NATION

PASSWORD

The Land of the Free: American Political Roleplay (IC II)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jovuistan
Senator

Founded: May 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:35 pm

Bruke wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:An aide to Hidalgo answered the phone. He immediately gave her the phone after hearing who was on the line.

"Hello, Senator Volek. This is Elisa Hidalgo speaking." She answered curiously.

“Hello. I wouldn’t ordinarily reach out to a Senate candidate this early, but Colorado is a must-win state for us. Assuming that you’ll be able to make it to the general unopposed, you’re the woman of the hour. I’ve read up on what you hope to achieve if you win, but I want to hear a bit about your strategy and about your views on reform versus.. well, let’s call it something stronger than reform.”

"Oh." Elisa thought for a moment. "Well, strategy-wise, we're primarily focusing on three particular groups: young progressives, Hispanics, and college-educated Whites. We're going to be campaigning pretty heavily in the suburbs because that was where we saw the blue wave two years ago. We're also going to hammer in on Guerrera's exposed corruption and point out how frequently he's folded to the Wolf Republicans despite claiming to be a moderate. All of that combined with turning out the base in strong numbers would be a start to taking the seat back.

As for reform... you might need to be a little more specific. If you're worried I'm going to try to 'overthrow the system' or something, don't worry. I do want to reform how some things are done to combat corruption and give regular Americans more of a say, but I'm not planning on taking a wrecking ball to things, if that's what you're asking."
Die nasty!!111

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:29 pm

Kress Building, Birmingham, Alabama
(February 4th, 2020)

Senator Callahan was always busy. The low-key freshman senator was between Alabama and Washington most weeks, focusing on constituent services in the lead up to the race that seemed increasingly likely to end his political career. Despite those concerns, he’d been keen to wade into the Presidential race for some time- Dayton was an old friend going all the way back to his stint at Harvard. She deserved his support on the personal level, let alone due to political considerations.

In order to give his full-throated endorsement, the state Dayton campaign invited him to say a few words at an event celebrating her recent success in the Iowa caucus. After listening to the remarks from her state campaign committee, the state’s only Democratic officeholder took to the stage.

“How y’all doin’ tonight?” Callahan asked the crowd. “I tell you what, I’m happy to be here. Senator Dayton just won big in Iowa, she’s gonna win big in New Hampshire, and she’ll keep on winnin’ till she makes it to 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, now isn’t that right? If it’s not clear by now, I am of course endorsing the junior Senator from Virginia, my colleague, and my lifelong friend Jillian Dayton to be the 47th President of the United States!”

There was cheering from the crowd.

“Jillian has a track record of practicing what she preaches. She may not promise you the moon like some of the more progressive candidates like Levi Murphy, but she sure as heck works her tail off. When you vote for her you’re not voting for these empty promises- you’re voting for someone who will wake up every morning and fight for the folks she was elected to represent- you’re voting for the embodiment of civil service. Just look at her record as governor. Jillian delivered results for working families, makin’ lives a little easier by focusing on dinner table issues like the cost of puttin’ your kids through school. When she needed to lean on colleagues, she did so with humility. When she needed to reach across the aisle, she did so and came out with flying colors. When she needed to roll up her sleeves and get things done herself, well, you can bet she did that too. A truly impressive career for a truly impressive woman.”

There was more cheering.

“Jillian will take that mentality to the White House, and she won’t forget who helped her get there.”

He paused to roll up a sleeve.

“I’ll finish this speech and let y’all get back to celebratin’ and all after one more little anecdote. Y’know, I spent a decent chunk of my career in the military- the Navy. I know what it’s like to be in a stressful position, where you feel like you’re in the breach. Now, most folks’ll get the tunnel vision, the sweaty hands, and the weak knees. Not ashamed to say it’s happened to me from time to time- ‘least early on. If there’s one person in the world, who I am sure this’s never happened to- it’s Senator Jillian Dayton.”

He chuckled.

“When I first met Jillian, I was ‘bout 20 years old. Our paths crossed when we were in school, before my military career. And her handshake was firmer than my former farm boy father’s. She’s tough. She was tough when negotiating with Republicans in the Virginia legislature, and she’s tough with Warrick in the Senate. When she’s president, I look forward to seeing her deal with tinpot tyrants like Maduro down in Venezuela and Putin over in Russia, folks who very well could make ol’ Levi Murphy squeal.”

There was some laughter.

“In short, Jillian Dayton is the right choice for Alabama, and she’s the right choice for the United States of America. I know y’all are gonna join me in voting for her on Super Tuesday, and I hope we can inspire more folks out there in Birmingham and across our state to do the same. If we do that, well we can beat Wolfism and make an America that works for everyone, from NASA engineers over’n Huntsville, to farmers down in Macon County. An America that doesn’t leave folks behind, whether they’re black, white, young, old, Alabaman or otherwise.”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:37 pm

Christina Mudale
@mudCOV

Fitting one Liberal elitist endorsed another. With his endorsement of diehard Liberal Jillian Dayton Gordan Callahan continued to prove he doesn’t represent Alabamans values.

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Bruke wrote:[quote="Jovuistan";p="38033617]
An aide to Hidalgo answered the phone. He immediately gave her the phone after hearing who was on the line.

"Hello, Senator Volek. This is Elisa Hidalgo speaking." She answered curiously.[/quote]

“Hello. I wouldn’t ordinarily reach out to a Senate candidate this early, but Colorado is a must-win state for us. Assuming that you’ll be able to make it to the general unopposed, you’re the woman of the hour. I’ve read up on what you hope to achieve if you win, but I want to hear a bit about your strategy and about your views on reform versus.. well, let’s call it something stronger than reform.”[/quote]
"Oh." Elisa thought for a moment. "Well, strategy-wise, we're primarily focusing on three particular groups: young progressives, Hispanics, and college-educated Whites. We're going to be campaigning pretty heavily in the suburbs because that was where we saw the blue wave two years ago. We're also going to hammer in on Guerrera's exposed corruption and point out how frequently he's folded to the Wolf Republicans despite claiming to be a moderate. All of that combined with turning out the base in strong numbers would be a start to taking the seat back.

As for reform... you might need to be a little more specific. If you're worried I'm going to try to 'overthrow the system' or something, don't worry. I do want to reform how some things are done to combat corruption and give regular Americans more of a say, but I'm not planning on taking a wrecking ball to things, if that's what you're asking."[/quote]

“Your strategy seems sound. I’m sure the Republicans will be flooding the state with money, and I’d like to assure that we’re prepared to do the same. Whatever it takes to win. I trust you’ll be able to strike the right balance in your campaign to appeal to all three groups you’re targeting. You have an inspiring life story, and you’re principled... use that to your advantage.”

Karel took a breath before continuing.

“I’m glad we understand each other on the issue of reform. All I’d ask from you is that you’d be willing to work with leadership if elected. With all that being said -assuming no one else hops into the race on our side- you’ll have the support you need from the party. If there’s anything you ever need, feel free to contact me and let me know.”

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:39 pm

Texas
With the help of his father and connections he had made himself during his brief tenure in the House, Clay arranged to meet with powerbrokers from all of Texas' major right-leaning PACs in the hope of obtaining more funding, endorsements, volunteers, voters, and overall momentum for his senatorial campaign.

Selected pitches:
Empower Texans
"It may seem like there are three choices in this, y'all, but in reality, there's only two. There's me, Crawford Clay— or there's handing another Texas seat to the Democrats. Randall Cramp is a good, conservative man, there's not a doubt about that. But let's face it: come general election, any sensible Democrat will have a good chance of flipping our great state, as much as I hate to say it. Now, as for the other man in the primary, General Frankston— if he's elected, y'all, he might be a red-tie-wearing version of Shah.

"What we need in the U.S. Senate is not more compromisers, not more moderates. We need conservatives! Strong-willed, principled conservatives who are ready to fight for our Texan and American values, not bend over to the will of the Democrats. And, humbly, I think I may be the conservative Texas needs. I support low taxes, low regulations, small business, job creation, protection of our energy industry, and Christian values. I have the credibility to carry the general election, and the integrity to uphold conservative values in Washington. I've got the name recognition of Frankston and the good ol' conservative values every Texan should. If you support my campaign, ladies and gentlemen, you're not just supporting another crooked politician, another no-good name; no, you're supporting a true Texan who'll get the job done."
Blackridge, HillCo Partners, and Texas Lobby Group
"There's not been a lot of discussion of actual policy by my opponents. My policies are simple: protect Texas' booming energy industry from crushing regulations and foreign competition; give small businesses and the middle class the breathing room they need to grow in terms of both tax relief and deregulation; boost the growth of commerce and manufacturing to create more jobs and more opportunity in our great nation; and defend the God-given rights sanctified in our Constitution. If your clients want more and higher-paying jobs, a lighter tax burden, and more economic freedom, then my campaign is their campaign.”
Texas Aspires
"Sandy Hook. Parkland. Our very own Santa Fe. Our country is in the grip of an epidemic of school shootings. And as Senator, I will not stand by while this happens. My first priority will be to step in and defend our kids! What we need is not a compromise with the Democrats. Gun control doesn't stop school shootings. It only strips away our right to defend ourselves from law-breakers who obtain their weapons illegally. What we need is tighter security for our public schools: monitored, well-controlled points of entry and exit, dedicated police details, and good-hearted teachers who are trained to defend their students. Those common sense regulations will go a long way toward keeping our kids safe, and as Senator, they will be among my first priorities."
Texas Realtors Association
“Your industry is growing right now, which is great for Texas. As Senator not only do I want to support this growth, I want to accelerate it. I will renew legislation like the National Flood Insurance Program and Qualified Opportunity Zone program to expand investment opportunities across the board. Moreover, I’ll have my ear to the ground here in Texas. As Senator I will always take the initiative to hear your concerns and fight for my constituents.”
TEXPAC
“If I’m elected Senator, repealing and replacing Bahariacare so that the states can craft a medical plan that works for their doctors and citizens will be among my first priorities. I want to slash through the layers and layers of red tape and regulations surrounding our medical industry and make healthcare the best it can be for doctor and patient alike. I don’t support expanding the scope of practice; I want the government to make what you incredible people do as easy as they can.”
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Sarenium
Senator

Founded: Sep 18, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Sarenium » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:49 pm

Jillian Dayton
@JillianDayton
Welcome to the campaign Senator Callahan! Look forward to seeing you continue to be an exceptional Senator for Alabama!
...I'd like to do you slowly...
Says Paul Keating
Just another Australian.

Just be Ben Shapiro: Debate your wife into an orgasm; "hypothetically say I moved my hand to..."

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 pm

Kargintina the Third wrote:
(Image)
Christina Mudale
@mudCOV

Fitting one Liberal elitist endorsed another. With his endorsement of diehard Liberal Jillian Dayton Gordan Callahan continued to prove he doesn’t represent Alabamans values.

(Image)

Senator Gordon Callahan
@SenCallahan

“@mudCOV That elitist line sure is something rich coming from an Auburn grad! #RollTide”
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:00 pm

Levi Murphy GOTV Campaigning in Berlin
Berlin, Coos County, New Hampshire

There was no sleep for the victorious. Every hour, every moment counted from this point on during the Presidential campaign. After the victory party in Davenport, Iowa, the Senator took the next plane to New Hampshire. The polling in the state had be barely behind, within the statistical margin of error, even. His strong victory in Iowa had created a lot of new energy, enthusiasm and coverage in the news media. His job was to ride this wave to victory in New Hampshire, into Nevada that it would hopefully have an effect come South Carolina. The polling in South Carolina wasn't as strong, yet that was to be expected. However, Levi knew that he could not win every contest. For how many candidates there were in the race, three for four wasn't bad at all. His first stop in New Hampshire was Berlin, a majority-white city in New Hampshire (like many). It had always been reliably Democratic, but in 2016, Berlin nearly flipped for President Wolf over Clifford. It was these voters, who had been Democratic, but who had embraced a Republican for the first time in 2016, were the people that Levi was interested in flipping back over to the Blue Team.

His first event in Berlin was visiting the Nansen Ski Jump. The Nansen Ski Jump was one of the largest sites of interest in the city of Berlin, and was an officially heritage listed structure. It was re-built in 2017. The campaign arrived at the Ski Jump and Levi mingled with voters there and was given a tour of the local area with some education on the history of the Ski Jump. The Senator took his picture in front of it - that image would be shared to social media and local social media community groups in the area. When they saw it, they would notice instantly the Nansen Ski Jump and that Senator Murphy had actually arrived in their city, even if they didn't know he arrived in the first place. After that, Levi tried his hand at skiing, though not on the ski jump (that was a little too extreme for him). This created a bit of a crowd cheering him on as he sled around. This was quite the change from Iowa, the snow, the skiing, it was something new and different.

His next stop was to a local canteen. The event was publicized as 'Lunch with Levi' that promoted local undecided residents to come and speak with him when making up their minds in the Presidential election. This event went over well with the local people who arrived. The Senator spent the initial time talking with people and explaining to them the importance of voting for him in the election. They then had the 'lunch' part of the event, Senator Murphy ordered a casserole, as an ode to the city itself. The casserole was invented in Berlin, New Hampshire, so he thought it best suited to enjoy their local cuisine while there. After having lunch, he gave a small short speech to the gathered crowd.

"Thank you for your hospitality here today. It's been great visiting and touring your town, and really, it's like a lot of others. Hit by the loss of jobs, declining healthcare standards, no investment in infrastructure and declining wages in comparison to inflation. The system simply isn't working for working people and it's designed that way. The big corporations that donate massive amounts to politicians control Washington D.C. lock, stock and barrel. Heck, they donate millions to my opponents campaigns. But it can't go on like this, we need to ban corporate donations, keep a lid on lobbyists and drain the political corruption that haunts the capital of our nation. And it can't go on, that's why I'm running for President. And that's why the people of Iowa put their trust in me to get that done."

Following that, the Senator had a get-out-the-vote rally in the centre of the city. Here is an excerpt of his speech.

"I'm a father, husband, a worker and I've been the Senator for Minnesota since 2014. I started out as a surveyor for my local council, but moved to St Paul where I became a bus driver and a life-long unionist. I was, and will always be, a proud member of the Transportation Union. It's not the usual political origins story, but I was a bus driver for 16 years, and was also working as the President of my local ATU branch. Like many people I share the room with today, my political activism started after the neoliberals and neoconservatives attempted to screw the working man over, and I'm learning that is the case across our nation. The Republican administration in Minnesota at the time was looking into privatizing the bus networks and we were outraged. All of us were expecting our salaries to be slashed by a new privately-operated bus network and for them to send the union busters in. Together, we were able to defeat the privatization attempts during a strike in 2004. Thankfully, in our case, when we go on strike, we still drive the buses doing what we love. We just don't collect fares from anyone. I'll tell you now; that was very popular and the Republican's attempts to shut us down were not."

"So, here I am, now a Senator. I owe a lot of my experience from my days as the head of the AFL-CIO in Minnesota and in the Transportation Union. That's why declining union membership in this country is deeply concerning to me, because we all know what will happen to the decent, hard-working families of this nation. Wages are stagnant but inflation keeps rising, how does Washington D.C. think we can continue to live like this? Sure, profits for the huge multinationals are looking good right now and the stock-market is doing GREAT, but that's nothing for the people of America who are the backbone of our workforce. I want to, and I've been saying this for the entire length of my union and political career, throw a spanner into the crony capitalist order we have going on right now. The richest 1% owns more than the bottom 99%, we undoubtedly live in a broken system that needs to be fixed, and urgently. That's partly why Wolf won, he ran on a ticket to bring jobs back, oppose the wars and the pro-corporate trade deals. Many working people in the swing states believed his sales pitch - we need to win them back in 2020, and I think I am in a good position to do so. As a Senator in a Mid-Western state, I know what appeals to them, I know that I will tell them that the Republican party is only working for the richest few, not for the many. That has never been more evident than in the Wolf tax cuts and tax breaks, only made permanent for the richest echelons in society."

"On policy, I believe in a broad slate of progressive policies, all of which I will detail minutely as the campaign trail draws on. I support the introduction of a Second Bill of Rights, a bill of rights to set down in stone the economic right's of all Americans. A Second Bill of Rights was firstly introduced by Franklin D. Roosevelt, that enshrines healthcare, a good wage, housing, freedom from monopolistic corporations, education, social security and employment as rights for everyone. This is now more important than ever, as large companies like Disney and Amazon grow, so does the need for citizens of our country need to be protected from them. I believe it's time to finish the legacy of FDR and passing a Second Bill of Rights. As much as I am an optimist, we cannot get there simply with a new Bill of Rights, however. I support all of the policy plans to get us there, to secure all of it as rights of American citizens. That includes Medicare for All, healthcare is a right, not a privilege. I'm the only candidate on the Democratic field to support a single-payer, Medicare for All system. To the establishment-wing of the party, never is a good time for Medicare for All, but if there was anytime for Medicare for All, that time would be now. I'm sure everyone here in this room knows someone who would greatly benefit if their medical costs were covered for them - and even if you didn't, we do know that 45,000 Americans die every year because they cannot afford their medical treatment. This is not the America I want to live in. I want to live in an America where universal healthcare is a right, where it is a norm and everyone can receive the medical care they need and deserve. An America that's for the many, not the few."
Senator Levi Murphy (D-MN)
Chairwoman Lilyana Wolf (R-ME)
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)
Mayor Tammy Tablot (I-NV)

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:09 pm

Bruke wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:
An aide to Hidalgo answered the phone. He immediately gave her the phone after hearing who was on the line.

"Hello, Senator Volek. This is Elisa Hidalgo speaking." She answered curiously.[/quote]

“Hello. I wouldn’t ordinarily reach out to a Senate candidate this early, but Colorado is a must-win state for us. Assuming that you’ll be able to make it to the general unopposed, you’re the woman of the hour. I’ve read up on what you hope to achieve if you win, but I want to hear a bit about your strategy and about your views on reform versus.. well, let’s call it something stronger than reform.”[/quote]

As for reform... you might need to be a little more specific. If you're worried I'm going to try to 'overthrow the system' or something, don't worry. I do want to reform how some things are done to combat corruption and give regular Americans more of a say, but I'm not planning on taking a wrecking ball to things, if that's what you're asking."[/quote][/quote][/quote]

“Your strategy seems sound. I’m sure the Republicans will be flooding the state with money, and I’d like to assure that we’re prepared to do the same. Whatever it takes to win. I trust you’ll be able to strike the right balance in your campaign to appeal to all three groups you’re targeting. You have an inspiring life story, and you’re principled... use that to your advantage.”

“I’m glad we understand each other on the issue of reform. All I’d ask from you is that you’d be willing to work with leadership if elected. With all that being said -assuming no one else hops into the race on our side- you’ll have the support you need from the party. If there’s anything you ever need, feel free to contact me and let me know.”[/quote]

"That's all great to hear. Thank you for your support. I'll for sure be willing to work with leadership if I get in the Senate. We've all got shared common goals, even if we don't necessarily always agree on the specifics. We're all in this together."
Die nasty!!111

Bruke
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bruke » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:18 pm

Jovuistan wrote:
Bruke wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:

As for reform... you might need to be a little more specific. If you're worried I'm going to try to 'overthrow the system' or something, don't worry. I do want to reform how some things are done to combat corruption and give regular Americans more of a say, but I'm not planning on taking a wrecking ball to things, if that's what you're asking."[/quote][/quote][/quote]

“I’m glad we understand each other on the issue of reform. All I’d ask from you is that you’d be willing to work with leadership if elected. With all that being said -assuming no one else hops into the race on our side- you’ll have the support you need from the party. If there’s anything you ever need, feel free to contact me and let me know.”[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
"That's all great to hear. Thank you for your support. I'll for sure be willing to work with leadership if I get in the Senate. We've all got shared common goals, even if we don't necessarily always agree on the specifics. We're all in this together."[/quote]

Karel smiled to himself. Hidalgo had the makings of an excellent Senator-to-be. “If there’s nothing you need at the moment, I’ll leave you to get back to the campaign. Good luck out there!”

Jovuistan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jovuistan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:36 pm

Bruke wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:
Bruke wrote:
Jovuistan wrote:

“I’m glad we understand each other on the issue of reform. All I’d ask from you is that you’d be willing to work with leadership if elected. With all that being said -assuming no one else hops into the race on our side- you’ll have the support you need from the party. If there’s anything you ever need, feel free to contact me and let me know.”[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
"That's all great to hear. Thank you for your support. I'll for sure be willing to work with leadership if I get in the Senate. We've all got shared common goals, even if we don't necessarily always agree on the specifics. We're all in this together."[/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]

Karel smiled to himself. Hidalgo had the makings of an excellent Senator-to-be. “If there’s nothing you need at the moment, I’ll leave you to get back to the campaign. Good luck out there!”[/quote]

"I believe that's all. Thanks again for helping out." Hidalgo hung up the phone.
Die nasty!!111

Louisianan
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:56 am

Beaumont, Texas

Linda Lazare
February 3, 2020

Linda drove to Beaumont, Texas and she began her speech.
"Good Morning, Beaumont, it's such a pleasure to be here. I'm not going to waste anyone's time, I'm going to talk about the issues and how we're going to fix them. Beaumont, Texas is a beautiful city, filled with many diverse cultures, but sadly, there is also a lot of crime, In Beaumont, Texas you have a 1 in 96 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime. Violent crimes include murder, rape, robbery and assault. There are towns like yours all across America, and the Republicans that have led this state have turned a blind eye to the plight of cities like Beaumont and their inhabitants. "

"A few moments ago before I cam onto this stage, I met an incredible woman named Leslie, she was an African American, she is a single mother, two boys and a girl, and she is living off of $8 an hour at the local diner. Her husband was killed during a robbery. We cannot stand for this, we need to work together and get rid of this type of violent crime, but before we talk about that let's continue on with our look at the economics of things, the bureau of Labor Statistics have shown, that in most cases, the weekly average median income of an African American woman was $683, and this is a full time job. "

"We then looked at the average median income of a white man and woman, a white man gets on average $1,025, while an African American man would get $768 and a white woman gets $843. There is no doubt, in my mind, that raising the minimum wage would help African Americans. Leslie would be able to support her three kids and make them thrive, support herself, and help make bright citizens of the future for our wonderful country. If we raised minimum wage to at least $13 an hour, over 62% of African American family's would get out of poverty. I am here, and I am telling you and the rest of the country, we need to fix the dire economic crisis that is currently unfolding in the African American communities across the nation."

"Let's talk about Beaumont's crime for a second, the Republicans that have run the state, throw the blame on the Police, on the Illegal Immigrants who bring drugs, on the Democratic people in congress, and even on the black community as a whole. Leslie, the lady who I met earlier lost her husband during a robbery while he was coming home from the supermarket. This was not the polices fault, this was not the fault of democrats, this was not because of the black community. This was because of the education crisis currently in our country. If her husband's assaulters, were able to sustain themselves in an environment where they could thrive without having to use violent means, then I'm sure they would have."

"I bet, the assaulters of Leslie's husband, dropped out of high school because they had to help out at home, or because school was too hard for them so they hung out with the wrong crowds. Since they dropped out of high school, they won't be able to go to college, won't be able to get a good job, won't be able to sustain themselves when they get older. Thus, they do crime. The dropout rate was 3.3% of students in the 2018 class at Beaumont High School dropped out. How many of them will be able to sustain themselves? How many of them will be able to compete in this dog eat dog, man kill man, world?"

"Of all of the males in federal and state prisons, 80 percent do not have a high school diploma. There is a direct correlation with a lack of high school education and incarceration. One in ten male dropouts between the ages of 16 to 24 are either in prison or in juvenile detention. We need to fix the education system, make it more accessible to all people, make sure that each young adult, each student, will be able to be educated in an environment that suits them."

"In school, I remember the teachers rushing through subjects to get us to the next class, I remember watching students get left behind because they didn't understand what was going on, and I watched each of them drop out of school. Two of them are currently in prison, four of them are in poverty. When you cast your vote, don't think about yourselves, think about your children, grandchildren, if I am able to fix these things in the Senate, then maybe America could be great again."

"Last thing I'm going to discuss is healthcare, I was a nurse, and everyday, the hospital saw more and more people coming in with deadly illnesses and injuries, and instead of saying, "Doc, will I be alright" They always asked, "Doc, how much will this cost?" Over the past year, 22% of Americans say they have steered clear of some sort of medical care including doctor visits, medications, vaccinations, annual exams, screenings, vision checks and routine blood work because of the expense, the cost of medical care services in U.S. cities increased an average of 5.3% over the past 12 months ending in February, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. As we can all see, this is a MAJOR issue, and why doesn't it pass in the congress? Well, possibly because Republicans call it socialism, they call cheap healthcare socialism and it frightens everyone away."

"If politicians don't want another flu pandemic they really need to help people get a flu shot. During the 2018-2019 season, 62.6% of children between six months and 17 years got a flu shot. Among adults, 45.3% of people got vaccines. The vaccination rate varied by race and ethnicity, with 51% of non-Hispanic white people getting the vaccine compared with 44.7% of the non-Hispanic Black population. This is not because people just don't want to get the shot, although I'm sure some don't, it's also because of the poverty crisis I spoke of, more and more people cannot afford healthcare, more and more people can not afford hospital visits, and more and more people are putting their lives at stake. This is an outrage and we need to fight for it."

"For the sakes of your kids, your grandkids, even YOU, vote for me in the Democratic primary, and vote for me in the November general election."
Last edited by Louisianan on Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Azekopolaltion
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Azekopolaltion » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:27 am

Senator Tim Westra (D-NJ)
Carson City, Nevada
February 5th, 2020

Tim had taken a day's rest after flying into Carson City from Des Moines, making sure that his team had finalized all plans for the next day with the Dayton campaign. His ground game in Nevada was still very strong; he knew many of the Nevada union leaders by name, still had a dedicated support base in the state, and understood the value of reaching out to its diverse community. Tim had led this state in the polls as a candidate, and with good reason. He intended to help keep Dayton on top.

That would require some strong organizing on the ground. So he'd decided to kick off a week-long retail tour of the state with other Dayton surrogates, starting off with a rally in Carson City. He was pumped, energetic, and ready, with a brand new stump speech for the trail.

"Hello, Carson City! It is so, so wonderful to be back in the beautiful state of Nevada! Thank you, I really appreciate you all for coming, for showing up! This is what participatory democracy is about folks, it really is."

"Guys, the truth is, I haven't been moved by political speeches much. When activists like Dr. King spoke, it always hit home. Or sometimes a particular preacher would really get me in the feels. But politicians? We all know that often they're sleaze bags, just trying to say poll-tested buzzwords for votes. What they say in speeches doesn't matter as much as what they've done in power."

"But I do remember one particular speech, a campaign speech, that really tugged at the heartstrings. It was by none other than our brilliant former President, Rashid Baharia. A speech in North Carolina, literally the final day of the 2008 campaign before Election Day."

"He was speaking about his grandmother, a white woman from Kansas, a daughter of the Depression. He called her 'a quiet hero.' Worked on an assembly line to keep the family afloat when her husband was away in the war."

"We have those quiet heroes all across America. They're here in Nevada, they're here in the crowd today. They're all of you. They're not famous, their names don't make it into the papers. But they work hard each and every day. They take care of their families. They sacrifice for their children. They aren't seeking the limelight – they're just trying to do the right thing."

"These were his words that night, words that resonated deeply with me. It made me think of my uncles, who worked in a textile plant back in my New Jersey hometown until it shut down and moved overseas, leaving behind hardship and destitution. They didn't ask for that. They'd played by the rules. They did good by their families. They didn't have much money, or much else, but they did their best, which is all they could offer. It was their country that had left them behind."

"We can't let those quiet heroes go extinct. We can't let the middle class become an endangered species. And unfortunately, that is the direction folks like Nate Richardson want to take us down. They will reward their big donors at the expense of honest, hardworking Americans like yourselves in Carson City."

"Nevada, you have a choice. Who would you rather take on an elite like Richardson? Someone like Mike Veléz, who turned his backs on all the workers and unions in this great state to negotiate disastrous trade deals like the Trans Pacific Partnership, which would have shipped more of our jobs to East Asia? Do you think an anti-worker, pro-corporate free trader is what the working class of this state needs?"

"Hell no, it's the last thing we need! The dawn of globalization has sunk American living standards, plunged our industrial communities into ruin, worsened labor standards around the world, and lowered your wages. Mike isn't ready to contend with this reality because it filled his pockets as a fundraiser. No, Nevada, we can't trust him to vouch for the quiet hero!"

"Senator Murphy, on the other hand, god bless his heart, he's already vowed to wage war on the Culinary Union's demands here in Nevada! I've spoken with culinary workers in this state. Proud, honorable men and women. They don't want to lose their union healthcare plans! Plans that they went on strike for, that they bargained tirelessly to gain! Especially not for a poorly-thought out, measly, unworkable plan that will increase taxes on 89 million Americans, all earning over the median national income of 30,000 bucks, and the vast majority of those filers paying more in taxes than they currently pay in healthcare costs!"

"Folks, the plan makes no sense! Forcing middle class Americans to pay more for healthcare than they currently are paying, it's just plain crazy! It's not Medicare for All, it's Medicare for More! He has no clue what he's doing. And sadly this is a pattern with my friend Levi. He's never passed a bill in his life, hadn't authored a single piece of legislation this entire year until he was hammered about it at a debate, he has no record to speak of in the Senate other than surviving off the taxpayer buck. And now he wants a promotion!"

"There's only one candidate left in this race who's actually fighting for workers. Someone who's willing to engage in the politics of addition, not subtraction. Someone with a record of actually getting progressive change done. Someone who will turn the tide away from the status quo of ruthless globalization that only benefits the multinational corporation at the expense of unions and working Americans."

"Jillian Dayton gets it, because she's been fighting for you since day one. It's not just that she knows how to get things done on Capitol Hill - even in the middle of her campaign, when she flew back to Washington to author and pass a Relief Act for all the states suffering from climate change-induced disasters. But she also understands the importance of consensus building and organizing on the ground. Going into communities and actually listening to folks, not lecturing them about socialism or liberalism or whatever other ideological crusade someone might be on."

"She listens to the quiet heroes of our country. Levi Murphy and Mike Veléz lecture them. That, folks, is the difference! And that is why she is so successful. Because in your story, she sees her own. Growing up the daughter of a working class family, a sailor father and an educator mother who instilled the kind of good traditional family values that so many middle class Americans are familiar with. Honesty, compassion, basic decency."

"Working small jobs to get through college. Finding her way in the world as a young Jewish woman. Entering law to serve our communities and make her state of Virginia a safer place. Fighting for healthcare as a human right and helping to pass the Affordable Care Act along with myself and other House Democrats. Making college affordable for all residents of her state of Virginia. Holding the wealthy to account and making them pay their fair share. Expanding Medicaid as governor and improving Veterans Healthcare."

"It's the best record in the field, far and away. Because she's not just been driven by the strong values instilled in her from middle class life; she's been listening to the people she serves."

"That's what Fairness First means. Heck, that's what public service means. It doesn't mean serving your own egos. It means serving the people."

"Folks, I know, I can guarantee you, that as president Jillian won't lose sight of you. Because she never has forgotten about the quiet heroes as a lawyer, as a Representative, as a Governor, as a Senator."

"My friends, the opportunity for change is great. This primary season, let's vote for the quiet heroes once again. Thank you all, God bless."
Ro Khanna/AOC 2024

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:01 am

James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
You know if the lying press covered Secretary Porter fairly, he would have won Iowa by A LOT!

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:43 am

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor
You know if the lying press covered Secretary Porter fairly, he would have won Iowa by A LOT!

Hypolite Gaspard
@HGLouisianaFirst

I doubt it.

The Orion Islands
Minister

Founded: Dec 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Orion Islands » Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:56 pm

Sanabel wrote:
(Image)
Christina Mudale
@mudCOV

(Image)

Senator Gordon Callahan
@SenCallahan

“@mudCOV That elitist line sure is something rich coming from an Auburn grad! #RollTide”

Colbert Twitter @EverittRigbyColbert
"This coming from someone bought and paid for by the third most arrogant football school in America. We all remember how Tuscaloosa tried to kill UAB's program with fake math. We know the arrogance. That's why it was so enjoyable to watch LSU and AUBURN take you people down a peg on national TV."
"Before you even think about, at least we made OUR Championship Game. #GoUtes #CougarsSuck #AggiesSuck #ColoradoIsNotOurRival"
DESANTIS/PENCE 2024
Proud Catholic Republican
Supporter of Israel, NATO, Christianity, capitalism, and conservatism.
Member of ICDN

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:43 pm

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:
James Burgun
@RoughriderGovernor

Randy Cramp re-tweeted.
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:44 pm

Eliza for Senate
January 27, 2020
Kennebec County

After spending the weekend in Standish, Eliza took the morning to drive up to Waterville, arriving there just in time for the first campaign event of the day. Eliza's campaign had been able to gather a fair amount of local union leaders, a fairer number of them fitting the type of who supported her Husband in 2016, from nearby mill towns like Pittsfield, Skowhegan, and Waterville itself, where the mill and its workers still held some importance. During the event, she would discuss how she believed that in order to build a 21st-century economy, politicians have to work with unions and their members to make sure they don't get left behind. When asked if she'd support a Secretary of Labor nominee who isn't supported by Maine's Union, she responded with a strong, "No, and don't think I would've voted for [not-Eugene Scalia] either given that he made his career off of being an anti-worker, anti-union lawyer, frankly I have no idea why [not-Collins] voted for him."

After that finished, Eliza grabbed some lunch from a place she frequented when she was a student before heading down to Augusta for a few hours to canvass around Augusta and the neighboring towns, hoping to run into suburban housewives for the most part, who she hoped would be charmed by the fact they were interacting with a First Lady, let alone the fact that she seemed like a normal person. Some even asked if they could take a selfie with her, to which Eliza was happy to oblige, even if it meant shooing off her Secret Service agent's advice.

Around 5 PM or so, Eliza made her way back up to Waterville to meet with the Colby College Republicans, an organization she was once a member of herself and an organization she wanted the support of. There she attempted to bond with the students and held an impromptu Q&A where she answered questions ranging from the 2016 campaign to her favorite spot on campus. She also made it clear that she supported Legal Weed, from supporting Question 1 in 2016 to urging her Husband to sign the Legal Weed Act that made it to his desk less than a year ago.

Eliza for Senate
January 28, 2020
Hancock County

Eliza started the morning off canvassing in Ellsworth, using a similar tactic to the one she used in Augusta yesterday, hitting houses while the Husbands would presumably be at work, selfies and all, but this time adding in the fact that the campaign was holding a rally down in Bar Harbor around sunset and that whoever she was talking to was free to come. After doing that all morning and having it drag into the afternoon, Eliza headed down to Bar Harbor to get some lunch at a local little shack down the road from the location the rally was going to be held at. After finishing up and chatting with some other patrons about the weather and all that, Eliza headed over to the rally site to do some prep work.

The location was a bar with a cabin-like interior. Nice, cozy, and warm. Volunteers help set up the stage for Eliza, putting up the campaign logo and making sure the State and US Flags were visible. Before Eliza was set to speak and while people were trickling in, Eliza walked around and chatted with a few of them, beer in hand, as her Secret Service agent stood nearby. After a local fisherman introduced her, she made her way up to the stage and proceeded to deliver a speech mainly focused on the local fishing industry, praising it of course, but also citing it as an inspiration, so much so that it's success and generally decentralized model (given that most fishers in Hancock are independent workers) is one of the reasons she's against big agribusiness and big aquaculture, while also driving the point home that as you're next Senator, she'll fight to make sure fishers and farmers in Maine can remain independent and successful.

Puertollano
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Puertollano » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:17 pm

Levi Murphy GOTV Campaigning in Nashua
Nashua, Hillsborough County, New Hampshire

The blitz would not stop in Berlin. Everyday after the spectacular Iowa victory was the time to capitalize on his good-will with the American media and voters in general. Team Levi knew that New Hampshire was within reach. The polling in Iowa seemingly under-reported Levi's real results, as he won with nearly 40%, compared to the 36% that the major polls were reporting. If Levi could overperform that same four percentage points, he would be tying with Jillian Dayton in New Hampshire, not even yet reflecting the post-Iowa bump. New Hampshire, for Team Levi, was very much in play until the very minute before the primary voting booths open. And the Team would treat the election as such. His next stop in New Hampshire was the all important Nashua, the second largest city in New Hampshire. The campaign buses arrived in town at the Senator attended his first event the city.

The very first event in Nashua was at St Joseph's Hospital. The Senator would be given a tour of the hospital by staff, so his campaign team as well as the hordes of media would be walking through the corridors. All of these moments, including the exposure to the media looking professional, in the white cloak to boost his credentials for healthcare voters. He met with a lot of staff, shaking their hands and telling them how they were the "frontline heroes of America" and that he "appreciates all of the brilliant work you do." After receiving the tour, Team Levi would hold a press conference outside, flanked by many doctors, the Senator stood at the microphone. Before passing it on for the doctors to talk, he said a few words: "It's becoming clearer by the day to the American people that something is fundamentally wrong with our healthcare system. A system that prioritizes the back-pocket of its 'customers', not their well-being. As President, I will institute a single-payer healthcare system called Medicare for All to eliminate all out of pocket expenses. Premiums? Gone. Co-payments? Gone. Surprise bills? Gone. Going to the doctor, going to the hospital, riding in an Ambulance, all costs gone and covered by the government. Here behind me are some of the smartest doctors I have ever got the privilege to meet. They all support our plan for Medicare for All, so I would like them to make the case." Levi moved out of the way, to make way for one of the doctors.

"Thanks you Levi for having me, it's a pleasure to be here. Medicare for All struck me as the most simple, common sense approach to healthcare out there. It's the best thing since sliced bread. I learnt really about it in 2015, with the Baginski campaign putting a spotlight on it. Before then, I had only heard the words but not understood the process. My journey towards becoming supportive of Medicare for All, to now, an activist for it, started when I thought of the impacts on my work and job. The truth is, a lot of Americans skip receiving dental treatment; it's true. They cannot afford it. They see it as something not as important as the health of the rest of your body. When, in reality, dental health can impact all of your body. So, when I heard Medicare for All covers everything, including dental, I thought 'that's the right way to go'. Dental care, along with all over care, should be free at the point of service. So, I'm so thankful that Senator Murphy is taking up the fight for Medicare for All, because he's the only candidate that supports it. At the beginning I thought Dayton might support it, but I couldn't have been more wrong. I'm with Levi on this, 100%."

A female doctor took his place. "If you're on the front-lines of our health crisis in this country, it becomes suddenly apparent that we need immediate help. I call it a healthcare crisis because there is a literal war going on in the emergency rooms in not only New Hampshire, but this entire country. We're often burdened - the conditions for health workers is not getting much better - the private system we have in this country is making things worse. Medicare for All would make life for nurses like us so much easier, because we don't need to turn people away if they cannot afford their treatment! Or we don't need to bury them with insurmountable levels of medical debt. Even the ambulance trip people are afraid of receiving the bill for. No wonder our healthcare outcomes in America are far poorer than the rest of the developed world. Something needs to be done, and that something is Medicare for All."

Finally, an African-American doctor took to the microphone. "The best thing about Medicare for All is the ability for people to choose where they go to see a doctor. You know, with three decades of experience in the field, I came to notice a few things. One of them was that a lot of people who wanted to see me actually couldn't! Some private health insurance prevents people from seeing certain doctors, even if they lived just down the street from my doctors surgery. What Medicare for All will do is open up the market, give options for people and let them see the doctors that they want to see. Plain and simple. If you want choice in your doctor, not the bandit health insurance industry that rips you off, you've gotta go with Medicare for All. It's about time we got to universal healthcare in this country, once and for bloody all. Sorry for the cursing."

After the press conference with the doctors, Levi moved on to a get-out-the-vote rally at the Nashua Community College. The campaign had rented out a hall to hold a rally. Here is an excerpt of what he said:

"You may have also seen my Anti-Corruption Plan made a few of the headlines," he joked. "I'm serious about taking on the vested interests in Washington D.C., taking on the swamp, and clearing the whole place out. My Plan includes banning all corporate donations through a constitutional amendment. That amendment would also repeal Citizens United. I will ban corporate donations to the Democratic Party and Democratic National Committee - no banks should be bankrolling our party, or war profiteers or large fossil fuel giants. The Plan will pass legislation to ensure public funding exists on a state level and prohibits the elimination of that. It will introduce a new Democracy Dollars system, where all Americans will have an allotted $100 to donate to whichever political campaigns they like each election season. But, some of the biggest corporate-money takers in Washington D.C. are mad at me for this next proposal, and there are going crazy about it. I want to have body-mounted cameras on all lobbyists in Washington D.C. to live-stream meetings politicians have with them. It's pretty clear and simple. As the people who elect our representatives, we should be able to see who they're talking to and what they're talking about. In fact, Governor Richardson attacked me on Twitter about it. Not sure if you remember. Richardson said something along the lines of 'if you want body-cameras, why don't you put on a body camera when you speak to lobbyists!'. Well, Governor, here's the catch: I don't even speak to them. Please don't try to transparently hide your dealings in back door rooms. Let the people see what's going on. It's the politicians who have something to hide are the ones attacking me the most on this."
J.P. Randy Cramp (R-TX)

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:33 pm

Corpus Christi

Linda Lazare
February 3, 2020

After the long five hour drive from Beaumont, Linda decided to nap at her hotel before she made her speech in Corpus Christi,

Good Afternoon, Corpus Christi! How are you fellows and fellowettes doing? It's been a good while since I've visited this great town, not much has changed! I love Nueces County, I used to visit my grandfather over in Driscoll, that was a good while ago. Today, I'll be discussing gun rights, I know there are a lot of gun carrying members here today, who are worried about my policies. The right to own a gun, is just as, if not more important than our right to vote. I own guns, all of my relatives know how to fire a gun, and my grandfather in Driscoll made sure I knew how to protect myself."

"I am not a Gun Free democrat, I feel that the minority of gun owners like those who perform shootings, give the rest of the gun owning population a bad name. Texas comes in at number 18 when it comes to gun ownership, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. I can't remember where I was going, but I saw a man wearing a shirt that said, "The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security", I just had to go and shake that mans hand, he was actually in my newest campaign advertisement."

"Any who, I do think that guns need to be registered, and do need to have a background check to purchase them. This is not to infringe on your second amendment, this is to ensure that people like Adam Lanza get caught after committing a mass shooting. If a criminal registers their weapon, then they can later be tracked down if the weapon is found. I also think mental health assessments also should be mandatory before owning a gun, this is also to stop people like Adam Lanza from getting their hands on guns, while also allowing everyday, healthy, good hearted Texans to keep each and every weapon they own. I am not against guns or gun owners, I am against nutjobs who want to kill people. In the words of Conservative (Not-Anne Coulter) Guns don't kill people, the mentally ill do, and I am in full agreement with that statement. Had Adam Lanza been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, he wouldn't have gotten two MILES near a gun."

"Very regularly, my campaign gets calls from Conservatives and Republicans wanting to know why I want to take their guns so read my lips, I will not take your guns. I will not help anyone take your guns, and I can assure you, Guns are safe with me as your senator. I want to keep your kids, your grandkids, and you, safe. Vote for me in the Democratic Primary, Vote for me in the General Election, let's protect the constitution, together!"

Linda decided to sight see around Corpus Christi before she made her speech at Del Mar College, visiting the USS Lexington Museum, and then made her way to the college where she began to speak,

"Hello, students, faculty, and staff. I'm glad to be here, a few of my cousins came here way back when. Let's talk about issues that will affect your generation and currently are. I'll start off with my views on cheaper colleges. I think that many people in Texas and around the world are surprised at the high costs to get a proper education, research from Citizens Financial Group suggests that over 60 percent of student debt borrowers expect to pay off their loans sometime in their 30s or 40s. Data collected at state levels supports these findings. A study from Wisconsin found that it takes graduates of Wisconsin universities 19.7 years to pay off a bachelor’s degree and 23 years to pay off a graduate degree. And what if you miss these payments?"

"If you miss a payment on your student loan you have about 270 days to make a payment before your debt goes into default. Going into default means the government is able to garnish your wage, your Social Security check, your federal tax refund and even your disability benefits. Who decided that the government was a big loan shark business? Everybody, since Einstein and before have said, the key to a good community is good education, and if we are denying people an education based on their wealth or living status, we are doing something wrong. That is why I agree with making colleges cheaper to get into."

"The next thing I'll discuss is the climate, the climate is rapidly deteriorating, science tells us this. On our current path, we have ten years, ten years to change our current status. The Republican Party which included Teddy Roosevelt, used to be the party for the climate, making national parks and refugees. Yet, at some point, they completely dropped the idea, and began ignoring scientists, Jimmy Carter may not have been too good of a president, but his stance on Climate Change could have saved us precious time, but almost all of his policies were discarded by Reagan, including the climate policies. In the years before and after Reagan, Americans became greedy, we didn't want to save the environment, we were too busy making ourselves rich, and powerful, which don't get me wrong, is a good thing. But we turned a blind eye to the environment, I'm not saying we ought to become a 100% Eco Friendly place, I just think we should put more research into the enviornment to help keep it protected, which in turn will help us all live happier, healthier lives."

Linda looked at her watch, she had a little bit of extra time,
"Alright, does anybody have an questions they'd like me to answer?"

Kargintina the Third
Senator

Founded: Dec 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kargintina the Third » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:38 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Corpus Christi

Linda Lazare
February 3, 2020

After the long five hour drive from Beaumont, Linda decided to nap at her hotel before she made her speech in Corpus Christi,

Good Afternoon, Corpus Christi! How are you fellows and fellowettes doing? It's been a good while since I've visited this great town, not much has changed! I love Nueces County, I used to visit my grandfather over in Driscoll, that was a good while ago. Today, I'll be discussing gun rights, I know there are a lot of gun carrying members here today, who are worried about my policies. The right to own a gun, is just as, if not more important than our right to vote. I own guns, all of my relatives know how to fire a gun, and my grandfather in Driscoll made sure I knew how to protect myself."

"I am not a Gun Free democrat, I feel that the minority of gun owners like those who perform shootings, give the rest of the gun owning population a bad name. Texas comes in at number 18 when it comes to gun ownership, with 12.8 guns on record for every 1,000 residents. That's 337,309 firearms among 26,448,193 people. I can't remember where I was going, but I saw a man wearing a shirt that said, "The Second Amendment, America's Original Homeland Security", I just had to go and shake that mans hand, he was actually in my newest campaign advertisement."

"Any who, I do think that guns need to be registered, and do need to have a background check to purchase them. This is not to infringe on your second amendment, this is to ensure that people like Adam Lanza get caught after committing a mass shooting. If a criminal registers their weapon, then they can later be tracked down if the weapon is found. I also think mental health assessments also should be mandatory before owning a gun, this is also to stop people like Adam Lanza from getting their hands on guns, while also allowing everyday, healthy, good hearted Texans to keep each and every weapon they own. I am not against guns or gun owners, I am against nutjobs who want to kill people. In the words of Conservative (Not-Anne Coulter) Guns don't kill people, the mentally ill do, and I am in full agreement with that statement. Had Adam Lanza been diagnosed with Schizophrenia, he wouldn't have gotten two MILES near a gun."

"Very regularly, my campaign gets calls from Conservatives and Republicans wanting to know why I want to take their guns so read my lips, I will not take your guns. I will not help anyone take your guns, and I can assure you, Guns are safe with me as your senator. I want to keep your kids, your grandkids, and you, safe. Vote for me in the Democratic Primary, Vote for me in the General Election, let's protect the constitution, together!"

Linda decided to sight see around Corpus Christi before she made her speech at Del Mar College, visiting the USS Lexington Museum, and then made her way to the college where she began to speak,

"Hello, students, faculty, and staff. I'm glad to be here, a few of my cousins came here way back when. Let's talk about issues that will affect your generation and currently are. I'll start off with my views on cheaper colleges. I think that many people in Texas and around the world are surprised at the high costs to get a proper education, research from Citizens Financial Group suggests that over 60 percent of student debt borrowers expect to pay off their loans sometime in their 30s or 40s. Data collected at state levels supports these findings. A study from Wisconsin found that it takes graduates of Wisconsin universities 19.7 years to pay off a bachelor’s degree and 23 years to pay off a graduate degree. And what if you miss these payments?"

"If you miss a payment on your student loan you have about 270 days to make a payment before your debt goes into default. Going into default means the government is able to garnish your wage, your Social Security check, your federal tax refund and even your disability benefits. Who decided that the government was a big loan shark business? Everybody, since Einstein and before have said, the key to a good community is good education, and if we are denying people an education based on their wealth or living status, we are doing something wrong. That is why I agree with making colleges cheaper to get into."

"The next thing I'll discuss is the climate, the climate is rapidly deteriorating, science tells us this. On our current path, we have ten years, ten years to change our current status. The Republican Party which included Teddy Roosevelt, used to be the party for the climate, making national parks and refugees. Yet, at some point, they completely dropped the idea, and began ignoring scientists, Jimmy Carter may not have been too good of a president, but his stance on Climate Change could have saved us precious time, but almost all of his policies were discarded by Reagan, including the climate policies. In the years before and after Reagan, Americans became greedy, we didn't want to save the environment, we were too busy making ourselves rich, and powerful, which don't get me wrong, is a good thing. But we turned a blind eye to the environment, I'm not saying we ought to become a 100% Eco Friendly place, I just think we should put more research into the enviornment to help keep it protected, which in turn will help us all live happier, healthier lives."

“Jimmy Carter not a good President? He was a proud southern Democrat and a good man. Why trash his name?”
Representative Earl Tenson (R-MT-All)

Senate candidate Christina Mudale (R-AL)

Senator Nickolai Dernilski (D-OH)

Houston Mayor Harold Baines (D-TX)

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:42 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Corpus Christi

Linda Lazare
February 3, 2020

“Jimmy Carter not a good President? He was a proud southern Democrat and a good man. Why trash his name?”

"Let me put it like this, he had more negatives than positives during his term. Even he admits that, President Carter was a true democrat in my opinion, I like him, I just think his progressive ideas were a too early for the country, now they should be more closely considered."
Last edited by Louisianan on Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Republick Deutschland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Republick Deutschland » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:01 pm

Louisianan wrote:

Corpus Christi

Linda Lazare
February 3, 2020

"Hello, Congresswoman. I'm an environment major here at Delmar. What do you say to fascists and nazis who deny climate change, like President Wolf and Secretary Porter?"
Representative Daniel Eck (R-Michigan)
Senate Candidate Paul Rodman (R-Ohio)

Louisianan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Louisianan » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:05 pm

Republick Deutschland wrote:
Louisianan wrote:

Corpus Christi

Linda Lazare
February 3, 2020

"Hello, Congresswoman. I'm an environment major here at Delmar. What do you say to fascists and nazis who deny climate change, like President Wolf and Secretary Porter?"

"Stop right there, I will never call President Wolf of Secretary Porter a Nazi or a Fascist, that is not how this campaign is going forward. Any who, to those who disagree with climate change, I say look at the facts, look at the science, and if you can look at the facts and science and still claim that nothing is wrong, you should get checked into a hospital."

Republick Deutschland
Envoy

Founded: Nov 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Republick Deutschland » Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:06 pm

Louisianan wrote:
Republick Deutschland wrote:

"Stop right there, I will never call President Wolf of Secretary Porter a Nazi or a Fascist, that is not how this campaign is going forward. Any who, to those who disagree with climate change, I say look at the facts, look at the science, and if you can look at the facts and science and still claim that nothing is wrong, you should get checked into a hospital."

"But President Wolf is a tyrant, and Secretary Porter is LITERALLY a Nazi! Ms. Lazare, you can't deny evidence!"
Representative Daniel Eck (R-Michigan)
Senate Candidate Paul Rodman (R-Ohio)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse