NATION

PASSWORD

Shadow of the Reich [AH|OOC|CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Jan 07, 2021 2:52 pm

Bolslania wrote:I'm assuming German weapons development has gone as normal?

Pretty much, yes. I am planning to add a basic catalog of German military technology to the lore document at some point soon, stay tuned, but if you have specific questions you're welcome to ask.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Completed Application

Postby Benuty » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:19 pm

Benuty wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Benuty.

Roleplay Sample: A link directly to a post that showcases formatting, proper spelling and grammar, and decent skill at character writing. Links to topics at large will not be considered.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=437487&p=33597239#p33597239
My first post in an old roleplay before pandemics became not kosher to roleplay about.

Have you read the OP in its entirety? Yes, I have.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Walt Disney.

Sex: Male.

Sexual Orientation: Straight, to be otherwise in this world is madness.

Ethnicity: European-American, according to Pacific States census information. In the Reich, he enjoys the status of Aryan citizenship.

Appearance: Written description mandatory; inclusion of a photo is encouraged.

Residence: Classified to approved eyes only within the Pacific States, and the American Reich.

Memorandum from the State Department

With the danger in New York steadily rising we have been given permission by the American Reich out of safety concerns to extend the embassy with the construction of a residential row. Obviously, we couldn't publicly announce the move with the real reason for it unless we want the insurgents to gain morale. The city is stable for now, but we expect upon the Fuhrer's death for tensions in the Fatherland to rise sharply. We cannot rule out having to evacuate key personnel if the American Reich cannot get underground insurgent activity on their soul under control.

Occupation: Ambassador of the Pacific States to the American Reich. Mr. Disney also retains significant investment in the emerging entertainment industry within the Pacific States often considered far laxer, and provocative than the American Reich's standards would allow, but to Walt, cartoons are the lifeblood of the American people even if they are divided. In the late 50s due in part to the damage from the war in California finally being recovered Mr. Disney opened up a gargantuan theme park known as AmericaLand. Often the source of tourism by the citizens, and subjects of the wider Japanese empire along with the occasional members of the Reich due to its stunningly accurate portrayal of pre-war culture, albeit romanticized. Lately, he has been pestering the Reich about a project called "the monorail", and property acquisition for a plan to build a city like no other.

Family:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_fa ... ney_family

Religion: As required by the census within the Pacific States the ambassador's official religious beliefs are in line with congregational Christianity. Often found within the Pacific States, and the Neutral Zone due in part to the churches laity based focused. Of course, this contradicts the official religious policy of the American Reich, but being an ambassador does have privileges. However, in keeping with religious harmony, the ambassador has been requested to keep such beliefs present within the embassy. In order to accommodate him, and the staff the work to maintain the embassy a private chapel has been constructed on the grounds.

PSYCHOLOGICAL INFORMATION
Greatest fear? The collapse of the current order not because it's undeserving of it, but because millions will die in the resulting chaos. The stories of those who managed to flee to the Pacific State seem to imply that the dark heart of rumors from Europe has their tendrils in America as well.

Most intimate ambition? If not a united America at least one that is free. Some estimate that even if the American Reich somehow united the former U.S it would collapse in a decades time, and quite violently at that. The Pacific States isn't in any better straits, but the preference of Japanese soft power has allowed many people to not only survive but thrive.

Loyalty? Officially to the Pacific States since he represents their interests to the counterpart next door. Hopes for a period of stability, and autonomy for the pacific states to ensure their development as a proper member of the co-prosperity sphere.

Three defining traits: Shy, and self-deprecating in the private sphere, but acts grandiose, and large at life with the public. Often humble, and in private genuinely disturbed by how to change the former United States is within the territory held by the American Reich.

Personality: Any other quirks yet to be mentioned. Quick, efficient, and a man who shoots to the stars in both businesses, and ideas. Walt Disney in pre-war times planned his city of the future to wow the world but now wants to do it simply to spite the hopeless social Darwinism infesting the former United States. To Walt, a better country is one where artists are free to pursue their passions, people are free to live in peace, and the scientist free to pursue technological innovation without conforming to ideas which are clearly pseudoscience. Using his position as an ambassador can be beneficial especially if someone needs a hastened passport to escape the Reich's oppressive eugenics policies. Walt is loyal not so much to the Pacific States out of loyalty to the emperor, but loyal to what it can become, an even better version of the United States...people need to realize the American Reich isn't an ideal future unless you like marching off entire neighborhoods because of their skin color.

BIOGRAPHY
Insert biography.
For much of his life, Disney spent building up an empire on the pacific coast or west coast of the United States as it used to be known. He helped comfort people as the depression crippled the morale of the country and even went on to build an animation studio. When the United States was at war with the Reich, and Japan he was involved in a propaganda warfare campaign via his cartoons, but ultimately it proved futile. As the Japanese entered Los Angeles he fully expected the city to be butchered given the Japanese reputation at Nanking and other cities. Despite the end of the war however the resistance in the early years was horrendous, and in southern California, the Imperial Army was finally able to pacify major holdouts by the mid-1950s. With the end of the rebellion at least on the large scale, the administration turns from wartime priorities to different matters.

The Golden Proclamation issued out of imperial command stationed in San Francisco called for the creation of an interim government within the Japanese zone of control. Within a short span of time, the Pacific States were formed with the capital being stationed in San Francisco. The military command subdivided itself to respond to appropriate threats as the civilian leadership began to take hold. Disney decided on a plan one that would help transition this new "country" into a proper one even if it had to bear with pressure from Tokyo. Any ideas of reunification under the current scheme are laughable. The freedom fighters are foolishly fighting for a dead country.

The Germans and the American collaborators on their side are fighting for a social Darwinist hell hole that will tear itself apart once Hitler dies, and his men start infighting. The Neutral Zone needs to be placed under a proper, and independent administration to civilize it from its lawlessness. The Pacific States with the economy of former California and other parts of the U.S can indeed be a powerful player if the cards are right. Disney has a plan...something different one to modernize America with the power of a visionary. He dreams of a city of the future, a federation of equals, and much more...if he bides his time.
Last edited by Benuty on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:25 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Bolslania wrote:I'm assuming German weapons development has gone as normal?

Pretty much, yes. I am planning to add a basic catalog of German military technology to the lore document at some point soon, stay tuned, but if you have specific questions you're welcome to ask.

I've got a small one, I'm assuming that most military units of the Reich are using the HK G3, but in terms of sub-machine guns is the Heer and SS still using the MP40 or MP41?

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:29 pm

Bolslania wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Pretty much, yes. I am planning to add a basic catalog of German military technology to the lore document at some point soon, stay tuned, but if you have specific questions you're welcome to ask.

I've got a small one, I'm assuming that most military units of the Reich are using the HK G3, but in terms of sub-machine guns is the Heer and SS still using the MP40 or MP41?
G3 would be known as StG 45(M), and I believe the MP5 would have phased out the MP40 and 41 by now.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:36 pm

Bolslania wrote:
G3 would be known as StG 45(M), and I believe the MP5 would have phased out the MP40 and 41 by now.

Aighty thank ye
Last edited by Bolslania on Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:43 pm

Benuty wrote:
Benuty wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Benuty.

Roleplay Sample: A link directly to a post that showcases formatting, proper spelling and grammar, and decent skill at character writing. Links to topics at large will not be considered.

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=437487&p=33597239#p33597239
My first post in an old roleplay before pandemics became not kosher to roleplay about.

Have you read the OP in its entirety? Yes, I have.

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Walt Disney.

Sex: Male.

Sexual Orientation: Straight, to be otherwise in this world is madness.

Ethnicity: European-American, according to Pacific States census information. In the Reich, he enjoys the status of Aryan citizenship.

Appearance: Written description mandatory; inclusion of a photo is encouraged.

Residence: Classified to approved eyes only within the Pacific States, and the American Reich.

Memorandum from the State Department

Occupation: Ambassador of the Pacific States to the American Reich. Mr. Disney also retains significant investment in the emerging entertainment industry within the Pacific States often considered far laxer, and provocative than the American Reich's standards would allow, but to Walt, cartoons are the lifeblood of the American people even if they are divided. In the late 50s due in part to the damage from the war in California finally being recovered Mr. Disney opened up a gargantuan theme park known as AmericaLand. Often the source of tourism by the citizens, and subjects of the wider Japanese empire along with the occasional members of the Reich due to its stunningly accurate portrayal of pre-war culture, albeit romanticized. Lately, he has been pestering the Reich about a project called "the monorail", and property acquisition for a plan to build a city like no other.

Family:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_fa ... ney_family

Religion: As required by the census within the Pacific States the ambassador's official religious beliefs are in line with congregational Christianity. Often found within the Pacific States, and the Neutral Zone due in part to the churches laity based focused. Of course, this contradicts the official religious policy of the American Reich, but being an ambassador does have privileges. However, in keeping with religious harmony, the ambassador has been requested to keep such beliefs present within the embassy. In order to accommodate him, and the staff the work to maintain the embassy a private chapel has been constructed on the grounds.

Greatest fear? The collapse of the current order not because it's undeserving of it, but because millions will die in the resulting chaos. The stories of those who managed to flee to the Pacific State seem to imply that the dark heart of rumors from Europe has their tendrils in America as well.

Most intimate ambition? If not a united America at least one that is free. Some estimate that even if the American Reich somehow united the former U.S it would collapse in a decades time, and quite violently at that. The Pacific States isn't in any better straits, but the preference of Japanese soft power has allowed many people to not only survive but thrive.

Loyalty? Officially to the Pacific States since he represents their interests to the counterpart next door. Hopes for a period of stability, and autonomy for the pacific states to ensure their development as a proper member of the co-prosperity sphere.

Three defining traits: Shy, and self-deprecating in the private sphere, but acts grandiose, and large at life with the public. Often humble, and in private genuinely disturbed by how to change the former United States is within the territory held by the American Reich.

Personality: Any other quirks yet to be mentioned. Quick, efficient, and a man who shoots to the stars in both businesses, and ideas. Walt Disney in pre-war times planned his city of the future to wow the world but now wants to do it simply to spite the hopeless social Darwinism infesting the former United States. To Walt, a better country is one where artists are free to pursue their passions, people are free to live in peace, and the scientist free to pursue technological innovation without conforming to ideas which are clearly pseudoscience. Using his position as an ambassador can be beneficial especially if someone needs a hastened passport to escape the Reich's oppressive eugenics policies. Walt is loyal not so much to the Pacific States out of loyalty to the emperor, but loyal to what it can become, an even better version of the United States...people need to realize the American Reich isn't an ideal future unless you like marching off entire neighborhoods because of their skin color.

BIOGRAPHY
Insert biography.
For much of his life, Disney spent building up an empire on the pacific coast or west coast of the United States as it used to be known. He helped comfort people as the depression crippled the morale of the country and even went on to build an animation studio. When the United States was at war with the Reich, and Japan he was involved in a propaganda warfare campaign via his cartoons, but ultimately it proved futile. As the Japanese entered Los Angeles he fully expected the city to be butchered given the Japanese reputation at Nanking and other cities. Despite the end of the war however the resistance in the early years was horrendous, and in southern California, the Imperial Army was finally able to pacify major holdouts by the mid-1950s. With the end of the rebellion at least on the large scale, the administration turns from wartime priorities to different matters.

The Golden Proclamation issued out of imperial command stationed in San Francisco called for the creation of an interim government within the Japanese zone of control. Within a short span of time, the Pacific States were formed with the capital being stationed in San Francisco. The military command subdivided itself to respond to appropriate threats as the civilian leadership began to take hold. Disney decided on a plan one that would help transition this new "country" into a proper one even if it had to bear with pressure from Tokyo. Any ideas of reunification under the current scheme are laughable. The freedom fighters are foolishly fighting for a dead country.

The Germans and the American collaborators on their side are fighting for a social Darwinist hell hole that will tear itself apart once Hitler dies, and his men start infighting. The Neutral Zone needs to be placed under a proper, and independent administration to civilize it from its lawlessness. The Pacific States with the economy of former California and other parts of the U.S can indeed be a powerful player if the cards are right. Disney has a plan...something different one to modernize America with the power of a visionary. He dreams of a city of the future, a federation of equals, and much more...if he bides his time.
Good application! However can you clear up two details for me before I accept?

First, how did Disney get the ambassadorship? I'm assuming it would be through nepotism, bribery, or some combination thereof, but considering Disney's pre-war activities, it's likely he would need to work rather hard to earn the trust of the Japanese authorities. Provide a little more detail on how and to what extent he collaborated with the Pacific States.

Second, can you provide a bit more information on the Disney Corporation itself? I'm assuming it's based out of California; is it also active in the Reich? Considering Walt's duties as ambassador, it's rather unlikely he would be able to have a heavy hand in the company's affairs, at least on the day-to-day. Has he taken a step back to just focus on major decisions and plans? On that note, why exactly would he want the role of ambassador to the American Reich?

The Wanderer

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Thu Jan 07, 2021 7:43 pm

Benuty wrote:
Good application! However can you clear up two details for me before I accept?

First, how did Disney get the ambassadorship? I'm assuming it would be through nepotism, bribery, or some combination thereof, but considering Disney's pre-war activities, it's likely he would need to work rather hard to earn the trust of the Japanese authorities. Provide a little more detail on how and to what extent he collaborated with the Pacific States.

Second, can you provide a bit more information on the Disney Corporation itself? I'm assuming it's based out of California; is it also active in the Reich? Considering Walt's duties as ambassador, it's rather unlikely he would be able to have a heavy hand in the company's affairs, at least on the day-to-day. Has he taken a step back to just focus on major decisions and plans? On that note, why exactly would he want the role of ambassador to the American Reich?

Question 1

Collaboration with the Japanese

To answer the first question Disney during the war collaborated heavily with the U.S government as its propaganda arm during the war. To him, the Germans are antithetical to his existence so despite the wealth he had morally he couldn't bring himself to go into the hands of the Reich or its newfound puppet. From his perspective, while the Japanese are in many cases just as racialist as the Reich they are more interested in control, and pacification than the ever continuous war that plagues the Germans under the Nazis. That isn't to dismiss the brutality Japan often inflicted on occupied areas in real life, but with the Japanese, they could be worked with.

Walt Disney heavily invested in the surviving artists, producers, and filmmakers who were lucky enough to stay in the west as well as funnel the newly labeled "degenerates" out of the east into safer hands in the west. The resistance campaign in the west was brutal and didn't end until 1954-1955 (that isn't to say resistance isn't still there), but the Japanese realizing they needed a velvet glove to handle the situation they gave the entertainment industry a pathway to use a "carrot" approach. Walt Disney is in many aspects the unofficial puppet master of the films being produced out west who unlike Joseph Goebbels wanted calm, and unity. To put it quite simply he allowed himself to become useful to the Japanese because waging an endless war of insurrection with no long-term goals of pacification, and the future of the area in mind is a bad idea. The destruction of a major rebel network in former California causes the imperial government to issue the "Golden Proclamation".

The Golden Proclamation which came into effect is by, and large an effect to scale back the militarization of the west coast, but also to provide the creation of a nation-state within the area the Japanese occupied.

Collaboration with the Pacific States

The Pacific States was formed in 1955 with the prioritization of the imperial Japanese army, and navy to conflicts elsewhere. Direct counterinsurgency and the sheer devastation of the Pacific region had economically ruined the image of the occupation government and created an endless money hole for Tokyo to have to deal with. The first national legislature of the Pacific States convened in San Francisco and appointed a Governor-General to answer to Tokyo. Meanwhile, a governing council of advisories was created to aid the governor-general which allowed businessmen to gain the ear of the governor-general but also allowed the governor-general to keep an eye on people who could one day become enemies one of which was Walt Disney.

The Political Factions of the Pacific States
The political factions that influence both the national legislative and the governing council are as follows.

Japanese Aligned: Those who have a business, economic, social, and political links to Japan either because they like the benefits or it or are citizens with Japanese ancestry.

Reformist Aligned: Citizens of all strides in the former U.S West Coast who want a return to a democratic structure. They are aware of course that any talk of a United America should be off the table, and instead want to be able to negotiate with Japan for greater autonomy, and democratization. Many Businessmen such as Walt Disney who want either full independence or a status near too it join the reformist factions.

Nationalists: Those who view the Pacific States from an American nationalist lens. Some want a reunified America that is neutral with regards to both Japan, and the Reich. Others simply want an America to come about once a political reset occurs, some link this to Hitler's impending demise.

Separatists: Those who want to avoid at all costs the reintegration of the Pacific States into a future government of the former united states. They focus on creating a new culture, style of governance, and being separate from the American Reich.

Walt Disney and the Pacific States

Walt Disney is or rather was a part of the governing council until 1960 before his appointment as ambassador. Yet within that time, he was able to expand through informal negotiations with the Imperial Rule Association in Tokyo what exactly the Pacific States could do involving the establishment of a defense force, an independent currency, and trade agreements. At Home Walt Disney would go on to establish AmericaLand a somber expy of Disneyland focusing on a lost America, and what it could be if given time. Walt Disney's biggest contribution is the Monorail network that stretches across the coastal cities of the pacific states. Yet his desire to one day achieve the office of governor-general may have bitten him.

Question 2

The Disney Corporation

The Disney Corporation is based out of Los Angeles, but operates within the Reich through various nodes primarily sites for expansion of the monorail. In response to the lawlessness of the neutral zone a dream project of Disney's has been to build a city of the future. With the depopulation effects by the Reich on its satellite state Florida has become an ideal spot for the creation of this city of the Future.

The Role of Disney in the Company

Due in part to the informal exile Disney's brother has taken a preemenint spot with Walt Disney Industries out in former California, but to say the company is without Walt's presence is foolishness. The man has loyalists, and ears close to the governor-general...one report states that the Governor-General is dying from lung cancer...change is coming to the west some call them a gang of four.
His ideas

Disney's biggest idea is the creation of a network of transportation which unifies the three different americas. Yet he also has a side project of serving as the obvious subversive since its no secret that Disney disagrees with the Reich rather openly. Unlike the people involved in the black-market who hide in the shadows or rub elbows with the political, and military elite in order to get them the products they so desire like the closet degenerates they are. Disney has something else in mind, the creation of an information network that can on the surface provide a boost to the society at large, but he hopes to be able to use its tendrils to spread subversive democratic ideas back into the minds of fanatical ideologues out east.

The Ambassadorship

Originally a punishment for attempting to reform the Pacific States through corporate influence the governor-general couldn't openly get rid of him without causing some major disruptions. Walt Disney ordered the construction of the monorail system which has connected San Diego to Vancouver, and he could just as easily have it destroyed. So in exchange for allowing Walt Disney an out into "informal exile" via the ambassadorship the Pacific States remains more stable than the neutral zone. Using his position he has been able to get medicines to families with children who have conditions that normally would warrant a trip to the euthanasia clinics. Of course courtesy of him slaves who might otherwise have been condemned to work themselves to death have found a new lease on life out west.

The Reich will fall, but it will take time....Freedom will happen, but unlike the resistance Walt thinks long term...for example what if the degenerate habits of the Reich landed in the mailbox's of every decent American?
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

New New Sriker
Attaché

Founded: Oct 02, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New New Sriker » Thu Jan 07, 2021 8:31 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Sriker
Roleplay Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=37504957#p37504957
Have you read the OP in its entirety? Yes

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
My friends and family know me as Henry Washington Jr, but the Gestapo calls me the “Duelist” and I feel quite honored by that nickname.

I was born in 1935, so i’m about 26 but with how things are, i’ve all but forgotten about keeping track of time.

Sex:
I’m male, that’s about all I can say about this topic.

Sexual Orientation:
I haven’t been able to focus on love in awhile but I would say I’m straight.

Ethnicity:
Mixed, but for greater detail, I’m white on my father’s side and black on my mother’s.

Appearance: Henry is around 6’2 with black hair in a buzz cut hairstyle and he has brown eyes. His build can be described as Muscular and he is normally seen wearing old US military fatigues, Henry is also on the lighter side meaning he is normally seen as just another white man by most individuals.
Residence:
I move in between Resistance hideouts while planning missions and sometimes after the heat dies down I move around motels under fake names.

I am a member of the New York Resistance, but Currently I am waiting to be assigned to a new team.

Family: Father-Henry Washington, Age 57, currently in the Neutral Zone assisting the Resistance.
Mother-Laura Washington, Currently in the Neutral Zone living with her Husband.
Older Brother- Connor Washington, age 30, currently involved in the Midwestern Resistance movement, exact location unknown.
Religion:
I would say there is a God, but I really can’t tell you who or what they are.

Greatest fear?
The future, I fear it since no one can tell what’s coming next, not even CONTROL.

Most intimate ambition?
I want to have a family, I want three kids, maybe a dog but that can all wait because right now I gotta focus on the fight because if I don’t fight I can’t achieve my dream..

Loyalty?
I work for the New York Resistance, I have close ties with both the local Communist and Black cells but the other cells love my work as well.

Three defining traits:
I don’t mean to brag but I can say that I’m a great shot and I’ve been told I’m quite a funny fella by many of my comrades. The thing I’m most proud of though is my optimism, even in the darkest of days, I still see the light at the end.

Personality: Henry is a kind, optimistic, and skilled man, while to his comrades he seems like an intelligent gentle giant but to the Reich he is a cunning and tactical killing machine known for organizing effective raids, assassinations, and acts of sabotage and for being able to operate on the ground himself while commanding. The fact that he has killed many men of the Reich helped Henry gain the moniker of the “Duelist” for his abilities in the field.

BIOGRAPHY
Henry was born on July 7th, 1935 in Boston, Massachusetts. His father was enlisted in the state National Guard and his mother worked as a nurse in a local hospital. Henry’s early childhood was almost as average as the usual American child except from the times his family was discriminated against but the family was tough and handled the hate, but this all changed in 1945 with the Invasion of the United States by the Reich.

When the Reich invaded, Henry’s father and the National Guard were told to fight with all of their might, but before he went off to the front, Henry’s father sent his family to Ohio to wait the war over, but despite his father’s wishes, the war wasn’t one America could win. For two years Henry senior fought the Hun while his family waited in Ohio but disaster struck. At the last stand in Cincinnati, the family reunited and Henry’s father decided to pull back to the Rockies with his family but on their way to escape, the family was separated and when they reached the evacuation trucks, Henry’s brother Connor was nowhere to be seen. Despite the tragedy of losing his brother, the family made it to the Neutral Zone and began a new life, Henry’s father assisted the Resistance’s operations in the Neutral Zone as his own way of seeking redemption for his son, while Henry’s mother stayed at home praying almost daily for the return of her son, but Henry griefed in his own way. At the age of 12, Henry began to train with the remaining Rebel American Army, despite many seeing training a child as immoral Henry senior’s influence in the RAA allowed for his son to train with little outcry.

In 1952, Henry received a letter from his brother, who despite his entire family thinking he was dead was actually fighting with the ALF in Michigan and after all the years he was fighting in the Great Lakes only just at that point discovered that the rest of his family lived. Henry brought the news to his parents and the family was finally free from the sadness and guilt they felt for Connor’s supposed death, but after receiving the letter Henry began to try and convince his parents to allow him to join in the fight against the Reich, but even after days of arguing his Parents wouldn’t budge but this didn’t matter much to Henry.

A few weeks after his argument with his parents, Henry, despite his parents objections, joined a group of Resistance guerillas moving across the border into Texas. Upon the group’s arrival in Texas there first mission was establishing contact with the Dallas Resistance and from there they were to missions to complete, but on their way to Dallas the group encountered a small border patrol outpost and decided that it would be their first target in the state. After scouting for awhile the group moved in, slowly and stealthily killing the outpost’s small garrison, as they group entered the building they found a small barracks and decided that killing the sleeping men is the easiest thing to do, Henry walked up to one of the sleeping men and stabbed him in the heart while covering his face with a pillow, this is where Henry killed his first man. After that the group arrived in Dallas and began to establish themselves with the local Resistance, Henry had been given a role as one of the cell’s hitmen who would be sent to assassinate officials in the Reich and any other collaborators. Henry’s first killing to catch the public’s eye was the assassination of Generalmajor Bull Connor in 1954, the Generalmajor had been leading a series of hard hitting crackdowns on Southern Resistances and a opportunity finally arised for the Resistance to take him out of the playing field, the chance was at the opening of a museum in Austin dedicated to the history of the Aryan, and while security was high it was the best chance the Resistance had to kill the bastard. On the day of the opening Henry and two other operatives were sent into the opening wearing cloaks of the Klu Klux Klan as disguises, the only weapons they had managed to get in were some knifes and a single piano wire, the men tried to find a opportune time to kill the Generalmajor with and maintain their covers. Halfway through the event, Connor walked onto stage and gave a short speech about the superiority of the Aryan over the “Undesirables” and false claims that all Southern Resistance was crush, after this the General went to a restroom and Henry saw his chance, as he entered the restroom he walked past the guard near the door and entered inside he found the Generalmajor who was finishing up, Henry started a conversation praising Connor’s speech, the Generalmajor thanked Henry then went to wash his hands but as he did, Henry came from behind and choked him with the wire and after a minute, the Generalmajor was dead on the ground. Henry left the restroom and shortly after the General’s guard entered the room and yelled out for security.

Henry and his fellow assassins all managed to escape the scene that day, Henry would move around in the South for a few more years until 1957, when he was sent up to Virginia by the ALF to assist the state’s Resistance and he would do his work proudly assisting in anything from armory raids to assassinations, in Virginia Henry would gain his moniker. Henry was sent to scout out a possible location for an arms deal, Henry was stopped by a group of four off duty SS men and after talking the men, they attempted to try and arrest Henry which resulted in him quickly shooting three of the men and injuring the third, Henry spared the man and canceled the deal but on that day Henry gained his new name, the Duelist. Virginia wasn't all great for the resistance and Henry would taste many defeats, ranging from an arms trade being busted all the to the location of a cell being found, but the way the Reich found out was a secret to the Resistance. When this happened Henry was tasked with finding the possible rat and get rid of them, during his investigation of possible spies Henry even had to investigate many people he saw as comrades and friends, and to his worst fear one of the friends he made turned out to be the rat. Henry still put an end to his friend, but since that day Henry began to fear getting to close to people, and while still being kind he started to treat his fellow Resistance members like co-workers unlike how he treated them before he killed the Rat. After three years in Virginia, Henry was moved to Ohio, where once he arrived he managed to meet his brother for the first time in years but the visit was a short lived one for Henry had to move on to his new assignment. Henry was assigned to the Big Apple, the Nest of the American Reich, and home of many of the filthy collaborators. When Henry arrived in New York he was quite shocked at the effectiveness and organization of the Resistance, because despite being right in the heart of the Reich, they continued to fight on. While it has been a year since he arrived in New York, Henry has managed to make a name for himself with the local fighters, but what has grabbed Henry’s interest is the mysterious leader of the Resistance, whoever it is Henry has gained an almost concerning obsession with one day meeting the man at the lead.
Last edited by New New Sriker on Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:13 pm

Benuty wrote:-snip-
Thanks for the in-depth response! Feel free to add this info to the lore document under the Pacific States section.

Walt Disney is accepted.
New New Sriker wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Sriker
Roleplay Sample:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=37504957#p37504957

GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
My friends and family know me as Henry Washington Jr, but the Gestapo calls me the “Duelist” and I feel quite honored by that nickname.

I was born in 1935, so i’m about 26 but with how things are, i’ve all but forgotten about keeping track of time.

Sex:
I’m male, that’s about all I can say about this topic.

Sexual Orientation:
I haven’t been able to focus on love in awhile but I would say I’m straight.

Ethnicity:
Mixed, but for greater detail, I’m white on my father’s side and black on my mother’s.

Appearance: Henry is around 6’2 with black hair in a buzz cut hairstyle and he has brown eyes. His build can be described as Muscular and he is normally seen wearing old US military fatigues, Henry is also on the lighter side meaning he is normally seen as just another white man by most individuals.
Residence:
I move in between Resistance hideouts while planning missions and sometimes after the heat dies down I move around motels under fake names.

I am a member of the New York Resistance, but Currently I am waiting to be assigned to a new team.

Family: Father-Henry Washington, Age 57, currently in the Neutral Zone assisting the Resistance.
Mother-Laura Washington, Currently in the Neutral Zone living with her Husband.
Older Brother- Connor Washington, age 30, currently involved in the Midwestern Resistance movement, exact location unknown.
Religion:
I would say there is a God, but I really can’t tell you who or what they are.

Greatest fear?
The future, I fear it since no one can tell what’s coming next, not even CONTROL.

Most intimate ambition?
I want to have a family, I want three kids, maybe a dog but that can all wait because right now I gotta focus on the fight because if I don’t fight I can’t achieve my dream..

Loyalty?
I work for the New York Resistance, I have close ties with both the local Communist and Black cells but the other cells love my work as well.

Three defining traits:
I don’t mean to brag but I can say that I’m a great shot and I’ve been told I’m quite a funny fella by many of my comrades. The thing I’m most proud of though is my optimism, even in the darkest of days, I still see the light at the end.

Personality: Henry is a kind, optimistic, and skilled man, while to his comrades he seems like an intelligent gentle giant but to the Reich he is a cunning and tactical killing machine known for organizing effective raids, assassinations, and acts of sabotage and for being able to operate on the ground himself while commanding. The fact that he has killed many men of the Reich helped Henry gain the moniker of the “Duelist” for his abilities in the field.

BIOGRAPHY
Henry was born on July 7th, 1935 in Boston, Massachusetts. His father was enlisted in the state National Guard and his mother worked as a nurse in a local hospital. Henry’s early childhood was almost as average as the usual American child except from the times his family was discriminated against but the family was tough and handled the hate, but this all changed in 1945 with the Invasion of the United States by the Reich.

When the Reich invaded, Henry’s father and the National Guard were told to fight with all of their might, but before he went off to the front, Henry’s father sent his family to Ohio to wait the war over, but despite his father’s wishes, the war wasn’t one America could win. For two years Henry senior fought the Hun while his family waited in Ohio but disaster struck. At the last stand in Cincinnati, the family reunited and Henry’s father decided to pull back to the Rockies with his family but on their way to escape, the family was separated and when they reached the evacuation trucks, Henry’s brother Connor was nowhere to be seen. Despite the tragedy of losing his brother, the family made it to the Neutral Zone and began a new life, Henry’s father assisted the Resistance’s operations in the Neutral Zone as his own way of seeking redemption for his son, while Henry’s mother stayed at home praying almost daily for the return of her son, but Henry griefed in his own way. At the age of 12, Henry began to train with the remaining Rebel American Army, despite many seeing training a child as immoral Henry senior’s influence in the RAA allowed for his son to train with little outcry.

In 1952, Henry received a letter from his brother, who despite his entire family thinking he was dead was actually fighting with the ALF in Michigan and after all the years he was fighting in the Great Lakes only just at that point discovered that the rest of his family lived. Henry brought the news to his parents and the family was finally free from the sadness and guilt they felt for Connor’s supposed death, but after receiving the letter Henry began to try and convince his parents to allow him to join in the fight against the Reich, but even after days of arguing his Parents wouldn’t budge but this didn’t matter much to Henry.

A few weeks after his argument with his parents, Henry, despite his parents objections, joined a group of Resistance guerillas moving across the border into Texas. Upon the group’s arrival in Texas there first mission was establishing contact with the Dallas Resistance and from there they were to missions to complete, but on their way to Dallas the group encountered a small border patrol outpost and decided that it would be their first target in the state. After scouting for awhile the group moved in, slowly and stealthily killing the outpost’s small garrison, as they group entered the building they found a small barracks and decided that killing the sleeping men is the easiest thing to do, Henry walked up to one of the sleeping men and stabbed him in the heart while covering his face with a pillow, this is where Henry killed his first man. After that the group arrived in Dallas and began to establish themselves with the local Resistance, Henry had been given a role as one of the cell’s hitmen who would be sent to assassinate officials in the Reich and any other collaborators. Henry’s first killing to catch the public’s eye was the assassination of Generalmajor Bull Connor in 1954, the Generalmajor had been leading a series of hard hitting crackdowns on Southern Resistances and a opportunity finally arised for the Resistance to take him out of the playing field, the chance was at the opening of a museum in Austin dedicated to the history of the Aryan, and while security was high it was the best chance the Resistance had to kill the bastard. On the day of the opening Henry and two other operatives were sent into the opening wearing cloaks of the Klu Klux Klan as disguises, the only weapons they had managed to get in were some knifes and a single piano wire, the men tried to find a opportune time to kill the Generalmajor with and maintain their covers. Halfway through the event, Connor walked onto stage and gave a short speech about the superiority of the Aryan over the “Undesirables” and false claims that all Southern Resistance was crush, after this the General went to a restroom and Henry saw his chance, as he entered the restroom he walked past the guard near the door and entered inside he found the Generalmajor who was finishing up, Henry started a conversation praising Connor’s speech, the Generalmajor thanked Henry then went to wash his hands but as he did, Henry came from behind and choked him with the wire and after a minute, the Generalmajor was dead on the ground. Henry left the restroom and shortly after the General’s guard entered the room and yelled out for security.

Henry and his fellow assassins all managed to escape the scene that day, Henry would move around in the South for a few more years until 1957, when he was sent up to Virginia by the ALF to assist the state’s Resistance and he would do his work proudly assisting in anything from armory raids to assassinations, in Virginia Henry would gain his moniker. Henry was sent to scout out a possible location for an arms deal, Henry was stopped by a group of four off duty SS men and after talking the men, they attempted to try and arrest Henry which resulted in him quickly shooting three of the men and injuring the third, Henry spared the man and canceled the deal but on that day Henry gained his new name, the Duelist. After three years in Virginia, Henry was moved to Ohio, where once he arrived he managed to meet his brother for the first time in years but the visit was a short lived one for Henry had to move on to his new assignment. Henry was assigned to the Big Apple, the Nest of the American Reich, and home of many of the filthy collaborators. When Henry arrived in New York he was quite shocked at the effectiveness and organization of the Resistance, because despite being right in the heart of the Reich, they continued to fight on. While it has been a year since he arrived in New York, Henry has managed to make a name for himself with the local fighters, but what has grabbed Henry’s interest is the mysterious leader of the Resistance, whoever it is Henry has gained an almost concerning obsession with one day meeting the man at the lead.

The application looks good, but I am worried that Connor could become a Gary Sue-type character. Consider that his application doesn't mention any failures, botches, captures, etc. during his long career with the resistance. I would encourage you to go back and add a through-line of some sort giving Connor a realistic flaw to make him a more rounded character. Right now he just seems to be an unerring killing machine who can't be matched by the Reich.

For example, recklessness, a fixation on revenge, obstinance, pride, ruthlessness (worth noting that his sunny personality and brutal efficacy at murder should be explained and contrasted a bit better), etc. including any combination thereof or any other imaginable foible.

The Wanderer

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:32 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Fascist Republic of Bermuda
Roleplay Sample: Here we go. Probably not my best but I haven't been involved in many RPs recently.
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: “Holdine Kathrin Goebbels. Ja, that Goebbels. But you can call me Holde.”
Age: “I was born on February 19th, 1937, and thus I am 24 years old.”
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: “I don’t give much thought to romance, much to Mother’s everlasting dismay. ‘Why don’t you have a husband yet?’ and all that. But I suppose I’m heterosexual.”
Ethnicity: “Really. You’re really asking me this. I am about as Aryan as they come.”
Appearance: "Oh, well. I have a picture of me as a little girl, not a more recent one, sorry. Blonde hair, blue eyes, standard Aryan, whatever. I like to think I look a happy medium between my parents. If you want advice for how I'd look through a camera, I look better when lit from above than below, soft light is best- harsher light tends to bring out my cheekbones. On the short side, 160 centimeters tall, but considering Father's only 5 centimeters taller, I like to think that it's something. I weigh 63 kilograms, and still do gymnastics as a hobby."
Residence: “For the duration of my stay in New York, I’ll be staying at the Presidential Suite of… some famous Amerikaner hotel. Plaza, I think.”
Occupation: “I’m a propagandist for the Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda back in Germany. Some would say my occupation is being Joseph Goebbels’ daughter. I beg to differ- I'm a filmmaker, and a damned good one too.”
Family: “Ah. Perhaps you have been living in the Siberian wasteland for the past thirty years. My father is Doctor- remember, he loves being called a doctor- Paul Joseph Goebbels, Reichsminister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda. My mother, Magda Goebbels, one of the most famous women in the Reich, might just be more devoted to Nazism than Father is. I’ve got two brothers. Harald, Mother’s child by her first marriage and 16 years older than me, and Helmut, two years my senior. Two older sisters, Helga and Hilde, 5 and 3 years older than me respectively, and two younger sisters, Hedda and Heide, 1 and 3 years younger than me respectively.”
Religion: “Gottgläubig, of course. Organized religion is a bunch of fun stories, certainly, but nothing more. You’ll find Father would agree… well, when he’s not essentially worshipping the Führer.”
Greatest fear? “Obscurity. Falling off the face of the Earth. Just being another brick in the wall, pushed aside by those with a stronger will than me. It’s… been something I’ve struggled with since I was a little girl. I suppose that’s why I haven’t married- worried I'll be overshadowed by my husband.”
Most intimate ambition? “I want to have my own voice, stand on my own merits. In film, preferably. Sowing together stories, leaving a legacy for decades to come. I don’t want to just be another propagandist, I want to be a legendary filmmaker.”
Loyalty? “I suppose naturally the answer is the Reich, the Party, the Führer, all that… if I’m being honest, that’s all well and good, but I think that’s all pretty boring. My father, perhaps, if we want to vary it up.”
Three defining traits: “I’m prideful, certainly, but I feel it's justified. Perhaps a bit of a control freak; I like to get my way. I suppose I can be reasonably well-behaved in front of the camera, it just comes with the territory of having been in front of them so much.”
Personality: Magda Goebbels, Holde’s mother, once described the temperaments of her children by describing how each would react to learning their spouse had cheated on them. Holde “would never quite get over the infidelity, but would be too proud to reproach her husband. Finally, through the breach of confidence on the part of her husband she would go to pieces altogether.”

Somewhat eccentric, especially for a woman of the upper echelons of the Reich. Her behavior stems from an inferiority complex brought on by the feeling of constantly being pushed aside or upstaged by her siblings, parents, and generally everybody around her. Holde has an... interesting view of the truth, based in her understanding of film: that it can be whatever somebody wants, providing it's "cut" the right way. Despite her insistence that she’s to be a self-made woman, she is all too willing to fall back on her comfortable position and status to get things going her way.

Shielded from the most egregious crimes of Nazism by her privileged status, Holdine is a loyal citizen of Reich through-and-through. She can, in private, be something of a fair-weather National Socialist, whose ideology can prove quick to bend should it interfere with personal desire.

BIOGRAPHY
“I was born on February 19th, 1937. Apparently, the doctor who delivered me declared ‘Das ist eine Holde!’ [English: ‘that's a pretty one!’], which is where my name comes from. Supposedly. Growing up, I lived a comfortable life, never really wanting for anything - the advantages of being the daughter of a Reichsminister. But I was the least lively of my siblings; They always pushed me aside. I don’t blame them, of course, it was just how children are, but… well, it was distressing for a young girl. Father seemed to realize this, and kind of made me a favorite of his.

“Mother was… well, I don’t hate her not as much as Helga does, but she’s utterly insufferable. Always trying to get me to just sit down and shut up. Now, I’m a National Socialist, same as everybody else with half a brain, and I had fun in the BDM, but it was never particularly something I wanted to devote my life to. I was never singled out for being particularly good or bad, only for being the daughter of ‘Doctor Goebbels.’ Same reason I've... well, I don't know the exact number of reels I've appeared in, but it's quite a few. But it's never 'Holde Goebbels' in lights, nearly always just ‘Doctor Goebbels and his family’ or ‘Frau Goebbels and her children’ if we're even mentioned at all, instead of merely standing aside as the adults do the real work.

“I was a teenager when I realized I wanted to go into film. We had all gone to some public function in America when I first met Leni Riefenstahl. I’d heard about her, of course, but meeting her in person sealed the deal for me. That was how I’d leave my mark on the world. A revolutionary filmmaker, like her. Good Aryan career, too, nothing like the crazy ideas Helga threw around. Father was supportive, got me the job and quite a lot of learning from the best. Himself and Riefenstahl, of course, but also Fritz Hippler, Fritz Lang, and others. I suppose that is what inspired my penchant for collecting any film I can get my hands on- there's so many good ideas, techniques and such, if only they were to be taken and used by someone to take them and use them, or else inspiration used to innovate in ways never before dreamt of. Among the family, it was almost like a turf thing. Hilde climbs the ranks of the NS-Frauenschaft, I climb the ranks of the RMVP. Helmut always laughed at that, saying we girls were too catty with each other. But I like to ignore him.

“I’ve not done anything major or revolutionary just yet, admittedly. Just some standard propaganda reels and some experimental films on the side. I was struck by inspiration when watching some Amerikaner movies from before the war. Gangster movies, cowboy movies. Stuff like that. Amerika was an untapped goldmine. The legacy of Hollywood… well, the parts worth saving, anyways, was all but untouched. So I decided: I’d go to Amerika to make some films, both documentary and fiction. Get footage, form it into the shape I like, like a baker kneads dough. Perhaps even an epic, depicting the state of the American Reich. And New York’s the center of it all!”
Last edited by Fascist Republic Of Bermuda on Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N U T S !

The United Federation of Terrans
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:13 pm

Hello there,

Do you have need of a German patroller? Just an experienced sergeant who spends his days patrolling and helping out with raids. No real tricks or spy-craft.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:15 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:Hello there,

Do you have need of a German patroller? Just an experienced sergeant who spends his days patrolling and helping out with raids. No real tricks or spy-craft.

We could do with a police officer, yes. I'd give him a twist to make him more interesting.

In the same vein, a Gestapo inspector might be a bit more interesting to play (and less likely to arbitrarily die at the hands of the resistance) than an ordinary beat cop.

The Wanderer

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:08 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Terrans
Roleplay Sample: Taming the Wildlands
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Karl Traeger
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Het
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Appearance: Traeger stands 6'0 at 190 lbs, with dark red hair in a short crew cut with grey eyes. He has a narrow face and shrapnel scarring on the left side of his face and the forearm on the same side. He is also missing part of left pinkie at the second knuckle.
Residence: Currently in a spare room at one of the local Gestapo offices.
Family: None
Religion: Listed as Catholic but does not practice.
Greatest fear? Suffocating
Most intimate ambition? Leaving the Reich and finding an untouched spot of land to live out his days.
Loyalty? Is still loyal to the Reich but has started to become jaded and tired.
Three defining traits:
-Sees his job as a brutal necessity
-Thinks no task is below him
- Has started to develop a minor case of insomnia
Personality: Had a preference for field assignments and often donned SS uniforms to participate in raids, earning him his handle. However, with his recent change of views, Traeger has become depressed and doesn't attend to his duties with the same vigor as before. His previous service however has bought him some leeway and he has been transferred to New York for a sort of working holiday.

BIOGRAPHY
Born Nuremberg, Germany August,1932, Karl was the only child of Erik and Lena Traeger. His father, a high ranking member of the SA and his mother a devout party member, would raise Karl on the strength and betterment of the Nazi party. At least until their death in 1934, his father and mother both having been machine gunned by the SS. However, Karl was too young to remember the specifics of the incident and would go on to believe his parents traitors as he grew up in a state-run orphanage.

Growing up, Karl was constantly bullied for his parentage and often picked fights with the other kids; with them only increasing in ferocity and brutality when he and the other orphans started attending Hitler Youth. There a young Karl became the most devout member of the group and would climb the "ranks' of the Hitler Youth; helped by the fact he reported several groups of fugitives and the citizens hiding them. The fact that one such group of fugitives was in fact a resistance group; ensured that the Karl had an open job with the Gestapo.

Karl joined the Gestapo in 1949; a time where the organization was increasingly short-staffed with America, Britain and other occupied territories sucking up experienced manpower. As such Karl was given the relatively undesired job of assisting with the Slavic Problem. A relatively straightforward assignment that many felt was wasted on the investigators needed to pacify Western Europe and America. However, Karl took to the task with gusto at first and made a name for himself interrogating prisoners with simple, brutal and yet effective methods. Yet he was most well known for his habit of accompanying raids dressed as a common soldier. Something that was frowned upon by some of his superiors and earned him his current handle of "Cowboy"; because of his wild antics. Six years of the Russian territories saw Traeger earn a promotion and a transfer to Britain.

In Britain, Traeger found the methods he cultivated in Russia were extremely effective in the urban cityscapes; however they had a nasty side effect. Traeger's methods were effective in decimating existing groups but would often inspire others within the same city block. His superiors, noted this, and sent Traeger out to the Highlands after a short two month stint in London. Three years of the Highlands saw a markable decrease in resistance activities, but left Traeger shaken. Especially after one incident that remains sealed to this day; though the end result came out to two dozen German causalities. Traeger himself was hospitalized and required four months of rehabilitation before he was assigned to a desk job in Berlin.

Traeger was tasked with processing prisoners brought in for questionable activities. Such activities eventually began to weigh on him with the wide array of "charges" and their punishments. In 1961, he was charged with striking a fellow officer; only escaping major punishment by virtue of the officer's lower rank and his own service record. Instead, he was given a reduction in pay and shipped off to New York to work out his problems. With the implied hope that he would meet his predecessor's fate in a car bomb if he had actually cracked.
Last edited by The United Federation of Terrans on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My travels take me many places, from the scorching sands to the cold, dark vacuum of space. But I always return to my friends and family at The Pub.

Augusticinia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Augusticinia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:17 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Augusticinia
Roleplay Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=30716809#p30716809
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
"Jean-Louis, but you can call me Jack... like the whiskey... I really shouldn't be going into any more details around here."

"39, old enough to live, and young enough to die."

Sex:
"Male, the beasts of burden of mankind's failures."

Sexual Orientation:
"No orientation, no rules, no path to follow, just wandering amongst bodies needing to be saved. In other words I'll take anybody."

Ethnicity:
"Je crois que je suis le roi du soleil, but I had the great misfortune of being born in the wasteland of America"

Appearance: Lean, weary, and probably not the most clean-shaven or well kept from a spiritual binge of writing, alcohol, and other substances. He's of average height but has a certain physicality, being a former football player and former merchant marine, that assures he can stand his own. His skin is paler from spending a great deal indoors, but a confident nonchalance seems to rise from his stance and distantly focused blue eyes -- and ever so subtly, a slight trembling neurosis hides beneath.

Residence:
"Greenwich Village, the closest thing you can get to salvation around here, we're all raving mad, but might as well go with a bang instead of a whimper"

"I write occasionally"

Family:
"Got a mom and a dad living in Ozone Park in Queen's, nice, stable people, probably the only people I'll ever truly love"

Religion:
"Was a Catholic back when it was allowed, been a Buddhist since it's never been allowed"

Greatest fear?
"Selling out to the Nazis, at least they keep communism out, and let's not forget writing useless drivel"

Most intimate ambition?
"Words etched on a lasting stone, even if it's my grave."

Loyalty?
"If I don't save myself first what's the point?"

Three defining traits: Headstrong attitude once an idea gets in his head, Intense self-criticism, A natural disdain for authority
Personality: N/A
BIOGRAPHY
While this is the same Massachussetts-born, Columbia-attending Jack Kerouac who would later go on to father the Beat Generation, the real historical digression begins with the end of the 2nd World War; After publishing some short works and a novel (The Town and the City) that were quickly supressed for obscenity by the new regime, Kerouac became much more calculating with his publications, laying low in New York while writing for a much more underground group, the soon-to-be Beat Generation. During this time Kerouac would begin initializing a draft of his underground magnum opus On the Road. Kerouac travelled when he could to gain inspiration and revel in what freedom he could find, but as his profile became more apparent to regime officials, he carefully toned down his obscenities in public writings, renounced his history of Roman Catholicism, and in the outer sphere relented to penning anti-communist writings and other sympathetic views to the party for a modest income and secure living. However, in the inner sphere of the underground Beat Generation, a much more subversive Kerouac explored a wide variety of unorthodox conventions, criticisms, and ways of life. Kerouac was seen as a spiritual leader, not only by close peers by word of mouth, but distant audiences by smuggled manuscripts and unsanctioned radio programs. Leading into 1961, Kerouac began to experience internal division owing to increasing surveillance of him from the Reich, and the expectations of the more radical of his peers who dabbled in the subterfuge of revolution, and ultimately as the Reich tightens its dying grasp, satisfying both groups starts to disappear as an option.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Jan 09, 2021 7:21 pm

A beatnik, this ought to be interesting.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:33 am

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Decius
Roleplay Sample: The OP and several others in the RP have experience with my work
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Generaloberst, Adolf Klaus Graf von Weissmann
Sexual Orientation: Official Records List As Heterosexual
Ethnicity: Aryan (Germanic, East Prussian) Records Suggest Possible Czech Mixture in Distant Ancestry but never Proven
Appearance: Adolf once had a soldiers firm build, a legacy of time served in the Kaiserliche Armee during the First Great War, now somewhat withered with age and years spent behind a desk rather than on the battlefield. He still stands at an imposing six foot three inches, broad shoulders helping him to tower over most, and he does not let his age prevent him from standing tall and proud. Long legs give him quite the impressive stride, while his hands, though gnarled by the cruelties of age, hide a power long dormant within the sinews of muscle. In a face covered by wrinkles, his single emerald eye gleams out, the other having been lost at the Somme and now hidden behind a black eye patch. A nose which might be politely described as French from its gargantuan appearance, rests just above a mouth which might once have shown forth the brightest of smiles but now rests in a cold deadpan. Ever the stickler for regulations, Adolf has made no adjustments to his Wehrmacht-issue uniform, save that he has retained his commendations from service under the Kaiserreich as they are rather than the National Socialist equivalents many replace them with. Among these commendations is the Pour le Mérite, the Iron Cross, and the Wound Badge.
Residence: Generaloberst Weissmann is Recorded to Maintain his Lodgings at the Consular Office of the Greater Reich’s Embassy in New York
Occupation: Generaloberst Adolf K. Graf von Weissmann is assigned as the official Liaison Officer between the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht and the Office of the Reichsführer of North America. His duties include administrative oversight of Greater Reich troops deployed to the American Reich, overseeing cooperation between German and American Wehrmacht forces when necessary, and providing the Reichsführer with a constant appraisal of the German Military Situation as effects the American Reich.
Family: Generaloberst Adolf K. Graf von Weissmann is a widower. Theresa von Weissmann née Metzker, died in a car crash just outside Frankfurt in 1952 ending almost three decades of happy marriage between the two. They have one son, Friedrich (32), whom is presently serving as an Oberst in the Afrika-Korps in Pacification Operations in Italian East Africa. Reports from Gestapo indicate strained relations between Father and Son, resultant from sudden loss of Theresa and Friedrich’s deployment to Afrika coinciding with Generaloberst Weissmann’s assignment to New York.
Religion: On Official Records, Generaloberst Weissmann is reported to be a stalwart Atheist, though he was previously reported as identifying as Protestant until 1932 when he renounced the Faith.
Greatest fear? Through recordings obtained from family gatherings and social functions, Gestapo analysts believe Generaloberst Weissmann’s greatest fear to be Acrophobia (Fear of Heights). ’Though Adolf’s truest and deepest fear is that the Nazi Regime infesting Germany and the world with its heinous stench will never be toppled and he must slave away in a system he despises unto his death, as will all who follow him.’
Most intimate ambition? Through recordings obtained from family gatherings and social functions, Gestapo analysts believe Generaloberst Weissmann’s intimate ambition to be attaining the rank of Generalfeldmarschall. ’In truth, Adolf’s greatest desire is to contribute, even if in some small barely noticeable way, to the downfall of the Nazi Regime.’
Loyalty? Generaloberst Adolf K. Graf von Weissmann has Proudly Declared His Undying Loyalty to The Führer of the Greater German Reich, Adolf Hitler. ’While ‘loyal’ to the government which currently reigns in Germania, Adolf pines for the days before the Nazi’s when he swore loyalty to, and bled for, His Imperial and Royal Majesty, the Kaiser followed by His Excellency, President Hindenburg. Were the regime in Germania to fall, Adolf’s loyalty may very well fall with it.’
Three defining traits:
-Diligence: Even at his age, Generaloberst Weissmann is noted to go through three times the assignments as most of his colleagues with matchless efficiency
-Emotionless: This is not a man who will be the life of the party, nor the man capable of comforting a grieving widow
-Alcoholism: Since the death of his wife, Generaloberst Weissmann is noted to partake in significant amounts of drink in private, though to date he has never let this unfortunate habit interfere with his duties
Personality: Adolf is a man of cold calculation, he does not let emotion enter the equation and will turn to logic for answers instead of chaos. While an outwardly intimidating man, he is respectful to those around him, caring towards those under his command, and does not care about rank social or political. If he finds inefficiency anywhere he will pursue a campaign against it ruthlessly, is willing to criticize anyone for inefficiency even his superiors. He is a man well practiced in keeping secrets, having had to suppress his own beliefs and ideals since 1930 for the sake of his own life and those of his family as the Nazi’s gained power, but there is only so much he can hold back. One day the damn will burst, and that will very likely be the day Adolf will die.
BIOGRAPHY
Born in 1896 in the German Empire, Adolf’s father was a member of the East Prussian landed nobility of some middling influence. The family was almost fanatically loyal to the House of Hohenzollern and fervent supporters of His Imperial and Royal Majesty, Wilhelm II. From birth, Adolf was groomed to one day take over the estate and title from his father, learning skills necessary to manage a large estate and balance a budget. He entered Officer’s Training School, seeking to secure a position in the Kaiserliche Armee reserves which would improve the families social standing.

Then the Great War came.

Heeding his country’s call to arms, Adolf accepted the offer of early graduation in 1914 and went right to the frontlines in Belgium, serving as a Leutnant in the thick of the action. Very much a frontline officer, Adolf was well liked by the men under his command and by his superiors behind the lines, even if he was overly aggressive during battle. He was a lion in battle and served with distinction on both the Western Front and in the Balkan’s, during which time he made the acquaintance of a young Infanterie officer by the name of Erwin Rommel, and even had the opportunity to meet Kaiser Wilhelm II on one of the sovereigns covert trips to the front. Then the Battle of the Somme began and a piece of shrapnel practically tore out Adolf’s right eye, taking him off frontline combat duty. Despite his personal protestations, from his hospital bed, that he could still fight as well as any man, the Hauptmann was placed in the administrative staff of the 2nd Army, doomed to a clerks role for the rest of the war.

Like many other German officers, Adolf was outraged at the end of the war with the fall of the Kaiserreich and infliction of the Versailles Treaty upon Germany. He felt that Germany had been cut short of her great victory, that had she held on a few months longer the roles would have been reversed and Berlin would dictate to the Allies. However, unlike many German officers, he did not blame the Jews for this stab in the back, having served alongside a fair number of Jewish German’s in the Great War, in fact one of his neighbors when he returned home to Allenstein was a Jewish veteran. He blamed England for starving Germany to death and America for overlooking the horror of the famine sweeping across Germany, he also blamed Austria for being a poor excuse for an ally. He would go on to join a number of Pro-Monarchist militia and political organizations while opposing fascist and socialist groups alike, earnestly hoping Germany would see sense and restore the Monarchy which would lead down a path to renewed greatness. When the Nazi’s began to gain power, and officially took over in 1933, Adolf made a difficult choice to protect himself and his family.

He swallowed his pride, his beliefs, and his ideals and joined the NSDAP, even voted for Hitler in the sham elections the Nazi’s kept around for show. He silenced all his moral objections as they ruled through terror and murder, he silenced all his instincts to flee Germany as they conducted targeted purges of German society of his former monarchist friends and colleagues. He bit back the fire raging inside him on Kristallnacht when the thugs dragged his Jewish neighbor out onto the street and beat him to death, every vein screaming that he should go out and kill the bastards for laying their hands on a good man whom had fought and bled for Kaiser and Fatherland. He stayed silent.

He had a rather uneventful career during the Second Great War, rising through the ranks of administration in the Logistical Corps of the Wehrmacht. A talent for numbers helped him gain the appreciation of those officers whose supply lines he kept running, and he even forged a few ironclad friendships with senior officers including Guderian and Mannstein. Adolf did his best to stay out of the spotlight as much as he could, lest the Gestapo have reason to purge him as they had his former colleagues.

In 1960, he was assigned as the new Liaison Officer between the Oberkommando der Wehrmacht and the Office of the Reichsführer of North America. Though he clashed with Reichsführer Rockwell, he nevertheless did his duty with his usual efficiency and calculating demeanor. As much as Rockwell might dislike and to some extent even hate Generaloberst Weissmann, Adolf was well protected by his connections to the ‘Old Guard’ within to Wehrmacht, bonds forged through experience going back almost half a century. However it was precisely his experiences that prompted his assignment to New York; the SS had begun to suspect that Adolf might not have completely renounced his old leanings and were slowly closing in, when Generalfeldmarschall Rommel ensured his old friend received a post thousands of miles away from Germania and well outside Himmler’s grasp, for now.

The freedom from the SS, or at least the German-SS if not the American-SS, has begun to stir old feelings in Adolf. One feeling in particular stands above all the others.

Hope.

As regards Anti-Nazism, as a stalwart hater of it I’m good on that front.
Last edited by New Decius on Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:04 pm

The United Federation of Terrans wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Terrans
Roleplay Sample: Taming the Wildlands
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: Karl Traeger
Sexual Orientation: Het
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Appearance: Traeger stands 6'0 at 190 lbs, with dark red hair in a short crew cut with grey eyes. He has a narrow face and shrapnel scarring on the left side of his face and the forearm on the same side. He is also missing part of left pinkie at the second knuckle.
Residence: Currently in a spare room at one of the local Gestapo offices.
Family: None
Religion: Listed as Catholic but does not practice.
Greatest fear? Suffocating
Most intimate ambition? Leaving the Reich and finding an untouched spot of land to live out his days.
Loyalty? Is still loyal to the Reich but has started to become jaded and tired.
Three defining traits:
-Sees his job as a brutal necessity
-Thinks no task is below him
- Has started to develop a minor case of insomnia
Personality: Had a preference for field assignments and often donned SS uniforms to participate in raids, earning him his handle. However, with his recent change of views, Traeger has become depressed and doesn't attend to his duties with the same vigor as before. His previous service however has bought him some leeway and he has been transferred to New York for a sort of working holiday.

BIOGRAPHY
Born Nuremberg, Germany August,1932, Karl was the only child of Erik and Lena Traeger. His father, a high ranking member of the SA and his mother a devout party member, would raise Karl on the strength and betterment of the Nazi party. At least until their death in 1934, his father and mother both having been machine gunned by the SS. However, Karl was too young to remember the specifics of the incident and would go on to believe his parents traitors as he grew up in a state-run orphanage.

Growing up, Karl was constantly bullied for his parentage and often picked fights with the other kids; with them only increasing in ferocity and brutality when he and the other orphans started attending Hitler Youth. There a young Karl became the most devout member of the group and would climb the "ranks' of the Hitler Youth; helped by the fact he reported several groups of fugitives and the citizens hiding them. The fact that one such group of fugitives was in fact a resistance group; ensured that the Karl had an open job with the Gestapo.

Karl joined the Gestapo in 1949; a time where the organization was increasingly short-staffed with America, Britain and other occupied territories sucking up experienced manpower. As such Karl was given the relatively undesired job of assisting with the Slavic Problem. A relatively straightforward assignment that many felt was wasted on the investigators needed to pacify Western Europe and America. However, Karl took to the task with gusto at first and made a name for himself interrogating prisoners with simple, brutal and yet effective methods. Yet he was most well known for his habit of accompanying raids dressed as a common soldier. Something that was frowned upon by some of his superiors and earned him his current handle of "Cowboy"; because of his wild antics. Six years of the Russian territories saw Traeger earn a promotion and a transfer to Britain.

In Britain, Traeger found the methods he cultivated in Russia were extremely effective in the urban cityscapes; however they had a nasty side effect. Traeger's methods were effective in decimating existing groups but would often inspire others within the same city block. His superiors, noted this, and sent Traeger out to the Highlands after a short two month stint in London. Three years of the Highlands saw a markable decrease in resistance activities, but left Traeger shaken. Especially after one incident that remains sealed to this day; though the end result came out to two dozen German causalities. Traeger himself was hospitalized and required four months of rehabilitation before he was assigned to a desk job in Berlin.

Traeger was tasked with processing prisoners brought in for questionable activities. Such activities eventually began to weigh on him with the wide array of "charges" and their punishments. In 1961, he was charged with striking a fellow officer; only escaping major punishment by virtue of the officer's lower rank and his own service record. Instead, he was given a reduction in pay and shipped off to New York to work out his problems. With the implied hope that he would meet his predecessor's fate in a car bomb if he had actually cracked.

Accepted. Excited to see Traeger in action. If you have any questions feel free to ask here, TG, or pop into Discord.
Augusticinia wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Roleplay Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=30716809#p30716809
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:
"Jean-Louis, but you can call me Jack... like the whiskey... I really shouldn't be going into any more details around here."

Sex:

Sexual Orientation:
"No orientation, no rules, no path to follow, just wandering amongst bodies needing to be saved. In other words I'll take anybody."

Ethnicity:
"Je crois que je suis le roi du soleil, but I had the great misfortune of being born in the wasteland of America"

Appearance: Lean, weary, and probably not the most clean-shaven or well kept from a spiritual binge of writing, alcohol, and other substances. He's of average height but has a certain physicality, being a former football player and former merchant marine, that assures he can stand his own. His skin is paler from spending a great deal indoors, but a confident nonchalance seems to rise from his stance and distantly focused blue eyes -- and ever so subtly, a slight trembling neurosis hides beneath.

Residence:
"Greenwich Village, the closest thing you can get to salvation around here, we're all raving mad, but might as well go with a bang instead of a whimper"

"I write occasionally"

Family:
"Got a mom and a dad living in Ozone Park in Queen's, nice, stable people, probably the only people I'll ever truly love"

Religion:
"Was a Catholic back when it was allowed, been a Buddhist since it's never been allowed"

Greatest fear?
"Selling out to the Nazis, at least they keep communism out, and let's not forget writing useless drivel"

Most intimate ambition?

Loyalty?

Three defining traits: Headstrong attitude once an idea gets in his head, Intense self-criticism, A natural disdain for authority
BIOGRAPHY
While this is the same Massachussetts-born, Columbia-attending Jack Kerouac who would later go on to father the Beat Generation, the real historical digression begins with the end of the 2nd World War; After publishing some short works and a novel (The Town and the City) that were quickly supressed for obscenity by the new regime, Kerouac became much more calculating with his publications, laying low in New York while writing for a much more underground group, the soon-to-be Beat Generation. During this time Kerouac would begin initializing a draft of his underground magnum opus On the Road. Kerouac travelled when he could to gain inspiration and revel in what freedom he could find, but as his profile became more apparent to regime officials, he carefully toned down his obscenities in public writings, renounced his history of Roman Catholicism, and in the outer sphere relented to penning anti-communist writings and other sympathetic views to the party for a modest income and secure living. However, in the inner sphere of the underground Beat Generation, a much more subversive Kerouac explored a wide variety of unorthodox conventions, criticisms, and ways of life. Kerouac was seen as a spiritual leader, not only by close peers by word of mouth, but distant audiences by smuggled manuscripts and unsanctioned radio programs. Leading into 1961, Kerouac began to experience internal division owing to increasing surveillance of him from the Reich, and the expectations of the more radical of his peers who dabbled in the subterfuge of revolution, and ultimately as the Reich tightens its dying grasp, satisfying both groups starts to disappear as an option.

I'm a big fan of this concept! However, I think you should build on it. Right now Kerouac is compelling in his own right, but he isn't integrated into the rest of the cast. I have a good idea of how to manage that.

Norv, who plays the leader of the NYC resistance, wants someone to play the Oracle of a recruitment cell. (Norv posted an excellent description of the NYC's modus operandi a while back, and it's in the lore document, too, I believe. If you want to join the Discord we can also explain it to you there.) Essentially the leader of a small team in charge of recruiting other characters to resistance cells.

Kerouac would be a good fit for this role, I think, and he would also be exceedingly relevant to the plot, as we have multiple characters who need a first point of contact to be introduced to the resistance.
New Decius wrote:-snip-

Good to see you Decius. I've been hoping for more Wehrmacht characters, and Weissmann looks good. Accepted.
EDIT: One thing I meant to ask. Did you meant to list his sexuality as homosexual, or was that a typo? If he is homosexual, I think it might be worth explaining why he is allowed to get away with this if it's known to the government.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:07 pm

Yes it was a Typo, I made the application in the early hours of the morning, I’ve edited it
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:12 pm

New Decius wrote:Yes it was a Typo, I made the application in the early hours of the morning, I’ve edited it

Ah okay, no worries, just making sure.

You're welcome to join the IC at your leisure; Weissmann would be invited to the gala, after all.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:20 pm

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Fascist Republic of Bermuda
Roleplay Sample: Here we go. Probably not my best but I haven't been involved in many RPs recently.
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: “Holdine Kathrin Goebbels. Ja, that Goebbels. But you can call me Holde.”
Age: “I was born on February 19th, 1937, and thus I am 24 years old.”
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: “I don’t give much thought to romance, much to Mother’s everlasting dismay. ‘Why don’t you have a husband yet?’ and all that. But I suppose I’m heterosexual.”
Ethnicity: “Really. You’re really asking me this. I am about as Aryan as they come.”
Appearance: "Oh, well. I have a picture of me as a little girl, not a more recent one, sorry. Blonde hair, blue eyes, standard Aryan, whatever. I like to think I look a happy medium between my parents. If you want advice for how I'd look through a camera, I look better when lit from above than below, soft light is best- harsher light tends to bring out my cheekbones. On the short side, 160 centimeters tall, but considering Father's only 5 centimeters taller, I like to think that it's something. I weigh 63 kilograms, and still do gymnastics as a hobby."
Residence: “For the duration of my stay in New York, I’ll be staying at the Presidential Suite of… some famous Amerikaner hotel. Plaza, I think.”
Occupation: “I’m a propagandist for the Reichsministerium für Volksaufklärung und Propaganda back in Germany. Some would say my occupation is being Joseph Goebbels’ daughter. I beg to differ- I'm a filmmaker, and a damned good one too.”
Family: “Ah. Perhaps you have been living in the Siberian wasteland for the past thirty years. My father is Doctor- remember, he loves being called a doctor- Paul Joseph Goebbels, Reichsminister of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda. My mother, Magda Goebbels, one of the most famous women in the Reich, might just be more devoted to Nazism than Father is. I’ve got two brothers. Harald, Mother’s child by her first marriage and 16 years older than me, and Helmut, two years my senior. Two older sisters, Helga and Hilde, 5 and 3 years older than me respectively, and two younger sisters, Hedda and Heide, 1 and 3 years younger than me respectively.”
Religion: “Gottgläubig, of course. Organized religion is a bunch of fun stories, certainly, but nothing more. You’ll find Father would agree… well, when he’s not essentially worshipping the Führer.”
Greatest fear? “Obscurity. Falling off the face of the Earth. Just being another brick in the wall, pushed aside by those with a stronger will than me. It’s… been something I’ve struggled with since I was a little girl. I suppose that’s why I haven’t married- worried I'll be overshadowed by my husband.”
Most intimate ambition? “I want to have my own voice, stand on my own merits. In film, preferably. Sowing together stories, leaving a legacy for decades to come. I don’t want to just be another propagandist, I want to be a legendary filmmaker.”
Loyalty? “I suppose naturally the answer is the Reich, the Party, the Führer, all that… if I’m being honest, that’s all well and good, but I think that’s all pretty boring. My father, perhaps, if we want to vary it up.”
Three defining traits: “I’m prideful, certainly, but I feel it's justified. Perhaps a bit of a control freak; I like to get my way. I suppose I can be reasonably well-behaved in front of the camera, it just comes with the territory of having been in front of them so much.”
Personality: Magda Goebbels, Holde’s mother, once described the temperaments of her children by describing how each would react to learning their spouse had cheated on them. Holde “would never quite get over the infidelity, but would be too proud to reproach her husband. Finally, through the breach of confidence on the part of her husband she would go to pieces altogether.”

Somewhat eccentric, especially for a woman of the upper echelons of the Reich. Her behavior stems from an inferiority complex brought on by the feeling of constantly being pushed aside or upstaged by her siblings, parents, and generally everybody around her. Holde has an... interesting view of the truth, based in her understanding of film: that it can be whatever somebody wants, providing it's "cut" the right way. Despite her insistence that she’s to be a self-made woman, she is all too willing to fall back on her comfortable position and status to get things going her way.

Shielded from the most egregious crimes of Nazism by her privileged status, Holdine is a loyal citizen of Reich through-and-through. She can, in private, be something of a fair-weather National Socialist, whose ideology can prove quick to bend should it interfere with personal desire.

BIOGRAPHY
“I was born on February 19th, 1937. Apparently, the doctor who delivered me declared ‘Das ist eine Holde!’ [English: ‘that's a pretty one!’], which is where my name comes from. Supposedly. Growing up, I lived a comfortable life, never really wanting for anything - the advantages of being the daughter of a Reichsminister. But I was the least lively of my siblings; They always pushed me aside. I don’t blame them, of course, it was just how children are, but… well, it was distressing for a young girl. Father seemed to realize this, and kind of made me a favorite of his.

“Mother was… well, I don’t hate her not as much as Helga does, but she’s utterly insufferable. Always trying to get me to just sit down and shut up. Now, I’m a National Socialist, same as everybody else with half a brain, and I had fun in the BDM, but it was never particularly something I wanted to devote my life to. I was never singled out for being particularly good or bad, only for being the daughter of ‘Doctor Goebbels.’ Same reason I've... well, I don't know the exact number of reels I've appeared in, but it's quite a few. But it's never 'Holde Goebbels' in lights, nearly always just ‘Doctor Goebbels and his family’ or ‘Frau Goebbels and her children’ if we're even mentioned at all, instead of merely standing aside as the adults do the real work.

“I was a teenager when I realized I wanted to go into film. We had all gone to some public function in America when I first met Leni Riefenstahl. I’d heard about her, of course, but meeting her in person sealed the deal for me. That was how I’d leave my mark on the world. A revolutionary filmmaker, like her. Good Aryan career, too, nothing like the crazy ideas Helga threw around. Father was supportive, got me the job and quite a lot of learning from the best. Himself and Riefenstahl, of course, but also Fritz Hippler, Fritz Lang, and others. I suppose that is what inspired my penchant for collecting any film I can get my hands on- there's so many good ideas, techniques and such, if only they were to be taken and used by someone to take them and use them, or else inspiration used to innovate in ways never before dreamt of. Among the family, it was almost like a turf thing. Hilde climbs the ranks of the NS-Frauenschaft, I climb the ranks of the RMVP. Helmut always laughed at that, saying we girls were too catty with each other. But I like to ignore him.

“I’ve not done anything major or revolutionary just yet, admittedly. Just some standard propaganda reels and some experimental films on the side. I was struck by inspiration when watching some Amerikaner movies from before the war. Gangster movies, cowboy movies. Stuff like that. Amerika was an untapped goldmine. The legacy of Hollywood… well, the parts worth saving, anyways, was all but untouched. So I decided: I’d go to Amerika to make some films, both documentary and fiction. Get footage, form it into the shape I like, like a baker kneads dough. Perhaps even an epic, depicting the state of the American Reich. And New York’s the center of it all!”

Accepted.

The Wanderer

Augusticinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Augusticinia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:33 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:I'm a big fan of this concept! However, I think you should build on it. Right now Kerouac is compelling in his own right, but he isn't integrated into the rest of the cast. I have a good idea of how to manage that.

Norv, who plays the leader of the NYC resistance, wants someone to play the Oracle of a recruitment cell. (Norv posted an excellent description of the NYC's modus operandi a while back, and it's in the lore document, too, I believe. If you want to join the Discord we can also explain it to you there.) Essentially the leader of a small team in charge of recruiting other characters to resistance cells.

Kerouac would be a good fit for this role, I think, and he would also be exceedingly relevant to the plot, as we have multiple characters who need a first point of contact to be introduced to the resistance.

Okay, so especially with Kerouac's position as a writer and sort of what I outlined in my application along with the newer ideas, I was thinking of Kerouac as the Oracle for a propaganda cell mainly consisting of fellow writers and young "revolutionaries" living in Greenwich Village at the time, and maybe to give Kerouac a better vantage point within the Reich he can be an active member of the Propaganda department. (with strong emphasis on being a valuable asset in terms of anti-Communist messaging under the Broadcast department). Then to better conceal himself all propaganda works for the resistance by from the Kerouac's Cell are written under the alias Sal Paradise. Also if there's a gestapo or party intelligence officer that wants to take on the role of increasing surveillance on Kerouac, especially because I feel he'd be relatively high profile and of some suspicion at least in the cultural world, that could also amp up the tension and integration.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:10 pm

Augusticinia wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:I'm a big fan of this concept! However, I think you should build on it. Right now Kerouac is compelling in his own right, but he isn't integrated into the rest of the cast. I have a good idea of how to manage that.

Okay, so especially with Kerouac's position as a writer and sort of what I outlined in my application along with the newer ideas, I was thinking of Kerouac as the Oracle for a propaganda cell mainly consisting of fellow writers and young "revolutionaries" living in Greenwich Village at the time, and maybe to give Kerouac a better vantage point within the Reich he can be an active member of the Propaganda department. (with strong emphasis on being a valuable asset in terms of anti-Communist messaging under the Broadcast department). Then to better conceal himself all propaganda works for the resistance by from the Kerouac's Cell are written under the alias Sal Paradise. Also if there's a gestapo or party intelligence officer that wants to take on the role of increasing surveillance on Kerouac, especially because I feel he'd be relatively high profile and of some suspicion at least in the cultural world, that could also amp up the tension and integration.

That all sounds great. Let me know when you're app has been fully revised and I'll review.

The Wanderer

Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby The United Federation of Terrans » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:59 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Accepted. Excited to see Traeger in action. If you have any questions feel free to ask here, TG, or pop into Discord.

Thank you. I'll have an IC post up shortly I hope.

Spoiler: Traeger hits the ground running and stumbles slightly.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Jan 10, 2021 3:11 pm

Ill begin working on my post

IATA Member

Augusticinia
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Augusticinia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:26 pm

Here's the revised app:
PLAYER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name:

Sex:

Sexual Orientation:

Ethnicity:

Residence:
"Greenwich Village, they're raving mad down there, but might as well go with a bang instead of a whimper"

"I write occasionally, but for the most part I run radio for the party, mostly anti-communist stuff, keeps Herr Hatfield happy. "

Family:

Religion:

Greatest fear?

Most intimate ambition?

Loyalty?

BIOGRAPHY
While this is the same Massachussetts-born, Columbia-attending Jack Kerouac who would later go on to father the Beat Generation, the real historical digression begins with the end of the 2nd World War; After publishing some short works and a novel (The Town and the City) that were quickly supressed for obscenity by the new regime, Kerouac became much more calculating with his publications, laying low in New York while writing for a much more underground group, the soon-to-be Beat Generation. During this time Kerouac would also begin initializing a draft of his subversive magnum opus On the Road and writing under the alias Sal Paradise. After publicly renouncing his former obscenities and his Catholic faith in order to divert old suspicions, he found a stable position in the propaganda department writing scripts for radio broadcasts and other works of fiction and prose that appealed to anti-communist sentiments and party sympathies. His unique position along with the shared revolutionary ideals of his inner circle led him to be contacted by the NYC resistance during the late 1950's and eventually after a series of brief meetings, with who he would later learn to be the figure of CONTROL, established himself as an ORACLE for the newly developing Propaganda Cell (referred to as the Bodhisattvas) running out of Greenwich Village. However, as time passed, and the regime well aware of Kerouac's former dispositions, the interest in tagging Kerouac in surveillance became a reality. At the present moment in 1961, Kerouac must carefully navigate the pressures of being a higher profile figure in both the propaganda department and resistance effort, while also dodging the suspicions of being a revolutionary sympathizer, or worse, a traitor.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse