NATION

PASSWORD

New Card Rarity

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Unified Missourtama States
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Unified Missourtama States » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:09 pm

Obuba wrote:Why does OP want to bog the card market? This will significantly reduce the value of Legendary cards. The whole point of these cards is that they're the top.

You, at 5 days old, already have a better understanding of the cards economy than everyone in this thread advocating for an additional rarity.

There would be too few mythics to constitute real collections and classes of value.
"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
" (W. B. Yeats)

Obuba
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Obuba » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:12 pm

The Unified Missourtama States wrote:
Obuba wrote:Why does OP want to bog the card market? This will significantly reduce the value of Legendary cards. The whole point of these cards is that they're the top.

You, at 5 days old, already have a better understanding of the cards economy than everyone in this thread advocating for an additional rarity.

Quite right. I'm glad you can recognize my wisdom.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:25 pm

Obuba wrote:
The Unified Missourtama States wrote:You, at 5 days old, already have a better understanding of the cards economy than everyone in this thread advocating for an additional rarity.

There's one.
But many others have been here way longer than you and we want change. A new card rarity would be just that. Legendary values would not be down, for Mythic's would just be higher.

Authoritaria-Imperia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 06, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Authoritaria-Imperia » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:35 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:There's one.
But many others have been here way longer than you and we want change. A new card rarity would be just that. Legendary values would not be down, for Mythic's would just be higher.
But that's the thing — the valuable part of Legendaries is that they're the highest rarity. You couldn't add another rarity on top without devaluing Legendaries significantly — the result would be Legendaries becoming "just another rarity" and Mythic cards taking on the role that Legendaries have now. That would leave us all back where we started.
Thanks to all the first responders working to fight off this pandemic! Folks, you can make a donation here.

Obuba
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Obuba » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:42 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:
Obuba wrote:

There's one.
But many others have been here way longer than you and we want change.

"You're new here, therefore your opinion is invalid."

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 21, 2019
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:48 pm

The Blaatschapen wrote:
An auction, [v] sells off one mythic rarity to be given to a nation in s3. The highest bidder wins, and their card will be mythic in the next season?

So we’re looking at Koem Kab, The Northern Light, 9003, and Giovanniland all getting there cards to mythic rarity throughout seasons? I think it’d be cool if you just picked 10-20 random nations and suddenly their card had value.
Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
First place winner of the first Tea House of cards
Cards Communitea contest.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Thinking of writing SC resolutions
Always open to TGs!
Massive amount of contempt for the SC resolution Commend Common Territories.
Why hello there! Thanks for reading my signature!
Adventure Time is the best show ever, don’t @ me.
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Czechostan
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 23, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Czechostan » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:51 pm

What exactly is the point of adding an additional rank to card values? I mean, if you're going to add a card worth 5 bank, you might as well say why not have a card with 10 bank? And then 20 bank. And then 50 bank. And then 100. We have six categories as of now, and that seems like plenty to me.

Unless it's something like Honeydewistania's idea that has some twist, like being a random legendary card. Or maybe it could be a card that's gifted to a player by the NS community, sort of like how we vote for the Sec-Gen. Just something that makes it stand out from the other categories as especially unique.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:56 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:
An auction, [v] sells off one mythic rarity to be given to a nation in s3. The highest bidder wins, and their card will be mythic in the next season?

So we’re looking at Koem Kab, The Northern Light, 9003, and Giovanniland all getting there cards to mythic rarity throughout seasons? I think it’d be cool if you just picked 10-20 random nations and suddenly their card had value.

See no. Then you have those nations that never do cards. I say take the top 250 or 500 for cards and enter them into a raffle. Pull 15 or so and bam! you got your Mythic's. And besides, one more rank wont hurt anything. I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway. This is for the fun of it. So make fun of it. (NOt LiKe ThAt)

Obuba
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Obuba » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:08 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:
Cirrus Azale wrote:
I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway.

If that's true, send me yours please. I'm sure you could live without them just fine.

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:26 pm

Obuba wrote:
DavanteAdams wrote:I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway.

If that's true, send me yours please. I'm sure you could live without them just fine.

Matterafact I could, but that will cost me about 4-5 bank and time. Which I dont feel like wasting.
And besides, I need them for my USA collection.
Last edited by DavanteAdams on Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Noahs Second Country
Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 31, 2016
Anarchy

Postby Noahs Second Country » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:32 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:
The Blaatschapen wrote:

Hey! I have 10000 bank too!

In fact, I'm the only one to have bought a card for 10000 bank before...

As for this idea, while a new border color would be nice I don't think this really adds any new dynamic to the trading cards game.
Westinor wrote:Who knew the face of Big Farma could be the greatest hero of the Cards Proleteriat?
Honeydewistania wrote:Such spunk and arrogance that he welcomes the brigade of hatred!
Orcuo wrote:The plan was foolproof! Unfortunately, I didn’t make it Noah-proof.
WeKnow wrote:I am not a fan of his in the slightest.
Benevolent 0 wrote:You can't seem to ever portray yourself straight.
Bormiar wrote: reckless and greedy, closer to a character issue than something to be rewarded.
Second Best™ - 7x Issues Author, 7x SC Author, Editor, Ex-Minister of Cards of the North Pacific

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:33 pm

Noahs Second Country wrote:
Cirrus Azale wrote:

As for this idea, while a new border color would be nice I don't think this really adds any new dynamic to the trading cards game.

I know right!
My boy Noah.
Well thats 1 big collector who agrees (9003) and a half I guess, (you)

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:35 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:

Oxygen, Pizza, Libertarian, Chocolate Milk, AFFORDABLE, not free, healthcare, equality, and on a way off note, Life.
People being mean to anyone based on who they are or what they believe, defenders getting commendations for the sole region they do a ton of defending, those idiots at the drive-thru who take way too long to place their order.
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Always open to TGs!
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 pm

If another rarity is added, then players may not like the idea that there is even more people with a higher rarity then them, and those that get legendary as their card without being a staff member, with badges like a lot of 1%, founder, WA, etc, may not be to pleased with not being guaranteed the highest rarity.
DavanteAdams wrote:See no. Then you have those nations that never do cards. I say take the top 250 or 500 for cards and enter them into a raffle. Pull 15 or so and bam! you got your Mythic's. And besides, one more rank wont hurt anything. I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway.

Top 250-300 may still have people that may CTE, DOS/DEAT/Ban, doubtful but possible, and so the mythic would be way harder to pull and the big farmers could just buy the first copies found at the beginning for a lot, and inflate those so only they would benefit from said mythic. When this came up in the cards forum, there was a small talk about how so many more cards would be added for S3 and especially with a new rarity, of how much storage on the NS servers would take up, but 10-20 cards shouldn't be to bad. From what Davante said, no, ultra-rare serves a good purpose in the cards' value and the between are for rare and epic, so we, as the overall cards community, wouldn't live with the absence of ultra-rare cards.
Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:But that's the thing — the valuable part of Legendaries is that they're the highest rarity. You couldn't add another rarity on top without devaluing Legendaries significantly — the result would be Legendaries becoming "just another rarity" and Mythic cards taking on the role that Legendaries have now. That would leave us all back where we started.
I agree with Authoritaria-Imperia with that the big farmers would care a lot less on the legendaries that would have been the top interest of a large part of the market, besides the rarity and certain collection market, and people wouldn't probably want to inflate them besides the couple usual cards like Testlandia or Fris, and it wouldn't be so impressive to have all legendaries but not the mythic. Still difficult, but what feels like pointless, and would basically be "just another rarity" like Auth.-Imperia said. The mythics could be people like admins and senior game/forum mods, since they deserve it with the new highest rarity that few others have, and it wouldn't cause too much argument, right? Maybe Luna predicted this from the beginning of S2 with the Glitch Amore nation, but I personally think if mythic was added, it should be a red or a pink like in Glitch Amore, anyone else?
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

DavanteAdams
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby DavanteAdams » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:38 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:
Noahs Second Country wrote:Hey! I have 10000 bank too!

Out of how many?

Nooooooooooooooo
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Nooooooooooooooo » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:40 pm

Cirrus Azale wrote:

What card did you buy for 10000?

Obuba
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Obuba » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:41 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:
Obuba wrote:

I need them for my USA collection.

DavanteAdams wrote:I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway.

Hmm.

Holland DS6
Envoy

Founded: Dec 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Holland DS6 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:44 pm

Nooooooooooooooo wrote:
Noahs Second Country wrote:Hey! I have 10000 bank too!

What card did you buy for 10000?

This card: https://www.nationstates.net/page=deck/ ... 5/season=2
It was at exactly 1,000 value before, one of the 7 cards beating my top card which I bought for 1 and has a value of 870 :p
If you want to send me any cards, best if you send it to this one, Holland DS6, I just need more bank on this account if I want to upgrade the limit, but I just keep wanting to buy cards worth more, cards I like or cards for a collection that I am working on, I already had a lot of cards in the catagory, so mind as well make it an official collection that I could possibly already complete. I try not to break the rules, so if I do it by accident, please just tell me mods, although it would have to be through the TG only for mods, like Ransium had to due to class region. I didn't really check for spellings, so it may be a little unclear, sorry. :P More in my factbook on card+gifts.
Finally getting my own card soon!

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Mon Nov 23, 2020 9:50 pm

DavanteAdams wrote:
Cirrus Azale wrote:

See no. Then you have those nations that never do cards. I say take the top 250 or 500 for cards and enter them into a raffle. Pull 15 or so and bam! you got your Mythic's. And besides, one more rank wont hurt anything. I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway. This is for the fun of it. So make fun of it. (NOt LiKe ThAt)

What does it matter if they don’t do cards? It’s injecting value and life into the cards economy, and I may not be as in to cards as you, but I certainly am older and have a understanding of it.
1 more rank will hurt it, because the staff don’t get top tier anymore, and stats have less purpose if it’s impossible to get the highest tier.
The idea is never going to work. It’s inflation to the economy, and why do we need that? Why do we need another rank? I fail to see the OPs argument as to why we should ha e a mythic tier.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Obuba
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Obuba » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:04 pm

Mathuvan Union wrote:
DavanteAdams wrote:See no. Then you have those nations that never do cards. I say take the top 250 or 500 for cards and enter them into a raffle. Pull 15 or so and bam! you got your Mythic's. And besides, one more rank wont hurt anything. I am sure we could live without Ultra-Rare, yet we have it anyway. This is for the fun of it. So make fun of it. (NOt LiKe ThAt)

What does it matter if they don’t do cards? It’s injecting value and life into the cards economy, and I may not be as in to cards as you, but I certainly am older and have a understanding of it.
1 more rank will hurt it, because the staff don’t get top tier anymore, and stats have less purpose if it’s impossible to get the highest tier.
The idea is never going to work. It’s inflation to the economy, and why do we need that? Why do we need another rank? I fail to see the OPs argument as to why we should ha e a mythic tier.

Based and economics-pilled.

OP hasn't taken the inflation pill, but they have taken the bog pill. Adding another rank above that of Legendary will disrupt its market value. Maybe that's their intention all along?

Since when were you under the impression that CRAB-17 was over?

Cirrus Azale
Bureaucrat

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Cirrus Azale » Mon Nov 23, 2020 10:27 pm

From what I’ve seen here, a card rarity above Legendary would harm the card economy, but I do think that a card rarity between Uncommon and Rare or between Ultra-Rare and Epic could be cool, the former being the one I’d want. Most of the people on the supporting end of this would enjoy the novelty of it, myself included. The reason I like the Uncommon-Rare rarity is because a lot of people try to get their stats high for cards, and I think a rarity between that could offer something more to achieve, though it might be seen as an added stepping stone. Thoughts on this?
MP of Thaecia
Ambassador to Force
Possible Narcissist.
Always open to TGs!
[he/him]
“It’s all OOC?”
“Always Hazbin. Hotel.”

Comfed
Minister

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Comfed » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:31 am

We don’t need an additional rarity. The current system is fine. What I’m worried about is all the card farming puppets which would flood the market with commons.

Giovanniland
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 10, 2019
Corporate Bordello

Postby Giovanniland » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:40 am

Authoritaria-Imperia wrote:But that's the thing — the valuable part of Legendaries is that they're the highest rarity. You couldn't add another rarity on top without devaluing Legendaries significantly — the result would be Legendaries becoming "just another rarity" and Mythic cards taking on the role that Legendaries have now. That would leave us all back where we started.
Czechostan wrote:What exactly is the point of adding an additional rank to card values? I mean, if you're going to add a card worth 5 bank, you might as well say why not have a card with 10 bank? And then 20 bank. And then 50 bank. And then 100. We have six categories as of now, and that seems like plenty to me.

These two comments sum up my opinion. There's no point in adding another rarity, and if we did add a Mythic or whatever I can see this exact same discussion to add yet another rarity happening a year after or so.
Last edited by Giovanniland on Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
The Kingdom of Giovanniland

51st Delegate of the West Pacific
Former TWP Speaker of the Hall (x3), Guardian and Minister of Foreign Affairs

WA Author (SC#364, SC#372, SC#373, SC#377)
Card Collector (once the highest deck value ever at 26 million, maintains the Collection Collection Thread)

Free Las Pinas
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Free Las Pinas » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:43 am

Alternatively, how about a card rarity even lower than common cards?

/s

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:12 am

Obuba wrote:
Mathuvan Union wrote:What does it matter if they don’t do cards? It’s injecting value and life into the cards economy, and I may not be as in to cards as you, but I certainly am older and have a understanding of it.

Based and economics-pilled.

OP hasn't taken the inflation pill, but they have taken the bog pill. Adding another rank above that of Legendary will disrupt its market value. Maybe that's their intention all along?

Since when were you under the impression that CRAB-17 was over?

yes, likely.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Technical