NATION

PASSWORD

Shadow of the Reich [AH|OOC|CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Shadow of the Reich [AH|OOC|CLOSED]

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Dec 30, 2020 3:28 pm

IC | OOC | Discord | Lore
It has been almost fifteen years since we lost the war.

Fifteen years since the Nazis dropped the bomb on D.C. Fifteen years since Germans washed up on the shores of Maine, Virginia, and Florida, hungry for a new frontier to colonize. Fifteen years since Patton shook hands with Rommel. Fifteen years since we lowered the stars and bars for the last time, and put up the swastika.

It's been fifteen years; but it feels like a god-damned eternity.
Welcome to the SHADOW OF THE REICH. This is an alternate history roleplay in which the Axis achieved victory in WWII and conquered America, establishing the vassal state known as the American Reich in place of the United States. Players will take control of a leader or citizen of the capital of New York, attempting to navigate and survive the treacherous cloak-and-dagger politics of the Reich.

How the Nazis won is not terribly important; players need not memorize any new battles, events, or timetables which turned the course of the war. All that is clearly defined is that Franklin D. Roosevelt was assassinated before he ever became President, allowing the Great Depression to ravage America all the way until 1947, when Nazi "liberators" took control of the continent.

Now it is 1961, and the Reich has firmly entrenched itself in America. Hitler's health wanes with every passing day, and a power struggle is virtually assured once he passes. The American lieutenants of the Reich must brace themselves to endure the impending crisis, and perhaps gamble by aligning themselves with one of the Führer's hopeful heirs, Himmler, Göring, Goebbels, or Bormann. All the while, sedition boils beneath the Reich's surface, and the tighter Germany grips America, the more tenuous her grasp becomes.
Flag:
Head of State: Reichsführer George Lincoln Rockwell
Capital: New York
Population: ~125,000,000
Territory: Continental United States, with the border between the American Reich and the neutral zone drawn roughly from the Texas Panhandle to North Dakota.
Anthem: America the Beautiful
Motto: "One People, One Nation, One Leader"

Founded in 1947 from the rubble of WWII, the American Reich now stands as a testament to the indomitability of Adolf Hitler's New Order. Through sheer force of will, Germany conquered the arsenal of democracy— and what's more, she subdued it. The spirit of resistance, of liberty and freedom, of hatred of tyranny, which was thought so inextricable from America was crushed, siphoned from the people as pus from an infection. That, even more than the enthrallment of Russia and the rape of Africa, became the crowning jewel of Hitler's laurels.

Many millions of Americans welcomed the Nazi jackboot. In exchange for their freedoms, for the disappearance of their Jewish and homosexual and black neighbors, they received security, deliverance from the decades of economic peril which had scourged the nation. Within a few years, many patriotic Americans were scorning the petulant days of "democracy" and praising the righteous order which Hitler had established. Resistance continued, of course, but quite quickly it lost enthusiasm, the raging fire stamped to flickering embers. And swiftly the Reich's fist tightened over America.

Society was molded at every level to mirror the German Reich. Historical revisionism, eugenics, phrenology, and all manner of pseudo-sciences were brought into the classroom, and as the first generation of Americans born under Reich rule comes of age, it is clear that their loyalty to the Führer exceeds the fanatical. Christianity was solidified into a single church and syncretized with Nazism, so that to be a good Christian was to be a rabid Nazi. The swastika became ubiquitous, a symbol of hope and strength rather than evil, plastered upon every banner, lectern, street post, and office door.

It was clear that the Reich was here to stay.

But all of these military parades, these orators shouting of the impregnability of the American Reich against any foe within or without, belie the nation's true nature. Behind the iron façade, behind closed doors and armed guards, it is nothing more than a ladder whose every rail and rung threaten to snap. As in Europe, divide and conquer politics prevail, with the Reichsführer, Lincoln Rockwell, setting his subordinates against each other in the hope that they will not rally against him. The scarcest currency of all in America is trust: trust that your superior won't throw you away like a cigarette butt once he's got what he wanted from you; trust that Hitler won't order your execution in one of his mad fits; trust that your family doctor won't report your non-Aryan skull shape to the SS; trust that your kids won't turn you in for forgetting to say "Heil Hitler!" before dinner last Thursday; trust that living another moment in this god-forsaken world is better than dying.
It is 1961, and Hitler's New Order is firmly established. In Europe, Germany reigns supreme, all other Axis partners reduced to client states of the Reich. Tales of the glories of German colonization of the East are occasionally trumpeted to America, but these reports neglect to mention the unending war, the industrial slaughter, the ceaseless devastation which continues to rage at the feet of the Urals as the Nazis endeavor to wipe out the Slavs. Africa and the Middle East lie barren, testing grounds for the Reich's most horrific experiments, future Lebensraum for the Aryans of the next century.

The Führer is a wisp of his former self, a sickly, seventy-year-old madman one coughing fit away from either dropping dead or starting a nuclear war. Already his lieutenants jockey for the position of heir presumptive; Bormann is Hitler's favorite, but lacks the power base of Himmler, Göring, or Goebbels, all contenders for the swastika throne. Even the officers of the far-flung American Reich must decide on which of these four horsemen to gamble, and quickly. The only thing that is certain is that one of them will secure power, and that the transition will be swift, brutal, and merciless to any who chose poorly.

As for the East, the Empire of Japan maintains a looser grip on its hemisphere, preferring to oversee rather than integrate. Asia, Australia, and the West Coast of the Americas remain in the Emperor's palm, but they come ever closer to slipping through his fingers. Whereas the Reich conceals its vulnerabilities beneath a mask of steel, those of Japan are on full display— which only entices the faction within the Reich that wishes to forsake the old alliance and become the sole power on Earth. After all, the Reich feeds on war, and it has long been hungry.
  • Standard roleplay etiquette applies. Do not control others' characters, be respectful and considerate toward others, abide by staff rulings, make posts of substance, etc. If you're applying to this roleplay, I expect you to have this down pat.
  • This is a character roleplay, not a nation roleplay. You will be controlling primarily an individual person maneuvering the political landscape of the American Reich, a Nazi puppet state installed in the aftermath of an Axis victory in WWII. You may also control NPCs where appropriate, up to the size of a moderate faction (no more than 100 people unless permission has been granted otherwise).
  • The roleplay will primarily focus on the capital of the American Reich, New York. Other locations may be used, but should be restricted to North America.
  • Make it clear that you disagree with Nazism. No adulation of Nazism will be tolerated unless it is contained within the IC thread; even then, it should be made clear that, while a given character may believe in it, it is a reprehensible ideology.
  • Never post graphic descriptions of violence or sex in the roleplay. Nazism facilitated many, many terrible things, and while, by all means, these should be referenced and alluded to within the roleplay, descriptions of these events should be left as bare as possible.
  • Time will move based on the needs of the players. Feel free to alter the timescale, back- or forward-dating posts as needed for storytelling purposes.
  • This roleplay's setting is heavily inspired by the television adaption of Philip K. Dick's The Man in the High Castle, but it is not a perfect mirror of that work; do not assume that anything canon in that setting is canon here.
  • The single most important rule: Do not play to win. Play to tell a good story. Roleplay is inherently collaborative; it is not a competitive sport. Treat it as such.
This roleplay will focus on the plots, betrayals, and conspiracies of the top officials within the American Reich, specifically those concentrated in the Reich's capital, New York (Reichshauptstadt Amerika). However, other types of characters are also welcome: resistance leaders will be highly valued as plot drivers, and average citizens bearing witness to and occasionally intervening in the story.

When creating your character, ensure that: his/her loyalties are clearly defined (if those loyalties are muddled, all the better, but make sure to explain why); he/she is tied to the heart of the story, i.e. the conspiracies of the American Reich government; and, like any good character, that he/she has concrete goals and ambitions.

Another note: both original characters and real historical figures will be accepted. One of the most interesting aspects of alternate history is exploring how the movers and shakers of our timeline would have acted had things turned out differently. Below is a selected list of important Americans of the 40s, 50s, and 60s, all of whom could have realistically made a name for themselves in this timeline. Included is their significance to our real-life timeline as well as links to their Wikipedia articles. This list is non-exhaustive; all entries are only suggestions, and other historical persons are welcome. Most wanted characters:
  • Minister of Defense for the American Reich
  • German Ambassador to the American Reich
  • Japanese Ambassador to the American Reich
  • German/Japanese/Resistance Spy
  • Leader of the American Hitler Youth
  • Minister of Justice for the American Reich
  • American Wehrmacht officers
  • American SS officer
  • Police/Gestapo inspector
  • Journalist/publisher/broadcaster/propagandist

APPLICATION
Delete all text in italics, bitte.
Code: Select all
[spoiler=Character Application]PLAYER INFORMATION
[b]Preferred NS Name:[/b]
[b]Roleplay Sample:[/b] [i]A link directly to a post which showcases formatting, proper spelling and grammar, and decent skill at character writing. Links to topics at large will not be considered.[/i]
[b]Have you read the OP in its entirety?[/b]
GENERAL INFORMATION
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Sexual Orientation:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] [i]Written description mandatory; inclusion of a photo is encouraged.[/i]
[b]Residence:[/b]
[b]Occupation:[/b]
[b]Family:[/b]
[b]Religion:[/b]
PSYCHOLOGICAL INFORMATION
[b]Greatest fear?[/b]
[b]Most intimate ambition?[/b]
[b]Loyalty?[/b]
[b]Three defining traits:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i]Any other quirks yet to be mentioned.[/i]
BIOGRAPHY
[i]Insert biography.[/i][/spoiler]
My application, which may be used as an example (note: applications need not be written in first-person; use whatever format with which you're most comfortable):
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Capile
Roleplay Sample: viewtopic.php?p=37109631#p37109631
Have you read the OP in its entirety? Yes
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: "George Lincoln Rockwell, but that's 'Reichsführer' to you."
Age: "Forty-three, and for Christ's sake don't remind me."
Sex: "There isn't a finer example of a man this side of the Atlantic."
Sexual Orientation: "What kind of a man doesn't like pretty women? I stay faithful to my wife, of course, but really, what's the harm in a bit of flirting? ...All right, just between the two of us, the only reason I go to Reich functions anymore is for the charming young debutantes New York keeps sending my way."
Ethnicity: "As Aryan as they come, out here, anyways. Good Anglo stock from my father, German on my mother's side. Go ahead and measure my cranium if you don't believe me."
Appearance: Face
Uniform
"I played football in high school, and they don't take just anyone. Tall and broad-shouldered, that's a Rockwell man. And this— you don't see a mug like this everyday, certainly not in politics. Oh, this old thing— saw an officer smoking one once, thought it looked swell. And now you won't find a cartoon of me anywhere in the country without a pipe, ha!"
Residence: "Oh, I have homes up and down the Seaboard. Never know when you need a getaway. But I mostly keep to my suite in New York. Can't wander too far from the action."
Occupation: "What the fuck do you think? Read the placard outside my office, read my insignia, read any fucking newspaper in the world! Reichsführer of the American Reich."
Family: "Between you and me, Wanda isn't my first wife. Don't let the press get ahold of that, they'll have a fucking field day."
Religion: "Let's be honest with ourselves, who actually believes that hogwash they preach in the Reich Churches? Christianity's nothing more than a Semitic Ponzi scheme, and good on the Reich for putting it to use, but I'll take science over some Jewish Jehovah nonsense any day."
Greatest fear? "Getting awfully personal, aren't we? Well, who the hell doesn't fear the business end of a P-38? I'm comfortable where I am, and I'll do anything to stay here, and that's all I'm saying."
Most intimate ambition? "I've met it, at forty-three. What a world, eh? Not much to do once you're on top, except to hold on to it for dear life, and fuck over anybody who wants to push you off and take your place. Oh, and bringing Canada into the Reich would be a nice addition for the old CV."
Loyalty? "...Listen, I love the Führer as much as any other American, but, and this is off the record... Once he croaks, the whole Reich is going to hell in a hand-basket. It'll be every man for himself. And I'm sure as hell not going down without a fight."
Three defining traits: "I'm charming— how else do you think I got this job? I can talk anyone into or out of anything, and that's just fact. And I can make a damn good speech. The public loves me, I'm the American Führer for Christ's sake. Granted, maybe I could pay a bit more attention to the paperwork, if you believe the efficiency reports... But in all honesty, who the hell really cares?"
Personality: "We gonna finish this fucking interview or what? Next question."
BIOGRAPHY
"I was born in Illinois and raised on the East Coast, a good ol' American boy through and through. Went to Brown for two years but dropped out for a commission in the Navy— hard work and discipline are better than a Communist education, that's for sure. Flew for the old America in the Pacific Theater, damned good pilot, even better officer. Got married in '43, she was a real beautiful woman but God did her parents bring her up wrong.

"Everything changed, of course, in December of '45, when that first bomb dropped, and then when the first Germans arrived in January. I could see that the Union was bust, so I accepted the Führer's generous offer, traded in my commander's scrambled eggs for an Oberst's wreathes in the Luftwaffe. At the time it was pragmatic, I'll admit; but soon I looked around and said, 'Well God damn, the Nazis are doing a better job than Wilkie!'

"I started attending those NSDAP meetings they were advertising like crazy, digging into the meat and potatoes of the ideology, not the propaganda we were spoon-fed during the war. And I was impressed. I mean, here was a man who conquered the God damn world. Surely he had something worth listening to! I read the copy of Mein Kampf I got with my armband— you know, when we first surrendered— and as soon as I closed it, I knew, this was my life. This was something worth living for.

"So I started climbing the Party ranks. I really took off when I won a trip to Berlin in '52— met the Führer and everything. We hit it off, and before you know it, I'm Chief of the Luftwaffe in North America, Göring's right-hand man. And then when the Reichsführer spot opened up in '57— well, it all just happened, like magic, if you believe in that SS shit. And I've had a pretty good term so far, Hitler and Göring and all the big wigs over in Welthauptstadt Germania or however the hell you pronounce it, well, they're plenty pleased. I've worked for this position, and God damn any sonuvabitch who tries to take it from me."
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:02 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:44 pm

REICH
  • George Lincoln Rockwell
    American Reichsführer
    The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile [OP]
    The American Führer. The tin-pot dictator of a silver-platter dictatorship; a charmer governed by self-preservation, self-aggrandizement, and self-indulgence in place of a moral compass, who finds himself hopelessly out of depth at the head of the Reich. A man ill-suited to weather the gathering storm, but with the panache to come out on the other side sleeker than ever.
  • Connor Mill
    American Heer Generaloberst
    New United States of Columbia
    Recently assigned as commander of anti-partisan activities in Operation Zone Reichhauptstadt. An officer blind to his own efficacy, perhaps because of the clouds of cigarette smoke which so often surround him. A regretful, tormented man whose stirrings of sentimental patriotism threaten to compromise his self-preservation. A competent, pragmatic, disillusioned realist trapped in his nightmare.
  • Moritz von Waldburg
    SS-Obersturmbannführer and Chief Aide of the Reichsführer
    Flowerdell
    Foremost aide to the Reichsführer. An efficient, prideful, and guarded young man whose dedication and phenotype promise a long and glorious career in the Reich. A shining exemplar of the Aryan race Himmler seeks to perfect— but not without his secrets.
  • Kenneth Hatfield
    Reichsminister of Propaganda
    Taridaria
    The mouthpiece of the Reich, burdened with the task of indoctrinating every American man, woman, and child, of turning lie into truth and truth into lie. A careful, troubled materialist whose proximity to the ugly heart of the Reich has turned him against it. A double agent whose loyalty to the resistance is predicated more on a guilty conscience than patriotism.
  • Georgina Rockwell
    First Daughter of the Reich
    Khasinkonia
    Eldest child of the Reichsführer and well-maintained symbol of the American Reich's youth at large. A precocious, effusive young lady whose fascination with forbidden knowledge overpowers her indoctrination and thrusts her father into a singular position of vulnerability.
  • Anton Dahlgren
    SS-Hauptsturmführer
    Bingellia
    Junior officer in the prestigious Waffen-SS Fritz Julius Kuhn Division. An efficient soldier, committed Nazi, and model Aryan. Ultimately, one of millions of cogs in the Reich machine, turning endlessly and unerringly.
  • Howard Hughes
    Reichsminister of Production and Civil Aviation
    Greater Confederacy of Commonwealth States
    An eccentric billionaire with a penchant for aviation who bought his way into the Reich elite. A willing collaborator who has realized that his profits are far higher and his workers far quieter under the New Order than the old, and so has no intention of allowing the Reich to crumble.
  • Karl Traeger
    Gestapo Inspector
    The United Federation of Terrans
    A man who has prosecuted atrocities from Inverness to Moscow in the name of the Reich. Brutally efficient and callously amoral, he has presided over the interrogation, torture, and murder of thousands. Only now, transferred to America, does the horror begin to percolate within him.
  • Adolf Weissmann
    German Heer Generaloberst
    New Decius
    The liaison between the American Reichsführer and the German military. A cold-blooded officer who shares his practiced poker face, secretive drinking problem, and loathing of inefficiency with a significant portion of the German General Staff. A German whose revulsion with Nazism has been corked for thirty years, and might explode at any moment.
  • Holde Goebbels
    Filmmaker
    Fascist Republic of Bermuda
    An aspiring auteur currently in the service of the American Reich's Ministry of Propaganda. Scion of the Goebbels dynasty, she has always felt overshadowed, and longs to make her own mark on the disfigured world. A spoiled brat utterly ignorant of the monstrosity she abets.
  • Jack Kerouac
    Propagandist and Resistance Oracle
    Augusticinia
    The intellectual vanguard of a movement that never materialized. A Bohemian whose high-minded ideals are vulgarized by his craven tendency toward self-preservation. A double agent balancing on the needle-thin bridge between long-lived conformity and mortal rebellion.
  • Donald Rumsfeld
    Reichsminister of Defense
    The Vaktovian Empire
    A skilled wayfinder in the Nazi-eat-Nazi government, Rockwell's chief enforcer and right-hand man. A stoic soldier of few words and many secrets, whose charming exterior belies the American Machiavelli beneath.
  • Strom Thurmond
    Grand Dragon of the Ku Klux Klan
    Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
    An arch-collaborator whose sympathy to the Reich damned millions of his countrymen to early deaths. A committed and vile racist whose Southern sensibilities were nonetheless offended by the efficient and callous genocide the Nazis began, he seeks absolution in saving what lives he can, but is unlikely to find it.
  • Cecilia Detter
    New Papan
    A vain and vapid German starlet whose greatest fear in this nightmarish world is a few wrinkle lines. A willing collaborator in Goebbels' propaganda powerhouse whose distance from the Reich's macabre underbelly begets loyalty.
RESISTANCE
  • CONTROL
    Leader of the New York City Resistance
    Reverend Norv
    The mysterious, meticulous architect of the New York City resistance, single-handedly responsible for its efficacy and survival in the face of all odds, not to mention the deaths of more than a few Nazis and the gray hairs of all the others. An enigma, unknown and unknowable to everyone from his mother to his subordinates to the Director of the Gestapo. A man with no tangible past, no dream for the future, and only one, inexorable objective: the destruction of the American Reich, and at any imaginable cost.
  • John Kleinmann
    New York City Resistance operative
    Bolslania
    A man with no choice but to fight until his last breath against the regime. A half-cynic, half-idealist Jew with no delusions about how the world works but dreams as to how it should. A front-line soldier of the resistance whose everything has been taken by the Reich, he has no scruples when it comes to exacting his revenge.
OTHER
  • Thomas Hoffman
    Student
    Alozia
    A good-natured, if somewhat callow, young man. Just old enough to escape the Reich's systematic indoctrination, and just young enough to cling to quotixicism. One of many his age who still believe in America, and who are idealistic enough to fight for her; a future footsoldier of the revolution.
  • Edward Clarendon
    Luxury Goods Importer
    Reverend Norv
    The purveyor of every extravagance, from fine wine to luxury cars, to the elite of the Reich. A man so modest, unassuming, and law-abiding as to be below Reich scrutiny, even if he does rub elbows with the rich and powerful on a daily basis.
  • Ardeshir Zahedi
    Ambassador of Iran to the American Reich
    Sanabel
    A proud, cultured Persian aristocrat with a tendency toward the ostentatious. An honorary Aryan whose appointment was largely seen as an evacuation from the increasingly volatile politics of his homeland, though he may find himself in just as precarious a position in the heart of the Reich.
  • Walt Disney
    Ambassador of the Pacific States to the American Reich
    Benuty
    Emperor of a corporate realm built on dreams and Americana. An exile from one autocracy to another, sowing seeds of democratic idealism in every ideological furrow he passes. The architect of one of many possible futures for the nation.
  • Victoria Dahlgren
    Wife of Anton Dahlgren, née Mills
    A domestic Hausfrau with a lust for power and a wheedling hold over her husband. A deceptively innocent and utterly opportunistic adherent to Nazism whose capacity to kill should not be misjudged.
  • Ozzy Burgess
    Nightclub proprietor
    Ameriganastan
    An obstinate and underhanded man who embraces every slur hurled at him by the Reich's propagandists, and has whetted his weakness into strength. More blackmail has never passed through a single pair of hands.
  • John F. Kennedy
    Editor of the Boston Globe
    Yaana Noore
    The dashing heir to a prominent family of collaborators. A charismatic philanderer whose compulsion for civic service and revulsion for the Reich leave him rudderless, he could be an agent of good or another cog in the Nazi machine; only time will tell.
  • Patrick FitzGerald
    Smuggler
    St George Territory
    The black market personified, an Irish-born enemy of authority with long-standing connections to New York's criminal underbelly. A recent brush with the Reich's indiscriminate brutality has spurred him to a higher purpose than simple rule-flouting. An invaluable future ally to the Resistance.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Mon Jan 25, 2021 10:09 pm, edited 14 times in total.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:12 pm

Bump / Reserved Space.

The Wanderer

Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Dec 31, 2020 1:59 pm

Interesting! I’ll look at an app tomorrow.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:36 pm

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:Interesting! I’ll look at an app tomorrow.
Look forward to seeing what you'll come up with, GCCS! I'd be happy to have you on board.

The Wanderer

Ambassador

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New United States of Columbia » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:52 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Columbia
Roleplay Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=462824&p=35777415#p35777415
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: “General Connor Mill, as my name tag ought to let ya know.”
Age: “Well, I’m not a spring chicken and can vaguely recall the end of the Great War, you do the math.”
Sex: “Do I look like a chick?”
Sexual Orientation: “I had three kids, what do you fucking think!? Ah, ya want some details, eh? Well, Valor is the eldest son and seems to be a smart lad. Should make a good engineer if ya ask me. Victoria’s my daughter, she should be... about twenty-two. She’s now married to an SS officer and seems to be doing well for herself. Hope he’s got a strong will and mind or, I bet, she’ll effortless manipulate that poor son of a bitch like a Marionette. She’s got a sharp tongue and an even shrewder mind. As for Amanda... she’ll be causing me headaches with her antics in school lately.”
Ethnicity: “Only thing more Anglo than me is the Brits.”
Appearance: “About average height wise, but thick in the arms and legs though not all of it muscle. Hair is regulation cut and you can tell I’m green eyed. Not gonna lie, got a bit of a limp thanks to that car crash. Keeps me tied to a desk...”
Residence: “New England, where there are more trees than people.”
Occupation: “Amerikan Wehrmacht Officer, or you miss the uniform?”
Family: “Divorced... bitch. Shoulda known after my various stresses she’d go for those shiny skull cap bastards. At least the judge let me see the kids on the weekend.”
Religion: “Well, like all good citizens I go to the Reich Church every Sunday. But, I’ll be honest, I only do it just because it’s mandatory for officers and it’s sometimes a decent social event. Nothing more.”
Greatest fear? “After that car wreck by in ‘55, that’s the last way I’d like to die, trapped in a metal box... Christ that’s horrific to imagine.”
Most intimate ambition? “Just between us, I kinda miss when we didn’t Heil the Fürher every morning or have to be checked to make sure our papers were in order. I made a stupid mistake, and it’s one that’s cost me greatly.”
Loyalty? “Lemme put it like this: Everyone’s a Patriot when the sun is shining and food is plentiful. When it’s dark and cold and your stomach has been growling for days on end, you side with whoever gives you a scrap.”
Three defining traits: “Doc says smoking burns holes in my lung. I say better holes in the lung than holes in the head. Thanks to the limp I’m not exactly field active but I’m still fairly smart at tactical applications, so I got some brains going for me. Good thing I stopped hitting the sauce. I wasn’t joking when I said I traded one voice for another. Used to be I drank like a fish, now it’s smoke like a chimney. Cigs and smoking aren’t exactly encouraged nowadays so... yeah. Gotta make ‘friends’ for the good shit like that or banned books.”
Personality: “Depending on who ya ask I’m either a diligent worker who always gets the paperwork done rightly and timely or I’m a bigger bastard than Benedetto. Y'know. The bastard bastard? Count of Monte Cristo? Doesn't anyone read anything besides Mein Kampf these days?!"
BIOGRAPHY
“Was born around when The Great War, as it was known then, ended. Spent a fair bit of time with Pa at his general store and learning the ins and outs of the trade while Ma worked as secretary. One day, as I was stocking goods, I found one of Pa’s old books on the Civil War. I read it and was utterly fascinated and engrossed, especially with the various colorful pictures of uniforms and battles. Helped get the idea of military service in my head. So, life continued like that for a bit and then the Great Depression hit. Business began to dry up and with the idea of service still in my head I joined the local ROTC unit. Passed its tests and training and soon became an officer and slowly climbed the ranks. During my time I got injured and was tended to by a pretty young nurse. We chatted while I was in the hospital and soon we began to go out before eventually becoming married. Service goes on and we start having children, a boy and a girl with a third planned but postponed since we were having food shortages. Then... I’ll never forget the day the bomb fell on Washington. You can understand I was horror struck by the news. It was partially what pushed me to defecting. When I met with fellow officers and their staff to discuss if we should defect or fight for our country no matter how hopeless and bleak it was, I knew I would be defecting and hoped many would to, cause I knew our first assignment would be to hunt down and kill those who rejected the Reich.

After we joined I got a shining commission in the Wehrmacht and my first mission was exactly that.

Afterwards I was assigned to the Operationszone Neuengland, the OKW figured it’d be best to have a native handle large security details there. It was around this time the nightmares from the meeting and mission combined with stress of constant paperwork drove my wife to seek out some SS Oberstdturmführer, then divorce my ass, so forgive me if I’m none too friendly with those black visor caps. That was back in ‘55, and that was when I joined some overseas soldiers for a drink... or twenty at some local bar-or beerhall in Boston. I’m amazed I didn’t die in the car crash. Just got a helluva limo that’s got me permanently stuck in headquarters. So, after that crash woke me from the miserable state I was in, figured it’d be best to get back in the game. So I quit the sauce and, seeing as I wouldn’t be in the field, figured I had to do something to stop from going stir crazy at HQ. So, when I found some of Pa’s old books, I figured I’d read on occasion to keep the brain occupied. So I did. Then I finished my first book and started another one. And then another one and another one and so on. Soon all of ‘em were gone through and, well, it got me thinking about those banned texts. That and my new habit of smoking gave me cause to use my intel and position to... find illicit stuff... purely for job requirements, you know. Figure out what the insurgents would be publishing and selling to get funds, ya know. So, here I am, day after day reviewing AARs, assigning various patrols and security details and garrisons to where they need to be, from Boston, Massachusetts, to the U-Boat base and production facilities in Groton, Connecticut and the various harbors in Maine. That’s how life goes, find patterns of suspicious or overt rebel activity and send necessary forces to discourage it at best, or end it at worst. That’s what I do. Gotta be doing something right to get the post of Operationszone Neuengland commander. Maybe High Command does read those damn efficiency reports. Or maybe the krauts just think I’d be a good drinking Buddy or think some rustic trooper would be a cute addition to their circles. Who knows and who cares. I just want to do my job and do it well. Anyways, recently I’ve been hearing rumors from the grapevine that OKW might be reassigning me to serve under the New York sector. Might get to meet Rockwell, heh. Wonder if he ever has regrets or second thoughts...
Last edited by New United States of Columbia on Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:06 pm, edited 5 times in total.
http://i.imgur.com/l5GAwrs.jpg
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature!

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Dec 31, 2020 8:26 pm

New United States of Columbia wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Columbia
Roleplay Sample: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=462824&p=35777415#p35777415
GENERAL INFORMATION
Name: “General Connor Mill, as my name tag ought to let ya know.”
Age: “Well, I’m not a spring chicken and can vaguely recall the end of the Great War, you do the math.”
Sex: “Do I look like a chick?”
Sexual Orientation: “I had three kids, what do you fucking think!? Ah, ya want some details, eh? Well, Valor is the eldest son and seems to be a smart lad. Should make a good engineer if ya ask me. Victoria’s my daughter, she should be... about twenty-two. She’s now married to an SS officer and seems to be doing well for herself. Hope he’s got a strong will and mind or, I bet, she’ll effortless manipulate that poor son of a bitch like a Marionette. She’s got a sharp tongue and an even shrewder mind. As for Amanda... she’ll be causing me headaches with her antics in school lately.”
Ethnicity: “Only thing more Anglo than me is the Brits.”
Appearance: “About average height wise, but thick in the arms and legs though not all of it muscle. Hair is regulation cut and you can tell I’m green eyed. Not gonna lie, got a bit of a limp thanks to that car crash. Keeps me tied to a desk...”
Residence: “New England, where there are more trees than people.”
Occupation: “Amerikan Wehrmacht Officer, or you miss the uniform?”
Family: “Divorced... bitch. Shoulda known after my various stresses she’d go for those shiny skull cap bastards. At least the judge let me see the kids on the weekend.”
Religion: “Well, like all good citizens I go to the Reich Church every Sunday. But, I’ll be honest, I only do it just because it’s mandatory for officers and it’s sometimes a decent social event. Nothing more.”
Greatest fear? “After that car wreck by in ‘55, that’s the last way I’d like to die, trapped in a metal box... Christ that’s horrific to imagine.”
Most intimate ambition? “Just between us, I kinda miss when we didn’t Heil the Fürher every morning or have to be checked to make sure our papers were in order. I made a stupid mistake, and it’s one that’s cost me greatly.”
Loyalty? “Lemme put it like this: Everyone’s a Patriot when the sun is shining and food is plentiful. When it’s dark and cold and your stomach has been growling for days on end, you side with whoever gives you a scrap.”
Three defining traits: “Doc says smoking burns holes in my lung. I say better holes in the lung than holes in the head. Thanks to the limp I’m not exactly field active but I’m still fairly smart at tactical applications, so I got some brains going for me. Good thing I stopped hitting the sauce. I wasn’t joking when I said I traded one voice for another. Used to be I drank like a fish, now it’s smoke like a chimney. Cigs and smoking aren’t exactly encouraged nowadays so... yeah. Gotta make ‘friends’ for the good shit like that or banned books.”
Personality: “Depending on who ya ask I’m either a diligent worker who always gets the paperwork done rightly and timely or I’m a bigger bastard than Benedetto. Y'know. The bastard bastard? Count of Monte Cristo? Doesn't anyone read anything besides Mein Kampf these days?!"
BIOGRAPHY
“Was born around when The Great War, as it was known then, ended. Spent a fair bit of time with Pa at his general store and learning the ins and outs of the trade while Ma worked as secretary. One day, as I was stocking goods, I found one of Pa’s old books on the Civil War. I read it and was utterly fascinated and engrossed, especially with the various colorful pictures of uniforms and battles. Helped get the idea of military service in my head. So, life continued like that for a bit and then the Great Depression hit. Business began to dry up and with the idea of service still in my head I joined the local ROTC unit. Passed its tests and training and soon became an officer and slowly climbed the ranks. During my time I got injured and was tended to by a pretty young nurse. We chatted while I was in the hospital and soon we began to go out before eventually becoming married. Service goes on and we start having children, a boy and a girl with a third planned but postponed since we were having food shortages. Then... I’ll never forget the day the bomb fell on Washington. You can understand I was horror struck by the news. It was partially what pushed me to defecting. When I met with fellow officers and their staff to discuss if we should defect or fight for our country no matter how hopeless and bleak it was, I knew I would be defecting and hoped many would to, cause I knew our first assignment would be to hunt down and kill those who rejected the Reich.

After we joined I got a shining commission in the Wehrmacht and my first mission was exactly that.

Afterwards I was assigned to the Operationszone Neuengland, the OKW figured it’d be best to have a native handle large security details there. It was around this time the nightmares from the meeting and mission combined with stress of constant paperwork drove my wife to seek out some SS Oberstdturmführer, then divorce my ass, so forgive me if I’m none too friendly with those black visor caps. That was back in ‘55, and that was when I joined some overseas soldiers for a drink... or twenty at some local bar-or beerhall in Boston. I’m amazed I didn’t die in the car crash. Just got a helluva limo that’s got me permanently stuck in headquarters. So, after that crash woke me from the miserable state I was in, figured it’d be best to get back in the game. So I quit the sauce and, seeing as I wouldn’t be in the field, figured I had to do something to stop from going stir crazy at HQ. So, when I found some of Pa’s old books, I figured I’d read on occasion to keep the brain occupied. So I did. Then I finished my first book and started another one. And then another one and another one and so on. Soon all of ‘em were gone through and, well, it got me thinking about those banned texts. That and my new habit of smoking gave me cause to use my intel and position to... find illicit stuff... purely for job requirements, you know. Figure out what the insurgents would be publishing and selling to get funds, ya know. So, here I am, day after day reviewing AARs, assigning various patrols and security details and garrisons to where they need to be, from Boston, Massachusetts, to the U-Boat base and production facilities in Groton, Connecticut and the various harbors in Maine. That’s how life goes, find patterns of suspicious or overt rebel activity and send necessary forces to discourage it at best, or end it at worst. That’s what I do. Gotta be doing something right to get the post of Operationszone Neuengland commander. Maybe High Command does read those damn efficiency reports. Or maybe the krauts just think I’d be a good drinking Buddy or think some rustic trooper would be a cute addition to their circles. Who knows and who cares. I just want to do my job and do it well. Anyways, recently I’ve been hearing rumors from the grapevine that OKW might be reassigning me to serve under the New York sector. Might get to meet Rockwell, heh. Wonder if he ever has regrets or second thoughts...
Accepted. Mill has been added to the dramatis personae.

The Wanderer

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:06 am

Think I will throw some interest in!

Would Mr Rockwell want an Aide-de-camp/Adjutant perhaps?

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:42 pm

Flowerdell wrote:Think I will throw some interest in!

Would Mr Rockwell want an Aide-de-camp/Adjutant perhaps?
That would be a great role to fill, yes! Martin Bormann has already shown us how much influence a chief of staff can accrue by virtue of schmoozing and controlling the flow of information in and out of the Führer's office.

The Wanderer

Taridaria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Taridaria » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:12 pm

I have not actually finished the show - but I really liked the beginnings of Man in the High Castle. So yeah - I would like to throw my hat in. Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda of some sort... maybe with some ties to the rebel scum? Maybe make some subversive or whistle blowing motions with my position. Publicly all sleazy and horrible and privately an actual human being with a cyanide pill at the ready 24/7 - greying from stress prematurely. Unless you are in need of anything else. Of course.

Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:28 pm

I'm going with the Minister for Production and Civil Aviation... Something of a cross between Göring and Speer, in a sence. A wealthy industrialist who is mostly into the movement because of the union busting, but who also is personally mad about aircraft, and who needs the personal freedom the ministry gives him to build his best designs.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 2:34 pm

Taridaria wrote:I have not actually finished the show - but I really liked the beginnings of Man in the High Castle. So yeah - I would like to throw my hat in. Reich Ministry of Public Enlightenment and Propaganda of some sort... maybe with some ties to the rebel scum? Maybe make some subversive or whistle blowing motions with my position. Publicly all sleazy and horrible and privately an actual human being with a cyanide pill at the ready 24/7 - greying from stress prematurely. Unless you are in need of anything else. Of course.
Very interesting idea, go right ahead!
Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States wrote:I'm going with the Minister for Production and Civil Aviation... Something of a cross between Göring and Speer, in a sence. A wealthy industrialist who is mostly into the movement because of the union busting, but who also is personally mad about aircraft, and who needs the personal freedom the ministry gives him to build his best designs.
Also intriguing! I overlooked the influence that American business tycoons would have on the Reich, but I’d be very glad to see that rectified with your character.

The Wanderer

Flowerdell
Envoy

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Flowerdell » Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:52 pm

PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Flowerdell
Roleplay Sample: Sample

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: "Moritz Sigmund Christoph von Waldburg, if it pleases you."
Sex: "I am a son. Proud to be so."
Sexual Orientation: "Excuse me? What kind of a question is that? Do you expect me to answer horses? I have important duties that I must attend, you know. I do not have to answer these impetuous questions. Now, was there something serious you wished to ask?" *shuffles uncomfortably*
Ethnicity: "Aryan. Germanic. As the Führer intended. As a member of the SS, how could I be anything else?"
Appearance: Link to Face

"I have completed all of the necessary programs, and was awarded for my exceptional service to the Hitlerjugend. I have also won many medals for swimming contests, many of which I used to perform in with zeal. To serve the Fatherland is my goal in life, and with that comes a fierce dedication to keep myself fit and active. Otherwise I am useless to my fellow man. As such I also shun alcohol and other vices such as smoking. Pretty basic stuff, all things considered."

Residence: "I have a residence in the suburbs of New York. When not in the city proper, working for the Reichsführer, I stay there. Otherwise I have my own apartment near the HQ. Close enough to get there within a 10 minute walk if necessary. My wife and I stay there more often than not."
Occupation: "This is ridiculous, you know? If you must be blind, I am SS-Obersturmbannführer Moritz von Waldenburg, aide to Reichsführer. As I have told you. As it says on my badge. As it says on my office door. As it says on your papers. Next."
Family: "My father is now retired. Though he is an undisputed hero of the Reich. He was noted for being the first German commander to set foot into this very city, leading a regiment of the Heer down from the landing in Boston to the north. His service during the war was exemplary and has allowed my family to live a comfortable life. My mother was a socialite in the city before the invasion. American. She was in France before the war began, settled with my father there for a time, until service called him forward. An admirable woman who works for the Reich just as much as my father. As for siblings, I have a little brother and an elder sister. My brother is following the same path I once did, and my sister is married to an officer in the Wehrmacht. We represent Americas future. Then there is my wife. It was a quick marriage, on the recommendation of other figures I trust and respect. I love and appreciate her as much as any husband should, and she performs her duties well. We have yet to produce children."
Religion: "I hold to the tenets of Catholicism. Like my father before me."

Greatest fear? "What is that of interest to you? What is there for me to fear? But if you are serious...I have....nothing, really. Nothing. Other than a stupid worry that our nations prosperity will somehow waver. Are we nearly done?"
Most intimate ambition? "Who doesn't want to rise to the highest level of public service? Maybe one day, even a post in Berlin. That would be the dream. Though we must all serve in our own way, yes? It's not as simple as ambitions are made to seem. We all have a place within the hierarchy we have to adhere to."
Loyalty? "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer! My unquestioned loyalty is to the Führer, Adolf Hitler, and future he has won for us. That loyalty extends to the institutions and people he dictates are worthy"
Three defining traits: "I'm efficient. Damn right I am. I'm also fit, could get knocked down by a bull and still get up. A third? I have it where it counts. Being analytical in my job might be the single most important thing in the world."
Personality: "I like ice cream and enjoy Fanta. Are we finally done with this?"

BIOGRAPHY

"As the file indicates, I was born in Elsaß-Lothringen on March 4th 1938. The year before the war began. At that point, my father was just recently married to my mother. A journalist from America at the time, reporting on the growing tensions along the border with France. When she met my father, they fell in love, quickly eloping. I am his spitting image, so I am told. My earlier childhood is fuzzy in my mind. It was, quite honestly, a lonely one. My mother primarily raised me post-39. When the liberation war began proper, my father immediately crossed what was then the border to sign up. He was German, and our family are nobility. The French were at that time occupiers of land they had stolen. I didn't see him again for some years, though he would always write home.

I fulfilled my duties as a Reich citizen, joining the Hitler Youth when a branch was opened in my town. My mother wasn't pleased, though she knew it was necessary for the continuation of National Socialism. I performed adequately, earning the respect of my superiors who fast tracked me to service in the military. Eventually I caught the eye of the SS, much to the chagrin of the Wehrmacht.

When my education was complete, I was deemed of high enough status and education to enter into the officer ranks. My father was extremely proud.

By this point we had relocated to New York. The war had been won. America had been liberated. My mother was happy to go home.

Over the years, I did as I was instructed and gave my all to the service. No matter the task. HQ must of seen my talent, and my loyalty, because at such a young age I stand before you in my current position. My rank particularly unusual for one of my age. With a brilliant match to the daughter of a General.

That's the brief version, anyway. Were you also after that time Heinrich pushed me into the river and stole my bike? I could talk about that for hours. No? Thank God."
Last edited by Flowerdell on Fri Jan 01, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Taridaria
Secretary

Founded: Mar 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Taridaria » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:42 pm

Preferred NS Name: Taridaria
Roleplay Sample: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zAoPwuEaSmKDslQdMAaTykpik6x6QKHoXTxn1pUB6jw/edit?usp=sharing
Have you read the OP in its entirety? Of course

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name:
Name's Kenneth, Kenneth Jack Hatfield. But you can call me KJ. Or Mr Hatfield. Minsiter? Is that a thing? Why don't we keep it simple, yeah? Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. It is just us here, after all. No one to impress. -looks around - unless we are under surveillance, eh? -winks-

Celebrated my thirty-fifth just this last week. Took my girl out for a ride in my new beauty. Just landed - the Sl300. Fast as nothing else, 212HP at 275Nm of Torque. Here is a picture. -opens his wallet and holds a picture over- You wanna have a go? I may even let you drive. If you are good.

Sex:
You know they, before the war that is - explored all this business. Supposedly very academic about it all. Had a lot of fun putting pretty boys in dresses and calling themselves girls. Would have been quite the thing to see, yeah? Not that we get to anymore. As for me? Nothing so excitingly debauched. Pureblooded man, through and through. If you don't believe me, I can always show ya? -laughs-

Sexual Orientation:
Curious little bugger, aren't you? Let's just say I am not - at least not so far as my knowledge stretches, a sleeve cutter if that is what you were hoping. -smirks- Confused? Just a little thing I read about the Japanese. Had an emperor or some shit, quite a while ago. The guy was in his bed with his lover - queer as the day is long, and cut off his sleeve to not wake the little shit who was sleeping on it. Luckily they were all wiped out eventually - his mother in law or something killed him. Or unlucky - maybe if they had a sleeve cutter in control right now we could have had some bombs in the air by now.

Ethnicity:
Pure and pure as can be baby.

Appearance:
Now don't get me wrong. I love the looks some of these military ranks get to strut around in, but I can't for the life of me imagine getting in and out of that overdesigned getup on the daily. Stripes and blues and I look a million bucks. What more is there to want? No use in gilding the lily, eh? -fixes his tie, smiling-
My pretty mug

Residence:
Just got this nice little place in the city center. So much better you know, close to the action. Direct line to control. But that is just between you and me, eh? Had them cordon off an entire section of the basement for my collection. Glass and steel everywhere. And let me tell you - it is as impressive as it sounds.

Come now... You know what I do? Everyone knows what I do. I am the Minister of Propaganda for the American Reich. Quite a formal title meaning simple that... whatever you are thinking - you are thinking because of me. Is it strange? Imaging me inside of you? -winks with a smirk-

Family:
Nah, got some of that. Had a mother and a father. Raised me right. Then thought it wise to come clean with some bullshit about turning traitor. I mean there was only one thing to do, eh? Turn them in...

Religion:
Would a Hallelujah do it? -laughs-

Greatest fear?
I can be honest with you, yeah? You ain't gonna tell anyone now are you. I fear one thing and it is a doozy - this whole shebang is gonna go up in smoke and holy hell I am in a difficult spot. You see - if I am caught out, my black book is spilled and all that - I am, to put it mildly - fucked. Right in front of a firing squad and pissing my pants. Now, say that shit does not come out - then we get to the really good stuff. You see, say this whole thing - this whole Nazi thing, comes tumbling down, I did some really messed up shit. And boy... I can't deny - that cyanide pill looks pretty damn tasty either way.

Most intimate ambition?
God I would love to be able to do literally anything and not have to salute a geriatric, racist from the fucking motherland. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not wanna vomit from the words I had to memorize the night before. I wanna go, and find some pretty young thing and take them out for a night on the town, and not have to worry that the fucking SS will come take me out because they were racially impure.

Loyalty?
Can I say people? I just want people to be able to exist, man. Can we just... stop killing people? Can we just - not do this anymore? I guess anti-war? Anti-Nazi?

Three defining traits:
Fuck? You wanna continue a dating profile after all that shit? I guess if you wanna Repress to Impress... as I always say. I like reading, I like driving and I like talking. That enough?

Personality:
You can call me a flirty, sarcastic asshole that hates himself but not enough so to become entirely useless.Yeah? Yeah.

BIOGRAPHY
You really gonna make me say it all eh? Fine. Let's see - young, nice, angel of a boy - good at memorizing and talking. Learning my words good and well, becoming a perfect little Nazi. Could spout racist rhetoric before I could count. Quickly learned that saying the right thing gets you the right reaction - leading to the right results. Keep people happy. And then my ma and pa turn a page, radicalized. The sentiment was there. They were never all that impressed with me telling them what I learned at school. God... -rubs his hands through his hair - I am not sure what the fuck they were thinking. Told me that we were no longer saluting in their house. Told the teacher the next day. I was a kid... but still. Sold them out like nothing. They were taken away that evening. Went to a different family. Did well in school. Made an example of a perfect little shit. Perfect little racist. Perfect little snitch. And now I am here. Good at getting people to think what I want them to - and unfortunately my boss wants them all to be exactly the thing I was when I was a teenager. And I made sure they were. And now - when I can finally do-... You are not gonna tell anyone right? This is our little secret right? Yeah... Now I can do something. I got contacted. We learned so much. I have been signaling them. We have been working together. Tightening the vice. Making it harder and harder to keep quiet when you don't really care for all this racist, warmongering shit. We gotta end this. I can't be a part of this for much longer. We have to end it. One way or another.
Last edited by Taridaria on Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:15 pm

Taridaria wrote:
Preferred NS Name: Taridaria
Roleplay Sample: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zAoPwuEaSmKDslQdMAaTykpik6x6QKHoXTxn1pUB6jw/edit?usp=sharing
Have you read the OP in its entirety? Of course

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name:
Name's Kenneth, Kenneth Jack Hatfield. But you can call me KJ. Or Mr Hatfield. Minsiter? Is that a thing? Why don't we keep it simple, yeah? Whatever makes you feel more comfortable. It is just us here, after all. No one to impress. -looks around - unless we are under surveillance, eh? -winks-

Celebrated my thirty-fifth just this last week. Took my girl out for a ride in my new beauty. Just landed - the Sl300. Fast as nothing else, 212HP at 275Nm of Torque. Here is a picture. -opens his wallet and holds a picture over- You wanna have a go? I may even let you drive. If you are good.

Sex:
You know they, before the war that is - explored all this business. Supposedly very academic about it all. Had a lot of fun putting pretty boys in dresses and calling themselves girls. Would have been quite the thing to see, yeah? Not that we get to anymore. As for me? Nothing so excitingly debauched. Pureblooded man, through and through. If you don't believe me, I can always show ya? -laughs-

Sexual Orientation:
Curious little bugger, aren't you? Let's just say I am not - at least not so far as my knowledge stretches, a sleeve cutter if that is what you were hoping. -smirks- Confused? Just a little thing I read about the Japanese. Had an emperor or some shit, quite a while ago. The guy was in his bed with his lover - queer as the day is long, and cut off his sleeve to not wake the little shit who was sleeping on it. Luckily they were all wiped out eventually - his mother in law or something killed him. Or unlucky - maybe if they had a sleeve cutter in control right now we could have had some bombs in the air by now.

Ethnicity:
Pure and pure as can be baby.

Appearance:
Now don't get me wrong. I love the looks some of these military ranks get to strut around in, but I can't for the life of me imagine getting in and out of that overdesigned getup on the daily. Stripes and blues and I look a million bucks. What more is there to want? No use in gilding the lily, eh? -fixes his tie, smiling-
My pretty mug

Residence:
Just got this nice little place in the city center. So much better you know, close to the action. Direct line to control. But that is just between you and me, eh? Had them cordon off an entire section of the basement for my collection. Glass and steel everywhere. And let me tell you - it is as impressive as it sounds.

Come now... You know what I do? Everyone knows what I do. I am the Minister of Propaganda for the American Reich. Quite a formal title meaning simple that... whatever you are thinking - you are thinking because of me. Is it strange? Imaging me inside of you? -winks with a smirk-

Family:
Nah, got some of that. Had a mother and a father. Raised me right. Then thought it wise to come clean with some bullshit about turning traitor. I mean there was only one thing to do, eh? Turn them in...

Religion:
Would a Hallelujah do it? -laughs-

Greatest fear?
I can be honest with you, yeah? You ain't gonna tell anyone now are you. I fear one thing and it is a doozy - this whole shebang is gonna go up in smoke and holy hell I am in a difficult spot. You see - if I am caught out, my black book is spilled and all that - I am, to put it mildly - fucked. Right in front of a firing squad and pissing my pants. Now, say that shit does not come out - then we get to the really good stuff. You see, say this whole thing - this whole Nazi thing, comes tumbling down, I did some really messed up shit. And boy... I can't deny - that cyanide pill looks pretty damn tasty either way.

Most intimate ambition?
God I would love to be able to do literally anything and not have to salute a geriatric, racist from the fucking motherland. I want to be able to look at myself in the mirror and not wanna vomit from the words I had to memorize the night before. I wanna go, and find some pretty young thing and take them out for a night on the town, and not have to worry that the fucking SS will come take me out because they were racially impure.

Loyalty?
Can I say people? I just want people to be able to exist, man. Can we just... stop killing people? Can we just - not do this anymore? I guess anti-war? Anti-Nazi?

Three defining traits:
Fuck? You wanna continue a dating profile after all that shit? I guess if you wanna Repress to Impress... as I always say. I like reading, I like driving and I like talking. That enough?

Personality:
You can call me a flirty, sarcastic asshole that hates himself but not enough so to become entirely useless.Yeah? Yeah.

BIOGRAPHY
You really gonna make me say it all eh? Fine. Let's see - young, nice, angel of a boy - good at memorizing and talking. Learning my words good and well, becoming a perfect little Nazi. Could spout racist rhetoric before I could count. Quickly learned that saying the right thing gets you the right reaction - leading to the right results. Keep people happy. And then my ma and pa turn a page, radicalized. The sentiment was there. They were never all that impressed with me telling them what I learned at school. God... -rubs his hands through his hair - I am not sure what the fuck they were thinking. Told me that we were no longer saluting in their house. Told the teacher the next day. I was a kid... but still. Sold them out like nothing. They were taken away that evening. Went to a different family. Did well in school. Made an example of a perfect little shit. Perfect little racist. Perfect little snitch. And now I am here. Good at getting people to think what I want them to - and unfortunately my boss wants them all to be exactly the thing I was when I was a teenager. And I made sure they were. And now - when I can finally do-... You are not gonna tell anyone right? This is our little secret right? Yeah... Now I can do something. I got contacted. We learned so much. I have been signaling them. We have been working together. Tightening the vice. Making it harder and harder to keep quiet when you don't really care for all this racist, warmongering shit. We gotta end this. I can't be a part of this for much longer. We have to end it. One way or another.
Flowerdell wrote:
PLAYER INFORMATION
Preferred NS Name: Flowerdell
Roleplay Sample: Sample

GENERAL INFORMATION

Name: "Moritz Sigmund Christoph von Waldburg, if it pleases you."
Sex: "I am a son. Proud to be so."
Sexual Orientation: "Excuse me? What kind of a question is that? Do you expect me to answer horses? I have important duties that I must attend, you know. I do not have to answer these impetuous questions. Now, was there something serious you wished to ask?" *shuffles uncomfortably*
Ethnicity: "Aryan. Germanic. As the Führer intended. As a member of the SS, how could I be anything else?"
Appearance: Link to Face

"I have completed all of the necessary programs, and was awarded for my exceptional service to the Hitlerjugend. I have also won many medals for swimming contests, many of which I used to perform in with zeal. To serve the Fatherland is my goal in life, and with that comes a fierce dedication to keep myself fit and active. Otherwise I am useless to my fellow man. As such I also shun alcohol and other vices such as smoking. Pretty basic stuff, all things considered."

Residence: "I have a residence in the suburbs of New York. When not in the city proper, working for the Reichsführer, I stay there. Otherwise I have my own apartment near the HQ. Close enough to get there within a 10 minute walk if necessary. My wife and I stay there more often than not."
Occupation: "This is ridiculous, you know? If you must be blind, I am SS-Obersturmbannführer Moritz von Waldenburg, aide to Reichsführer. As I have told you. As it says on my badge. As it says on my office door. As it says on your papers. Next."
Family: "My father is now retired. Though he is an undisputed hero of the Reich. He was noted for being the first German commander to set foot into this very city, leading a regiment of the Heer down from the landing in Boston to the north. His service during the war was exemplary and has allowed my family to live a comfortable life. My mother was a socialite in the city before the invasion. American. She was in France before the war began, settled with my father there for a time, until service called him forward. An admirable woman who works for the Reich just as much as my father. As for siblings, I have a little brother and an elder sister. My brother is following the same path I once did, and my sister is married to an officer in the Wehrmacht. We represent Americas future. Then there is my wife. It was a quick marriage, on the recommendation of other figures I trust and respect. I love and appreciate her as much as any husband should, and she performs her duties well. We have yet to produce children."
Religion: "I hold to the tenets of Catholicism. Like my father before me."

Greatest fear? "What is that of interest to you? What is there for me to fear? But if you are serious...I have....nothing, really. Nothing. Other than a stupid worry that our nations prosperity will somehow waver. Are we nearly done?"
Most intimate ambition? "Who doesn't want to rise to the highest level of public service? Maybe one day, even a post in Berlin. That would be the dream. Though we must all serve in our own way, yes? It's not as simple as ambitions are made to seem. We all have a place within the hierarchy we have to adhere to."
Loyalty? "Ein Volk, Ein Reich, Ein Führer! My unquestioned loyalty is to the Führer, Adolf Hitler, and future he has won for us. That loyalty extends to the institutions and people he dictates are worthy"
Three defining traits: "I'm efficient. Damn right I am. I'm also fit, could get knocked down by a bull and still get up. A third? I have it where it counts. Being analytical in my job might be the single most important thing in the world."
Personality: "I like ice cream and enjoy Fanta. Are we finally done with this?"

BIOGRAPHY

"As the file indicates, I was born in Elsaß-Lothringen on March 4th 1938. The year before the war began. At that point, my father was just recently married to my mother. A journalist from America at the time, reporting on the growing tensions along the border with France. When she met my father, they fell in love, quickly eloping. I am his spitting image, so I am told. My earlier childhood is fuzzy in my mind. It was, quite honestly, a lonely one. My mother primarily raised me post-39. When the liberation war began proper, my father immediately crossed what was then the border to sign up. He was German, and our family are nobility. The French were at that time occupiers of land they had stolen. I didn't see him again for some years, though he would always write home.

I fulfilled my duties as a Reich citizen, joining the Hitler Youth when a branch was opened in my town. My mother wasn't pleased, though she knew it was necessary for the continuation of National Socialism. I performed adequately, earning the respect of my superiors who fast tracked me to service in the military. Eventually I caught the eye of the SS, much to the chagrin of the Wehrmacht.

When my education was complete, I was deemed of high enough status and education to enter into the officer ranks. My father was extremely proud.

By this point we had relocated to New York. The war had been won. America had been liberated. My mother was happy to go home.

Over the years, I did as I was instructed and gave my all to the service. No matter the task. HQ must of seen my talent, and my loyalty, because at such a young age I stand before you in my current position. My rank particularly unusual for one of my age. With a brilliant match to the daughter of a General.

That's the brief version, anyway. Were you also after that time Heinrich pushed me into the river and stole my bike? I could talk about that for hours. No? Thank God."
Both accepted and added to the dramatis personae.

The Wanderer

Reverend Norv
Senator

Founded: Jun 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Reverend Norv » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:17 pm

I may take a Resistance leader. Publicly, he is a WASP businessman: an importer catering to the Reich's elite with Swiss chocolate, French wine, silk stockings, and a few more private offerings - banned books, for example. Privately, he is a Jew, a former Columbia professor and then OSS officer, and the top Resistance man in New York City, who has been operating under the Gestapo's nose for just over a decade.
Last edited by Reverend Norv on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
For really, I think that the poorest he that is in England hath a life to live as the greatest he. And therefore truly, Sir, I think it's clear that every man that is to live under a Government ought first by his own consent to put himself under that Government. And I do think that the poorest man in England is not at all bound in a strict sense to that Government that he hath not had a voice to put himself under.
Col. Thomas Rainsborough, Putney Debates, 1647

A God who let us prove His existence would be an idol.
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Reverend Norv wrote:I may take a Resistance leader. Publicly, he is a WASP businessman: an importer catering to the Reich's elite with Swiss chocolate, French wine, silk stockings, and a few more private offerings - banned books, for example. Privately, he is a Jew, a former Columbia professor and then OSS officer, and the top Resistance man in New York City, who has been operating under the Gestapo's nose for just over a decade.
I'd be glad to have you, Norv, and as per usual your character concept is intriguing. A resistance leader who rubs shoulders with the elite of the Reich is exactly the mold of character I was hoping to see.

He'll have a client already in Generaloberst Mills and a tacit comrade in Hatfield.

The Wanderer

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 02, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:53 pm

I have three potential character concepts, all of which I'm curious to hear thoughts on:

A: I was thinking of an ambassador from one of the countries that remained neutral in WWII or a client state, something that would make navigating social spheres rather complicated due to their awkward/undefined place in the racial hierarchy contrasted with their clear social rank.
B: A member of one of the mob families of New York who has to navigate the increasingly complicated world of the Nazi New York.
C: A child, either teenage or adult, of one of the higher ranking officials within the government who has traditionally served as a public face for the family, the child that gets shown off most for one reason or another, but who has become exposed to alternatives to the Nazi system in some way, shape, or form, and has essentially recently cracked open a pandora's box for themselves.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:11 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:I have three potential character concepts, all of which I'm curious to hear thoughts on:

A: I was thinking of an ambassador from one of the countries that remained neutral in WWII or a client state, something that would make navigating social spheres rather complicated due to their awkward/undefined place in the racial hierarchy contrasted with their clear social rank.
B: A member of one of the mob families of New York who has to navigate the increasingly complicated world of the Nazi New York.
C: A child, either teenage or adult, of one of the higher ranking officials within the government who has traditionally served as a public face for the family, the child that gets shown off most for one reason or another, but who has become exposed to alternatives to the Nazi system in some way, shape, or form, and has essentially recently cracked open a pandora's box for themselves.
Why not all three? Really, all of these are interesting niches that could be explored in their right. Interestingly I think option B would have the most relevance (or at least centrality) to the plot, as a mob boss would likely find him/herself quite adjacent to both the Reich and the resistance, striking deals with both and most likely making a killing in the black market trade of the numerous luxuries and subversive materials made contraband by the Reich.

Option C makes for a very clear but compelling plot-line, especially if you wanted to team up with another player to play their parents. Option A might have the least relevance, unless the country which the ambassador represents becomes strategically important. I could see Cuba, Mexico, or maybe the Japanese puppet state on the West Coast all having relevance in the event of a German-Japanese war.

The Wanderer

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:16 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Khasinkonia wrote:I have three potential character concepts, all of which I'm curious to hear thoughts on:

Why not all three? Really, all of these are interesting niches that could be explored in their right. Interestingly I think option B would have the most relevance (or at least centrality) to the plot, as a mob boss would likely find him/herself quite adjacent to both the Reich and the resistance, striking deals with both and most likely making a killing in the black market trade of the numerous luxuries and subversive materials made contraband by the Reich.

Option C makes for a very clear but compelling plot-line, especially if you wanted to team up with another player to play their parents. Option A might have the least relevance, unless the country which the ambassador represents becomes strategically important. I could see Cuba, Mexico, or maybe the Japanese puppet state on the West Coast all having relevance in the event of a German-Japanese war.

Well, if you'd be open to it, I'd be happy to make a "perfect" teenager for the Rockwells. Of course, I'm also considering a Sicilian mafioso, so perhaps I'll do two characters if I should continue to recover from my most recent bout of inactivity.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:23 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Well, if you'd be open to it, I'd be happy to make a "perfect" teenager for the Rockwells. Of course, I'm also considering a Sicilian mafioso, so perhaps I'll do two characters if I should continue to recover from my most recent bout of inactivity.
Multiple characters are allowed, and I'd certainly like to see all your concepts come to life, just make sure you're not overfilling your plate.

I'm very much game for you to make a Rockwell. He would definitely not be the best parent, lmao.

The Wanderer

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:32 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Well, if you'd be open to it, I'd be happy to make a "perfect" teenager for the Rockwells. Of course, I'm also considering a Sicilian mafioso, so perhaps I'll do two characters if I should continue to recover from my most recent bout of inactivity.
Multiple characters are allowed, and I'd certainly like to see all your concepts come to life, just make sure you're not overfilling your plate.

I'm very much game for you to make a Rockwell. He would definitely not be the best parent, lmao.

Perfect. I'll probably make a Rockwell first and see where I am, since I can see exactly where to go with it. What's the oldest a Rockwell child could be?

Sarderia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Sarderia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:38 pm

Very interesting! If you've watched the Man in the High Castle, we have IRL FBI director J. Edgar Hoover as the head of the American Reich's intelligence agency. Perhaps I could app a similar character, if not Hoover himself.
Takkan Melayu Hilang Di Dunia

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:39 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Multiple characters are allowed, and I'd certainly like to see all your concepts come to life, just make sure you're not overfilling your plate.

Perfect. I'll probably make a Rockwell first and see where I am, since I can see exactly where to go with it. What's the oldest a Rockwell child could be?
Couldn't have been born prior to 1943, so seventeen. Since Rockwell has divorced and remarried, it could be from either marriage, and I'm assuming he has kids from both (unless you're set on an only child).
Sarderia wrote:Very interesting! If you've watched the Man in the High Castle, we have IRL FBI director J. Edgar Hoover as the head of the American Reich's intelligence agency. Perhaps I could app a similar character, if not Hoover himself.
Hoover was one of the most intriguing characters, glad you honed in on that. Whether you want to have a take on Hoover or think up an original character, I'd be very very very glad to have someone fill that role.

The Wanderer

Khasinkonia
Negotiator

Postby Khasinkonia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 11:04 pm

Khasinkonia wrote:Perfect. I'll probably make a Rockwell first and see where I am, since I can see exactly where to go with it. What's the oldest a Rockwell child could be?
Couldn't have been born prior to 1943, so seventeen. Since Rockwell has divorced and remarried, it could be from either marriage, and I'm assuming he has kids from both (unless you're set on an only child).

Seventeen will work just fine, so I'll see to it. I'll telegram you if I have any questions!

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse