NATION

PASSWORD

Entropic Sunrise - [OOC, Signup, Discussion, FT/FanT, War]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Disorder
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Entropic Sunrise - [OOC, Signup, Discussion, FT/FanT, War]

Postby The Disorder » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:47 pm

Edit:
The RP thread is currently up! Click here to check it out.

I'm looking to start a planetary invasion RP for my freshly-created NS nation, The Disorder. I have been doing various roleplays on discord involving the Disorder for a couple of years, but I only recently discovered NS.

The Disorder is a secular destruction cult that evolved into a rogue nation, and they are actively seeking to become a technological & magical superpower. Fortunately, they're pretty far away from achieving such an ambitious long-term goal.

I need someone for The Disorder to invade. Preferably a small to mid-size FT/FanT civilization, with FTL technology and a decent to serious military. I'll calibrate the Disorder's OrBat & force commitments depending on what they're up against. It's totally possible to do a fun & balanced invasion, even against a MT/PMT nation, the Disorder just needs to bring less stuff to the theater. If if the Disorder is up against a somewhat expansive interstellar nation, more than one world can be at stake.

Because of the Disorder's tiny population & extremist focus on technological superiority, their military favors quality over quantity to the max. Instead of committing a battalion of troops, they will commit one or two warriors in powered armor, with jetpacks and BFGs. Instead of deploying a squadron of space battleships, they'll deploy one really nightmarish warship.

I imagine that the RP will be a story about the atrocities of war when facing an utterly ruthless enemy, the slow disintegration of morale, and questions about how to proceed militarily with the threat of extinction on the horizon. Propaganda and psyops could play a huge part in the story. Violent & dark content is likely, as very few of the Disorder's weapons can be considered 'humane'.

Ultimately, at the end of the RP, The Disorder will lose. I intend for the Disorder's forces to be routed, and their invasion to fail. How exactly is up to the imagination - roleplaying is collaborative, not competitive. The Disorder will probably inflict some damage along the way, but the 'good guys' will indeed win. Disorder forces are nightmarish, but not invincible.

And, because I imagine that people enjoy playing the hero & saving the day, this is open to more than one nation. Against an enemy as evil and reprehensible as The Disorder, it should be easy for nations to come to one anothers' aid.
Last edited by The Disorder on Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
A secular destruction-cult, a rogue nation of space nomads, militarized mad scientists & anarchists.

NS Stats for The Disorder are not IC. These are.
A 4.333 civilization, according to this index.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:48 pm

Some 3D Art I have done:

An Inter-atmospheric assault shuttle, optimized for surface bombing & close air support.

I may post more spaceships here as I 3D model them.
Last edited by The Disorder on Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
A secular destruction-cult, a rogue nation of space nomads, militarized mad scientists & anarchists.

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Qhevak » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:57 am

Don't feel like having my nation invaded RN, but I'd like to contribute some of my PMC forces to the aid of whoever gets invaded in the event that this gets going.
The Oortian Community of Qhevak
Distributed association of posthuman Oort cloud space habitats in deep Scutum Centaurus - basically all of these ideologies living together. A Power 5 civilization according to this index. Does not use NS stats. Wiki here.
Aerospace Engineering grad student, currently doing work on smallsat and sounding rocket projects.
Previously Gogol Transcendancy, Ibis Galaxy Alliance.
N&I RP in a shellnut

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Sat Nov 21, 2020 1:54 pm

It's impossible to know in advance what the good guys' OrBat will look like - but I expect that some anti-air units would help.

Stealthy military space transports would probably be great too. Disorder warships are pretty nightmarish, so sneaking past them might be a better proposition than openly engaging them.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:22 pm

Shameless *bump*
Last edited by The Disorder on Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Imperial-Octavia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Imperial-Octavia » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:46 pm

Hmmm, I would be interested in this, but I'm already running my own kinda similar RP with my own nation. I'm not sure if I could find any time to involve myself in this, but I am definitely interested
|| Factbooks ||
| Tech Level: FT |

Current Year: 2476
The Empire of Octavia ✙ "Assimilate or die!"
The Mechanical horde marches forward and it comes for you!

Number of owned Star Systems: 163

Pinnacle news:BREAKING NEWS: The Paramount, the Dearest Leader and Spearhead of the Synthetic Revolution has been confirmed to be dead in the Imperial Palace. The interim government of the Mechanator Council has found the cause of death to be a rare failing of the consciousness backup system combined with a simultaneous accident leading to the death of The Paramount’s main consciousness. Grand Mechanator H’Krell has declared a decade of mourning.
This nation was created by The Rapture Republic, inspired by Inkopolia. Now owned by Atkemri.

Kiu Ghesik
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kiu Ghesik » Sat Nov 28, 2020 5:54 pm

I'd definitely be down for contributing in a minor role to either side on my most FT alt, but a lack of time to really commit to it means I don't think I could be host to these lovely entropic chaps, even if it might fit the setting. This definitely seems like something I'd be interested in participating in, though.
Brief
Caller
Clans
Strife
Words
Faith

 ✵  THE GREAT KIU - EJADRIR DEGHEU GIYEF KHUDEYVH. ✵ 

Questions | Soon | Nomadwave
✵ A newly-birthed confederation of insular nomadic clansmen struggling to remain a local great power in the face of their expanding foes. May or may not be united by worship of an eldritch mother-goddess. Now with extra align=center!

✵ ooc: i dont exist
She's loyal, smol, ready to rol. Big big bowl, full of rol. Smol rol, big bowl. Cinny rol, big bowl, smol rol.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Fri Dec 04, 2020 2:50 pm

I appreciate the interest. It's good to know that there are other RPers interested in this sort of thing.

*bumps again*

Lady Scylla
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Lady Scylla » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:59 am

Since you're familiar with discord, I'll link you to the NationStates World Building server. This isn't an 'official' server of NS, but it's very active as we cover all tech and discuss and collaborate on ideas and our concepts daily. I think you'll find people interested. It's open to the public.

Unthidor
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:39 am

Are you still looking for someone to invade? I'm working on a FT storefront that will feature battle mech's (think gundam-like tech), and this could be a good way to introduce them. Also, working on writing my nation's factbook, but basically think Original Series Star Trek-style ships and tech, mixed with the battle mechs. I could be the invaded world, or someone that helps them fight back.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:05 pm

Unthidor wrote:Are you still looking for someone to invade?

Absolutely, yes!

A military that has access to abundant battlemechs would definitely present a worthwhile & narratively interesting challenge. While the Disorder Fleet's warships are absolutely nightmarish in combat, their energy weapon technologies are useless for doing orbital strikes. The only good orbit-to-surface weapons that The Disorder has at their disposal are prohibitively costly to deploy.

When the Disorder needs to besiege planets in a cost-effective manner (which is the case almost all the time) they do it through airstrikes, not orbital strikes. They're substantially weaker at invading & glassing planets than warship-on-warship space combat.
Last edited by The Disorder on Thu Dec 10, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:41 am

That all sounds perfect. I was reading the info about your ships in your factbook, and think we could have an interesting conflict. With the newly-built battle mech's defending the ground and sky, while my limited fleet attempts to defend space. My ships are (currently) armed with laser weapons and atomic-style anti-ship missiles. We could start with your forces invading and taking one of my colonies, leading to an attempt to land troops (mech's) to reclaim it, before the war finds its way to my primary planet.

I'm going to try to get pics of the Mech's posted sometime this weekend, but we can get started anytime you'd like. Any other details to work out?
Last edited by Unthidor on Fri Dec 11, 2020 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:28 am

Hey there! I will likely crank up the RP thread on Sunday.

Also, I just finished 3D modeling & writing the factbook for the last of the four Disorder spaceships that I consider 'essential' - which you can read about here:
https://www.nationstates.net/nation=the ... id=1475492

Having the Disorder successfully invade a low-priority world before a bigger showdown at a more important planet will be perfect - it will give Unthidor a great opportunity to learn about their enemy, and also make preparations for a proper invasion.

The Disorder's ORBAT will probably look something like this:

3 to 5 Arustkaanas
2 Koracks
(one of which will be loaded with mechs, hovertanks, and a half-dozen Norothrex shuttles)

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:05 pm

Cool, look forward to it. Working on updated info for my factbook, and building a display so I can photograph the Mech models. also working on their stats.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:28 am

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:08 am

Sweet, and I've just replied. Also, just an fyi, I will try to reply asap, but with work being crazy due to the holiday season, i get pulled away from my desk alot. Please bear with me if i don't reply right away. Oh, and i'm in the US Eastern Time zone, in case I miss replies overnight.

Should have pics and stats of Mechs up in a day or so. Building the display is taking a bit longer than I thought, lol

EDIT: Oh, and here's info on my ships.
Last edited by Unthidor on Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

CBG Palisade
Secretary

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby CBG Palisade » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:54 am

This is Kiu Ghesik's alt I mentioned earlier. If you're still taking participants, I'd like to make use of a PMC/warlord state I'm working on within this nation's canon at the moment. It's pretty underdeveloped in terms of its ORBAT, so being given a chance to work that out would be nice, even if what I have in mind for their capabilities would likely be taken apart like a tin can by half the stuff you guys field.

If that works for you, or if you'd like more details, just say so and I can provide the necessary info. Despite the fact the tech isn't really presented well right now I do have notes I could send over if you'd like to approve it. It's... not at all enough to keep my lads from being wasted, but that's part of the fun, I think.
The reason KG hasn't finished any of their other projects. Now two three twelve nations. Very WIP.
please help the scope of this project keeps expanding and i can't stop it
i simp for iambic pentameter
Other Horrid Projects of Mine: Kiu Ghesik | Miranda-22 | Outer Acharet

Hub Page | Fleet Overview | Factbook ETA: err::fileNotFound
collated_ticker_cor98: Committee for Stability and Security publishes industrial goals for Q3, begins enlisting private contractors to aid in meeting them | the bois confiscated the forbidden slush, how? | Heads of CFSS to host Gang of Twelve conference in Landing

Vaspelia wrote:this nation is wip and raw as fuck, pls don't look at it yet

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:18 am

CBG Palisade, I'd be fine with you joining, but would be up to The Disorder. Since he's invading me, what role do you think you'd play?

Oh, and I'm also planning on making this part of my nation's cannon. To that end, once I get the storefront built, you might find the mech's i'll be using could help add to your own forces. but we'll see.

Nice touch on your flag, btw.

CBG Palisade
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG Palisade » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:21 am

Unthidor wrote:CBG Palisade, I'd be fine with you joining, but would be up to The Disorder. Since he's invading me, what role do you think you'd play?

Oh, and I'm also planning on making this part of my nation's cannon. To that end, once I get the storefront built, you might find the mech's i'll be using could help add to your own forces. but we'll see.

Nice touch on your flag, btw.

Thankee. Given that Qhevak is both planning on sending a PMC and going to be on your side, I was thinking if I was approved I might find some way to act as a foil to their unit. That would both require some pre-planning between them and myself and approval by the Disorder, though.
The reason KG hasn't finished any of their other projects. Now two three twelve nations. Very WIP.

collated_ticker_cor98: Committee for Stability and Security publishes industrial goals for Q3, begins enlisting private contractors to aid in meeting them | the bois confiscated the forbidden slush, how? | Heads of CFSS to host Gang of Twelve conference in Landing

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:11 pm

CBG Palisade, you are welcome to join in the RP.

However, you should be aware that The Disorder is a secular destruction cult with a space fleet, which regularly engages in hyperdrive-propelled terrorism. Most (but of course not all) nations would probably want to fight against the Disorder. They're intended to be the villains and antagonists.

I would encorage you to side with Unthidor, because the 'good guys' could probably use the extra help.

Of course, if you're more interested in siding with the Disorder, I would be fine with that too. Just be aware, I intend for the Disorder to lose at the end of this RP.

I would also recommend that you keep your nation's force commitments fairly conservative. The bulk of our war RP will focus upon one major world in Unthidor territory. A small fleet of dropships inserted into either side's ORBAT would be most welcome. A million tanks, however, may present a bit of a balance problem. I would prefer to not have to add or subtract large numbers of forces to/from the Disorder's ORBAT to ensure that the good guys win & the victory is a hard-fought one.

Either way, you are more than welcome to join us, and send some troops into the meatgrinder. And I also enjoy reading notes about how other nations fight wars, so those would be awesome!

EDIT:
I went ahead and added you to the list of nations signed up to post to the RP.
Last edited by The Disorder on Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:24 pm, edited 5 times in total.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:17 pm

Unthidor wrote:Also, just an fyi, I will try to reply asap, but with work being crazy due to the holiday season, i get pulled away from my desk alot. Please bear with me if i don't reply right away.

You're 100% good. Occasionally my turnaround time to post will exceed 24 hours (more rarely, sometimes even 48 hours). Work craziness and assorted AFKs are totally fine with me.
Last edited by The Disorder on Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CBG Palisade
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG Palisade » Tue Dec 15, 2020 8:59 am

The Disorder wrote:CBG Palisade, you are welcome to join in the RP.

However, you should be aware that The Disorder is a secular destruction cult with a space fleet, which regularly engages in hyperdrive-propelled terrorism. Most (but of course not all) nations would probably want to fight against the Disorder. They're intended to be the villains and antagonists.

I would encorage you to side with Unthidor, because the 'good guys' could probably use the extra help.

Of course, if you're more interested in siding with the Disorder, I would be fine with that too. Just be aware, I intend for the Disorder to lose at the end of this RP.

I would also recommend that you keep your nation's force commitments fairly conservative. The bulk of our war RP will focus upon one major world in Unthidor territory. A small fleet of dropships inserted into either side's ORBAT would be most welcome. A million tanks, however, may present a bit of a balance problem. I would prefer to not have to add or subtract large numbers of forces to/from the Disorder's ORBAT to ensure that the good guys win & the victory is a hard-fought one.

Either way, you are more than welcome to join us, and send some troops into the meatgrinder. And I also enjoy reading notes about how other nations fight wars, so those would be awesome!

EDIT:
I went ahead and added you to the list of nations signed up to post to the RP.

Aight, thanks. Depending on how things go down I'll wait for an opportunity to insert my poor mercs into the conflict to surely be murdered in horrific ways in the name of profiting off of someone else's war. Don't worry about the force commitment; I'm not planning on inserting more than a thousand or so personnel all told, and their ORBAT is going to be suited for operations around the edge. Support, attacks of opportunity, that sort of thing.

Of course, they'll be woefully underequipped for the sort of threat they're facing, but we won't tell them that.

Thanks for adding me, mate! Let me write a bit more and I'll have some notes to share shortly.

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Tue Dec 15, 2020 9:27 am

CBG Palisade wrote:Aight, thanks. Depending on how things go down I'll wait for an opportunity to insert my poor mercs into the conflict to surely be murdered in horrific ways in the name of profiting off of someone else's war. Don't worry about the force commitment; I'm not planning on inserting more than a thousand or so personnel all told, and their ORBAT is going to be suited for operations around the edge. Support, attacks of opportunity, that sort of thing.

Of course, they'll be woefully underequipped for the sort of threat they're facing, but we won't tell them that.

Thanks for adding me, mate! Let me write a bit more and I'll have some notes to share shortly.

Hired mercs, that could work well. Unthidor is divided up into different Houses, and we could have one of them hire the mercs to protect it's own assets. or something along those lines.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:16 pm

Also, in operations around the perimeter of the engagement (instead of right in the middle of the killzone), even an under-equipped force might do some damage. Committing where the enemy is weaker instead of stronger is usually a good idea.

It is also very narratively plausible that hired mercs could join the Disorder's side. A proper nation might have some moral concerns about fighting alongside alien monsters that incite mass extinctions, on the basis that mass extinction is good, natural, noble, and worth accelerating. But mercenaries do not have to include themselves in the moral debate. If there is an appropriately large cube of gold in it for them, being bad guys is just good for business.

Furthermore, as mercenaries, it is possible that they may end up swapping sides halfway through the war, if the opposite side offers them more money!
Last edited by The Disorder on Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Unthidor
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:00 pm

even some possible intrigue. such as one House secretly hiring the mercs (after observing them in combat) to attack a base that's guarded my the new Mechs......without telling the mercs or the base troops what's going on in a covert way to test them in combat....hehehe ;)

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents