NATION

PASSWORD

The Rise of China

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:33 pm

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
That’s a pretty absurd claim. According to your claim the phrase “all of China” is meaningful and that whenever the class of China satisfies the singleton pattern aka there is one and only one China the China magically becomes more benign and less corrupt. This is clearly not true historically.

Thanks for once again proving that you haven't fully read everything and have just scrambled to type a response.

Reread my post and then maybe rebut it. In context with imperial corruption being different. I even said that it "uniquely existed," ergo it was an unusual circumstance.

What’s your evidence that this is the case though?
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:39 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:Thanks for once again proving that you haven't fully read everything and have just scrambled to type a response.

Reread my post and then maybe rebut it. In context with imperial corruption being different. I even said that it "uniquely existed," ergo it was an unusual circumstance.

The warlords? Hello?

After the fall of the Imperial System in China, China essentially was balkanized into many, many smaller states. Did this create prosperity for China like you predicted? No, it just led to rampant warlordism and corruption as everyone wanted to unify China and did everything they could (including bribe crime syndicates or even join them like Sun Yat-Sen did) to actually attain it. The result was that corruption was sky high, particularly in the provinces.

This issue wasn't solved until the RoC was exiled to Taiwan and the PRC essentially obliterated the warlords and fired them from living. After that, corruption shifted to the reasons that it happens today in China (i.e because of the rich and powerful influencing government like they always have in capitalist societies). Criminal syndicates weren't being paid to help unite China anymore, and the warlords were gone, so that Chinese unification type of corruption just collapsed.
Last edited by Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Yuzu China
Attaché

Founded: Jan 03, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Yuzu China » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:47 pm

C h ina wrote:
Yuzu China wrote:
We are discussing the Governance of India specifically, which is itself the joke of the century. As a Tibetan I don't want them to govern me at all, that is a terrifying suggestion. I'll repost the context of my quote which you conveniently cut out:

「You are not Tibetan unlike me, you understand nothing. India is one of the world's poorest, backwards and illiterate countries. It can't handle itself much less Pakistan or whatever. It is on the brink of collapse after the massive Covid lockdown protests. You must explain exactly how this country who has completely failed Covid control has to teach Tibet, who under China has one of the world's best responses? I don't feel very 「free」 choking to death from Covid, do you? Tibetans are ultimately not South Asian at all, there is no commonality at all. Mistreat what, go back to banning modern science while practicing literal monastic slavery? Go recheck the covid charts/econ indicators」

「P.S. Isolationism leading to such factually inaccurate beliefs is one of the “features” of China which has to be abolished along with China itself"」

Go look in the mirror. I'm not going to waste time redebunking stuff like who studies abroad in what numbers or who's publishing the papers because you refuse to read what others like me write at all, as proven above, so you end up wasting other people's time. Since you'd like to play the racism game: true racism is forcing this aforementioned failed incompetence onto us Tibetans, whether it's Indian or Western.

「Freeze don’t move, bring them all
It’s noisy, stop talking now
Your mind and heart
Even your every minute and second
Someone asks us who we are
We don’t necessarily have to explain
But proudly now freeze this stage
And break everything with a hand gesture」

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpIG9dq ... l=TOPMEDIA

Hello. Greatest enemy here.

Whatever. The civil war was a lifetime ago. We're too busy to hate. :D

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 11, 2017
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:37 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Why should East Turkestan choose what you think they should do?

That’s what they will choose on average anyway. They have even less reason to have anything to do with China compared to Tibet. Iran and Turkey have a lot of potential.

Turkey and Iran are both very repressive states that do not respect human rights. As much as I dislike the CCP, Turkey and Iran aren't exactly that much better.

Coradortodos
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 14, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Coradortodos » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:40 pm

I think That China will probably Spread Communism Before Invading Someone

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:45 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
That’s what they will choose on average anyway. They have even less reason to have anything to do with China compared to Tibet. Iran and Turkey have a lot of potential.

Turkey and Iran are both very repressive states that do not respect human rights. As much as I dislike the CCP, Turkey and Iran aren't exactly that much better.

I disagree. Both are objective much better places than China has ever been. Cultural isolationism is a very bad idea.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eram_Ga ... rden98.jpg
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:48 pm

Coradortodos wrote:I think That China will probably Spread Communism Before Invading Someone

It won’t. However it will spread Sinostatism which is even worse.

What is Sinostatism?

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:53 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:If you want me to be blunt then different cultures are different due to their history and for ethnic Chinese Randism is about right. It doesn’t mean it is appropriate for Bedouins or Russians.

Why would China need Randism when they could actually be moral instead and follow the teachings of the Confucians?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:57 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:If you want me to be blunt then different cultures are different due to their history and for ethnic Chinese Randism is about right. It doesn’t mean it is appropriate for Bedouins or Russians.

Why would China need Randism when they could actually be moral instead and follow the teachings of the Confucians?

Well, I’d rather die than tolerate the existence of such things.

Ok. Here is why. Of course you don’t have to tolerate the harm caused by Confucianism hence you defend it. Yeah I’m guilty of the same since I don’t mind defending all kinds of socially right wing and authoritarian ideologies and people among Europeans precisely because I don’t have to live according to their rules. It’s another form of virtual signaling lol.

Non-authoritarians do often tend to consider authoritarianism from another ethnic group or race to be cool simply because it is novel to them or because it is at war with their native authoritarians.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:01 pm, edited 3 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jan 12, 2021 5:59 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:

Exchange PRC's Psychotic Dictatorship rule with another. Top tier political decision-making.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:02 pm

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:
Bienenhalde wrote:Why would China need Randism when they could actually be moral instead and follow the teachings of the Confucians?

Exchange PRC's Psychotic Dictatorship rule with another. Top tier political decision-making.

Randism (or we can label it Yangism after Yang Zhu) is pretty good for ethnic Chinese.

What is Sinostatism?

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:Why would China need Randism when they could actually be moral instead and follow the teachings of the Confucians?

Who are you referring to, Nekostan or me?

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Exchange PRC's Psychotic Dictatorship rule with another. Top tier political decision-making.

Randism (or we can label it Yangism after Yang Zhu) is pretty good for ethnic Chinese.

If Yang Zhu was so great, why were his original writings lost to history?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:08 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:Exchange PRC's Psychotic Dictatorship rule with another. Top tier political decision-making.

I am referring to the idea that Randism is in any way, shape, or form desirable. Or any more desirable than State Capitalism with PRC'ian characteristics.

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:10 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

If Yang Zhu was so great, why were his original writings lost to history?

Because Confucians took power. Yangists and Mohists were once as strong as them. This was an accident in history just like the victory of the brutal Qin as opposed to the commercial Qi was what caused the disaster known as China to exist.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:12 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:

I am referring to the idea that Randism is in any way, shape, or form desirable. Or any more desirable than State Capitalism with PRC'ian characteristics.

Ethnic Chinese merchants outside China often practice Randism anyway. I’m just formalizing it in a manner similar to Common Law.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:17 pm

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

The warlords? Hello?

After the fall of the Imperial System in China, China essentially was balkanized into many, many smaller states. Did this create prosperity for China like you predicted? No, it just led to rampant warlordism and corruption as everyone wanted to unify China and did everything they could (including bribe crime syndicates or even join them like Sun Yat-Sen did) to actually attain it. The result was that corruption was sky high, particularly in the provinces.

This issue wasn't solved until the RoC was exiled to Taiwan and the PRC essentially obliterated the warlords and fired them from living. After that, corruption shifted to the reasons that it happens today in China (i.e because of the rich and powerful influencing government like they always have in capitalist societies). Criminal syndicates weren't being paid to help unite China anymore, and the warlords were gone, so that Chinese unification type of corruption just collapsed.

The essence of the problem you mentioned is that China was not actually abolished. Instead a lot of warlords laid claim to China.

What is Sinostatism?

Bienenhalde
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bienenhalde » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:24 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:I am referring to the idea that Randism is in any way, shape, or form desirable. Or any more desirable than State Capitalism with PRC'ian characteristics.

Ethnic Chinese merchants outside China often practice Randism anyway. I’m just formalizing it in a manner similar to Common Law.

So you think they should be allowed to exploit workers and rip people off without any consequences?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:25 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

So you think they should be allowed to exploit workers and rip people off without any consequences?

His entire political ideology is based on the idea that capitalists can do no wrong.
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:So you think they should be allowed to exploit workers and rip people off without any consequences?

His entire political ideology is based on the idea that capitalists can do no wrong.

That’s not true. For example Shell hired mercenaries who murder locals in Niger Delta. That’s warlordism, not capitalism even though people who sponsored violence are also capitalists. However peaceful capitalists and intellectuals being in power is better than alternatives.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Bienenhalde wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

In what sense? There are definitely behaviors that should not be allowed. Slavery is one of them. Reneging on contract and not paying workers their agreed upon wage is another one. Making it likely that workers will die or suffer from diseases due to lack of protection is another one.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:31 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:His entire political ideology is based on the idea that capitalists can do no wrong.

That’s not true. For example Shell hired mercenaries who murder locals in Niger Delta. That’s warlordism, not capitalism even though people who sponsored violence are also capitalists. However peaceful capitalists and intellectuals being in power is better than alternatives.

Ok so just when capitalists are actively murdering people, and not robbing the nation and selling the proceeds to the highest bidder.
What's your take on Western capitalists engaging in trade with PRC?
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MT/MagicT

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:32 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Austria-Bohemia-Hungary wrote:His entire political ideology is based on the idea that capitalists can do no wrong.

That's capitalism.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:33 pm

Cordel One wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

That's capitalism.

That isn’t. Instead that’s warlordism. Trade is cool. Murdering people for money on the other hand is as evil as other forms of murder.

What is Sinostatism?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Ok so just when capitalists are actively murdering people, and not robbing the nation and selling the proceeds to the highest bidder.
What's your take on Western capitalists engaging in trade with PRC?

If the word “rob” is appropriate there must be force involved directly or indirectly. So I’m not sure what you are talking about.

Trade with the PRC is a very bad idea. It does benefit the managerial class in US though since they have no stake in long-term health of a business which is a problem that needs to be addressed. Capitalism in Japan and Germany for example do not tend to have that many issues.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General