NATION

PASSWORD

Worldvision Song Contest 87 | OOC | Sign-ups CLOSED

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Carrelie
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Feb 21, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Carrelie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:58 pm

CanerilaEn acemendere...
Grand Prix ou Gaievisée Coutète ou Sondier, Suít-Wedieze Ítaiena

CarrelieOne presents...
WorldVision Song Contest, Edition Eighty-Seven

Featuring commentary by Vian Genamann and guest commentator Gwie Kasrow

Yes, it's that time again. After an okay debut in WorldVision 86, Carrelie has decided to compete in the contest's next edition.
This time, we'll have a group of lovely ladies representing us, it's les Quatre Chanteuses!

-
Left → Right: Marie Dousantier, Rochanne Saçent, Elile Dousantier, Rhienn Aunglennar

Les Quatre Chanteuses are a Dourien quartet formed on 14th September 2013. It is made up of childhood friends Marie Dousantier, her sister Elilie Dousantier, Rochanne Saçent, and Rhienn Aunglennar. At first, they experienced some success in their native city of Mont-Sanguine with their debut EP, Chanter, but really made it big when they toured with Haufen singer Maúsite in 2017. After that, they began works on their third album, which reached 4th on the Top 45 Album Charts, launching them into Haufen, Barician, Iffrwn, and Dourien fame.

These four ladies will be performing Let's Go! in English
Tune: Lonnie Devantier - Hallo, Hallo

More information will be added as time passes.
Last edited by Carrelie on Thu Dec 03, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
✿ Carrelian Confederation ✿
NS Stats not canon

Member of WMCA
WaisnorMalta Comino GozoCarrelieAlezian UnionAchaean RepublicUthossia
Caribou Island (Moorland) & Aenglide are also there.
Ignore literally every vaguely political post I made pre-2022 my views and understandings have changed significantly :)

Scotatrova
Senator

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:09 pm

Scotatrova confirms, details incoming
The Scotatrovian People's Republic
La Repuvlia eh’Oneix Scotatrofina

Official Factbook

Todlichebujoku
Senator

Founded: Feb 24, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Todlichebujoku » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:25 pm

In a last-ditch effort to bring success back to Tödlichebujoku, Sinun Valintasi returns for WorldVision 87. Depending on success, the second-placed entry may or may not represent Tödlichebujoku in the future.

Meanwhile, a strange pall hangs over the country as unblessed occurrences run rampant through the country.

The cascade effects of a botched anti-corenuodai campaign has left the country sliding toward the open, noxious maw of the underworld- a disaster in slow motion, beginning months ago but only accelerating now as the nation finds itself swimming into a sweltering, hellish summer.

The once-trusted farseers and mages find their abilities begin to fail them, and a new crop of unorthodox and fringe practitioners is finding its way into the heart of Tödlichebujoki society.

If the gods are kind, and the universe willing, there may yet be hope for this flickering flame of civilization.

Please send your ranking to me via TG or Discord DM, with your first choice marked. Voting will close around host voting time.
早晨!ToBu for short.
[violet] wrote:You are my go-to nation for long names.
Oct 16 2018- Indo States wrote:YOU'RE FALSE TOBU
Apr 21 2020- Llalta wrote:omg tobu you’ve literally given me asthma with ur art

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:38 pm

NATIONAL FINAL - SPIRITUAL REPUBLIC OF CARYTON
To vote, message me on Discord with all the songs ranked and points allocated. Starting from best to worst, the points you have to allocate are 12, 10, 8, 4, and 2 for 1st - 5th place respectively. As soon as host voting begins, the NF will be considered closed unless there is a lack of votes.

1. My Homeland's Sunrise
Genre: Operatic Tribute
Melody Carlson

tune

2. Contributing Love
Genre: Christian Pop Ballad
Sarah Parker

tune

3. Strawberry Cake
Genre: Happy-go-lucky
Granny Janine

tune

4. You'll Learn To Fly
Genre: Christian Folk Retro Pop
Martha Mallard And Friends

tune

5. Canines 15:1-9
Genre: Scripture Song (The Book of Cary's Example)
Cody Smith

tune
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Elejamie
Senator

Founded: Jan 31, 2009
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Elejamie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 8:11 pm

Elejamie wrote:Not sure what I'm going to send this time around (whether it be the runner-up from my NF from last time) or if I send something else, but I'm still participating either way.

Because it turned out that my alternative song had already been used (and somehow came fourth from last), I'm going to go ahead with my planned entry. AKA the song that finished second in my NF for last time.

Nation Name: Elejamie
Official Broadcaster: ETV ONE
Song Title: All Day, All Night
Artist(s) Name(s): South Working Funk Band

Tune: Laura Tesoro - What's the Pressure
Elejamie (English); Elejamia (Spanish); Elejam (Iyilim) - Denonym: Elejamian - Pronounced (English): Eh-leh-jah-meh
I INTRODUCED THE NS SPORTS COMMUNITY TO URINATINGTREE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS SIGNATURE / Я з Україною

OOC: Miserable opinionated hipster.

Rhim Flavezztowland
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhim Flavezztowland » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:06 pm

THE FLAVEZZTOWLANDER NATIONAL FINALS

Rhim Flavezztowland's back in the WorldVision scene! And guess what?

For the first time in the nation's history with WorldVision, Flavezztowlander private broadcasting company MetroMusic Networks (MMN) - the broadcaster that brought WorldVision to Flavezztowlander TV viewers last edition - is using a National Final to determine the Flavezztowlander artist that'll be competing in WV87!

And without further ado, let's reveal the songs that've been chosen for the Flavezztowlander national finals (but remember that only one of them can be Rhim Flavezztowland's entry into WV87)!...

Song #1: Gloria-N-Kylie - "Dreams in My Pocket"
Music by: Gloria Tang, Miki Hashimoto, Irene Alaina
Lyrics by: Gloria Tang, Kylie Tang
Tune: Cherry Bullet - "Q&A"

Song #2: Marilyn Chang - "Pose"
Music by: Perry Santander, Reina Yamazaki
Lyrics by: Marilyn Chang
Tune: fromis_9 - "Feel Good (Secret Code)"

Song #3: Luvie - "Up or Down"
Music by: Karina Hayes, Brendan Kamigishi
Lyrics by: Karina Hayes, Jessica Miyazaki, Lauren Tomlinson
Tune: Oh My Girl - "Bungee (Fall In Love)"

Song #4: Victor Hayes and Odetta Mercier - "Sweet Love"
Music by: Miki Hashimoto, Keyshia Jones, Gloria Tang
Lyrics by: Victor Hayes, Odetta Mercier
Tune: BTS - "Dynamite"

Song #5: Shauna Turner ft. Blanche Martin - "Can't Nobody"
Music by: Brendan Kamigishi, Cathy Johnson
Lyrics by: Shauna Turner, Blanche Martin
Tune: TWICE - "I Can't Stop Me"

Song #6: Ellie West ft. Nikkitan - "Hatred"
Music by: Eleanor West, Irene Alaina, Hilda Hathaway, Lucas O'Hara
Lyrics by: Eleanor West, Nicole Jameson
Tune: BLACKPINK - "Lovesick Girls"

Song #7: Janet Ichioka ft. Big Busta - "Dear Diary... (Real)"
Music by: Brendan Kamigishi, Jessica Burnet, Keyshia Jones
Lyrics by: Janet Ichioka, Jay McPherson
Tune: IU ft. Suga - "Eight"

Song #8: Lady MiMi ft. Korrina James - "Dare"
Music by: Hilda Hathaway, David Ronstadt
Lyrics by: Mia Tomlinson, Korrina James, Shauna Turner
Tune: BLACKPINK - "DDU-DU DDU-DU"

Song #9: Jess Burnet ft. Leon Powell - "You'll Never Know"
Music by: Jessica Burnet, Perry Santander, Eileen Winston, Bae Yoo-chun
Lyrics by: Jessica Burnet, Leon Powell
Tune: Red Velvet - "Psycho"

Song #10: Tennyson Brothers - "We're Through"
Music by: Wesley Tennyson, Mao Ishiguri, Brendan Kamigishi
Lyrics by: Gerald Tennyson, Wesley Tennyson
Tune: iKON - "Love Scenario"

Please listen to all of the RL tunes listed above before voting - once you've done that, telegram me with a full ranking of the entries listed above, and it'll be considered a vote in the Flavezztowlander national finals. You have until December 9, 2020 at 11:15 GMT to do so - the winning entry will be Rhim Flavezztowland's entry into WV87!

P.S. Also, I'm preconfirming a puppet of mine - Tohotokai.
Last edited by Rhim Flavezztowland on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:26 am, edited 4 times in total.

Tohotokai
Civil Servant

Founded: Nov 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Tohotokai » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Rhim Flavezztowland wrote:P.S. Also, I'm preconfirming a puppet of mine - Tohotokai.

Nation Name: Tohotokai
Official Broadcaster: Tohotokai Broadcasting System (THS)
Song Title: 幸せISM ~Let's愛します~ (Romaji: ShiawaseISM ~Let's Aishimasu~/Translation: "Happiness-ISM (Let's Fall in Love)")
Artist(s) Name(s): Hamasaki Tsukasa
Languages: Japanese, English

Tune: 2NE1 - "Do You Love Me"
An FT city-state whose lore is set in a 25th-century Kanto region where the Japanese monarchy's been overthrown by a capitalist regime. It's one of Rhim Flavezztowland's puppets, the other being Duskain and Bodresia.

A 9-5-8 (6.111) civilization, according to this index.
東方新聞 (Toho Shinbun) - 2401年3月13日 (March 13, 2401) - 東宝時代 (Toho Era) | 国内ニュース (Domestic news headlines): Tohoshinki's plans to annex Chiba, Kansai pushed back to December | Teleportation of humans between Tohotokai and other places in the NS Multiverse now possible thanks to local invention

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:48 pm

Coming off the high of the nation's first win at the contest, SSTR has announced that for WV87 they are going the route of internal selection for the artist but using a five song NF to select the song. Rafael Rubio, who represented Scotatrova at WorldVision 82 while placing 11th and serving as the nation's spokeperson for WorldVision 86, is due to return for WV87. The broadcaster has put forth a five song selection with the chance that Rafael will sing one of them at WorldVision 87. To vote, rank your favorite to least favorite songs from 5-1 and the deadline to vote is Friday, December 11.

Official Factbook

South Alezia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 14, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby South Alezia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 pm

*one day in WTF's HQ*
CEO: How the heck did we lose just now?
Director: Some people say that we're not funny enough. Crustyland has made their move with their seal song?
CEO: Seals? Hmm... We must be sportive and not send seals... However, HA! I GOT IT. CRUSTYLAND, TWO CAN PLAY AT THIS GAME.
Director: We don't have seals...
CEO: However, we have a family of rubber duckies which squeak like seals...
Director: If I'm not mistaken, Seals don't squeal like rubber duckies...
CEO: Shut up. Let's just do it. And also, we must show our Indonesian side more....
Director: And how shall we do that, CEO?
CEO: We can defeat that stupid North with the classic Indonesian "DJ" music.

(suddenly.... someone blasted through the door)
Employee: SIR! WE GOT DEMAND!
CEO: Well that's new... What's the demand tho?
Employee: Recently, people wanted Kay Watteffs back! Maybe this time we can defeat the stupid North? Also, Kay has undergone some surgeries and got a new gown.
CEO: I find North Alezia's song a little bit boring. So that's a possibility. I've been itching to send Kay again too.
Director: But how about the Rubber Ducky family? We want to appeal to wholesome fans too!
CEO: Why don't put them into a duet?
ALL: AAAAAAAA THAT'S IT :) Call them all, we must rehearse quickly

ImageImage

Nation Name: South Alezia
Official Broadcaster: WTF (What is a Telefisyen)
Song Title: I'm Queen of The World
Artist(s) Name(s): Kay Wattefs ft. DJ Duck and His Family

Tune:Kekeyi - Queen Pentol
Last edited by South Alezia on Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
puppet of north alezia :D

Polkopia
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Polkopia » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:00 pm

THE OFFICIAL POLKOPIAN BID TO HOST TO 87th WORLDVISION SONG CONTEST IN PEETO

Polkopia and the Polkopian National Broadcaster (PNB) have been regular participants at Worldvision since their debut in the 22nd edition of the contest, having won the competition a total of 9 times since then. In addition, the contest has been held in Polkopia five times, with the most recent being Worldvision 74, and was widely considered to be a successful hosting. Due to the recent success at Worldvision seen by Polkopia, the PNB has decided to launch their very own bid, in hopes that the general public will allow the broadcaster to earn the hosting rights to the upcoming Worldvision Song Contest. Of course, hosting the contest would never be considered an inexpensive affair, so for the very first time in the broadcaster's history in bidding, the Polkopian government has allocated additional funds to be given to the PNB in order to host such an extravagant event and show the multiverse that the nation is up to the task of hosting Worldvision despite the circumstances that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought. For everyone's health and wellbeing, the PNB ensures that all safety protocols will be adhered to during the event and that we all will be able to enjoy the fun and festivities of Worldvision despite these troubled times.

The following will contain information regarding the Polkopian bid for Worldvision. The proposed venue, stage, postcards, and scoreboard design, as well as travel information will be included, however certain elements may be subject to change depending on the host's schedule. Be that as it may, I, as host, will make hosting one of my top priorities and will do everything in my power in order to make this a successful hosting. I have hosted contests where my execution was nowhere near what I aspired for it to be and I have learned from these mistakes. I believe that WV74 provides a great example of how capable of a host I am and I intend to take a step even further with some of the elements that I intend to showcase in this bid. Without further ado, please enjoy the rest of the bid and I hope to see you all in WV87 in Peeto.

While several Polkopian cities could prove to be great locations to host the contest, Peeto stands out above the rest for a number of reasons. For one, Peeto is the second largest Polkopian city and boasts a bustling public transit network. In addition to an extensive heavy and light rail network, Peeto is home to Polkopia's first monorail system with full service between all of Polkopia's main destinations. Regarding arrival to Peeto, the city is home to Polkopia's busiest international airport - Verekovo Airport, as well as Nulvik' Airport and Čestovo Airport who also service international airlines. If flight is off the table for your delegation, Polkopia boasts an incredibly efficient passenger railway network, spanning across the entire nation with select destinations in neighboring countries as well. Being a port city, Peeto's maritime transportation is as bustling as ever. With 101 commercial ports, Peeto sports Polkopia's largest and busiest port and takes great pride in its maritime activity. Should this bid win, you'll find that traveling to and within Peeto will be much easier than back home!

So what exactly does Peeto have to offer? Well, besides being one of the oldest cities in the nation and boasting some beautiful, historical sights, the city is the unofficial capital of Polkopia's thriving music scene. Polkopian Worldvision legends like Sergey Borisčev, Anna Viktoreevna, and Anna Petravona (to name a few) all got their lucky break whilst in Peeto and their impact on the city's culture can still be felt today. Worldvision fans are able to visit the 'Worldvision Museum' located in the Arts District, where original drafts, recordings, and interviews from previous Polkopian participants are all available to the public. During the week of Worldvision, the entry fee will be waved for those who who have purchased a ticket to Grand Final and you can enjoy these exhibits for no charge!

The history of the city is as complex as the history of Polkopia itself and that can be seen through a simple walk through any of the downtown districts. The land that Peeto now sits upon was first built upon in 1422, when the Muscovites built a fortress that stood until the early 16th century, when the fortress was demolished and a city was built in its place. That city would later become known as Peeto and would be the center of revolution, innovation, and civilization in the region for the centuries to come. The city was partially destroyed a number of times throughout the years and this can all be seen while walking down Nulvikiy Prospekt, one of the main avenues downtown, where buildings on the side of the road can date back all the way back to 1543. Historically speaking, Peetovnitsy, or citizens from Peeto, were always able to rebuild their city quickly after disaster struck their beloved hometown. For instance, by the time the first Polkopian Civil War had ended, many of the older, historical homes downtown had been destroyed. Instead of replicating some of these structures, the Peetovnitsy worked tirelessly to rebuild their city with a more modern flare. This can be seen toward the end of Nulvikiy Prospekt, where one can spot a 20th century Khrushchyovka right next-door to a 17th century flat on the corner of Bol'šaya Street.

It's no question that Peeto would be a great location to host the upcoming Worldvision Song Contest. Whether or not you're a history nerd, a music lover, or just love a night on the town, Peeto is sure to have everything you've ever wanted and more! We hope you enjoy the city as much as we here at the PNB do!

The proposed arena to host the 87th Worldvison Song Contest is "Stadion Hanisova", the same arena that hosted the contest all the way back in '38. Since hosting Worldvision 38, the arena has undergone a multitude of renovations in order to keep up with the growing demands of Polkopian football club, Dynamo Peeto. Currently, it seats 64,000 spectators, however that number will be reduced to 31,242 in order to maintain social distancing procedures. The stadium's location just along the outskirts of the Finansoviy Rayon, or Financial District, make the stadium easily accessible from virtually anywhere in Peeto. The arena is located at the junction of the blue and red lines on the metro, and is a 7-minute walk from the nearest monorail stop. Furthermore, the green areas outside of the arena will be converted into several outdoor seating areas, with the actual contest being projected on the outside of the arena. In doing this, the PNB hopes to encourage social gatherings in an outdoor setting rather than having them in closed-quarters however social distancing will be strictly enforced by security professional patrolling the grounds at all times.

In addition to the viewing areas being erected during the time of the show, beforehand, we invite everybody to enjoy the festivities beforehand. Tents will be set up all around the arena's grounds, where local chefs and artisans will be selling their goods to the public. In addition, street performers and local musicians will be entertaining the crowd as they enjoy some of their newly-acquired authentic Polkopian merchandise. For the adults, local breweries, wineries, and distilleries will be providing free samples of future drink mixes, where surveys will be conducted on the most popular drink. For the children, a small child-friendly amusement park will be constructed, where every attraction will be regularly sanitized in between riders. Of course, we invite everyone to take part in these festivities, even if you do not plan on attending the main event, in hopes that you'll be able to experience the excitement and anticipation of Worldvision in some sort of way.

One of the most important aspects of Worldvision (if not, the most important) is the stage. Every broadcaster has their exact vision with how they would want to stage their entry, and the PNB understands that the use of special effects such as pyrotechnics, water jets, fireworks, lasers, and other elements only add to the effect of creating a memorable entry. Therefore, Polkopian engineers have designed this stage so all of that is possible. The stage comes complete with all of the things mentioned above, which can all me emitted through the rings on the ceiling, or around the perimeter of the stage. Furthermore, the stage floor itself does not come with a built-in LED screen, however the two main platforms at the front and back of the stage do. These bits of the stage can project any animation or color that is needed in order to create the perfect performance. Furthermore, the stage also has smaller platforms on either side of the stage, with each platform including its very own LED screen which have the same capabilities as the main platforms. The background screen also has an LED screen, as do the geometric shapes that jet out around the back of the stage as well. There is truly nothing that this stage can't do!

For more detailed views of the stage, please click the following links: Here Here and Here

While the overall theme of this edition resembles a more nostalgic element of Polkopia's past, we here at the PNB want to mix it up and add a splash of modernity to it in order to appeal to some of the younger viewers at home. Therefore, we've designed a scoreboard that keeps certain elements from Polkopian folk culture and we've added elements that made it more applicable into modern times.

The following is how the scoreboard would look like if this bid were to have won the hosting rights in Worldvision 86:

The postcards have been described by many as the "selling point" of the bid and who are we to disagree? The postcard in question will feature the national colors of each participating nation, the skyline of that nation's capital (or another city of their choosing), and will feature an animation. In preparation for this, we are asking for each nation to send their information to the host country, providing their colors and what city they'd like to use as a reference. Examples of postcards can be found below:

This concludes the Polkopian bid for the 87th Worldvision Song Contest. Thank you for going through all of this and we'd love to have the next Worldvision in Peeto!
Last edited by Polkopia on Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:56 am, edited 5 times in total.
Anthem (Instrumental) Factbook Embassy
Check out the Polkopian Premier League

1st place: 8 Times (WV25, WV30, WV35 WV39, WV44, WV48, WV50, WV75)
2nd place: 2 Times (WV26, WV34)
3rd place (8 Times: WV27, WV31, WV32, WV37, WV54, WV59, WV70, WV72)

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:11 pm

More Details Coming Soon
Last edited by Scotatrova on Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Official Factbook

Pemecutan
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Pemecutan » Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:04 am

Nation Name: Pemecutan
Official Broadcaster: UBC (Ubung Broadcasting Company)
Song Title: TBA
Artist(s) Name(s): TBA
Tune: Rascal Flatts - What Hurts The Most
United Kingdom of Pemecutan
Pemecutan Realm
Trigram: PCU | Demonym: Pemecutanian
Capital: Pemecutan Puri
Population: 23,027,733 (latest census)

Homepage | Wikipage

Ethane
Minister

Founded: Sep 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Ethane » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:21 am

Ethane
Esportivan and Proud.
<drawk> If the entirety of the nation of Ethane was covered in a single cubic foot of Ethane on its surface, lighting it all on fire would cause a 5.44 megaton blast.
Best WorldVision Finish: 2nd. Best World Cup Finish: Quarter-Finals. Best KPB Rank: 8th. Best WBC Finish: 1st.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:21 am

We might be back this time? Let's see
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Nekoni
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 29, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Nekoni » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:04 am

NTR, in an affront to all previously known logic and reason, present:

It didn't work last time, but sod it, at this point Nekoni are willing to try anything. The submission period was as wide as ever, and (despite getting a bunch fewer artists, since the last few bad placings have meant that a lot more people don't want to be seen dead flying the WV flag), we found eight of the best for a potential contest spot! Additionally, the top two runners up from Absolution 85 are back into the mix, ready for another round, to make a nice round ten.

Rules for the international audience is a whole LOT simpler this time round:
- There is only ONE round, the final.
- Voting is now done in traditional style. Each song in each nation's received top 6 will be awarded the following:
1st: 8pts
2nd: 6pts
3rd: 4pts
4th: 3pts
5th: 2pts
6th: 1pt

- Nekoni will get a vote, but it will only be a single one this time.
- The voting will end Sunday 13, December, 21:00 GMT.
- All song names are not final and may be changed if selected to represent Nekoni at the WVSC.

Are you lazy and want all ten in a playlist? Of course you are. Place thine seed in thine ear and rejoice!

Last edited by Nekoni on Mon Dec 07, 2020 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
Eurovision apologist, International Broadcast Alliance founding member

Debuted in 26, currently entered 29 times

Wins: 2 (70, 92)
Podiums: 3 (70, 80, 92)
Top 10s: 12 (46, 63, 64, 70, 71, 73, 75, 78, 80, 90, 92, 94)
Hostings: 3 (64, 80, 94)

Former Scuderia Fuoco e Ghiacchi, now Polaris Racing Team
WGPC 13 Drivers & Constructors Champion
7-time Grand Prix Host
Renowned* Track Designer

*by himself

Waisnor
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 03, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Waisnor » Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:37 am

Here is updated sign up:

Nation Name: Waisnor
Official Broadcaster: First National Channel (FNC)
Song Title: Sorvat' maski
Translation: Take off the masks
Artist(s) Name(s): Svetlana Mikhalkova

Tune: Gia Woods - Hungry
81 = 18th/34
82 = 22nd/31
83 = 27th/41
84 = 15th/27
85 = 20th/28
86 = 14th/32
87 = 14th/36
88 = 24th/32
89 = 16th/37
90 = 8th/35
91 = 9th/30
92 = 8th/29
93 = 4th/25
94 = 14th/28
95 = 15th/27
96 = 8th/34
97 = 6th/25
98 = 23rd/31
99 = 6th/38
100 = 12th/51
101 = 24th/32
102 = 10th/30
103 = 2nd/26
104 = 11th/26
105 = 6th/31
106 = 5th/25
107 = 21st/37
108 = 9th/32
109 = 11th/21
110 = 14th/27
111 = 5th/29
112 = 7th/25

51 = 10th/20
52 = 19th/24
53 = 11th in the semifinal/33

Scotatrova
Senator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Scotatrova » Thu Dec 03, 2020 5:56 pm

Official Host Bid For WorldVision 87

Engium is renowned as Scotatrova's fifth largest and oldest continually inhabited city. Engium is one of the oldest cities on the continent and the oldest in Scotatrova, predating other major Scotatrovian cities such as Muse, Ordium and Agon by centuries. As a result, the city has a rich and deep history. It has been ruled by a series of tribes since the 5th century BC, has been invaded and captured several times throughout its history, and since then it has been a major political and cultural center. It is one of the major economic centers on the continent, with a growing financial sector and one of the largest container ports on Europe's Atlantic coast. You won’t have to look far for nightlife as you can just dive into the medley of different clubs and swish coffee shops in the Alte district. Then, perhaps, you can take in the latest in digital installation art at the Iorca Museum, or go nose to nose with a grimacing shark at the Engium Aquarium. Meanwhile, the mysticism of much-vaunted Anare hides in the nearby hills, while endless stretches of pristine beachfront abound in the peninsulas around the estuary and the Atlantic Coast.

The Venue would be located at the Engium Seixa Arena. Engium Seixa is a multi-purpose arena located just 10 minutes away from Downtown Engium, and can house over 20,000 different spectators. The Arena is quite famously known for hosting many sports events, however it has been used in the past several times for different music award shows and concerts, in which cases the seating can expand to accomadate 22,000 people. Two-thirds of the arena's seating, including 2,500 club seats, are in the lower bowl. There are also 160 luxury suites, including 15 event suites, on three levels between the lower and upper bowls. About 4 refreshment stands are located throughout the Arena.

The stage for this edition will provide many different opportunities and routes for each participating country. Creating a floating appearance, a metal constructed halo hung above the stage and over the house with fully integrated video product and lighting. To continue the flow of the halo design, a 60′ custom built passarele came out into the house creating a unique section of the stage. Included in the flooring were custom graphics and integrated infrared sensors for augmented reality. Also assisting in performance switchovers was the close down; a large curved metal arch with integrated video panels that flew in and out of the stage to allow for band set ups. All of this is included with the usual aspects that come with a WorldVision stage, including various effects such as pyrotechnics, rain, fog and wind machines.

Your hosts for this edition would be none other than Gerardo Magrina and Ravina Ferez Xigar. This is actually not the first time that these two would be doing a hosting together. Back in 2016, the two of them along with Henrique Solar hosted that year's Scotatrovian Song Festival. Outside of that, Gerardo is a very successful television personality and musician, while Ravina herself also does music, but also manages being a talk show host every week for Hodiar Gom Ravina. There is no doubt that these two will be able to pull off yet another good hosting.

The Postcards for this edition will be unique to each nation, but still retain a sense of uniformity among them. Each postcard will contain the usual information: the nation, its song and its artist. Each of the animations will also be identical to one another, showing a movement through the stars. However each nation's postcard will be shaded a color that is found on their national flags.

(Final postcards will likely have gone through an editing process, so they may look a little different from the examples in terms of formatting)

Official Factbook

Hafamarimyht
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 16, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Hafamarimyht » Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:41 am

Samëči Returns!

Thunderous applause over the end of the theme music for Tonight! with Čabrah Lumpand. The camera zooms in on his face as he stands, like always, on the stage area in front of the guests' chairs and his desk. He smiles and thanks the crowd.

Čabrah: Thank you, good evening! Thank you! Tonight on Tonight! We'll talk with Judge Ahtamsë about his mistress's missing dresses, and the stress her best guess with the press put him through! What a mess!

We'll also be talking to Künka Lëmuha about his new movie Spiral Eyes, in theatres next week.

But first! It's WorldVision night and I've been asked to read a prepared statement from TVH, so if I can think back on my elementary school days and remember what letters are, I'll read it to you. Here we go.

"TVH has internally selected the entrant for WorldVision 87. Going with a more western pop sensibility, the Hafämari WorldVision Committee has chosen a familiar face to all of Hafämarimët, and perhaps even to those who have been in WorldVision for a long time." (He lowers the paper, choosing not to read the rest of the statement.)

Apparently the decision came as a result of a result - namely, a result that was lower than had been hoped for at the 86th WorldVision. Kolektïv Idïš came 21st in the contest, and while that is Hafämarimët's second-best result - yep - it isn't quite what TVH were looking for in their first attempt at representing the country. So they've gone in a bit of a different direction this time, and I know you'll all be very excited, I am too. So without further delay, it is my pleasure to say, that the Hafämari entry in the 87th WorldVision Song Contest will be performed by... Samëči!

The audience roars with applause as she walks out and gives Čabrah a hug. He walks to his desk and indicates a chair for her to sit in.

Čabrah: So, Samëči.

Samëči: Hi!

Čabrah: Hi! So you're doing WorldVision again!

Samëči: Yeah! I'm so excited about it too!

Čabrah: So in case people have been living under a rock since 2011, you were the first person to represent Hafämarimët at WorldVision, back in, I think it was WorldVision 19?

Samëči: Yep! I can't believe it's been nine years.

Čabrah: Well time flies when you're scoring hit after hit after hit, right?

Samëči: (Laughing) I guess so, yeah. Fourteen #1 songs since then, world tours, platinum albums. I've really been enjoying it.

Čabrah: I should hope so! Tell us about the song.

Samëči: It's called Vajedjëm and it's about being together, solving problems and growing and making a beautiful world with the people you care about. I think it's a universal theme everyone can understand.

Čabrah: Of course, and a very important thing to remember, especially in tough times.

Samëči: Right, exactly. Like even when you think you're alone, you feel completely disconnected from other people, there are people who still hold you in their hearts. You can be together with them emotionally even if you don't think you can. I guess it's like, you already are, you always are connected to the people who matter the most.

Čabrah: Beautiful, I absolutely love that.

Samëči: Thank you.

Čabrah: So do you want to perform?

Samëči: Yeah! I guess that's why I came here, right? (She laughs and begins to walk towards the front of the stage, where Čabrah delivered his opening monologue.)

Čabrah: Yeah, nobody really comes here to talk to me, so go for it! (They both laugh as the intro starts to play.)

She performs the song quite intimately, not a full-blown production but genuine, spending many moments connecting with individual audience members. They seem to be very into the song, dancing in their seats and clapping along. This performance isn't technically spectacular - the lights only change a handful of times - but she performs well and seems very happy on the stage. As she wraps up, Čabrah chimes in again:

Čabrah: Samëči, everyone! Congratulations on the selection and, honestly, I think you'll do well, I really love the song!

Samëči: Thank you!

Čabrah: Thank you! We'll be back after this break!

Nation Name: Hafämarimët
Official Broadcaster: TVH (Televïs Hafämari)
Song Title: Vajedjëm
Title Translation: Together
Artist(s) Name(s): Samëči

Tune: Kylie Minogue - Say Something
Last edited by Hafamarimyht on Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
WV19: 23rd (27pts)
WV24: 34th (9pts)
WV26: 34th (28 pts)
WV27: 31st (27 pts)
WV28: 28th (21 pts)
WV30: 18th (39 pts)
WV34: DQ
WV82: 24th (18 pts)
WV86: 21st (99pts)
WV87: 9th (160pts)
WV88: 19th (121pts)
WV90: 26th (81pts)
WV91: 15th (117pts)
WV96: 17th (134pts)
WV99: 11th (158pts)
WV100: 16th in SF/DNQ
WV109: 18th (71pts)
WV110: 8th (156pts)
WV111: 7th (196pts)
WV112: 8th (146pts)

WHF5: 8th (16pts)
WHF11: 22nd (3pts)
WHF13: 24th (5pts)
WHF56: 20th (6pts)
WHF57: 8th (18pts)
WHF59: 10th (13pts)
WHF73: 2nd (22pts)

Rhim Flavezztowland
Envoy

Founded: Sep 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhim Flavezztowland » Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:25 am

Just a reminder that you have 5 more days to vote in the NF that'll determine Rhim Flavezztowland's WV87 entry! You can find more details on it here.
Last edited by Rhim Flavezztowland on Fri Dec 04, 2020 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Belgaam
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Belgaam » Sun Dec 06, 2020 11:32 am

Not sure if I actually will participate but here xoxo

Nation Name: Belgaam
Official Broadcaster: TBS
Song Title: Promises
Artist(s) Name(s): Ñożanía Tríelżí

Tune: Olivia Addams - Fish In The Sea
Last edited by Belgaam on Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
71: 17/25
72: 9/18
73: 19/26
74: Withdrew
75: Did not participate
76: Did not participate
77: Did not participate
78: Did not participate
79: Did not participate
80: Did not participate
81: 16/35
82: Withdrew
83: Did not participate
84: Did not participate
85: Did not participate
86: Did not participate
87: 20/38

Shorestead
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Shorestead » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:38 pm

Caryton Puppet

Nation Name: Shorestead
Official Broadcaster: Shorestead Media Depository (SMD)
Song Title: ♂️ Boy Next Door ♂️ (Super Hot Carytonic Quarterback)
Tune: Starship - We Built This City

-

Background:

Shorestead is a tiny archipelago of 6 islets not too far east of the Ecclesiastical Offshore Territory of Carynesia. What was once a lovely and obscure getaway for the world's rich has essentially become a dumping ground for the exiled of Caryton. Excommunication and exile would vary from a broad range of crimes, from serial adultery to murder. Shorestead's primary imports? The profane, sexually promiscuous outward homosexuals who had repeatedly dissented or committed some degree of anti-church crime. Contrary to the Spiritual Republic, this nation was a small, urban, modern, and liberal island paradise.

After a devastating famine, civil war, and safari fires shook Zamboodle into a nightmarish state of despair, it became obvious that the Supah Soldas would not be returning to WorldVision. Defected gay missionaries who had converted in the free and liberal Free Gospel Church of Caryton (FGCC) who had managed the Supah Soldas would retire early to Shorestead with tons of musical royalty dough. Noting the recent absence of a nation offending and mortifying prudish elderly clergy, the former directors and staff of many of Zamboodle's entries would reach out to the vibrant Shoresteadian arts community, conscripting hipster theater major twinks and show choir performers in droves, preparing to arrange another entry that would leave a positive taste in the world's mouth while still sticking the bird to the theocracy out west.

OOC: Commence the release of the most eagerly anticipated song about a gay jock fetish hyped OOC'ly since 5 editions ago. Reverends will recoil, pastors will petrify, and deacons will dement.

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:38 pm

talvezout will return!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
talveziobiblio.org.tz

Spiritual Republic of Caryton
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Spiritual Republic of Caryton » Tue Dec 08, 2020 12:39 pm

Shorestead wrote:Caryton Puppet

Confirmed.
The Spiritual Republic of Caryton
(CARYTON VIDEO)
A serene & puritan 80s-90s tech agrarian Christian fundamentalist nation with no separation between church and state. Wide prairies, fertile plains, archaic clothing, clean skies, lack of modern influence, universal prohibition, kind societies, and simple austere lives forge the Carytonic identity.
Music of Caryton: [8-29-22] Classic Carytonic Sing-Along Hymns

Nahlcomo
Secretary

Founded: Oct 11, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nahlcomo » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:59 pm

hello we do the sign in

Talvezout
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Talvezout » Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:59 pm