NATION

PASSWORD

It's shower time baby!

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Personally I..

..shower in the morning
20%
..shower at night
39%
..shower both morning and night
15%
..don't shower at all
2%
..Hasselhoff doesn't shower either because he's immune to dirt
5%
..I'mma let you finish, but New York New York is the best shower song of all time
4%
..I take long luxurious baths filled with fragrances and oils
8%
..something else
8%

Total votes : 109

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 13, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

It's shower time baby!

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:39 pm

An ex-girlfriend used to only shower at night, her point was she didn't see the point in going to bed awash with the filth of the day, being clean and getting into a clean bed meant you weren't particularly sweaty or smelly in the morning, and she was Asian so even less so, and that it was logical to shower at night not the morning.

Given Covid-19, I've kind of adopted this since I don't leave the house as much and, when I do, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt and deodorant will do.

So when do you shower, do you think it's logical and would you consider changing to night instead of morning, or do you do both?

Similarly, apropos of nothing, I heard French men wash their hands before peeing, because given what you've been touching all day it's probably more hygienic.

However.. this is for any shower habits, tips and tricks..
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Des-Bal
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Des-Bal » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:42 pm

Hot shower in the morning to bootstrap consciousness, cold shower after the gym in the evening to step down work protocol.
Cekoviu wrote:DES-BAL: Introverted, blunt, focused, utilitarian. Hard to read; not verbose online or likely in real life. Places little emphasis on interpersonal relationships, particularly with online strangers for whom the investment would outweigh the returns.
Desired perception: Logical, intellectual
Public perception: Neutral-positive - blunt, cold, logical, skilled at debating
Mindset: Logos

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 pm

I can't see it for me, I have long-ish hair and I won't go to bed with wet hair (I don't like hair dryers). I rarely come downstairs in the morning without washing up, brushing my teeth, etc.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Founded: Antiquity

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:46 pm

I’m going to get gross right off the bat and say in the morning because showing is aaaaallllll about ball stank, and after a night of hanging out in my shorts or whatever, balls accrue stank. Plus, I’m gross when I sleep so I might have drool or some other grossness and crust from the evening, I need to rinse all that shit off and create the illusion I’m not a gross blob. At least give people in the firs four hours of interaction the belief that I’m clean and hygienic.

Despite my advancing years I still go, “Crap, forgot to wash my noggin” and I feel like washing my face and head last (I have eliminated hair on top because they were a bunch of quitters) is borderline gross because I’ve already washed out my nooks and crannies. But soap either cleans or it doesn’t, I guess.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:47 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:I’m going to get gross right off the bat and say in the morning because showing is aaaaallllll about ball stank, and after a night of hanging out in my shorts or whatever, balls accrue stank. Plus, I’m gross when I sleep so I might have drool or some other grossness and crust from the evening, I need to rinse all that shit off and create the illusion I’m not a gross blob. At least give people in the firs four hours of interaction the belief that I’m clean and hygienic.

Despite my advancing years I still go, “Crap, forgot to wash my noggin” and I feel like washing my face and head (I have eliminated hair on top because they were a bunch of quitters) is borderline gross because I’ve already washed out my nooks and crannies. But soap either cleans or it doesn’t, I guess.

*slowly backs away*
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Cannot think of a name wrote:I’m going to get gross right off the bat and say in the morning because showing is aaaaallllll about ball stank, and after a night of hanging out in my shorts or whatever, balls accrue stank. Plus, I’m gross when I sleep so I might have drool or some other grossness and crust from the evening, I need to rinse all that shit off and create the illusion I’m not a gross blob. At least give people in the firs four hours of interaction the belief that I’m clean and hygienic.

Despite my advancing years I still go, “Crap, forgot to wash my noggin” and I feel like washing my face and head (I have eliminated hair on top because they were a bunch of quitters) is borderline gross because I’ve already washed out my nooks and crannies. But soap either cleans or it doesn’t, I guess.

*slowly backs away*

C’mere ya big galoot, let’s cuddle...

EDIT: Ha ha, testament to me never paying attention to who is who, I thought this was someone else but now I realize it’s not. I’m leaving it.
Last edited by Cannot think of a name on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"...I have been gravely disappointed with the white moderate. I have almost reached the regrettable conclusion that the Negro's great stumbling block in the stride toward freedom is not the White Citizen's Council-er or the Ku Klux Klanner, but the white moderate who is more devoted to "order" than to justice; who prefers a negative peace which is the absence of tension to a positive peace which is the presence of justice; who constantly says "I agree with you in the goal you seek, but I can't agree with your methods of direct action;" who paternalistically feels he can set the timetable for another man's freedom; who lives by the myth of time and who constantly advises the Negro to wait until a "more convenient season." -MLK Jr.

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:48 pm

I shower every other day, only at night.
Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
First place winner of the first Tea House of cards
Cards Communitea contest.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Thinking of writing SC resolutions
Always open to TGs!
Massive amount of contempt for the SC resolution Commend Common Territories.
Why hello there! Thanks for reading my signature!
Adventure Time is the best show ever, don’t @ me.
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 pm

I have, in no particular order:

- Showered early in the morning (6-8 AM) every weekday back when I am in pre-University school.
- Showered in the evening (5-7 PM).
- Showered in some ungodly hour (1-4 AM).
- Not showering for 1-2 days.
- Not showering for 6 days (I was out in the middle of a forest for an army training). It is awful, trust me. VERY awful.
- Showered 2-3 times / day for special occasions.

So... I tend to get lazy with showering, BUT when I have to or managed to, my average showers are 20-30 mins, i.e. don't want to go out.
Last edited by Valentine Z on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:49 pm

Farnhamia wrote:I can't see it for me, I have long-ish hair and I won't go to bed with wet hair (I don't like hair dryers). I rarely come downstairs in the morning without washing up, brushing my teeth, etc.

I'll wash my face and brush my teeth certainly, just dropped the shower.. my hair is quite fine and people do remark on how miraculously quickly it dries so it's not an issue.

However that's the same for all day so a shower at night seems reasonable, I'm sure there'd be greater volumes of ball skank in the day than at night.
Eldest, that's what I am...Tom remembers the first raindrop and the first acorn...he knew the dark under the stars when it was fearless — before the Dark Lord came from Outside..

十年

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Farnhamia wrote:I can't see it for me, I have long-ish hair and I won't go to bed with wet hair (I don't like hair dryers). I rarely come downstairs in the morning without washing up, brushing my teeth, etc.

I'll wash my face and brush my teeth certainly, just dropped the shower.. my hair is quite fine and people do remark on how miraculously quickly it dries so it's not an issue.

However that's the same for all day so a shower at night seems reasonable, I'm sure there'd be greater volumes of ball skank in the day than at night.

Yeah, but I’m single (clearly) so it’s just me and my ball stank. I can deal with my own grossness, I just don’t want to impose it on others.

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:51 pm

Valentine Z wrote:
So... I tend to get lazy with showering, BUT when I have to or managed to, my average showers are 20-30 mins, i.e. don't want to go out.

I stay in for 1 hour! HA!
Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
First place winner of the first Tea House of cards
Cards Communitea contest.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Thinking of writing SC resolutions
Always open to TGs!
Massive amount of contempt for the SC resolution Commend Common Territories.
Why hello there! Thanks for reading my signature!
Adventure Time is the best show ever, don’t @ me.
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

HUElavia
Minister

Founded: Jun 04, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby HUElavia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:51 pm

I tend to shower in the early afternoon, something that I developed recently from when I'd return from work in the morning at my university, especially when I'd pass by some areas where students smell bad and the stench would get on me a bit. Even with this pandemic, I still consistently take my shower at that time, even though I work from home during the morning.

Also, taking it at that hour allows me to relax after tense days with my job.

Cannot think of a name
Post Czar

Postby Cannot think of a name » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:52 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:

I stay in for 1 hour! HA!

Ah that’s the dream, but I live in California where you brag your civic duty by how fast you shower.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:53 pm

Valentine Z wrote:- Not showering for 6 days (I was out in the middle of a forest for an army training). It is awful, trust me. VERY awful.

I rode a horse around Mongolia for a week or so.. you're not allowed to use soap in rivers in Mongolia, and they were pretty damn cold regardless. So it was essentially a week of sitting on a horse all day, living in tents, eating lamb gristle stew most nights, drinking vodka and not washing.. I swear to god I was probably being tracked as a radioactive danger.

On the way back to Ulaan Bator I was dreaming of a bath, I got to the hotel, which touted itself as 6*, turned on the tap to see muddy water come out and then the electricity went.

It was a low point.

十年

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Postby Farnhamia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:54 pm

Bombadil wrote:
Valentine Z wrote:- Not showering for 6 days (I was out in the middle of a forest for an army training). It is awful, trust me. VERY awful.

I rode a horse around Mongolia for a week or so.. you're not allowed to use soap in rivers in Mongolia, and they were pretty damn cold regardless. So it was essentially a week of sitting on a horse all day, living in tents, eating lamb gristle stew most nights, drinking vodka and not washing.. I swear to god I was probably being tracked as a radioactive danger.

On the way back to Ulaan Bator I was dreaming of a bath, I got to the hotel, which touted itself as 6*, turned on the tap to see muddy water come out and then the electricity went.

It was a low point.

Muddy water is an exfoliant.

Bombadil
Post Marshal

Postby Bombadil » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Farnhamia wrote:
Bombadil wrote:

It was a low point.

Muddy water is an exfoliant.

It would have to cut through the inches of general grease and grime before it could even start exfoliating..

十年

Cybus1
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 08, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Cybus1 » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm

I shower or bathe at night. The only time I shower before then is if I’ve been up all night and need to force myself to stay awake for a class, or if I get particularly messy or sweaty for some reason and want to wash up. Or if I’m in my dorm and have a kidney stone and no other pain relief option.
Or after getting out of the pool, to wash off the chlorine, obviously.
To clean myself I prefer showers, but generally I prefer a nice long soak in the bathtub.
And if I’ve got a kidney stone and my pain meds (allergic to morphine so I take various hydrocodone products that, frustratingly, wear off before I’m allowed to take another one) wear off before I can take more, a hot bath sort of helps relieve the pain (until it gets unbearable and I have to to the ER for that sweet sweet pain-stopping, haze-inducing Duladid IV drip).
Showers suck for that, because I have to stand (or awkwardly sit against the shower wall and get sprayed) and the water doesn’t numb or reduce pain in the area as effectively..or at least it doesn’t feel like it (though it seems like the more focused stream of very hot water would better numb the area?).
I don't use NS stats, please refer to the factbooks. Terms to use: Cybus, Cybusian, The Infinite Cybusian Empire. Feel free to TG with suggestions, comments, feedback, questions, etc, especially about factbooks.
Regal and powerful; they carry an air about them that is inherently oppressive, the air of a trillion years of ancestry. -Kaedijork.
Great Gatsby, featuring some shape-shifting ability and more sci-fi elements. - Zitravgrad

Our Military
New Q&A!
News: / Sons of Mercer raid on foreign Human colony results in over 10,500 deaths or Consumptions in only two hours; dropships flee through Jaunt portal, escape. Imperial govt offers to assist investigation.

Glorious Hong Kong
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Glorious Hong Kong » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Who the hell has time to shower in the morning when they're groggy and half-awake and have to rush to work immediately afterward?

I always shower in the evening and shave at night when the day is spent, I'm much more alert, and there's plenty more time to spare.
LIBERATE HONG KONG. REVOLUTION OF OUR TIMES. CCP DELENDA EST.
VIVE LE FRANCE. JE SUIS SAMUEL PATY. I STAND WITH EUROPE AND ISRAEL AGAINST RADICAL ISLAM.
ALL LIVES MATTER.
Wuhan coronavirus is racist but Japanese encephalitis is A-OK. The CCP has nothing to do with this double standard whatsoever. Nothing to see here.
The case against communism
Definition of radical Islam

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:13 pm

Speaking as a Filipino student.

Back when I had a functional schedule and went to traditional school, I had hot showers in the morning, which helped wake me up and eat breakfast faster. I also just like the feeling of being clean and smelling good. After school, which usually ends at 3pm or 5pm, if there's was some sort of meeting, I'd go home and take another shower.

Then, school closed due to the pandemic, so I had to stay home. It was summertime when quarantine begun, so I continued to take showers twice a day, since it was THAT hot. Now that it's no longer summer, I pretty much just take a shower at ~10am, and if I don't, I make my night shower earlier at about ~5pm.

Edit: Also because balls stinky.
Last edited by Free Las Pinas on Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Heloin
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Heloin » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:14 pm

In the morning when I have long hair because I don't need to go to bed felling like I'm turning my pillow into a fungal garden. When it's short I'll do it at night cause I can dry it in time to sleep. Honestly though whenever is the answer for most days.

Postauthoritarian America
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Postauthoritarian America » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:14 pm

Having two dogs I shower at night, mornings are for kibbles breakfast and morningtime walks. Lately, and since I no longer have to worry about offending any workplace colleagues, I have been increasingly hydrophobic; I don't particularly like to drink water or shower in water (still washing my hands tho). At least once every other day though. So far. Save water -- shower with a friend.
"The violence of American law enforcement degrades the lives of countless people, especially poor Black people, through its peculiar appetite for their death." | "There are but two parties now: traitors and patriots. And I want hereafter to be ranked with the latter and, I trust, the stronger party." -- Ulysses S. Grant, 1861 | "You don't get mulligans in insurrection." | "Today's Republican Party is America's and the world's largest white supremacist organization." | "I didn't vote to overturn an election, and I will not be lectured by people who did about partisanship." -- Rep. Gerry Connolly |"Republicans...have transformed...to a fascist party engaged in a takeover of the United States of America."

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:22 pm

I tend to shower at night cause it gets rid of all the dirt of the day.

Though sometimes I will shower in the morning.

Also showering at night is better cause I can stay in the shower longer than if I shower in the morning.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Geneviev
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Geneviev » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:34 pm

I usually shower in the morning, because it wakes me up. The one problem is that my hair never seems to be dry in school, but at least I'm awake then.
"Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins." 1 Peter 4:8

New haven america
Post Czar

Founded: Oct 08, 2012

Postby New haven america » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Whenever I feel is convenient and once every other day or so because showers can cause higher chances for breakouts and I don't have the luxury of clear enough skin to fuck around with those chances
Human of the male variety
Will accept TGs
Char/Axis 2024

That's all folks~

Borderlands of Rojava
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 27, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Borderlands of Rojava » Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:56 pm

Cannot think of a name wrote:I’m going to get gross right off the bat and say in the morning because showing is aaaaallllll about ball stank, and after a night of hanging out in my shorts or whatever, balls accrue stank.

:rofl: :rofl: :lol2: :lol2: this shit made me shriek with laughter. I was not expecting this on NS.
Leftist, commie and Antifa Guy. Democratic Confederalist, Anti-racist

"The devil is out there. Hiding behind every corner and in every nook and cranny. In all of the dives, all over the city. Before you lays an entire world of enemies, and at day's end when the chips are down, we're a society of strangers. You cant walk by someone on the street anymore without crossing the road to get away from their stare. Welcome to the Twilight Zone. The land of plague and shadow. Nothing innocent survives this world. If it can't corrupt you, it'll kill you."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General