NATION

PASSWORD

Political Dissident & LGBT Activist Assassinated(Semi-Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:27 pm

{ OOC: I was invited here by Qassadia on a personal Discord chat room conversation. }

"I will never understand why a nation that kills a man in public, to make a show, tries to deny its clear motives."

Tsar Maven Outtacountry had just opened the briefing on the Qassadian assassination with his mouth, and held his neck straight up to survey the document.

Reading it, the tortoise shoot his little head slightly and looked to the mushroom that had delivered the briefing. Tsar Grigory Wip was outside at the moment. Tsarina Tammy Olvia, the ancient human Empress, was present. She had been out of the throne room for a time, and was wheeled back in to deliver the document.

"Tsarina Tammy. What do you think of this?"

The fascist Tsarina realized she was being spoken to directly. She responded in her distinct, heavy Russian accent, which the other Tsars found endearing.

"This isn't the tragedy it's made out to be, Tsar Maven."

"What about the kids?"

"No, that was terrible, but I'm speaking of the target."

"Go on."

"We know that the judge defected and betrayed her country. She released top secret documents explaining the inner workings of the secret court and defied her nation's laws."

"Yes, but it's Satan*."

"Think of it this way. If a TurtleShroomer defected and spilled state secrets to an enemy, what's she done?"

"Treason."

"What is the punishment for treason?"

"Death. Or life in prison."

"Exactly. -and has TurtleShroom done this?"

"Every time we catch them."

"Has TurtleShroom ever assassinated a man?"

"Countless."

There was a pause.

"You get it, Tsar Maven. A nation defending its sovereignty and state secrets is always legitimate, even when done extra-judicially, assuming extradition is not honored. Even when that nation is the demon seed of Adolph Hitler himself, the nation has a responsibility to its preservation and its people."

"You are right, I was honestly thinking the same thing. We cannot condemn a nation for eliminating a known, actual traitor... even if the kids didn't deserve it."

"Indeed. I spoke to Tsar Grigory earlier, and he agreed."

"Satan is a huge threat to us and to the reputation of Christ's Bride. God knows that Satan has tried to send their Waynes** down here.

"In my lifetime as a general and a Fascist Servant, I understand the importance of authority and the unfortunate necessity of violence to protect the state. We simply cannot condemn killing a traitor."

"Only the kids?"

"Only the kids."

"Contact the bureaucracy. -and furthermore, I consider that Carthage must be destroyed."

"I too consider that Carthage must be destroyed."

GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
EXECUTIVE CABINET OF PEERS
IMPERIAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS
EVIL OVERSIGHT DIVISION
BUREAUCRAT

PUBLIC NOTICE:

The Great Bountiful Empire of the United Turtles, Mushrooms, and Men of TurtleShroom, while certainly mourning the death of the innocents, cannot outright condemn an assassination of a creature subject to that nation's law of treason.

Indeed, almost every nation condemning Qassadia's brazen assassination has ordered the deaths of their own traitors and have killed men in foreign nations. Everyone bashing this is willingly whitewashing their own sins to condemn the sins of the demon seed of Hell On Earth. We are better to be truthful than hypocrites.

Neutralizing traitors is necessary to the security of even the freest states, and it should not be treated as anything else.

This said, we nonetheless condemn the unnecessary and visible brutality of this assassination and, in particular, point to the intentional execution innocent children for the sexual sins and betrayal of their mother, as legitimate proof of the irrefutable fact that Qassadia is a depraved and wicked realm.

We call upon all the free nations of Nationstates to join TurtleShroom in her noble embargo against all Qassadian products and Qassadian entry, up to and until they either abolish slavery, transition to serfdom, or at the very least, punish slavers that rape, consume, torture, or brutalize their "property".

One day, the captive, neutered "church" enchained by the Qassadian state and her Slave Power will be freed.

Furthermore, we consider that Carthage must be destroyed.

God have mercy on us all,
-BUREAUCRAT ON BEHALF OF THE IMPERIAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM.

* = TurtleShroom casually uses "Satan" to refer to Qassadia. This is not a reference to the Prince of Darkness himself.

** = TurtleShroomers call the Qassadian covert agents "Waynes", referring to Bruce Wayne, and related to their "Batman" logo. They sometimes call them "Batman" when singular.
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:22 pm

American Government Issues Formal Condemnation of Qassadia.

By James Redfield | The Boston Chronicle | January 12, 2020

President Joe Bower and the American State Department have issued a joint statement today condemning the government of Qassadia not only for the assassination, but for its medieval and backwards societal policies. The President was quoted as saying "Under no circumstances should anyone risk executions merely for their sexuality, nor should children be murdered for the supposed 'crimes' of their parents. Qassadia's interpretation of Christianity is a perversion of the faith that me and my fellow Christians believe in." The Defense Ministry has also expressed concerns at the growing military buildup in the region, especially the deliberately provocative military exercises.

The Legislative Assembly has also voted 355-83 to enact stringent economic sanctions on Qassadia, a country that was until recently not viewed with any serious concern. Under the newly passed Freedom for Qassadians act, no American company may buy or sell weapons to Qassadia, and all American bank accounts belonging to powerful Qassadians are frozen. This signifies a partial change in the The Reformed American Republic's foreign policy which tended to ignore transgressions of other nations in situations where it was not involved and usually maintaining a commitment to neutrality. Supporters of the change are claiming that Human Rights are under siege and are in need of a strong defender, while critics allege that such stances would lead to the continuation of the disasters that were the "regime change" wars. Some isolationists are now going as far to appeal to the Grand Senate to annul the new law. Regardless of your stance on this, it is no secret that History is being made, one way or another.

Washington, DC.
"And why do you want us to intervene in this?" asked Senate Chancellor and Prime Minister Gabriel Williams after listening to a complaint about the new law from a group of dissenting Assemblymen for twenty straight minutes. "From what I can gather, the Legislative Assembly has the right to sanction other countries, or intervene. I see no reason to call a meeting to overturn this." She heard it all, from vague claims that it is unconstitutional, to claims about neocons regaining power, and she had heard enough. The Grand Senate is a largely ceremonial body and shouldn't overturn laws at will and certainly not on the behalf of Qassadia of all places. After listening to a few more complains, she declared that the Senate will not revoke the law, and that the sanctions remain, because ''We are a democracy, not an aristocracy. Do not hope for the rise of an oligarchy within this august body because your side lost. Your request for a hearing is denied and the sanctions will stand.''
Last edited by The Reformed American Republic on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Qassadia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Wed Jan 13, 2021 1:12 pm

Carthage
General Staff Headquarters building

Relena sat back in her chair as she stared at the flat hologram in front of her person down below, illuminated by a projector that reflected off the ceiling thanks to specially designed mirrors and several back-up illumination lights that helped in producing the image of what was an unbelievably accurate map of the Holy Kingdom and its surrounding immediate region including the peripheries of the neighboring region of the South Pacific that Krillin bordered to its south and west.

The Empress looked on as the words of Marshal Igor Sergeyev pre-occupied her mind with his applications of defense plans that would be activated once open hostilities were concluded to be unavoidable. He pointed out the positions of conventional formations from the battalion to the Division level. The map was currently switched out of its ''zoom-in'' option as it displayed several lines and pointers on different spots of the Cassadian homeland, the red pointers indicating simulated enemy amphibious landings and airborne desants.

''...an enemy invasion of our home island would be preceded by a saturation barrage of cruise missile strikes on strategic air defense, RADAR, airbases along with strategic equipment and ammunition storage sites, military bases, vital economic and infrastructure arteries and other objects including everything similar of that sort. Which would then be, proceeded by a prolonged high-pitch aerial campaign to wrangle air-superiority from our Air Force by destroying our conventional air force bases, and further suppressing our combat aircraft taking off from our DUAFBs (deep underground air bases). Furthermore, according to a conclusive assessment based on a high percentage of our simulations, it is highly likely that belligerent forces are going to utilize tactical nuclear weapons to obliterate our forward coastal defenses, conventional formations, and ASM missile batteries.''

The Empress inclined in her chair, her head resting on her arms as she watched the screen display simulated Cassadian and enemy formations, positions, and movements; on land, sea, and air.

''But that would invite a reciprocal response from us by invoking our own nuclear deterrent?'' Asked, the curious Empress.

''If they were rational, they would not, then again such nations would not have even declared war on us, had they not have such infantile statesmen and leadership; raised on childish Marvel movies.'' A voice called from among the assembled line of highly decorated officers. That utterance was of Baron Lukov who sat to the Empress Right, with only the Grand Admiral of the Navy, Schneizel Doenitz, who instinctively moved his chair backward, so as the two can better address each other.

The Empress Looked on at the Baron, who was in his thirty-eight year, a man who displayed great physical fitness with eyes and expression that gave off wisdom and experience that few attained only that it was masked behind his soft-spoken voice and lightly humored face.

''Not unwise, I do care if you enlighten us more on this perspective of yours, Your Grace,'' Igor demanded of him politely, with shallow sincerity of his courteous address at Lukov. This made the Baron turn to the Empress, unspokenly asking from Her Majesty if he should go on. The nod of Relena cleared it for him.

''Well then, most-respected Marshal. What I was trying to say is that it has been quite clearly made for us that most of this rabble that our motherland stares down their threats are not of exactly the sound type. Much less astute than the kind of diplomats well versed in realpolitik back in the days of the Cold War.'' The Baron said.

''And what are you trying to allude to Sir Lukov. Keep in mind your decorum is nothing if it lacks practical experience.'' Sergeyev retorted frowningly upon the Baron.

Lukov shrugged it off with a laugh, that intermittent, uncomfortable high-pitched chuckles that made men shiver with discomfort or cause children to cry.

''Oh really now, respectable Marshal. I may have dropped out from the Pavelburg Officer's Collge; probably because I was more concerned with fighting for my country, back then when the Ejks were storming over the border into New Carthage like a tsunami, while my fellow officer-aspirant buddies were taught how to use a fork and a knife...

''UGH - I will not have you tarnish the good name of the officer corp.'' A voice cried out from among the assembled officers who stood up from his chair in outrage, not content with hearing the baron's seething remarks.

''That's enough!'' Relena's voice cracked through the rising tensions like a lightning bolt. Her hands clenched into fists banged on the table with a thump, which rocked a piece of china filled with tea next to her out of balance, the tea spilling over slightly on her right sleeve. The Empress then turned to Lukov, and back again to the Marshal. All were mummed to attention.

''Marshal Sergeyev, I respect you, I really do. But you and your officers' high-minded attitude is not going to bring about to us anything possible. It is humility and the ability to consider our own weaknesses and how we can learn to work around them. Only then, are we going to get our nation through this crisis unscathed.'' Relena remarked with an intense tone like fire. This woman of Royal blood, so gentle, so delicate whose dreams were to be a simple Princess bestrode to a Prince charming, was reigning-in men in uniform, some of whom had decades in the service. The fact that many of them were old enough to not be the Empress's father, but even grandfather was not lost on the Peacekraft.

On the contrary, Relena held them in such high regard for their generation-long services, but even then so often there would come a time when they would need to reconsider their ways. They had to, not for their sake - the entire Kingdom was at stake after all.

''I think the Baron has some very legitimate opinions on this matter. His rank being mere First Lieutenant has nothing to do with this, and even if it is. It is nothing but petty cleaving on the part of your officers.'' Relena opinionated, maintaining her frowny gaze at the Marshal. He sighed, before nodding.

Relena shifted her eyes back at the Baron. Not even needing to say it herself that he was cleared to continue with laying his case.'' I am grateful Your Majesty.'' Lukov said with brotherly affection in his tone.

''Now - as I was saying. Our enemies are vain in that regard in that they think they can roll over us like those decentralized or failed states that their coalition is so used to stomp over.'' Baron told the small company-worth of officers and the Empress of course. All listened intently, however, bitter some in the crowd were at the lowly aristocrat's insult.'' An example being the Princely Confederation of Delvian States. The Czar railroaded a steady stream of threats on the Diet to have each of the state's individual states agree to abolish slavery.''

The Baron paused, glancing for a moment all around him.''Despite some of the more upstanding Princes and Princesses who still had some Christian sense of righteousness in them, the Czar nevertheless prevailed. Naturally, several states led by their sovereigns rose and seceded from the Confederation. This rebellion was led by this Princess, Nadalya Brod - and from what I read up about this was that she united them in a coalition.'' Lukov continued,'' the war ground to a stalemate, and so, the Czar enlisted the aid of the Allied Kingdom of New Edom.'' At this, frowns were stiffened, on some officers' lips teeth gritted together, at the mention of those nude heretics.

Lukov on the inside felt joy, his opinion was shared by a few prominent and powerful after all.'' And to the surprise of...absolutely no one. Princess Nadalya and her state's army lost. Her allies having to abandon her even when they had the opportunity to lend reinforcements and push back this woman general, Felicity Romain, who was in charge of the war effort.'' The Baron wryly cussed the emphasis on the word before ''general'' being as sharp as a knife and full of hate.

The junior-ranking aristocrat still had words in him to say, he went on,'' The Princely Coalition had several times the number of tanks, artillery frontline soldiers over the combine Czar and Edomite forces. They had ships and aircraft that were equal in quantity to the Czar-Edomite coalition.'' The Baron said, giving a basic description of both orders of battle. He turned to one and the other sides, giving his Empress and fellow officers that ever-so inquiring, collected look.

He looked forward, gazing down on the flat, angled hologram map that displayed a whole multitude of military maneuvers.''Yet they lost, not by the skin of their teeth. I mean terribly bad, as their military leadership demonstrated blunder after blunder, both tactical and strategic by allowing their forces to sit idly at their positions where they were at the start of the war, rather than go on the offensive.'' The Baron said, looking to both his left and the right. Looking back at Marshal Igor Sergeyev, he clasped his hands on the table.

''Perhaps the good Marshal shall enlighten further Her Majesty as to what other fatal follies the Delvians committed that led to their defeat.'' The young Aristocrat proposed in that ever so soft-spoken manner to the highest-ranking military man in the Kingdom. Sergeyev hummed an approving nod.

''Certainly,'' The Marshal agreed, then continued,'' The factors that led to the effective defeat of the Princely coalition are manifold, but they can be reduced to several reasons. One is that for some strange and dumbfoundingly bizarre reason was that they did not unite their respective Armed Forces' commands into a single entity which would have united each of their frontlines with the Czarist forces who would be forced to redistribute their formations throughout the line; stretching their resources to a point where they would be unable to mount effective offensive operations on the territories of the Princely Coalition - even with superior leadership.''

''Indeed. I think that might as well explain it because the ''Princely Coalition'' believed themselves that they on their own can face down the Czar's onslaught on their own. Maybe never before having heard the tried-and-true wisdom of ''one war at a time''. The aristocrat of Junior rank said,'' Maybe because they were too busy holding swinger parties or, simping for their mistresses, as the youngsters like to say these days - not that the Edomites are any better. The Baron added, to the chuckles of officers in the room, very much in tune to comprehending the kind of ignorance Punchev was talking about. Relena, however, felt sadness in her heart, the Edomite Queen, Mara whom she met at this Winter Ball last year was such a cheerful, jolly and happy soul.

''Yes, but what actually can be learned from this?'' Another office asked, from the assembly.'' It is not like we have a disunified and decentralized command structure.''

Lukov dropped a laugh, before moving on saying thus'' No in certain ways we are, with the kind of thinking that has gripped this central neural link of the Armed Forces - the General Staff. Why? Because complacency kills, that is why! We as of right now are thinking that this will come to pass; maybe yes maybe not, but with the kind of regimes we are dealing with I am afraid to say that this to me is looking increasingly unlikely.'' Punchev's voice beamed with intensity under his breath,'' We cannot simply just hold a 2-week live-fire wargame and just move on thinking this is enough. No, what we need is to maintain a high-level combat readiness throughout the next quarter of a year. Furthermore, we need to prepare our plans to recalibrate our entire economy to a war footing in the case that war is inevitable.''

The Baron further went on,'' Our honorable German friends are no longer around to train and command our war machine for us. Their contribution to the development of our Kingdom's institutions, military, and the abandonment of dangerous foolhardy mentalities cannot be overstated. Neither can our triumph over Albarazil back in '79 - the late venerable Admiral Karl Doenitz laid out and succeeded in implementing one of the most ambitious amphibious landing operations. Overshadowing even D-Day in the kind of logistics and the distance and conditions our officers had to contend with.'' The Baron, took a sip of water, before moving on,'' The Americans had to cross a channel. We Cassadians had to cross an ocean.''

Relena, looked down, glaring at the woodwork of the table, sighing,'' The honorable Baron is right. We cannot treat the tensions like something that shall die down on its own. We must show resolve, we must show boldness.''

The words of Relena made Punchev's heart be filled with pride. Truly she was finally becoming the woman he had mentored all those years ago.

''We need to raise our Strategic Readiness Alert to level 3. I want all current active formations throughout the Kingdom fully mobilized and ready for combat deployment.'' The Empress commanded, as her subordinates wrote it all down to be prepared to move further down the chain of command. Lukov in the meanwhile looked on with delight.

''Colonel-General Kiriyev..'' Relena called out for the commander of the Strategic Rocket Forces, a big-boned man with a dad bod who was seated two chairs away from her on the left,'' I want a nuclear test to be planned, prepared and organized to be carried out by the middle of the month.''

''It shall be done, as you command Your Majesty.'' The officer half-bowed in his chair.

'' But Your Majesty, excuse me, but our forces have not carried out a nuclear test since 1992. We can't just organize and plan for all of this in just a week.'' The Marshal of the Armed Forces interjected.

Lukov shook his head.'' It is our duty to obey what Her Majesty commands, as her most trusted servants. If she wants it done in a week, we'll do it in a week.'' The Baron retorted, all the while giving the Marshal a scolding look.

'' Marshal, I think I have been very clear and succinct in my orders. Or have you failed to gather what I was saying? '' Relena scoldingly remarked at the Marshal who had to give up on his objections.

'' Good. Well, gentlemen. I have been deeply honored by your most wise counsel in regard to these unpredictable matters of current events. For that I am thankful.'' The Empress stood up, which caused all the others to stand up to attention, as she set forth towards the door with Baron Punchev Lukov in tow. Strolling through the halls of reinforced concrete towards an elevator that would lead up towards the first ground level of the building of the General Staff Headquarters of the Kingdom's military.

''So Relena, have you considered my proposed pick that shall bear the honor of receiving your hand in marriage?'' Asked the Baron ever so nicely.

The Empress could not look at him, instead, she continued to stare at the elevator's doors.

'' I sense something unpleasant here. So, how did the courtship meeting went?'' The man of short stature asked, his face turning into a cold, stony stare that if one looked back into it could actually feel as if a frosty atmosphere would grip them into a bind all around.

''No I-I, the meeting went well. Jajace was an upstanding man of character.''

'' And so, will you take his hand in marriage or not? '' The Baron asked, who know gently made the young woman before him to face him eye-to-eye.'' I know this is not a light decision Relena, I really do. But you have to take into account that you need an heir; the Marquise is someone who will not interfere with your affairs. He is a man of the Legion.''

''You promise?''

The Baron took it in, breathing in,'' The Legion has always existed to protect the Crown; to protect your family. The Legion does not cultivate such meddlesome conspiracies, the Legion destroys them.''

What Relena did next...startled him, but in a good way as her arms wrapped around Lukov's body into a tight hug.

'' Then in that case...My answer would be yes.''
Last edited by Qassadia on Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

Mervay
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 05, 2018
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby Mervay » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:14 pm

January 14th
Asteria, Mervay
Royal Office of the Prime Minister of Mervay

The Office of the Premier; also known as the Litton Palace, home of the chief of government of the nation and it's family, it was also it's place of work out of the royal parliament which was located a few streets from the palace. Inside of it, there was an certain room where an certain discussion was happening between six important members of the government, even so this was supposed to be their time to rest as important celebrations were happening across the city and the nation, the two weeks famous masquerade carnival; this event was always important in Mervayan History and Culture and has been celebrated for a thousand years, it was also the reason whatever they agree won't be able to be approved by an parliamentary act but rather by a Royal Decree shall Her Majesty agree to it, but even so; she wanted to make sure to find a consensus in order to make the act happen when parliament resumes their duties. As such the members present in the office of the premier were the necessary ones for this meeting in that grand office: The Prime Minister himself, Edward Vianna; Her Royal Majesty of Mervay, Callista IV; Her Majesty's Chancellor, Jessica Dileva; The Speaker of the House of Royals, Rosaline De La Croix; The Speaker of the House of the People, Mariano Cortier and Her Majesty's Most Loyal Opposition Leader, Celina Von Eyl, leader of the Social Democratic Labourists and Labourists; the largest opposition party in Mervay.

It was clear that shall the act has to be rewiewed, the queen wanted it to pass with an massive majority between the Liberals and the Social Democratic Labourists. There has been examples of this being done, but those present in the room knew Her Majesty's Powers in the constitution meant she could pass it without any support should the case be an emergency; which in this case was more of an international scandal that could make use of such decree, however considering the situation could continue worsening and shall it grab further attention of the government; they would need to the parliament to call an emergency meeting for such an worst case scenario and the unity symbol of the SDL supporting it, this last part more under plans of the Prime Minister and the Chancellor.

"I appreciate all of you to coming for this important meeting Her Majesty just ordered." The Prime Minister spoke, calm, yet in a serious manner as the topic deserved even if everyone had thoughts about joining the festivities outside. Work always called and in this case it was the nation.

Lady Von Eyl nodded as she put down her tea in the table after sipping it, smiling politely to the Premier and the rest of the requested guests by the woman that was at the end of the table, looking at everyone present in a cold, but polite way as she waited for the introductions to end while in order to advance to the order of this emergency meeting.

"It is always a pleasure and honour to accomplish Her Majesty's wishes, Prime Minister." Sir Cortier spoke in name of the two speakers, Rosaline nodding in affirmation he spoke for the two of them, she had always been a woman that spoke when she deemed necessary.

"Now that it seems we're all here considering the three of us had been the last ones to come considering the chancellor has been with both of you completely before we made our presence, may we begin with the order of this emergency meeting?" Lady Von Eyl asked while glaring at Her Majesty and the Chancellor now.

The Queen in turn motioned to Lady Dileva to make her briefing in the Cassadian Situation to which in turn she got up and presented to all members an series of files regarding the situation and the Royal Decree that was wished to be implemented for the situation to begin with; as soon as the Parliamentary Members looked at it, they would find themselves with an extensive package of sanctions against key members of the Cassadian State and the nation itself. In fact, the package was very complete in all aspects that certainly was done for quite a while now; to which before the Chancellor could make her briefing, the Speaker of the Upper House spoke.

"Considering the entire extension and list of the package, I must believe that this was done in anticipation for today's emergency meeting if I'am right?" Lady De La Croix asked with an frown of interest as Her Majesty nodded in consideration.

"Correct, ever since the attack in Palmyrion happened and the fact that the one targeted was an LGBT Political Activist and Dissident of Cassadia, it is clear that they had a hand on the assassination and terrorist attack." Her Majesty explained to the female speaker, the sanctions would also remain in place completely without any consideration of lifting them up as the other target of them was to help to destroy the institution that was yet alive in that nation, the institution of slavery. An crime against humanity that has been hated by Mervay since ancient times; it was included in the reasons to the sanctions that were presented in the list of reasons for them.

After that, Chancellor Dileva was able to brief the present members about the situation, going on from the condemnations from the Amistad Nations to non and those from Cassadia itself, to which the members saw it as an ironic one which has no way to be sustained, but an expected response to the international backlash nonetheless by them; to the most recent situation being the massive mobilization for war excercises from part of the culprits or possible culprits if you want to give the benefit of the doubt, if there is any doubt. The entire situation became one the government wanted to keep an eye on and would watch if it went south.

After the entire conversation regarding the situation ended completely, Celina decided to make a question to the Prime Minister and the Queen regarding the situation. As such she cleared her throat and glared at the woman in front of her and asked in a calm fashion.

"If I may ask to both of you; Your Majesty, Prime Minister; what is the reason for the parliamentary representatives, or rather, could you confirm us our suspcions regarding the possibility of an emergency session in both chambers and the fact it might needed as a show of unity, that the party I'm representing votes in favour of whatever law is presented by the government regarding the Cassadian Situation out of the soon to be signed Royal Decree?" It was clear this question has been in the mind of the SDL Leader and that while the Liberal Party had the majority in both chambers to approve the project, they certainly needed or rather, the queen wanted this project to pass with both parties supporting it for the absolute majority as both important parties would be able to show unity in this situation if it all went worse and Mervay would get itself involved even further.

Meanwhile the heads of the nation kept themselves quiet, knowing well this question was to be done sooner or later; as such they just decided to go with their answers already done. The Prime Minister getting the first words.

"Why Indeed, Lady Von Eyl. This has been agreed by Her Majesty and I to get all of you for these reasons, Chancellor Dileva has also been one of the organizers of this meeting as soon as she updated us in the Cassadian Situation." Vianna spoke calmly at her while he sipped his tea in a small pause before continue. "As soon as we are done with this meeting, I will require that both speakers arrange for all representatives to either an emergency session to discuss the Cassadian Situation and our involvement should we see that the situation is developing for the worse." That was the main explanation regarding Vianna's answer to the entire topic, of course; there was still Her Majesty's response, which would see her taking her role of an arbiter between the two. The blonde haired young woman glared at the presents before giving her answer in her reasoning.

"As you may know, Lady Von Eyl; A situation like this one will require coordination and, in this situation; shall Mervay be involved in a worst case scenario regarding the confrontation between Cassadia and the Amistad Forces, we must be ready for the worse if either side blinks first." It was clear where was this going, should Mervay find itself involving deeper into the situation; it will require that both largest parties came to an agreement as a sign of unity rather than because they lacked seats; and that's where she came in. Her Majesty was the mediator between them, yet she also had a hand in the sanctions and condemnations per wish and under her capabilities; but she was out of this part, the negogiation between the SDL and the Liberals should they get into an situation of offensive conflict. It was clear the Prime Minister and the Chancellor had their part here, the woman they swore loyalty to was their mediator per constitutional law and moral conviction; she wouldn't be involved in the talks between the three, but she would offer advice to them if they found themselves on a dead-end, they knew she had a say as their arbiter and was to be kept informed of the talks as stipulated by the constitution, after all she wasn't a figurehead, but the one they had to answer being from one party or the other.

"I believe we should discuss this further, I'am right; Celina?" Those were the words of the chancellor. It was clear this talk might take a while...

Her Majesty's Government
Gouvernement de Sa Majesté
Il governo di Sua Maestà

Under the decree declared and signed by Her Most Royal Majesty of the Kingdom of Mervay, Callista IV. The Kingdom of Mervay condemns the recent terrorist attack perpetrated by The Holy Kingdom of Cassadia against the Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth and the act of murdering an political dissident because of them having spoken against the government of the former nation. Mervay stands in solidarity with the affected nation and offers it's condolences to the victims of such poor vile attack commited by the slaver nation; our nation cannot stand this attrocity, which is the final straw to our government, as such. The Kingdom of Mervay has enacted into function a series of sanctions against The Holy Kingdom of Cassadia and it's government officials; Her Majesty's Government will keep it's focus in the situation and will respond in the necessary manners required.

Signed by
-Her Most Royal Majesty of Mervay, Callista IV
-The Right Honourable Prime Minister of Mervay, Edward Vianna
-Her Majesty's Chancellor, Jessica Dileva

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:49 am

12th January
Undisclosed Training Polygon
Northern Cassadia

“Have your 3rd and 5th Mechanized Battalion advance through the plain from the north-west. Have Captain Alek get a tank element of his M-09s to engage them from the east at a distance - we'll have motorized infantry advance forward in the center to relieve pressure off the flanks,” said a raw, well-built officer by the name of Zorstka. “Major Sasha, you are to execute your designated fire missions on my command.”

The artillery commander hardly had a huge force grouping of 155mm M198s, self-propelled 155mm M109A5s, and 175mm M107s. His artillery pieces taken in would be of combined numerical strength reaching about 5 batteries, including an air defense battery. These last were placed on standby in case the higher-up ordered for the OPFOR simulation ordered for a flight of low-flying attack helicopters or attack fighters to strafe his formation. His target was locations of fixed defenses—bunkers and entrenchments—around a model urban terrain that resembled a city. Hitting those would ideally pin them down and enable the armored vehicles to advance in.

Neat lines of great gun barrels were elevated. The artillery had stenciled on the words such as GLORY OF THE KINGDOM, RELENA, DEATH TO SODOMITES. The M107 raised their long snouts from their carriages as the crews calibrated the canons at their recently radioed fire-mission coordinates them out and towards the enemy position. The gunnery officers checked their field laptops for the coordination of fire from the Sky Eagle drones they were connected to.

The air shook suddenly; the dust seemed to hang stunned, as the artillery guns roared their enormous shells towards the bunkers and rockets howled from their boxes like streaks of fire from heaven. Beneath their terrible trails, six main columns including flank elements of armored vehicles moved forward. One was mostly of the infantry-carrying FV432 personnel carriers, the other formation from the east consisted of a newly fielded batch of M-09 tanks. Commanders and drivers were alertly looking through periscopes and watching their screens for alarm warnings or proximity warnings of simulated enemy missiles, rockets, or other attacks. Captain Lucas’ D Company was instructed to be ready to take cover and dismount troops to deal with the MILES-simulated enemy units still in well-defended positions.

Brigadier-General Amal Zorstka had determined that each of his six mechanized infantry battalions could fight independently if need be. The key thing, he felt, was to keep his troops moving. He was privately rather anxious about this; none of his three battalion commanders had been never tested in actual combat as battalion commanders, though there were NCOs that had seen action at platoon and company level back in the Millenium War. They were superbly trained, although then again, there was much more to be desired from conscripts than of professional soldiers who served in the service for a dozen years or even decades compared to a conscript who only did just three years.

South Sche'gori Sea
3rd ACSG (Aircraft Carrier Strike Group)

HMS Marianne (John F. Kennedy class)

The Cassadian Fleet moved through the waters in different shapes and sizes of ships. The broad span of the carrier, the smooth, yet blocky shapes of the blue-water ships of heavy corvettes and frigates, the curious knives of the destroyers and its escorts-destroyers, the spear points of the arsenal ships, the old-fashioned superstructures and bows of the support vessels. Hidden beneath the icy waters were the submarines, far ahead, quietly scouting.

Royal Navy standard tactics were about fanning out escort vessels to protect the ships that packed the punch for offensives. The carriers and arsenal ships launched the real punch--barrages of missiles and fighter planes and suicide drone craft to batter an enemy at range. Rear-Admiral Dan Kolov liked to describe this as being like the ancient Sche'gori cavalry tactic of using first javelins and bolas, then bows to strike at enemies in a hit and run, keeping distance, maintaining initiative, wearing them down for the big attack of a mass of hooves of the legendary cavalry that laid waste to Cassadia in those ancient times. "No different from hunting an animal. Flush them, big or small, keep them at the range, kill them at range, then move in to finish them off."

A lover of fine cigars and good meals, Dan tried to set a good example of keeping fit on his ships. As he jogged around the flight deck, with ear protectors on but staying alert to areas where dangerous work was taking place, he thought of the King's orders.

All around bustled work. Deck force moving fuel lines, a forklift, siren going off and lights flashing, an F-14D fighter rising from the decks below, a helicopter returning from patrol, another preparing for takeoff. He went to the hatch of a companionway and then to the CIC to receive reports. No one had buzzed him, things were all to the good so far...

Dan Kolov was a middle-aged man with whitening hair appearing in otherwise very dark brown hair, craggy of face, bulky by body type naturally, he ruthlessly exercised to avoid the corpulence his father and uncles had succumbed to, and even the slightest amount of time too long behind a desk thickened his waist. He knew he would have little time for such exercise soon; he would be mostly in the bridge, the control tower, and CIC and would start drinking sugary tea and coffee to stay alert, would eat the food easiest to hand, and would start to get fat again. Such was his sacrifice for the Empress, God, and Country...

And duty would have him returned to the bridge not even half-an-hour later. The frantic rushing of an aide having had caught up to him to give him the news that his presence was urgently needed at the bridge. Not even bothering to don on his field officer uniform, that new shiny digital-camo BDU with the dark, light, and moderate blue pattern. Eventually climbing up the catwalk stairs to the bridge as sailors stopped to give proper salutes, as per protocol when not on combat duty.

Entering the bridge, he was greeted by the most normal-looking of sights Kolov had stumbled on. The technicians and instrument operators that controlled the ship's many systems were dutifully at their screens until he saw his Deputy, as if he had frozen looking at the entrance and expecting him to enter. Though with an anxious look on his face, he marched to him as the Rear Admiral entered, meeting him halfway, before handing over to him a sheet of paper.

''What the hell is all this commotion for, I thought we ran through all operational procedures and exercises?''

''It is not that sir, we just got a message back from Central Command - it was issued so, by the Empress herself,'' Said the deputy.

'' What!?'' Snapped Kolov, snatching the communique from his junior's hands before reading through it himself. His face turned to that of shock, his eyes wide at this sudden turn of events. He stood silent for a good number of minutes, not saying a word.

''Dam...alright, send word to all ships to have their protocols and anti-fallout measures up and ready at once. We only have a few days to do this. And have a general signal alert for all shipping to leave the Exclusion Zone, within the prescribed time period - NOW MOVE IT, BACK TO WORK.'' The Admiral barked as all his subordinates scurried back to their current tasks and stations

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:12 am

Code: Select all
Issued By The Crown-Government of The Holy Kingdom of Cassadia and the Royal Strategic Forces Aerospace Command
General Communique To The International Marritime Organization of The World Assembly

Esteemed Secretary,

We have wired this communication to your venerable organization to notify you about the activity of a strategic caliber. On January 16th, at 5:30 PM EST, the Strategic Rocket Forces will carry out an Intercontinental Ballistic Missile test that will involve the detonation of an air-bust strategic device of 50 Mgt. The missile, Minvtavar IV will fly on a pre-determined trajectory into the South Sche'gori Sea and will be designated location 8.7832° S, 124.5085° W, which is approximately 6,781 kilometers from our southern shore. CEP is 100 meters approximate. Therefore, to protect our international partners, we have established an exclusionary zone, 1000 kilometers in radius from the point of detonation, to prevent any adverse effects or fatalities from the blast.

The Exclusion Zone shall be overseen by the 3rd Aircraft Carrier Strike Group as well as certain elements from the 4th ACSG, who have already broadcasted an alert signal for all shipping traffic in the area to leave the exclusion zone as soon as possible as well as deny entry to any ships not, notified about the current alert. Thus we ask that you cooperate with us on this task be carried out with the most well-intentioned precautions in mind.

Signed,
Her Imperial Majesty Empress Relena (I) Von Peacekraft
Royal Prime-Secretary Sir Volodymur Zelensky
Commander of the Strategic Rocket Forces, Colonel-General Voroshilov Kiriyev
Royal Secretary of Transport Iohan Malushev
Royal Secretary of Energy Lepi Andreyov

Last edited by Qassadia on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Reorganisieren Reichregierung
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Reorganisieren Reichregierung » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:25 am

I see wars, horrid wars,
And the Tiber foaming with much blood

Virgil, "Aeneid"

FÜHRERPALAST
BERLIN
GAU BERLIN
A hall of the Führerpalast. This enormous building was not meant as a dwelling, but as a monument to inspire awe, reverence and a hint of fear in the onlooker.

Normally, His Majesty the German Kaiser would have liked to meet his advisots at his residence, the Stadtschloss Berlin.

However, the gargantuan Führerpalast was simply better as a headquarters. Designed by Speer for Hitler to impress upon the viewer how small he was in comparison, the red granite and marble building was perfect for hardening against attack and the placement of comms equipment and workspaces, especially when the attached building intended to serve as the Reich Chancellery was incorporated into the palace and the Reich Chancellery itself moved to the similar building on the other side of the Great Square, which was right beside the old Reichstag. Of all the offical residences, the Führer Palace was much better equipped to serve as a command center, especially if one considered the enormous bunker underneath.

At the moment, Kaiser was lounging in his seat as the German foreign minister Hans-Jürgen Graf Schwerin von Krosigk was droning on and on about the nations big and small aligned against Cassadia, and how it was best for Germany to remain in splendid isolation. Out of the corner of his eye, the Kaiser casually observed his economics minister Alexander Hugenberg ask a servant to refill an impressive nautilus-shell cup with wine, while the defense minister, the retired field marshal Kurt von Seekt, was nodding every now and then.

"Almost every diplomatic response to Cassadia's alleged actions has been negative to date. While our nations have had some history, there is no denying the potential coalition against Cassadia is impressive, and not to mention we would be diplomatically isolated if we openly support Cassadia. Regardless of the treasonous and sinful nature of the victim, the fact that children died alone is going to make our position hard to defend, not to mention the fact that Cassadia is a slaver state. Don't get me wrong, I am not suggesting we join in with the bleating of the sheep. I am simply aying that Germany would be best served by remaining in splendid Isolation."

On the opposite side of the table of the esteemed foreign minister, the interior minister Joachim Meinheimer, who has been quite restive, spoke. "Listen to yourself! You are terrified of the bleating of the sheep. Why does the protests of the hollow men bother you so much anyway? Don't you know a trillion zeroes added up still equals zero?"

Krosigk responded rather cooly. "These hollow men are the deadliest foe we have ever encountered. These are the revolutionaries of nothingness, fighting to bring about a utopia of meaninglessness by force. If I remember correctly, even Stalin found the likes of them so repugnant he sent as many of them as possible to the gulags, where they thankfully died. However, not all of these creatures were under his power to begin with, and their ideas festered in the United States. Soon enough, their intellectual grandchildren brought hell to Iraq, Serbia, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. I do not want Germany to become like Libya, and I would not risk that happening." It was obvious Krosgik was speaking of the neoconservatives - In Germany, neoconservatives were believed to be the intellectual heirs of Trotskyism, an especially aggressive strain of Marxism.

The pensive Seeckt spoke in support of Krosigk. "Herr Krosigk has a point. Forgive me if I do not trust that our combat prowess combined with that of Cassadia, Langenia and possibly Bolrieg, will be sufficient to overwhelm a growing coalition, especially since we have some inkling of the military capacities of Palmyrion and a few other nations during the Galadon operation. I say this will be a close fight that would consume more of our energies than I am comfortable with."

Meinheimer, trying to keep his cool, spoke rather sharply. "Look at these exemplary Prussian statesmen tuck their tails in the face of the Great Satan Weimar System that bestrides the world like the Colossus of Rhodes. When the Great Reset comes, and our sovereignty is to be abolished, would you simply surrender? I for one would prefer to die fighting! We should take the ooportunity to stand up against the rising tide of imperialism and tell the unipolar world that this ends now!" Some ministers looked outraged, while others spoke in approval.

Seeckt in turn rebuked Meinheimer rather harshly. "I am trying to buy time for Germany to build strength and prevent that from happening. I want to preserve our strength and to look for allies who would not bring war to our doorstep, even inadvertedly. Yes, the Cassadians were wholly justified in rubbing out a traitor and a sinner. That does not mean we have to leap into the fray without thinking about the long run. Rashness is how we lost the last world war, to the eternal disgrace of our nation. Don't believe me - ask the man who this palace was intended for. We would do well to avoid this nasty business and instead simply stick to the precepts of Janus Doctrine - offer the olive branch to all while forging our swords in the dark of the night away from prying eyes."

Before this heated argument could devolve into a screaming match, the Kaiser spoke. "Gentlemen, both your positions have merits. On one hand, all this diplomatic tension will burst and lead to war, a war I would rather have Germany stay out of. On the other hand, someone should block the path of these warmongers. I propose a compromise of sorts - we provide the Cassadians some measure of support covertly, and we make a few statements condemning the warmongers. We do no more than this unless our hand is forced."

The only reply from the assembled ministers was "Jawohl, Euer Majestät!

Im Auftrag auf Seine Kaiserliche und Königliche Majestät, Der Großdeutsches Kaiser

ENCRYPTION: DATA REDACTED

TO HER MAJESTY EMPRESS RELENA I VON PEACEKRAFT OF THE HOLY KINGDOM OF CASSADIA

His Imperial and Royal Majesty and the Reorganized Reich Government of the Greater Germanic Reich of the German Nation are in full support of your proud nation's struggle against the unipolar world dominated by managerial elites of an imperialist bent, who wish to impose their tyranny on the rest of the world by force and deceit.

The German Reich stands with Cassadia on the matter of the former judge Gagireyeva, who has violated her duty to God, nation and history with her treasonous actions. We do not believe in the lying brood of vipers currently dominating world affairs who believe they have the right to judge other nations for their sins and pass down any sentence they see fit, especially if they are in the habit of inventing sins to attribute to other nations they desperately want to destroy for the mere crime of resisting their diktats and refusing to align with their horrid designs for humanity.

If needed be, the German Reich is willing to provide Cassadia with resources of a financial or technical nature that it would not be able to acquire without some difficulty given the current circumstances through discreet channels.

With German regards,

Hans-Günther Graf Schwerin von Krosigk,
Reichsminister des Auswärtigen

On behalf of His Majesty Wilhelm III von Hohenzollern,
Kaiser von Deutschland und König von Preußen
Führer des Großdeutsches Reiches
Führer der Nation
Führer aller Germanen

GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DER DEUTSCHEN NATION
Last edited by Reorganisieren Reichregierung on Sat Jan 16, 2021 9:12 am, edited 6 times in total.
GROSSGERMANISCHES REICH DEUTSCHEN NATION
Canons: Kali Yuga | TSC
Overview | Government | Military | Economy

Generic Reich LARP nation #557753245. Call me "Reich", "RR" or by nation name only if OOC.

Bengal and Assam
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bengal and Assam » Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 am

Legislative Council, Minato, British Kawa

“Now that today’s work is out of the way” Prime Minister Itai said to the house, “we in the government have a series of announcements to make. As I am sure, you are all aware of the recent events in Palmyrion, where the agents of the slave state of Cassidia has illegally take action against dissidents against the Cassidian state who have sought refuge in Palmyrion. The Government has decided to voice its opposition to such a blatant breach of Palmyrionian sovereignity by Cassidia. Hence, we shall enact an Order in Council, under the authority of Her Majesty the Queen, to increase vigilance against foreign agents acting against dissidents currently seeking asylum in Bengal. We request the support of this council regarding this matter. And now, I would like to give the floor to the Right Honourable Leader of our coalition partner.”

“Thank you very much.” Said Cecil Lau, leader of the Social Democratic Party “First of all, I would like to thank the Right Honourable Prime Minister for standing up against slavery, and upholding our commitments to the Amstad Declaration, and for her government’s guarantee of security to asylum seekers in British Kawa. To show our opposition to the vile acts of Cassidia, we in the SDP would like to announce a bipartisan bill that will finally recognize LGBT relationships with the government and courts able to register civil unions once our proposed bill is passed. Many of the SDP constituents are a part of the LGBT community, and might think that we aren’t going too far by not outright legalising marriages. But me, and many others in our coalition believe that this is one step to the right path, rather than leaving the issue in a legal grey area as we have done since 1991.”

While most of the members showed their approval to the motion and the proposal with appropriate parliamentary conduct. The National Reorganisation League which seeked to separate Bengal from the mother realm of Britain, the Crown and leave and Commonwealth, and which was the public front of the military dictatorship that ran the country with sheer authoritarianism and brutality stayed put for a while until the applause died down.
Last edited by Bengal and Assam on Sat Jan 16, 2021 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
A country with a mixed Bengali, British and Oriental population and culture. NSStats not Used...
Led By Susan Itai... Mostly MT, with some elements of FT.
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!
NEWS: BBSOne
Story Thread: Rise of the North, a Canada ISOT

Marquesan
Minister

Founded: Oct 21, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:21 am

FAN.78 Class Submarine "Foudroyant"
SM-CGM Interregional Trade Route Patrol
South Sche'gori Sea, Krillin
620 Kilometers SSW of Krasnov RN Shipyards
Local Time: 1855 Hours

"Capitan, I have a large, organic marine contact, bearing one eight one at twenty thousand meters on our depth, sounds like a blue whale."

"Roger, sonar. Conn, come to starboard, two degrees. Let's steer well clear. No active pings please, Sonar."

Both responded in unison. "Oui, Capitan."

Capitan Colbert stood with his feet apart and his arms folded behind his back at the center of the submarine's bridge. Surrounding him, the walls were paneled with displays of every kind, from readouts showing the status of the gas-cooled reactor and pumpjet drive to the statuses of the torpedo rooms, the primary sonar readout showing the tracks of the ships on the surface it was the Foudroyant's job to escort, and the blue whale swimming gently along their track, who seemed to be headed for the warmer waters closer to Cassadia to feed. A tiny adjustment of the directional fins at the rear of the submarine saw it adjust its track just a hair. A few minutes later, the submarine passed harmlessly past the blue whale, traveling at 40 kilometers per hour, roughly twice the speed it was swimming at. The whale, startled, sang out, its high pitched song echoed throughout the submarine, and Colbert smiled, closing his eyes for a moment as he enjoyed the reverberating cry of the giant animal, roughly a third the size of the submarine, traveling at two hundred meters depth. On the surface, four large freighters towed four NBC.994-class battlecruisers destined for the Cassadian Royal Navy. The quiet World Ocean separating Gholgoth and far away Krillin had few threats, but the Marquesan government insisted that the fueled nuclear reactors aboard the unarmed and skeleton-crewed warships be guarded during transport, and so the Strix-class boats of 1220 Lance, an Eel's Bed squadron based in Gholgoth's Sea of Ashes had taken up the duty to see the mostly completed warships home to Krasnov for outfitting.

"These are quiet waters. I'm glad we got to hear that out here." Colbert said as he reached for his mug of red tea, taking a thoughtful sip. "I'm going to retire for the evening. Sergent Ricard, you have the bridge."

As Capitan Colbert began to move, the rest of the bridge crew stood, turned to face him and saluted. He returned the salute as he walked through the narrow door separating the bridge from the captain's quarters, closing the bulkhead door behind himself. Ricard moved from his former position at the conn to the Capitan's Station at the center of the bridge and Sergent Seignelay took his place in a perfectly fluid movement the crew had practiced a hundred times. Ricard reached for the microphone button, and depressed it gently. In front of him, a green light clicked on beneath his microphone, relaying his voice on the Public Address system across the ship. He leaned forward into the microphone, and spoke. "Nineteen Hundred Hours, Sergent Ricard has the bridge. Estimated distance to Krasnov, six hundred kilometers." He clicked the microphone button off, and stood straight. Glancing between the sonar screen and the reactor readout, he nodded softly to himself.

All quiet.
Last edited by Marquesan on Fri Jan 15, 2021 8:29 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:44 pm

Royal Palace of Carthage

Empress Relena Von Peacekraft never allowed herself to forget who she was and who God was. She had been an Empress over a Kingdom for over a quarter of her life now and never forgot that either. In the Orthodox Church, there was a certain degree of what looked like penance, but it wasn’t. You did go with deep submissive repentance for some sacraments, and that one was the sacrament of confession. She had knelt earlier the morning of her Cabinet, dressed in all black from soles of her feet to her head before the good palace chaplain alongside a nun to confess her wickedness. “I was the one who signed off on the assassination of Adloprovna Gazgireyeva, whose flame of sin engulfed her children,” she said solemnly, “ The day before yesterday I agreed to an airstrike that is to use Soman chemical munitions on a mountain border village in New Carthage…that is to be carried out today.”

She had done many awful wicked things as Empress, and no doubt she would do many more until the Lord summons her before Him to answer for her earthly sins. Was there any difference between her and the endless legion of enemies that desired confusion and ruin for her reign? Oh yes, there was little save for her Christian moral virtue. She knew where her limits were and knew how to compensate for them. Many of those that opposed the Holy Kingdom, even before she was born, seemed to be living in a fantasy on how they'll bring about the ideology of the Rule by the Mob and have it be imposed as the highest authority in the land. Not aware that the Holy Kingdom was but a nation and a multitude of people that only respected the Iron Laws of the Fist and the Sword. Besides bringing about an apostate secular creed that would have the Church and its teachings be cast out of both state and society. Yet these people not like those often lost in their dreams, on the contrary, such men lived to die for their cause knowing very well their rebellions in a sense were vain and suicidal at best, for there were many people, men, self-appointed Kings and lords who raised the banner of rebellion, for which seditious treasonous crime they were hung, drawn and quartered.

Relena however admitted to that deep within her the jealousy she bore for their however passionate conviction and suicidal passion - she confessed this sin to her confessor too.

An air of thick silence set in the palace chapel. Not even a squeak of an utterance was heard until the voice of an elderly priest was heard behind the wooden wall that separated the penitent from the confessor. A voice to whom Relena had confessed to since she was but a bold little girl that had taken her first Communion.

"I absolve you of your sins, My Child. As such, I prescribe unto you the penitence of mortifying your flesh ten times.'' Was the voice behind the curtain. Relena accepted this with ever pious-meekness bowed head in submissiveness. Though what she could not wrap her head around why the chaplain was becoming colder and colder in his attitude and voice toward her.

No doubt, for my sins are great, the Empress believed. With that, she dusted off the garment off her skirt as she strode out of the palace's chapel, and into the opulently decorated corridors towards her usual Royal duties of statecraft that always required her attention.

West Off Drainorv
Undisclosed Location

A line of vehicles of great size moved through a gravel-paved path that cut through the snow-covered trees. In that convoy were regular vehicles as well, those being IVECO LMVs that rumbled forward in pace with the convoy, the blocky small towers of unmanned M2 weapon stations rotated to the side, through which optics gunner operators scanned the treeline thanks to RWS's intensifier and thermal optics. IVECOs were driving in lines, each on both of their respective flanks - with an additional security element of specialized infantry detachment from the GRB was attached for security efforts of this special task force to protect Cassadia's nuclear deterrent. Of course, one had to always consider the possibility that an infiltrator team would sneak past the security perimeters, thus were in an opportunity to lay waste on one of Cassadia's ''treasured sword''.

The convoy would drive for another kilometer before arriving at a spacious opening in between the forests. The support vehicles needed for the functioning of the launcher sped up as they broke off their formations as they came to a stop. Personnel disembarked from several trucks as they rushed across the flat meadow, their tasks pre-determined and memorized, setting up cables and guiding vehicles into positions close, yet far enough from the blast after which they installed snow camouflage netting over the vehicles.

Back at the boxy command post, towed by a MAN truck, technicians were hard at work as they activated the ICBM launcher's system. Now that they had completed their task, their commanding officer ordered for them to go through deployment protocols. This process by design did not take long, as the launch ramp quickly elevated to be pointing at the sky until it locked into a final position, having completed all necessary tasks at hand the technicians scurried away back to their vehicles, after which they withdrew at the edge of the tree line.

The command was transmitted, notifying all support and maintenance elements to clear away off the launch pad with the launch of the Minvtavar IV now imminent, as a countdown began to be read over the intercom. All were on edge, this was a nuclear weapon after all. Looking on with eager anticipation, they witnessed as the rocket was about to be fired off towards its intended destination - as the countdown more than indicated.

''3''

''2''

''1''

''LAUNCH''

The Minvtavar missile shot off almost instantaneously with the rocket's thrusters leaving a trail of smoke in its wake, the awesome speed of the rocket rapidly gaining altitude was thanks to recent innovations made in rocket propulsion technology that allowed for Cassadia's ''treasured sword'' a greater reach. Furthermore, rumors circulated that its prestigious research military institutes were near a breakthrough in finally completing a hypersonic glide vehicle capable of delivering payloads anywhere in the world against which no current or near-future strategic air-defense systems had any countermeasures against.

Exclusion Zone
Point of Detonation

A thousand kilometers away, the armada that was the 2nd Fleet, had been ordered further back with orders to stop any potential traffic from entering the exclusion zone, and thankfully there were none. Back at the HMS Marriane, Rear Admiral Kolov glanced occasionally at his watch as he started on a single spot across on the horizon. He nor any of his men under his command needed to be worried about radiation; so long as they kept themselves inside the ship.

He was not the only one who was witnessing this eagerly expected event. Back at the palace of Carthage, the Empress of the Holy Kingdom stood behind her desk as she gazed at a large TV monitor linked to a blocky military laptop that broadcasted a live image of an ocean expanse. The camera in question was located on one of the decks of one of the ships from the 2nd Fleet.

Time passed as an announcement came in that notified all the personnel of the estimated time left until the ICBM reached over its target and detonated. This moment finally coming, at last, all were on the edge of their seats as they looked on with wonder witnessing a sliver of a neat line of light moving across the frame as it flew across to a point in the middle of the screen before engulfing itself into a great spark of luminosity before in a lightning instant, this expanded into a blinding all-encompassing light as it created an explosion which produced an ear-piercing sound, that was heard even at the kind of distance from which it was observed while the hail of blast rose over the horizon like a mushroom cloud. The aftermath effect of the explosion that followed, came in the form of a blast wave that shook the great grey vessels, including even the great hull of the aircraft carrier. Though thankfully none of the wave produced by the nuclear test had the power to cause the vessel to roll over and capsize.

Back at the Palace, there was jubilation at this great triumph.
Last edited by Qassadia on Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:10 pm

Dr. George Andrew I. Larida, PhD (Chemistry)
Visayan Embassy to the Royal Palmyrian Commonwealth, 103 Royal Avenue, Aragon, District of Corazon, Palmyrion
January 13th, AD 2021
1521 PHT

"Alright, team: how do we approach this?" Larida spoke to the leader of a five-man cell that came with the last group of the Visayan Mission. The Embassy's Science Attaché was the VIA Chief of Station; the cell had come as part of the Visayan plan to lend further assistance to the Palmyrian investigation into the Gazgireyeva Bombing.
"I think the conclusion that Cassadia had a hand in the killing is obvious enough that I suspect any investigation is intended to determine the extent of Cassadia's influence," the leader said. "That the official denial was made with an explicit shot at Amistad signatories just drives the point home: all suspicion is on them, and they don't want those eyes poking around."
"I read the official denial," the lone analyst added. "The explicit naming of Amistad signatories as anti-international law is, quite frankly, laughable coming from a slaver state. Amistad, as everyone in this room knows, emphasizes how serious a breach of international law slavery is: the first principle in the declaration alone explicitly treats slavers as the hostes humani generis that they are."
"Very well, Jarvis," Larida said. "Now, how do we position you for assistance..." The discussion continued until a plan to position the cell where they can assist the Palmyrian investigation was made.

Martin A. Cajes, MS (Biology)
Visayan Confederation Assembly Hall
January 14th, AD 2021
0617 PHT

Martin had just arrived from his apartment not far from the Assembly Hall. The young man was an Assemblyman from the Province of Negros; he came in via motorcycle, his bodyguard following him, to the usual nods from security. It was early enough that he could either cross the street for takeout or have breakfast delivered to his desk with no noticeable difference; choosing the latter as he went straight to his desk, he wondered what the next item on the agenda would be.
As soon as he made it to his desk, he set up his laptop and accessed the House intranet. Security keys were entered as part of a protocol that emerged after an attempt to hack into the House of Assemblymen was stopped in 2014; knowing that he would have to surrender them the following day as the House adjourned meant that he had to make every moment count.
And he did; while eating the delivered food, Cajes drafted an email that, once sent, would influence the Assembly's decision on the issue of Cassadia.

TO: -All_Assemblymen-
FR: Martin Cajes (MACajesNG6@houseassembly.gov.cv)
RE: Cassadia

It is clear that this latest action by the slaver bastards of Cassadia is a declaration that it is willing to wage war against our friends in Palmyrion. That as Amistad signatories we are already at war with slaver states means there is no need for any formal declaration; we shall stand by Palmyrion today, even as the shadow of war looms over the horizon, just as we stood by her in the Galadon Campaign.

It has also come to the knowledge of this august body that Cassadia is testing an ICBM, presumably to send the massage that they are not to be messed with. Let us not mince words: this test is their idea of flexing their muscles, their way of telling anyone that would rather see them hang from the yardarm like the outlaws that they are that they're not going down quietly.

But that's it: just because they won't go down quietly doesn't meant they're not going down at all. They will go down, one way or the other. Totalitarianism can only sustain itself for so long before pressure from without and within combine to end it, and when that happens, it is up to us to embrace the emancipated and work with them to forge a new future, a future where no one group is denied a voice in society. Let us support every effort to see this bright future through.

Sincerely yours,
(Sgd.)
Martin Cajes, MS (Biology)
Assemblyman of the Sixth Seat for Negros (LP)
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:31 am

{ OOC: In case you are wondering, this little dialog is intended to show the contrast of the TS royals to the Empress of Qassadia. }

The news of the Qassadian nuclear test mildly surprised the TurtleShroomers, but it wasn't that big of a deal. TS had two parts of the Nuclear Triad for a reason.

"I had no idea that Qassadia was a new-cue-ler state." Tsar Outtacountry mused to himself, while a young, human servant was finishing polishing his shell.

"Dude, everyone's a new-cue-ler state."

The servant spoke freely and without reservation to his Tsar, as was the expected custom in the Tsar's court, and in the administration of every TurtleShroomian ruler for the past four centuries, even before TS was a thing. Nonetheless, the servant realized his informality and blushed slightly.

"Uhh, sorry for the informality, Your Most Sober Majesty."

"No problem, Mister Ulyssess! Y'all are always free to speak to your servant, but your servant does ask that you mind your traditions."

An Emperor speaking to his servant on a first-name basis, honoring his titles, was part of the job. A Tsar was expected to be honorable and kind to his palace staff.

"Of course, my Tsar!"

Ulyssess, the servant in question, finished the waxing job. He held up a mirror to show the Tsar his handiwork.

"Mister Ulyssess, you are the best daggum shell polisher this side of the continent! Your servant looks beautiful! Your servant could never find a shell polisher like this back when he was the Minister of Foreign Affairs!"

"Thank you, Tsar Maven!"

Maven made a lipless smile and looked back at Ulyssess, clearly pleased. Everyone in the palace referred to their Tsars on a first-name basis. Decorum expected them to honor titles and manners of address, but even the white-tie dress code didn't hold back the compassion the Tsars were expected to have for their court.

"Mister Ulyssess, if your servant may ask a question? Y'all have long been your servant's friend and confidante, and you got your clearance no problem."

"Of course, my Tsar."

"What would you do in this position?"

"Me? Ain't it obvious?"

Both of them smiled at once.

"It's high time we reveal what we've been up to since the Tsaos came a-marching home."

They then spoke in unison.

"THE BOMB!"
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Sat Jan 16, 2021 11:37 am

I wrote a cute little filler piece that was intended to contrast the Tsars' court with the Qassadian Empress' court. You can find it here.

Meanwhile, I have yet to receive a response to my initial post.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 17, 2021 6:04 am

Office Of Her Imperial Mejesty

Recipient: His Majesty Kaiser Wilhelm III von Hohenzollern
Sender: Her Imperial Majesty Empress Relena Von Peacecraft of Cassadia
Subject: Particular recent event
Encryption: MOST SECRET

Your Most Esteemed Majesty,

I pray that all is well within your country, and in your family.

My soul and heart were filled with unbridled joy, knowing that there are still nations that have remained righteous even through this time of darkness that the Lord has cast down upon humanity to test those people and nations that have kept His commandments and moral teachings through this age of seemingly limitless depravities. I as Empress of the Fire Phoenix's Realm, am required to serve and make everything in my power, as bestowed by the Lord Himself to keep the Faith and its place in the society and government which has kept Cassadia pure and holy.

Alas, as I am sure you are aware of certain recent events, there have been many unfortunate hostile foreign elements that have declared their intention, including up to pursuing a military option that would not only plunge Krillin into war but also in turn their own regions as well. Furthermore, I cannot rule out the possibility of these forces utilizing the use of nuclear weapons, even in the case that my own country is to find its very existence be mortally threatened by this assembly of disgusting vipers.

In light of these simmering tensions, I, as Empress of the Cassadia extend my hand out to you with friendship, as one true Monarch to another in the hope of combining our efforts in stemming the tide of this truly reprehensible and destructive organization by the name of Amistad; to have its bloated influence upon the world stage which it has poisoned the very meaning of national sovereignty and international norms and laws of conduct. As such we need to approach this poisoned tree, the same way Amistad has demonstrated by the proverbial rape of international law that they have been committing since 2011.

What I propose are the following points.

1. Officializing of diplomatic relations between our Great Nations.
2. The establishment of both covert and open commercial trade relations, with the first point regarding the sale of military technology or cooperation between our militaries.
3. Joint efforts to undermine Amistad members througH assymetric means. Specifically through cyber methods being the cheapest and safe option among the others, as it would provide plausible deniability for both our countries.
4. The establishment of a reliable network of middlemen, proxy bank accounts in third-party neutral nations, and ships to facilitate regular trade that would otherwise be penalized under current WA resolutions that severely penalize most trade and financial transactions with my country.

Over the last two and a half decades since the ''Free world'' booted us to the side ''like a cheap whore'' as my father would - after we had so faithfully served to prevent any encroachment of the Communist Menace into Krillin, the WA imposed upon us embargo after embargo and sanction after sanction which they thought that if they dropped it like a hammer anvil upon they would splatter us and have my kingdom and people succumb to economic ruin and poverty, the same way they thought that would succeed with Iraq or Yugoslavia.

Their blows however did not pass to create the desired effect, however, as those types of blows the WA thought were so effective, would only work on small states that had none, little, or negligible natural resources in the grand scheme of things to ever be enough to cushion against the kind of economic warfare that our enemies have perfected over centuries.

Hence why my father - may the Lord give him peace - invested the dividends of my kingdom's prosperity into an expansive, all-encompassing industrial and technological base that was sizeable enough in its capabilities to sustain both itself and Cassadia's economy from the tumultuous times during the 90s and early 2000s when we had to create various unofficial methods to facilitate reliable trade with our international partners both across our Krillin region and beyond.

We Cassadians have always admired and sought to replicate your civilization and its fruits from culture and science whether it was for peaceful purposes or for the military sphere in which your testament to geniuses and ingenuity of your people couldn't be matched in the way that other nations desired your pacification and subjugation. When the Second Great War came to its tragic end, almost one hundred thousand of your great nation’s most righteous and best-educated minds immigrated across the sea to the ports of my nation to escape the vile retribution of the Jewish-dominated Allied Courts and later their security service, Mossad.

A majority among them were great personalities of good education and class, from doctors, engineers, scientists to efficient and competent bureaucrats and officials as well as military. These men would go on to contribute mightily to my country and people, by educating a new breed of civil servants, higher-education, and the Cassadian Royal Armed Forces - allowing for my country to become a truly developed centralized state with modern government institutions, police, and army.

I pray that you come to see, the benefits that such a bountiful relationship could entail between our two great civilizations, the way that your countrymen saw our nations whose immigration was solicited by my grandfather Emperor Christian (IX) Von Peacekraft with the prized assistance of the Vatican and ODESSA.

Dearest,
Relena
Last edited by Qassadia on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Faraby
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Faraby » Sun Jan 17, 2021 10:48 am

Prince's Palace
Faraby

It was 11:30 p.m., or so the modest clock perched on the wall of the Prince's private apartment announced.

Prince Samir was never known for an exact sleep schedule. The Sovereign Prince of Faraby went to sleep whenever he wanted to. Whether this was some sort of undiagnosed insomnia or simply a sign that the Prince was a night owl, he never was interested enough to find out. Clearly he did not consider it a problem warranting a diagnosis. As far as he was concerned, from time to time he simply would not feel the inclination to sleep, even as the hours progressed towards morning, and he took it as a sign to stay productive or at least do something to occupy his time. Nothing more.

The Prince's apartment was quite modest for someone of his stature; it was barely larger than the average middle-class couple's bedroom, although the Prince's bed was only for one person. He did not have a wife; that would be a tale for another time. The bed looked over a facade of glass, which - when the curtains had been fully opened - revealed a magnificent view of the verdant Farabian countryside across the horizon, interrupted only by the cramped, high-rise buildings of Faraby City directly down the road from the palace. The passing of decades had seen the city increasingly close its distance to the palace. The focus on erecting high-rise buildings and underground dwellings had not yet completely stopped the city's advance.

To the left and in front of the bed was the door leading outside to the palace corridors. To the left and behind the bed was the bathroom. To the right and in front of the bed was a three-tiered bookshelf, wider than it was taller, embedded against the dark green wall. Halfway between the bed and the windows was a small table and two chairs. The floor was covered in a red-yellow Mecidi-style Ottoman carpet. The palace historian claimed that it was not only imported directly from Constantinople, but in fact had been bought directly from Sultan Abdülmecid at the Topkapı Palace in 1856.

The Prince's son, Prince Jafar, had just returned from his dorm at the University of Faraby. It was the holidays, after all, and the Prince wanted to see more of his son, just like any father would. He also intended to gradually introduce Jafar to aspects of princely governance. One day the young prince would inherit this green island and its ten million inhabitants, and it would be better for him to begin involvement in the country's governance as early as possible. The princely throne would be far weaker when Jafar's time came, submitting to the gentle but unbending progress of parliamentary democracy, but it would be good for Jafar to begin learning when the power was still there, for that would make the job even easier for him when he no longer had it.

The two princes had shared dinner, the first time in a while that the Sovereign Prince did not dine completely alone. The young prince had retired to his own room, and Samir was looking forward to the privacy of his apartment. Until Murad Molla, Secretary to the Prince, came at 10 p.m. bringing news: "Your Highness, the Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Security would like to schedule a meeting with you regarding the Cassadian matter. They say it is of the highest importance and they hope to meet you tomorrow in the morning."

The Prince had thought of scheduling the meeting in his office for 8 a.m. tomorrow, but then he replayed Murad's words in his head and it flashed across the mind. Those two ministers were his most reliable and hardworking. He had been acquainted with them for quite a long time, and he knew that if a matter was truly of great importance they would not hesitate to bring it before him immediately, no matter the time. And he would not hesitate to listen. Besides, he wanted this Cassadian matter to be over as quickly as possible. "If it is indeed of the highest importance, ask them if they can meet me here at midnight. Or sooner, if they can. I'll be waiting here. Thank you Murad."

"Of course, sir," said Murad, nodding and retreating towards the door, but before his exit was complete the Prince interrupted him.

"Tell them that when I mean here, I mean here," announced the Prince, bringing his finger towards some point on the floor. "Tell them to meet me in my apartment. I am not going down to the office again for tonight."

"I will, sir," the secretary replied, nodding again before disappearing and closing the door behind him. He would return a few minutes later to notify his sovereign that both ministers were indeed available for a midnight meeting, and the Prince smiled. God bless those people. Reliable, those people were.

After completing the Isha prayer, the Prince climbed to his bed and pulled the covers up to his belly. Hidden under the green pillow was Doestoevsky's The Brothers Karamazov. Not bothering with a bookmark, he had a mental note of where he stopped reading last night, but found that he had forgotten it and was forced to guess the last page he had read. It turned out to be accurate to within two pages.

And so the Prince began reading, occasionally glancing over at the clock to keep track of time. And the clock kept ticking.

And now the time was 11:30 p.m, marked not by a toll, but by a soft knock on the door. "Come in," the Prince called out towards the door. "Is it you, Murad?"

"Yes, Your Highness." The figure of Murad Molla revealed himself behind the opening door. Emerging behind him a few seconds later were the two people the Prince had been waiting for: Mansur al-Sulaymi, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Hüseyin Mehmet, Minister of Security. As the ministers stepped into the room, carrying what appeared to be a stack of documents, Murad announced their names, then politely excused himself and disappeared from sight, closing the door behind him.

"Your Highness," said the two ministers in unison, bowing before him.

The Prince nodded in return. A smile appeared on his face. "Thank you for coming at this late hour, gentlemen. The truth is, I just want to see if you would still obey my orders and come. Of course, as I have told you before, you can always voice your concerns to me, and that includes coming to a meeting at midnight. I mean we can always meet at 8 a.m." He chuckled, then pointed the two ministers to the table and chairs. He put down his book. "Sit there, and make yourself comfortable."

The ministers headed towards their seats, putting the stack of documents on the table. Then they sat, having oriented the chairs to face their prince. "Your Highness," Hüseyin began, his voice somewhat grim, "we have looked further into the Cassadian situation and we believe that there are things which we ought to bring to your attention immediately. It may affect how we are going to further respond to this situation."

"Tell me," said the Prince. Hüseyin turned to Mansur, nodding, and the Minister of Foreign Affairs proceeded to open one of the documents.

"Your Highness, sir," said Mansur, "as you surely remember, Cassadia has tested an ICBM."

"Yes, of course. Many other nations also test ICBMs. Can be a provocative act in some cases, but what can you do about it?"

"Well, sir," Mansur continued, "I think you should know that Cassadia has slaves."

"Slavery is legal there?" queried the Prince, but before an answer came he continued. "Anyway that state doesn't seem... seem like one to hesitate in assassinating dissidents, so I guess we shouldn't be surprised that they still have slaves."

"I am not surprised either, sir." Hüseyin hand slid up and down the stack of documents, his eyes looking at each until he grabbed the right. "But here's the thing, sir. Remember Palmyrion, the New Visayan Islands, and Emmeria?"

"Yes, you've talked about them already. They all denounced Cassadia, right?"

"Indeed," Hüseyin continued, looking down to the document in his hands, "and what these nations have in common is that they are all signatories to the Amistad Declaration."

That name clearly caught the Prince's attention. His eyes suddenly narrowed, looking right towards Hüseyin. "Amis-what?"

"The Amistad Declaration, sir." Hüseyin rose from his seat and walked towards the Prince's bed, handing over the document for him to read. The first page simply read THE AMISTAD DECLARATION ON SLAVERY AND THE RIGHTS OF MAN in large, bolded, all-caps letters. The Prince opened the next page and began reading through the points of the declaration.

"As you can see, sir," explained Hüseyin, "number 1 is pretty much the usual anti-slavery declaration. Run-of-the-mill stuff. Number 2-"

"We, the undersigned, hereby declare war on those states that practice chattel slavery in all its forms," the Prince read out, his voice turning dark and monotone. He felt a gulp go down his throat. His eyes shifted from the document to Hüseyin, realization dawning on him. "All those states, they are not just denouncing Cassadia."

Hüseyin slowly nodded. "They are at war against Cassadia, sir."

The Prince clenched his lips together, nodding back. For a moment his gaze rose to the ceiling, then back to Hüseyin. "Technically, yes... but there has been no hostile action, right?"

"Not at this moment, sir."

"The ICBM test is very much not helping their case," the Prince began. "Several nations are accusing them of killing a dissident on foreign soil and they respond by shooting missiles. This is the deranged posture of an authoritarian nation. Tensions are only going to escalate from this point."

"The Kingdom of Mervay is enacting sanctions against Cassadia," added Mansur, "the People's Republic of Reinkalistan has cut off diplomatic relations with Cassadia, basically countries that have some sort of relationship with Cassadia are now distancing themselves. The Reformed American Republic is also enacting sanctions."

"Cassadia will feel even more isolated... and persecuted," observed the Prince, "and they will continue with their tests, to demonstrate their military strength... to show that they do not need to rely on other nations." A moment of silence, then he added, "Has any country come to Cassadia's support?"

"None that I am aware of so far, but I will keep my eyes on that," said Mansur. "The El Presidente guy is, of course, calling for de-escalation, and the country of TurtleShroom-"

"I'm sorry, Turtle-what?"

"TurtleShroom, sir. They refused to condemn Gazgiriyeva's assassination because she was officially a traitor, but they did condemn her children's death and is now calling for all nations to join their embargo of Cassadian products."

"So they condemned Cassadia anyway?"

"In a... diplomatically roundabout way, yes, sir."

"Right, so they're now pitting themselves against Cassadia as well," said the Prince, sighing. "We've already made our own statement on this situation and so we're pretty much involved here. We cannot just wash our hands of all this and pretend we haven't noticed the latest developments. But..." The Prince's eyes lit up, and he pushed the covers away and rose to his feet by the side of the bed, facing his ministers. "This is a chance for us to establish for ourselves a good reputation in the international community. If tensions escalate, we can call for talks to be held here. The publicity can even help increase our tourism numbers!"

"That is a good idea, sir," replied Mansur. "That being said, sir, do you think sanctions are in order? That can also help create an image for us as anti-slavery fighters-"

"I would advise against sanctions," said Hüseyin, "not because I symphatize with the Cassadians, but simply because we don't really have relations with that godforsaken country, so sanctions or not they won't make much of a difference, and nobody will notice anyway. But, sir, I agree that holding talks here do sound good, assuming tensions continue to escalate. For now, if I may give my advice, I believe we should tread caution and urge everyone to come to their senses."

"True, true." The Prince now stood directly in front of his ministers. "I think we should urge Cassadia to cut down on their ICBM tests, but also tell the other nations not to rush to war and to prioritize peace and all that. And tell them that if tensions increase we are open to hosting talks in our country. If nothing else it'll help with our public image."

The ministers nodded, and for the first time during the meeting all three men smiled at the same time. "We must also listen to the tide of public opinion," added the Prince. "We must prepare for the possibility that the dissidents will flee here, and they will certainly provoke... a variety of opinions from our people regarding their sexual orientation. I trust, though, that they will welcome them here with open arms, as dissidents if not as homosexuals. I hope we will not be involved in any situation in which we are bound to provoke Cassadia, but we must always prepare for it.

"And if tensions continue to escalate and the dissidents end up fleeing here and we are pitted against Cassadia, we can always enact sanctions - symbolic as they are - and join the embargo."

The Government of
The Principality of Faraby

By the grace of Samir I, Sovereign Prince and First Citizen of Faraby

On the Cassadian Situation

As-salamu alaykum,

His Highness the Sovereign Prince of Faraby and his Government condemn the preservation of chattel slavery and assassination of political dissidents in all countries as a terrible offense against natural and human rights which are guaranteed for all mankind. We look on in concern as the Holy Kingdom of Cassadia engages in ICBM tests and a series of nations rush to condemn and enact sanctions on Cassadia, some of them signatories of the Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man which declares that a state of war is in effect between the signatories and states practicing chattel slavery such as Cassadia.

Nothing is more pleasing to us than peace and freedom for all the peoples of the multiverse, yet we trust that no one desires to resort to war, death, and destruction to achieve that noble objective. We urge all nations to work towards de-escalating the current situation, trusting the better angels of our nature. Know that should tensions continue to increase, we are available to host talks, conferences, or any other measure designed to defuse the current situation.

May peace and freedom reign for this time and for all time.

Signed,
His Highness the Sovereign Prince of Faraby
Sania Russo, The Grand Vizier
Mansur al-Sulaymi, The Minister of Foreign Affairs
Hüseyin Mehmet, The Minister of Security
Last edited by Faraby on Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Male, 21, Indonesian | Last.fm

Puppet (IC associated state) of Adab.

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. -Nelson Mandela

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:30 pm

FAN.78 Class Submarine "Foudroyant"
South Sche'gori Sea, Krillin
Local Time: 1920 Hours

The sonar operator threw his headphones off his head screaming.

From the headphones clattering down on his station roughly, there was emitted such a terrible, high-pitched noise that it was no wonder Caporal Rochefort was cradling his head in his hands, holding them over his ears tightly. A few moments later, the submarine felt a thud as the shockwave of the far off nuclear explosion passed the submerged boat. In an instant, the light color changed from white to red and klaxon horns sounded throughout the submarine. Capitan Colbert came bursting from the door of his private quarters a moment later, shouting "WHAT IN THE HELL WAS THAT?!"

"A nuclear detonation, mon Capitan!" shouted Caporal Rochefort, still rubbing his ears with his hands as another crewman turned the gain on Rochefort's headphones down, and handed them back to him. "We think that was a nuclear detonation, far enough that the ships may not have been affected, but close enough that we should have been warned if that was a test."

"Gods above, let's hope it was a test." Colbert clicked on the microphone button at the center station just long enough to speak into it, and then set it back down. "All sections, damage report." "Conn, bring us to communication depth. Raise the ULF mast, let's get this information back to the Squadron. It's about to be a long night, ladies and gentlemen."

The crew replied in unison. "Oui, mon Capitan!"

As soon as the communications mast was raised, emergency action message warnings began flashing on the communications screen.

**E**A**M** **E**A**M**
**E**A**M** **E**A**M**
**E**A**M** **E**A**M**

"--What in the hell..?! Comms, what is this?"

The room was deadly quiet except for the horns.

"Someone shut that thing up!"

Rochefort smacked the MUTE button.

Colbert touched his thumb to a scanner on the wall. As soon as he did, a retinal scanner unfolded from the wall and scanned his worried face. A *CLICK!* was heard from behind the retinal scanner as the decoding computer began working out the messages.

Every eye darted between Colbert and the commo screen, still flashing alternately green and red with the **E**A**M** warning in white.

Once the messages were decoded, each was printed, one after another in a neat little stack. For a moment, even Capitan Colbert hesitated to pick them up, swallowing hard before glancing around the room to find that everyone suddenly remembered they had a job to do.

"War. The entire Amistad Pact has just declared war on Cassadia in response to the political killing." Colbert uttered as he flipped through the printed pages.

"Mon dieu... but surely this nuclear detonation won't help the Cassadian's case." Rochefort said, sitting upright at his station again.

Again, silence a knife could cut.

"Against...Cassadia, Capitan? Not against us?"

"We must assume that Cassadian military shipping is likely to be targeted. We're to maintain a very high state of readiness as we approach the coast. Any attack carried out against our convoy is to be acted upon as an act of war; we are to report any hostile act observed directly."

The room collectively swallowed hard.

"Oui, Capitan. All sections report no damage, knocked some plates over in the Mess."

"Roger that. Relay our position and intel to the towing ships, and then dive the boat to sonar depth. I want to get far enough away from the ships to hear what might be in their baffles."

"Oui, Capitan! All hands, dive, dive, dive!"
Last edited by Marquesan on Sun Jan 17, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 10 times in total.
"Just so Summanus, wrapped in a smoking whirlwind of blue flame, falls upon people and cities." - John Milton, In Quintum Novembris

@Marquesan I hereby proclaim you as the Gothic Mad Scientist, who actually isn't mad but a brilliant genius which every nations military goes to consult when they quietly tell their leaders, "We'll consult our experts" and when asked who they always say "private sources"
@Marquesan I will say man you're the only person on NS I've ever mistaken for a genuine Weapons designer.
Kraven Prevails!

Chargé d'Affaires

Corporate Police State

Postby Reorganisieren Reichregierung » Sun Jan 17, 2021 1:43 pm

Im Auftrag auf Seine Kaiserliche und Königliche Majestät, Der Großdeutsches Kaiser

TO HER MAJESTY EMPRESS RELENA I VON PEACEKRAFT OF THE HOLY KINGDOM OF CASSADIA

On behalf of the Greater Germanic Reich of the German Nation, His Omperial and Royal Majesty sends his thanks and regard to Her Most Esteemed Majesty Empress Relena I von Peacekraft and her family and wishes them nothing but the best.

We in the German Reich rejoice to see righteous nations make a stand against the endless abominations of this age, and those who have are keen on spreading them to every corner of the Earth. Just as in the Second World War, the wicked, filled with burning hatred against God and His Commandments, are once more marching up over the broad plain of the earth, as if to surround the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but this time fire will surely come down from heaven and consume them if they make good on their threats to defile everything that is sacred with their vice and filth.

Likewise, we are most concerned about what the lies of the globalists are being used to justify against the Cassadian nation. As we speak, the Zionists are frothing at the mouth, seized with ecstasy at the prospect of another great slaughter, one greater than the butchery the world has witnessed in Iraq, Yugoslavia, Afghanistan, Libya and Syria. They are probably very eager to make use of nuclear weapons in the wars to come, as if to make up for not having been able to drop a nuclear bomb on Berlin and Tokyo, and not being able to do so in the present in Tehran, Moscow, Beijing, Damascus, Minsk, and other places inhabited by "bothersome people" who would not accept a New World Order completely devoid of God where men would "own nothing and be happy", presided over by the "benevolent" rule of the managerial elite.

From one true monarch to another, His Imperial and Royal Majesty accepts the warm hand of friendship you have extended and reciprocates by accepting all your terms. This "Amistad Declaration" is nothing but a vehicle to mobilize the globalist forces of the "free world" to do the bidding of the unipolar Weimar international system headed by the Great Satan and the Zionist non-entity. Our only potential reservation is that we would do well to not expand our retaliation to signatories of the Amistad Declaration who have yet to participate actively in the propaganda campaign and the warmongering frenzy, barring any signs they might do so. However, this reservation is no barrier to our acceptance of the terms you have offered, but merely advice offered out of goodwill.

The purpose of the "Free World" was actually not to destroy communism, but to simply destroy the power of Russia and any nation who came close to threatening their power. This is most obvious in the fact they still persecute Russia so, even after communism fell in that country. Their dispute with the Soviet communists was merely a continuation of the dispute between the followers of Leon Trotsky and Joseph Stalin. The "freedom" of the "Free World" is the "freedom" in the abyss of nothingness stemming from the false belief that God is dead, than man has become God and therefore nothing is forbidden, and everything that is not forbidden is compulsory. Thusly, it was to be expected that any nation that would not participate willingly in the Great Reset that would bring about the kingdom of nihilism would be cast aside by the "Free World" as soon as the Soviet Union was destroyed. By way of deception, the "Free World" makes war on God, nation and history, therefore one should anticipate betrayal in any dealings with them.

Likewise, we thank the great Cassdian nation, and His Most Esteemed Majesty the late Emperor Christian IX, for sheltering our compatriots persecuted by the kangaroo courts of the international bankers and the Zionist agents. We are glad that that the flower of the German nation has bloomed on the rich soil of Cassadia and has borne such wonderful fruit. We furthermore thank the Cassadians for their admiration for the greatness of the achievements of our civilization, which the Allied Powers of the "Free World" envied and wished to destroy for they went straight from barbarism to decadence without so much as a taste of civilization.

We are fully cognizant of the bounty to be reaped from friendship between our great civilizations, hence we embrace such an undertaking. Let us revolt together against the modern world to restore the throne and altar to their rightful places and in doing so, shake the unipolar Zionist system to its rotten core.

With German regards,

Führer der Nation
Führer aller Germanen

Last edited by Reorganisieren Reichregierung on Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:28 am, edited 12 times in total.

Generic Reich LARP nation #557753245. Call me "Reich", "RR" or by nation name only if OOC.

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 17, 2021 2:10 pm

17th Of January
Royal Palace Of Carthage

Relena fluttered as the heavy double-doors that lead into what was opulently furnished dining hall opened wide for her graceful entrance. The room she just entered in was one of those long halls that were so characteristic of the palace itself, with their tall majestic ceilings and the gilded carved marble statues on each of the corners that presided over them with their silent gazes upon a gathering of senior officials from Cassadia's government and military. Those among them were Joachim von Ribbentrop, Volodymyr Zelensky, Igor Sergeyev, Schneizel Doenitz, Lepi Andreyov, Parvan Angelov, and Hafez Nonette - Baron Punchev Lukov was also seated next to where Relena's reserved seat. Many of these characters present had upon them been entrusted with their own respective posts that were the most senior in the land, whether it be in the Crown-Government or the military or the General Reconnaissance Bureau, it did not matter for they were all in equal measure the Empress's servants.

The woman gave the room a glance at the assembly before her, the personalities in question having stood up to attention the moment the doors opened as an elderly servant dressed in a butler-like uniform announced the entry of Cassadia's Monarch. Of course, many gave the usual courtesies as required by etiquette, but this was more of an unofficial dinner gathered in an unofficial capacity. This was a private dinner after all, on the occasion of celebrating the recent success of a test of a strategic device that sent a message throughout the World that the Fire Phoenix's claws were still as sharp as ever.

Heels clicked off the spotless and reflective marble floor. As Relena strolled across the room, her very presence demanded of others their absolute attention on her. The Empress walked around to the front of her chair as she took up her own glass of wine that she raised at her council, who had been seated on opposite rows across the table, they too raised their own; no one dared even taste their food or fresheners until she was to arrive.

'' My heart goes out to all of you who have gathered here today on this occasion to celebrate this important event. '' was Royal's opening statement, her voice loud yet gentle in its soft-spoken,'' Your selfless service to me has touched me greatly, because what you do - you do not do for me, but for the Kingdom, and for that I shall be ever thankful until the Lord shall summon me to his abode for final judgment.'' Proclaimed proudly the dignified woman, her voice strong yet still exhibiting those delicate feminine features. She then turned to Baron Lukov, who was all attentive to what she'd say next,'' I believe that the Good Baron is deserving of giving the first toast of the evening.''

'' I am honored, my dear. How kind of you!'' Punchev brightly responded to being dispensed by the honor. He raised his glass, before giving one of his o'-so-typical speeches that Relena was so used to hearing now and then.

'' The world is, unfortunately, abound by enemies who wish our humble Kingdom nothing but death, carnage, and destruction.'' Lukov began,'' to our people, to our society, to our values. For they harbor great revulsion Christian civilization that has stood the test of time for over one thousand years against; rebellions, treacherous conspiracies, wars, famines, and a whole host of other hardships that our Lord sent our way to test our Faith to Him. Indeed their so-called crusade against us is fuelled by the hatred of the Jews, those Christ-killers whose toxic and corrosive influence has brought about the downfall of much a Christian civilization, Driven by their visceral hatred for our Lord. Whom they murdered with joy in their hearts. ''

The Baron glanced at the Empress, moving on,'' Regardless; for indeed this is a part of His Great Trial that he has bestowed upon us. But only if we can keep His commandments if we can keep His teachings and edicts by assenting to His will and the design of our fate that He has charted for us should we succeed in that endeavor. For it would be better for our nation to be consumed by nuclear fire than to have our most prized and precious Holy Kingdom succumb to the kind of apostate earthly systems of mob rule or communism and should our society ever come to resemble the likes of Soddom and Gomorrah as a result of the innate degeneracy that the systems of this Jewish cabal have solicited upon humankind.”

Lukov paused for a moment, raising his glass higher.” So my greatly treasured friends. I raise this glass in the hopes and the name of our Lord, to answer our prayers to grant us victory over our fiendish creatures and so let before their demise experience confusion and ruination as they have never witnessed before.”

“THUS I RAISE MY GLASS - SO THAT CONFUSION AND DEATH SET IN OVER THE SATANIC LANDS OF PALMYRION AND VASSIYAN!”

“DEATH AND CONFUSION TO PALMYRION AND VASSIYAN!”

The whole accord of Crown-Government, military, and GRB characters raised their voices and glasses in unison to the Baron’s proclamation, after which they downed their respective glasses of wine to the bottom. With the sole exception of Punchev Lukov, who for his own reasons had to abstain from any kind of spirits or other such beverages.

His history, including that of his family, with this most common poison, was less than savory.
Last edited by Qassadia on Tue Jan 19, 2021 10:07 am, edited 3 times in total.

Polish Prussian Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Oct 30, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Polish Prussian Commonwealth » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:02 am

Kizuna
GENERAL RELEASE
FM: DIPBATC
TO: CARTHAGE GARRISON & CONSULATE

BEGIN
PREPARE TO EVACUATE BY 0900 HOURS IN 2 DAYS. PROCEED TO CARTHAGE INTERNATIONAL. AIRCRAFT WILL BE AWAITING TO TAKE YOU HOME.

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO BRING ANY LOCALS WITH YOU.

END.

FM: DWS
TO: CARTHAGE GARRISON & CONSULATE

BEGIN

ELEMENTS STANDING BY TO EXTRACT PACKAGE “BELL”. IMMEDIATE CONTROL PASSING TO YOU. WILL EXECUTE ON YOUR COMMAND.

END.

Prussian-Polish consulate - Ulitsa Klimashkina, Carthage

As soon as the gates of the embassy clanged shut behind Bell, she dropped her facade.

Normally, a Cassadian LPU would keep his or her eyes to the floor and face neutral. No smiling or frowning unless cued to do so by your owner, lest you arouse his or her annoyance or rage. She had learned that the hard way, but here…

Bell smiled widely as she made her way across the courtyard. The naval infantrymen on duty waved at her from their posts, and she gave them a salute in return. Spring had arrived in Carthage, and over there, in the corner, she saw the consulate’s vegetable garden that she had helped to plant with Miss Lipka and Mister and Missus Hancock.

Speaking of Dana Lipka, the blonde-haired doctor was sitting on the steps of the embassy. She was a lovely woman to look at; her clean flaxen-colored hair was tied up in a short bun today, and she had ditched her stuffy white corpsman’s uniform, instead wearing a hoodie and trousers. Next to her was Krystyna Hancock, her brown hair tied into a long braid which she slung over her shoulder like a soldier’s rifle.

“Morning, Bell!” Krystyna called, standing up and waving her over. “Coffee? Tea?”
“I’ll take tea this morning, Miss Hancock.” Bell replied. Krystyna stood and went inside, presumably to the consulate’s canteen.

Lipka patted the spot next to her. “Come ‘ere, kid.”
As Bell sat down, Lipka shifted slightly. She seemed visibly tense. This was unusual to Bell, for up until this point Miss Lipka had been, for the most part, nothing but calm, even when Baron Lukov had visited earlier.

Francis Hancock swung by, along with Mattias, on their way to relieve the guards at the gate-tower. Francis gave a short note to Bell, while Mattias waved. Both smiled, but they seemed troubled by something.

Mattias came over, and he and Lipka glanced at each other.

“You, uh, tell her yet?” He asked. Lipka shook her head.

“What’s going on?” Bell asked, worried.
“We have to leave.” Lipka replied, bluntly. “And...we’ve come up with a plan. To get you out.”

Before Bell could respond, the roar of several motors outside interrupted her train of thought, followed by the siren of the consulate ringing off.

From the barracks, the remaining men of the consulate’s garrison rushed out, pulling on plate carriers and affixing bayonets to their G3s. Francis and Mattias joined them, and eleven men in one straight line soon cordoned off the entrance as the gates opened.

In strode a shortish, well-built man, followed by several bodyguards, toting honest-to-God M16s and MP5s.

Baron Lukov. Rumors swirled through Carthage of his power, his influence on the Empress...and his mental instability.

“Salutations!” he greeted with a smile that was just a little too wide. “Is the Ambassador Godwinsson here?”

“State your business.” Francis replied, coldly. There was very little love lost between Sergeant Hancock and Baron Lukov; the two men had butted heads from the minute they had met, and they would butt heads again today, with Hancock attempting to frustrate Lukov, and Lukov attempting to sideline Hancock.

“There is no need for alarm, I assure you.” Lukov’s smile somehow widened further. “My intentions are that I wanted to stop by and check in on this humble and honorable diplomatic outpost of yours, furthermore than that; It has been entrusted to me to have this message be announced for your entire embassy on behalf of my Her Majesty’s government.”

Lipka’s face twisted into a snarl, and she pulled Bell closer to her with one arm, reaching for her pistol with the other. The line of naval infantrymen tensed. A loud shattering could be heard, and Bell felt her hair stand on end.

“What-” she heard Miss Hancock’s voice say. “Is going on.”

“This doesn’t concern you, Krystyna.” Francis replied, without looking away from Lukov.

“But it concerns me, Sergeant.”

A new voice entered the fray; the quiet, grave voice of Ambassador Godwinsson. He was a tall, lanky man, wearing a thick coat that seemed to extend comically past his knees.

“Baron Lukov. A good morning to you. Come with me.”
“Oh, that won’t be required, Your Excellency. Unless you do mind, I would prefer to stay out here; Since the message I carry should be heard by the whole embassy and it’s short. It won’t take long.”

Despite his polite refusal, something about his demeanor set Corporal Thurn off.

“I’ll put a fuckin’ bullet in your face ‘fore I hear another word from your mouth!” Mattias roared.

“Corporal Thurn, control yourself!” Sergeant Hancock barked, turning to face him.

Lukov shook his head. “Sergeant, your men are getting sloppy. Can’t blame them, though, spending almost all this time holed up in this box, as if like a bunch of caged rats - has not surpised me….No matter,”
He cleared his throat. “I, Baron Punchev Lukov of Robvoi have come to you, on behalf of the Empress von Peacekraft, that I bid farewell to the Prussian-Polish consulate. Thus on behalf of Empress of the Realm will be willing to lend you any and all of her services, as well as those of the Cassadian Crown-Government, to be att your disposal, so as to expedite your travels home. It is our hope to see you return, in order so that the friendship between the Prussian-Polish and Cassadian peoples continue to flourish. With that, however, I must admonish you...”

His smile grew wider still. Bell tensed and buried her face in Lipka’s chest; anything to get that horrid grin from a horrid man out of her sight.

“On a final note; Smuggling living property units and other such animals, as well as stealing them, is a crime, and attempting to flee the Holy Empire after committing such a crime is punishable by means up to and including execution.”

Godwinsson seemed deep in thought. “Very well.” He replied. “We shall follow your laws, insofar as they align with the word of the Lord who watches above. Of course, your laws are just; why wouldn’t they be? Regardless, I thank the Cassadian people for their warm welcome, and I shall convey your well-wishes to my government upon our safe return.”
Lukov’s smile disappeared. “Very well.”

He turned to leave, but as he did so, the smile returned, and just before he got into his car, he turned back around. “Just remember! We’re watching you, so don’t you worry!”

The Ambassador grimaced, and turned around. “Bell, Hancock!” he barked. “My office.”

Ambassador Godwinsson’s office was a spartan room with very little furnishment; a clock on the wall, several filing cabinets, and a massive computer on a massive desk. Jan stood in front of the desk, at attention, while Bell stood at his side, looking down.

Godwinsson, for his part, was looking through his cabinet, before he finally pulled out a sheaf of paper.

“This is top secret. Although, in a few days, it won’t matter. And it concerns you as well, Bell.”

He handed it to Hancock and waited for him to read it.

Hancock’s eyes bulged as he went down the page. The document was a brief summary of a list of arrangements and an operational plan for the extraction of Bell. All elements of the Prussian-Polish military, and even some foreign militaries, were involved in this; a fighter escort from the Naval Aviation Squadrons and the Reinkalistanis, logistical support from the French and the Abwehr, a mechanized platoon from the 1st Guards Grenadiers awaiting to escort them the minute they touched down in Warsaw along with a Lauzannan QRF, and more…

“You..really pulled out all the stops for this.” he stated, shocked.

Godwinsson nodded. “Cost me a shitton of favors.” He turned to Bell. “Bell. The short version is that we have a plan to get you out. All it requires now is you to agree. I’m not going to lie. It’s going to be dangerous; you, I, Hancock, Miss Lipka; any of us or all of us could be killed or worse trying to do this. But if this gets pulled off, you’ll be safe and free in Prussia-Poland.”

Bell felt a weight pressing down on her as Godwinsson, Hancock, the whole world bore down on her. Everyone in this building wanted her to say yes, and would likely give their lives just to make sure she made it to Prussia-Poland...and what then? Freedom had been what she wanted for all her life, but now that it was so close, so near, she found herself hesitating.

She looked up at Hancock, at Godwinsson. She thought of Miss Lipka and Miss Hancock.

The Prussian-Polish consulate had been a shelter, an escape from the brutal, capricious world of master and slave that constituted Cassadia. Now it was leaving, but here she had the chance to escape.

A long silence reigned, but in the end, her answer was never in doubt.
“When do we leave?”

A few minutes later, a message fired off from the embassy.
FM: CARTHAGE GARRISON & CONSULATE
TO: DWS, ELEMENTS WITHIN CARTHAGE

BEGIN

PACKAGE AGREED. EXECUTE IN 2 DAYS.
OPERATION HENRIETTA IS A GO.
END.

OFFICAL COMMUNICATION FROM THE MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF THE KINGDOMS OF PRUSSIA AND POLAND
The Prussian-Polish consulate in Carthage was opened in 2014 in hopes of avoiding and defusing potentially dangerous situations between the Armed Forces of the Commonwealth of the Kingdoms of Prussia and Poland and those of Cassadia. However, in light of the tragic incident in which Adlopovna Gazgireyeva lost her life, Cassadia’s testing of nuclear weapons, and general geopolitical instability in the region, as well as pre-existing conflicts and pressure from the people and Crown of Prussia and Poland, we must, for the safety of our diplomats and soldiers working abroad, withdraw and close our consulate for the time being. Relations will be restored when such a time that the general situation allows for safe and effective communications. We would also like to condemn any citizen of Prussia-Poland who takes up arms in any future conflict in the region for any side and attempts to exacerbate suffering both abroad and at home by dragging their countries into needless wars.

Matching the Foreign Ministry’s muted and neutral response was the split reaction of the public at large. Many did not forget that Cassadia had backed the absolutists in the civil war, not too long ago, and that those absolutists had been brutally put down by the Reichswehr. Whether this was a good or bad thing was still hotly debated, even though the intelligentsia and scholars had settled long ago that overall, the destruction of the Cassadian-backed elements of the anticommunist resistance helped ensure the survival of Prussia-Poland’s constitutional monarchy. There was also the issue of fighting abroad; Prussia-Poland had slammed America before for it’s missteps and interventions, but a vocal and large minority clamored for intervention against the degenerate Cassadians and their usage of slave-labor. At the same time, however, an equally-large minority protested against any military action; there was no need to send Prussian-Poles abroad to tear the plank from another country’s eye, when Prussia-Poland already had planks of its own to tear out.

Amidst the hubbub, however, men moved. Flights were arranged, tickets bought, and contracts signed. As always, nation-states demanded men of violence, and there were those in Prussia-Poland, motivated by conscience or cash, who responded. Many such prospective contractors were headed to one nation in particular- Lauzanne. Not just mercenaries moved, however. Surreptitiously, ORP Jagdwiga of Poland, Prussia-Poland’s sole assault carrier, slipped out of port, with a full combat load of 20 Harriers and 8 Ka-31s modified for ASW duties, accompanied by a destroyer and two frigates, as well as a replenishment ship.
Last edited by Polish Prussian Commonwealth on Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Furthermore, I submit that Carthage NSG must be destroyed." t. Marcus Porcius Cato

IC name is "Blauveldt-Ryszana".

A traumatized, but recovering, MT-Early PMT/FanT constitutional monarchy consisting of a personal and constitutional union of two Realms. Features: near-universal gun ownership, governmental dysfunction, terrified Christinaslander Air National Guard personnel counting down the days until they rotate back home, and an eternal standoff with the last of it's former oppressors.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:29 am

OFFICIAL STATEMENT
OPISYAL NA PAHAYAG

OF THE
NG

DEPARTMENT OF STATE AFFAIRS
KAGAWARAN NG KAPAKANANG ESTADO

ON BEHALF OF THE
SA PANGALAN NG

ROYAL PALMYRIAN COMMONWEALTH
MAKAHANG MANKOMUNIDAD NG PALMYRIA

20 January 2021 12:34PM Palmyrian Standard Time

The Royal Commonwealth of Palmyrion would like to extend its gratitude to the nations who expressed their support and compassion to our nation in this time of immense shock and fear, as the Royal Commonwealth suffers a major blow to its psyche while grappling with the COVID-19 pandemic and a brutal war of attrition overseas. The Royal Commonwealth of Palmyrion, as a civilisation-state spanning nearly 1,300 years of history, shall stand steadfast through storm and calm, through sunrise and sunset, come what may that will threaten the foundations of the Royal Commonwealth and the very ideals we strive towards: liberty, prosperity, and justice.

We will not sugar-coat the disgusting findings of our intelligence and law enforcement teams: Cassadia's fingerprints are scattered all across the board. No amount of denial by the Cassadian state will ever cover the fact that it was them who undermined Palmyrion's security and safety and carried out the attack on a Cassadian dissident who fled Cassadia and settled in Palmyrion. More evidence will come to light as the days pass, only making Cassadia's denial even more futile - even as fellow authoritarian and totalitarian states, birds of the same feather flocking together, come to defend Cassadia, one even outright saying it was the Cassadian state while justifying the killing itself.

Worse still, Cassadia performed a nuclear weapons test in the South Sche'gori Sea in the region of Krillin. This, on top of a major military exercise is not a mere flexing of muscle - this shows that Cassadia wants to wage war on us to exterminate us. Those who accuse Palmyrion of crying for blood and war are thus misguided and delusional, for Cassadia's actions have proven that it is them that want to wage war on the Royal Commonwealth and exterminate its culture and society, not the other way around. For them, if they cannot enslave us, then they will exterminate us from all existence. Do not mistake our peace-loving nature to be one of defencelessness - we are a nation that loves peace, but we are also a nation that seeks to uphold justice, and one that will fervently defend our very existence. We will not allow those who wish to see Palmyrion wiped out from the face of existence to destroy us while we stand here and do nothing. We will not let the dregs of this world enslave and kill trillions while we stand here and do nothing. Cassadia will not turn us into one of the countless trillions they have enslaved or exterminated.

We are committed to the perpetuation of the Palmyrian civilisation-state and the cultivation of its power and prosperity. We are and shall remain strong and steadfast in order to defend our nation and sovereignty, so we can secure the existence of our people and society, uphold and live by the values of justice, compassion, prudence, integrity, and humility, exercise honour and excellence, and safeguard the future of our progeny.

OOC Notes:
  1. The last paragraph consists of certain portions of the Philippine Science High School Scholar's Pledge, a modified version of the Fourteen Words, and the motto of my university being cobbled together.

NB: The modifications to the Fourteen Words were deliberately made more inclusive, as “the future of our progeny” is, in effect, no longer limited to any one race.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:50 pm

GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
EVIL OVERSIGHT DIVISION

GENTLEMEN:

The sanctinmonius saber-rattling by the Palmyrianite state, justifying that Qassadia killing a traitor to its government as an attempt to make an offensive attack on all of Palmyria proper is a dangerous escalation of this conflict.

A government killing a traitor is not an act of murder. Not in TurtleShroom, and certainly not in every nation infuriated at Qassadia for killing a traitor. Every nation here, every single one, would do the same to a traitor that leaked the kind of top secret data that Qassadia leaked.

Even leaving aside that Qassadia is a byword for evil in TurtleShroom, we must analyze that the victim of the Qassadian assassination was an actual traitor, not just to the ideology of the literal Hellspawn that run that accursed realm, but to the laws of any civilized nation.

The Qassadian traitor defected to an enemy nation and brought with her some of the nation's highest classified, top secrets. These included the structures of the Qassadian intelligerence agencies, its secret courts, and its methods and attempts to put down riots, insurrections, and threats to the Qassadian Hellscape.

Does Qassadia deserve that? Yes.

Should more people to do this to Qassadia? Yes.

Are Qassadian secrets something that Nationstates needs to hear, in order to fundamentally undermine such a Satanic entity? Of course.

However, condemining the assassination of a traitor is wrong, because the traitor actually committed treason in a manner that every civilized nation in all of Nationstates defines as treason. This isn't someone who talked smack about the demon Empress or peddled an unredacted Bible in the town square. The victim of the assassination's acts towards her homeland would be, if done to any nation here, equally criminal.

By condemning Qassadia's attack on a traitor, the international community is revealing itself to be hypocritical fools. They have assassinated, and continue to assassinate, threats to their people and threats to the state. They have and continue to kill traitors extrajudicially if they are not in reach of the country's counterintelligence apparatus. A nation should extrajudicially kill traitors in any scenario where the nation hosting a traitor will not extradite him.

If TurtleShroom performed this attack on a TurtleShroomian traitor, we would openly admit that we performed the act and intentionally avoid any civilian casualties, let alone that of children.

You should be condemning the innocent children in the blast, not the blast itself. Qassadia had every right to kill a traitor, especially one that defects to an enemy nation.

The Qassadians are cowards to deny that they killed a traitor. They should admit the truth, because they are exercising the right to prosecute traitors wherever they may be.

While it is certainly an act of war to attack someone in a foreign realm, the single, targetted executing of a traitor is not a just reason to go to war because of the atrocious, reaking hypocrisy it is.

If the shoe was on the other foot, would you want to have the right to execute traitors in enemy states?

You know you would.

Don't be hypocrites.
-BUREAUCRAT ON BEHALF OF THE IMPERIAL MINISTRY OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:08 pm

Code: Select all
!!!!!!!!!!!!

TurtleShroom has recognized and successfully recorded the detonation of an intercontinental ballistic missile in the location documented by Qassadia.

Normally, this is where we would congratulate the tester and actively encourage them to continue building a nuclear arsenal.

Not today.

It seems sulphur and eternal torment is not enough for the legions of Hell. God help us all.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:45 pm

HEADMISTRESS

TO THE RECONSTITUTED GERMAN EMPIRE AND HIS IMPERIAL MAJESTY, THE ESTEEMED KAISER AND HIS COURT:

Peace be with you. My name is Sue Preobrazhensky, and I am the provisional Headmistress of Foreign Affairs and a Boyarina, a humbled Peer of the TurtleShroomian nobility.

I am writing to your Imperial Majesty and his court in the interests of the ongoing problems arising between the conflicts of Qassadia, Palmyria, the Armistad Declaration treaty-goers, and, increasingly, the Great Bountiful Empire.

Your nation, while grotesquely fixated on foolish anti-Semitic sin, nonetheless represents and enables the splendor and majesty of German culture and exudes a beacon of resistance against sexual degeneracy, moral collapse, and the other wicked and anti-God mindsets of the modern far-left.

As a country that crushed a Marxist revolt and deals with fornicators, sodomites, and degenerates on a daily basis, we find that your description of the modern far-left, and the horrific repurcussions of a nation that turns its back on social conservatism, to be, with the exception of the Jew-bashing, to be nearly identical to the patriotic efforts to fight the moral rot of Nationstates here in TurtleShroom.

We seek, then, to establish ties with your august Empire and potentially work together to find a peaceful resolution between the warmongers of the Armistad declaration and the Hellspawn of Qassadia.

We are not hypocrites, and while it is reprehensible that innocent children died in this, you and I both know that a nation has a right to kill traitors and, if they are not extradited, to extrajudicially neutralize their threat to national security.

Verily, a great future may very well be forged between your honorable Reich and our Empire. We hope that we can set aside the demons of Qassadia and, together, establish a deeper bulwark of righteous, Christian realms to buttress ourselves against the forces of darkness, sodomy, and decay.

Even though TurtleShroom is influenced heavily by Enlightenment thought and the consent of the governed, our society has thus far avoided the excesses of sin, hate, and sexual immorality by retaining a strong, unifying stand in favor of the Church (and/or other upright, but false, religions) and the old ways against the crushing tide of darkness.

Authoritarianism is not inherently evil, but our forefathers knew that absolutism corrupts absolutely. This is not to say your honorable Kaiser is corrupt- far from it -but we are not cognizent of the means to check the power of a hypothetically absolue Tsar, absent bloodshed.
Your idea of God raising up a warlord to spiritually slay a rotten Reich reminds us greatly of the Mandate of Heaven practiced by Chinamen and other Orientals that we have contact with, especially in our own nation. This is another sign that our potential for mutual friendship is immense.

I look forward to meeting your esteeemed Kaiser or representative at the earliest possible convenience.

God be with you. Bless your Empire and mine.

-HER GOSPODZHA, BOYARINA SUE PREOBRAZHENSKY, HEADMISTRESS OF FOREIGN AFFAIRS OF THE GREAT BOUNTIFUL EMPIRE OF THE UNITED TURTLES, MUSHROOMS, AND MEN OF TURTLESHROOM
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Marquesan
Minister

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Marquesan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:23 am

SAN.161 "Ravana-B" class Submarine "Maquedo"
"Eel's Bed" 1220 Patrol Route, World Ocean, 2800 Km S. of Krillin
Local Time: 2200 Hours

"It's the Foudroyant, Sir. They're reporting a nuclear detonation in the waters south of Krasnov. Capitan Colbert reports no damage, but he requests reinforcement."

Capitan François Pomet didn't hesitate for a moment, his pale blue eyes darted between the moving map display and the sonar contacts screen. "Conn, chart your course for direct intercept. Flank speed!"

All hands on the bridge sounded off in unison. "General quarters, flank speed, Oui Capitan!"

A moment later, the lighting color on the bridge switched from white to red, two bursts were heard from the klaxon horns across the submarine and Maquedo began to accelerate, sacrificing stealth for outright speed as the hypersonic missile-armed boomer's speed began climbing up past thirty knots under a hundred meters of water.

Unlike the torpedo-armed Foudroyant, a hunter/killer submarine escorting a quiet supply convoy alone, Maquedo carried forty eight (48) BGM.139R3 "Summanus" missiles, designed for long range strike. It would take Maquedo two days to reach Krillin, but far less than that before the Summanus hypersonics Maquedo was packing in its missile gallery would be in striking range, to retaliate if need be, or to protect the unarmed freighters towing hulls to Krasnov.

"Comms, inform the rest of the squadron to be ready to move in case things get hot; please relay a message to Colbert, let him know we intend to rally with him 200km south of the drop point."

Pomet's eyes stayed fixated on the sonar display as the engine room reported back that the boat was at best speed. "I'm coming, Colbert..." he muttered to himself.

La Citadelle des Etoiles, Nuku Hiva Capital Island District,
Remire Prefecture, Coastal Marquesan States, Gholgoth.
Local Time: 2300 Hours.

Delphine looked like he hadn't slept in two days, an unfiltered cigarette hanging from his lips.

"Primus, four more anti-Cassadian declarations just came across the wire."

Delphine stood from his desk, visibly disgusted as he looked out across a sea of clouds from the Spire. The island of Nuku Hiva belonged to a tiny archipelago off the southeastern coast of the mainland; these home islands represented the first lands the ancient Marquesan nomads settled instead of simply putting them to the torch and sword. Nuku Hiva had been one such island, formed from the cinder cone of an ancient, dead volcano. Its long-since quiet lava tubes had been hollowed out from the towering basaltic structure formed into a labyrinthian network of twisting hallways, four elevator shafts drilled straight down the center, with a wide spiral staircase wrapping helically around it to the very top chamber, called the Spire. The spire was typically fifty meters over the cloud level, affording it moonlight that flooded in from its glass and steel roof.

In the room with him were the Commandants Superieur responsible for Corps Guerre Aéronavale, Corps Guerre Navale and Corps Guerre Sous-Marine. The four of them had gathered at the Spire when Foudroyant's initial communication arrived, going over every detail of the reports from Foudroyant and now from Maquedo carefully, communicating that it was on a course to rendezvous with Foudroyant before the freighter convoy made drydock at Krasnov.

"Honestly, who in the blue blazes was this woman that the whole Amistad Pact is willing to go to war with Cassadia? Surely they don't mean to invade the country over this?" Delphine exhorted.

"Primus, if I may speak frankly, this is a power grab, and very little more. This overt aggression, this hostile rhetoric, it surely only goes one way." Commandant Gobert of Corps Guerre Sous-Marine spoke. "We've seen this before, they mean to attack Cassadia as a group."

"That's ridiculous. Over a political killing. How many more will die in the attempt?" Delphine said, sharply.

"How are we getting dragged into this?" Said Commandant Gobert, of Corps Guerre Navale.

"Frankly, I don't believe we are, unless one of them decides that Cassadian military shipping makes a juicy target." Delphine spoke. "Those reactors could detonate if the ships are attacked. If they are attacked in drydock, it would surely irradiate the city of Krasnov."

Gobert nodded. "Let us hope the Amistad Pact is not so foolish."
Last edited by Marquesan on Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 17 times in total.

Kraven Prevails!

Chargé d'Affaires

Corporate Police State

Postby Reorganisieren Reichregierung » Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:53 am

TO HER EXCELLENCY HEADMISTRESS BOYARINA SUE PREOBRAZHENSKY

On behalf of the Greater Germanic Reich of the German Nation, His Imperial and Royal Majesty sends his thanks and regards to Their Most Esteemed Majesties the Tsars and Tsarinas of Turtleshroom.

We in the German Reich greatly appreciate that your great empire, which upholds the old ways that take God and His plans for mankind into account, has taken an effort to extend a hand of friendship to ours. Despite our differences, we traditionalists have much in common. Our potential for friendship is indeed immense.

As fellow believers in the glory of God and the natural law, we accept your offer to establish ties between our esteemed empires and to work together to put an end to the rather childish dispute between the permanent revolutionaries of Amistad and the Cassadian slavemasters, which reeks of hypocrisy and darker tidings. His Imperial and Royal Majesty himself will travel to the Great Bountiful Empire to meet your royals and dignitaries, in order to discuss the current conflict.

Furthermore, we would like to state that hold the same position as your empire with regards. The Cassadians had every right to kill their traitors, their only mistake in this respect is they did not take care to avoid harming the innocent children who may be very well victims of the aformentioned traitors, which makes their fate all the more unenviable.

As Christian realms and bastions of morality, let us join forces against the surging tide of nihilism flowing as if without end from the moral abyss that is the unipolar world.

With German regards,

Führer der Nation
Führer aller Germanen

Last edited by Reorganisieren Reichregierung on Thu Jan 21, 2021 7:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents