NATION

PASSWORD

Australian Political & Infrastructure Discussion Thread

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cocuryeo
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Cocuryeo » Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:54 am

Albrenia wrote:
Cordel One wrote:Hello fellow Australians! Some kangaroos made dog's breakfast of my boomerangs while I was cooking shrimp on the barbie. If you could mail some over to me that would be great. Coo-ee! Fair suck of the sauce bottle.

I see you've played knifey spoony before.

Knifey spoony... :lol: Nice expression.

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 30, 2020
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Sun Nov 01, 2020 2:41 am

ok then. I understand. you are entitled to your opinion, I'm entitled to mine.
bruz

Not affiliated with Dunder-Mifflin Paper Company
or any associated firms

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:33 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Shrillland wrote:
It could've been worse, they could have barely held on to their lead and had to work with the Greens. :p

That's true. Can you imagine the Greens in charge of an entire state **shrugs**

They've formed coalition government before. In Tasmania 2010-2014. In the ACT now.

They obviously wouldn't be "in charge" but they would get more of their agenda seen to. More protection for the Great Barrier Reef wouldn't be bad.
I report offenses if and only if they are crimes.
No footwear industry: citizens cannot afford new shoes.
High rate of Nobel prizes and other academic achievements.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:58 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:That's true. Can you imagine the Greens in charge of an entire state **shrugs**

They've formed coalition government before. In Tasmania 2010-2014. In the ACT now.

They obviously wouldn't be "in charge" but they would get more of their agenda seen to. More protection for the Great Barrier Reef wouldn't be bad.

Just waiting for them to take Queensland in my dreams...
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.
Update: apparently it’s bleating sheep.

Kenobot
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 09, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Kenobot » Mon Nov 02, 2020 3:45 am

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:Gladys Berejiklian = #KoalaKiller
Johnny from the Bush = #SuperBarilaroBruz #NOTionals #SecretDictatorship #PorkBarilaro #
Scott Morrison = #ScottyFromMarketing #SnottyFromMarketing #MaccasPants #SlowMo #Scummo #ThisIsCoal
Josh Frydenberg = #FrenchFry #BudgetBotcher #
Peter Dutton = #Egghead #FeloniousDutton #HomeUnfairsMinister
Murdoch = #MurkyMurdy #MurdochRoyalCommission #CourierFail #FeraldSun #TheSadvertiser #FailyTelegraph #Unclerupert
Peter Costello = #Wormtail #RattyRat
Deb Frecklington = #reefwrecker #wrecklington
Gina Rinehart = #MinerMum
Clive Palmer = #FattyFromFootscray #timtamlord
Barnaby Joyce = #LocalCouncils #SundriedTomato #RomaTomatoes
Mike Baird - #DirtyBasin #LockoutLaws
Malcolm Turnbull - #MalkeyfromTPG

Aaand...
#KingPrawn

FriendlyJordies is an apologist for the Uyghur Concentration Camps and a bad faith commentator who, much like the very people he derides, will bend over backwards to explain away anything Labor ever does. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Anatoliyanskiy wrote:Yep, seems like Queensland's Labor is about to win a third consecutive term in government, which I find strange considering that they are a pretty conservative state (LNP won 22 out of QL 30 seats in the Australian HoR last election). But hey, I'll take it!

Dysfunction in the opposition and a poor leader/opposition office team as well as the collapse of One Nation in Queensland handed the election to Labor long before Coronavirus rocked up.

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:
Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:Australian rePublic,
do you read the Daily Telegraph? Courier Mail? SMH? Any of those?

Where are you getting your facts, and more importantly, where do you source your points on FJ?

Besides, I didn't steal all of them. #FeraldSun is mine, as is #MurkyMurdy and #RattyRat.

Can we just agree that we have different points of view and call it a day?

P.S. I can agree though, sometimes the ALP does make mistakes, but rarely do those mistakes equal to the level of Liberal/Nationals' mistakes or wrongdoings, such as:
- GLaDYs' and the NSW Liberals' selling spree of state assets like power grids, $45 billion motorways, hosptials etc to private companies.
- The Nationals' water theft, marginal seat rorts and starving much of rural NSW of economical opportunities - not to mention John Barilaro's Wild Horse Heritage Bill.
- Stacking the Fair Work Commission with Business Council lobbyists who ignored the status of workers.
- Locking Australia into $80bn defence contracts - the same amount pulled out of schools and hospitals by Abbott - to ensure that the ALP could not redirect those funds back into education and hospitals.
- Deliberately using outdated FTTN technology for the NBN to ensure Rupert Murdoch's commercial interests were safeguarded.

(these are just examples.)

Except they're the elected government; privatisation is literally part of the whole package deal you get when electing them. Don't be shocked when they do what they said they'd do.

The Nationals didn't steal the water from the Murray-Darling; there were a number of landholders who were Charged by the NRAR for their actions.

Again, both parties stack commissions with their own people; selectively singling out the Liberals for that isn't really fair

Ok and defence contracts are incredibly important in a world where Trump is US President, Xi is Chinese President and Putin is Russian President. The international order is slowly falling apart and the UN is becoming as relevant as the League of Nations as the anarchic nature of International Relations returns. I for one would not be interested in kowtowing and becoming a puppet for any of them. Having sovereign capabilities is incredibly important and we can't afford to forget that. A few years ago one member of the Cabinet spoke anonymously to the ABC following an incident involving the US and said that if the US pulled out of Asia, "We'd have more to worry about than Gonski" or some other program. Social programs, education and such are important, but when it comes down to it the most basic role of the state is to defend its citizens.

I too was disappointed by the downgrade of the NBN, however this decision has recently been reversed; perhaps too late, but better than never.
Australian

Social Liberal Hawk
Pro: Democracy, Keynes, Don Chipp, Menzies, Malcolm Turnbull, interventionism, renewables and nuclear power
Anti: Fascism, Communism, populism, authoritarianism, reactionaries, coal

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Um...

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:00 am

Kenobot wrote:
Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:Gladys Berejiklian = #KoalaKiller
Johnny from the Bush = #SuperBarilaroBruz #NOTionals #SecretDictatorship #PorkBarilaro #
Scott Morrison = #ScottyFromMarketing #SnottyFromMarketing #MaccasPants #SlowMo #Scummo #ThisIsCoal
Josh Frydenberg = #FrenchFry #BudgetBotcher #
Peter Dutton = #Egghead #FeloniousDutton #HomeUnfairsMinister
Murdoch = #MurkyMurdy #MurdochRoyalCommission #CourierFail #FeraldSun #TheSadvertiser #FailyTelegraph #Unclerupert
Peter Costello = #Wormtail #RattyRat
Deb Frecklington = #reefwrecker #wrecklington
Gina Rinehart = #MinerMum
Clive Palmer = #FattyFromFootscray #timtamlord
Barnaby Joyce = #LocalCouncils #SundriedTomato #RomaTomatoes
Mike Baird - #DirtyBasin #LockoutLaws
Malcolm Turnbull - #MalkeyfromTPG

Aaand...
#KingPrawn

FriendlyJordies is an apologist for the Uyghur Concentration Camps and a bad faith commentator who, much like the very people he derides, will bend over backwards to explain away anything Labor ever does. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Anatoliyanskiy wrote:Yep, seems like Queensland's Labor is about to win a third consecutive term in government, which I find strange considering that they are a pretty conservative state (LNP won 22 out of QL 30 seats in the Australian HoR last election). But hey, I'll take it!

Dysfunction in the opposition and a poor leader/opposition office team as well as the collapse of One Nation in Queensland handed the election to Labor long before Coronavirus rocked up.

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:
Besides, I didn't steal all of them. #FeraldSun is mine, as is #MurkyMurdy and #RattyRat.

Can we just agree that we have different points of view and call it a day?

P.S. I can agree though, sometimes the ALP does make mistakes, but rarely do those mistakes equal to the level of Liberal/Nationals' mistakes or wrongdoings, such as:
- GLaDYs' and the NSW Liberals' selling spree of state assets like power grids, $45 billion motorways, hosptials etc to private companies.
- The Nationals' water theft, marginal seat rorts and starving much of rural NSW of economical opportunities - not to mention John Barilaro's Wild Horse Heritage Bill.
- Stacking the Fair Work Commission with Business Council lobbyists who ignored the status of workers.
- Locking Australia into $80bn defence contracts - the same amount pulled out of schools and hospitals by Abbott - to ensure that the ALP could not redirect those funds back into education and hospitals.
- Deliberately using outdated FTTN technology for the NBN to ensure Rupert Murdoch's commercial interests were safeguarded.

(these are just examples.)

Except they're the elected government; privatisation is literally part of the whole package deal you get when electing them. Don't be shocked when they do what they said they'd do.

The Nationals didn't steal the water from the Murray-Darling; there were a number of landholders who were Charged by the NRAR for their actions.

Again, both parties stack commissions with their own people; selectively singling out the Liberals for that isn't really fair

Ok and defence contracts are incredibly important in a world where Trump is US President, Xi is Chinese President and Putin is Russian President. The international order is slowly falling apart and the UN is becoming as relevant as the League of Nations as the anarchic nature of International Relations returns. I for one would not be interested in kowtowing and becoming a puppet for any of them. Having sovereign capabilities is incredibly important and we can't afford to forget that. A few years ago one member of the Cabinet spoke anonymously to the ABC following an incident involving the US and said that if the US pulled out of Asia, "We'd have more to worry about than Gonski" or some other program. Social programs, education and such are important, but when it comes down to it the most basic role of the state is to defend its citizens.

I too was disappointed by the downgrade of the NBN, however this decision has recently been reversed; perhaps too late, but better than never.

I asked the host of this forum, and I'll ask you, just out of curiosity:

Where does your hate for Jordies come from?
And where is your info sourced from? SMH, IA, Daily Tellie, Herald Sun, Finny Rev, anything like that?
(I'm only curious)

Australian rePublic does not endorse my opinions, nor do I. We have differing opinions on #AusPolitics and that is completely fine.
bruz

or any associated firms

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Rupert

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:38 am

Maybe FJ is a Labor Party shill, and maybe he is a 'bad faith commentator', but I will at least say this.

Did you read the section in my post where I said the NBN was indirectly sabotaged by Malkey so Murdoch's commercial interests were protected? I mean, if you were a billionaire like Murdoch would you really want Australians getting uber-fast access to rising competition online instead of accessing Sky or Fox News - after paying $50 a month for Foxtel beforehand? No.

Rupert Murdoch basically complained to Abbott and Turnbull when they were in power that he couldn't bear the prospect of Australians having much much faster access to information.

And in 2018, Murdy came to Australia with an ultimatum, met with Kerry Stokes, and for Turnbull, it was all downhill from there. We were at risk of having Dutton the bully himself as Liberal Party leader and PM! And instead we got good old Scummo.

And this isn't limited to News Corp's commercial interests, either.

Rupert runs the broadsheet The Australian, which is distributed nationally. It sets the frame, talking points and direction of the debate for most of the rest of the media. Then his tabloids, like all the metropolitan papers (except Perth), news.com.au, Sky News, etc, pick their hottest stories from the Australian.

Early in the morning, breakfast show hosts (Today, Sunrise, Studio 10, ABC News Brekky, Sky) all read through the papers to see 'what's hot' in today's news. Since many of them are based in metropolitan cities, it'll most likely be The Herald Sun, Daily Telegrph or other tabloid - owned by News Corp Australia.

Therefore, the breakfast show hosts run the same line.

Then, online publications pick it up, such as the Betoota Adv. So does 9news.com.au and the other commercial stations, as does 'Dependent, Always.' Un-Fairfax, (rimshot)
the Canberra Times, Business Insider, and sometimes, if it's important, young people sites like MamaM!a, Junkee, Vice and Pedestrian, and even the national broadcaster itself.

In addition, News Corp Australia purchased APN in 2016, and the Courier Mail's incessant annihilation of people they don't like began trickling down into the Dalby Herald, Toowoomba Chronicle, Cairns Post, Townsville Bulletin, Daily Mercury, and I could go on. In fact, this meant virtually every paper in Queensland was run by NCA; the literal embodiment of an echo chamber.

What doesn't help is that Queensland is a notoriously 'conservative' state, and swings so many federal elections; 2019 being a notable example.

And don't get me started on the News Media Bargaining Code; I emailed the Courier Mail a long, comprehensive letter with a section regarding that and have gotten no response.

The attempt of this code is not to protect public interest, but rather to further the corporate interests of Rupert, Costello, and who knows, maybe even Kerry Stokes, by artificially increasing their search rankings and maintaining a monopoly.

Do you remember Herman and Chomsky's propaganda model? Y'know: ownership, advertising, sourcing, flak, a common enemy?

This is not a direct 100% bash of the LNP, ALP, or political party in general. It's how media, and more importantly, Rupert Murdoch and other media tycoons control the flow of debate, news and information.

They're not shills for the Liberal-National Coalition, although yes, they are, but they're moreso shills for their own corporate interests and the interests of the wealthy.

Because the mainstream media isn't there to inform you.
It never was.
It's either focusing on dumb, insignificant things,
presenting the illusion of a debate,
or being what the MSM actually is and always has been:
PR for the rich, while selling your viewership to advertisers.
Last edited by Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts on Tue Nov 03, 2020 5:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
bruz

or any associated firms

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:56 am

Scummo just completed the demolishment of Gonski and funding for public schools,
in favour of Catholic and independent schools.
Why am I not surprised?
https://www.michaelwest.com.au/going-going-gonski-public-schools-finally-abandoned-for-the-elite/

Also, Labor recently joined the Coalition in weakening Political Donation laws. It's a bad move that I find difficult to support. Wonder how FriendlyJordies will react...........

Also how's everyone going? :)
Last edited by Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts on Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
bruz

or any associated firms

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Tue Nov 10, 2020 11:02 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:That's true. Can you imagine the Greens in charge of an entire state **shrugs**

If the Kiwis have done it in the national government, why can't we? We've funded a bunch of coal mining plants only for china, south korea, and japan saying they're phasing out of coal usage.
Behind the free market lies the iron fist of the state - the one thing I learned from The Blaatschapen, excluding how to say sheep in dutch.

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:52 pm

While I am concerned with what the lnp and other parties are doing, that's only 40% of my political interest. The other 60% is focused on how corrupt and screwed the mainstream media is in Australia.

It truly astounds me to how corrupt big businesses and the media truly are. Why?

The propaganda model. That's why.
bruz

or any associated firms

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:29 pm

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:While I am concerned with what the lnp and other parties are doing, that's only 40% of my political interest. The other 60% is focused on how corrupt and screwed the mainstream media is in Australia.

It truly astounds me to how corrupt big businesses and the media truly are. Why?

The propaganda model. That's why.

Do you actually know what the "mainstream media" actually says or do you just take Friemdlyjordie's word for it? I watch and listen to a lot of media outlets to avoid being in an eco-chamber, and let me tell you something, many people in the "mainstream media" is very critical of the LNP

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:Scummo just completed the demolishment of Gonski and funding for public schools,
in favour of Catholic and independent schools.
Why am I not surprised?
https://www.michaelwest.com.au/going-going-gonski-public-schools-finally-abandoned-for-the-elite/

Also, Labor recently joined the Coalition in weakening Political Donation laws. It's a bad move that I find difficult to support. Wonder how FriendlyJordies will react...........

Also how's everyone going? :)

He's gonna find some bullshit reason to blame it on the LNP whilst somehow finding a way to praise the ALP. That he'll conviently completely ignore the issue. I don't know what it's in the Murdoch papers, because fuck the paywall, but I don't claim to either
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

?

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:41 am

australian rePublic, you're probably right. but tbh while I do find the LNP's antics (and some of the ALP's) and other parties deplorable, what's even more deplorable is the blatant Mainstream Media corruption that lets it go (mostly) unnoticed.

Either that or A Current Affair, which is the most laughable show on Australian free-to-air TV, will ignore it in favour of discussing whether or not Woolworths's latest deals are 'lit'.

But honestly, and i don't think I'm the only one, but I'd be impressed if FJ can actually come up with some decent critiques of Labor regarding this donation law stuff. While it wouldn't be a complete change, at least it'd present a more balanced view of the issue.
Last edited by Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts on Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
bruz

or any associated firms

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:19 am

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:australian rePublic, you're probably right. but tbh while I do find the LNP's antics (and some of the ALP's) and other parties deplorable, what's even more deplorable is the blatant Mainstream Media corruption that lets it go (mostly) unnoticed.

All major political parties are corrupt to some degree

Either that or A Current Affair, which is the most laughable show on Australian free-to-air TV, will ignore it in favour of discussing whether or not Woolworths's latest deals are 'lit'.

A Currrent Affair isn't a news program. It's a neighbourhood wars-themed reality TV show with the occasional product placement

But honestly, and i don't think I'm the only one, but I'd be impressed if FJ can actually come up with some decent critiques of Labor regarding this donation law stuff. While it wouldn't be a complete change, at least it'd present a more balanced view of the issue.

Just because someone is able something doesn't necessarily mean that they're willing to. Notice how he always interviews ALP members and talks about all the good things they do, and never interviews LNP members? I have reason to suspect that he's on the ALP payroll
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:32 am

Speaking of A Current Affair, I could have sworn like fifteen years ago it used to have some actual decent stories. Now it's just poorly disguised advertisements, the odd human interest story and other, even less interesting things.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:57 am

Albrenia wrote:Speaking of A Current Affair, I could have sworn like fifteen years ago it used to have some actual decent stories. Now it's just poorly disguised advertisements, the odd human interest story and other, even less interesting things.

They also wrecked the lives of individuals who committed no crime (or did but served their time) and arguably got into their current line of doing infomercials by holding up businesses with the threat of a negative story. Fearless journalism (ie well defended legally) can too easily become bullying, with the power of the editing room and the voice-over.

Yeah they did some decent stories. Won awards too. But power corrupts eh

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:56 pm

South Australia's in lockdown now. May Corona have mercy on their souls.
Last edited by Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts on Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruz

or any associated firms

Albrenia
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Albrenia » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 am

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:South Australia's in lockdown now. May Corona have mercy on their souls.

Hopefully short lived, and just to give them time to contact trace down all of the potential infections. Since they got to it so quickly, I doubt the lockdown will last very long.

Mathuvan Union
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Mathuvan Union » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:58 pm

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:South Australia's in lockdown now. May Corona have mercy on their souls.

I just got out of Adelaide, haha.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 am

You know what's good about ScoMo? He's put bullshit partisan politics aside and is working very well his state premiers and territory high cheifs, Liberal and Labor

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:13 am

Australian rePublic wrote:You know what's good about ScoMo? He's put bullshit partisan politics aside and is working very well his state premiers and territory high cheifs, Liberal and Labor

I'll give him credit for that, but also say it's not a hard role to play, considering

1. We have so few states (even incl. territories) and other than WA, not much division
  2. The States (their premiers) have mostly avoided bickering with one another
  3. Premiers need things from the PM, but not the other way around
  4. ScoMo always had the attitude of a "good manager" rather than a Leader, he's ideally suited to this.
  5. (Maybe) China being mean to us has caused national solidarity

The States "taking turns" with virus outbreaks could have been bad, but I think it's turned out good. I was pretty shocked at what happened in Melbourne but when that brought their outbreak under control, instead of being bothered by suburb-by-suburb lockdown, and/or short&sharp lockdowns, the principle was proven to me: if it's strict enough it doesn't have to last that long. I would now accept such lockdowns in Sydney if they (dog forbid) become necessary.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:37 am

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:You know what's good about ScoMo? He's put bullshit partisan politics aside and is working very well his state premiers and territory high cheifs, Liberal and Labor

I'll give him credit for that, but also say it's not a hard role to play, considering

1. We have so few states (even incl. territories) and other than WA, not much division
  4. ScoMo always had the attitude of a "good manager" rather than a Leader, he's ideally suited to this.

The States "taking turns" with virus outbreaks could have been bad, but I think it's turned out good. I was pretty shocked at what happened in Melbourne but when that brought their outbreak under control, instead of being bothered by suburb-by-suburb lockdown, and/or short&sharp lockdowns, the principle was proven to me: if it's strict enough it doesn't have to last that long. I would now accept such lockdowns in Sydney if they (dog forbid) become necessary.

Considering that you think that the right to go is "unnecessary " then of coarse you'd say that. I, as a person who drives for a living, cannot another lock down. It would affect my business badly

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts
Diplomat

Postby Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:38 am

You reckon it's apt to call 2020 "The Year of the Dumpster Fire"?

The "Year of the Impostor?"

The "Year of Gaming?"

The Year of "Politics"?

The Year of Isolation?

The year of what? I just don't know what to call 2020. It's been a crap year for sure but it's been interesting too.
bruz

or any associated firms

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:52 am

Australian rePublic wrote:
Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:

Considering that you think that the right to go is "unnecessary " then of coarse you'd say that. I, as a person who drives for a living, cannot another lock down. It would affect my business badly

So if something like the Melbourne outbreak happened, you'd just let it keep getting worse and worse until 4 million Sydneysiders had had the disease (out of 5.4 million). Yay the herd immunity.

12,000 of us would die. Sucks to be them, I guess.

Nobel Hobos 2
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nobel Hobos 2 » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:57 am

Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts wrote:You reckon it's apt to call 2020 "The Year of the Dumpster Fire"?

The "Year of the Impostor?"

The "Year of Gaming?"

The Year of "Politics"?

The Year of Isolation?

The year of what? I just don't know what to call 2020. It's been a crap year for sure but it's been interesting too.

It hasn't been the worst year of my life. I've had some shockers.

Also I wouldn't want to jinx 2020 even more by speculating about bad things that could still happen!

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:45 pm

Nobel Hobos 2 wrote:
Australian rePublic wrote:Considering that you think that the right to go is "unnecessary " then of coarse you'd say that. I, as a person who drives for a living, cannot another lock down. It would affect my business badly

So if something like the Melbourne outbreak happened, you'd just let it keep getting worse and worse until 4 million Sydneysiders had had the disease (out of 5.4 million). Yay the herd immunity.

12,000 of us would die. Sucks to be them, I guess.

Um, no. I never said that. I never said that at all. All I said was that the right to go outside is not a useless right. How did you draw that conclusion? If a Melbourne style outbreak happened, of coarse we'd have to lockdown. I just hope it doesn't come to that
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General