NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Christianity Thread

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Founded: Jan 19, 2020
Ex-Nation

[R] Christianity Thread

Postby Nova Vandalia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:11 pm

Turelisa- wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
Yes, once they've repented, put them to death to save them from themselves.

At least we Catholics have the integrity to admit we were wrong for this line of thinking.

The Bible tells us to 'put away evil from among you' by inflicting the death penalty upon people who commit the most heinous crimes - murder, adultery, incest, paedophilia, criminal insanity and certain unnatural sexual acts.
People who commit these crimes are depraved, and can't be saved. They haven't the Holy Spirit working in them. They are the worst of reprobates.They're outside of God's grace, and must be killed judicially to spare the rest of society their corrupting influence. An evil person is never happy, and death is a release from the suffering which they inflict upon themselves. What is kinder than that? If you spare the reprobate criminal's life, and give him his freedom, you are, in effect, protracting his suffering and eventual self-destruction and guaranteeing the destruction of future victims of his depravity.
If they were in God's grace, they would either be intimidated by the rule of law sufficiently to refrain from temptation to do these unholy acts or, having the Holy Spirit working in them, would be regenerated from that natural depravity whence springs all Evil.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=479083&p=38102646&sid=30f0355f708bf37e87292de3c1bb3c93#p38102646

I feel like calling summary execution of folx is a bit much?
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Be Ruthless to Systems, Be Kind to People.

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:17 pm

You don't know what summary execution means. I said 'killed judicially.' The death penalty given in a court of law.
Last edited by Turelisa- on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:28 pm

Ah So you did. Either was I'd still like a mod to look at it, because I feel like calling for the death of a group that you simply don't like is still pushing the line.
If my tone is coming off as a little harsh, please call me out on it, I rarely mean to come off that way.

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:40 pm

No. I'm not calling for the death penalty for a 'group.' I'm advocating the death penalty for certain crimes, some of which are capital crimes in nations today.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

Founded: Oct 01, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:41 pm

Not actionable, though I would recommend extreme caution since you are incredibly close to the line.
Last edited by Neutraligon on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to call me by a nickname, call me Gon...or NS Batman.
Mod stuff: One Stop Rules Shop | Reppy's Sig Workshop | Getting Help Request
Just A Little though

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:43 pm

Neutraligon wrote:Not actionable, though I would recommend caution.

Thank for looking it at Neutraligon. Can't say I feel comfortable with the decision but I understand it.

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Thank you, moderator. I shall bear your advice in mind.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:46 pm

Nova Vandalia wrote:
Neutraligon wrote:Not actionable, though I would recommend caution.

Thank for looking it at Neutraligon. Can't say I feel comfortable with the decision but I understand it.

Like I said they are tapdancing on that line.
Just A Little though

Nova Vandalia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Nova Vandalia » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:57 pm

Neutraligon wrote:
Nova Vandalia wrote:

Like I said they are tapdancing on that line.

*leaves a nice crawdad broil* Danke! Either way for taking a look.
Last edited by Nova Vandalia on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:32 am

Calling me a snake:

Turelisa- wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Tbh this is not the first time that Turelisa has advocated that the likes of LGBT people be killed, so it's no surprise.

Snakes are not welcome in this thread, nor is the poison that they pour into the ears of those who will listen tolerated.

And yes I get that it's a Bible reference, but from past rulings I've seen that using the Bible to flame or troll is no excuse.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:16 am

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=479083&p=38103861#p38103861

The post was a reaction to this flamebait. I have never advocated killing LGBT people!

The New California Republic wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:
He's talking about the LGBs

Tbh this is not the first time that Turelisa has advocated that the likes of LGBT people be killed, so it's no surprise.
Last edited by Turelisa- on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:21 am

Turelisa- wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=479083&p=38103861#p38103861

The post was a reaction to this flamebait. I have never advocated killing LGBT people!

How does pointing out that you have engaged in similar things before, to provide context for those asking about the meaning, constitute "flamebait"?

If you sincerely thought that it was flamebait then you should have flagged it up in the first instance, instead of calling me a snake and then trying to counter-report using the alleged "flamebait" ex post facto.
Last edited by The New California Republic on Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Lamoni
Game Moderator

Founded: Antiquity
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Lamoni » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:59 am

I'm calling the charge of flamebait against NCR non-actionable. NCR was pointing out that you have engaged in a specific behavior before, in order to provide context for someone asking about what you meant, Turelisa.

Turelisa- wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well, this is perhaps the greatest example of a burn I have seen in a while. I would recommend some immediate third-degree burn surgery at the hospital.

Didn't even scratch the surface. The hysteria and deciet with which Tarsonis has disgraced himself exposes faults that show the Holy Spirit has done no work within him, despite his professed faith.
It just goes to show Catholicism, the spawn of Roman imperalism and mongrel myatico-paganism, is the heresy which it has always been.

Now as for this and the snake comment, Turelisa, you get a:

*** 24-hour ban for Trolling Tarsonis and NCR ***
National Anthem
Resides in Greater Dienstad. (Former) Mayor of Equilism.
I'm a Senior N&I RP Mentor. Questions? TG me!
Licana on the M-21A2 MBT: "Well, it is one of the most badass tanks on NS."

Vortiaganica: Lamoni I understand fully, of course. The two (Lamoni & Lyras) are more inseparable than the Clinton family and politics.

Triplebaconation: Lamoni commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Mandela of NS.

Part of the Meow family in Gameplay, and a GORRAM GAME MOD! My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:02 am

Cheers Lamoni.

Wave on, wave on

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 10:40 am

Turelisa- wrote:
Benuty wrote:Well, this is perhaps the greatest example of a burn I have seen in a while. I would recommend some immediate third-degree burn surgery at the hospital.

Didn't even scratch the surface. The deceit, hysteria and vicious ad hominem with which Tarsonis has disgraced himself exposes faults that show the Holy Spirit has done no work within him, despite his professed faith.
It just goes to show Catholicism, the spawn of Roman imperalism and mongrel mystico-paganism, is the heresy which it has always been.

In light of the first comment that was reported here, I would like to point out that the emphasized point here is more or less calling for Tars to be put to death. He's not saying it outright, but he said earlier that it's grounds to be put to death, so the implication is pretty clear.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:04 pm

Punished UMN wrote:
Turelisa- wrote:
Didn't even scratch the surface. The deceit, hysteria and vicious ad hominem with which Tarsonis has disgraced himself exposes faults that show the Holy Spirit has done no work within him, despite his professed faith.
It just goes to show Catholicism, the spawn of Roman imperalism and mongrel mystico-paganism, is the heresy which it has always been.

In light of the first comment that was reported here, I would like to point out that the emphasized point here is more or less calling for Tars to be put to death. He's not saying it outright, but he said earlier that it's grounds to be put to death, so the implication is pretty clear.

I direct your attention to the warning post two posts above yours.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Punished UMN
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 05, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Punished UMN » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:07 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:

I direct your attention to the warning post two posts above yours.

Since it's directly relevant to his posts here, I would like to say that Turelisa is harassing me for reporting his posts in my telegrams. Do I need to submit a GHR?
Last edited by Punished UMN on Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eastern Orthodox Christian. Purgatorial universalist.
Ascended beyond politics, now metapolitics is my best friend. Proud member of the Napoleon Bonaparte fandom.
I have borderline personality disorder, if I overreact to something, try to approach me after the fact and I'll apologize.
The political compass is like hell: if you find yourself on it, keep going.
Pro: The fundamental dignitas of the human spirit as expressed through its self-actualization in theosis. Anti: Faustian-Demonic Space Anarcho-Capitalism with Italo-Futurist Characteristics

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Fri Dec 18, 2020 4:31 pm

Please do as we need game mods to deal with telegrams.
Just A Little though

Mostrov
Minister

Founded: Aug 06, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mostrov » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:49 am

Last edited by Mostrov on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:48 am

If my likening of a playerto a snake is trolling, then, by extension, so is this -

Tarsonis wrote:
Turelisa- wrote:
Snakes are not welcome in this thread, nor is the poison that they pour into the ears of those who will listen tolerated.

And yet, here you are.

Although I wouldnt bet the moderator regards it so. I can't help but notice bias in many of the recent moderation judgments concerning me .
Last edited by Turelisa- on Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:21 am

Turelisa- wrote:If my likening of a playerto a snake is trolling, then, by extension, so is this -

Tarsonis wrote:
And yet, here you are.

Although I wouldnt bet the moderator regards it so. I can't help but notice bias in many of the recent moderation judgments concerning me .

viewtopic.php?p=38110172#p38110172

Perhaps what you see as bias against you is our bias in favor of the rules, which you have a habit of breaking. You might consider that you've gotten a warning and two bans so far this month, and examine your behavior.
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:21 am

Mostrov wrote:
Punished UMN wrote:This is just awful theology. Calvinism truly is Satanic.

If I were to argue that 'Islam is Satanic' in the respective thread I would probably be dinged, I don't see why this is any different. The anti-protestant bias in the thread is quite palpable.

viewtopic.php?p=38110167#p38110167

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:52 am

Thank you, moderator.

Turelisa-
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Turelisa- » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:50 pm

The New California Republic wrote:
Tarsonis wrote:

He's talking about the LGBs

Tbh this is not the first time that Turelisa has advocated that the likes of LGBT people be killed, so it's no surprise.

I'm reporting the italicised quote above as trolling.
The New California Republic is blatantly lying, as I have never advocated 'LGBT people be killed' either in this thread or in any other, and the fact that the player has failed to prove his accusation with a direct quote to the previous post(s) which he refers to to try and corrobate his false accusation achieves nothing but to corrobate my case against him.
Last edited by Turelisa- on Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Neutraligon
Game Moderator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Neutraligon » Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:51 pm

Turelisa- wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Tbh this is not the first time that Turelisa has advocated that the likes of LGBT people be killed, so it's no surprise.

I'm reporting the italicised quote above as trolling.
New Californian Republic is blatantly lying, as I have never advocated 'LGBT people be killed' either in this thread or in any other, and the fact that the player has failed to prove his accusation with a direct quote to the previous post(s) which he refers to to try and corrobate his false accusation achieves nothing but to corrobate my case against him.

Not actionable.
Just A Little though

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation