NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics Impeachment: 2 fast? No, we're 2 furious

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:45 pm

Well apparently..

Rather than focus on any of these pressing issues, Trump is going Tuesday to Alamo, Texas -- not to be confused with The Alamo -- to talk about the border wall as his last stand.

Is going to place called Alamo really the actions of a responsible president in these times?
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:46 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
Please don't remind me of the disappointment that was Barack Obama.

He honestly was good. Not great or anything and def had problems. But he was overall good at runing the nation.

If nothing else it was relaxing not to hear about what the president has just said, or did, on a daily if not hourly basis.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:46 pm

Bombadil wrote:Well apparently..

Rather than focus on any of these pressing issues, Trump is going Tuesday to Alamo, Texas -- not to be confused with The Alamo -- to talk about the border wall as his last stand.

Is going to place called Alamo really the actions of a responsible president in these times?

Trump thinks if he goes there he'll find guns randomly laying around that he can use to make his final stand.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Bombadil wrote:
He honestly was good. Not great or anything and def had problems. But he was overall good at runing the nation.

If nothing else it was relaxing not to hear about what the president has just said, or did, on a daily if not hourly basis.

Now think of how bad Trump was to make you miss Obama or Bush. Think of how chaotic he's been.

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 pm

Trump thinks if he goes there he'll find guns randomly laying around that he can use to make his final stand.

Why not go to Little Bighorn already..

十年

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:47 pm

The Holy Therns wrote:
Thermodolia wrote:I deactivated my account after not accessing it for years

I can't, it's how we plan family events. They haven't been in person lately but if I skip out I get such an earful.

You can actually still use the Facebook messenger app to keep in contact even if you deactivate the account
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:48 pm

Ye

Considering that you just found out you're a zoomer and not a millennial, I can see you're also In your lower 20s which is shocking since I always assumed you were like 30.

23 actually.

Like when his FBI was intimidating occupiers? Or when he turned Libya into a shithole?

Obama wasn't the mess that Trump has been for four years, but he wasnt much better than the previous two presidents.

Atleast he didn't turn Libya into a power vacuum like W Bush did with Iraq.

Also when Swine flu came around he managed to not turn America into a dumpster fire.

Obama care was also a good first step into geting rid of whatever unholy mess the US health care system became.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:49 pm

Bombadil wrote:

Why not go to Little Bighorn already..

Trump found a tuba the size of a trumpet and said "hey everybody I found the little bighorn"

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Bombadil wrote:

Now think of how bad Trump was to make you miss Obama or Bush. Think of how chaotic he's been.

Elections with Barack Obama - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=167MXPjYskA

十年

United Chinese Communes
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby United Chinese Communes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:54 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:ha ha approveal line go down

Also reading the latest report from morning consultant was the way I found out Im a zoomer (97 bab)

What on Earth happened in December 2017?
|★ ☭ ★ United Chinese Communes ★ ☭ ★|
The East is Red!

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:57 pm

United Chinese Communes wrote:
The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:ha ha approveal line go down

Also reading the latest report from morning consultant was the way I found out Im a zoomer (97 bab)

What on Earth happened in December 2017?

Aftermath of Charlottesville I guess..

十年

Postauthoritarian America
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:58 pm

I'm thinking we could just shove him over the border and let him be Mexico's problem.
"The violence of American law enforcement degrades the lives of countless people, especially poor Black people, through its peculiar appetite for their death." | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "Today's Republican Party is America's and the world's largest white supremacist organization." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly |"Republicans...have transformed...to a fascist party engaged in a takeover of the United States of America."

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:59 pm

Fucking Christ. Is this town located between a The Alamo-themed sex toy shop and a crematorium, by any chance?
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm

Please don't remind me of the disappointment that was Barack Obama.

If maintaining the status quo and sending people out to die whilst passing off all criticism on racism is good…
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

United Chinese Communes
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Chinese Communes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:03 pm

Bombadil wrote:
United Chinese Communes wrote:What on Earth happened in December 2017?

That was in August, which did appear to cause a big drop in his approval, but there was also a similar drop in December which appears unrelated.
The East is Red!

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:04 pm

Senkaku wrote:

Fucking Christ. Is this town located between a The Alamo-themed sex toy shop and a crematorium, by any chance?

a columbarium to the left, a graveyard to the right, and a flower shop to the front of both of them

over yonder at the border, enough mexicans will be very noisily celebrating los muerte and munching tacos just to rub it in
Last edited by Diahon on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 pm

I still don’t get why he keeps insisting on an ineffective wall when the obvious solution is to beef up vetting at airports and having armed patrols at the border
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:06 pm

Bombadil wrote:

That was in August, which did appear to cause a big drop in his approval, but there was also a similar drop in December which appears unrelated.

It's really hard to remember what was going on two years ago given this presidency.. it's like reading the Richard Wolf book up to chapter 6 and thinking 'jesus.. how does this get worse' and the next chapter is simply titled - Scaramucci.

十年

United Chinese Communes
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby United Chinese Communes » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:07 pm

Bombadil wrote:
United Chinese Communes wrote:That was in August, which did appear to cause a big drop in his approval, but there was also a similar drop in December which appears unrelated.

It's really hard to remember what was going on two years ago given this presidency.. it's like reading the Richard Wolf book up to chapter 6 and thinking 'jesus.. how does this get worse' and the next chapter is simply titled - Scaramucci.

It's been a long four years, with plenty of twists and turns. It would be entertaining weren't it so exhausting and occasionally terrifying.
The East is Red!

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:10 pm

Bombadil wrote:

It's been a long four years, with plenty of twists and turns. It would be entertaining weren't it so exhausting and occasionally terrifying.

4 years ago on this day I wrote..

Isn't it weird that you wake up each morning and then you're like 'oh yeah Trump is president' then you read the headlines and you're like 'oh golden showers with prostitutes in Russia sure..' and yet it's all normal, like you have another bowl of cornflakes and it's just an ordinary day..

十年

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:12 pm

Bombadil wrote:
United Chinese Communes wrote:It's been a long four years, with plenty of twists and turns. It would be entertaining weren't it so exhausting and occasionally terrifying.

Isn't it weird that you wake up each morning and then you're like 'oh yeah Trump is president' then you read the headlines and you're like 'oh golden showers with prostitutes in Russia sure..' and yet it's all normal, like you have another bowl of cornflakes and it's just an ordinary day..

Honestly is it not weirder that the headlines weren't like that for years before, like yes modern information technology makes collecting the most scandalous scoops a bit easier but it's not like senior government officials didn't do scandalous things all the time in the past
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Proctopeo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Proctopeo » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:15 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

Honestly is it not weirder that the headlines weren't like that for years before, like yes modern information technology makes collecting the most scandalous scoops a bit easier but it's not like senior government officials didn't do scandalous things all the time in the past

A moderate increase in weird shit happening was magnified significantly by everyone talking about the smallest bits of weird shit that happened.
Arachno-anarchism || NO GODS NO MASTERS || Free NSG Odreria

Cordel One
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cordel One » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:34 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:

I still don’t get why he keeps insisting on an ineffective wall when the obvious solution is to beef up vetting at airports and having armed patrols at the border

It might be more effective than a wall but it's still cringe. How about we incerease foreign aid and allow more immigrants and asylum seekers in?

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:41 pm

A sneak preview of Trump's speech at Alamo tomorrow.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YWXFiQWWfk

十年

Xanthal
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 16, 2005
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Xanthal » Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:41 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:I still don’t get why he keeps insisting on an ineffective wall when the obvious solution is to beef up vetting at airports and having armed patrols at the border

As with most things, Trump has more interest in style over substance. He doesn't care what works, he cares what makes a splash. He doesn't care about border security, he cares about the image of border security. A physical wall projects that image far better than any a more effective policy: it's big, it's permanent, anyone can go and see it anytime, and it doesn't require an explanation.
Last edited by Xanthal on Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technology Tier: 9
Arcane Level: 4
Influence Type: 8

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General