NATION

PASSWORD

The Rise of China

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Infected Mushroom
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 15, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

The Rise of China

Postby Infected Mushroom » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:19 pm

I’ve just read that China’s economy may overtake the US economy as world number one by 2028.

I am very excited about this and I would hope that China can avoid some of the pitfalls (ex fighting expensive and controversial wars to topple governments oceans away) that other top economic powers have run into. I am hoping for a new century of peace, economic cooperation and global growth. While Chinese economic partnerships in Africa and elsewhere have created some inequality (which in my view is inevitable), they have also objectively brought up the GDPs of those countries by providing capital. I would hope that China continues its trademark policies of encouraging win-win economic solutions and opportunities for everyone.

Sources:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co ... a-55454146

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.scmp.c ... vertake-us

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... my-earlier

NSG, what do you think the world will look like? I am very optimistic.
Last edited by Infected Mushroom on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Jershaland
Attaché

Founded: Dec 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jershaland » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:23 pm

China is an authoritarian state arguably currently committing genocide against its Muslim population. It is also imperialistic. So if your looking for peace they aren't the ones that are going to bring it.
I am a liberal | My nation DOES NOT represent most of my views
I'm A social democrat on some days. I'm a statist. An eclectic pagan and sometimes Episcopalian. Bill Clinton is my favorite president of recent history. My favorite philosopher is Nietzsche. I'm not a fan of democracy, although it's the best system we've currently got.

8values - liberalism

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:26 pm

Jershaland wrote:China is an authoritarian state arguably currently committing genocide against its Muslim population. It is also imperialistic. So if your looking for peace they aren't the ones that are going to bring it.

Don't forget their active suppression of any dissent (as well as their ridiculous censorship of calling Xi Jinping "Winnie the Pooh"). China's rise to global power will only lead to the rise of authoritarianism.
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:28 pm

Jershaland wrote:China is an authoritarian state arguably currently committing genocide against its Muslim population. It is also imperialistic. So if your looking for peace they aren't the ones that are going to bring it.

Yeah, not to mention their continued funding of horrible regimes like Iran and North Korea. They also wish to keep being a superpower, and: THE ONLY ONE. Now, I hate that the US isn’t going to be in it’s current position anymore, but I don’t want only one superpower, I at least want 3, as the polarization during the Cold War (not counting ideological/political reasons) was BECAUSE there was only 2 superpowers! Yes of course there is always the non-aligned nations.
Last edited by GermanNationalRepublic on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
.Communications Seized.Regular Programming Returning Shortly.Deutschland Uber Alles.

2026... The World has gone to ashes...
!NOTE: This nation does not represent my views IRL!
(Forgot to do things correctly, working to become a police state)

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:29 pm

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire wrote:

Don't forget their active suppression of any dissent (as well as their ridiculous censorship of calling Xi Jinping "Winnie the Pooh"). China's rise to global power will only lead to the rise of authoritarianism.

I feel the same way, buddy
.Communications Seized.Regular Programming Returning Shortly.Deutschland Uber Alles.

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:35 pm

westerners may cope as hard as they like but china will continue to advance :bow: :bow: president xi jinping will usher in the new chinese century for global prosperity :D deng gang stay winning
Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Khoronzon wrote:westerners may cope as hard as they like but china will continue to advance :bow: :bow: president xi jinping will usher in the new chinese century for global prosperity :D deng gang stay winning

And what exactly is prosperous about an authoritarian (arguably) nation? What about censorship and religious and ethnic cleansing?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Founded: Dec 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:37 pm

Khoronzon wrote:westerners may cope as hard as they like but china will continue to advance :bow: :bow: president xi jinping will usher in the new chinese century for global prosperity :D deng gang stay winning

I hope it won’t.

I keep saying that China has to be abolished since its very existence just like the existence of slavery has very serious socioeconomic consequences worldwide.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Queen: Sarah IV (House of Moshel)
Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
Cats rule; dogs drool; Israel rocks; China sucks.
Abolish China and save lives.
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

The Lone Alliance
Powerbroker

Founded: May 25, 2005
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Lone Alliance » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:37 pm

China can only sustain itself when the rest of the world allows it and the rest of the world has started to realize the costs of sustaining China.

Eventually it'll come to a head and violence will happen.
"Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger." -Herman Goering
--------------
War is cruelty, and you cannot refine it; -William Tecumseh Sherman

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:38 pm

Oh wonderful... Another China thread. Yeah something tells me this is going to end the same way as other threads about China.
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:40 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:China can only sustain itself when the rest of the world allows it and the rest of the world has started to realize the costs of sustaining China.

It has to happen.

We should ponder why slavery had to be abolished. The existence of slavery anywhere threatens free labor everywhere and that slavery as an institution inherently increases the amount of authoritarianism even among non-slaves.

Now we can talk about why China must be abolished. The 2,200-year-old Sinostatist tradition starting from Qin and the infamous Machiavellian “reformer”, Shang Yang, treats human lives as having zero value. As long as China exists dictators worldwide are emboldened and every ruler feels like they could get away with being an asshole as long as they are strong enough. In this sense the difference between liberal democracies and China is comparable to the difference between law-abiding people and organized crime.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Welcome to the Nekostan-e Gharbi. Our ancestors were a group of genetically enhanced Israeli cats raised by two Iranian Jewish women, Rachel Davidi and Esther Moshel. We are a constitutional monarchy where a line of benevolent and powerless feline queens “guide” the citizens or more precisely are the subject of their constant gossiping.

Current Prime Minister: Dr. Elisheva Cohen (she is fine with Elizabeth for non-Hebrew speakers) from Likud
What is Sinostatism?
Must read on China by David Goldman https://www.tabletmag.com/amp/sections/ ... ina-empire

Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 27, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:41 pm

Aeritai wrote:Oh wonderful... Another China thread. Yeah something tells me this is going to end the same way as other threads about China.

Pro-CCP communists clashing with moderates clashing with those wanting China to be fractured?
I'm a master at arguing right after I hit "submit"

Veni, Vidi, Vici. I came, I saw, I conquered.

Aeritai
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeritai » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:44 pm

Aeritai wrote:Oh wonderful... Another China thread. Yeah something tells me this is going to end the same way as other threads about China.

Pro-CCP communists clashing with moderates clashing with those wanting China to be fractured?

Yep
Just call me Aeri
IC: This is a fantasy medieval nation full of deer people... Yes you read that right, deer people
I am a Human Female

Khoronzon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Khoronzon » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:45 pm

Aeritai wrote:Yeah something tells me this is going to end the same way as other threads about China.

with coping westerners? yeah sounds about right they're perpetually jealous and afraid of deng gang 8) the proud chinese dragon will eat the fat obese uncle sam :bow: :bow:
Vʏʜʜ Xsʜʀ Xsʜʀɪɴ Tʜʀʜ
Leader
Figures
Culture
Regions
Military
World
The world is no longer as it once was, moulded beyond recognition by the hands of its coming masters. Humanity is faced with a simple choice: evolve, or die.

△▽△
[all lore is under reconstruction]
▽△▽
ooc: they/them/girl/boss - notorious wumao - blowfly creature
flag homies: the celestial shurayu republic and uij, checkem out they're v based
all rise for the national anthem

中国共产党万岁

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:45 pm

Sinostatists are actually usually not really communist. In fact they are closer to fascist than communist just like China itself.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:46 pm

The Lone Alliance wrote:China can only sustain itself when the rest of the world allows it and the rest of the world has started to realize the costs of sustaining China.

The real question is not IF, but WHEN. Which is... I guess you never know when violence will happen. You never know when someone is going to try and murder you, right? (Not saying China is trying to murder us, just an example)

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:48 pm

GermanNationalRepublic wrote:

The real question is not IF, but WHEN. Which is... I guess you never know when violence will happen. You never know when someone is going to try and murder you, right? (Not saying China is trying to murder us, just an example)

It’s probably not going to be a hot war. However when China develops world class surveillance & censorship tech and export it to other countries the world will look more and more like China. Neither the auth left nor the auth right has qualms about censorship and mass surveillance. They just want to use it for very different purposes. Hence both will import these dangerous tech from China. Eventually freedom will die worldwide. That’s analogous to the mafia penetrating and corrupting the entire society and even creating a mafia state.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

What is Sinostatism?

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:48 pm

Khoronzon wrote:
Aeritai wrote:Yeah something tells me this is going to end the same way as other threads about China.

with coping westerners? yeah sounds about right they're perpetually jealous and afraid of deng gang 8) the proud chinese dragon will eat the fat obese uncle sam :bow: :bow:

Well, hopefully the future generations will put up a fight against China, an oppressive nation.

If violence does break out, hopefully there is less nukes than I expect

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:55 pm

The rise of China is a good thing for Canada, given that while China will influence us as it continues to rise, particularly if the Canadian government aligns itself with it, the degree of Chinese influence over Canada will never reach the point of American influence over Canada by the simple facet of geography.

It would be better for the EU to get their shit together, but alas, you have to make do with what you have right now, and like it or not, China is the only viable alternative to America out there.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Luziyca wrote:The rise of China is a good thing for Canada, given that while China will influence us as it continues to rise, particularly if the Canadian government aligns itself with it, the degree of Chinese influence over Canada will never reach the point of American influence over Canada by the simple facet of geography.

It would be better for the EU to get their shit together, but alas, you have to make do with what you have right now, and like it or not, China is the only viable alternative to America out there.

Not even Russia? India?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:57 pm

Luziyca wrote:The rise of China is a good thing for Canada, given that while China will influence us as it continues to rise, particularly if the Canadian government aligns itself with it, the degree of Chinese influence over Canada will never reach the point of American influence over Canada by the simple facet of geography.

China believes that no lives matter and has no principle. It isn’t even Soviet Union 2.0 while Soviets oppressive as they were did have some principles. Please be very careful about what you want.

America, EU, India etc are normal countries analogous to different groups of law-abiding people. Nazi Germany is analogous to something like Los Zetas. China is analogous to something like the Italian mafia. These things should have no place on Planet Earth.
Last edited by Nekostan-e Gharbi on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What is Sinostatism?

Nekostan-e Gharbi
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekostan-e Gharbi » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:58 pm

Not even Russia? India?

India and EU are.

What is Sinostatism?

Luziyca
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 13, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Luziyca » Fri Jan 01, 2021 8:59 pm

Not even Russia? India?

If this were thirty years ago, the Soviets would have by far been a serious contender. But despite Putin's efforts, Russia doesn't quite pack the same punch as the Soviets once did.

And, well, India may have a bit of soft power, but there's no chance in hell that they're going to be projecting power beyond the Indian Ocean anytime soon.
|||The Kingdom of Rwizikuru|||
Your feeble attempts to change the very nature of how time itself has been organized by mankind shall fall on barren ground and bear no fruit
WikiFacebookKylaris: the best region for eight years runningAbout meYouTubePolitical compass

GermanNationalRepublic
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby GermanNationalRepublic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:00 pm

Luziyca wrote:
GermanNationalRepublic wrote:Not even Russia? India?

If this were thirty years ago, the Soviets would have by far been a serious contender. But despite Putin's efforts, Russia doesn't quite pack the same punch as the Soviets once did.

And, well, India may have a bit of soft power, but there's no chance in hell that they're going to be projecting power beyond the Indian Ocean anytime soon.

I guess you are right, but India and Russia (not combined) can still pack some serious punches (at least to China).
Last edited by GermanNationalRepublic on Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:01 pm

It already has overtaken it by Purchasing Power Parity and really by any reasonable metric. GDP (nominal) is a stupid metric.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General