NATION

PASSWORD

2020: What A Year

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Imperial Dodo
Lobbyist

Founded: May 30, 2020
Ex-Nation

2020: What A Year

Postby Imperial Dodo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:45 am

With 2020 coming to a close and the start of a New Year, we are all hopeful for a better year than 2020. We all have many, many stories about 2020 that will no doubt stick with us for the rest of our lives.

No matter your age, your health, or where you live in the world, Covid-19 has affected us all and our lives during 2020 have been changed in a way never seen before. Over the entirety of the year, it has claimed the lives of over 1.9 million innocent humans, many of whom, are health care workers who are risking their own lives to help save the lives of others. If anyone here has lost a family member or friend to this virus, I am truly sorry, and please, please, please reach out to me if you need anything or let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

This year has also taken from us, multiple influential figures in the sports, entertainment, and government worlds. This year we say goodbye to:
• Kobe Bryant
• Chadwick Boseman
• Alex Trebek
• Ruth Bader Ginsburg

among others.

However, this year has also been the start of change which will no doubt continue into 2021. But this change came at a price. Innocent Black Men, Women and Children, we killed as the result of police brutality before the change started. However, people around the world stood up, and banded together, across genders, across religions, and across racial lines, to demand change, because that's who we are and we won't stop fighting until there is racial, religious, and gender equality in every aspect of our every day lives.

In the past 2 or so months, there has been some good news. Around 5 or 6 different companies across the world have announced the release of their Covid-19 vaccines. With vaccinations across the world starting to ramp up, let's hope that we can finally beat this virus. But, this does not mean that we can let our guard down. We must still stay socially distanced (6ft+) and wear masks, as well as avoid large gatherings. On top of this, the vaccine won't start to show widespread impact until over 70% of the population was been vaccinated, which won't for another few months, if not more. This is a team effort. EVERYONE has to participate, EVERYONE has to follow the guidelines, because when you don't, not only are you messing everything up, but you are putting the very lives of others at risk.

All in all, 2020 has been a very rough year, and that is a major understatement. It has had its ups and its downs, though mostly downs, but this doesn't mean that 2021 has to be the same. 2021 will become what WE chose to make of it, OUR actions will be at the heart of what 2021 will be. 2021 can be another 2020, but it doesn't have to be. OUR everyday actions this year will have much greater implications, than ever before. So let's go out there (following guidelines), and show 2021 what we are made of. And let's make it a great f-ing year.

Wishing you all a great 2021,
- Swifty (Imperial Dodo)

Dispatch Version: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1484536
Last edited by Imperial Dodo on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:56 am

:clap:

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Jan 01, 2021 9:59 am

Imperial Dodo wrote:Before I start, I spent over a week on this so it would mean a ton to me if you could please upvote/like etc...

No such thing. Is this copypasta from Facebook or something? :eyebrow:

Oh, it's a dispatch that has been copied and pasted. You should prob remove the bit I cited though, as it's entirely redundant on the forums.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Imperial Dodo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Dodo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:03 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Imperial Dodo wrote:Before I start, I spent over a week on this so it would mean a ton to me if you could please upvote/like etc...

No such thing. Is this copypasta from Facebook or something? :eyebrow:

Oh, it's a dispatch that has been copied and pasted. You should prob remove the bit I cited though, as it's entirely redundant on the forums.

oh yea, true. good point. thanks

Mikeswill
Envoy

Founded: Antiquity
Anarchy

Postby Mikeswill » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:06 am

:clap:
Love Conquers Fear
NationStates

Imperial Dodo
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Dodo » Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:09 am

Mikeswill wrote::clap:

thanks!

The Black Forrest
Khan of Spam

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Black Forrest » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:13 pm

It’s been one of the worst years in my time.

As a final FU! from 2020....a friend rescue St. Bernards. Especially old ones as there are many meat sacks who toss old dogs be it kill shelters or abandoning them somewhere. She had a bulldog named boz who was basically the mascot. Think of 19 St. Bernards and a bulldog.

She sent out a note reporting he died.

FU 2020! I would drag you over broken glass if it were possible.

Heh. After writing that I would report I am actually in a good mood. Knowing the 6th and the 20th is coming up! ;)

Best of luck in the New Year all!
*I am a master proofreader after I click Submit.
* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania
* Silence Is Golden But Duct Tape Is Silver.
* I felt like Ayn Rand cornered me at a party, and three minutes in I found my first objection to what she was saying, but she kept talking without interruption for ten more days. - Max Barry talking about Atlas Shrugged

Free Ravensburg
Senator

Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Ravensburg » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:20 pm

2020: *ends*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA Times
INT:| Canada "Gives Up" on Hiding Aliens and UFOs/ NAT:| Ravenian Astronauts That Went on the EELOO Mission Report Seeing a Mass of "Squidlike Handlike Starships"
Borb with an NS account and a crippling addiction passion to JoJo that Lives in the F7 Servers | TG’s are not for JoJo Stuff | Current Global Mood: I-is that a… | NSStats Accused of Treason to the Republic | Copper Plasma > Lasers

Happy New Year
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 30, 2018
Ex-Nation

Happy New Year!

Postby Happy New Year » Fri Jan 01, 2021 12:25 pm

Happy New Year!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:04 pm

I almost got run over at a protest in June.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Jan 01, 2021 1:45 pm

Imperial Dodo wrote:With 2020 coming to a close and the start of a New Year, we are all hopeful for a better year than 2020. We all have many, many stories about 2020 that will no doubt stick with us for the rest of our lives.

No matter your age, your health, or where you live in the world, Covid-19 has affected us all and our lives during 2020 have been changed in a way never seen before. Over the entirety of the year, it has claimed the lives of over 1.9 million innocent humans, many of whom, are health care workers who are risking their own lives to help save the lives of others. If anyone here has lost a family member or friend to this virus, I am truly sorry, and please, please, please reach out to me if you need anything or let me know if there is anything I can do to help.

This year has also taken from us, multiple influential figures in the sports, entertainment, and government worlds. This year we say goodbye to:
• Kobe Bryant
• Chadwick Boseman
• Alex Trebek
• Ruth Bader Ginsburg

among others.

However, this year has also been the start of change which will no doubt continue into 2021. But this change came at a price. Innocent Black Men, Women and Children, we killed as the result of police brutality before the change started. However, people around the world stood up, and banded together, across genders, across religions, and across racial lines, to demand change, because that's who we are and we won't stop fighting until there is racial, religious, and gender equality in every aspect of our every day lives.

In the past 2 or so months, there has been some good news. Around 5 or 6 different companies across the world have announced the release of their Covid-19 vaccines. With vaccinations across the world starting to ramp up, let's hope that we can finally beat this virus. But, this does not mean that we can let our guard down. We must still stay socially distanced (6ft+) and wear masks, as well as avoid large gatherings. On top of this, the vaccine won't start to show widespread impact until over 70% of the population was been vaccinated, which won't for another few months, if not more. This is a team effort. EVERYONE has to participate, EVERYONE has to follow the guidelines, because when you don't, not only are you messing everything up, but you are putting the very lives of others at risk.

All in all, 2020 has been a very rough year, and that is a major understatement. It has had its ups and its downs, though mostly downs, but this doesn't mean that 2021 has to be the same. 2021 will become what WE chose to make of it, OUR actions will be at the heart of what 2021 will be. 2021 can be another 2020, but it doesn't have to be. OUR everyday actions this year will have much greater implications, than ever before. So let's go out there (following guidelines), and show 2021 what we are made of. And let's make it a great f-ing year.

Wishing you all a great 2021,
- Swifty (Imperial Dodo)

Dispatch Version: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1484536

NSG is not your blog.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General