NATION

PASSWORD

American Politics Impeachment: 2 fast? No, we're 2 furious

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Diahon
Senator

Founded: Apr 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:07 pm

Nakena wrote:
Diahon wrote:
or 2008

i would love to be basking in the warm afterglow of an obama presidency again, coupled with a republican electoral and reputational collapse, and i'm sure as fuck the gop at this point does too

at the very least, my health would still be golden, and so would those of hundreds of thousands

How would it make your health different?

Like how exactly is the reign of President Trump affecting your health personally negatively?

between mental health issues i enjoyed between 2016 and 2017 and my most recent circulatory collapse after election night 2020, when it seemed trump would win a second term, let's say i've suffered my fair share due to these relentless authoritarians

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:08 pm

Diahon wrote:so how's the trial-by-damnatio-memoriae going over there, americans? must be peculiarly cleansing

Are you comparing people being banned from twitter to people being completely erased from the historical record by order of the state
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:09 pm

Diahon wrote:just think of the hundreds of thousands who wouldn't have been dead of this fucking pandemic due to trump basically giving up

how many of them used to log on to ns to do whatever, living out their lives online and off, before those twin catastrophes fucked one another? how many would've been deranged by trump's lies and so forgot or forbade themselves from protecting their own, infected others, and either died or now live crippled lives?

ah death, so spiritually taxing

A democratic presidency wouldn’t have done better with COVID either.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Omniabstracta
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Omniabstracta » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:11 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Diahon wrote:just think of the hundreds of thousands who wouldn't have been dead of this fucking pandemic due to trump basically giving up

how many of them used to log on to ns to do whatever, living out their lives online and off, before those twin catastrophes fucked one another? how many would've been deranged by trump's lies and so forgot or forbade themselves from protecting their own, infected others, and either died or now live crippled lives?

It, at the very least, wouldn’t have been actively harmful to the response.
"It was golden, purple, violet, gray and blue. It lighted every peak, crevasse and ridge of the nearby mountain range with a clarity and beauty that cannot be described but must be seen to be imagined. It was that beauty that the great poets dream about but describe most poorly and inadequately..."

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:11 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Diahon wrote:so how's the trial-by-damnatio-memoriae going over there, americans? must be peculiarly cleansing

Are you comparing people being banned from twitter to people being completely erased from the historical record by order of the state

i'm comparing donald john trump banned from most forms of social media and deprived further slush funding and other forms of monetary assistance and bragging rights by order of multinational corporations and other forms of american associations to that, yes

it's not a hundred percent perfect fit, but it's a fit
Last edited by Diahon on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Corrian
Khan of Spam

Founded: Mar 19, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Corrian » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:14 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Yes they would have.
My Last.FM and RYM

Look on the bright side, one day you'll be dead~Street Sects

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:15 pm

Omniabstracta wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

It, at the very least, wouldn’t have been actively harmful to the response.

True.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:16 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

i positively doubt that would've been the case

at the very least, the mentality that led to community spread of this pandemic within the us would be absent without trump actively egging on his fanatics

so also would the federal response to this pandemic have mirrored the usual response to pandemics of this sort, had hillary or pretty much almost every other 2016 presidential candidate not named trump been president, especially as there was a comprehensive plan and structure put in place before trump took office that he, kushner, and all the rest of them... just gutted down, the motherfuckers, in favor of vastly unequal state-by-state responses
Last edited by Diahon on Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:17 pm

Corrian wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Yes they would have.

A mundane Clinton presidency without Trump-era politicking would have worked better. An America with neither the social left nor the social right staying at home on the other hand..

What is Sinostatism?

Kexholm Karelia
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 22, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kexholm Karelia » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:22 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yes they would have.

A mundane Clinton presidency without Trump-era politicking would have worked better. An America with neither the social left nor the social right staying at home on the other hand..

Not at all, Clinton was yet another establishment straight-talker who would’ve started more wars
Right wing conservative
Media is the enemy of the people
CCP delenda est
orange man bad. diversity is our strength. real communism hasn’t been tried yet. the hong kong protestors are paid by the cia. antifa protestors are good, hong kong protestors are american bootlickers. China is a better alternative to America. uyghur genocide isn’t real, and it is western propaganda. Trump should not have killed Soleimani. gender is a social construct invented by white supremacists.

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:26 pm

Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

Not at all, Clinton was yet another establishment straight-talker who would’ve started more wars

as against a united states whose internal shared reality, never mind multitudinous other issues dependent on that, is in question, whom its allies fear or revile and will anyway hesitate to engage in healthy diplomatic relations thenceforth, whose world presence is that of rogue states like north korea, thanks to years of hostility against immigrants and finally its response to the pandemic...

... that's the united states you still want, at this point in time?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:27 pm

Kexholm Karelia wrote:
Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:

I’m talking about the domestic situation.

What is Sinostatism?

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:31 pm

Bahia Roja wrote:
Bombadil wrote:
He spent over 260 days golfing, that's about 2/3 of a year just golfing. Obama did less than 100.

Frankly it would've been better if he spent his entire term golfing.

He's terrible at golf, apparently. But, he could have done a lot less harm if we kept him distracted for 4 years.

Samuel Jackson was once asked who was the better golfer? He said he was. He didn’t need to cheat.
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011

Postby Bombadil » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:32 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Corrian wrote:Yes they would have.

I have always been fine with Clinton losing, initially it was simply out of avoiding the tedium of constant attacks and misogyny, but now it's because the results of Trumpism have been fully laid bare, which wouldn't have been the case if he was a loser on Twitter.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:32 pm

Nekostan-e Gharbi wrote:
Kexholm Karelia wrote:Not at all, Clinton was yet another establishment straight-talker who would’ve started more wars

I’m talking about the domestic situation.

ironically enough, the fuckedup domestic situation has fed into the international situation these past few years

at the very least, a future admin serious with scaling back american military presence will have to reckon with a rising and confident china, its antidemocratic propaganda bolstered by years of trump

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:35 pm

Candidate Trump > President Trump

Even though 2000s Trump beats them both
Not an adherent of Italian Fascism anymore, leaning more and more towards Falangist Syndicalism
Corporatism and Corporatocracy are completely different things
9axes
Pro: Falange, Command Economy, Class-Cooperation, Cultural Nationalism, Authoritarianism, Third Positionism, Border Security
Anti: Communism, Laissez-Faire Capitalism, Trump, Globalism, Racism, Democracy, Immigration

Diahon
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Diahon » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:37 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Candidate Trump > President Trump

any conscientious adherent to democracy is far better than any version of trump you care to dredge up, simply because they care in ways that dipshit does fucking not

Rusozak
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 14, 2015

Postby Rusozak » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm

Repubblica Fascista Sociale Italiana wrote:Candidate Trump > President Trump

I prefer relatively irrelevant and forgettable 1990s movie cameo Trump.
NOTE: This nation's government style, policies, and opinions in roleplay or forum 7 does not represent my true beliefs. It is purely for the enjoyment of the game.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:38 pm

ha ha approveal line go down

Also reading the latest report from morning consultant was the way I found out Im a zoomer (97 bab)

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 pm

Diahon wrote:
Borderlands of Rojava wrote:
America wasn't doing so great back then but holy shit do I wanna go back to 2010.

or 2008

i would love to be basking in the warm afterglow of an obama presidency again, coupled with a republican electoral and reputational collapse, and i'm sure as fuck the gop at this point does too

at the very least, my health would still be golden, and so would those of hundreds of thousands

Please don't remind me of the disappointment that was Barack Obama.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:40 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:ha ha approveal line go down

Also reading the latest report from morning consultant was the way I found out Im a zoomer (97 bab)

You're my age?

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:41 pm

Diahon wrote:
or 2008

He honestly was good. Not great or anything and def had problems. But he was overall good at runing the nation.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:ha ha approveal line go down

You're my age?

Ye

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:42 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:
You're my age?

Ye

Considering that you just found out you're a zoomer and not a millennial, I can see you're also In your lower 20s which is shocking since I always assumed you were like 30.

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 pm

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp wrote:

He honestly was good. Not great or anything and def had problems. But he was overall good at runing the nation.

Like when his FBI was intimidating occupiers? Or when he turned Libya into a shithole?

Obama wasn't the mess that Trump has been for four years, but he wasnt much better than the previous two presidents.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General