NATION

PASSWORD

Its a Long Way to Tipperary(OOC)(CHAR)(OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Its a Long Way to Tipperary(OOC)(CHAR)(OPEN)

Postby Bolslania » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:43 pm

Up to mighty London came
An Irish man one day
All the streets were paved with gold
So everyone was gay!
Singing songs of Piccadilly
Strand, and Leicester Square
'Til Paddy got excited and
He shouted to them there:

It's a long way to Tipperary
It's a long way to go.
To the sweetest girl I know!
Goodbye Piccadilly
Farewell Leicester Square!
It's a long long way to Tipperary
But my heart's right there.

Paddy wrote a letter
To his Irish Molly O'
Saying, "Should you not receive it
Write and let me know!
If I make mistakes in "spelling"
Molly dear", said he
"Remember it's the pen, that's bad
Don't lay the blame on me".

It's a long way to go.
Goodbye Piccadilly
Farewell Leicester Square
But my heart's right there.

It's a long way to go.
Goodbye Piccadilly
Farewell Leicester Square
But my heart's right there

July 28th, 1914.

Tensions that have been brewing for decades between the major European Powers have finally boiled over, the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austro-Hungary started a chain reaction, starting with Austro-Hungary threatening war with Serbia if demands were not met. Everyone knew Serbia couldn't meet those demands. Nations began taking sides, the Russian Empire, United Kingdom, and French Republic coming to the defense of Serbia, while the German Empire took the side of it's neighbor, Austro-Hungary.

And so begins a war that will live in infamy, a war that will never be forgotten. In WW1 new technologies were developed that would alter the way war is fought forever, in the Great War concepts that had never needed to be addressed would be starkly and suddenly brought into the spotlight. Millions would die, and millions more would have their souls shattered by the violences of war.

This RP is set just before the Battle of the Marne, where the British and French Armies are on the back foot as the German's advance unchecked into northern Frances. Meanwhile, Russia has pushed into East Prussia and the Carpathians, and the Germans are being force to allocate more forces to the Eastern Theater. The British and French armies seek to stop the German advance, and push maybe even turn the tide in their favor.

1. This isn't a nation RP, you are an individual soldier in the trenches
    2. There will only be 3 high-ranking officers per country, I will keep a list in the character creation section
    3. Basic stuff, be polite, be realistic
    4. I've gone past the need for post lengths, just no one-liners.
    5. Put "Tipperary" in the notes section of your application
    6. Another basic thing but I am the authority, and any co-ops I recruit are extensions of that authority
There are several ways to play this RP.
In this RP, you can play on any side of your choosing, at any rank. However, there are some things to keep in mind:

German Generals (0/3)
British Generals (0/3)
French Generals (0/3)
Russian Generals (0/3)
Austro-Hungarian Generals (0/3)
Ottoman's will come later

1. Most soldiers on both sides were in their 20s
2. A lot of German soldiers were conscripts
3. British soldiers at the beginning of the war were volunteer soldiers
4. No combat planes, no tanks until 1915. There are very light armored cars, and planes for reconnaissance purposes
5. I do ask for some depth in your character, how is he an individual? What makes him him?

Application
DELETE ALL IN PARENTHESES
Code: Select all
Name:
Appearance(Written description mandatory, image encouraged):
Personality:
Role(Sapper, infantry etc):
Equipment:
Bio(2 paragraphs):
Notes:
Last edited by Bolslania on Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Old Tanokiana
Envoy

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Old Tanokiana » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:11 am

Name: Leonid Arkadeiavich Petrenov
Appearance: 5'6 tall, chestnut hair and a developing handlebar moustache, chestnut eyes, has a faint Crimean tan, fairly decent body build
Personality: Often cheery, but is serious when need be, optimistic of winning the war, has a tendency to ramble without cause
Rank: Junior Feuerwerker/ responsible for the construction, maintenance, and destruction of ammunition
Role: Artillery
Equipment: Nagant Revolver, Binoculars
Bio(2 paragraphs): Petrenov has been in service of Russia since 1902, born in the urban cities of Ryazan to Czechoslovak parents. He is currently a non comissioned officer in the Imperial Russian Army. During the Russo-Japanese war, he was lucky to be assigned to a garrison in Chelyabinsk, and not in Manchuria. His past service was uneventful until the Archduke was shot.
Notes: he has a son and a wife. The son is only 1 year old.
PT-MT Nation used to be a representation of my views, NS stats are used rarely
Former Member of: CUSP, UIC
TG me if something's off. I'll probably rewrite my lore when I get to it, if I get to it lol

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE RUSSIAN CZAR | Old Tanokiana is an Orthodox Greco-Frankish nation located in modern day Lower Saxony, Germany.

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Fri Jan 08, 2021 8:53 am

Old Tanokiana wrote:Name: Leonid Arkadeiavich Petrenov
Appearance: 5'6 tall, chestnut hair and a developing handlebar moustache, chestnut eyes, has a faint Crimean tan, fairly decent body build
Personality: Often cheery, but is serious when need be, optimistic of winning the war, has a tendency to ramble without cause
Rank: Junior Feuerwerker/ responsible for the construction, maintenance, and destruction of ammunition
Role: Artillery
Equipment: Nagant Revolver, Binoculars
Bio(2 paragraphs): Petrenov has been in service of Russia since 1902, born in the urban cities of Ryazan to Czechoslovak parents. He is currently a non comissioned officer in the Imperial Russian Army. During the Russo-Japanese war, he was lucky to be assigned to a garrison in Chelyabinsk, and not in Manchuria. His past service was uneventful until the Archduke was shot.
Notes: he has a son and a wife. The son is only 1 year old.

Rejected, bio isn't up to standards and the notes section is filled out improperly.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:50 am

Will app soon

Purusapura
Attaché

Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:55 pm

Tag