein, a town in service to the castle and Counts of the same name. Despite her gender, she trained in the ways of the knight. Eventually she received her own fiefdom near the mountain of Donnersberg after proving herself capable alongside her male peers. As a soldier of the Palatinate, she travelled throughout the region on the orders of the Count Palatine of the Rhine to ensure order and prosperity in the territory.

At some point, one of these excursions went awry when heavily armed bandits from nearby Hesse were attempting to lay siege to a village in order to extort them. Miriam and a pair of companions attempted to fight them off but she suffered a grievous wound that cost her her left eye. A number of the villagers were killed as the result of a fire that broke out, and the event haunted her for the rest of her days. Despite anything she did, her mind always had a habit of wandering back to that failure which was compounded by the physical reminder she carried on her face.

Years later, in a border skirmish with the French near modern Saarland, Miriam was struck down by a bolt from a French springald. Her body was buried at the edge of a forest, marking her as a Ritter in the service of the Holy Roman Empire.

Cause of death: Killed by a springald
Last edited by Demencia on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Fegun
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fegun » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:39 pm

This is truly a drip moment
Some people put something smart, some people put something snarky, some might use it for the message, some might use it for their ads, but not me says instead i'll put this here because I could not think of something original to write.

Europa Undivided
Minister

Founded: Jun 18, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Europa Undivided » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:09 pm

Character Description
    Name: Jean-Luc Picard Lafayette
    Appearance:

Original Lifespan: 2098-2133
    Biological Age now: 35

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:

Battlefield Commander: As a former captain for the French Interstellar Navy, Jean-Luc has the instinct of a Commander. He is able to strategize based on terrain and available data, and while he doesn't have the aura of inspiration, he sure gets the job done.

Marksman: Jean-Luc is skilled with firearms of any type, though he prefers rifles.
    Weaknesses:

Sensitive to noise: He is easily distracted by excessive noises as he has naturally more sensitive ears.

Sickly: He has a weaker immune system than most people.

Background:
Backstory: Jean-Luc Lafayette was born in Paris, France. He always carried himself with aristocratic bearing, and was always confident that he was destined for great things as an important official on the colony that the French had built on Enceladus, which was governed by one of the Lafayettes as well. However, despite his wealthy upbringing, his own nuclear family was a fractured one. He refuses to speak of it, but by the time he entered the officer corps at age 26 of the Marine Interstellaire, his father was already in Sweden for no specified reason.

He entered Greenwich University in Britain for his first bachelors degree at age 18, and he did well in his studies. However, during his senior year, he would find himself acquainted with one of the freshmen, a Filipino-German by the name of Andres Barbarossa, whom he regarded as a younger brother as if they were the same blood. Andres was quite peculiar; he was of half German and Filipino stock born in Dresden, but he had a Scottish accent that was brought about by living most of his life in Edinburgh. He was also very eccentric and babbled quite a lot, and as a result only had his lab partner Klaus Ward and Jean-Luc as friends.

Though they only had one year of company, they kept in touch until the Ragons attacked.

After he graduated, Jean-Luc entered the naval academy. He would quickly rise in the ranks once he finished, eventually reaching the rank of captain after two years. Jean commanded the Aquitaine, which was one of the more advanced space warships of the Marine Interstellaire. He would participate in some of the skirmishes against Russian forces until the French ships Aquitaine and the Napoleon were all crippled beyond repair on the New Burgundian shipyards by Russian operatives led by a certain Ivan Ivanovich Ivanovsky. The British Royal Navy vessels called the Queen Elizabeth and the Britannia Eternal were not spared either.

With his ship destroyed and no replacements due soon, Jean-Luc was placed as commander of a squadron of atmospheric airships stationed on Enceladus. This would continue until the Ragon invasion, where he led the defense of Enceladus’ airspace for about two hours before being forced to retreat by 90% losses. With defeat certain, he took what remained of the people of New Burgundy and fled back to Earth. What remained were quite few, either way.

On Earth, the month long battle for the planet was participated on by whatever remnants of the Marine Interstellaire still remained. Jean-Luc never got to command another ship though, as before any more vessels could be produced, Earth had fallen completely. At that time, he was acting as a security detail officer of the United Nations Headquarters in New York, and when Ragon warships began to land on the city, he instinctively fled to the subways along with the handful on Marine Interstellaire officers and personnel that he had with him. He would find himself as part of the underground... and side by side with the same man that blew up his ship several years back. In an ironic twist of fate brought on by circumstance, he would grow to have a deep friendship with Ivan Ivanovich Ivanovsky, showing none of their hostile background. In fact, it was as if there was never one to begin with.

It was after five years of alien occupation did a certain Tariq Al Zubi and Rebecca Cohen, who had come from across the Atlantic, came to the New York underground and offered a plan to save the world by travelling through time. Though initially skeptical, Jean and a group of others left the city to head for Denver. Once they had reached their destination, though, they would be betrayed by someone who had joined them in the middle of the journey, and the Ragons came and assaulted the facility, killing the majority of the group. Jean was one of those that were lost in the fighting.
Cause of death: Eaten by an alien lizard. By a group of them, I mean.
Last edited by Europa Undivided on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Protestant ~ RPer ~ House of RepresentaThieves ~ Worldbuilder ~ Filipino ~ Centrist ~ Pro-Life ~ Agent of Chaos ~ Discord: derangedtroglodyte ~ No Ani Anquietas, hic qua videum
“Those who cannot conceive Friendship as a substantive love but only as a disguise or elaboration of Eros betray the fact that they have never had a Friend." - C.S. Lewis
“War is cringe." - Moon Tzu, the Art of Peace

Lessoni
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 24, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Lessoni » Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:23 pm

Character Description
    Name: Paul Goodwin
    Appearance:
    6’0, 180 lbs

Original Lifespan: 1895-1918
    Biological Age now: 23

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:

-Close quarters combat: Well versed in the brutality of the trenches, especially with the blunt clubs he preferred

-Military training: Of decent proficiency in aiming a rifle, discipline, and everything else military life may entail.

Weaknesses:

-Shellshocked: Blasts of any sort can bring Paul back into the forest

Background:
Backstory: A grand adventure. That’s what it was supposed to be, a jaunt across the Atlantic to give the Hun a good smacking around, and home before their mother’s had a chance to miss them. A grand adventure, all his friends were going, and so Paul signed up, and before he could blink he was through basic and across the sea. He sang songs in the trucks alongside the men he’d grown closer to over the months of training. Out of twenty men he’d trained with, he was one of the 8 to survive the first push into the Argonne.

It took a week of fighting for Paul, a week of watching the boys he’d grown up alongside, some of his closest friends, blown to bits, shot, stabbed, beaten, a week of Hell in the forest, before Paul wept at night, wept for home, for his friends, for his mother, the sleep he got broken by the bangs in the night and the screams of the wounded. Weeks more of desperate brawls where he found himself swinging a club taken from his CO's body, firing his rifle with hands so shaky he could barely work the bolt, praying every night that his eternal soul might find deliverance from the sins of war, weeks more and he stopped weeping.

It was at a push into a German communications hub that Paul found his end. He’d been in the back wave of the assault, the one that made it past German fortifications, and cleared the place out. He’d dropped the last Jerry himself, clubbing him in the head as he screamed into a wireless. It was five minutes after that he wished he’d been a little faster, as he heard the whistling of shells. There was no time to get to cover; Paul Goodwin met his end when a shell landed not ten feet to his right. There was nothing left to send to his parents, besides a lighter engraved “Memento Mori” found on his bunk.
Cause of death: Artillery shell
Last edited by Lessoni on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:44 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Pebis

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:28 am

Europa Undivided wrote:
[box]Character Description
    Name: Jean-Luc Picard Lafayette
    Appearance:
    Original Lifespan: 2098-2133
    Biological Age now: 35

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:

Battlefield Commander: As a former captain for the French Interstellar Navy, Jean-Luc has the instinct of a Commander. He is able to strategize based on terrain and available data, and while he doesn't have the aura of inspiration, he sure gets the job done.

Marksman: Jean-Luc is skilled with firearms of any type, though he prefers rifles.
    Weaknesses:

Sensitive to noise: He is easily distracted by excessive noises as he has naturally more sensitive ears.

Sickly: He has a weaker immune system than most people.

Lessoni wrote:Character Description
    Name: Paul Goodwin
    Appearance:
    Original Lifespan: 1895-1918
    Biological Age now: 23

Both of these lads are good to go!
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jan 13, 2021 7:21 am

Tag. I will make time for this. But only one character. Let's just say I have an idea.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:17 pm

Talchyon wrote:Tag. I will make time for this. But only one character. Let's just say I have an idea.

Grand, glad to have you onboard!

Voxija
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2019
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Voxija » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:12 pm

I want to be part of an official Andromedaverse RP. And I also want to write a character from Ancient Rome. Well, the perfect opportunity!

Character Description
    Name: Cornelia Quinta
    Appearance:

Original Lifespan: AD 38-72
    Biological Age now: 33 years old

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: -A calming influence. When everyone else is freaking out, she can calm everyone down and help people focus.
    -Quick learner. Although she doesn't know much already, Cornelia is able to learn things fast.
    Weaknesses: -Indecisive. When Cornelia is told to do something, she can do it quick. But when she's presented with multiple options, she will take too much time deciding and weighing the options.
    -Cowardly. Cornelia is much more likely to run away from danger than to face it. This also comes with a certain treacherous streak, or being willing to betray others to save her own skin.

Background:
Backstory: Cornelia Quinta was born into a well-off Roman family in AD 38. Her father was Marcus Cornelius Quintus, a general who became a senator, and her mother was Apollonia Quinta, the daughter of a wealthy farmer. Cornelia grew up with her brothers and sisters, at first being taught by a pedagogue the ways of the world, and then being taught by her mother how to run a household. With an appetite for knowledge, Cornelia soaked up the lessons, looking forward to the time when she would run a household and put her skills to use.

The time didn't come too late. When Cornelia was 13, as in the traditional fashion of Ancient Rome, she got married to a man twice her age, 25-year-old up-and-coming politician Lucius Aemilius Illyricus. When she was 16, Cornelia gave birth to her first child, little Septimus, but alas, the babe died in her arms.

By that time, Aemilius had become a known figure in the senate, but Cornelia was kept away from politics. As a good Roman matrona, she took pride in running the household well, and being the woman behind a great man—at least that's what she told herself. Secretly, Cornelia wanted to know more about politics, although her otherwise loving husband sheltered her from such things, and her duties kept Cornelia too busy to worry about anything else.

Over the years, Cornelia gave birth to four children who have survived till adulthood. The first baby to survive was Aemilia Illyrica, who Cornelia lived to see married off. At the age of 21, Cornelia gave birth to Primus Aemilius Illyricus. At the age of 25, Cornelia gave birth to Gaius Aemilius Illyricus. At the age of 30, she gave birth to another daughter, who was also named Aemilia Illyrica. In between those babies, Cornelia also gave birth to two children who didn't survive infancy. Such were the perils of Ancient Rome.

In the year 68, Aemilius Illyricus backed the wrong general, so the family had to move to a villa in the south of Italy and become farmers. Cornelia knew nothing about politics, and she loved it there. The peace, the farming life, the quiet. She drank up as many details about farming as she could, although she didn't dare to work with her hands, as she felt that wasn't her purpose, and she settled for management.

Cause of death: Cornelia Quinta eventually died in childbirth. It was a difficult pregnancy, which could be attributed to Cornelia's age. No matter what the midwife could've done, it wouldn't have stopped Cornelia from passing away. If you are interested, the child was stillborn.
The Republic of Voxija (pronounced: Voshiya)
I'm a woman. Some weird Jew. Trying to learn French and failing. An American who wishes the US would switch to the metric system. Part of a giant conspiracy. Secret pyromaniac? I will never make an OOC factbook!

my politics are confused and muddled
Most of my grammar errors are on purpose. Sppeling errors, tho...
I'd rather be fishing. | Author of Issues 1324 and 1346.
Generic MT liberal democracy Meh. | I think that by now I've created more lore for my nation than most real-world nations have.
Disclaimer: the views of my characters do not necessarily represent the views of the author.

Bingellia
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 27, 2014
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Bingellia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Voxija wrote:I want to be part of an official Andromedaverse RP. And I also want to write a character from Ancient Rome. Well, the perfect opportunity!

Character Description
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: -A calming influence. When everyone else is freaking out, she can calm everyone down and help people focus.
    -Quick learner. Although she doesn't know much already, Cornelia is able to learn things fast.
    Weaknesses: -Indecisive. When Cornelia is told to do something, she can do it quick. But when she's presented with multiple options, she will take too much time deciding and weighing the options.
    -Cowardly. Cornelia is much more likely to run away from danger than to face it. This also comes with a certain treacherous streak, or being willing to betray others to save her own skin.

Background:
Backstory: Cornelia Quinta was born into a well-off Roman family in AD 38. Her father was Marcus Cornelius Quintus, a general who became a senator, and her mother was Apollonia Quinta, the daughter of a wealthy farmer. Cornelia grew up with her brothers and sisters, at first being taught by a pedagogue the ways of the world, and then being taught by her mother how to run a household. With an appetite for knowledge, Cornelia soaked up the lessons, looking forward to the time when she would run a household and put her skills to use.

The time didn't come too late. When Cornelia was 13, as in the traditional fashion of Ancient Rome, she got married to a man twice her age, 25-year-old up-and-coming politician Lucius Aemilius Illyricus. When she was 16, Cornelia gave birth to her first child, little Septimus, but alas, the babe died in her arms.

By that time, Aemilius had become a known figure in the senate, but Cornelia was kept away from politics. As a good Roman matrona, she took pride in running the household well, and being the woman behind a great man—at least that's what she told herself. Secretly, Cornelia wanted to know more about politics, although her otherwise loving husband sheltered her from such things, and her duties kept Cornelia too busy to worry about anything else.

Over the years, Cornelia gave birth to four children who have survived till adulthood. The first baby to survive was Aemilia Illyrica, who Cornelia lived to see married off. At the age of 21, Cornelia gave birth to Primus Aemilius Illyricus. At the age of 25, Cornelia gave birth to Gaius Aemilius Illyricus. At the age of 30, she gave birth to another daughter, who was also named Aemilia Illyrica. In between those babies, Cornelia also gave birth to two children who didn't survive infancy. Such were the perils of Ancient Rome.

In the year 68, Aemilius Illyricus backed the wrong general, so the family had to move to a villa in the south of Italy and become farmers. Cornelia knew nothing about politics, and she loved it there. The peace, the farming life, the quiet. She drank up as many details about farming as she could, although she didn't dare to work with her hands, as she felt that wasn't her purpose, and she settled for management.

Cause of death: Cornelia Quinta eventually died in childbirth. It was a difficult pregnancy, which could be attributed to Cornelia's age. No matter what the midwife could've done, it wouldn't have stopped Cornelia from passing away. If you are interested, the child was stillborn.

Good to have you, Voxija
You can call me Bing for short.
When in Rome, write a Roman.
Puns are the highest form of humor.
Best NS Bureaucrat 2020

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:09 pm

Voxija wrote:I want to be part of an official Andromedaverse RP. And I also want to write a character from Ancient Rome. Well, the perfect opportunity!

Character Description
-snip-

Hey Vox! Cool. Another RP we are in together. It will be interesting to see how you and I do in a non-comedy.
Last edited by Talchyon on Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:56 pm

Outside of possibly tweaking/adding minor bio stuff that won't have any bearing on the app, this is done.

Character Description
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Horsemanship, Mounted Combat. Swordsmanship, Archery. Astronavigation and basic survival skills.
    Weaknesses: Depth perception, seeing things on the left peripheral. Slightly insecure that people will think less of her for being female and for being injured.

Background:
    Backstory: Miriam was born to a noble house near Falkenstein, a town in service to the castle and Counts of the same name. Despite her gender, she trained in the ways of the knight, only to have to put her skill with a blade to use against her own family first. Not keen to be beaten out to a title by a mere woman, some of her male relatives tried instead to claim the estate at Donnersberg though none of them were able to successfully fend off Miriam's ability. Eventually she received more than a modicum of respect after proving herself capable alongside her male peers and people began to take notice of her. As a soldier of the Palatinate, she travelled throughout the region on the orders of the Count Palatine of the Rhine to ensure order and prosperity in the territory.

At some point, one of these excursions went awry when heavily armed bandits from nearby Hesse were attempting to lay siege to a village in order to extort them. Miriam and a pair of companions attempted to fight them off but she suffered a grievous wound that cost her her left eye. A number of the villagers were killed as the result of a fire that broke out, and the event haunted her for the rest of her days. Despite anything she did, her mind always had a habit of wandering back to that failure which was compounded by the physical reminder she carried on her face.

Years later, in a border skirmish with the French near modern Saarland, Miriam was struck down by a bolt from a French springald. Her body was buried at the edge of a forest, marking her as a Ritter in the service of the Holy Roman Empire.

Last edited by Demencia on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fegun
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fegun » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:45 am

Character Description
    Name: Rudy Billup
    Appearance:

Original Lifespan: 1920-1944
    Biological Age now: 23 was in the year of becoming 24.

Strengths and Weaknesses A hardworking and stubborn optimist who has a 'see it to believe it' attitude. He prefers to tackle ideas and concepts as simply as possible to eliminate any excuse to give up leading to 'practical solutions' to impractical problems. This doesn't reveal itself normally in conversation due to his inherent politeness; if he's not trying to make a poor attempt at flirting that is. Besides the case he's not one to shy away from challenges will just make a lot of mistakes trying to do it 'his way' the may I put succinctly once more the 'practical way'. religious
    Skills: Saxophone, cleaning, making quick fixes to small simple items, pretty decent cook, cutting hair, funny voices, and oddly enough decent disguise making, handwriting, drawing, Astronomy, just being street smart
    Weaknesses: math above (our present-day) 4th grade is a toughie, saving money, flirting, singing, flexibility, most education that didn't affect his daily life was lost on him, so not being book smart.

Background:
Backstory:
Rudy was born in Lansing, Michigan to a star never formed and a wandering moon that never learned to stick to a system. 'Free spirits' you could call them but not lost souls because they knew where they were because they had each other. Then Rudy came, inadvertently forcing her to expend what little she could muster to usher him into that the dotted expanse of the world before she faded out. His father pulled him into his ring but it was distant and wobbly. Rudy nurtured what warmth he could find in this small family from what little his mother left behind, her music, and her stories on constellations.

And what warmth it was in that cold world. He barely went to school most of the time spent working around the house or working a job for anyone willing to take up a little boy's offer to shine shoes or clean their windows. He walked close and fast, hugging the side streets so he could avoid starting trouble with people who didn't like his look, or maybe the way he talks, or anything really. He did his best to keep low for a long time getting what solace he could try to decipher whatever foreign symbols known as music were in his mom's diary or retelling the same old tale on the big dipper to himself.

The story was short, about god coming down to earth as a man asking for water in a poor ole' dried up town just when he was about to turn away in disappointment a woman urges him to stay as she tries the fountain several times only to get a handful of water. He asks her to clean it for him and she protests there will not be any water if she tries but he promises it'll be okay so she does. In impossible odds, she comes back with a big pot full of clean water in awe spilling some of it in the process. God is only pleased however as he takes a drink and blesses the pot to be able to make water forever in the sky to pour on the earth and that this woman would never grow thirsty again for doing what seemed impossible. That was what Rudy wanted to do the impossible or something like that if it got you to place in the stars.

So he worked on what he truly knew and loved, music that could reach everywhere, however he had no instrument. So he worked as hard he could to save up for something anything but stores refused him, his dad refused him, and it seemed like god refused when he prayed. So he stole a saxophone on a house cleaning job and then prayed for forgiveness for his selfishness. Rudy would never admit that he never felt guilty doing that no because things seemed to go up from there. People hated him less, paid attention more, his father seem to want to talk, people actually wanted to help him make money, him! The start of the music climb was such an amazing high that Rudy could swear that he probably didn't ask for forgiveness since it seemed meant to be. All this happiness couldn't stop, not when he had to go on that bus to Bootcamp, nor when they were prepping them on that ship. He had god on his side and he'd come back and become a jazz king and be a constellation right next to god, nothing could stop him. Except for 3 drinks and the cold Atlantic ocean where he ended up falling and drowning and dying not even making it to combat.

Cause of death: drowning or hypothermia take your pick.
[/list]

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:31 am

Character Description
    Name: Nawa Tatsuaki Ukita (eventually, he will go by "Tat". His nanori or formal name is Tatsuaki)
    Appearance:

Original Lifespan: 1249-1281 (A.D.)

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Politics, horsemanship, martial arts (an early form of Kendo), governing, farming, calligraphy, and willpower. In addition, Tatsuaki has cultivated an herb garden and has learned and practiced some herbal remedies for healing purposes. While not as skilled as the medicine men, he is more than competent at identifying herbs and making salves, poultices and other remedies.
    Weaknesses: Modern warfare. Modern customs. Fitting in. Knowing what the hell is going on.

- One other very big thing with regard to Tat that can be considered a weakness is his sense of honor. Honor for Tatsuaki comes before everything. This affects not only what Tatsuaki chooses to engage in, but also how he engages in it. For example, Tat finds it shameful to run anywhere. "Great men never run. Lesser men run to them." The only exception may be on the field of battle, if one is rushing towards his enemy. And if that happens, he will yell at full volume as he does (which would make surprise attacks impossible).

Background:
    Backstory:In a tumultuous time in Japanese history, when samurai fought and a decentralized government tried to unite the feudal lords, when Mongols invaded and corrupt shogun forcefully imposed their will, Tatsuaki was born to the Nawa clan as the son of a powerful daimyo, or landed estate owner. Because of this, Tatsuaki was born into wealth, but that wealth came at the high cost of defending the lands and the people from rival clans, corrupt shoguns, and invading armies. To do this, the daimyo enlisted and supervised the samurai, giving powerful samurai their own lands, and gaining their loyalty. Tatsuaki lived in a fortress and castle his entire life, except in military campaigns when he slept in tents.

Tatsuaki was tutored in several areas, including math, Japanese history and legends, calligraphy, bookmaking, farming, horsemanship, and especially combat (proficient in the kitana and wakizashi, but also with the spear and staff).

When his powerful father died, Tatsuaki, being the eldest son, inherited all. He grew adept at politics, learning how to give to get, understanding different personalities and managing them. In short, he became a consummate daimyo.

In the year of his death, 1281, the Mongols invaded Japan for the second time. Armed with Chinese gunpowder and explosives, the invasion took its toll on the country. Tatsuaki and his forces met the Mongols on the field of battle, and it was there that he died.

Cause of death: Bomb explosion during the Mongol invasion.
Last edited by Talchyon on Tue Jan 26, 2021 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:44 pm

Character Description
    Appearance:

Accepted! Great to see you here Vox! While not listed at the top, Bing, Khas and Arengin can be assumed to be Co-OPs in any Andromedaverse RPs. I'm the creative one, but they're the ones who keep stuff working in the background.

Demencia wrote:Outside of possibly tweaking/adding minor bio stuff that won't have any bearing on the app, this is done.

Character Description
    Appearance:

Strengths and Weaknesses

Background:
    Backstory: Miriam was born to a noble house near Falkenstein, a town in service to the castle and Counts of the same name. Despite her gender, she trained in the ways of the knight. Eventually she received her own fiefdom near the mountain of Donnersberg after proving herself capable alongside her male peers. As a soldier of the Palatinate, she travelled throughout the region on the orders of the Count Palatine of the Rhine to ensure order and prosperity in the territory.

I am going to recommend some changes to the backstory.

Basically, I've got no issues with having a female Ritter but I'd like it to seem a bit more like something out of the ordinary and not like the German aristocracy were cool with that sort of thing... because they assuredly wouldn't have been for the most part. First up, Ritter is an inherited title. I'd suggest going for inheriting the title rather than an fief being given out. Female inheritances were quite often disputed in the middle ages (e.g. the Anarchy) so there is a pretty strong chance Miriam would have had to contest the title against a cousin, uncle or some other male relative who fancied her stuff... which makes an excellent gateway to getting into the business of fighting (also fits in line with other female commanders of the period like Joanna of Flanders; they often started off commanding the defence of a castle).

Incidentally, I think the female of Ritter is Ritterin. A Ritter's wife is a 'Frau', but I think Ritterin is the word for an actual female title holder.

Fegun wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Rudy Billup
    Appearance:
    Original Lifespan: 1920-1944
    Biological Age now: 23 was in the year of becoming 24.

Lol, what a way to go out... he's accepted!

Talchyon wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Nawa Tatsuaki Ukita (eventually, he will go by "Tat". His nanori or formal name is Tatsuaki)
    Appearance:

Original Lifespan: 1249-1281 (A.D.)

Also accepted.

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:05 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Basically, I've got no issues with having a female Ritter but I'd like it to seem a bit more like something out of the ordinary and not like the German aristocracy were cool with that sort of thing... because they assuredly wouldn't have been for the most part. First up, Ritter is an inherited title. I'd suggest going for inheriting the title rather than an fief being given out. Female inheritances were quite often disputed in the middle ages (e.g. the Anarchy) so there is a pretty strong chance Miriam would have had to contest the title against a cousin, uncle or some other male relative who fancied her stuff... which makes an excellent gateway to getting into the business of fighting (also fits in line with other female commanders of the period like Joanna of Flanders; they often started off commanding the defence of a castle).

Incidentally, I think the female of Ritter is Ritterin. A Ritter's wife is a 'Frau', but I think Ritterin is the word for an actual female title holder.

I didn't make the backstory super clear which is 100% on me but if someone were to look inside the mess that is my mind, the intent was that by being already a Lady from an unnamed noble house she would have inherited a title, but she got a separate fiefdom from her homeland in an nearby region for some reason that made sense to me at 4am a few days ago. Retroactively it is a bit silly though

Also I left it Ritter in the title intentionally, but she would refer to herself as a Ritterin only because Ritterin isn't a an actual title that existed I don't think.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:36 pm

Demencia wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

I didn't make the backstory super clear which is 100% on me but if someone were to look inside the mess that is my mind, the intent was that by being already a Lady from an unnamed noble house she would have inherited a title, but she got a separate fiefdom from her homeland in an nearby region for some reason that made sense to me at 4am a few days ago. Retroactively it is a bit silly though

Also I left it Ritter in the title intentionally, but she would refer to herself as a Ritterin only because Ritterin isn't a an actual title that existed I don't think.

Ritter works for me... I wasn't sure about that. I've heard 'Ritterin' used in a modern sense (in reference to some ceremonial order thing), but couldn't actually find any reference to what a female holder of the Ritter title in their own right would call themselves back in the day.

On another note you definitely picked the most obscure siege weapon to be killed by! Quite a nice touch.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Fri Jan 15, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:04 pm

Here's an app for anyone interested in the person who will be sort-of running the show when your characters wake up (from a rather crappy version of the future!):

Character Description
    Name: Hannah Brown
    Appearance: Hannah is a petite, unassuming woman at 5'3'' and weighing in at just under 110lb. She has dark hair, dark eyes and has been described as looking a little 'hawk-like'.

Original Lifespan: 2105 - 2134
    Biological Age now: 29 (the pods haven't changed that)

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills: Hannah is extremely organised and is an excellent planner and logistician. While she doesn't excel at much beyond that, she is a bit of a jack of all trades. She can handle a gun, can cook quite well, repair clothes, maintain weapons and has reasonable survival skills... everything you'd expect from a post-apocalyptic survivor. She is also remarkably resilient to extremes of temperature.
    Weaknesses: Hannah has a rare blood type. If she is seriously injured she cannot take a blood transfusion, even from a universal donor. She also doesn't tend to do so well in close quarters combat, which isn't aided by her small size.

Background:
    Backstory:Hannah Brown was always a clever woman, though her complete lack of any skill at self-promotion led to a rather dull career in Health and Safety Officer for the New York Subway, which is probably where she would have stayed, if the planet had not been invaded by Reptilian aliens in 2128 (the 'Ragons'). When the invaders hit New York, she was quickly cut off from her parents and brother (none of whom were ever seen again). When other people towards their homes, however, Hannah ran into the subway, slinking into the access tunnels where she was out of reach of the invading forces.

She survived for the first few weeks off the stored food and drink left behind by the other subway workers. By week three, most of the humans from the city had been harvested by the invaders, though a few had survived in hidden places that were hard for the gargantuanly sized Ragons to get into. A fair number made their way into the tunnels and the nexus of a new society began to form. Hannah, and her knowledge of the labyrinthine tunnels under the city proved invaluable to the other survivors, helping to guide the small community on foraging activities which presented minimal danger of being taken by the invaders.

Over the next few years, Hannah dedicated herself to amassing as much canned food, medication, ammunition and, most of all, gasoline as she can. She gave supplies to other survivors when they needed it, though usually on the proviso that they help her to acquire more in return. While Hannah didn't see herself as much of a soldier, she figured if the moment ever came to retake the city, and the planet, at least she'd have done her bit by creating a useful supply dump. If that day never came and humanity was reduced to a race of burrowing animals, they'd at least have a decent supply of essentials for when times were tough.

In 2133, Hannah and a foraging party encountered a group of survivors under attack by an alien hunting party. In the chaos they managed to rescue a couple and flee into a nearby tunnel. One of the pair was a charismatic Jordanian professor named Tariq al Zubi who was, it seemed, on a mission to a research facility in Denver to try to find a prototype time machine to try to stop the alien invasion before it started. Hannah, along with a number of others, agreed to accompany al Zubi.

Shortly out of New York, Hannah was bitten by an alien insect, to which she had a surprise allergic reaction. It was only once the group reached Denver that they realised that the insect was a bio-mechanical creation and Hannah had been tagged as a creature of interest. Al Zubi successfully launched the prototype time machine, though the Ragons were implacable, attacking the remaining members of the party over and over without mercy. Realising that the only chance for any of the party to survive was to sacrifice herself, Hannah allowed herself to be taken, though what happened to the others remains a mystery to her.

Hannah was kept alive for several months after being taken. She was moved to a research facility and subjected to a series of agonising experiments and while she suspects she knows what was being done to her, she couldn't say for certain. After some time the pain of the repeated injections seemed to be subsiding but, just as the worst was over, one of the scientists working on her surreptitiously turned up a dial on one of the drips feeding into her blood supply and, shortly thereafter, everything went dark. The next thing Hannah knew, she was waking up in a pod. While she couldn't understand any of what the Ragon scientists were saying, she could swear that the one who had fiddled with the drip had deliberately aimed to kill her, without the others noticing.

As for al Zubi's time machine. It worked. Though not quite as intended...

Cause of death: Died while being experimented on.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:48 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Demencia wrote:-snip-

On another note you definitely picked the most obscure siege weapon to be killed by! Quite a nice touch.

(Goes to figure out what the heck a springald is)

Fegun
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fegun » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:00 pm

Same here cool bit of history around it too apparently.
Some people put something smart, some people put something snarky, some might use it for the message, some might use it for their ads, but not me says instead i'll put this here because I could not think of something original to write.

Demencia
Chargé d'Affaires

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Demencia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Talchyon wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

A springald is like a weird not-ballista that's kinda shaped like a wooden cage and has a big corkscrew mechanism to draw back a spear.

Also i made a few tweaks to the bio in the app
Last edited by Demencia on Fri Jan 15, 2021 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nagakawa
Diplomat

Founded: May 01, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Nagakawa » Sat Jan 16, 2021 1:32 am

Character Description
    Name
    Jay Kang

Born Kang Jae-hyun (강재현)

Appearance

Jay Kang is, in essence, a young Korean guy who doesn't stand out all that much. In his college days, he was said to be rather good-looking, despite his relative social ineptitude and dorky demeanour.

Original Lifespan
    18 December 1982 - 23 December 2018
    Died aged 36

Biological Age now

Strengths and Weaknesses
    Skills:
    • Linguistics: Jay double-majored in psycholinguistics and translation in university. This turns out to be less useful than expected, due to the nanite injections received by everyone who was in the pods.
    • Cooking skills: Owing to both his parents constantly being busy during his childhood, as well as his being the eldest child, Jay is a pretty good cook.
    • Unarmed fighting: Jay was a judo champion during his college days, and represented his university's club at several intercollegiate tournaments.

Weaknesses:
    • Social skills: Perhaps ironically, considering his linguistic experience, Jay is rather socially awkward, and often comes across as shy and sometimes even cold. This becomes more of a problem later in his life.

Background:
    Backstory
    Diary entry- 21 December 2018 (last entry before the patient's death at 1:18AM on 23 December 2018)
    Title: my life lol

My name is Kang Jae-hyun. Just three days ago I turned 36, and at the moment, I haven't got the faintest idea what I'm doing.

I don't know when exactly things took a turn for the worse. I was a good student who always performed well in exams and in class, and I never used Dad's connections to get ahead of others unfairly. I was athletic, and I won a bunch of medals at judo tournaments. The girls in my faculty loved me. Now, though... I'm fat and I'm starting to go bald at the crown. Valium is the only reason I can even get any sleep at all. Everybody thinks I've done well for myself, being selected for the big promotion over the 14 other people who were considered, but frankly, I couldn't care less anymore.

I just want my old life back. When I was born, I never had to worry about a thing. Gramps took care of everything at home while Mum and Dad went out to work. I did have to start cooking after Jae-man was born and when Gramps' gout got worse, but it wasn't anything I couldn't handle. I daresay I was a good cook, in fact. Everybody loved my japchae. I also made a killer katsudon.

Maybe it was military service that My therapist sometimes tells me to try and trace back when exactly my mental health started to go downhill, so I can think about how exactly I can control my emotions. I used to think it was when I was stuck in the army, but now, I'm starting to think it might have always been a part of me. Before we broke up, Yong-hui used to tell me that I was just catastrophizing everything. She's probably right, but there's not much for me to consider nowadays anyway. It's just one endless goddamn cycle of turning up to work, flying on autopilot, and hoping that nobody notices that I'm just winging everything. "You should aim to work for a prestigious company", they said. What bullshit.

College was so much more fun. I actually had friends back then. Wherever did all my college friends go? Chang-sul ended up marrying Leonora and following her back to Austria. Il-ryung committed suicide two years ago. And then Jun-hae became a Jehovah’s Witness, and nobody's heard from him ever since. And now Yong-hui has dumped me too, after four years. She says I'm a slob, and frankly, she's the only one who really knows who I am. I'm a slob, is all. Jae-man won't even talk to me now after that argument we had over Mum's death insurance. He's only an electrician, but I envy everything about him. He has a happy family. He's physically fit, and he doesn't need to pop valiums just so he can sleep. He doesn't have to drink just to forget about his work woes.

I'm not sure how some of these people even do it. "Do what you're passionate about", they said, "and you'll never have to work a day in your life." I don't know if that's true, but maybe if I had become a teacher or a novelist or something like that, instead of going to work for some fucking bank just because everyone thinks working for banks is a big deal, then I might actually have avoided the big mess I've made of my own life in the past, what, nine years?

Only Kyo-hong will listen to me these days, because we're always getting sloshed together, but I sometimes don't even know if I should be venting my frustrations at him. I know how much he wanted this position that I just got, on my birthday no less. He always was a harder worker than me, but I got the promotion anyway because the bigwigs wanted someone with translation experience to liaise with the Japanese branch. He acts like it's no big deal, but I really feel bad for him. The more I think about it, the more I wish I had never gotten this promotion, especially I just want to go back a decade, to when I was still in college, before I became fat and bald and alcoholic and probably depressed or something. When Mum was still alive. I wish I could go back and tell her how much I appreciated her. I'd sell my soul to even just go back four months so I can ... Yong-hui one last time. Hell, I'd even ... Kyo-hong at this point, just for some break to this ceaseless ennui. I know he doesn't swing that way, but what matters anymore anyway?

The worst part is that I can't even complain. Nobody would listen to me. All I can do is autopilot some more and hope that maybe one day, things will get better. Christmas is coming up, but the overtime probably won't stop anytime soon. I told myself I'd try and sleep without popping any valium, but it's impossible at this point. Just like how I can't not drink coffee in the morning. I've put off so many emails just to write this long-ass entry in this shitty journal. I'm gonna have to catch up tomorrow. Dr Hwang says not to take too many valiums, but fuck it, I need to sleep. I still have enough pills left to last me for the next two months till I next see him. He did say he could up the dosage if it turns out to be necessary.

I'm sorry, Mum. I didn't mean to call this journal shitty. You bought it for me after I graduated. I'm just so tired. I just want to be free of this pain one day. I know I have no right to complain so much. I brought this all on myself. I wish I could be a better son, but all I do is blow from place to place. I hope Kyo-hong is free tonight. I wanna go watch a movie. Maybe hopefully, I can be reborn someday as my younger self, and then I can stop worrying so much about all this shit.

Cause of death
    Cardiac arrest, caused by accidental benzodiazepine overdose
Last edited by Nagakawa on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:51 am, edited 10 times in total.
If you run, you gain one, but if you move forward, you gain two.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 7:33 am

Demencia wrote:
Talchyon wrote:

A springald is like a weird not-ballista that's kinda shaped like a wooden cage and has a big corkscrew mechanism to draw back a spear.

Also i made a few tweaks to the bio in the app

Kinda like what you'd get if you turned a ballista inside-out.

Also, love the changes to the app! Looking forward to seeing how Miriam reacts to life on Mars... or the Icarus at any rate.

Nagakawa wrote:[box]Character Description
    Name
    Jay Kang

Born Kang Jae-hyun (강재현)

Appearance

Jay Kang is, in essence, a young Korean guy who doesn't stand out all that much. In his college days, he was said to be rather good-looking, despite his relative social ineptitude and dorky demeanour.

Original Lifespan
    18 December 1982 - 23 December 2018
    Died aged 36

Biological Age now

Super, he's accepted!

Confederation of the Equator
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of the Equator » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:02 am

[minecraft villager sound]
Last edited by Confederation of the Equator on Tue Jul 26, 2022 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:33 pm

Confederation of the Equator wrote:
Character Description
    Name: Lorenzo Trabelsi Mazzola
    Appearance:
    Original Lifespan: 1942-1968
    Biological Age now: 26

Accepted! Poisoned himself... I think that's topping the charts for embarrassing endings. Lol might need to do a poll on that.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse