NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:49 pm

The Orion Islands wrote:
Jon M. Huntsman Center, Salt Lake City, Utah. Everitt Colbert Town Hall

Huntsman Center was an impressive arena in all respects. 81 NCAA Men's Tournament games have been hosted here, most notably, the 1979 National Championship, where Magic Johnson's Michigan State defeated Larry Bird's Indiana State, setting the stage for them to take their rivalry to the next level in the NBA. It was the largest arena in the Pac-12, and the second highest at 4,780 feet above sea level. The Runnin' Utes made there home here, and Colbert remembered spending many a day here, in the student section, leading various cutting chants and insults at BYU, New Mexico, UNLV, and all the others. Now today, Colbert managed to convince the university to rent it out to him for a town hall. He saw Senator Moore's tweet, and decided he wasn't wrong. So he decide to host an open forum town hall, with students and interested people from greater Salt Lake.

"Hello, I am Everitt Colbert. I was a student at the University of Utah here and now I have the privilege of serving you as your Senator, your voice in D.C. This is one of the most consequential years, one of the most consequential elections in recent memory. I hope today I can answer some of your questions about my actions in Washington and what you can expect from the Republican Party in 2020 and beyond. This nation is made up of We The People, and We The People need to hold their government to account, so you may begin asking questions."

(OOC: Feel free to ask Colbert questions.)

"Hey, Senator Colbert, there are a crap ton of different races in different states going on, are you going to be assisting in any of them to help push the Reds over the finish line? Also, do you have any plans on doing bipartisan work with any new Democratic Senator if they win anywhere?"

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:46 pm

Bruke wrote:Karel handed Buster the yogurt of his choice.

“You’re right about that- this can be the start of a good partnership. As long as I’m in leadership, I’m willing to work with anyone of any wing of the party- as long as they’re willing to work with me, you understand?” He continued.

“There is one more thing- but I’d like to save it for another time. I want to see how you do with this nuclear power bill first, or at least, how you’re voting on the bills I’ve prioritized for the docket.”
Buster took the yogurt and smiled appreciatively, nodding to show he understood the party boss. "I can't promise I'll be in l— lockstep with the party," he answered, "but I'll put the needs of my c— constituents over ideology, I can promise you that."
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:52 pm

Representative Crawford Clay
@CrawfordClayJr

@LLazareTX can send as many tweets as she likes. All that matters is that she's WRONG on energy; WRONG for Texas. #KeepTexasRed #ClayForSenate

@CrawfordClayJr

Anyone who wants to throttle the industry that employs 1 in 6 Texan workers doesn't understand our state. I want to protect and MULTIPLY our jobs, not KILL them with taxes and regulations. #KeepTexasRed #ClayForSenate

How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:01 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Bruke wrote:Karel handed Buster the yogurt of his choice.

“You’re right about that- this can be the start of a good partnership. As long as I’m in leadership, I’m willing to work with anyone of any wing of the party- as long as they’re willing to work with me, you understand?” He continued.

“There is one more thing- but I’d like to save it for another time. I want to see how you do with this nuclear power bill first, or at least, how you’re voting on the bills I’ve prioritized for the docket.”
Buster took the yogurt and smiled appreciatively, nodding to show he understood the party boss. "I can't promise I'll be in l— lockstep with the party," he answered, "but I'll put the needs of my c— constituents over ideology, I can promise you that."

Karel took a moment to consider what the Californian said before replying. “Your concern for your constituents... it’s a lifesaver in our line of work. Well then, unless there’s anything you’d like to discuss, I ought to send you on your way. Let me know if you ever have any concerns about a bill on the docket... my office door is always open and I check my email often.”

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:17 pm

(Image)
@CrawfordClayJr

@LLazareTX can send as many tweets as she likes. All that matters is that she's WRONG on energy; WRONG for Texas. #KeepTexasRed #ClayForSenate

(Image)

(Image)
@CrawfordClayJr

Anyone who wants to throttle the industry that employs 1 in 6 Texan workers doesn't understand our state. I want to protect and MULTIPLY our jobs, not KILL them with taxes and regulations. #KeepTexasRed #ClayForSenate

(Image)

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

Listen Crawford, I don't want this to get ugly, but your dead wrong. NOBODY wants to throttle the oil industry, where have I ever said that. If you don't understand that the Earth is changing, then do some research, 300 million years ago, the earth was just one large continent. If you don't believe in climate change, go and research the evidence they found of ice caps in SOUTH AFRICA.

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

The forests are being depleted, and no matter who does what, there will eventually be none of them left, JUST LIKE COAL, JUST LIKE OIL, and eventually, JUST LIKE ENDANGERED ANIMALS. How am I wrong about energy, give me one factual statement, not one scientist who is credible and who has a proper college education will agree with you.

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

The University of Texas in Austin wrote a whole report on climate change, so if I'm saying it, the scientists are saying it, and FELLOW TEXANS are saying it, and you aren't then you are sending out false statements. You see Texans, Crawford Clay thinks that the constituents of Texas are dumb and don't know what is going on with the world, he is relying on all of you to not understand the way the world works and he is dead wrong.

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

Texans are smart, and they will vote for someone smart, not Crawford Clay. If you cared about Texas Mr. Clay, you would stop looking to the past for answers, or explanations, look to the futures for new and improved ideas, and prepare Texas for the times that we will soon face, politically, financially, and environmentally. If your going to attack my campaign, attack something you actually can factually base your opnions on Mr. Clay.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:19 pm

Bruke wrote:Karel took a moment to consider what the Californian said before replying. “Your concern for your constituents... it’s a lifesaver in our line of work. Well then, unless there’s anything you’d like to discuss, I ought to send you on your way. Let me know if you ever have any concerns about a bill on the docket... my office door is always open and I check my email often.”
Buster reached to shake hands with the other as he rose. "Th— thanks for your transparency, Senator," he smiled, tearing the lid off his yogurt and spooning some into his mouth as he left Karel's office. He had a bill to write...

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:35 pm

@CrawfordClayJr

@LLazareTX Instead of browbeating your constituents, take it up with China, which produces TWICE the CO2 emissions we do (and still rising! US emission rates are falling!) #KeepTexasRed #ClayForSenate

The Wanderer

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:38 pm

(Image)
@CrawfordClayJr

@LLazareTX Instead of browbeating your constituents, take it up with China, which produces TWICE the CO2 emissions we do (and still rising! US emission rates are falling!) #KeepTexasRed #ClayForSenate

(Image)

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

China isn't the United States Mr. Crawford, China is Across the Ocean. The US is our responsibility and China is theirs, we only have to worry about China's communism and their trade with us. As long as you are running for US Senate, your job is to worry about Texas and the US not China's environment.

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:29 am

Joe Frankston
@JoeForTexas

Anyone who'd go after Texan jobs for their illusion of 'justice' isn't the right fit for Texas.
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:46 am

Levi Murphy Stumping in Concord
Concord, Merrimack County, New Hampshire

Due to the liberal nature of New Hampshire, Levi knew that he would have to take a more different approach than he took in Iowa. Many Democratic voters in New Hampshire did care about a lot of the issues that Levi had already raised, but the Team believed it was right to push some of the more commonly held liberal views. This included on the environment. Levi's first arrival point was at a Solar Panel Farm in Concord. The Senator was given a tour of the Solar Farm, speaking with many of the workers there. After given a tour of the Solar Panel Farm, he gave a short stump speech outside, that would attract supporters and the media.

"Hello! It's time to bring change to Washington D.C., everyone. That's because the globe around us in rapidly changing and the United States government is not adapting with it. One of these issues is the matter of climate change - one of the most important issues of our time - and we cannot slip and lose this election because that means we will have another four years of climate denialism. While it affects the coasts of California, to the East Coast, there is also a dire impact on our farmers who are facing harder growing conditions and reduced rainfall. This is a matter for all Americans, regardless of where they live in the union, because in my eyes, an injury to one is an injury to all. To let our people down in this global battle against climate change would be a disservice. Except, I believe there is even more on the line. The planet is on the line. We want a world that our children's children can enjoy, not left with the scraps that we left behind. Like all parents, I want to leave a healthy, livable planet for our children. That world is possible, the only thing standing in our way is the reluctance to do anything about it.

As one the largest polluters in the world, as presidential candidates, we must have a policy on climate change. I stand strongly behind my recently released policy, the Green New Deal. The Green New Deal takes heavy inspiration from the New Deal of Franklin D. Roosevelt, as it mobilizes the American populace and industry in the fight against climate change, like we did the fascist invaders in the 1940s. What this means is a transformation to 100% renewable energy by 2045, and in turn, a renewable sector that employs upwards of fifteen-million people in many of the towns and cities that have been left behind in the neoliberal projects of the 80s and 90s. The work on renewable energies have already begun in much of Europe, we can take a look at Germany as a prime example of that. While the coal industry in the Rhine shut its doors, not a single miner or associated worker lost their job. That's true. That's the kind of transition plan that I'm interested in. One that puts workers and the environment first, because they're not diametrically opposed to each other. That's the future that I am going to fight for.

There is more, however, that needs to be done on the environment. Such as protecting our air and water, some of the major cities are haunted by air pollution due to lack of regulation and oversight. This means clouded and unhealthy cities for our children, that's not the kind of society that I would stand for. The kind of society I believe in is one that puts people first, including our environment, because a healthy environment is a healthy populace. Protect our air and water with stronger regulations and prevent the theft from water bottling companies seeking to steal our natural riches. To protect the environment, it also means making the Environmental Protection Agency strong again, not beholden to big oil and gas that currently hold the positions of power in the agency. Clean out the EPA, give it teeth again and put real scientists and environmentalists into the EPA. It's that simple.

We're going to ban fracking, protect indigenous lands from pipelines (including the Keystone pipeline) and improve local consultation on these matters. Too often it is the big polluters that call the shots in government - not if I'm President. The big polluters can face repercussions for what they have done to the environment and I want to hold them accountable for lying to us for decades about climate change. It is criminal, so it should be treated criminally. That's why I'm running for President, to work on an environment that works for the many, not the few that lobby our government."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:09 am

Suburban San Antonio
The Joe House
February 5, 2020

Howard and Joe returned from a Hispanic outreach event, Joe discussing cutting red tape and Howard simply supported his son by clapping. The elder statesman was incredibly well known and Joe knew these Hispanic voters were already in his corner, he'd lived among their communities for years now. They drove home and Howard took a much needed seat on a couch when their guest arrived. Joe welcomed their special guest with a bright smile at the door, "Congressman, welcome to Texas."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Greater Arab State
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:14 am

Sarenium wrote:
Suburban San Antonio
The Joe House
February 5, 2020

Howard and Joe returned from a Hispanic outreach event, Joe discussing cutting red tape and Howard simply supported his son by clapping. The elder statesman was incredibly well known and Joe knew these Hispanic voters were already in his corner, he'd lived among their communities for years now. They drove home and Howard took a much needed seat on a couch when their guest arrived. Joe welcomed their special guest with a bright smile at the door, "Congressman, welcome to Texas."

Congressman Volker smiled in turn, placing his hand out for the aged Texan to shake.

“Thank you, Senator. It’s an absolute pleasure to be here.”
Last edited by Greater Arab State on Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024
This nation does not represent my political views.

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:15 am

Greater Arab State wrote:
Sarenium wrote:
Suburban San Antonio
The Joe House
February 5, 2020

Congressman Volker smiled in turn, placing his hand out for the aged Texan to shake.

Howard shook the hand weakly, "here's hoping Joe gets the title next."

Joe gestured for them to sit, "I hope the flight was comfortable," the aviator grinned, "tea? Coffee? Water? Something stronger?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:17 am

Sarenium wrote:
(Image)
Joe Frankston
@JoeForTexas

Anyone who'd go after Texan jobs for their illusion of 'justice' isn't the right fit for Texas.

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

Mr. Frankston, again. When did I ever say I would go after jobs, all a Texan needs to do is go and watch exactly what I said and they can obviously see for themselves that my choice of words about the environment did not include cutting jobs. Unlike you, I have plans to WRITE a bill that would bring jobs back to Americans, back to TEXAS, and back to the people who need them.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:18 am

Sarenium wrote:

Joe gestured for them to sit, "I hope the flight was comfortable," the aviator grinned, "tea? Coffee? Water? Something stronger?"

“I’ll have a water, please, Sir.” Volker said politely, seating himself as he did so.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:22 am

Sarenium wrote:

“I’ll have a water, please, Sir.” Volker said politely, seating himself as he did so.

"Did you get a chance to see the energy out there?" Howard gestured vaguely, "can't remember the last time we had such a competitive Republican Primary, probably would've been when Goldwater first ran hey?"

Joe brought back two glasses of water for he and Thomas and a glass of whiskey for Howard.

Howard took it smiling, "doctor told me it'll keep me excited and energetic."

"Doctor told him to keep his wits about him and that's where he found a link to whiskey," corrected Joe smiling, "but at least he'll accept it with ice."

Joe turned to Thomas and with as much tact as he had pivoted, "the energy out there can be a lot, where sits your own preferences, Minority Leader?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:29 am

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

Listen Fellows and Fellowettes, this is the last time I am tweeting about the comments I made earlier at a town hall, the Republicans are hoping that the people of Texas are stupid and don't understand how to go and watch something for yourselves. YOU are the voters, YOU make up your minds because YOU have a responsibility to do so.

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

What has this world come to if I can't make a neutral statement on the environment and then get attacked endlessly for it, EVEN THOUGH, as a Representative I voted against bills that would hurt the oil industry, you can find my voting record on ballotpedia.org/Linda_Daly_Lazare

Linda Lazare
@LLazareTX

The Republicans don't think you know how to do that so they won't show you their voting records. OH WAIT!!! Only one of them has a legislative voting record, go check his out at least.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:30 am

Sarenium wrote:

"Did you get a chance to see the energy out there?" Howard gestured vaguely, "can't remember the last time we had such a competitive Republican Primary, probably would've been when Goldwater first ran hey?"

Joe brought back two glasses of water for he and Thomas and a glass of whiskey for Howard.

"Doctor told him to keep his wits about him and that's where he found a link to whiskey," corrected Joe smiling, "but at least he'll accept it with ice."

Joe turned to Thomas and with as much tact as he had pivoted, "the energy out there can be a lot, where sits your own preferences, Minority Leader?"

“Well, my own preferences are towards whichever candidate is best suited to helping us retain your father’s seat and judging from the current polling and the energy in Texas, you might be such a candidate, Sir.” Thomas replied, sipping a small amount of water from the glass.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:34 am

Sarenium wrote:

“Well, my own preferences are towards whichever candidate is best suited to helping us retain your father’s seat and judging from the current polling and the energy in Texas, you might be such a candidate, Sir.” Thomas replied, sipping a small amount of water from the glass.

"Might?" Howard frowned, the kind of frown only a whip could frown, he leaned in, still smiling widely, "Tom," Howard paused, "do you honestly think one of these other two could hold this seat? One preaches but does not act and the other preaches because he can't act. We're within a hair of war with Iran, and the odds of emboldened proxy conflicts across the Middle East or Africa, we need a Senator who has the military experience to keep the White House on it's toes, no matter who wins in November. If it's a Republican, someone who can provide expertise in the Senate on matters of strategy and national security, if it's a Democrat then someone who can hold their feet to the fire if they become cowards. Whom else do you envision should be our nominee?"
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:56 am

Sarenium wrote:

"Might?" Howard frowned, the kind of frown only a whip could frown, he leaned in, still smiling widely, "Tom," Howard paused, "do you honestly think one of these other two could hold this seat? One preaches but does not act and the other preaches because he can't act. We're within a hair of war with Iran, and the odds of emboldened proxy conflicts across the Middle East or Africa, we need a Senator who has the military experience to keep the White House on it's toes, no matter who wins in November. If it's a Republican, someone who can provide expertise in the Senate on matters of strategy and national security, if it's a Democrat then someone who can hold their feet to the fire if they become cowards. Whom else do you envision should be our nominee?"

“Well, I’ll admit that I have long considered Sir as my preference. The entrance of Representative Clay has made me look at him, merely in order to reach a balance between experience as well as support amongst more conservative voters that would allow us to avoid the mistakes of last year. However, I am really quite confident currently that Lieutenant General Frankston would be able to hold the seat. I have a small number of questions that would help ensure that.” Thomas replied, smiling lightly between the two Frankstons as he spoke.
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:58 am

Sarenium wrote:

“Well, I’ll admit that I have long considered Sir as my preference. The entrance of Representative Clay has made me look at him, merely in order to reach a balance between experience as well as support amongst more conservative voters that would allow us to avoid the mistakes of last year. However, I am really quite confident currently that Lieutenant General Frankston would be able to hold the seat. I have a small number of questions that would help ensure that.” Thomas replied, smiling lightly between the two Frankstons as he spoke.

Joe sipped his water, "ask away."
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:05 am

Sarenium wrote:

“Now, my first question is whether, in the event that you were to unfortunately lose, are you willing to endorse the Republican nominee and if possible, act as a surrogate for them in the general?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Sarenium
Senator

Postby Sarenium » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:11 am

Sarenium wrote:

“Now, my first question is whether, in the event that you were to unfortunately lose, are you willing to endorse the Republican nominee and if possible, act as a surrogate for them in the general?”

"Yes, of course," Howard replied before Joe opened his mouth.

Joe nodded in agreement, frowning at the need to ask such a question.
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Greater Arab State
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Greater Arab State » Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:32 am

Sarenium wrote:

"Yes, of course," Howard replied before Joe opened his mouth.

Joe nodded in agreement, frowning at the need to ask such a question.

“Thank you, it’s just something that I want to ask all of the candidates so we can stay united.” Volker replied earnestly before continuing.

“My next question is regarding some of your political positions, from what I’ve heard, you are more of a moderate Republican than your father is, particularly on abortion. How much of an issue do you think this will pose in the primary and should you win, the general?”
Moggmentum
Trump 2024

Dentali
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 28, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Dentali » Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:51 am

Nate Richardson
@GovernorRichardson

If the Democratic elite like Lazare think wiping out 1/6 jobs in their state is a 'neutral' or 'reasonable' position then they are in for a very rude awakening this year.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse