NATION

PASSWORD

Political Dissident & LGBT Activist Assassinated (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Qassadia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Political Dissident & LGBT Activist Assassinated (OOC)

Postby Qassadia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 4:45 pm

This is the OOC thread for the Political Dissident & LGBT Activist Assassinated IC thread

This RP is set within an MT and may allude to mature subject matter.

Everyone is welcome to join, but I'll ask you to respect the following rules.

1. No sudden invasions of my nation. You must respect the geography and my region and nation (here's a map of my region and nation).
2. No one-liners. At least one paragraph per post with decent English and spelling.
3. No god-modding.
4. Please post here before posting in IC.
5. Please bear in mind that Krillin is a region that uses realistic populations, same as with my nation. If you have a nation that has a trillion people, with a GDP the same as all of Planet Earth, and you play with those stats, I will reject them.

6. The first response post shall belong to Palmyrion. I politely ask anyone who has an interest in participating in this RP to refrain from posting first, as the initial reaction post is reserved for the Commonwealth of Palmyrion.

There is no formal application, but if you would like to participate in my thread, please give me some idea of how you would like to respond.
Last edited by Qassadia on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

Nacrad
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2020
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Nacrad » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:51 pm

I'd like to join, for now we will stick to diplomatic action and extracting our citizens from there, and also offering asylum to LGBTQ+ and political dissidents. I don't see my nation invading yours, though. Info can be found in my factbooks
OOC - HRT 19.07.2023
Call me Hannah
Pronouns: She/They

Basically the result of Anglo-Dutch quarrels on who can profit more from Mingsplosion, coming to a retcon near you!

International News: HUNGARY IS OUT: Hungary quits the Warsaw Pact | Greece legalises same-sex marriage
Domestic News: 16 FEB 2024 (FRI) | Year of the Dragon: 10% birth rate boost expected, says Dept. of Health | CSG Resolute departs for ally visit | Highways & Transport Dept. revives M17 Motorway project between Namchon, KX and Samming, LK
Weather: Riverfort 23/27°C | Amoy 19/21°C | Taipei 23/25°C | Namchon 13/26°C

Nogodia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nogodia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:55 pm

This RP may be of interest to me.

Some kind of sanctions and embargoes are likely if it's revealed the government ordered the hit, although the chance of a military escalation is rather low. I suppose Alsesia (that's our RP name) can serve as a very angry bystander with a very big stick they're hoping they won't have to use.
Does NOT use NS Stats. RP Name 1252-1982: Nogodrick. 0-1252 and 1982-Present: Alsesia
Nation partially represents real views.
Vaukiai wrote:I am sure that if I say everything the opposite, you don't warn me.

This forum is a jewish dictatorship.

BLASNIAENIA wrote:
Inven wrote:A major threat, especially for small islands nation like Tuvalu

Can't they move?

Munkcestrian Republic wrote:
Trixtoria wrote:
BlueSteel does NOT support the institution of slavery. We thank you for you interest.

Why not?

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:19 pm

Nacrad wrote:I'd like to join, for now we will stick to diplomatic action and extracting our citizens from there, and also offering asylum to LGBTQ+ and political dissidents. I don't see my nation invading yours, though. Info can be found in my factbooks

Application accepted. Welcome aboard!

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:21 pm

Nogodia wrote:This RP may be of interest to me.

Some kind of sanctions and embargoes are likely if it's revealed the government ordered the hit, although the chance of a military escalation is rather low. I suppose Alsesia (that's our RP name) can serve as a very angry bystander with a very big stick they're hoping they won't have to use.

Accepted. Remember to have fun!

Bolrieg
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bolrieg » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:53 am

I'll make a post in the near future, will be giving assistance to the Cassadian government however I can.

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:54 am

Bolrieg wrote:I'll make a post in the near future, will be giving assistance to the Cassadian government however I can.

Awesome, glad I can have you onboard ^_^

Faraby
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Faraby » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:11 am

Can I join? For now our actions will probably be limited to issuing a statement of condemnation and ordering any Farabian citizens in Cassadia to come home. We'll consider offering asylum to dissidents, but this will present a dilemma to our government, since we pride ourselves on the protection of dissidents but at the same time tend to look down on LGBT+ people.
Male, 21, Indonesian | Last.fm

Puppet (IC associated state) of Adab.

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. -Nelson Mandela

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:13 am

Faraby wrote:Can I join? For now our actions will probably be limited to issuing a statement of condemnation and ordering any Farabian citizens in Cassadia to come home. We'll consider offering asylum to dissidents, but this will present a dilemma to our government, since we pride ourselves on the protection of dissidents but at the same time tend to look down on LGBT+ people.

This looks like a great premise for your RP.

Accepted : D

Faraby
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Faraby » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:33 am

Can I post now, seeing that Palmyrion has posted?

No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin or his background or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite. -Nelson Mandela

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:39 am

Faraby wrote:Can I post now, seeing that Palmyrion has posted?

The culpability of the GRB has not been clearly established by law-enforcement and security service authorities.

You should keep this in mind, thus a general statement of condemnation would be more suitable than anything else.

I suggest you wait for 1-2 more posts. More or less, I'll allow for anyone who has signed up to submit their posts.

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:44 am

This seems interesting and something I'd like to join. I'm just not sure what I should do in the rp, seeing as Langenia is not at all pro-LGBT. What do you suggest, OP?
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

Faraby
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Faraby » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:45 am

Qassadia wrote:
Faraby wrote:Can I post now, seeing that Palmyrion has posted?

The culpability of the GRB has not been clearly established by law-enforcement and security service authorities.

You should keep this in mind, thus a general statement of condemnation would be more suitable than anything else.

I suggest you wait for 1-2 more posts. More or less, I'll allow for anyone who has signed up to submit their posts.

Alright then, cool cool. Keeping an eye for the next posts!

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:52 am

Langenia wrote:This seems interesting and something I'd like to join. I'm just not sure what I should do in the rp, seeing as Langenia is not at all pro-LGBT. What do you suggest, OP?

Hey glad I can have you here : )

What I would suggest is whatever you choose; you can make yourself more palatable in the eyes of the WA and the international community by condemning this act, or you can perhaps be one of the more neutral parties in this incident, calling on both sides to calm and de-escalation of this conflict.

Or you can call for international intervention to participate in the investigation of this incident. The choice is yours, and being that I am not you, in that way you can do whatever you want.

Seeing that you're a good RPer. I would be glad in seeing whatever post you put up in the IC thread.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:47 am

Qassadia wrote:
Langenia wrote:This seems interesting and something I'd like to join. I'm just not sure what I should do in the rp, seeing as Langenia is not at all pro-LGBT. What do you suggest, OP?

Hey glad I can have you here : )

What I would suggest is whatever you choose; you can make yourself more palatable in the eyes of the WA and the international community by condemning this act, or you can perhaps be one of the more neutral parties in this incident, calling on both sides to calm and de-escalation of this conflict.

Or you can call for international intervention to participate in the investigation of this incident. The choice is yours, and being that I am not you, in that way you can do whatever you want.

Seeing that you're a good RPer. I would be glad in seeing whatever post you put up in the IC thread.

Thanks! If Cassadian state involvement comes to light, I might covertly provide aid if needed to the Cassadian government.
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:58 am

Langenia wrote:
Qassadia wrote:Hey glad I can have you here : )

Thanks! If Cassadian state involvement comes to light, I might covertly provide aid if needed to the Cassadian government.

We would appreciate it IC, but we won't be in need of that other than political statements from your nation's government.

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:00 pm

Man, why are there states that would provide support to a state that outright did an act of state terrorism - and "rogue states" at that? I guess birds of the same feather flock together.

If we can prove that Cassadian government was involved in this act of terrorism, then it's Cassadian state terrorism - and therefore an act of war. And remember this quote:

"...an exercise in sadomasochistic futility," - Engaging in warfare against the Union
Last edited by Palmyrion on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:19 pm

Palmyrion wrote:Man, why are there states that would provide support to a state that outright did an act of state terrorism - and "rogue states" at that? I guess birds of the same feather flock together.

If we can prove that Cassadian government was involved in this act of terrorism, then it's Cassadian state terrorism - and therefore an act of war. And remember this quote:

"...an exercise in sadomasochistic futility," - Engaging in warfare against the Union

''As if you were not in a state of war with us, to begin with. Your nation being party to the Amistad Pact completely nullifies the case of your accusation.''
- Baron Punchev Lukov

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 pm

Qassadia wrote:
Langenia wrote:

We would appreciate it IC, but we won't be in need of that other than political statements from your nation's government.

Then I guess I'll be neutral and call for de-escalation, but I can include a secret conversation between government members that show they secretly approve.

Palmyrion wrote:Man, why are there states that would provide support to a state that outright did an act of state terrorism - and "rogue states" at that? I guess birds of the same feather flock together.

Right you are, sir, right you are!
Last edited by Langenia on Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LANGENIA

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:27 pm

Langenia wrote:
Qassadia wrote:We would appreciate it IC, but we won't be in need of that other than political statements from your nation's government.

Then I guess I'll be neutral and call for de-escalation, but I can include a secret conversation between government members that show they secretly approve.

That is the purpose of RP. Of course!

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:27 pm

I say we should de escalate tensions. Do not look at my back ground in attack LGTBQ. Don't look in my factbooks. I am totally nuetral in this

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Romextly wrote:I say we should de escalate tensions. Do not look at my back ground in attack LGTBQ. Don't look in my factbooks. I am totally nuetral in this

Same here!
LANGENIA

ORP Visby
Lobbyist

Founded: Sep 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby ORP Visby » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:22 pm

oh god oh fuck is that SETA i see there
Guided Missile Cruiser of the Visby-class. Courtesy of Ion Heavy Industries and UIS Leviathan. Check them out! They're really cool and make cool boats.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:23 pm

ORP Visby wrote:oh god oh fuck is that SETA i see there

Well, SETA will be gone

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:26 pm

Romextly wrote:
ORP Visby wrote:oh god oh fuck is that SETA i see there

Well, SETA will be gone

This statement is confirmed by the founder.
LANGENIA

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents