NATION

PASSWORD

Angels & Demons

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)
Ivan De Witte
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Angels & Demons

Postby Ivan De Witte » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:37 am

I had a demon for 20 years. His name was coke. I admit, I was addicted to this demon. I tried to tame it a dozen times with no success.

Few years ago, I had a kind of vision at night. A very beautiful female angel was sitting on my bed, she was accompanied with soft lovely suomisoundi music and said only one word:

"Stop!".

While she didn't say I should quit coke, I knew it was about that demon.

The next day I had the force to kill my demon and I'm still sober today.

I'm wondering if the angel was real or just my imagination. Even if it was a self-made perception of my brain, it gave me the force to stop.

Do you believe angels are real or fake as news?

Page
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Page » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:39 am

I don't think angels and demons are real but if your experience helped you improve your life then think whatever you want of it.
Anarcho-Communist Against: Bolsheviks, Fascists, TERFs, Putin, Autocrats, Conservatives, Ancaps, Bourgeoisie, Bigots, Liberals, Maoists

I don't believe in kink-shaming unless your kink is submitting to the state.

Ivan De Witte
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ivan De Witte » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:41 am

Page wrote:I don't think angels and demons are real but if your experience helped you improve your life then think whatever you want of it.

Thank you Page.

Witiland
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 13, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:43 am

Ivan De Witte wrote:I had a demon for 20 years. His name was coke. I admit, I was addicted to this demon. I tried to tame it a dozen times with no success.

Few years ago, I had a kind of vision at night. A very beautiful female angel was sitting on my bed, she was accompanied with soft lovely suomisoundi music and said only one word:

"Stop!".

While she didn't say I should quit coke, I knew it was about that demon.

The next day I had the force to kill my demon and I'm still sober today.

I'm wondering if the angel was real or just my imagination. Even if it was a self-made perception of my brain, it gave me the force to stop.

Do you believe angels are real or fake as news?

Yes angels are real as well as demons I’m a hard core believer in that. But I feel that was also your discernment and you spirit telling you to quit. I feel yes god can lead you and push you but god gave mans dominion over this earth
Our leader is a WEREWOLF deal with it
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Old Tyrannia
Game Moderator

Founded: Aug 11, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Old Tyrannia » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:44 am

As a Christian I do believe that angels exist. I'm somewhat sceptical of those who claim to have interacted with them, though. Regardless of whether your angelic visitor was an actual messenger of God or a product of your imagination, I'm glad that it helped you get past a difficult time in your life.
"Classicist in literature, royalist in politics, and Anglo-Catholic in religion" (T.S. Eliot). Still, unaccountably, a NationStates Moderator.
"Have I done something for the general interest? Well then, I have had my reward. Let this always be present to thy mind, and never stop doing such good." - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations (Book XI, IV)
⚜ GOD SAVE THE KING

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:46 am

Old Tyrannia wrote:As a Christian I do believe that angels exist. I'm somewhat sceptical of those who claim to have interacted with them, though. Regardless of whether your angelic visitor was an actual messenger of God or a product of your imagination, I'm glad that it helped you get past a difficult time in your life.

I’m pretty sure there are different types of angels like I think one of them are messengers,some warriors,etc
Last edited by Witiland on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

New American Unionist State
Secretary

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby New American Unionist State » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:50 am

id say they exist.

The Reformed American Republic
Powerbroker

Founded: May 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Reformed American Republic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 am

I think it's much more likely you hallucinated as you were on drugs per your own admission.
"It's called 'the American Dream' 'cause you have to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin
"My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right." - Carl Schurz
Older posts do not reflect my positions.

Holocene Extinction

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:54 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I think it's much more likely you hallucinated as you were on drugs per your own admission.

Well from what I know your partially right, when you take drugs it does put you into that realm and makes you vulnerable to attacks. I really do believe that your inner concious was trying to get you out of drugs (which you could say is the power of god in you...)
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

The New California Republic
Post Czar

Founded: Jun 06, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:56 am

The Reformed American Republic wrote:I think it's much more likely you hallucinated as you were on drugs per your own admission.

Yes, considering that the "demon" referred to in this case is actually a narcotic that is recognised to cause hallucinations and psychosis, then in all likelihood the "angel" in this case was in the mind.
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

White-collared conservatives flashing down the street
Pointing their plastic finger at me
They're hoping soon, my kind will drop and die
But I'm going to wave my freak flag high
Wave on, wave on
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

New yugoslavaia
Minister

Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New yugoslavaia » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:57 am

Doesn't matter if they're real or not (I personally don't think so), it's good you didn't keep doing crack. Could of caused you an early death.
That's it.
But what do you mean by "fake as the news"? Just curious.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Just sort of happened one day.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Is it a race of cyborg neo-life at war with any assimilating organisms they come across in the far far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:57 am

What’s so crazy about all this was that yesterday I saw someone who got delivered from a demon. Now its basically taking a demon out of someone and there was screaming like screams of agony and screams from hell. Then there was crying and vomit. It was crazy not death scary but more of a disturbing sight.
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Honeydewistania
Senator

Founded: Jun 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Honeydewistania » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:58 am

I thought this thread would be about Good Omens :(
Home of the first best pizza topping known to NationStates | Prolific Security Council Author (15x resolutions written) | Not that one fraud, Pineappleistania(ew) | Mouthpiece for Melons' first-rate SC takes | read this please

Alger wrote:if you have egoquotes in your signature, touch grass

Treciene
Envoy

Founded: Jul 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Treciene » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:59 am

I thought this would be about Christianity.
It’s about morals. I’m fine with that, morals are needed in life.
The Imperial State of Treciene
24/6, Closed on Sundays

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:59 am

Witiland wrote:What’s so crazy about all this was that yesterday I saw someone who got delivered from a demon. Now its basically taking a demon out of someone and there was screaming like screams of agony and screams from hell. Then there was crying and vomit. It was crazy not death scary but more of a disturbing sight.

It's unfortunate that mentally disturbed people even nowadays in some places are not diagnosed and treated, but instead some religious charlatan comes along claiming that they are "possessed".
Last edited by Sigmund Freud on Sat Sep 23, 1939 2:23 am, edited 999 times in total.

The Irradiated Wasteland of The New California Republic: depicting the expanded NCR, several years after the total victory over Caesar's Legion, and the annexation of New Vegas and its surrounding areas.

Wave on, wave on

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 am

Cocaine, it's a hell of a drug.

-- r. James
Last edited by Ethel mermania on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

SD_Film Artists
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 10, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby SD_Film Artists » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:04 am

As an agnostic spiritualist I believe that angels and demons are the same thing; angels are just demons with better PR.
Last edited by SD_Film Artists on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lurking NSG since 2005
Economic Left/Right: -2.62, Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.67

When anybody preaches disunity, tries to pit one of us against each other through class warfare, race hatred, or religious intolerance, you know that person seeks to rob us of our freedom and destroy our very lives.

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:10 am

The New California Republic wrote:
Witiland wrote:What’s so crazy about all this was that yesterday I saw someone who got delivered from a demon. Now its basically taking a demon out of someone and there was screaming like screams of agony and screams from hell. Then there was crying and vomit. It was crazy not death scary but more of a disturbing sight.

It's unfortunate that mentally disturbed people even nowadays in some places are not diagnosed and treated, but instead some religious charlatan comes along claiming that they are "possessed".

Well what do the doctors do? They give them even more drugs. Lock I dunno if your believer or not but if you really do believe there is a world of a war that we aren’t seeing where people are fighting and it’s not physical people we’re not fighting people were fighting spirits and principalities. I had an experience with the doctors that could have changed my life forever. So before my family knew of god and when I was young I was not only was my speech poor but i did not read or speak until really late. I was diagnosed with autism. Now I used to be super hyper jumping up and down and waving my arms around for no reason. Now the doctors sos to medicate me and I would calm down. My dad was convinced but something did not feel right to my mom. She said no and said that her son is perfectly fine. Turns out I was gifted and I was in the wrong classes and that’s why I was failing. Imagine if they would have medicated me, I could have needed up in that same state maybe even worse, could have gotten depressed or even suicidal. I thank god every day for my mom
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:13 am

Yes, considering that the "demon" referred to in this case is actually a narcotic that is recognised to cause hallucinations and psychosis, then in all likelihood the "angel" in this case was in the mind.

Also correction, I don’t believe in religion I believe in god. I don’t believe in following mans rules for god, I believe in relationship with god. Religion and relationship with god and two different things. I’m a non demotional Christian not a religious person. Many times in my life I have gotten that confused but it’s quite simple really
Last edited by Witiland on Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:26 am

Witiland wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:It's unfortunate that mentally disturbed people even nowadays in some places are not diagnosed and treated, but instead some religious charlatan comes along claiming that they are "possessed".

Well what do the doctors do? They give them even more drugs.

No. The person can get therapy and things that actually help, rather than being told the harmful lie that there is a demon inside them and thus magnifying their trauma.

Witiland wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:Yes, considering that the "demon" referred to in this case is actually a narcotic that is recognised to cause hallucinations and psychosis, then in all likelihood the "angel" in this case was in the mind.

Also correction, I don’t believe in religion I believe in god. I don’t believe in following mans rules for god, I believe in relationship with god. Religion and relationship with god and two different things. I’m a non demotional Christian not a religious person. Many times in my life I have gotten that confused but it’s quite simple really

Did you quote the wrong person or something, as this has no relation to what I just said.

Wave on, wave on

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:29 am

Witiland wrote:Well what do the doctors do? They give them even more drugs.

No. The person can get therapy and things that actually help, rather than being told the harmful lie that there is a demon inside them and thus magnifying their trauma.

Witiland wrote: Also correction, I don’t believe in religion I believe in god. I don’t believe in following mans rules for god, I believe in relationship with god. Religion and relationship with god and two different things. I’m a non demotional Christian not a religious person. Many times in my life I have gotten that confused but it’s quite simple really

Did you quote the wrong person or something, as this has no relation to what I just said.

Oops sorry quotes it on the wrong thing, not used to using mobile. I believe half of that. Are there good therapists who actually help people yes! But do they fail sometimes yes. They almost failed me if it was not for my mother. And that is what’s so important you can have all the doctors and all the psychologists in the world and still feel miserable. I believe that mental health is real, but at the same time that’s just a worldly flesh interpretation of it. There’s a war out there man and it’s of sprits
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Ethel mermania
Post Overlord

Founded: Aug 20, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ethel mermania » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:32 am

Witiland wrote:
The New California Republic wrote:No. The person can get therapy and things that actually help, rather than being told the harmful lie that there is a demon inside them and thus magnifying their trauma.

Oops sorry quotes it on the wrong thing, not used to using mobile. I believe half of that. Are there good therapists who actually help people yes! But do they fail sometimes yes. They almost failed me if it was not for my mother. And that is what’s so important you can have all the doctors and all the psychologists in the world and still feel miserable. I believe that mental health is real, but at the same time that’s just a worldly flesh interpretation of it. There’s a war out there man and it’s of sprits

Its human v human, no need to blame this on others
https://www.hvst.com/posts/the-clash-of ... s-wl2TQBpY

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or religion … but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners often forget this fact; non-Westerners never do.
--S. Huntington

The most fundamental problem of politics is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness. 

--H. Kissenger

Post Czar

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The New California Republic » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:36 am

Witiland wrote:I believe that mental health is real, but at the same time that’s just a worldly flesh interpretation of it. There’s a war out there man and it’s of sprits

Sorry but I'm absolutely not giving you an inch on this one; telling mentally ill people that "there is an evil demon influencing them" is extremely harmful to them.

Wave on, wave on

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:36 am

Ethel mermania wrote:
Witiland wrote:

Its human v human, no need to blame this on others

So long as you think that there will always be war and hate. Imagine let’s just say it’s hypothetical that demons and sprits exist. Now you still don’t believe in them and doubt their existence ok... wouldn’t it be the perfect cover up for demons to convince you they are not real? How can you fight something you can’t see? Corona is so small yet so damaging. There was so many tiny things that we can’t see that have a huge impact. So I don’t care if you believe or not, I respect your beliefs either way, but if your willing to listen I’ll gladly share my thoughts
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Witiland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Witiland » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:36 am

Witiland wrote:I believe that mental health is real, but at the same time that’s just a worldly flesh interpretation of it. There’s a war out there man and it’s of sprits

Sorry but I'm absolutely not giving you an inch on this one; telling mentally ill people that "there is an evil demon influencing them" is extremely harmful to them.

And giving them addicting drugs with even more side effects is not?
AMERICAN!!!
Politics is fun BLM
BIDEN2020

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General