NATION

PASSWORD

Those Without Banners (PMT/Signups/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Those Without Banners (PMT/Signups/OOC)

Postby Phaenix » Thu Dec 17, 2020 3:14 pm

Image


It is the 25th century, and most of Earth is contested by warlords, and none live peaceably. After the collapse of the United States of America back in 2390, and the Euro Wars in 2400, there are few major superpowers left. Africa and the Middle East are the most unchanged, with Africa still embroiled in civil conflict, and the Middle East only having a few warlords. However, though the Great Wars have wound down, there are still countless regional conflicts, and the market for mercenaries and assassins is booming. Though the United Nations still exists, it no longer has the members or the resources to combat mercenaries, and so they have come out of hiding to promote their bloody business in the light. You are one of these dealers of death, either a lone wolf or a member of a team or company. There is no shortage of people with too much money and too many enemies, and they will most certainly want someone to do the work for them. That duty falls to you, one of those without banners.


Hello, and welcome to my RP! As you can tell from the OP, this takes place on Earth and about five hundred years in the future. A shitty future at that, with most of the world's nations collapsing during an event known as "The Collapse". But it is great for you, because more strife means more contracts, and more contracts means more money. Well, unless you die. For those of you who want to know about this strange new world, here is a quick overview of the important nations and powers on Earth.

China
China is a land of a war and strife. After the Great Plague of 2300, the People's Republic of China fell into civil war, and after a few decades of that, the warring factions splintered into numerous successor states. Most of these are led by dynastic Emperors, each decrying communism and the PRC as the reasons for their suffering, and promising to usher in a new golden age under a unified Chinese Empire. The largest amongst them is the Nanguo Empire, controlling the provinces of Hainan, Guangdong, Guangxi, Hunan, Jiangxi, and Fujian. Ruled by Emperor Xiao Hai, the Nanguo Empire is a relative upstart in the region, displacing the venerable Nanman Empire only fifty years back. Its chief rival is the Central Chinese Confederation, an alliance of autonomous provinces subservient to the Confederate Premier in Jiangsu. One of the few supposedly democratic nations in Asia, the Confederation wishes to restore pre-Collapse China as a global superpower. Each side is quite wealthy, and will not hesitate to hire assassins and mercenaries to supplement their armies.

India
India even before the Collapse was a nation on the edge, and after the Collapse those tensions broiled over into open warfare. In the North, near Tibet, the Caliphate of Jhandkar rules from the Himalayas to the Bay of Bengal. Rivaling the Caliphate are the many Rajas and Samrats of India, only ever uniting to force back a Jhadkari invasion. Mercenaries will find an abundance of work here fighting for one Raja one day and another the next. Or perhaps even the Caliph will be looking for guns, though he is a notoriously closefisted man, and would be reluctant to give a single credit to a common mercenary.

Russia
Russia, once a great nation, is now a scattering of independent city-states, Siberian tribes, and steppe hordes. Although reminiscent of medieval times, each of these horselords sports an assault rifle, and the tribesmen drive armored cars. The princes of Novgorod and Kiev both claim to be the center of Orthodoxy and the successors to Russia, and so are often in conflict. However, the border princes are always in need of mercenaries to patrol the steppes and drive off any straggling nomads, although this is dangerous work and pays little.


Scandinavia
It seems that every Scandinavian secretly wished to be vikings, as when the Collapse happened, many rowdy Norwegians, Swedes, and Danes all hopped on boats and proceed to burn England and the mainland. Although disunited, the revival of the ancient Germanic religion has given rise to a shared neo-viking culture. Even though they are more barbarians than actual nations, the Scandinavian kings and jarls are always hiring mercenaries for raids, if you can stomach their violence.

Mainland Europe
After the Collapse, old rivalries resurfaced. The myriad German states all wanted to either form the German Empire again or conquer all of Europe and bring about the Second European Union. A few just wanted Alsace-Lorraine. In France, Aquitaine became independent and retained some vestiges of the Fifth Republic, while mainland France was divided into the Fourth Kingdom of France and the Third French Empire, the Kingdom being ruled by Louis XXV of Bourbon, and the Empire being ruled by Napoleon X d'Anjou. Italy remembered that Rome was a thing, and declared itself the Novus Imperium Romanus, and surprisingly managed to take the Balkans, Greece, and Turkey under Imperator Augustus II. In Poland, their restored king wishes to unite Lithuania and Poland by force, while the Republic of Lithuania just wants to be left alone. With so many conflicts, it will be easy for an enterprising mercenary to find work here.

England
When the Collapse hit, England fell to bits. Wales up and left, before shattering into a hundred petty kingdoms. Scotland sent an ambassador to London, who preceded to flip off the Prime Minister and then returned to the now independent Republic of Scotland. Ireland quickly conquered Northern Ireland, before the old aristocracy shattered the country attempting to claim the High Kingship. And England was forced to deal with raids, unrest, and famine. Not much has changed, except that England is now an absolute monarchy ruled by the House of Hapsburg. No one knows how the Hapsburgs managed to claim the English throne, but no one really cares, since the King's authority ends at the gates of the Palace Westminster, as the lords, mayors, and governors of England all duke it out while their people starve.


United States
Strangely, only the US of A fell victim to the Collapse. First, New England fucked off and declared themselves the Atlantic Mercantile Union. Then, the Pacific States smelled weakness, and in a strongly worded tweet announced their independence and the founding of the Pacific Co-Prosperity Federation. The South, eager to regain non-existent glory, declared the Confederacy reborn, and immediately re-instituted slavery. The final blow to the dying nation was when the steel making states of Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan, along with the rest of the Midwest, declared the Midwestern Empire a thing. Now, they all hate each other, and are in constant war.


Now that that's out of the way, onto the rules!


1. No metagaming or godmodding.
2. You have to be realistic with how you travel. If you're in China one day, you can't just teleport over to Britain the next. You have to spend a little cash to fly there.
3. Don't be a dick.
4. Limit of four characters.
5. Have fun!

I will be RPing all the NPCs, so the officials you meet, the news outlets, etc.


Alexander Archer- Dragos Bee
Lorelei Martin- Kaledoria
Ela Lancaster- Western Fardelshufflestein


Code: Select all
Character Application
(DELETE EVERYTHING IN ())
Name:
Age:
Appearance: (image preferred, if not describe)
Bio: (at least two paragraphs)
Company: (Are you a member of a larger, organized company, by yourself, or with only a small squad?)
Equipment: (nothing OP)
Starting Location:
Theme: (optional)
Motto; (optional)
Company Flag: (optional)
Last edited by Phaenix on Tue Feb 02, 2021 2:11 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Cylarn
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14903
Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Thu Dec 17, 2020 6:30 pm

I'll see about an app.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:35 am

State-mandated BUMP
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Dragos Bee
Minister
 
Posts: 2013
Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Sat Dec 19, 2020 3:21 am

Tag.
I am only here for RPs, so please don't PM me unless it's business related to Roleplaying.

User avatar
Purusapura
Attaché
 
Posts: 66
Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Sat Dec 19, 2020 4:15 am

Tag

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:09 pm

But
Ulm
Makes
Pretzels
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Purusapura
Attaché
 
Posts: 66
Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Sun Dec 20, 2020 2:29 am

Phaenix wrote:But
Ulm
Makes
Pretzels

So I guess technology is still the same

User avatar
Western Fardelshufflestein
Senator
 
Posts: 4288
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:02 am

Oh, yeah. I'm here for this. Might revive a character from a dead RP and adapt his backstory.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | Rules of the Internet | NSG is Budget Twitter
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 10  April 2021 | WF's User Feeling More Anxious Than Usual, Alleges NationStates Newsfeed | Crown Sends Condolences to British Royal Family Upon Death of Prince Philip

User avatar
Western Fardelshufflestein
Senator
 
Posts: 4288
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:19 pm

So it's PMT, right? What does the tech entail? (I'm not knowledgeable about weaponry.)
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | Rules of the Internet | NSG is Budget Twitter
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 10  April 2021 | WF's User Feeling More Anxious Than Usual, Alleges NationStates Newsfeed | Crown Sends Condolences to British Royal Family Upon Death of Prince Philip

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:32 pm

Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:So it's PMT, right? What does the tech entail? (I'm not knowledgeable about weaponry.)

Well, if you've played Infinite Warfare, it's about that tech-level weapons wise. But here's a quick rundown.

Holograms- hologram technology has advanced to the point that holocoms (short for holographic communication devices) have replaced the cellphone and videochat apps, allowing people to talk and move, or fight, at the same time with their hands free. Holograms are also used for advertisement, tactical maps and simulations, and to give AIs a physical body.

Weapons- while there are a few weapons that utilize railgun technology, most weapons are simply amped-up versions of modern weapons, the most popular being the AK-23 and MA24AR assault rifles. Heavier weapons include mechs, which while expensive to maintain allow the user to remain completely protected as they bring death to entire armies. Exosuits are smaller versions of the mech battle suits, increasing the user's strengths and giving them a little protection against small arms fire.

Basically, although there are mechs and exosuits, most weapons are just future versions of modern day weapons, with a few exceptions which you will rarely encounter.
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Western Fardelshufflestein
Senator
 
Posts: 4288
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:33 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:So it's PMT, right? What does the tech entail? (I'm not knowledgeable about weaponry.)

Well, if you've played Infinite Warfare, it's about that tech-level weapons wise. But here's a quick rundown.

Holograms- hologram technology has advanced to the point that holocoms (short for holographic communication devices) have replaced the cellphone and videochat apps, allowing people to talk and move, or fight, at the same time with their hands free. Holograms are also used for advertisement, tactical maps and simulations, and to give AIs a physical body.

Weapons- while there are a few weapons that utilize railgun technology, most weapons are simply amped-up versions of modern weapons, the most popular being the AK-23 and MA24AR assault rifles. Heavier weapons include mechs, which while expensive to maintain allow the user to remain completely protected as they bring death to entire armies. Exosuits are smaller versions of the mech battle suits, increasing the user's strengths and giving them a little protection against small arms fire.

Basically, although there are mechs and exosuits, most weapons are just future versions of modern day weapons, with a few exceptions which you will rarely encounter.

Lit, thanks.

M E C H A V I K I N G S .
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | Rules of the Internet | NSG is Budget Twitter
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 10  April 2021 | WF's User Feeling More Anxious Than Usual, Alleges NationStates Newsfeed | Crown Sends Condolences to British Royal Family Upon Death of Prince Philip

User avatar
Dragos Bee
Minister
 
Posts: 2013
Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Dec 21, 2020 6:40 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Western Fardelshufflestein wrote:So it's PMT, right? What does the tech entail? (I'm not knowledgeable about weaponry.)

Well, if you've played Infinite Warfare, it's about that tech-level weapons wise. But here's a quick rundown.

Holograms- hologram technology has advanced to the point that holocoms (short for holographic communication devices) have replaced the cellphone and videochat apps, allowing people to talk and move, or fight, at the same time with their hands free. Holograms are also used for advertisement, tactical maps and simulations, and to give AIs a physical body.

Weapons- while there are a few weapons that utilize railgun technology, most weapons are simply amped-up versions of modern weapons, the most popular being the AK-23 and MA24AR assault rifles. Heavier weapons include mechs, which while expensive to maintain allow the user to remain completely protected as they bring death to entire armies. Exosuits are smaller versions of the mech battle suits, increasing the user's strengths and giving them a little protection against small arms fire.

Basically, although there are mechs and exosuits, most weapons are just future versions of modern day weapons, with a few exceptions which you will rarely encounter.


I love it!
I am only here for RPs, so please don't PM me unless it's business related to Roleplaying.

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat
 
Posts: 597
Founded: May 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:17 pm

What the heck, this seems interesting enough a premise. I'm bookmarking this for administrative reasons.

I wonder, will the campaign follow a single narrative, with each "security contractor" being drawn into the same place and location by an opening event, or will the story follow each character separately, as they make their way through the treacherous new world solo? Both could work, though the latter would likely be far more difficult to effectively moderate, given how many different events would be transpiring simultaneously.
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:51 pm

Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:What the heck, this seems interesting enough a premise. I'm bookmarking this for administrative reasons.

I wonder, will the campaign follow a single narrative, with each "security contractor" being drawn into the same place and location by an opening event, or will the story follow each character separately, as they make their way through the treacherous new world solo? Both could work, though the latter would likely be far more difficult to effectively moderate, given how many different events would be transpiring simultaneously.

Each player will choose where they start, but they may be drawn to one location due to an escalation in conflicts.
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Western Fardelshufflestein
Senator
 
Posts: 4288
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Western Fardelshufflestein » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:55 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:What the heck, this seems interesting enough a premise. I'm bookmarking this for administrative reasons.

I wonder, will the campaign follow a single narrative, with each "security contractor" being drawn into the same place and location by an opening event, or will the story follow each character separately, as they make their way through the treacherous new world solo? Both could work, though the latter would likely be far more difficult to effectively moderate, given how many different events would be transpiring simultaneously.

Each player will choose where they start, but they may be drawn to one location due to an escalation in conflicts.

Definitely gonna do at least 1 Viking.
The Constitutional Monarchy of Western Fardelshufflestein
Always Has Been. | Rules of the Internet | NSG is Budget Twitter
Tiny, Shakespeare-obsessed island nation northeast of NZ settled by HRE emigrants who thought they'd landed in the West Indies. F7 Stuff Somewhat Not Canon; RP is in real time; Ignore Stats; Still Not Kenneth Branagh.
The Western Fardelshufflestein Sentinel | 10  April 2021 | WF's User Feeling More Anxious Than Usual, Alleges NationStates Newsfeed | Crown Sends Condolences to British Royal Family Upon Death of Prince Philip

User avatar
Libertas Omnium Maximus
Diplomat
 
Posts: 597
Founded: May 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Libertas Omnium Maximus » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:10 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Libertas Omnium Maximus wrote:What the heck, this seems interesting enough a premise. I'm bookmarking this for administrative reasons.

I wonder, will the campaign follow a single narrative, with each "security contractor" being drawn into the same place and location by an opening event, or will the story follow each character separately, as they make their way through the treacherous new world solo? Both could work, though the latter would likely be far more difficult to effectively moderate, given how many different events would be transpiring simultaneously.

Each player will choose where they start, but they may be drawn to one location due to an escalation in conflicts.


So, it's a little bit of both. Gotcha.
The Republic of Libertas Omnium Maximus
(Representative Democracy; Established 1837)
The Litudinem Herald|NationStates Resume|Libertas Omnium Maximus Wiki

User avatar
Purusapura
Attaché
 
Posts: 66
Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

WIP but feel free to review

Postby Purusapura » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:19 am

Character Application

Name: Andreas Botha
Age: 42
Appearance:
(yes I used a pic of Roger Faulques)
Image

Bio: born in Bloemfontein to white middle class Afrikaner parents who spoiled him early on due to being an only child, his education mattered the most as a result they spent greatly on his education and sent him to the best schools but he was quite a delinquent so his parents decided to send him to the South African Military Academy, he decided to organize himself and finally not be a delinquent, he studied hard and eventually became the best student for the army.

military career

He soon joined the south African army after cutting ties with his parents where he distinguished himself and became first lieutenant in the south African army, he later retired and formed his own mercenary group seeking conflict for it'd "thrill" originally it consisted of about 24 people all of whom he knew in the south African army but it grew as he went from nation to nation in Africa slowly gaining traction, as it grew he made sure to keep a clear hierarchy based on the regimental system, the company now operates in whatever area it is in, he holds the highest rank of "Commandant"

Company:
Name: gelukkige soldate (referred to as the Soldate)
Size: 320 soldiers (made it a little bit more appropriate)
Equipment:
Standard issue: AK 23 assault rifle, SIG M17 9mm Pistol
Other: military grade combat exosuit
Starting Location: the European part of Russia (west of the Ural mountains)
Theme: none
Motto; none
Company Flag:
Image
Last edited by Purusapura on Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:08 pm

Purusapura wrote:Character Application

Name: Andreas Botha
Age: 42
Appearance:
(yes I used a pic of Roger Faulques)
(Image)

Bio: born in Bloemfontein to white Afrikaner parents who
Company:
Name: gelukkige soldate
Size: 250 soldiers (the size of a real life company
Equipment:
Standard issue: AK 23 assault rifle, SIG M17 9mm Pistol
Other: military grade combat exosuit
Starting Location: the European part of Russia (west of the Ural mountains)
Theme: none
Motto; none
Company Flag:

Looks good so far.
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Purusapura
Attaché
 
Posts: 66
Founded: Oct 15, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Purusapura » Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:28 pm

Phaenix wrote:
Purusapura wrote:Character Application

Name: Andreas Botha
Age: 42
Appearance:
(yes I used a pic of Roger Faulques)
(Image)

Bio: born in Bloemfontein to white Afrikaner parents who
Company:
Name: gelukkige soldate
Size: 250 soldiers (the size of a real life company
Equipment:
Standard issue: AK 23 assault rifle, SIG M17 9mm Pistol
Other: military grade combat exosuit
Starting Location: the European part of Russia (west of the Ural mountains)
Theme: none
Motto; none
Company Flag:

Looks good so far.

I updated it

User avatar
Dragos Bee
Minister
 
Posts: 2013
Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:28 am

Why not try and seek players from The Andromedaverse RP Group? They have a large number of skilled Roleplayers, some better than me.
I am only here for RPs, so please don't PM me unless it's business related to Roleplaying.

User avatar
Dragos Bee
Minister
 
Posts: 2013
Founded: Jul 17, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Dragos Bee » Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:41 am

Character Application

Name: Alexander Archer

Age: 23

Appearance:
Image

Bio: Alexander didn't know his parents, being one of the many abandoned children of the world. Raised in an orphanage in the Atlantic Mercantile Union, he was given a basic education, while at the same time being able to play with his friends and read stories and watch TV from time to time - That was what passed for 'idyllic' these days. Then the orphanage ran into hard times, and Alexander had to sign up with a mercenary company at sixteen (as laws mandating a minimum age for military personnel were harder to enforce in this brave new world) in order to earn money for it. In this mercenary company, he soon found his vocation - Maintaining Exosuits, and eventually fighting inside one once its former occupant was killed. And while the fighting was hard and traumatizing, the thought of his friends and surrogate family being fed sustained him through it.

Then one day, he and his squad were sent to take on a Mech, a genuine, bona fide Mech piloted by a skilled pilot. Ambushing this machine in the mountains of Sichuan, Alexander lost his entire squad trying to trap the Mech's legs in muddy ground, but won the battle, opening the Mech's cockpit himself only to find a defiant young man, the same age as he was when he first became a mercenary, staring back at him. And it was then that Alexander saw that he had been fighting someone with the same motivations as him, to feed those he loved.

He took the mech and let the boy escape, before coming back to a hero's welcome in his PMC. But the seeds of doubt were sown in him, which then bloomed into an awakening - As long as this state of affairs lasted, as long as peace was not a reality, people will continue to be at risk of starvation and death, and his conscience cannot bear it.

And so one day, he used up his savings to buy the mech he had captured and was now piloting, and then went over to the UN Remnant, which in turn had stopped enforcing its ban on employing mercenaries, and offered to fight for them - They accepted.

Company: By Myself.

Equipment:

- Ballistics Vest and Military Fatigues
- 1x Pistol
- 1x Switchblade
- 1x Credstick with 25,000 digital currency.
- 1x Medkit/First Aid Kit.
- 1x Smartphone
- 1x Laptop
- 1x Solar Charger
- 1x Kindle
- 1x Tablet and Stylus

And finally, he has one Mech - Lumen Humanitas:

Image

Lumen Humanitas has:

- 1x Railgun Rifle
- 1x Coilgun Pistol
- 1x Long Knife
- 1x Mech-Sized Electric Prod

Starting Location: England.

Theme: N/A

Motto; N/A

Company Flag: N/A
I am only here for RPs, so please don't PM me unless it's business related to Roleplaying.

User avatar
Kaledoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1506
Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kaledoria » Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:40 am

Since the general rule is "5 Minutes in the future" technology-wise:
- What's the state of the Internet?
- Do I correctly assume the cybernetics are available as prosthetics but they don't offer any advantage over natural limbs/organs and something like Man-Machine-Interface, Datajack or Mind Impulse Unit is not a thing?
Last edited by Kaledoria on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:45 pm

Kaledoria wrote:Since the general rule is "5 Minutes in the future" technology-wise:
- What's the state of the Internet?
- Do I correctly assume the cybernetics are available as prosthetics but they don't offer any advantage over natural limbs/organs and something like Man-Machine-Interface, Datajack or Mind Impulse Unit is not a thing?

The Internet is actually quite open, so much so that sites leading to the Deep and Dark Webs are easily usable. Cybernetics are available, and simple cybernetics such as an arm or a leg have no advantage other than being metal, but bionics and other performance enhancing cybernetics are available at high costs.
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Phaenix
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 463
Founded: Jun 19, 2020
Father Knows Best State

Postby Phaenix » Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:46 pm

Dragos Bee wrote:Character Application

Name: Alexander Archer

Age: 23

Appearance:
(Image)

Bio: Alexander didn't know his parents, being one of the many abandoned children of the world. Raised in an orphanage in the Atlantic Mercantile Union, he was given a basic education, while at the same time being able to play with his friends and read stories and watch TV from time to time - That was what passed for 'idyllic' these days. Then the orphanage ran into hard times, and Alexander had to sign up with a mercenary company at sixteen (as laws mandating a minimum age for military personnel were harder to enforce in this brave new world) in order to earn money for it. In this mercenary company, he soon found his vocation - Maintaining Exosuits, and eventually fighting inside one once its former occupant was killed. And while the fighting was hard and traumatizing, the thought of his friends and surrogate family being fed sustained him through it.

Then one day, he and his squad were sent to take on a Mech, a genuine, bona fide Mech piloted by a skilled pilot. Ambushing this machine in the mountains of Sichuan, Alexander lost his entire squad trying to trap the Mech's legs in muddy ground, but won the battle, opening the Mech's cockpit himself only to find a defiant young man, the same age as he was when he first became a mercenary, staring back at him. And it was then that Alexander saw that he had been fighting someone with the same motivations as him, to feed those he loved.

He took the mech and let the boy escape, before coming back to a hero's welcome in his PMC. But the seeds of doubt were sown in him, which then bloomed into an awakening - As long as this state of affairs lasted, as long as peace was not a reality, people will continue to be at risk of starvation and death, and his conscience cannot bear it.

And so one day, he used up his savings to buy the mech he had captured and was now piloting, and then went over to the UN Remnant, which in turn had stopped enforcing its ban on employing mercenaries, and offered to fight for them - They accepted.

Company: By Myself.

Equipment:

- Ballistics Vest and Military Fatigues
- 1x Pistol
- 1x Switchblade
- 1x Credstick with 25,000 digital currency.
- 1x Medkit/First Aid Kit.
- 1x Smartphone
- 1x Laptop
- 1x Solar Charger
- 1x Kindle
- 1x Tablet and Stylus

And finally, he has one Mech - Lumen Humanitas:

(Image)

Lumen Humanitas has:

- 1x Railgun Rifle
- 1x Coilgun Pistol
- 1x Long Knife
- 1x Mech-Sized Electric Prod

Starting Location: England.

Theme: N/A

Motto; N/A

Company Flag: N/A

Looks good! Accepted!
Roma Aeterna!

PRO: Autocracy, secularism, socialism, meritocracy, freedom of speech
ANTI: Electoral College, Trump, Democrats, Republicans, Nazism, imperialism, libertarianism, communism, CCP

User avatar
Kaledoria
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1506
Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Libertarian Police State

Postby Kaledoria » Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:05 pm

Character Application

Name: Lorelei Martin
Age: 25
Appearance: Caucasian, 1,79m, 72kg, athletic build, medium-length black hair, dark grey/blue eyes, tiny (barely recocnizable) 1cm long scar on the left side of the head between temple and ear. Tattoos on shoulders, upper arms and left thigh
Image

Bio: Lorelei was born as Gisele Moore in Toronto, Canadian Hegemony. Daughter of an IT-Security expert and a Programmer, Lorelei was introduced to technology from the earliest childhood. At age 11, she started associating herself into Hacker Circles. She equipped her computer with illegal software and gathered a botnet of computers from various localized nets to be able to circumvent most national access restrictions. For years she only used her talent for internet-vandalism and building up connections and generally the thrill of the danger associated with the deep end of the net (You know, with pedophiles, drug-dealers, snuff-porn, hitmen etc.). A few years later, she started with credit card fraud and activism that spilled over to real-life started (leaking illegally acquired documents, doxxing dirty government and corporate power-players, arms and drug deals without the proper licences).
At 17 she broke with her parents (not that her parents were bad people, they did not hurt or abuse her in any way, they were just mostly absent) to protect them, as she joined more radical networks. She had her biometric data in the national database neutralized and created a fake identity.

After three years, her "circle of friends" had grown to something that the government classified as a terrorist organization. At the same time, there were internal tensions between the hedonist and the idealists, the eco-activists, the ultra-democrats and the anarchists (Lorelei herself had a rather hedonist view and shared some democrat and anarchist points but opposed both the extremists of those factions and the eco-terrorists in general) and the group decided to disband before the gov would find them.

With two friends, Lorelei decided to take off the black hat and don a grey one, joining a small, upstart mercenary group specializing in drone- and cyber warfare. She quickly expanded her horizon from mostly net-based information warfare to closed systems, radio-interception and onside hacking. While those fields came naturally to her (even though it lacked the pyschological aspects of hacking, that she was a professional in) she also took shooting and military hand-to-hand combat training, as her fellow company-members insisted. It came in handy in fact, after less then two years on the job, when the tactical control van manned by Lorelei was discovered by an enemy patrol and she had to personally neutralize two enemies.

The mercenary service changed her rapidly. She started to romanticize the young rebel she used to be while getting more and more accustomed to selling her skills to anyone that pays. Her view on politics became extremely jaded. At the same time, she started developing a personal philosophy, that is concerning to her friends (not that she has ever been a model for mental stability). She seeks thrills and takes unnecessary risks, tries to live fast and intense, as if she could be dead tomorrow.

Company: Amber Sky: A mercenary collaboration of 28 members and 6 noncombatant employees. (3 lawyers, 2 secretaries, 1 relationship manager (lobbyist)). The company is collectively owned by the members and business-decisions are made democratically, independently of the military chain of command (1 "captain", 3 "lieutenants", 8 "sergeants", 16 "corporals"). The company has significant resources. The vehicle fleet consists of: A large armored command-tank, two smaller armored amphibious vehicles and six vans (that can be outfitted for surveillance equipment, troop-transport, drone transport). They own two awacs drones, three air-superiority drones, six air-to-ground attack drones, five ground-combat/SAM drones and lots of micro-drones (for surveillance, small arms support, communication and com-interception). They have a contract with H.I.C, a global telecommunication and mapping service that allows them to get high detail satellite images of an area on demand on short notice (usually within 2-3 days).
Amber Sky offers various services and has specialized in military intelligence and reconnaissance.

Equipment: Lorelei's personal equipment consists of a bullet-proof vest, a helmet, a personal firearm (Glock18-style) with sound-suppressor, a civilian motorbike, and a portable computer (while the computer has a flip-up display and keyboard, she usually operates it with Hud-Goggles and motion-capture gloves) with various gadgets. Her latest piece of personal equipment is a bionic implant called SCN-Regulator (see below)

Starting Location: Where do you need me? What is the plot?
Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj1yg-8YxAI
Motto: Wars are not won by dudes with rifles crawling through the mud.
Company Flag: ...

Other:
- Note that Lorelei is not a typical member of her company. She is the best expert on Internet-based cyber-warfare and social hacking. She is an expert with software while many of her colleagues are more focused on the hardware (electronics and mechatronics specialists), on drone-piloting and/or clandestine operations.
- Over radio, Amber Sky uses gem- and mineral-based callsigns. Lorelei's callsign is Lazurite. Yeah, she is known by many names...
- Speaks English, French, ASL (or successor) and a bit of Japanese. Also has a simultaneous translation program on her "board" that speaks 1200 languages.
- Has lately gotten a SCN-Regulator (or sleep regulator as it's commonly known). This bionic implant to the hypothalamus allows her to sleep on command, pre-select the depth and duration of her sleep phase and if necessary reduces the effects of sleep deprivation during extended wake phases (compared to people trained to stay awake for extended periods, she cannot actually stay awake longer then usual. However her concentration drops by less, especially for the first 24 hours). Due to the enhanced quality of the sleep, 6 hours each night is totally sufficient. The implant has other quality of life features concerning the cardiac rythm (digestive system) that are less obvious in a healthy 25 year old.



PS: I started imagining a more in-detail map then the descriptions about the world you have given. In parts I loosely interpreted the framework you set out. In the unspecified regions I made some changes that seem plausible (well, less unplausible then a new Roman Empire ;) ) because after 400 years a lot should have happened... (I think I'm still rather conservative)
https://i.imgur.com/jPJfXQd.jpg
Last edited by Kaledoria on Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:09 am, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Arvenia, Charoskania, Elysian Kentarchy, Endem, Finland SSR, Karrath, Novaya Equestria, Tysklandia

Advertisement

Remove ads